[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - Questions that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 49

File: 1471032203945.jpg (27KB, 508x566px) Image search: [Google]
1471032203945.jpg
27KB, 508x566px
Just bought a Marlin 45-70
Should I or should I not put a scope on it?
>>
No, it's a brush gun... close quarters for when the meese sneak up on you.
>>
Is 25U a good MOS? How likely is it that I can get in a high speed unit with that MOS plus airborne?

Also, how do I into 37F???
>>
>>32114787
Are CZ 557's any good? I want a nice .308 hunting rifle.
>>
>>32114787
Should we accept California refugees after Calexit happens? Personally I think we should build a wall and deport all of the recent migrants within 10 years.
>>
>>32117207
Not /k/, but I say we don't and we deport everyone living in the south who voted for someone who voted for gun control to the California SR
>>
odds i reenlist and make up the years i wasted in my first tour with cooler orders (i.e. riverines, period)

evens i EAS and kill myself
>>
File: IMG_2725.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2725.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
Best deal on AR barrels today?
>>
>>32117201
Currently in gunsmithing school. One course required building three bolt rifles. One Remington 700, and two dealer's choice. I chose a Weatherby and a CZ-550, and I can tell you that the quality of the CZ was above and beyond either of the other two. Remington was dogshit, and the Weatherby was decent. Spent so much time fixing the tolerances on the 700 and I barely touched the CZ.

So based on that, and the opinions of the veteran instructors, my personal opinion is that the CZ bolt actions are some of the finest things to come straight from the factory. Tikka was the only other company I was really impressed with.
>>
>>32117259
Thanks. It's good to hear that. CZ is really within my price range and I keep hearing good things, just wanted confirmation.
>>
>>32117307
now go get it
>>
What might my threaded 10/22 takedown sell for? I want a sig 522.
>>
is century arms a quality brand of firearms?
>>
What guns could you build with hand tools, and maybe a press?

I know ARs are #1 in ease of building, what would be #2, #3, #4?
>>
>>32114787
That .45 slug drops like a stone. Kind of like 7.62x39. No need for a scope broham.
>>
People always argue about whether it's better to have a light, fast moving bullet, or a heavy, slow-moving one for combat. I understand the pros and cons of each--but why doesn't anyone consider cartridges that are both heavy and fast-moving for combat? Rounds like that exist, but are almost exclusively for hunting.

Basically, why doesn't the military use .300 win mag or something similar, and make both the AR and AK fags' arguments invalid?
>>
What is a decent price for a threaded 10/22 barrel, and where can I find one for said price?

With the hearing protection act almost certain, I would like a gun that accepts suppressors.
>>
File: Remington 700 bore.webm (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Remington 700 bore.webm
2MB, 320x240px
>>32117259
>remington QC
huehuehue
>>
>>32118625
Around $100-150. There are dozens of quality makers out there, I like kidd.
>>
Where can i learn about comms?
>>
File: 1462916425592.jpg (680KB, 850x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1462916425592.jpg
680KB, 850x1199px
/a/ made fun of me so I'm gonna ask you guys, what gun is this?
>>
File: 23.jpg (228KB, 850x1206px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
228KB, 850x1206px
>>32119106

Rapebait.
>>
>>32119106
Honestly, it's an artist's rendition which is only loosely based off of a real gun at all. The artist probably just did a Google Image search for "scarey assault rifle" and mixed and matched features they liked.
>>
anyone have experience with AK pistols (in 7.62x39 ofc) as deer hunters?
>>
So today I got a bore snake from China, off eBay, for my .22 lr chiappa Little Badger. I pulled it through, and sure enough, my bore was completely clean.

My question is this: Is there a downside to using bore snakes? I seem to remember /k/ having a disdain for them and I'm wondering why.
>>
Does anyone have any info on the suomi m31 parts kits? Are they as good as the TNW suomi m31s?
>>
>>32114787
Maybe a 1x power red dot. No magnification needed for a brush gun
>>
>>32114787
Pretty drastic drop rate on 45-70, I wouldn't put a 9 power scope on it or anything but it'd look good with a long tube red dot or trijicon fiber optic whatever. However, what I would do I is just replace the iron buffalo horn sights, which are garbage, with a ghost ring night sight set up or something.
>>
>>32119148

Sauce?
>>
>>32119106
Im thinking its based off an ar. You cpuld probably find parts to make it look close but im not sure where to start. Stock is probably a magpul ctr or something
>>
About to trade a Ruger talo sp101 357 for a Springfield 1911 5" GI stainless.

Good trade?
>>
Selling a handgun off Armslist(Florida). How can I conduct a FTF sale safely? most people I'm reading meet up in Home Depot parking lots. Thoughts?
>>
>>32120022
ive bought guns in minnesota off of armslist. I met in fast food or store parking lots with no problems. just carry your ccw and evaluate the situation before you get out of your vehicle. if there is anything suspicious, drive away
>>
>>32120102
>just carry your ccw and evaluate the situation before you get out of your vehicle
I don't have my CCL yet. I have a CCW gun that I could bring with me to the sale, because "I'm going to the range right after...".
>>
I might get an AR-15 in a couple of weeks. If I do, should I /bumpfire/ or is it not worth the money to go past semi?
>>
>>32118604
Newton's third law
>>
>>32114787
No scope. Get a peep/ghost ring sight instead.
>>
I'm looking for a 9mm small enough to reasonably CC that operates like my PA-63. That means it has an external hammer, not a striker, and a decocker built into the safety. Any suggestions?
>>
>>32120820
I think beretta makes a small version of the 92 for cc. Thats hammer fired with a safety/decocker, cant tell you much more than that.

I think cz also makes a compact safety decocker
>>
>>32120829
Thanks. It'll do for a start. I just bought a hi power carbine in 9mm for a fun gun and thought having a handgun that runs on the same fuel might be a good idea.
>>
>>32120022
Meet in front of a police station.
>>
>>32120829
Its not a bad idea. Ive got 8 guns each in a different caliber, keeping a decent supply for all of them is a pain in the ass.

Just curious why do you want a hammerfired? Besides my revolverfag friends im the only guy i know that carries a hammerfired, ive got an irrational bias against strikers, no idea where it came from
>>
Good choices in optics for a p90?
>>
I am currently faced with a dilemma.
I've recently decided to buy my first rifle. I'm a fairly experienced shooter. After much consideration, my mind is set on a VZ 58.
Now I must choose to get either the Century Arms version or a Czechpoint. The Century's go for around $5/600 fairly consistently, the cheapest Czechpoint I'm considering is $1000+ brand new, Dtechnik's go for the same. I can afford either, but the Czechpoint is tight. I want this gun to be reliable and last me.
My heart says Czechpoint but my wallet says Century. What do?
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 736x351px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 736x351px
Can anyone identity this Rem 700 stock? I've seen that buttstock before but not the frame.
>>
>>32121705
XLR Carbon Chassis and Tactical Buttstock
>>
>>32117072
wrong thread, post in /meg/
>>
File: 1476131069418.jpg (29KB, 460x349px) Image search: [Google]
1476131069418.jpg
29KB, 460x349px
>>32114787
Just bought all the stalker games on sale, starting with SoC, are there any mods or tips anyone would recommend or is it a case of nyet game is fine?
>>
>>32114787

I wouldn't

Figure it's 100 yards at most on big game

Sure, you can plink out to 1000 yards at the range if you want, and if all you have it for is a range toy, then a scope might be worth it.
>>
Is Southern Ohio Gun okay to buy from? They look sketchy as fuck, but they seem to have some good deals on a few Zastava Tokarevs that I want.
>>
>>32121839
Dealt with them many times. Never had a problem.
>>
>>32121547
>My heart says Czechpoint but my wallet says Century. What do?

Go with Czechpoint. They are good people.
>>
File: 1453839336051.jpg (133KB, 671x672px) Image search: [Google]
1453839336051.jpg
133KB, 671x672px
>>32121792
Play them through in order first to actually experience the story and characters and setting their is a lot of in-game lore and cool shit if you look for it.

After you have played the games in order of release unmodified download Call Of Chernobyl which is the De facto GOAT mod nowadays. It just had a awesome new update that really put some polish on the game and improved it in many substantial ways.

Some retard anon might recommend MISERY mod only play it if you are hyper autistic and think that everything takes at least a magazine of ammo to kill and ammo might as well be solid gold
>>
>>32121547
Century rifles are always a dice roll. They can be great guns, but they can also be utter shit, and you never know until you realize you have a lemon.
If you can swing it, get the Czechpoint, they're great rifles. If you're a gamblin' man, get the Century and don't expect much from it. If you're a crazy fucktard like me, build your vz58 from an Apex parts kit.
https://www.apexgunparts.com/parts-kits/czech-vz58-v-folding-stock-parts-kit-w-original-barrel-7-62x39.html
Total build cost will be between $700 and $1000, but you know exactly what you've got...for better or worse.

(Seriously though, your first gun PROBABLY shouldn't be a parts kit build. That's a bit like building an old Challenger from junkyard scrap for you first gun. Is it cool? Definitely. Will it kill you if you fuck up? Eh...)
>>
>>32122443
First car, not gun. It's a Saturday, I'm still waking up.
>>
>>32114787
Why can civilians use hollow points but police/military can't?

Why do most bullets only have a copper jacket, rather than being made entirely from copper?

If a gun sight is 1 or so inch above the barrel, how do the bullets actually go where the sight is placed and not below it?

No guns btw. Just interested in firearms.
>>
>>32122466
Hollow points are seen as a bit too brutal for military use. They really fuck you up.

Lead is heavier than copper so it provides better ballistics, but it's softer, so a copper jacket makes it firmer.

I'm also pretty sure lead is cheaper but not too sure. Could be wrong on both counts.
>>
File: 1a9fh0f.jpg (85KB, 591x500px) Image search: [Google]
1a9fh0f.jpg
85KB, 591x500px
>>32122466
>Why can civilians use hollow points but police/military can't?
Police can. Someone decided that expanding/fragmenting bullets were inhumane for war and made it a war crime.

>Why do most bullets only have a copper jacket, rather than being made entirely from copper?
Lead is heavier, and mass is good. Plus solid copper bullets are expensive. Solid copper hollow points (SCHP) do exist, though IMO their worth is questionable.
Copper jackets simply improve feeding characteristics, because they don't easily deform like solid lead will. You can actually gouge a lead bullet pretty easily. Jacketed bullets also have the benefit of isolating the lead, so you don't get retarded.

>If a gun sight is 1 or so inch above the barrel, how do the bullets actually go where the sight is placed and not below it?
Bullets travel in a ballistic trajectory, not a straight line. When you sight in a rifle, you're aligning the sights with a certain point on that trajectory, so height over bore isn't a big factor - the line of sight simply intersects the path of the bullet (see pic related).

At close range, height over bore does actually matter, and you have to account for it depending on your setup. There's a lot more to how gun sights work, but I hope that at least answers your question.
>>
File: IMAG0334.png (1011KB, 1000x729px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0334.png
1011KB, 1000x729px
Is it normal for my snap caps to get dented like this?

On the left is an unused snap cap for comparison.

Gun is a USP9 and this is after about 200-300 dry fires.

Did i break muh snap cap?
>>
>>32114787
How do you buy privately long distance? I've found a guy who wants to sell me a pistol, but is requesting I pay him via certified check, and he'll send it to my FFL for transfer. Do I have any recourse if he cashes the check and fucks me over? I've never done a sale like this before and need avice to best cover my ass.
>>
>>32122500
>>32122466

Lead is like $0.10 - $0.20 per pound, whereas copper is $2+ per pound.
>>
>>32122892

If you consummated the sale through gun broker (and i'd imagine other gun auction websites) then you are protected from fraud in the amount of $500.

I think there's a deductible as well.

If you haven't gone through a site that offers protection, then you are going to have to have some trust unfortunately.

Talk to the guy on the phone just to know that he's real, or if you know someone in the area have them inspect the gun and pick it up for you (it'd be two transfer fees though).

If the guy posts on any online forums, you can always expose him there, which may or may not have an effect.

I think for the most part, as long as you're not falling for obvious scams, buying online is not as risky as some people think.

I've never heard of someone getting shafted in a private gun sale online. I dunno if people are less likely to do this because they know the other party is armed and knows where they live, or what it is.

If fraud was common, it would be difficult for gun auction sites to exist, that is for sure.
>>
>>32122827
Do you even understand how bullets work? No boom without "indentation"
>>
>>32122944
It's a listing from armslist.
>>
>>32122978
lol i know how bullets work, but im wondering if the indentation in the caps prevents the 'cushioning' effect of the snap caps.

like, what is the difference between a spent casing (which also dented and is almost free) and my 15 dollar snap cap (which is similarly dented).
>>
>>32123374

try to use paypal if youre worried about buyer protection.

otherwise just go for it, but only if youre comfortable with the seller.
>>
Is Force Recon still a thing or has it been replaced by MARSOC now?
>>
File: 1479814588592.jpg (17KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1479814588592.jpg
17KB, 500x371px
>>32114787

It's your gun, do what you want

If it was my gun, fuck no. If you need a scoped rifle, get one in a caliber built for range and use the slow heavy rounds for dense brushy areas. Lever action guns wih scopes look ugly as sin and scream dumb fudd to me. So many fucking fudds with scoped 30-30s and 45-70 shooting deer at 30 yards and overly confident with their rifle. I was watching one of them miss their target with a scoped 30-30 at 100 yards and shoot the wood target stand I made 3 yards to the left of his before he got tired of missing and left.
>>
>>32123776
What the fuck 'r ya doin' Bobbeh
>>
File: Enfield sights.jpg (105KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Enfield sights.jpg
105KB, 600x450px
>>32114787

Nah. You should get some volley sights, like the ones on a Lee-Enfield or whatever, but made for 45-70's. They're meant for lobbing rounds a distance. The 45-70 is a slow, heavy round, so it drops fast, which means the farther you want it to go the higher your muzzle needs to be. I don't think a scope will be able to get you very far since the field of view of your scope would limit how high you can point your muzzle.
>>
I just inherited an old pump shotgun from my dad.
I assembled it and checked the mechanism to be sure it works. It's a little gummy, but otherwise flawless condition wise.
It has a shell lift lever in the bottom, so unloading by using the shell clip to take them out one at a time is very obnoxious. I tried using the pump, but it will not let me cycle the gun if it has been cycled and is cocked without firing it first, or using the dis-connector. The other thing that strikes me as odd is I cannot safe it unless the gun is cocked.
Anyone else with a pump gun that has similar things, or is the one I got really weird?
>>
>>32123858
The best way to describe it is rainbow ballistics.

Also, I need a good 500 dollar scope a .308 hunting rifle. I have the rings for it already, but my last scope was an unfortunate victim.
>>
I finally have room for a home workshop and want to dip into reloading a bit. I want the easiest stuff to do. I assume reloading shotgun shells for shot is easier than reloading rifle or pistol rounds. Is this the case?
>>
>>32123995
There are fewer shotshell presses than rifle/pistol presses. Reloading full brass shells are easy even by hand, but reloading plastic hull shells isn't too hard, just a few more steps involved and parts to buy (powder, shot, wads vs powder and bullets).
You might get a good deal on a used one, but expect to drop 1kUSD+ on a new shotshell one.
>>
>>32123605
Paypal provides no protection for firearms related transactions. In fact, they'll disable your paypal account if they catch you doing it.
>>
>>32123936
>I tried using the pump, but it will not let me cycle the gun if it has been cycled and is cocked without firing it first, or using the dis-connector. The other thing that strikes me as odd is I cannot safe it unless the gun is cocked.
both of these are normal.
there should be a slide release somewhere on the gun that lets you rack it after cocking
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone know model gun this is/what stock it is?
>>
>>32124292
Thanks, I'd been using that and wasn't sure if that was normal. The videos I checked up didn't show my specific model, but nobody mentioned a release in them so I was unsure if mine just had some weird thing going on with it.
Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
I got a 1377c pellet gun. I want to get some optics for it, that can also be used when I get around to buying a better/more powerful airgun. Any recommendations?
>>
>>32124484
Remington 700. Probably a 700 VTR dropped into a Choate Custom tactical Stock.
>>
>>32124531
If it's not a spring piston, pretty much any sight should work on it. Hit up say Pyramid air and see what they have, you should be able to get a decent enough optic for the job for under $200 if you want to swap it around to better things. If you want super budget, a say Crosman target scope (4x magnification) is under $15
>>
>>32124484
maybe an archangel
>>
>>32124570
I've been eyeing some of the newer nitro piston guns, but as I understand you, pretty much all optics are fine for those?
>>
>>32124543
>>32124598
Thanks
>>
>>32124610
Doubtful, those are basically springers but using a gas piston instead of a steel spring. I'd only use springer rated things on them since I suspect the second recoil impulse will be there, steel or air spring.
>>
>>32124638
Hmm, right. Never saw it that way, but I guess you're right. Thanks!
>>
>>32124678
No problem. Have fun
>>
File: jKODh2e.jpg (154KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
jKODh2e.jpg
154KB, 640x480px
I've got an old mid 1800's gun that I'm trying to start on restoring. Big issue is, it has some sort of plug in the barrels where the powder and shot would go. Is there any easy way to identify what material it is and to remove it?
Pic related, borescope image of the L side.
>>
File: IMG_20161029_191236116.jpg (387KB, 984x554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161029_191236116.jpg
387KB, 984x554px
>>32119351
I like them.

On another note: Anyone know what this is? It seems to fit a 5.56 bullet but I'm not sure it's for an AR.
>>
>>32120935
Don't like the trigger on a striker fired gun, probably mainly because I'm used to the FEG and wheelguns.
>>
How comfy/non-comfy is .300 Win Mag?
Just put a Tikka T3 on layaway since it was on sale and I already have my chink M14 in .308. Also I want to get into long range shooting eventually so I thought why not.

I've heard it kicked pretty hard but I was wondering how hard it really was. I'm a 215lbs bigguy4u who never had the slightest problem shooting .308 and 8mm Mauser. The only time I recall feeling minimal discomfort from shooting was when I shot a whole case of 7.5 Swiss in an hour after a mostly sleepless night.
>>
File: mLiAm4CN7hYWdacpQ7TeRIw.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
mLiAm4CN7hYWdacpQ7TeRIw.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
How would one go about cleaning the drinking tube and filter insertion areas on an israeli gas mask? Say if a liquid had gotten into it
>>
Anyone know where I could find custom grips for the Bersa Firestorm? More specifically Nazi- related ones (from what I understand it is modeled after the Walther PPK).
>>
>>32125001
Check marchall grips

Be prepared for a long wait, but the options and quality of the grips are without equal.
>>
>>32122406
>>32122443
Well alright. I'll go with the Czechpoint. Thanks for the guidance.
>>
I just got a new .243 rifle, any ammo recommendations for general use?
I intend it on being more of a range rifle than a hunting rifle
>>
>>32125082
They make good stuff. See >>32117972. They make even my old PA-63 look good.
>>
File: PA-63 1.jpg (2MB, 3896x2336px) Image search: [Google]
PA-63 1.jpg
2MB, 3896x2336px
>>32125675
>even my old PA-63 look good
>implying PA-63s aren't A E S T H E T I C
>>
File: PA-63.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
PA-63.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>32126102
Thats an ugly picture, this ones better.
>>
>>32126102
They're pretty handguns, but those black plastic factory grips suck. I got the ambidextrous grips that cover the magazine, I see yours has the factory configuration. I got the ambis because I like to shoot left handed sometimes. I'm cross dominant, so I can shoot with either hand.
>>
File: PA-63 sil 2.jpg (952KB, 3930x1393px) Image search: [Google]
PA-63 sil 2.jpg
952KB, 3930x1393px
>>32126216
What do you mean factory configuration? They really only come in one configuration out of the factory, and that's with black plastic grips. Most of which have the thumb ledge on the left side. My grips are wood and from Marschalls, which are god tier.
>>
>>32114787
No.. that's retarded. Well idk. Maybe a little 3x or 4x. Nothing bigger.
>>
>>32126323
I meant the same shape as factory, with the left side thumb rest and not extended to cover the magazine. Got my grips the same place you did, love them. I like yours, too. If I didn't shoot lefty sometimes I'd have stuck with the same shape you did. Shooting it righty, those grips feel pretty good. Lefty, not so much. Yours seems to have an interesting snoot that mine lacks.
>>
>>32126410
As in, my grips are smooth on both sides. No thumb rest.
>>
File: vz70-w-wood-grips-31.jpg (80KB, 560x397px) Image search: [Google]
vz70-w-wood-grips-31.jpg
80KB, 560x397px
>>32125001
>>32125082
>>32125675
>>32126102
>>32126113
>>32126216
>>32126323

I just ordered a set like pic related for my vz 70.

Got them in wattle wood with red shellac.

I was really impressed with the number of options they had for such a little known gun. Exotic woods, different finishes, variety of cuts.

Literally no one else sells grips for these guns, and these guys offer dozens of combinations.

Can't wait for them to get here.
>>
>>32126430
They took almost 4 months to get mine to me, but that was a couple of years ago. Might be faster turn-around times now. It was a good call on your part.
>>
> Right-handed
> Left eye-dominant

Who /cursed/ here? Do you hold your weapons on your non-dominant (weak hand) side? Just long guns or handguns as well?
>>
>>32126476
I shoot right handed, but I'm left eye dominant with hand guns and right eye dominant with rifles.

I'd use my left eye for rifles if I could, but being right handed prevents it.

It doesn't bother me tho. Still easy to shoot.
>>
>>32126410
>Interesting snoot

Heh
>>
>>32126514

> I'm left eye dominant with hand guns and right eye dominant with rifles.

Not too sure what you mean here since AFAIK eye dominance is absolute (unless you're somehow mutually eye-dominant, like ambidextrousness but with eyes?). Do you mean that you just use your weaker right eye for rifles and find it not to be a problem?

I've done all the usual test and I'm definitely left eye dominant, not to mention my vision in my right eye is slightly blurry. It's not really an issue with handguns since I shoot isosceles, but I'm told that using my weak eye for rifles will negatively impact my accuracy. I was also once told that using a basic red-dot optic would neutralize that negative impact and allow me to fire long guns on the right side, but I haven't read anything suggesting that that's true and it doesn't sound like it makes any sense. Why would an optic have that effect compared to irons?
>>
>>32126476
Me (>>32126410)
I've learned to shoot rifles, shotguns, and handguns with either hand pretty well as a result, although I do close the left eye when shooting a rifle right handed and am a little better with a shotgun shooting lefty.
>>
>>32126597
>using my weak eye for rifles will negatively impact my accuracy
Nah, just requires more training. It's a bigger deal when shooting a shotgun or using a bow without sights. When shooting righty, I keep the left eye open until I'm ready to shoot, then do a long blink. Works for me, YMMV.
>>
Does anyone have the Maryland state constitution meme?
>>
>>32124484
Remington 700, likely an XCR with a thread protector instead of the stock muzzle device.

McMillan A5 stock with a front night vision rail.

The scope looks to be an older model Leupold Mark 4, 3x9 of some sort.

If you wanted to actually be "high end" as the game claims, you'd want to have the action trued, a custom barrel, and get better glass, at a minimum.
>>
Is it some sort of deviance/anomaly to enjoy recoil
I'm gonna get my 300 WM soon and my benis is getting all ticklish
>>
Been thinking of either getting a surplus Hi Power or waiting for a decently priced CZ75 PCR to come around. Which should I get?
>>
>>32126746
Thanks man. As for the "high end" thing, it just means it has better stats than an identical weapon that is not "high end". This game is not realistic in any way, except for some of the visuals.
>>
Anyone know stuff about mega? Looking to build my first AR and want to use their parts, but I know fuck all about the ar world. 5.56 no meme caliber, cost isn't really an issue, but I'm assuming it will ve somewhere around a grand for a nice build.
>>
>>32120759
I mean I know the recoil would be a little worse, but everyone did just fine in WW2 using fucking .30-06 and firing fairly rapidly... do you really think it would be that bad?

And is the drawback of recoil really worse than the drawback of mediocre stopping power (.223) or ridiculous bullet drop at any real range (AK)?
>>
Can anyone explain the .22 shortage any better? It doesn't make any fucking sense.

First of all, why don't manufacturers step up production? Build a new fucking factory if they have to? There's clearly enough demand to justify it.

Secondly, why are prices staying so low when it's so scarce? Capitalist business sense says ammo retailers should raise prices until just enough people are willing to buy it that it sells at about the same rate it comes in. They could double the price and not have to fear for losing sales.
>>
>>32117072
Likely if you bust your as off in airborne school and do the best you can. After that, you should apply for one of those prestigious airborne companies or whatever their called(101st,82nd i think) and apply for a TS clearance and boom, that's a good start to get in one.
>>
>>32127886
Because a factory, the people to run it, power, materials, etc is really really fucking expensive. Basically, if the demand seemed like it would keep up for the next 5-10 years they might, as it is with demand even fading as it is, the ROI just isn't there.
>>
opinions on bolt-action .22s?
>>
>>32128050
Savage Mark II
There's my opinion
>>
What's a good entry level weapon for a beginner collector/gun owner? Love older/historical weapons from the first two U.S. big wars but just don't know where to start. Prefer a weapon that's not just for collective purposes though and can be fired on occasion
>>
>>32128082
lyman, pedersoli, or rifle shoppe kit, or some kit from Dixie gun works. Low price, historical value only as a replica, pretty fun thing to make, and usable.
>>
>>32128082
Well, you haven't pointed out what practical use you want the weapon to have. HD? Hunting? SHTF?

Assuming you don't have any practical purpose in mind for it, any of the main infantry bolt action rifles from early WW2 are fine entry level guns--especially the Nugget. They're historical, not terribly expensive (except the rare models, don't bother with those), reliable, and a good introduction to shooting a rifle. Watch out for weird ammo types, though. You might find a great deal on an Arisaka or something only to find out that you can't get ammo fucking anywhere.
>>
File: savage.png (79KB, 1007x418px) Image search: [Google]
savage.png
79KB, 1007x418px
>>32128071
I meant would it be autistic to get a bolt-action over a semi-auto when it comes to .22.
I was planning on buying a marlin model 60, but after you mentioned that savage mark II, I found this on sale at big 5 down the street. Should I just do it?
>>
>>32128027
That makes sense I guess. I assume ammo manufacturers are already doing everything short of opening a new factory they can to increase production.

The more confusing question to me is why retailers keep prices so low, when the supply is so low and the demand is so high. If people would buy it at a higher price, why do they sell it at a lower one? You're supposed to sell things at the highest price people are willing to pay--that's how business usually works, and it's strange that they're not doing that with .22
>>
>>32128082
Mosin Nagant, SMLE, Arisaka, K98 are all great starting rifles from that era.
Garand and SVT if you have the money.
>>
>>32128306
Now that one I couldn't answer. Some places are definitely gouging compared to prior prices, but a lot of retailers do have it-even the cheaper ones have it at a fair bit more than it used to be though.
Not as big of a gouge as some were doing when the shortage was at the worst.
>>
>>32128287
Depends on you man.
Most people prefer semi-auto guns in general but I'm all about bolt-action.

I'm giving my Mark II to my dad this christmas but it's really not because I don't like it, I just don't feel like shooting .22 anymore mostly because I don't have a plinking spot.
>>
File: lbt-1476a_od-2[1].jpg (204KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lbt-1476a_od-2[1].jpg
204KB, 1080x1080px
LBT is having their annual black friday sale.

Anything worth picking up?

For example, are their 3-day assault packs any good?
>>
>>32114787

Bought an Enfield No4 Mk1. Should I stock up primarily on Soft Point or FMJ ammunition?
>>
File: eixKy.png (119KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
eixKy.png
119KB, 268x265px
I'm planning on reloading a few rounds of .45-70
I have everything planned out

405g lead flat point slug
45grams of powder
Starline brass

Then something occurred to me

I dont know the first thing about the powder itself

Can anyone recommend me a powder brand?
I hear 45-70 405 is a forgiving round, but i really dont want to fuck it up
>>
>>32128380
Whatever's cheaper so you can get practice shooting it.
>>
>>32128339
shit nigga I'm just going to go get it in the morning then. Hopefully they still have it
>>
>>32128257
>>32128325
Nagant was the main weapon I was looking at. The luger pistol prices were too high for a starting collection but that's one I eventually want to have. Appreciate the help
>>
Does anyone know when shotguns had standardized the size of the shells? I plan on buying a 1931 12 gauge shotgun and I hear that in the 20s they had different sizes for each shotgun where some were 2 inch shells and others were 2 1/2 inches. When did they agree that 2 3/4 inches would be the standard for 12 gauge? Any information on this would be much appreciated.
>>
>>32128747
Ask when the seller last fired the weapon. If he says something like "never", then its pretty safe to assume shells that work are no longer available.
>>
>>32127890

Never-served detected.
>>
>>32128771
It's an estate sale gun. The people who run the estate didn't know the owner before he passed so there is very little info on the weapon.
>>
Anyone have that pic of a Beretta M9 (2FS?) with a Fleshlight and the end of the muzzle?
>>
Why is it so hard to find mounts for an MRDS for my speshul snofleek guns.
>>
>>32114787
What is the most versatile gun on the market today?
>>
>>32131317
AR15 by far
>>
Are guard dogs functional without being trained?
>>
Kind of /k/ related:

I had spontaneous pneumothorax a few times and I'm not really advised to travel by airplane without doc's approval.
As far as I know smaller/slower planes are ok. Like agricultural sprayers or whatever they called.

Now the question is could I be a heli pilot? Do they fly as high/fast as big airliners?
>>
Maybe an idiotic question but what's the point of the BRDM series why not just use BTR's and BMP's it
>>
Hey anons, Cali fag here looking to be a man and buy a handgun for home (apartment) defense. I've done a good amount of research, but I think that a lot of the "TOP BEST GUNS FOR HOME DEFENSE" articles/videos aren't exactly relevant because they don't take into account the 10 round mag maximum in this state. For instance, it seems that people like 9mm for home defense, but I'm left wondering whether that answer sort of depends on having more rounds at your disposal that you can just dump.

So, given the fact that I can't have more than 10 rounds, AND the fact that I will never be allowed to concealed carry, is there anything I should be looking at? I imagine that these restrictions should lead me toward bigger guns and bigger calibers so as to make every shot count. Am I on the right track?
>>
>>32131541
You forgot one more factor: whether or not you can actually get the gun.

There's a CA approved whitelist, and anything not on it isn't allowed to be sold unless it was grandfathered in or brought in through a loophole that recently closed.
>>
>>32131482
Yes, but they'll attack you too.
>>
What are the pros and cons and functional differences between a safety and decocker?
>>
Is it a good idea to get a student visa for america so I can do gunsmithing? (and leave my nanny state country)
>>
Are any of these Universal Mounts for pistols any good?

I want to get a speshul snowflake gun and finding guns that actually have mounts for MRDS systems is difficult.
>>
>>32128591
Yeah, you really can't go wrong there. There are many rifles better than the Mosin, but basically none as good for that low a price. You can abuse it pretty badly and it will still go bang.

Also, ammo will probably get cheaper next year when Trump lifts the import ban
>>
Would it be possible to create a Sten pattern carbine chambered in 10mm or .40 s&w?
>>
>>32132725
Yes, but unless you're intending to make a cheap SMG, there isn't much point. An ATF-kosher (so closed bolt) Sten build is at least as complex as any other PCC, and considerably worse than most other options.
>>
Couldn't find a /meg/. For USMC how is the 0203 or 0204 mos? Right now I have a guaranteed 7599 mos. Going to OCS combined this summer. Finishing up my senior year of college after that.
>>
Is a Glock 17 a good competition pistol?
>>
>>32132936
>shit trigger
>shit ergos
>nonadjustable sights
>>
File: Space_Marine_0.jpg (79KB, 900x597px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Marine_0.jpg
79KB, 900x597px
In Cook County IL, do you need just the FOID to buy ammo, or do you need to have a state ID/drivers license WITH you as well? Also, is there an age limit? Can't find any straight answers online.
>>
>>32117513
Used? Probably around $100
>>
>>32123377
Sometimes spent casings won't feed properly and can jam. Snap caps won't.
>>
>>32114787
Gonna buy a p320, which is better to carry the compact or carry model?
Also is 357 sig a meme round?
>>
>>32131697
Ummmm, you need an FFL to be an actual gunsmith.

Don't think you can get one on a visa.

How about you fix your country instead of infiltrating ours?
>>
>>32132972
>Aftermarket triggers
>Aftermarket sights
>"Muh ergos"
>>
>>32117513
Location? I'll give you 150$ for it.
>>
>>32128384
>asking for reloading data on 4chan

dude, you're gonna die.
>>
>>32117207
All their "California compliant" shit stays in California.
>>
File: 1480109681907.jpg (47KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1480109681907.jpg
47KB, 720x1280px
Did I make a good choice
>>
>>32132972
http://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-mp-9-core-threaded-barrel

Is this gud gun?
>>
>>32133090
actually Ive had 223 snap caps not feed for shit in my bolt action. But I dont think its a problem in general.
>>
>>32133292
Depends if you have an affinity for gummy bears....
>>
>>32133292

Do you like squishy things?

Like triggers and frames?
>>
>>32133292
Yes. Whenever I get the money for something to put a can on, it'll most likely be the FNX-45 tactical unless CZ decides to come out with a .45 offering for the suppressor-ready P-09.

FN handguns are great for the price.

Squishygun is a meme.
>>
>>32133258
This post is one of the best advice-posts I've yet seen to surface on /k/
>>
Are CZ handguns good? I can't really carry it so weight/size doesn't matter
>>
File: 20161001_111305~01.jpg (762KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_111305~01.jpg
762KB, 1920x1080px
>>32133877
I love my 85 combat.
>>
>>32133877
Yes. I'd go deal searching though if you can, which in itself is incredibly difficult since not that many people stock CZs. I'm a bit of a fanboy, but even I admit that they're often priced just a tiny bit higher than what I think they should be.

My P-01 feels like sex in my hand though, and it's a sweet, accurate shooter.
>>
>>32128384

>45grams of powder
>I dont know the first thing about the powder itself

If you have unknown powder, throw it away.

As for a powder recommendation, use 15 grains of Hodgden's Trail Boss. It's a light pressure load that won't fuck up an old antique trap door.
>>
>>32131566
>(You
oh my god fuck this state
>>
My father intends to buy me a firearm for Christmas. I have never owned a firearm before (though I've done a fair bit of shooting [M16/M4]).

It will be used mainly for hunting. There is a range nearby that lets you rent guns to fire, what calibre rifles should I be looking at? Any specific manufacturers/models /k/ suggests (keeping the price down since it's a first weapon/gift)?
Checked the sticky and all it had to say about "poorfag hunting rifle" was "moist nugget".
>>
File: 1362067163668.jpg (320KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1362067163668.jpg
320KB, 1024x1024px
So I've got a Yugo M24/47, and it seems to have some odd issue with it. Its performance is perfect, but the parts are all stiff as fuck when trying to disassemble it or reassemble it. For example, I need to use a cloth covered screwdriver and a mallet to "chisel" open the floorplate or to remove the upper band. Upon further inspection, the interior appears to be caked in cosmoline. Would cleaning the parts (via a heatgun to melt it and then wipe it off) remove this stiffness?

The other issue is that the upper band doesn't quite fit. It comes VERY close to fitting (and it's rather snug), but the little button doesn't click into the hole on it properly.
>>
File: FS_AAC_MG_2442-01.jpg (427KB, 639x900px) Image search: [Google]
FS_AAC_MG_2442-01.jpg
427KB, 639x900px
>>32114787
Not really a /k/ommando, but I'm kinda into prepping, and I was looking into getting a plate carrier. I got an offer from a friend to buy his used Firstspear AAC(Medium size), but I had to get the plates myself. What do I look for? I found some cheap level 3+, but should I wait and see if I find level 4's? Also I see many plates in different shapes and sizes, but what would I need for the carrier I'm planning on buying? Is it called something specific like sapi cut plates? Also I see a lot of people talking about 10x12 which I'm guessing are the dimensions?

Again sorry for sounding like a complete retard, I'm kinda new to this.
>>
>>32119106
Looks like an AR15 to me.
16" barrel, magpul ctr stock, magpul pmag, magpul RVG, magpul mbus. But that's just an assumption.
>>
>>32114787
something Ive always wondered, does gun powder explode when not in a gun barrel? I had a guy tell me it just burns if its not under pressure. So if you stored a canister of gun powder in your home will it blow up your home if it catches fire?
>>
>>32134828

I would imagine a metal canister would blow harder than a plastic canister, since the plastic might melt and therefore "vent" gasses and prevent an explosion.

I couldn't find any videos of powder containers being set on fire on youtube though.

I'm not sure either of them would, by themselves, be like a small bomb. Could just intensify the fire greatly.
>>
Can anyone ID this pullover / fleece? It looks cozy as fuck
>>
got a mossberg 500 with the tackticool folding stock but i wanna put some wood furniture up on that bitch. anyone know of a place to buy some on the cheap even if it needs to be finished
>>
Anyone doing that se/k/ret santa shit? It's already the 27th and I'm afraid I missed the email. there's no threads up about it I think. Who's the sender in the email?
>>
I got an ACOG I don't need.

Best place to sell it and get the best price?
>>
>>32135045

Yeah I'm doing it. It's creepfinder, the guy who runs the nuggetfest meets, that is organizing it. I think you're too late to get in on it but it's legit and IT'S HAPPENING!
>>
>>32135374
Armslist in your local area. Not even kidding, these retards overpay for everything. I just traded a 5 year old piece of crap Taurus pistol for and antique Remington model 1100 in amazing shape.
>>
>>32118366
What hand tools?
>>
>>32119106
Ar chambered in .308 with an 18" barrel, a quad rail, and a flattop upper

The stock is familiar but I dont know the brand.
>>
>>32120737
You can bumpfire an AR with the stock trigger

That being said most AR triggers have a pretty light pull weight so they're easy to fire quickly.
>>
>>32119781

http://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/houshou_x_nagato
>>
>>32134828
It is a "low explosive", meaning it needs to be confined to build up enough pressure to explode. This is in constraint to high explosives which explode confined or not.

You know for example that time fuze uses gun powder. You take a lighter to time fuze and it starts burning down the length.

A canister of powder in a home would catch on fire. You may get an explosion from powder in the center being confined by other powder if the bucket is big enough.
>>
>>32134682
5.56mm you already know. It's good for smaller game. It can down deer, but some states have caliber size limits disallowing it.

If you're dedicated to hunting, I'd go .308. Savage or Tikka are good brands for bolt actions that don't break the bank. I've got a Savage Hog Hunter that came with a 3-9x scope and ammo for under $300. With match ammo it shoots sub-MOA.
>>
will i ever get a gf?
>>
>>32135918
oh shit this isnt r9k
>>
>>32135842
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not a dedicated hunter or anything, I just take a deer each year during the holidays to help out my mother and sister. But it's fun, so I could see myself getting more into it when I have the freedom to do so.
I'll keep those brands in mind when I go to the range, as well as .308 and 5.56 rifles (is .30-06 also one I should look at?)
I don't intend to stop here with this first rifle or anything. I'm just putting off getting into guns for now because I live in a barracks and don't want to deal with my arms room guy.
>>
When and how exactly did Tossing the word 'siege' around get so popular? In the Old days they just called them shoot-outs or crazed gunmen or hostage situations
>>
File: 1460848637472.gif (120KB, 365x507px) Image search: [Google]
1460848637472.gif
120KB, 365x507px
Assuming the best case scenario happens with the upcoming administration and import restrictions with Russia are completely lifted, what are the odds that the MP-412 REX production machinery gets dusted off and they become available en masse?
>>
>>32114787
Can someone help me identify what this white thing is on this WASR?
>>
What ranks fill a US Army fire team? I know they're generally lead by corporals, but is the remainder filled with privates, PFCs, or specialists? Is it there a mix?
>>
>>32136274
The white knob is a charging handle grip enhancer. The safety has a hole cut in it to grab the charging handle like a last-round hold open.
>>
Whats the best way to cock an 92/M9 when its hot, the exposed barrel gives you very little room to grip
>>
How do I tell if a scope is good or not?

I found an old rifle scope that I think was on an airsoft gun I owned when I was younger, and I would like to put it on my cheap little .22 but I don't really know much about scopes
>>
>>32128548
>>32128287
I got it
What am I in for?
>>
>>32136362
Wut?
>>
I inherited a 1911 from my dad that has a full length guide rail on it. The problem is it doesn't just simply push back to allow you to unscrew the bushing like in a normal 1911. There was a special tool I had to use to unscrew it but I can't find it anymore more and I can't remember what it was called to buy a new one either. Does anyone know what tool I'm looking for?
>>
>>32136560
Doing some more research it's a two piece full length guide rod that needs an Allen wrench to disassemble. Of course I can't find mine.
>>
Now that the moistened nugget is >100$, what is the new cheap, tough rifle of choice for people late to the nugget party. I have money to spend, but I'm a Jew, and want something cheap.
>>
>>32136488
Its hard to grab the slide to cycle it when the gun is hot due to the exposed barrel
>>
I'm trying to sell a Russian SKS, and there aren't gonna be any gun shows within a reasonable driving distance until January. Anyone have any experiences with using websites like Gunbroker?

Also, how would one package and ship a rifle legally?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>32114787
What gun is this?

I was gifted this gun recently. Haven't shot it.
>>
File: image.png (739KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
739KB, 750x1334px
>>32137227
One more pic
>>
>>32137218
You cant be shipped a rifle unless you have an FFL
>>
anybody know anything about this company?
thundertactical.com

thinking about buying a whole kit from them excluding the lower. But the prices seem almost too good. what yall think?
>>
I just got my first optic for my AR, and I found that I had to move the optic as far back as it could go, and had to crane my neck forward to use it with the factory stock extended. Is this normal? Am I supposed to retract the stock when using an optic?
>>
Retard question here, why are revolvers more expensive than semi-autos despite having simpler mechanisms?
>>
Whats the cheapest 9mm I can buy?
>>
>>32138014
Tula garbage

That said I love my guns too much to shoot low quality steel like Tula
>>
>>32137227
>>32137255
The notation for the cartridge (38 S&W CTGE R) would suggest that it's a pre-1900 Smith and Wesson. Can you find a serial number?

Is it five or six shot?
Can you give me the barrel length from the front of the cylinder to the tip?
>>
>>32137989
I've been wondering the same thing. Best I can come up with is the economy of scale--semi autos can be produced in such larger quantities. Another reason is that the tolerances must be tighter for a revolver to work well--yes, semi autos have more parts, but the qc can be much worse. However, that doesn't really satisfy me. I still don't understand why no one makes a sub $100 revolver made to be mass producible and cheap, to sell to the ultra poorfags who just want any handgun.

Maybe most of that demographic is young and just hates revolvers.
>>
>>32138083
>>32137227
I want to tentatively say that it's a model 11.
>>
>>32138156
>semi autos have more parts
Not they don't. Take a look at an exploded diagram of something like a S&W 686 and Glock 17
>>32137989
Revolvers technically are more complicated
>>
>>32137218
Post pics of SKS. If you live close to me, I might buy it.
>>
File: 20161127_210812.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px)
20161127_210812.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>32114787
I just got an M1 Carbine with what appears to be a custom sight on the ass end of it. Problem is that it appears to be missing any sort of identification and an actual rear sight post. Can anyone help ID it, or tell me where I could go to get a new sight?

$599 though, I'm not complaining terribly hard.
>>
>>32134682
5.56 if you know it already. I think another anon recommended .308, and that'd be my recommendation as well. Good round, cheap, most rifles that shoot it are dependable as fuck.

>>32134721
Cosmoline removal is as simple as pre-heating your oven to around 150 degrees and simply placing the firearm in there. I know how shady that sounds, but I swear to you that it won't catch on fire. Just make sure you don't go over 200 degrees and it wont even affect the steel. What that does is it melts the cosmoline and lets it run out of the firearm like any other liquid would. Don't forget to put down some pan beneath your parts to catch it, because that shit can make a mess.

>>32134764
Wait to get level 4s. This website:
http://www.bulletproofme.com/index.shtml
Should give you the general information you need to get into what you're looking for. Most plate carriers generally land in the size of most plates - it works out better for the both of them to have parts that work together. 10x12 refers to the size of the plate, yes. Just take it slow and don't cheap out on yourself.

>>32135374
Armslist or Gunbroker.

>>32135918
None of us will.

>>32135949
The 90s.

>>32136228
Absolutely zero.
>>
>>32138213
I live in SE Michigan, in the Metro Detroit area.

Sorry for the photo quality. My phone broke so I'm back to using my old phone with a shit camera.
>>
>>32138521
Not the anon asking for pic, but that's a bretty nice looking rifle my man.
>>
>>32131485
>>32131485
You might not be able to get an FAA flight medical with that condition and you might only be able to get a class 3 medical.

To do commercial work (get paid for flying in any form) you need a class 2 medical to get a commercial pilots license and to be hired by an employer. Some employers also require class 1 which is even more strict.

My advice is to go to the FAA's website. They have a database of AME's (Aviation Medical Examiners) who are the people that issue FAA medicals and will be able to answer any questions you might have.
>>
Are fighter jets in greater danger of manpads when they fly over higher altitudes?

Like if India and Pakistan get into a war, they're going to do a majority of their fighting around the Himalayas. The jets will be operating closer to their ceilings, and the weapons they face will have increased range due to the decrease in air resistance.
>>
>>32114787
I want a single-shot bolt action .22 LR for fun. What should I get?
>>
>>32124908
5711 here, dawn dish soap and water, make sure you remove the filter(s)
>>
>>32133228
My country is unfixable.
And I mean doing it at a school/college or whatever.
>>
File: IMG_1154.jpg (2MB, 2800x2100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1154.jpg
2MB, 2800x2100px
I just bought a Vortex 1-4 for my AR, which has a front sight post

what do I use to properly mount the optic to cowitness? (bonus: where can I get the cheapest mount?)
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>32138083
>>32138180

Sorry for the late response. Kinda didn't think anyone would reply
>>
>>32139059
>>32138180
>>32138083

6 shot, 3" barrel
>>
>>32138924
Why care about cotwitnessing a magnified optic?

How do you plan on accessing the rear sight?
>>
Yes, if only for the light-gathering capability. Get a 3x or 2x7.
>>
File: IMG_0088.jpg (70KB, 321x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0088.jpg
70KB, 321x400px
>>32136850
>Anything can replace the nugget
>>
>>32139059
Does the cylinder swing out or is it a top break?
>>
>>32139381
It only swings. Does not swing out or top break.

Has a hole on the right to put a bullet one at a time.

Sorry for late response. Might check back in in the morning.
>>
>>32139796
>It only swings
I meant it only rotates*.
>>
I fucking hate the way Glocks look but I'm starting to think that Glock may be the handgun that meets all my requirements.

What can I do to make myself like the Glock?
>>
>>32118604
They did for a long time, then bullet and powder tech increased and called for smaller shorter ranged arms for intermediate distances accompanied by larger rifles and artillery
>>
File: 1480302665366.jpg (260KB, 2555x1373px) Image search: [Google]
1480302665366.jpg
260KB, 2555x1373px
What gun is this?
>>
File: 1480302724762.png (243KB, 504x487px) Image search: [Google]
1480302724762.png
243KB, 504x487px
>>32140096
>>
>>32140096
>>32140104
Beretta NEOS
>>
>>32138521
Chicago here. Wouldn't mind driving over and picking it up desu. How much you want for it?
>>
>>32140123
>>32138521
Pls respond, I am actually somewhat serious about buying it
>>
File: 1471465822748.jpg (293KB, 1016x568px) Image search: [Google]
1471465822748.jpg
293KB, 1016x568px
>>32138924
>>32139085

sorry, i didn't mean to cowitness necessarily. i meant to properly position the optic to see over the sight post. do i need some kind of riser?
>>
>>32139869
Put a rear beavertail grip on it so it doesn't eat your hand.
>>
>>32138521
Hey, I'm just downriver! Mind posting a few more pics? What were you planning on getting out of it?
>>
How do grains for ammo work? For example an AR round has between 55-77 grain ammo yet a 9mm has 115-124 grain ammo, I can't imagine the pistol ammo needs more powder, whats happening here?
>>
>>32114787
Longer barrel length means better accuracy at longer ranges. Does adding a suppressor to an SBR make it perform as a normal barreled rifle?
>>
>>32141078
Nope, the rifling is still SBR length resulting in no positive change to accuracy, it can slightly negatively effect your accuracy in the sense it makes your gun front heavy.
>>
I have a bubba swedish mauser with scope, hacked bolt handle and a threaded barrel. It looks kinda sad so i was thinking of doing some work on it. Custom stock, new bolt handle and a brake. Thoughts?
>>
>>32140904
Bullet weight
>>
Does anyone know if the g code holsters allow glocks of the same frame to fit?

I mean is the bottom open like crossbreed holsters or is it molded around the muzzle?

I ordered it for my glock 19 because I was just so used to it but now I'm finding i prefer the 17
>>
File: IMG_20161125_164522403.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161125_164522403.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
should I accept $200 cash + two morgan silver dollars "bu" for my M48?
>>
>>32140208
>>32140618

I'm not too sure, Chicago anon. I don't want the ATF to shoot my dog. If it was done through an FFL transfer, sure, but I'm not gonna break the law.

As for the price range, I was hoping to get about $500, but I'm willing to negotiate. I'm trying to scrap some cash together for an AR build.

Also, I'll be selling it with about 120 rounds of ammo, and some stripper clips. And 1 Tapco magazine.
>>
>>32141274
Also shoot me an email and I'll take more photos when I get off work.
>>
>>32141287
Sent an email
>>
>>32118365
No, and lurk more faggot no guns
>>
>>32132936
with all the aftermarket for glock brand glock guns, you can get a glock 17 to do anything if you have the time and money for parts
>>
>>32133877
reasonably so, accurate and comfy. just git gud at cleaning/maintenance and you'll be fine
>>
>>32141239
Explain?
>>
Thoughts on the Canik TP9? Never heard of these roach guns before, but I saw them today for pretty cheap and I'm wondering if they're too good to be true.
>>
>>32141596
They have weirdly stellar reviews, really realizable, more capacity than a G17 and everyone like them, they're basically a really cheap CZ75 in a lot of ways.
>>
What are the "best" rifles in .308?

bolt and semi
>>
UGHHHHH OOOO FUCK
YES BABY
YAAAHHH
>>
>>32119811
Fuck no. Ruger sp101 is god tier.

>revolver goes bang

>1911 goes click
>>
>>32141755
Kinda a wide range for bolt guns, budget is important for those, for semi autos it would be PTRs, M1As, well built FALs, high end 7.62 ARs and probably at the top the SCAR
>>
>>32141914
I'd like to get a bolt and semi in it, bolt for "muh tacticool long range sniping" and semi for innawoods.

I thought PTR91 was the way to go for a while, but so many people prefer the FAL, not sure why.

But the bolt I'd be willing to drop a good chunk on. I'd like to get an M40 or something but I'd think they'd be outdated by now.
>>
>>32141945
Honestly I'd say just get a nice semi, a high end FAL is probably gonna be near as accurate as a bolt with the right stuff in it. Save the bolt gun money and get a nice ass FAL or even a SCAR
>>
>>32141959
Are SCARs really that god tier?

Didn't even consider them because they seem expensive for what they are.
>>
>>32141975
They're like an ultra high end AR, honestly if you like ARs in 7.62 and wanna save money just buy a 7.62 AR like the ones PSA makes, stick a good barrel and trigger in it and you're fine
>>
>>32141995
Heard some bad things about ARs in .308, are they not trash and that's a meme?

I have a couple AR receivers, if they're not gonna be trash I would't mind making one in .308

However you've made me consider SCAR since it's essentially just as accurate as a bolt gun and cost as much as a bolt/semi put together.
>>
>>32142016
You need dedicated uppers and lowers for .308, not any old AR receiver will work
>>
>>32142109
Well fuck me, sounds like I need to do some research. Thanks for the info, anon.
>>
>>32138385
Thanks for the reply about the plates. Will wait until I find proper level 4's. Kinda having difficulty finding a site for Europe, I'm also a bit unsecure about the laws of importing it.
But thanks again for the help
>>
what gas system length/barrel length will allow me to mount a bayonet properly on a AR15?
I'm getting a 16" with carbine length and I don't think it will be the right size for a bayonet
>>
For a pistol...
9mm, .45 cal, or .40 cal?

Used for sporting and/or personal defense.

Factors to contest:
>price/availability of ammunition
>price/availability of weapons to accept said ammunition
>Sporting enjoyment/efficacy
>Personal defense lethality/efficacy
>>
File: 1477209773131.jpg (141KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1477209773131.jpg
141KB, 500x333px
WHAT IS THE EXACT PROCESS FOR AN FFL TRANSFER???

I understand this part:

1) Arrange transfer with FFL holder
2) Order gun
3) Go pick up gun and pay fee

I get that.

At what point do I fill out this form though? https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-divisions/administrative/Documents/Permit-to-Purchase-Transfer-Application.pdf

Who do I turn it into?

Do I bring it with me to pick the gun up?

Do I fill it out there?

If my FFL is in a different city, which police department is it turned in to???
>>
>>32114787
What companies make side-by-side coach guns? So far I've only seen Stoegers locally. I already own a couple pump actions, want something fun.
>>
>>32142777
Not sure of the specifics in MN since I'm from jersey, but the permit you usually bring to the police department.

Once you get a purchase permit, you bring that to the FFL and they take care of all the paperwork since you pay them for that.
>>
>>32118665
That's disgusting.
>>
>>32142804
Full auto AA-12's are fun
>>
>>32131452
How do you figure? I'm new to the world of guns so you might have to talk at me like I'm 4. The reason I ask is I have a rossi combination that comes with extra barrels and I'm in love with the idea of multi caliber/versatile function. I've got a blackhawk revolver on the way that has interchangeable cylinders; super excited.
>>
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'll ask anyways; are those DPMS Oracle ARs any good?My LGS is selling one for about 470 dollars.
>>
How often should a revolver be really taken apart and cleaned? Beyonder just cylinder and barrel... or is that all that's necessary on revolvers?
>>
>>32114787
I need a safe or cabinet of some sort to hold my funs. Kind of a poorfag, but I'd like something that could hold at least like 5 long guns and has shelves for ammo, preferably $200 or less.
>>
>>32143045
They're okay. Workable for the money. The best low end prebuilt AR you can get is definitely the S&W M&P Sport, or putting your own together.
>>
Nugget v. SKS
Who wins?
>>
>>32144391

Just get a stack-on that holds 8 for $150.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1662x2491px)
image.jpg
1MB, 1662x2491px
I am writing a research paper on exoskeletons, any suggestions on how to start the opening page?

I'm still tired from the weekend, so go easy on me.
>>
>>32143003
Look at the sheer amount of parts and aftermarket accessories available. You can even choose calibers other than .223 if you want.
>>
>>32144726
Yeah, go to /an/ instead.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 660x840px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 660x840px
>>32144753
The military electromechanical exoskeletons kind you fucking gook.
>>
>>32144795
oh okay /m/ then
>>
File: IMG_20161128_133332423.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161128_133332423.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
Can anyone ID this sling?
>>
>>32144726

"Japan will rule the world."
>>
>>32139869
have one duracoated so it looks better. personally i love how futuristic they look and ive always thought that even though they have been around since the 80's or something. check out a gen 4 glock 34 i think theyre pretty sharp.
>>
>>32144870
Worthless old junk accessory for a worthless old junk rifle
>>
>>32127797
recoil from a 30-06 is a fucking lot. shoot 60 rounds in an hour and tell me your arm doesn't hurt.
>>
>>32135540
>Ar chambered in .308
maybe 300aac but nothing longer with that mag. why would you guess 308?
>>
File: 1479326000396.jpg (1MB, 1914x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479326000396.jpg
1MB, 1914x900px
I would like to learn how to use throwing knives, but I am not sure if it's even worth it or how to start. anyone have a basic idea or point me the right way?
>>
>>32122524
>Someone decided that expanding/fragmenting bullets were inhumane for war and made it a war crime.
no, your thinking of the "Hague Convention of 1899" which banned soft bullets and dum dums which are like hollow points but the USA did not sign that treaty and no one abided by it anyway. everyone used gas and soft bullets in WW1.
>>
>>32145723
1. Buy throwing knives
2. Chuck them at a piece of wood
3. Repeat 2
>>
Recommended reading for someone who spends way too much time shooting and not hitting anything? Searching 'basic rifle marksmanship' gets about 105 hits on Amazon, would like to try and avoid the chaff.
>>
>>32145864
Stop fucking reading
Make sure your gun is dialed in, if you can't figure that out then ask someone at the nearest range
Put the sights on the target, squeeze the trigger while exhaling.
Congrats, you hit something.
>>
>>32145921
U.S. Citizen here(Former Argie citizen)
Mother owns a rifle in argentina. How do I legally transfer it from Argentina to USA?
>>
>>32146950
Didn't mean to reply to >>32145921
>>
>>32145687
Issue butt pads?

Anyway, I know it's a problem. My question is, is it really a worse problem than the AK's bullet drop or the AR's iffy stopping power?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.