[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MEG/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 47

File: trumpgun.jpg (27KB, 652x435px) Image search: [Google]
trumpgun.jpg
27KB, 652x435px
GOD EMPEROR WON EDITION

/MEG/ Military Enlistment General

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

Ask questions, answer questions, bitch about Air Force recruiters. Just keep it contained to this general.
>>
made this new thread to post this because the old one is page 9 and past bump limit

TRUMP FUCKING WON

I was thinking about going to college, if I go to ROTC will I have a better chance of getting deployed in a combat MOS? I really want to get the fuck into basic and shoot some shit, go 11B, but I don't want to end up a welfare whore stuck in the barracks while rotc guys get to go kill sand niggers.
>>
>>31952533
>We tell you to lie and none of you do then come back here and say you wish you had lied.
Well I wasn't really a /k/ regular at the time and in any case I don't even think /meg/ was actually a thing. Other than that I do deserve it though, even my parents were telling me to lie and they didn't even want me joining in the first place.
>>
>>31952925
>I don't want to end up a welfare whore stuck in the barracks while rotc guys get to go kill sand niggers.

Are you mentally retarded? Why would you think ROTC cadet boot officers would see shit before an Infantryman. Rethink some things, including your life.
>>
>>31953187
senpai please I am just going off what my dad's friend who was an officer in the army in like the 90s told me. He really shilled for ROTC and not enlisting, fuck i even applied to college. pls no bully

I think I am going in boys, but my parents want me to go to college and really do anything except the military. They have this idea that I am almost certainly going to die or kill myself, and my mom even threatened to go down to the recruiting office and tell them that I used to have terrible anxiety and panic attacks, and that I still get panic attacks nowadays(I can work through them though), and some edgy """suicide attempt""" I did at 14 for attention and have regretted for the past 4 fucking years. Any tips on how to deal with the parents? I need to graduate HS, but while I am still a senior they want me to get sign up for college. I can't really enlist right now because then my mom may tell the army that shit, but I don't want to sign up for a college and pay for a bunch of shit only to gtfo when I graduate and go play soldier. Any advice /k/?
>>
File: 13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg (822KB, 1330x800px) Image search: [Google]
13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg
822KB, 1330x800px
If you aint infantry, you aint shit
>>
>>31952925
You sound exactly like the type of guy the military does NOT want.

go to college instead we dont want you fuckin cowboy faggot
>>
>>31952077
never tell any body cool. i tried to join army at 18, tried for the waiver, decided not to go through with it. odds that they didnt toss that lost case by now? im probs gonna wait another year anyways, get lasik. whats good in the military anyways? I really dont care what I do for a living also im smarter than most, so ill get excellent scores on any test. I'm kinda curious to see what it takes to break me.
>>
>>31953251
>I still get panic attacks nowadays
anon...
>>
>>31953311
I can't help them happening. They started after I got smashed/smashed into a car headfirst and fucked my shit up. I get panic attacks but i can get through them now, I can maintain my cool, and I have been an endurance athlete since middle school, I have always done good in school, I feel like I can definitely do the job. Just because my nervous system has hiccups from time to time doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to kill sand niggers.
>>
>>31953364
Discipline. Self control. If you cannot control your body, mate... You'll have a hard time. Plus, killing ain't fun. Don't glorify it. Its not the right state of mind to have. Temper your self then try again later. Its a long road anon.
>>
>>31953364
Wars over kid, and you aren't 18.
>>
What is too old to join?
>>
>>31953437
Google it you turd.
>>
File: tumblr_koyn5rsenQ1qzgrbuo1_500.jpg (108KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_koyn5rsenQ1qzgrbuo1_500.jpg
108KB, 500x282px
REPOSTING FROM LAST THREAD

AUSFAG POST

Looking to go full time rifleman, thinking about 2RAR and want to go recon. Anyone have any experience or tips? I'm currently doing gymnastics training for joint preparation and gonna start running once I'm more mobile.
Cheers.
>>
>>31953471
Brah I'm just in the process of enlisting and they told me rifleman is a 12 to 18 month wait. It's shit. What stage you at in application?
>>
>>31953364
kill yourself
>>
>>31953575
not him but just passed my assessment day for fulltime rifleman 2 months ago, recruiter said probably march/april
>>
>>31953629
I only did the you session a month ago so I was probably too late for this year
>>
>>31952973
>I don't even think /meg/ was actually a thing
How long ago was this???
>>
>>31953677
yeah everything slows done this time of year
>>
>>31952919
I would fight for the Emperor of Mankind, but gout is a disqualifiable medical condition.

I'm 25, this shit sucks. Hurts more than a broken bone when it hits.
>>
>>31953696
It was in 2013. Guess I never really got over it.
>>
>>31953364
>Just because my nervous system has hiccups
If you can't see how this would just be a burden to your comrades, you need to stay away from the recruitment center before the rejection gives you another panic attack.
>>
Military Enlistment General /MEG/
Early Voting (For Trump) edition

Previous thread
>>31857126 (Cross-thread) (Dead)

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Use this template next time please
>>
>>31953251
I don't want you anywhere near the service Pvt. Pyle.

Go find something else to waste your life on.
>>
>>31953733
>gout is a disqualifiable medical condition.
Stop drinking. It'll go away.
>>
>>31953858
ok, memes aside, all panic attacks do is create anxiety. If you understand what is going on, you can get through it. I have had enough to know what they feel like. I know I keep saying I want to kill sand niggers, but really, I want to join the military to be a good citizen and do a service to my country and the west(by killing sand niggers). My panic attacks aren't really caused by anything, although sometimes they are, but mostly they happen randomly, and most people wouldn't be able to tell I am having one when I am. I have gotten good at getting through them, dealing with them. If anything panic attacks have made me better at dealing with intense trauma and anxiety than many other people. I have dealt with many seemingly traumatic life experiences recently and got through them relatively easily compared to some others. Don't think of panic attacks as "being triggered", that is tumblr bullshit. So many kids nowadays "get panic attacks" but really don't, and all the pussies that use it as excuses to break down crying in class or get triggered are retards who have probably never experienced real anxiety or trauma in their life. I have gotten panic attacks since I smashed my forehead into a moving care and broke half my body when i was 12. I get real fucking medical panic attacks, but they are just that. Medical. I can't help when I get a panic attack but I sure as hell control how I react to it. So I don't think I would be a burden to my comrades any more than the next guy, but I really do need some guidance on joining. I want to go infantry, I don't want to do some base job. I want to get combat experience, because I feel like I am meant for combat, I feel like that is the best way I could serve my country. Again, I am in great endurance shape, I can do a fuck ton of pushups, pullups, situps. I do good in school, so should I go to rotc to become an army infantry officer(and get a CE degree), or should I enlist when I graduate in june?
>>
>>31954042
>I smashed my forehead into a moving care and broke half my body when i was 12. I get real fucking medical panic attacks, but they are just that. Medical
that sounds disqualifying
>>
>>31953251
We dont want you. Its obvious you don't have the right mentality for it. Revisit the idea in 4 years when you arent so retarded. Put your army fantasy on the backburner and get a degree thats worth something, after obtaining said degree you still want to go in then go to OCS.
>>
>>31954042
You are probably underage, and thinking of joining for the wrong reasons, and have no idea what our involvement in Arabia is, also wrong mentality wait till your 20 and rethink this.
>>
>>31953258
Are those High band antennas on the thors?
>>
>>31953991
It's not just that. I also have to dial back on meats by a lot. That's the worst torture of the condition next to the two-week long agonizing pains.

I can take medication for it, but if I'm under a NSAID and get shot or something other there, it's a pretty good chance I'd die from bleeding out.

Like I would totally lie about it, but that would mean I'd have to leave behind my medications. Avoiding food only puts off the attacks, but they'll eventually come. That's when they'll find out. Oh yeah, not to mention it's on my medical record now.
>>
>>31954115
>NSAID
>bleed out
nuh uh

But yeah don't join. gout sucks, its team effort, and you'll drag your team back. Sorry mate
>>
>>31954042
>killing sand niggers
Okay son, I'm going to apply a lot of realism right now. Yes we joke about the caricature that is the "sand nigger," but that's a for-real guy with a for-real AK that's been through more wars than you've lost baby teeth (the AK, not necessarily the terrorist), and they want to for-real kill you for a much deeper reason than you do them. The chucklefucks missing everything by miles are just rando civilians taking pop shots trying to get you to stay off their lawn. The guys in the organized insurgent groups actually train. While not as proficient as your average Marine, they still hit close enough that you're not comfortable with it. Also the threat of IEDs on patrols is very real. The snap of a 7.62x39 round flying by your head or a roadside bomb blowing up the humvee with your buddies in front of you will set off panic attacks like you've never experienced.
>>
>>31954042
ill say it again.

THE MILITARY DOES NOT WANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU
>>
What would the process be like for a Canadian to join the US military?
Don't want to enlist in the Canadian because I ain't gonna risk being told "ya we are once again gonna downsize our military, and so would like to ask you to leave" after the first 4 years.
>>
>>31954097
ok i will take this advice and go to college

>>31954271
look my man if you wanna be a cunt at least explain the reasoning behind what you say
>>
>>31954460
look my man if you wanna be a dumbass not listening to everyones advice atleast explain the reasoning as to why
>>
>>31953258
This.

How do POGs live with themselves. Atleast have some self respect and choose a DECENT MOS
>>
>>31954538
relax m8 he said he's going to college.
>>
Marine poolie here, how bad did i fuck up
>>
>>31952919
Hi k, I'm an illegal, what's the best branch to join to get citizenship?
>>
>>31953258
I love this meme, let's see how many welfare queens we can lead to death
>>
>>31955962
If you're going combat, you're retarded.

If wanted to learn something technical to benefit you when you get out, you should have joined the Navy.
>>
>>31955966
Best or easiest?
>>
>>31955989
for citzienship
>>
>>31955993
We're not in wartime, no citizenship for you.

Back to Mexico you go, we're building a wall.
>>
>>31955980
Sounds like a big time fuck up then, anon, ty
>>
>>31955993
Probably the army then. Once you get in, even if there's problems, they're not going to let you go.
>>
I'm smart and would like to learn something to do after the military.

Should I do Air Force or Navy?
>>
>>31956003
Ahahaha, joining army faggot

cry more
>>
Hia ~ looking into 18X. Opinions on A versus the rest?

How much flexibility do I have with my contract? For example could you define your contract as 3 years? Is it definitive that if you fail during the contract, you go 11B - or are there other defaults?
>>
>>31956347
Oh and the contract includes your training time correct? Going to talk to a recruiter in a few hours.
>>
>>31956347
1 more thing - I'm 27, turning 28 in February. As far as I can research, I'm fine in that regard. I have a computer science and engineering degree - I've heard if I go enlisted, I start E3? What does that mean if I go the officer route?
>>
>>31955962
>>31956019
You didnt.
>>31955980
But clearly he didnt.

>>31956089
Navy. AF is boring and for faggots. Not even memeing your gonna wish you did more. Joining the AF is like joining the reserves.

>>31956347
>>31956353
>>31956361
>As far as I can research
I feel like youve done no research at all.
18x is 5 years. You arent guranteed 11b if you fail its needs of the army.
You will start as either an e-3 or e-4 but it barerly matters since when you finish training you get auto e-5.

>male pic edition
>>
>>31952925
ROTC is for officers.

If you want a position as a combat arms officer, you had better WANT it and KNOW you WANT it, because that means having to PASS ranger school at some point if you want to get anywhere serious.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with Air Guard pilot boards or pilot boards in general?

I'm certain I'll do exceptionally well in the basic metrics once I get closer to 100+ flight hours for the candidacy battery, but there seems to be much more to this. I talked to admins at the local fighter wing, which more than anything told me just how many applicants they get annually.
>>
Didn't see it in the FAQ

I'm a 30 year old with a GED
Can I still get in the military? What would be my options? Also I have really bad teeth. Will that matter in a physical?
>>
>>31952919
Best/Coolest branch for Intel?
>>
>>31956653
It's all the same. So it really depends which branch you want. They go to same schools.

I did Intel in a limited capacity in the Marines. A tedious fucking job.
>>
>>31956720
well which mos to i go for. i wanna be doing cool shit not passing out flyers
>>
>>31956729
You can't capitalize, spell, structure, or punctuate two sentences properly. Intel isn't for you. So don't worry about it.
>>
>>31954460
He's not being a cunt, he's saying you don't fit the physical and psychological profile that the military wants
>>
>>31956739
lol. do you feel like a big man right now? hen pecking a random on 4chan? A honey pot for man children.
>>
>>31956347
The contract includes the training time yes. Just to make clear what the other anon said: you better be in insane physical condition, otherwise you're going to fail out and hate your life

Do some more looking into it on your own, the internet is full of information about SF. Don't just go 18x on a whim
>>
>>31956770
No. I'm just not going to waste time giving advice to someone who obviously isn't qualified to do the job.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
>>
>>31956542
A GED will open you to many jobs. Being 30 however, will prevent you from doing some higher speed stuff. Depending on what and how bad, your teeth may be a DQ, just talk to your dentist and recruiter.
>>
>>31956770
Stop acting like a 12 year old. This is a serious subject
>>
>>31956801
ahh there it is. That sense of superiority i picked up on in your first response.

>>31956804
yes i know. i asked a question and he answered like a dick. for all he knows i could be Stephen hawking typing on a new keyboard.
He derailed the thread
>>
>>31956827
Superior? Nah. I'm your Elder. I simply have more experience than you.

Like I said, any branches Intel is similar. Choose one, people can't think for you.
>>
File: 1478777502904.png (323KB, 638x994px) Image search: [Google]
1478777502904.png
323KB, 638x994px
>>
File: 1478777137039.png (384KB, 1950x714px) Image search: [Google]
1478777137039.png
384KB, 1950x714px
>>
How does naturalization through enlistment work? Is it as easy as it sounds?

My compulsory draft is coming up. I'm gonna be staying in the army after it's done or potentially try to get in to the Coast Guard. I'd like to get a citizenship in the US after that and military might suit me just fine.
>>
>>31952919
right so im going to talk to a recruitment officer today, what should i expect? what should i ask?
>>
>>31957291
You need a plan. You should already know what job you want ahead of time. What branch and what mos/rate you looking at?
>>
>>31957306
i was looking at the army, i got out of highschool and am currently going to a community college and i fucking hate it, not really the college itself, but i feel like i have no purpose or direction in life, and i feel like the army could help me sort my shit out. i honestly am willing to do anything so long as it gets me out of new york.
>>
>>31957320
>i honestly am willing to do anything so long as it gets me out of new york.
Look thousands of people have been in your exact position. Joining is fine but you still need to have a plan. If you say just get me out of here they are gonna stick you with the shittiest job they have. Do some thinking before you go. What interests you? What kind of work would you like to do?
>>
What's a good job in the navy's Intel field?
>>
>>31957396
well a ton of stuff interests me about the military, id love to serve in infantry.
>>
>>31957433
Not the same anon but what do you plan to do when you get out? Don't just expect to join infantry and suddenly your life turns into 100 bucks when you're out.
>>
>>31957508
well after i get out id either, learn a trade and get a unionized job, or go back to college and get my teaching degree. I have no direction as is, im hoping that the military can get me in shape, and help me get my shit together.
>>
>>31957526
I'm not gonna lie. That's a very abstract problem and very hazy plan. If anything, anon, you sound like you need time to find yourself. Don't jump to sudden conclusions like needing to join the military to better yourself. Change starts on the personal level before others can instill it upon you.

If you do stand firm on joining, please conduct research at least two-three weeks in advance before meeting your recruiter.
>>
>>31957557
well ive always been interested in joining the military ever since i was a young lad, so i think thats why im looking at it the way i am, thanks for the advice man.
>>
File: 1477979332931.png (593KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477979332931.png
593KB, 640x640px
>>31957428
All CTx are good. CTN is best.
IT is good.
IS is trash.
You cant go wrong with any of them.

>>31957433
>id love to serve in infantry
Whelp then go infantry

>>31957526
Dont listen to >>31957557
Joining is the time you need. You can easily get out after 4 years and use your Gi Bill to become whatever you want to. If you feel like joining then go for it. Your young and can afford to enjoy yourself in infantry for a few years no sweat. Just make sure you save money while youre in and use your free time to get ahead aswell.
>>
I'm a recent college graduate who is interested in joining the army as an officer. That being said, I have misdemeanor offenses for marijuana possession at 14 and underage drinking at 16. What are my chances of becoming an officer in a branch like the army? I'm a college wrestler and I'm in good shape physically, and I maintained a high GPA.
>>
>>31957622
Probably depends what your degree is in. Either way you could always go enlisted.
>>
File: 1471239456988.png (32KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1471239456988.png
32KB, 657x527px
My shins hurt
>>
>>31957627
Would a more technical degree help look past my juvenile offenses or something?
>>
>>31957694
Possibly im just saying if youve got some faggy social science degree or something they probably arent gonna want you either way.

>>31957653
No they dont
>>
>>31957706
Like they give a shit what it says on your degree
If you did four years in school and are still stupid enough to want to join the military they'll take you
You don't need a STEM degree to be a retarded butterbar
>>
>>31957622
Why not just go guard and keep ownership of your life while still playing solider?
>>
>>31958134
>Like they give a shit what it says on your degree
>You don't need a STEM degree to be a retarded butterbar
Can you make in any more obvious you have no idea what the fuck youre talking about. Shut the fuck up and never post here again.
>>
>>31956988
It's easier than it sounds. You'll be a citizen by the time you finish boot camp.

Kenyan who barely speaks a lick of English? CITIZEN
>>
>>31958464

That's not how it works faggot. You only get your citizenship after you complete your enlistment with an honorable discharge. Then again I'm sure that you are speaking from a position of appreciating the Kenyan who comes to this country and fights for it to earn his place, unlike the white trash sitting around collecting welfare while doing meth...
>>
Boarding the plane to Great Lakes in an hour. Any pro-tips for a fresh boi like me? I got the general orders and rank recognition down.
>>
>>31959479
Rate?
>>
File: 1478810053350.jpg (57KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478810053350.jpg
57KB, 540x960px
>>31952919
Be warned they are coming after you guys now.
>>
>>31959752
>Let's alienate EVERYONE
>what could go wrong guis
>>
>>31959705
HM
>>
Anybody have any experience on the National Guard?

Anyone know which MOS responds to the riots, or is it something you volunteer for?
>>
does anyone know how Navy recruitment deals with crimes committed while being a minor? my job might call for a security clearance.
I got caught shoplifting a cd at a px when I was in middle school, and I haven't told my recruiter yet.
>>
>>31959961
Back during the post-MLK assassination disturbances, my stepdad got deployed to Chicago. Armed with only an M1 Garand, his bayonet, and one en-bloc clip of ammunition (which he was not permitted to load UNLESS and UNTIL lethal force was absolutely required), he said it was the most terrifying thing he'd ever done.

Illinois National Guard. He was infantry, at the time.

I should clarify that he said: "I'd've been a lot less scared if they sent me to Hanoi." His big fear was being forced to fire on American citizens, even if it would have been self defense.
>>
>>31960592
Where you charged?
Is it on any sort of record?
-----------
How do I not lock my knees?
>>
>>31957653
It is physiologically impossible for your legs to hurt
>>
>>31960825
I had to pay a $200 fine, it was about 10 years ago, so it should be expunged or w/e but i cant find any real information on how that works since it was technically a federal offense. i have no idea if i could find out if its still on record, but theres a much better chance of the navy finding it than me.

--------
what?
>>
>>31959961
Air Guard here.
SFS mostly takes care of riots. We deal with the security and policing shit so we get first to go.
Other afsc's who do the augmentee program can go but are limited on how far they can deploy.
>>
>>31953251
Buddy listen to me. I'm a senior too, applied to ROTC, and the parents hate it. I'm fine, i'm looking forward to doing cool shit and twice as much mundane shit. what the fuck do you have anxiety about? It's just fucking high school, college, and family shit. And you are talking about panic attacks? I don't know shit, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you during a real stressful situation.
>>
>Can run only for 10 mins without stopping

>going infantry in few months

send help
>>
File: yes.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>cut a minute off my 1.5 mile time in one week
>>
>tfw haven't done push-ups in a week
Fuck, I feel like shit from just that alone
>>
Do recruiters keep you on record if you got started with them and then fucked up?

By got started, I mean the first phone call. He got my place of birth, name, birthday, etc.
I fucked up and admitted to some drug use, and he told me that I am no good before hanging up.

Now it has been about 2 years and I live on the opposite side of the country, if I go to a new recruiter and just dont mention drugs will everything be ok?
>>
>tfw can't enlist and support the God Emperor
>>
Chance for deployments will go up or down during a Trump presidency?
>>
>>31961836
every Pres wants their war
>>
I got offered to go through Marines PLS as a Junior who will be doing 5 years in college.
I will get paid $5,400 to go through a 10week program, 4 of which will be standard Marines bootcamp.

I'm wondering what my experience will be like upon comissioning as an officer in the Marines vs trying to do Op40 post graduation? What's the difference in pay, and lifestyle?

I hold myself to a higher standard and wish to be a part of the best and have old era machismo in being a man's man, which is why the marines appeals to me. However I do believe I am a cut above mentally and physically, always striving to be challenged which is why Army Rangers also interests me.

Can anyone comment and give me advice?
>>
Has anybody here been to USAF basic training in the past 2 years? How was it? Do airborne airmen have to go to any training other than SERE and tech school?
>>
I have MEPs in 7 days. Ive been before and I passed everything except the duck walk. It's been 6 years since I last went. The duck walk is something I still struggle with, being 6'10". I have very long legs. Would doing bodyweight squats and practicing daily for the next 7 days help me at all? Or should I try to postpone it.
>>
Practice makes perfect
>>
>>31961972
And with regarding "signing bonuses", the recruiting officer for OCS/PLS is itching to start an interview with me. How can i get the most benefits out of this? Is signing bonuses something only those who intend to go into service right away receive?
>>
>>31961972
What do you want out of the military? what do you hope to accomplish/go through?
>>
>>31962557
I pledged my fraternity and really loved the brotherhood and mental and physical challenge of being pledged and hazing that has allowed me to look at life differently and better in a more mature manner.
Despite that, I am very nationalist and have a yearning to contribute to my nation like my great grandfathers before me (both served in WW2 against the Japanese as Filipinos) and I feel my current major (Information Technology) will not satisfy my post college aspirations.
My goal in life is to eventually become the best father possible and be able to protect and provide for my family.
>>
Just got me projected duty station. Ft Bliss. How bad is 1st armor for intel?
>>
>>31959777
>lets take trained killers
>and take them off their meds

Ohhh that would be fun. Like The Purge, but with more death, and beter tactics.
>>
>>31958338
>>31958134
I'm getting conflicted messages here
>>
Are there any actual Airborne units left, or are paratroopers outdated?
>>
I'm an 18 year old high school senior and I enlisted in the marines but still havent talked to my recruiter about which MOS I will pick. It's come down between Reconnaissance(0321) and Crypto Linguist,would glady appreciate any advice and pros and cons on each.
>>
>>31962711
Prepare to hydrate.

>>31961836
"Deployments" are a given, friendo.
>>
>>31963656
I'm still a poolee but looking at intel as well. Language school is in Monterey CA, which is a fantastic place to be for a year.
>>
>>31962578
Don't let your major go to waste, good lord.
Marines have a Cyber Command you can use as "experience" with IT assuming you can get TS and if you are smart.
>>
>>31963743
>18 year old high school senior
>Don't let your major go to waste
Not him, but what?
>>
File: 1422084633319.png (404KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1422084633319.png
404KB, 600x600px
Yo how many DEPers here?
>>
>>31963847
Shipping at the end of January. Doesn't everybody go through DEP these days?
>>
>>31963882
Haven't seen one guy yet since I started who didn't DEP.

What rate?
>>
Anyone trying for SEALs?
>>
File: 1465257007629.jpg (142KB, 1068x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465257007629.jpg
142KB, 1068x1200px
>>31962491
You shouldve been practicing for months.

>>31963352
>I'm getting conflicted messages here
That other shit head is an idiot who doesnt know anything. If you have a degree in womens studies good fucking luck.

>>31963656
>cons its in the marines and you fucked up
>>
File: 1427691190546.jpg (81KB, 491x655px) Image search: [Google]
1427691190546.jpg
81KB, 491x655px
>>31963951
In process of training to earn a contract rn
>>
I have a weird friend who's going to serve in the armed forces. He was telling me about what branch and job he was going in and that he was real excited and very confident he was going to get his waiver and everything.

What's weird though is he was telling me every time something significantly bad happened to him as a civilian, withing a few minutes he would see a few cars with armed forces stickers/bumpers on them drive by him or he would see a commercial aired that day, when nothing was wrong or happening he wouldn't see the bumper stickers or commercials aired, and sometimes they were of the branch he's going to be in, and sometimes for other branches. He was kind of concerned that what he was noticing wasn't a coincidence at all.
I'm certain my friend will be fine, but I am slightly concerned about these things happening to him. Is there really anything that could be done about this, or is this something that actually happens to other folks?
>>
>>31964024
Depending on where you live, it might just be that he's noticing them when they were already all over the place. Since I decided to enlist I suddenly started seeing cars with military bumper stickers ten times a day where before I hardly ever noticed
>>
File: 1452575723518.jpg (70KB, 499x460px) Image search: [Google]
1452575723518.jpg
70KB, 499x460px
>>31964024
Probably just unconsciously looking for them and noticing them more when something bad happens. Nothing to be concerned about.
>>
>>31963847
Navy dep, ship in feb
>>
Did my NUPOC tour of a submarine recently. Seems like a fuckload of responsibility, maybe I'll just enlist nuke when I graduate uni
>>
>>31956347
It's a 5 year contract. If you fail/ quit/ led drop you will most likely be reclassed to needs of the army. You don't get a choice.

I know. I was an 18x. Now I'm 92y
>>
File: 1478785422142.jpg (97KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1478785422142.jpg
97KB, 1024x576px
>>31964889
>Did my NUPOC tour of a submarine recently. Seems like a fuckload of responsibility, maybe I'll just enlist nuke when I graduate uni
Dont go nuke at all ever you fucking turd.

>>31965549
>I was an 18x
Can we get a story. Why did you quit/drop?
How long did you make it?
And advice?
>>
>>31965580

Alex Jones is the biggest fucking pansy.
>>
>>31965580
How does the guy writing subtitles keep up with him talking?
>>
>>31956089
Depends on what you want to do. If you're fine with being at sea for months at a time, Navy's fine.
As long as you don't end up a D-35K Pilot, AF is fine too. I'm a KC-10 crew chief. This particular airframe is a real baptism-by-fire experience as far as maintenance goes because we're the only airframe (in the USAF) that uses FAA maintenance manuals (as opposed to the other planes' AF T.O.'s that look like children's coloring books compared to ours), and three months of schooling isn't enough to learn how to do much with it. It's far from boring though. If you like aircraft maintenance then being a crew chief or jet troop makes getting your Airframe & Powerplant license easier, because you're already using some of the knowledge on a daily basis.
Of course, you can be a CC or jet troop in the Navy, too, but you'll be at sea.
>>
>>31965595
he cracks me up when he gets pissed off and starts growling.
>>
File: 1478784752166.jpg (620KB, 1025x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1478784752166.jpg
620KB, 1025x1186px
>>31965595
>>31965606
>>
>>31965580
So I graduated 11b OSUT in early May, skipped the airborne school holdover stuff, started airborne school and was at bragg right before June started.

We missed the last SOPC(pre selection) class by a week or two and they DONT do any SOPC/SFAS selection in the really hot summer months. June/July/August.

So we ended up in the "student company" where we would do really hard runs,rucks, and overall PT... with the weekly HARDEST SMOKING OF YOUR FUCKING LIFE. People quitting left and right every single week, with new people coming from airborne school every other week.

If you make it through the student company, you begin SOPC, then onto selection.

If you quit, don't pass SOPC, don't get selected, or get dropped from the course at any time... you're done.
The story when I was there was that all 18x were getting reclassed to NEEDS OF THE ARMY because 11b was filled.
Rigger/mechanic/cook/small arms repair/construction crew/cav scout/ supply(me ayylmao)

Some of us ended up at SOF units, some didn't.

I posted this last MEG, so I just copied and pasted
>>
>>31959752
>you will never be THIS mad
>>
>>31959752

this is why ppl voted for trump
>>
>>31965839
Ya i remember reading it.
In all honesty how good a shape were you in?
Was it the non stop smoking tat made people quit or more mental stuff?
>>
File: baby_alligator.jpg (87KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
baby_alligator.jpg
87KB, 600x437px
>mfw almost done with AIT
>mfw goodbye Fort Sill
>mfw going to Hawaii as my first duty station
Life is good
Except for the prospect of having to attempt to drive a grounding rod into volcanic rock. That's not going to be fun.
>>
>>31965879
300 PT score

12:30 2 mile
85 push-ups
85 sit-ups
Before coming in the army my best gym lifts were
515 deadlift
425 squat
290 bench

It was mental as well as physical. I needed more long distance cardio/ longer work captacity. The non stop smokings and the not knowing how long it would go on for, when the next would be, when the next formation was, when the next class would pick up... that fucked me up. Also my knee started to reallllly fuck with me. So one day, we were getting our SHIT kicked in, my knee was throbbing, I quit.
>>
>>31965909
Damn man sorry to hear that but that is good info to have. What's your height and weight? Are those lifts 1rm? My bench is close I can do 265x5 but you got me beat with squat and DL.
>>
>>31964889
Just remember there's 4 other positions you can apply for if you are going for NUPOC. It's not just subs. That's just the position with the highest demand.
>>
>>31965919
6 foot, when I hit those 1RM lifts I was 200-205. I was solely powerlifting then and wasn't doing any cardio, I signed up for the army in August and left in January. So I just did cardio/crossfit style stuff til I left. I'm 175-180 now and I'm just getting back into lifting weights.

18X is no fucking joke dude. To make it through everything and get selected, you need to be the best of the best.

I work with SF dudes now. They're a certain breed...
>>
>>31965931
How do they differ from you though? Is it a mental difference?
>>
>>31965942
They're just extremely mentally tough. People joke around with the "no quit" mentality. But these guys really have it.

I think if I continue to work on myself physically and work on mental fortitude and not being a pussy at times. I could get selected if I went back to selection.
>>
>>31965956
>not be a pussy
How are you though? That's why I'm not getting. You seem strong as hell and what not so you gotta have some mental toughness.
>>
>>31965963
I would just doubt myself and my abilities.
I would see guys who weren't as good as me, quit and fail
>makes sense
I would see guys at "my level" quit or fail
>fuck that guys as good as me.. I'm next
I see a guy who's "better" than me, fail
>fuck... I'm fucked

I just wasn't confident enough in my abilities and couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

They say it happens a decent amount... guys will "self select"/"self peer" where they decide they're not good enough and then they quit.
>>
File: 234758632.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
234758632.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>31953258
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwXLvn2sd6I
>>
>>31965956
Are you allowed to go back to SFAS after you've quit?

Your post makes me think I should just go for 11B Airborne/Ranger or whatever and then try for SFAS after a few years when I'm ready, because I'm not even close to your physical stats. You think that's a decent idea?
>>
>>31965993
Very interesting. Thx for the info. Any thing else I should know?
>>
File: image.png (649KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
649KB, 1136x640px
Reminder, only marines are white
>>
File: Harvard-ROTC_officers.jpg (127KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
Harvard-ROTC_officers.jpg
127KB, 700x465px
Which ROTC program is the best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-98JnlGaF4
>>
>>31966045
>Harvard commissioned officers
>no airfags in photo

What did they mean by this?
>>
File: Colonel David Russell Williams.jpg (173KB, 1000x817px) Image search: [Google]
Colonel David Russell Williams.jpg
173KB, 1000x817px
REMINDER TO FEMALES

If you try to cozy up to higher ranking males to further your career, you will get what's coming to you. Pic fucking related.
>>
File: 1478839247700.gif (2MB, 257x193px) Image search: [Google]
1478839247700.gif
2MB, 257x193px
>>31966039
B-b-but anon, Cali is full of spics and niggers.
>>
>Made mistake of filing prior asthma history with army recruiter, even though he kept recommending me to lie
>My dumb ass wanted to do the "right" thing and tell the truth
>Was in the clear it seemed, so I thought they didn't give a shit
>Recruiter tells me to take my asvab as I'm going to meps the next week
>97, pumped as fuck even though signing for Infantry
>"lol u have to wait 3 year now buddy" and denied from going to meps until after said time

And this is another example of some little bitch wishing he had lied. Lie my bros, don't be a bitch like me.
>>
>>31966012
What's making you want to go 11B?

There are tons of jobs that fall under the Rangers. 11B is the first thing that comes to mind.
http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75thranger/Specialties.html

See what you qualify for with your asvab and go from there.

>>31966025
Any more questions?
>>
File: 1472612380285.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1472612380285.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>31952919
>yfw hughes amendment repealed
>>
>>31966129
>Any more questions?

What would you do differently if you were training for it right now?
>>
File: 463452367346324.jpg (226KB, 1352x762px) Image search: [Google]
463452367346324.jpg
226KB, 1352x762px
>>31966091
hmmmm.... thanks for the advice.

I got a lot of shit with psychologists in the past.
Hopefully they don't see that.
>>
>>31966164
It depends on how much time you have until you leave for basic.
I would do intense crossfit style workouts. Push it push it push it
2-6 mile runs
Ruck 2-12 miles
Run with your ruck, starting light and building up

All of these ^^^^ you gotta build up to. Don't go out with a 50lb ruck and try and run 3 miles. You will hurt yourself. I've done it.

Just train constantly, rest as you need, push yourself mentally as much as you push physically.
>>
How hard is it to get a security clearance? Really wanna go CTN in the navy.
>>
>>31966304
Not hard at all. Just don't do anything stupid.
>>
I have a BMI of 19.8 kg/m^2(5'10", 138 lbs). I'm not the strongest, I only bench 75, but I have 300 on the pft, and could walk all day with a 70lb ruck and then run a 5k before bed. Disregarding the mental aspect, will I make it with the Rangers? How much strength training would be required for RASP(and later Ranger school)?
>>
>>31966404
They would much rather an endurance-built candidate who can also lift weight than a strength-built candidate who can also run, so youre probably fine. Either way sounds like a decent baseline, whats your run time for a 5k and whats your best speed march time with a ruck? If you can do 4+ miles in under an hour up hills with a 25-30kg pack you should be fine, its far more about the mindset than physicality when it comes to long tabs.
>>
>>31966393
What if they find out you lied about your medical records? Say, i don't tell them i had childhood asthma and they find out.
>>
>>31966490
Childhood asthma doesn't matter for the military, and certainly doesn't matter for a clearance.
>>
>>31966438
I run 5k's in 18 minutes. As for the ruck, I could do that in ~50 minutes with that weight
>>
>>31966438
Sounds bretty good to me breh
>>
>>31966526
Okay, i was just worried because i heard i could get kicked out for fraudulent enlistment if i lied about anything medical.
>>
>19D requires Asvab score of 87
Did I read this right or is the army website wrong
>>
>>31966841
Army GT score of 87
>>
>>31966841
>You cant even read
19D here you come
>>
>>31963973
Which MOS would give me a good chance of not getting fucked over in the long term?
>>
>>31967452
>Which MOS would give me a good chance of not getting fucked over in the long term?
The MOS isnt the problem. The marines is. Join another branch man trust me. The Marines is worse in every category compared to the other branches.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
Army is happy as fuck over Trump, laughing it up, recruit is up
Navy is happy as fuck over Trump, laughing it up, recruit is up
USMC is happy as fuck over Trump, laughing it up, recruit is up

Air Force personnel were the only ones I saw that were upset. Why is this? Is it because he made that joke about pilots essentially being bus drivers? Because he's right.
>>
>>31967564
Its cause the AF is the cuckest branch with the most pussys and nu males in general. Also that pilot shit doesnt have anything to do with it cause the navy has early as many pilots and they definitely do more than the af does.
>>
I'm thinking of being a navy corpsman since I'm interested in medicine
Would it be better to do college, military, then medical school, or military, college, medical school? Does it matter?
Also, is there any benefit to joining a different branch to be a medic?
>>
>>31952919
Is it worth joining the Coast Guard? A friend and I are thinking about it now that Trump won
>>
>>31967950
Corpsman/68W (Line Medic in Army) is along the lines of EMT level as far as medicine goes.
Do you want to be a doctor or the guy handing out motrins?
>>
>>31967564
I'm stationed on a CVN. Everyone I've seen, heard, and talked to have been absolutely butthurt as hell over Trump winning. It's literally only me, and another guy in my division that are happy about it.

>LCPO uses the excuse of being butthurt over the election to leave work early.
>>
>>31968025
d-doctor
>>
Anyone else here slated to be on guard duty in DC for god emporer's inauguration?

Fug I can't wait, just a few months
>>
Long story short:
I had ADD, enlisted, they found out about ADD via special physical.
Discharged, no hard feelings.

I'm back at college, but I'm curious as to what this would look like for any chances to reenlist.

I was told (and my RE code states) that all I need to procure is a waiver and I'll be all set.
>>
>>31968281

Depends on the code that they discharged you under and the branch of service you're trying to enlist into.
>>
>>31968300
Fraudulent enlistment, six month cooldown.
RE-8.

"Temporary medical conditions or unsatisfactory initial performance and conduct (available to recruits assigned to Recruit Training Command for initial training only)."
>>
File: 1450194151326.jpg (77KB, 540x720px)
1450194151326.jpg
77KB, 540x720px
>>31968073
Rate? If you say some supply bullshit youre a faggot anyway.

>>31968281
>I was told (and my RE code states) that all I need to procure is a waiver and I'll be all set.
Then youre all set. Whats the problem?

>via special physical
How did they find out though? Like why did you need the physical in the first place?
>>
>>31968322
I was a aircrew as some sort of self-flaggelation for my failures in life.

Aircrew/Nukes/etc go through special physical for a security clearance.
That's the one they can charge you on for lying.

I didn't feel like fucking my life over entirely.

Any other rating and I would have been fine, too, I'd passed everything else up to that point.
>>
>>31968319

>Fraudulent enlistment

Christ, you admitted to lying then instead of saying that you forgot?
>>
Alright guys, I'm torn right now between going CT- in the Navy or going 35 or 37 in the army. All other branches are out since I don't want to join either of the guards, the muhreens are generally the worst branch to join, and I dislike the airforce for a bunch of reasons. Alright so I'm going with the MOS's I mentioned since intel seems to have a great rep, good advancement, possible future in related fields and it's really interesting stuff to me. My question are, which branch is better to join for intel, what is the best intel position out of the army and navy MOS's I mentioned (respective to branch.

My only other concern with this is that even if navy jobs turn out to be generally better, I may still have a desire to join the army due to the possibility of trying to join into SF after 2 years of active duty in my MOS. Is that do-able? My recruiter said so but I'm hesitant to believe him due to stories of recruiters outright lying. If so, would I have better chances of being allowed to since I'm intel or would I get stonewalled? Also, if I get into SFQC and I fail out do I get sent back to my old MOS or do I get NOTA'd? I'm currently 18, and I would rather get out of my situation now than wait two years to join. Thanks, if anybody needs more info to answer my questions I'll gladly provide it.
>>
File: 1454532912893.jpg (220KB, 718x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1454532912893.jpg
220KB, 718x1043px
>>31968344
>I didn't feel like fucking my life over entirely
Youre an idiot. Theyd have never know. Shouldve kept your mouth shut. I have no sympathy for you idiots who confess to shit, we preach all damn thread about lying.
I knew something was fishy cause i had a special physical as well. Shoudlve known.

>>31968422
>Christ, you admitted to lying then instead of saying that you forgot?
Hes a moron

>>31968494
Navy CTN is the single best intel job in the whole military. Super fast advancement. Big bonuses. Excellent spoopy job/duty stations. Easily sets you up for post military jobs.
With that being said i am semi ignorant to how the quality of life and general military attitude is between the navy and army but in terms of actual job itself CTN is the best.
If you want to be on ships CTR and CTT are great.
In terms of trying out for SOF type jobs. I know in the navy CTN is critically undermanned cause its so hard so theres no chance theyd let you go SEAL or anything like that. Id be surprised if the Army were different. Id say if you want to go SOF type jobs then do it from day one. Changing later once youre already in is a tough thing to do.
>>
>>31968552
So do CTN's generally stay on base? Kind of like the idea of heading out on a warship but I think I could live without it. I think no matter what I sign a contract for I'll be good enough to do it, got a 90 on my practice asvab and am currently studying with a kaplan study guidebook.

As for SOF/SEALS, I don't think going for it right now is the best idea as in my current shape I'd absolutely fail (150 5'10" so not fat but not what I need), that and I can't go 18x right now since I'm not 20 yet. So, I'll probably just join intel and see if I can transfer in. I'm not that interested in SEALS, more interested in the berets since what they do (train foreign armies, stay in-country for a long ass time, interact with locals etc.) is much more interesting to me than just solely doing combat missions. So I think my game plan is to go Navy if I'm deadset on intel and intel only, or join army if I want intel but want a SOF chance too.
>>
>>31968025
wait so they're bad?
Should I not go into the navy for medicine at all or is there a better MOS
>>
>>31968094
>>31968655
If you want to be a doctor in the military why not college -> med school with HPSP program then do your 4 years then? If you do mil first as a corpsman you have to do 4 years then wait another 6-8 before you can be a doctor.
It all just depends on what you want to do
>>
>>31968673
I guess I could do that
I haven't really done as much research as I should
>>
File: 1457193776630.jpg (296KB, 1080x1624px) Image search: [Google]
1457193776630.jpg
296KB, 1080x1624px
>>31968638
>So do CTN's generally stay on base?
Yes. CTNs dont go on ships. They are stationed on intel bases and agency buildings. If you want to be on a ship go CTR, CTT or IT.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Pages/CTN.aspx

>So I think my game plan is to go Navy if I'm deadset on intel and intel only, or join army if I want intel but want a SOF chance too.
Makes sense but again id do some serious research to make sure you can try out for SF based on those army MOSs you listed. Cause if they are seriously undermanned or something like that they may not allow you to try out. Just saying better safe than sorry.
>>
>>31968794
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate this stuff, any way to find out which jobs can transfer into which and which positions are understaffed/in need other than word of mouth?
>>
File: CVZ9EVCXIAEx_tm.jpg (66KB, 524x768px) Image search: [Google]
CVZ9EVCXIAEx_tm.jpg
66KB, 524x768px
>>31968830
>any way to find out which jobs can transfer into which and which positions are understaffed/in need other than word of mouth?
Well for the NAVY its easy. On that same page
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Documents/B525%20Community%20Summary%20Sheet.pdf
Look on the middle right at Zone info.
On that site you can go to every rate and look at the pdf for it.
For the army try and do some digging about SF in particular and those MOSs in particular.
>>
>>31968948
Thanks again, hopefully I can get which MOS I'm joining sorted out before the end of the year. Is it better to do navy/army basic in the winter/early spring or summer?
>>
So what is the bottom of the barrel army MOS?

11B or something else?
>>
File: 1461131677043.jpg (58KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461131677043.jpg
58KB, 540x960px
>>31968987
>Is it better to do navy/army basic in the winter/early spring or summer?
Minor detail nigga. Keep your eye on the big picture something that little aint gonna matter. If they offer you a quick ship bonus take that shit its free money who cares what time of year it is.

>>31969170
>So what is the bottom of the barrel army MOS?
In what regard? Imo supply anything is the gayest of the gay.
>>
Any Canadian Military working?
>>
This is a strange question bear with me. I deploy for basic in USCG on Tuesday and I have a question for anyone who has went through USCG basic. I was told I am required to bring 50$ cash, my SS card, my ID, and a debit card. Why do we need to have cash and would it be acceptable to wear a watch when i fly out? Would they confiscate the watch once I arrived to Cape May?
>>
File: 65.jpg (509KB, 1880x1435px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
509KB, 1880x1435px
>>31953471
If you're so fucking stupid you want to do the infantry shit just go ADGie, you won't get the retardation and mistreatment side of the A.R.A but you'll get all the *bang* *bang* *splosion*. Your best bet is to go for an trade in the Air Force if you don't have any high school qualifications.

In the ADF they have a pretty decent metric

1. R.A.A.F
2. R.A.N
3. A.R.A
>>
Should I become a green beret?
Is it really as dangerous as people say it is? Any green berets here?
>>
I'm deaf in one ear and have possible Asperger's, can I enlist?
>>
>>31970267
>should i be duh _____
>is it dangerous, lel

Be a Personnelist and work in EEO. Its badass and safe. Stable income.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ1wXPwkgZk
>>
>>31970465
The enlisted corps was built for fuckups. Of course you can enlist.
>>
>>31963847
/DEP/ here shipping out mid jan.
>>
>>31970465
They test your ears, which might put you out of some jobs.

and also, you don't have Asperger's, no matter what they ask.
>>
>>31970598
>you don't have Aspergers
Because Asberger's doesn't exist. No doctor can diagnose anyone with Asbergers. Either a patient is autistic or they aren't. They have to abide by the DSM.
>>
Can any navy CT_ people give me info on to what it's like?
>>
>>31970902
I was on a cruiser with some. What do you want to know? Also they are all different so which in particular do you want to know about?
>>
>>31953437
If you are in your early to mid 30s, don't join! You have been warned.
>>
>Watch Arrival movie
>random O-3 in film
>he acts like a fucking E-5

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>31970976
Officers are just like you and me, regular guys!
>>
>>31970949
Well I signed as a CTR, I was just wondering what an average day is like for one
>>
File: 1435660984673.gif (308KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1435660984673.gif
308KB, 512x384px
>>31963847
Navy checking in.
>>
>>31966166
were you a military brat?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 630x630px
Any Cryptologic Linguists here? What's the job like?
>>
Assuming you pick up an option 40 contract and complete basic + airborne schools, are you guaranteed admittance into RASP?
>>
>>31964889
Do not submarines.

Do not ever submarines, you will regret it for the rest of your life.
>>
>>31963847
muh-reen dep reporting
>>
So uh, this sis wierd, but how straight should my knees be when standing at attention?
>>
File: Berkeley NROTC.jpg (2MB, 3769x2129px) Image search: [Google]
Berkeley NROTC.jpg
2MB, 3769x2129px
Is Stanford ROTC one of the better ROTC programs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPaDXOBv_vI&t=0s
>>
I've got slight cosmetic case of pectus carinatum (the opposite of bowlchest). It's enough that it's visible with my shirt off but it's never hindered me physically - my heart and lungs are fine.

Will it stop me from going airborne?
>>
>>31972733
>Airborne
Airborne is a joke today
>>
File: dan the man.png (39KB, 1278x1032px) Image search: [Google]
dan the man.png
39KB, 1278x1032px
Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but where can I search for Canadian military records?
I'm trying to find information on my grandfather but I'm having no luck.
I've been searching through ancestry(.)com because it's free for Remembrance Day but I haven't found anything on there.
>>
>>31972776
"Should I join airborne" wasn't what I asked. I want to know if I'll still be able to get all 1's on PULHES if I have a cosmetic issue
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-27-00h36m29s181.png (1MB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-27-00h36m29s181.png
1MB, 1276x720px
I recently became 27, and I want to enlist. I am a CNA at a nursing home, but it is unsatisfying. However, I've got a few questions:

- I haven't paid my taxes for the last 3 years because I didn't give a fuck about anything in my life. Does this come up in a background check they do, and would I be able to pay what I owe in taxes while enlisted?

- I dropped out of high school and have no GED. Will I be able to get a GED while enlisted?

- Is payment bi-weekly or something? I want to send money back home to my mom and siblings and help pay for my brothers' legal immigration papers

- Is it a problem that I've got a first offense DUI that I got out of in January '16? I'm sober and drug-free now.

- How does choosing a MOS work? I am interested in machinery and want to learn about them and how to repair and maintain them. I don't have experience beyond changing the oil in my car, but I am confident I'd be good at it if in an environment to learning it.

I've been wanting to join the military for while, but my parents convinced me not to. I lack focus, education, and discipline. As I get older I see that my life is going nowhere and I need discipline, experience and education in something useful. Also, to get away from home for a while. Most of all though, I feel an obligation to serve because I want to. The only stipulation I have with myself is that I have a weightlifting coach that has been really helping me excel in powerlifting; and that my mom is going to be by herself with my 14 year old sister, 11 yr old brother, and a shit load of debt.

Sorry for all the questions, but I've been changing directions in life so much that I just want shit to straighten out. I'll lie out my ass, but I don't want it to bite me in the ass if they can pop that shit up. Perhaps some perspective would help too. It seems like enlisting will help in the long run. Thanks.
>>
>>31963847
Coast Guard checking in
>>
>>31969434
What you can and can't bring with you should be listed in your helmsman. $50 cash is needed because you yourself are pay for haircut, pt gear, ect.
>>
>>31973959
>help pay for my brothers' legal immigration papers

wall
>>
>>31952919
I smoked weed for a bit but I've been clean for a year, how does the military drug test, I've also recently been thinking about smoking a bowl but I'm conflicted plus I'm just thinking about joining the army but if I end up smoking I might be worried about a drug test any help would be appreciated thanks
>>
I apologize if this has been asked before. I always wanted to join the military and be a soldier. As of now I'm a directionless suburban kid (18) whose parents don't respect him. I want to prove to myself I'm not soft like so many of my peers, that I can hack it. The thing is I have to go to court for a felony possession charge I got when I was 17. What are my chances of getting in? other than that I'm smart and healthy
>>
How hard is it to get secret clearance?
>>
>>31974135
It's just pissing in a cup
Just get some fucking self control
>>
File: Beauty3.jpg (85KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Beauty3.jpg
85KB, 600x800px
>>31971066
>CTR
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Pages/CTR.aspx
Its an excellent rate. If you are on a ship you got it good. Underway you stand watch in s small secluded room called SESS. No one ever goes in there cause its top secret. You you fuckers are chillin in there hardcore. Trust me you choose well. Good advancement and lots of intel commands you could be at.
Word of advice, make 100% sure you go to a ship first and not shore. You have to be on a ship as a young fresh sailor so you learn whats what properly.

>>31971336
>Navy checking in
Rate?

>>31972421
>how straight should my knees be when standing at attention?
98.45%. Read your handbook.

>>31974264
>How hard is it to get secret clearance?
Very easy. Dont have huge debt or foreign ties in IRAQ and youre basically good.

>>31974218
>The thing is I have to go to court for a felony possession charge I got when I was 17
Well it depends if you actually get charged or if its dropped.
But
>I want to prove to myself I'm not soft like so many of my peers
Thats a dumbass reason. Chances are youll never see those "peers" again anyway plus you shouldnt be so weak you even care what they think of you.
>>
>>31971819
Yes, that's what an opt 40 is
>>
>>31973959
The taxes are an issue if you want a security clearance, but a maintenance job doesn't require one. Also, pay your taxes wetback

You need a GED before you enlist

You need to have no drug or alcohol infractions for at least 2 years

As for choosing an MOS, you ask your recruiter what's available, and you sign a contract at MEPS

The MOS's you sound interested in are always in high demand, so your recruiter will be more helpful than they would for someone who wants to do a high demand MOS(looking at you, 18x's). You should ask about bonuses as well, you can get 20-40k if they're available at the time
>>
>>31974988
Hot from far away

Those tits are so inviting. Enlarge pic and see face, god damn no.
>>
>>31974135
It takes 2 weeks for weed to clear your system. To be safe, wait a month before a drug test. If you're in the military, you need to be 100% off of the w33d, or they will give you the boot

Even if you don't end up enlisting, stop smoking you faggot
>>
Does anybody have some good advice about the shit they make you do at meps like the duck walk and stuff
>>
>>31976106
practice in advance
>>
>>31974988
>98.45%. Read your handbook
>>
Any air force bros here?
How are these AFSCs?
1a431
1a832
1c631
>>
>>31976709
Infantry
>>
File: King of sweden.jpg (32KB, 291x464px) Image search: [Google]
King of sweden.jpg
32KB, 291x464px
Need perspective here. These are my options for enlistment. I can either:

>Go for Top Secret and the Intel/Cyber jobs I want but disclose my mental health history and risk DQ.

or

>Mention nothing and go with something that doesn't require a TOP SECRET that's in the branch I want, but not the job I want.

Bonus:
>How much of an idiot would I be to turn down chance to Warrant into the Army and fly whirlybirds?
>>
I'll be honest, /k/. I'm a weak fuck right now.

I'm a little overweight, my arms are like noodles and I can barely manage doing prissy half pushups. I need help.

I've started doing c25k for cardio, but I can't find a good program for calisthenics. What's the best way to go from complete sedentary to doing respectable PT?
>>
>>31976888
Youre an idiot. STFU about your medical hsitory and theyll never know. We keep telling you mongs that clearances dont care about medical shit.

>>31976960
Strong Lifts 5x5. Its a beginner PL program to build a strength base. Calisthenics arent going to make you strong. Theyre better for building some endurance.
>>
>>31976960
If you're really that weak, start off with push-ups at an incline, with your upper body higher. It will be less work.

You can use the same concept for pull-ups, where you're basically supporting some of your weight with your feet until you've built up the necessary strength to do them unassisted.

It's about building yourself up to a point little by little at first. Don't go beyond your physical limitations working out, or else you'll permanently injure yourself. The most important thing is to keep at it, and not get low on morale because you're not seeing progress immediately.
>>
>>31976982
I can barely do a pushup, anon. I'm not sure I could even lift a bar.
>>
>>31977013
Ummm
Gimme your stats.
Height?
Weight?
Age?
Sex?
>>
>>31976823
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
>>
I chose CTR at MEPs, what the fuck do they do for a top secret clearance?
>>
>>31953437
I'm in my early 30s going through the enlistment process. My cousin did the same thing a few years back.
>>
>>31977249
It means he is mildly retarded.
>>
so if i have a gun now, what would the process be like to get it to my base once i get there?
>>
>>31978674
Either you keep it off base, or you check it with the armor every time you enter or leave the base. Highly recommended keeping it off base
>>
>>31978706
yeah but the question i have is how do i get my gun from home to base. im not actually in the military yet
>>
File: US.jpg (31KB, 537x781px) Image search: [Google]
US.jpg
31KB, 537x781px
Would anyone here ever shoot big and try to become a General/Admiral?
>>
>>31978801
LOL, what school are you in?
>>
>>31978808
Huh? No, I am wondering what the mindset of /meg/ is.
>>
>>31961427
Don't stop running after 10 minutes
>>
>>31978725
You carry it

It's not that complicated
>>
>>31978725
If you have off-base housing, you can leave it there
>>
>>31979444
chances are i will be stationed somewhere far away from where i live. how do i carry it there? do i take leave just to get my gun and bring it to the base?
>>
>>31979461
but my question is, how do i get my gun from my parents house, to wherever im stationed. do i have them mail it?
>>
with trump in office will i be able to re-enlist with an re-3
>>
>>31978801

Nope. Being a flag grade entails being a fairly competent politician, actually giving a shit about the military, and a good amount of luck.

If you have the mindset/aptitude to make flag grade, you can just go be a CEO/politician and make a fuckton more money.
>>
>>31978801
>>31979539
It's rare for officers, let alone NEETs on an internet forum, to have aspirations to be a general officer. There's a reason why most retired officers are colonels. Any pay grade above that deals with to much bullshit
>>
>>31978674
public storage until you find a place of your own, no way am i gonna give it to some faggot ass MA/MP.
>>
>>31959752
>You just follow orders
I mean she's not wrong on that part. Soldiers can be successful afterwards and no one should suggesting taking away meds from people who need them but being a soldier is in fact being the government's bitch.
>>
>>31952919
>le god emperor
shut up /meg/
>>
Why do the officers do everything in Star Trek Next Generation?
>>
>>31980302
Because they are trying ot model reality.

Name the last time some enlisted retard did anything useful besides clean a floor, fix a truck, or move some boxes
>>
File: Navy Petty Officer Aimee Mejia.jpg (106KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
Navy Petty Officer Aimee Mejia.jpg
106KB, 634x634px
>>31980335
Crash a car and fuck over an entire command? No one's rank is as strong as an enlisted females.
>>
>>31979480
Describe your living situation with as much relevant detail as you can, and I'll help you
>>
>>31980470
>No one's rank is as strong as an enlisted females.

troof
>>
>>31980335
Fixing a truck can literally be the difference between success and failure. Modern wars are 95% logistics.
>>
>>31980302
Because they don't have the money or writing talent to make interesting and memorable lower enlisted characters.
>>
>>31980470
>when the balls are inert but even they gotta hit that
>>
Anyone have a guess if Trump will remove Obama's prohibition on members of "extremist organizations" from joining the military?
>>
>>31980531
Makes it hard to believe Picard would be constantly teleporting down to dangerous planets on scouting missions and all that
>>
>>31980513
Having a good meal can literally be the difference between success and failure. Modern wars are 95% nutrition.
>>
>>31980577
such as?
>>
File: 1477081173146.jpg (267KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1477081173146.jpg
267KB, 900x1273px
>>31980302
>>31980335
>>31980531
Because the idiots writing those shows have never been in the military so they buy into the whole officers are gods meme. Officers are paper pushing fags who dont do shit expect get all the credit. If youve never actually been in the military then your opinion on this is meaningless.
>>
>>31980583
Was there a point you were trying to make, or...?
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 246x205px
>>31980583
Having a warm coat can literally be the difference between success and failure. Russian wars are 95% winter.
>>
>>31980612
Lower enlisted here.

Officers do shit, you just don't see it because you only ever hear about the plan from your SNCOs.
>>
File: US Presidents military.png (295KB, 462x475px) Image search: [Google]
US Presidents military.png
295KB, 462x475px
>>31980612
Remember all of those former enlisted Presidents?
>>
>>31980660
Whats your point? I hope you are not equating being an officer to success cause i can show you another stupid collage of officers getting fired for fucking up.

>>31980640
Youre either retarded or you joined yesterday. They just do paperwork. No manual labor and dont do 10% of the work enlisted do.
>>
>>31979985
This. And unless you are in some glorious war that has a """"good"""" purpose, then there isn't any honorable benefit in being a General either.
>>
>>31980678
Whats wrong, CO make you realize just how pathetic you are today?

Literally any O-1 has accomplished more than you enlisted faggots ever will
>>
>>31980660
>all of those Navy SWOs.

What is it about that job?
>>
>>31980703
>make you realize just how pathetic you are today?
That doesnt make any sense.

>Literally any O-1 has accomplished more than you enlisted faggots ever will
Oh i get it, you were either too fat/autistic and they wouldnt let you join.

>>31980706
>What is it about that job?
Its the catch all navy job. Degree is also irrelevant so when they drafted people they stuck em in as swos
>>
>>31980787
>>31980787
>>
File: 1478836848669.jpg (129KB, 849x1529px) Image search: [Google]
1478836848669.jpg
129KB, 849x1529px
>>31954548
>How do POGs live with themselves.
Re-enlisted bonuses, better barracks, better chow, more time off, learn a trade for the outside, time, tell civilians you know infantry tactics so you are pretty much infantry.
>>
>>31953251
Which branch are you thinking of joining?
>>
>>31980619
this guy gets it >>31980635
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.