[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rifle $280 or under

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: RifleAmmoBuyingGuide_chart.jpg (50KB, 700x484px) Image search: [Google]
RifleAmmoBuyingGuide_chart.jpg
50KB, 700x484px
I have $280 to spare and I am wanting a new rifle, I am fine with anything except a 22, as I already have one.
(Picture somewhat related)
>>
>>32001645
>stripped lower
>PSA complete lower
>Spanish Mauser
>Nugget

Real talk get an AR lower, rest of the options are if you're impatient
>>
>>32001645
there are a few entry level bolt actions (and in assorted calibers) in that price range. ruger, savage, mossberg, marlin, etc.
>>
>>32001645
I've known 454 casull to be good for brown bears IN ALASKA. That was out of a 6 inch or less barrel too.

Isn't 454 roughly comparable to 45-70?
>>
Have you budgeted for ammo? If this is going to be your primary rifle, IMO you should be willing to spend at least the cost of the rifle in ammo over the next 2 years.
>>
>>32001645
impying a good old 30.06 or even 308 isnt enough for bear or wedingo or anything that can be killed with bullets
>>
File: 1478849864394.jpg (34KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1478849864394.jpg
34KB, 500x667px
>>32001645
>I have $280 to spare and I am wanting a new rifle
Buy some bleach and kill yourself poorfaggot

If thats all you can afford you dont deserve to have a gun you probably live in a trailer, and you owning one would give gun owners a bad image.

>>>/b/
>>
File: nugget.jpg (78KB, 1280x270px) Image search: [Google]
nugget.jpg
78KB, 1280x270px
N U G G E T

U

G

G

E

T
>>
>>32001645
This pic smells of fudd. I'm pretty sure you can hunt dear and goat with some high power .223
>>
>>32001645

SOG has Mosins for under that.

Swiss k31s in some places
>>
>>32003995
Depends on which part of the country. Deer aren't the same throughout the US.

Plus, you could use .223 on a lot of game with a good enough shot. Better to hit harder and bigger to put it down quicker.
>>
>>32003995

Where I live, its the fudds that promote hunting with marginal cartridges.

Not that I'm against it, if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>32003995
YOU CAN TOTALLY GUN DEER WITH .22LR!!!

SHOT PLACEMENT SHOT PLACEMENT SHOT PLACEMENT SHOT PLACEMENT SHOT PLACEMENT SHOT PLACEMENT SHOT PLACEMENT SHOT PLACEMENT

Seriously, just shut the fuck up already. Unless you're hunting those dog-sized Florida deer, .223 is never ideal for dear. It's "sufficient" for pronghorn, but shits the bed compared to .25-06 or 6mm Remington, etc.

If the goal isn't to produce near-lethal wound trama in the deer so that the opposing deer forces need to dedicate more resources and deerpower to deer casualties, choose a more powerful caliber.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.