[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MEG/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 54

File: HillaryTrap.jpg (162KB, 749x759px) Image search: [Google]
HillaryTrap.jpg
162KB, 749x759px
/MEG/ Military Enlistment General

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

Ask questions, answer questions, bitch about Air Force recruiters. Just keep it contained to this general.

I live in Texas, should I join the Air Reserves or the Air Guard?

What are the chances of getting an AGR slot?
>>
>>31915898
>I live in Texas, should I join the Air Reserves or the Air Guard?
>What are the chances of getting an AGR slot?
Me again (AGR from previous threads with various 3D AFSCs under my belt).

It's hard to say what the ease of getting an ARG slot will be, because different units are filled with different people. I was an AGR in one unit that was filled to the brim with ex-Marines and you know what they valued far more than technical aptitude, computer skills and ability to perform? They really valued people that were ex-Marines, nevermind how productive you actually were. It was mostly just about the way people carried themselves. Then there's my current unit. People that would've been set for CMSgt in my previous unit would be stuck at SSgt/TSgt in my current unit because we have shit to do.

That being said, if you're smart, have strong technical aptitude, and a proper attitude, there's a good chance of getting an AGR slot *IF* you're looking at a unit that has a bunch of AGR slots. Some units are stacked with technician positions and a handful of token AGR slots for something like counterdrug. Some units have none.

One thing to keep in mind in the guard: if you're not willing to move around, you might be severely stifling your career choices. I've kept an eye on AGR slots around the country for some years now, and Texas is not what I think of when it comes to states with units full of 3D AGR slots.
>>
>>31915898
so making traps on your property is illegal and sets you up for a lawsuit.

fun fact there
>>
>>31916566
But it's ok for parking garages to have spike strips?
>>
File: 13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg (822KB, 1330x800px) Image search: [Google]
13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg
822KB, 1330x800px
If you aint infantry, you aint shit
>>
>>31916617
>2012+4
>Walking into battle instead of letting our flying killbots win the war while you chill in an office browsing 4Chan.

What does it feel like to made obsolete, anon?
>>
i was taken to a few different psychologists as a teenager but never diagnosed with anything to my knowledge, is that enough to get rejected
>>
>>31916945
>infantry is obselete

nice one bro
>>
>>31916617
>alright kids who wants to be first to die horribly in combat for a politician today?
>FUCKIN HELL YEAH HOOhAH MARINE CORE GIT SUM I HAVE THE POWER OF GOD
>sit in motorpool pulling weeds for 4 years

whoever actually browses this thread to influence their decisions, maybe infantry is for you.

If not, youre probably smarter than this. go for an MOS that will actually make your life easier when you get out.
>>
>>31916617
>If you aint infantry, you aint shit
I don't want to be shit, so I'm fine with this.
>>
>>31916566
I was doing some yard work and left some trash on my lawn, sue me
>>
>>31915898
Nether.

The Military is for the lowest of the low. For fags, women and tranny's.

If you are a faggot I guess its a good idea. Otherwise, its a waste of fucking time.
>>
>>31916617
>my command and chief is a nigger
>now my command and chief is a women.
>Women and combat arms,
>women now in the draft.

Sorry, America isn't worth dying for.
>>
Posting from OSUT Family Day in Fort Benning, 11b
Ask me anything
>>
>>31917204
is your chain of command niggers and women?
>>
>>31917216
No
All white males up until the President and a few others that are Asian or black way up the line
One of my Drill Sergeants is black
I don't really give a fuck as long as there's no women
>>
>>31917226
you gonna get deployed any time soon?
>>
active duty air force here

If you can, go Active Guard. Easiness of Air Guard, but the same paycheck as Active Duty. Such a scam.
>>
>>31917033
They turned you away for being too fat or autistic amirite
>>
>>31917204
1 Get a change of clothes and don't wear your class B's around all weekend.
2. don't walk around whittlesey blvd (where all the stores and restaurants are with all your private buddies
3 dont buy a bunch of stupid shit
4 don't try and fuck a girl in columbus
5 dont come back today smelling like booze

>family Day
you aren't an 11b Yet faggot
>>
>>31917255
can you answer this >>31916972
>>
>>31917261
ok so you are gonna have to do some digging. I would call those psychologists and see if you can get any documents they still have on you. If they do then get them and go through them to make sure that you weren't diagnosed. if you weren't then you weren't. Some states have statutes for how long they can keep med docs and they destroy everything after that time so if you were and it has passed then you should be good. just remember what ever you tell someone in my position is the answer from that moment until the end of time.
>>
>>31917231

Maybe the Air Force is different, but people get fucking murdered over full-time guard positions for the Army. You better suck a lot of dick or be someone's nephew.
>>
>>31917445
>both of my uncles just retired from Army Guard
hmm maybe I should switch to Army
>>
File: 1462009908521.jpg (173KB, 992x876px) Image search: [Google]
1462009908521.jpg
173KB, 992x876px
>>31916566
>sets you up for a lawsuit.

Counter sue for yard and property damage
>>
>>31916617
Yag yas, look it up.
>>31916945
Always need a force on ground >>31916998
You sound angry, did your mom give you breakfast yet?
>>31917041
Just trolling and failing.

Sorry kids, you all fucking failed. Insert another token and try again.
>>
File: Time.jpg (169KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
Time.jpg
169KB, 700x466px
>just failed the OPAT beep test a third time
>>
>>31917502
jesus christ man, you need to start working on it dude.
>>
What's more energy-efficient for speed rather than distance?

short high cadence strides or long low cadence strides?
>>
File: IMG_0729.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0729.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Found a stand on campus today talking about enlistment and they were giving out pic related.
>>
File: 1476296299564.png (423KB, 1057x611px) Image search: [Google]
1476296299564.png
423KB, 1057x611px
>>31917534
Any serious runner will tell you theres is next to no difference between running styles. All that matters is tempo. If you up the tempo youre sprinting. Slow it and youre distance running.

Its all the same. Stay upright. Land on the mid of youre foot. Dont heel strike. Take shorter as opposed to longer strides.

Before any faggot disagrees with me you better go to runners world and read up.

Also chacnes are you dont need to worry about any of that. If you are having trouble running 1.5 miles its cause your fat and/or out of shape. Stop eating so much and start moving more and thatll fix your problem.
>>
>>31917517
8 months ago I could barely even complete half a mile, now I can do 1 mile in 10 mins. It's still very bad, I know, but I don't know what else to do. I've definitely made a lot of progress but not fast enough.

The medic at MEPS did notice I have mild pectus excavatum, which wasn't disqualifying, but I think my chestbowl is seriously affecting my breathing in intense cardio.

Fucking hell, I'm frustrated
>>
>>31917761
>8 months to go from half mile to 10 minute mile

Either get serious about it or find something else to do, because you're just dicking around.
>>
>>31915898
So, /meg/, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to join the US Armed Forces. I'm considering either the Army or the Navy, but outside of looking at the MOSs/rates from them, I can't really decide on what I want to do. I have a list, but, I can't really decide which is better. I don't have any relatives in the military so it's not like I can really ask anyone IRL.

The Army specialties I've looked at are Combat Engineer, Armored Crewman, and Human Intelligence, and the Navy ones are Master-at-Arms, Gunner's Mate, and Fire Controlman. I'm open to any suggestions you guys have!

Thanks!
>>
>>31917761
it took you 8 months to get from not being able to run a mile to a 10 minute mile? and you still can't do the beep test? you do understand that this is the US Army ? a 10 minute mile will get you kicked out. you are either fucking off or medically fucked up and need to either get faster or say something is wrong medically
>>
What's the best branch to join, /k/?
>>
File: 1478460434818-1726305574.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1478460434818-1726305574.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>31918619
If navy CTN
If army 35 series

t. Airforce linguist
>>
>>>Prior 18x here

Do not sign an 18x contract unless you're a physical freak. They're reclassing anyone who doesn't make it through the ENTIRE Q Course.
It doesn't matter you went to 11B AIT, you're going needs of the army.

I ended up 92y and I'm doing supply for 10th group. So it could be worse, but I had buddies who got small arms repair and ended up at the 82nd.

Ill be lurking off and on if anyone has any questions.
>>
>>31916617
Shut up you dirty leg.
>>
>>31917204
Ayyy what company? I was Charlie 2-19. You get your orders yet?
>>
>>31919279
Thanks for responding!

Are those intelligence jobs? What do those typically entail? I'm pretty curious about what the Air Force does as well.
>>
>>31918446
I know right. I can briskly walk a mile in 15.
>>
>>31919210
USMC
>>
>>31919210
Army has the largest choice of jobs.
Marines are only relevant because of their traditions and how they pretend they're better than the rest because of their stupid traditions and how they're told from day 1 how great they are.
Navy will put you on a ship, but you won't get shot at.
Air Force seems chill, women, higher asvab scores.
>>
File: 1477342063020.jpg (81KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
1477342063020.jpg
81KB, 500x661px
>>31919285
>Do not sign an 18x contract unless you're a physical freak
Duh?
Didnt everyone already know that?
>>31919343
This is surprisingly accurate
>>
>>31919305
E 2/54, Ft. Drum
>>
>>31917230
Maybe, maybe not. Too many rumors going around of 10th Mountain maybe deploying, I'll know sooner or later
>>
Who would willingly serve in the military with a potentially impending Clinton presidency?
>>
>>31919495
Someone who realizes it aint gonna make any difference at all who the president is.
>>
>>31919495
>not wanting to spend 90% of Basic getting lectured on how to avoid sexually harassing all the females in the army
>not wanting to confiscate guns from irradiated americans
>not wanting to sacrifice your life so a female soldier can live

What are you, some kind of WHITE MALE??
>>
>>31919516
Good point. Only the stupidest of stupid people would join at this point in time.
>>
File: 1478276532883.jpg (221KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1478276532883.jpg
221KB, 792x792px
>>31916617
>>
>>31919516
You must be trolling.

Between Hillary's anti-Russian paranoia, extreme war-hawkishness, and her being a beacon for the progressive left, even if she is with them only for votes, it will be a shit-show.
>>
>>31919450
I was in really good physical shape before coming in, but I got stopped before preselection because of the summer. They just don't do any sopc/sfas classes for a couple months and we just got FUCKING wrecked in the student company. So many mother fuckers quit.

It was insane.
>>31919466
Not terrible. Enjoy that winter.
>>
>>31915898
Is the growing progressivism in the military also a thing that screws white, male officers?

Surely the culture is still decent among fighter pilots and the like?
>>
>>31916945
>still believing in the immaculate warfare meme
>>
File: LZvoCrH.jpg (191KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
LZvoCrH.jpg
191KB, 720x960px
Paramedic turning 25 this month. I have a bachelor's degree.

If I enlisted in the NAVY what are the odds that I would be able to guarantee in my contract that I would be a corpsman? How long would my contract be? Do marines consider corps an to be "one of us"? Do I have any options to be able to take college courses while in the military?
>>
>>31919713
Don't sign anything unless you've got it in writing. But yeah. They can offer you the job. They definitely see you as one of the boys if you're not a douche bag. Tuition assistance is a thing in the army. Idk about the marines. I would assume so.
>>
>>31919713

Odds are you don't even get to work with the marines as a HM. Everybody wants to do FMF nowadays.
>>
File: 1425530680690.jpg (268KB, 596x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1425530680690.jpg
268KB, 596x1055px
>>31917033
>>
>>31920255
So what is the qualifier for that though? PT scores?
>>
>>31917460
Not just calling them gay bashers.
>>
Anyone infantry in the 82nd?
>>
>>31919285

wot was q course like lad
>>
Is being a tanker in the US Army worth it? I have this romantic view of being a tanker that stems from a childhood obsession with the German Panzers. What's it actually like, /k/? Is it worth it? Or should I pick another MOS?
>>
Air Force, trying to get a Fire Protection contract.
>>
>>31919713
As a medic you'd be a very overqualified HM.
Special Operations medics are more on your level. Just saying.
>>
>>31920636
Are you talking about those dive certified specops corpsmen or do you mean army?
>>
If hillary wins. don't enlist unless you are really just hard up.

don't let your friends or family enlist.

if recruiters come to your school or approach you in public. you scream "baby murderer".

We need to go full Post-Vietnam on the military until hillary is out of office.
>>
>>31920768
Any SOF
>>
Is there any MOS's that can get you HAZWOPER certification? Also, what the actual fuck is HAZWOPER, like what the fuck do you do with it?
>>
>>31920853
74D, but you'll end up in some POG supply room, cleaning pro masks.
>>
>>31920636
Not the guy you're responding to, but:

Medics/Corpsman are not going to be the same as an EMT.

When you're a Medic/Corpsman with some years of experience, maybe a deployment or so, you could basically take an EMT test as long as you familiarized yourself with what the test will cover, as your regular medical training wouldn't be as comprehensive or as specific, especially when it comes to brain related issues.

Going to SOCM (and with your experience training from SOCM graduates and doctors) will basically be the same as say, being a Doctor for 8 years except the only thing you ever deal with is trauma and you don't know anything about why people get sick or any kind of thing like that.

For people in SOF that aren't say, a specialized MOS (really looking at Ranger medics here), you'll basically go to SOCM as soon as you're ready/proven yourself.

With anything in SOF, the longer you're there, the more experience you'll get. The 18D course basically prepares them to be a surgeon, Ranger medics or similar would eventually get this same level of training, though the Regiment carries their own surgeons in house.

I'll also clarify that it's not like SOF medics can't assess illnesses and whatnot, but it's mostly on an (inpatient?) basis. The medical training in SOF units in general is extremely high, to the point where they host 1 week EMT cert courses and most people pass them with ease.
>>
Hi, dumbass here looking to join the Chair Force. I asked once before in a thread what intelligence jobs would be best, got back the answer 1n1x1, otherwise all other AF intel jobs are shit and not taken seriously. Looking for more info on that 1n1x1 AFSC, like tech schools, deployment options, how much I'll want to blow my brains out after a year.

Also, what AFSC would help me best at getting a job in movie/TV production?
>>
>>31917004
They could. Easily actually
>>
>>31920880
Damn. Maybe if Shillary is elected president, she'll start using chem warfare again against Russia, making the Chem Corps not useless.
>>
What sort of roles are open up to navy reservists vs full time
>>
>>31919279
Protip: If you're still at DLI, you're not a linguist and you have no idea what the job is like.
>>
Is their a maximum height?
t. 6'9"
>>
>>31920883
So how does corpsman fit into that paradigm and scope of practice compared to EMTS, civvie paramedics, and SOFCM
>>
>>31921183
I'm not 100% familiar with Corpsman training, but I know their A school is roughly the same length as a Medics AIT. I would imagine the training is similar.
>>
>>31921183
>>31921238
I would also say that, it's important to research what you want to do in the military and find out how easy it is to get that job.

If you want to be a Corpsman, do you want to work with SEAL Teams, Marines, or on a ship? At a hospital? I don't know the process for doing any of these, but for Medics, if you want to be a real Medic you aren't guaranteed to be a real Medic unless you sign up for something like 11X. You could always, in the future, put in the paperwork so you can go to Airborne/RASP/SFAS, but nothing is a guarantee and shit happens.

The Air Force also has good high speed options for medical personnel via their PJ's, or if you want to have some medical experience but also do something new, you could try JTAC or CCT schools.
>>
>>31920883
I'm saying the SOF medic's scope of practice is more akin to the civilian Paramedic rather than the EMT. He's already a paramedic so he'd be better suited for SOF.
>>
File: pokemon.gif (441KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.gif
441KB, 500x334px
Has anyone here failed the Air Force EDPT? I want to become a computer programmer.
>>
>>31921288
Yeah but I can't just walk into a recruiter and go "make me specops"

It's not even a sure shot tgat if corpsman was what I got, that I'd be attached to marines instead of in a hospital. So how do I do this? And then how do I cross the bridge into some sort of JSOC medic? What about doing PA training thru the navy? Are any medics ever officers?
>>
>>31921525
You want a shot at SARC if you want to go through the SOCM pipeline as a corpsman. Or go FMF to be attached to the marines, wherever that might be. You're not getting that in a contract though that's once you're in basic/A school. If you want special operations in your contract go SEAL or 18x in the army to have a shot at them.

Medics aren't officers, besides doctors and nurses and PAs that already come in with the degree or through HPSP. There are programs that also pay for PA school while in the military but you'd obviously owe them more time once you graduate
>>
>>31919495
I ship out the day after the election, how fucked am I?
>>
>>31921525
Oh no doubt. Army you can go in with an Op 40 68w (ranger medic) contract and so long as you pass all your shit you will be a SOF medic. 18x as well for SF.
>>
>>31921684
Well considering the president doesn't take power until January, you have 2 months to get yourself dq'd if Clinton wins.
>>
>>31919285
>Prior 18x here
at what point in the pipeline did you wash out?
>>
>>31920575
enjoy endless hours in a motor pool that's hot as hell/cold as hell/ raining, while you break track, or pull an engine. Or when you come back from the filed, you first stop is at the Division wash rack, where you will wait several hours for your unit to get their turn. Then it will be the middle of the night, cold, and rainy while you try to wash all that damn Texas mud out.
>>
>>31920793
How does that do anything?
>>
>>31921525
>>31921616

I don't know what it's like to be an officer in other branches and also try to be a medic or whatnot.

You can be a PA and be attached to a SOF unit, but you're still just a PA. If you're an actual doctor, you're more likely to go on a mission. In the Rangers for example, everyone can go on missions, but the docs are actually required to go if there's a known risk, hostages, or it's some kind of company/battalion sized op.

Like the other guy said, you can get RASP in your contract in order to be a Ranger medic, then all you have to do is use your time in basic/AIT to make sure you are mentally and physically tough.

You can go 18X, and you'll more than likely be chosen for 18D school based on your training.

Pretty sure you can enlist as a PJ as well, as I knew a bunch of guys when I was going through schools who were basically just privates in their initial pipeline.

If >>31921616 could expand on how to ensure you're a SEAL Corpsman or Marine Corpsman, then that would cover all the bases.
>>
>>31920883
>For people in SOF that aren't say, a specialized MOS (really looking at Ranger medics here), you'll basically go to SOCM as soon as you're ready/proven yourself.
All Ranger medics, green or not, are SOCM grads/ATP certified - it's part of the pipeline, not something that you do later.

The latter half of the 18D pipeline is related to clinical/veterinary medicine - 18Ds aren't any more of a surgeon than a 160th Flight Medic, SARCs, etc.
>>
What 1n afsc is least shit? Otherwise looking at cyber transport as my top pick
>>
>>31921876
Why would Clinton be worse? She's more of a hawk than Trump.
>>
File: 1475718665578.jpg (275KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475718665578.jpg
275KB, 683x1024px
>>31919581
>I was in really good physical shape before coming in, but I got stopped before preselection because of the summer. They just don't do any sopc/sfas classes for a couple months and we just got FUCKING wrecked in the student company. So many mother fuckers quit.
Yo if youre still here could you explain more about this.
>>
>>31922947
Thats their point. These pussies cant make up their minds. Theyre saying she wants war with Russia too much. Apparalently too little war is bad but also too much war is bad. Gotta hit war right in the sweet spot it seems like.
>>
Is 19K a good MOS?
>>
>>31919285
I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to know that the odds of passing through q course are extremely slim for a reason, but with that said, if you did want to attempt that route is there a better way to do it? Maybe you could try ranger school or something?
>>
>>31920793
How is this any better than Donald "we need to take their oil" Trump?
>>
Graduating in May with a degree in Criminal Justice.

Currently applying for State Police, but if that falls through I want to do some kind of military service to up my chances for getting a Federal CJ job.

Should I do the National Guard, and then reapply to the State Police when the time comes? Or should I try for OCS or just enlist and do my four years?
>>
>>31922382
drop enlistment rates significantly and give the military staffing problems.

they either have to raise pay and benefits to make it attractive, or realize that they can't dick around in the Middle East anymore.
>>
File: 1461392171406.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1461392171406.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>31923287
>I don't like Hillary because she like war so much
>I hate Hillary so much that I'm willing to start a civil war to fight her presidency.
I just...
>>
>>31923657
we spent a trillion dollars on Iraq. China gets most of their oil.

the USA should at least have preferential status in buying oil from Iraq.
>>
>>31923699
USA can make it's own oil.
>>
>>31923684
hillary's war is unjust and for the profit of her globalist cronies.

civil war will be just if we remove the oligarchy that has taken control of the USA.
>>
Considering Enlisting into the national guard, but i have a reckless driving and a possession of loaded handgun without permit charge. Am i gonna get turned away?
>>
>>31921164
Yes, there's a height & weight chart

I think you might be too tall m8, I'm sorry. Definitely double check tho Even if you are past the limit, there is a chance to get a waiver

>as a side note, there's alot of shit that's waivable, so if you're concerned about it, just ask
>>
As a 68w option 40, would I get to do cool stuff with the rest of the cool kids, or would I just sit on base all day?
>>
>>31923699
It doesn't really matter where their oil goes. If Iraq sells all their oil to China, then that's a lot of oil that China isn't buying from, say, Saudi Arabia. That leaves more oil from other sources for the US. Unless you piss off 90% of the oil production in the world like we did in 73, where oil goes from one country to another doesn't matter a whole ton.
>>
>>31923755
You'd be right out there with the 11Bs doing direct action. Rangers need medics with them, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiKVGAdgaEE
>>
File: 1475727370034.jpg (347KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475727370034.jpg
347KB, 1080x1920px
>>31923707
>civil war will be just if we remove the oligarchy that has taken control of the USA.
>tips
>>31923684
What you guys dont understand is some people just want to fight for fightings sake. The war doesnt have to be for some just cause, most people in the military just want a job and want to see some action. The reason why is irrelevant. Most people in infantry cant wait to deploy so they can get down and dirty. Again if you asked them does the reason matter theyre gonna say hell no lets just go fight.
>>
>>31923659
NG has its own OCS program as well.
>>
File: lieutenants.jpg (215KB, 662x600px) Image search: [Google]
lieutenants.jpg
215KB, 662x600px
>>31920959

Bumping previous post.
>>
File: 1478405021591.gif (237KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478405021591.gif
237KB, 640x400px
Anyone here have any experience or know anything about 1C6X1(Space Systems Operations)? Sounds like its not shit, but just want to make sure it won't make me want to kill myself.
>>
I've started the process.
I signed all the papers.

They said I'd be hearing from them soon

It was fucking 6 months ago
Why aren't I in basic yet?
>>
>>31924539
Did you go to meps?
>>
>>31924770
I'm not American so I'm not sure what that is.
Google tells me that its like an aptitude test?

If so, then yes.
I got a "Very competitive" ranking.
Whatever that means
>>
>>31924813
Oh nevermind. Once you go to MEPS you're in the system and go to jail if you don't go to basic, which is why I asked. Before that you're just talking with the recruiter and filling out random forms, after that you actually have obligations and have to contact your recruiters regularly and whatnot

Hope it goes well
>>
File: 32.jpg (41KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
41KB, 600x477px
>I want to be a pilot
>>
>>31924882
I had a friend, once, who qualified.
But he chose to play music in the AF band

I think he's happy
>>
>>31924813
What country
>>
File: IMG_3595.jpg (140KB, 912x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3595.jpg
140KB, 912x600px
I have a GED does this ruin any chances of me getting an op40 contract?
>>
>>31924947
Canada

If I've messed up some abbreviation, I don't know.
I'm just saying what I've been told
>>
so i joined the airforce as an enlisted, but when im done can i finish college and rejoin as an officer?
>>
>>31916566
It's needed for the structure faggot
>>
>>31925016
Talk to your recruiter.
Most of the time they're all about people going officer
>>
mfw the strawpoll i made a year ago is now at 3000 votes
we done good fellas. cheers
>>
>>31925248
3000 votes isn't much

I get that much on reddit every other week
>>
>>31925255
hey man my good old man we're a rare breed! not many of our countries finest enlisted come from an anonymous peruvian gaming board
>>
>>31925278
Negro, I'm gonna go further than this.
They tell me that less than 200 do my trade.
I'm gonna take this Laosian semaphore bulletin board to the future
>>
>>31919495

Well, I'm going to serve either way if she wins....

If Trump wins, I'm enlisting once I get my fat ass in shape. Just need to shed like 20 pounds and work on my cardio.
>>
>>31925278
>an anonymous peruvian gaming board
>>31925322
>this Laosian semaphore bulletin board

>quickest way to spot a redditor
>>
someone please answer-
I have self harm scars on legs and arms from when i was a faggot 14 year old rebelling against whatever dumb shit a faggot 14 year old rebels against. Since that time i've calmed down, gotten nearly all the way through my degree program (electrican engineering with minor in moonrune language) and I'm considering entering Navy after graduation to do OTS, my only worry is that these fucking scars didn't heal right and i'll be DQ'd over it. Should I just say it's from lawnwork? I just wanna kill some russians so bad.
>>
>>31916374
Oh hey!

I'm looking into becoming an 3d1x2 or 3d0x2 and yeah, I'm willing to move around.

What are some of those states that happen to have units with a good bit of AGR slots for that position or 3d in general? Maybe ranked from best to worst, or five best and five worst?

>>31917231
That's the plan, man.

I just don't know how hard it's going to be to do that.

>>31917445
And this scares me a bit.

>>31921401
> I want to become a computer programmer.
Good luck.

I hear that all the programming work is contracted out.
>>
>>31926073
>What are some of those states that happen to have units with a good bit of AGR slots for that position or 3d in general? Maybe ranked from best to worst, or five best and five worst?
Offhand, I see lots of AGR jobs opening up in New York. There's a unit in Wyoming that is 80 AGRs (including cops). There's a unit in Utah that has a substantial number of AGR positions. Washington has WADS (Western Air Defense Sector) which has AGR slots. I used to watch the CA HRO page quite a bit and they have AGR slots here and there.

I don't think Montana has any Air AGR positions. The only place I'm aware of that almost never has any is New Mexico. I've never seen an AGR position there... probably don't have any at all. Or maybe their website just never gets updated.

You can look for yourself by just googling for HRO and then the state name. You should've seen the state of state web pages 10 years ago. It was horrendous. Some pages looked like they were made in 1996 by a kid and left that way (grey background, centered text). I remember Hawaii's website used to be peppered with blink tags. I guess nobody else viewed the page with something other than IE... in Mozilla based browsers, large chunks of the pages would blink. So bad.
>>
File: 1444925773184.jpg (138KB, 736x721px) Image search: [Google]
1444925773184.jpg
138KB, 736x721px
UK here

Want to go for Officer in Royal Marines but I haven't got a degree (I meet other requirements).

Main thing I'm worried about is that I've dropped out of Uni twice. I don't think they'll take me because of that.

Any experience from yanks or brits in this position?
>>
File: 1455162932347.gif (980KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1455162932347.gif
980KB, 245x250px
>>31915898
I took the semester off to do just this. Took the ASVAB scored high. passed medical with ease. time came to sign the papers and they were only willing to offer me a job that I didn't want. Talk to a recruiter, go on the ang website and see what jobs are available in your area. If college is your goal try getting into an ROTC program. If not I would say just join the airforce outright and make a career out of it.
>>
>got 265 PT in AIT
>Get to unit a month ago
>2 weeks in-processing
>3 weeks in the field
>no PT whole time
>First PT test today
>get a 55 on the situps
What kind of discharge will I get?
Will it at least be general so I can lie to family and friends and say it was some sort of medical issue?
>>
File: 1470685710780.jpg (2MB, 4268x3100px) Image search: [Google]
1470685710780.jpg
2MB, 4268x3100px
Would it be a good idea to repeat C25k but running faster?
>>
File: CwpXdPlVEAAX4Vx.jpg (150KB, 660x1100px) Image search: [Google]
CwpXdPlVEAAX4Vx.jpg
150KB, 660x1100px
DRUMPF REDNECKS
>>
>>31922610
>If >>31921616 (You) could expand on how to ensure you're a SEAL Corpsman or Marine Corpsman, then that would cover all the bases.
You can't enlist and ensure that. You probably will be given a shot at SARC though at basic/A school but FMF totally depends on a bunch of other factors too, including whether or not they even need one
>>
>>31926282
Just enlist
>>
>>31926561
Why the fuck didn't you do any PT by yourself?
>>
File: 1477224302832.png (54KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
1477224302832.png
54KB, 500x509px
>>31926815
That doesnt make any sense you dumb mong. How about instead of being a moron you follow the next program on there couch -10k or whatever. You idiots dont realize that the more you can run in the long term the faster you can run in the short term. In other words by being able to jog a 10k you can easily run 2 miles.
>>
>tfw haven't run in two weeks
How much of a cakewalk is AF basic?
>>
>>31926561
>>31926844
More importantly, how did you fail situps lol.

Honestly, failing the PT test in any manner is shameful and degenerate. The standards are such that you should, as a man, be able to force yourself to meet them through proper mindset.

And in all honesty, you should be able to get 90% doing that.
>>
I am 25. Barely graduated High School (not stupid, just had issues), barely going to finish getting my AS in comp languages (by barely finish I mean probably wont). Life is going nowhere, have always been interested in joining the military. Never had the balls to do it, or wasn't mentally mature enough for it yet.

I'm 6'8'' 215lbs not exactly in the best shape of my life. My cardio is shit but I can lift. Is there any branch that would accept a worthless sack of shit like me? I'm at the end of my rope and considering just signing my life away. Surely some poor branch will accept some ass like me. General labor positions in the military are always in need even during peace time, right?
>>
>>31921045
>They could. Easily actually
Yeah they can sue but they would lose, simply put they would have no mens rea on the defendant and the only way that the sign could possible hurt someone is if they broke several laws in the first place e.g trespassing on private property, destruction of private property. any tort court (sans the U.K due to the Occupiers' liability act 1984) would view the driver as the offending party
>>
Is anyone here in JSOC? I would like a discussion. I'm currently with 4/25 and plan on going to selection in February. My medical packet is already done and I'm following the Thor3 program
>>
>>31927880
What are your questions? I never did selection but plenty of friends did, some passed, some didn't, some didn't get selected regardless.
>>
>>31920406
Wouldn't know, my class got caught in the summer hold and I ended up getting the shit smoked out of me for a month and a half until I got injured and dropped. They stop pre selection and selection classes for the summer time.

I was about a month and a half away from the next class.

>>31921986
See above

>>31923635
Be a fucking champ athlete, have a "no quit mentality", having some time in the army to know how it works will help.

But shit like selection, SUT, ranger, RASP are all very physical and VERY mental. You gotta be a tough motherfucker. Also a little bit of luck.
>>
>>31923147
Hey, hope you're still lurking.

So I graduated 11b OSUT in early May, skipped the airborne school holdover stuff, started airborne school and was at bragg right before June started.

We missed the last SOPC(pre selection) class by a week or two and they DONT do any SOPC/SFAS selection in the really hot summer months. June/July/August.

So we ended up in the "student company" where we would do really hard runs,rucks, and overall PT... with the weekly HARDEST SMOKING OF YOUR FUCKING LIFE. People quitting left and right every single week, with new people coming from airborne school every other week.

If you make it through the student company, you begin SOPC, then onto selection.

If you quit, don't pass SOPC, don't get selected, or get dropped from the course at any time... you're done.
The story when I was there was that all 18x were getting reclassed to NEEDS OF THE ARMY because 11b was filled.
Rigger/mechanic/cook/small arms repair/construction crew/cav scout/ supply(me ayylmao)

Some of us ended up at SOF units, some didn't.
>>
>>31926561
They'll put you on a diet and you'll get another PT test. You'll be good, you fat slob...
>>
>>31927405
All questions
>yes
>>
How many people actually get thrown out of MEPS for flat feet? I've got a really minor case and can do without insoles, do I need to be worried?
>>
>>31927880
Ohhhhh I am lurkinnn.

1-10 SOF here. Interested too...
>>
>>31928232
no
>>
Would I see more cool shit in the AF or Navy?

What are the odds of being put on a boat if I enlisted in the Navy?
>>
>>31928011

What was some of their best advice for getting through selection? I have the clearance, I'm airborne, 127 GT, E-3. Only thing I'm lacking is PT (around 230). I work with plenty of people from group support units. My NCO is from 5th. But I haven't spoken to anyone who has personally been through selection. NCO tells me to keep hush hush about going in my company. I'm looking for any advice, stories, experience. Trying for 18D or 18E and Russian
>>
>>31929033
Oh you meant SFAS.

You mentioned JSOC, and since Group isn't in JSOC, I assumed you meant something else.

There's a guy who went 18X who already posted in this thread.

That said, lots of guys I know went to SFAS too, I don't think any ever failed.

You're looking at PT, mental toughness, and intelligence. There is nothing in the Army that you can't accomplish, there are only things you won't let yourself accomplish.

In terms of hard skills, most people fail land nav. Everything else is physical and mental.

1/?
>>
>>31929195

I think my experience going to RIP might help you more, so I'll tell a story.

I went to basic/AIT, deployed a couple months after getting to my unit, spent an ungodly amount of time overseas, and midway through I decided to drop a RIP packet for when I got back.

Hazing, getting smoked, etc, all of that is no problem, I've been deployed and I actually think the cadre are hilarious with how they fuck with these kids. Never once thought about quitting during all the mind games, always had a good time.

Ruck out to Cole Range, shit gets real for most people.

Many people fail time for ruck. Many people fail ensuing land nav.

It's now evening, it's cold out. Cadre ask us if anyone wants to quit, they have a fire, pizza, hot dogs, beers. It's okay to quit (dying laughing at these fools running over to that shit), just step out of formation folks.

Everyone who remains gets the fucking shit smoked out of them. Everyone lays on the ground, closes their eyes while blinding their peripheral with their hands. People are asked who wants to quit again, I don't even remember these people.

We have to set up patrol base, it's very dark and very late. Tired and cold from sweat. Patrol base is completely fucked up. There's a small pond at Cole Range, so we get bull rushed over to it and everyone needs to get in. People who don't get all the way in are recycled. Flutter kicks in the pond, soaking wet.

Stand in formation again, more people leave. Freezing. Set up patrol base. Piss myself to stay warm, never felt so good.

Next day chow comes, food is for all the people who quit (class is like a ghost class now), we eat our meals quickly with no talking. Stand in formation, tons of food left. Oh hell no, that food must be eaten. Cadre start knocking it all over the ground, tell us to clean it up. Once it's all in trash bags, then they smash it up and we need to eat it all. People are puking all over,

2/?
>>
>>31929244
I'm loving this so far, please continue. What unit are you currently at?
>>
>>31929244
I'm thinking fuck, are we gonna eat puke now so none of it goes to waste? This shit is hilarious.

Anyone who pukes up the governments food is recycled. People are offered a a chance to leave so they don't have to eat trashbag food. By this time I think even the new boots could see what would happen.

Anyone who didn't quit would suffer something even more horrible, and they did. This goes on for all of Cole Range, but when you get back, it's more professional and you only get shit on if people do dumb shit.

This is the way the Army works, the way basic works, the way RIP/RASP works, the way Ranger school works, it's all the same.

SFAS is not. There are always mind games to fuck with people because it tests mental fortitude, but it's not the same level as something like RIP.

You are essentially expected to be able to do all of the things they present you with technically, and to be able to learn (quickly) that which you do not.

You will be physically worn down and mentally exhausted, and then you'll be expected to perform tasks without supervision while working as a team.

Like I said, there's nothing in the Army you can't do.

3/3
>>
>>31929244
Is RIP Ranger?
>>
>>31929310
It's RASP
>>
>>31929310
>>31929317
RASP now. When I went it was still RIP.

RIP was just a fuck you slugfest, like a month long hell week.

RASP incorporates more training so people don't pass RIP but get to Regiment with no skills or tests for their aptitude and then have to be kicked out in 3 months.

It also links senior leaders from RASP II up with the RASP class so that those leaders can pass on skills and exhibit their leadership capabilities, etc.
>>
>>31928183
>they DONT do any SOPC/SFAS selection in the really hot summer months. June/July/August.
Hmmmmm very interesting.
>>
File: CG 88.jpg (214KB, 1000x687px) Image search: [Google]
CG 88.jpg
214KB, 1000x687px
What career do you guys think would be more rewarding and exciting? Navy Surface Warfare Officer, Navy Submarine Officer, or Coast Guard Cutter Officer, and why?
>>
>>31929429
Which is actually kind of funny because I have some good stories about going through Darby and Mountains in July/August.
>>
>>31929739
>through Darby and Mountains
Id love to hear em but i dont even know what that is.
Anyway this is very interesting to me cause im trying to get a contract as we speak so we'll see what happens.
>>
>>31929623
>rewarding and exciting
>Officer
Mate you been memed. Officers dont do anything exciting. Hunt for red october aint real.
>>
>>31916998
>hooah!
>marines
At least mommy helped get the MOS part right.
>>
>>31929306
18x here. This was good. Very good.
>>
>>31929833
18x guy here. If I were you, I wouldn't put my eggs into that basket. It's your life, the only 18x I know who got selected has a 135 GT score and went to Olympic time trials in 2008 and 2012 for swimming.

There are SO many jobs in the army. Request airborne. Try and get a secret clearance. These will allll get you closer to being in a SOF unit and with group support(the best place to be"

Airborne units have more funding and deployments anyways!!
>>
>>31929844
Most rewarding and exciting for Officers
>>
>>31930142
That said, a Ranger contract is easy enough to get and pass if you are the right type of person.

>>31929833
Darby and Mountains are the first two phases of The Army's Ranger Leadership School tm.

So.

Be in Darby phase, still doing squads instead of platoon work. Entire class of 200 or so wackos is spread out amongst the woods in 10 man squads.

I'm from 2/75, so I spent a week in GA to acclimate to the June/July humidity and heat. Then you do pre-Ranger, then you go to school. If you make one (series) of mistake(s) it's not only heat stroke and out of the course until a winter phase, but it's also life or death.

Easy to fail to hydrate and take care of yourself as you get fatigued, part of the training really.

Anyway, it's the hottest day so far, of a string of hottest days. It's really taking its toll on everyone, and this day is made worse by trekking through mountains, and the trees had no foliage (shade).

Every time someone gets heat stroke, all patrols stop, take off their rucks, and hydrate/sit in shade (if available).

I'm losing it, know I'm fucked but I gotta keep going. I'm not hydrated well enough and it isn't fixing itself.

I'm literally walking around hoping other people basically die so I can get a break because if they don't I will.

That's Ranger School.
>>
>>31915898
State guard
>>
>>31930212
>Most rewarding and exciting for Officers
No it isnt you idiot i just said that
>>
>>31930142
>I wouldn't put my eggs into that basket
im prior service. its what i gotta do mate
>>
>>31929623
SWO is neither, I would think NUPOC would be most rewarding and a Cutter officer would be most exciting. Though nuke is straight ass and probably only rewarding in money and the fact you carry around nukes if you go boomer
>>
>>31927405
6'8 215 jesus christ manute bol go play basketball or scare the fuck out of kids being a pe teacher.

Whatever you do, don't go infantry you are too tall.

Just pick cyber security or logistics.
>>
File: 1475717283769.jpg (111KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475717283769.jpg
111KB, 500x700px
>>31931273
People who've never served shouldnt give advice.
Being NUPOC is lame and youre gonna wanna kill yourself.
Being a SWO is better than some faggy cutter officer.
Cutters are old rusty pieces of shit just like the coast guard in general. Being a SWO you could be on a destroyer or a cruiser which is more powerful then the entire coast guard and youll actually patrol countries that matter.
Being on a boomer will be cool for about the first week then youre gonna wanna commit suicide.
>>
File: marines maybe.png (102KB, 1460x790px) Image search: [Google]
marines maybe.png
102KB, 1460x790px
/k/ is this shit legit?
I got an email and I'm wondering how, maybe google sold my searches to them (I have been considering OCS).
Is the address legitimate? Comments on the program?
Benefits look pretty good, $5,400 for 10 weeks (what can I expect?) which is on par with my current internship (6k for 10 weeks, but Im assuming this program will feed me)
>>
File: CG 83.jpg (696KB, 2700x1496px) Image search: [Google]
CG 83.jpg
696KB, 2700x1496px
>>31931401
>>31931684
What exactly does a coast guard cutter officer do generally? Why would or wouldnt it be exciting?

Is being a SWO really that much different?
>>
>>31931684
what if you apply for SWO(N) through the NUPOC program
>>
>>31930142
I'm Airborne and stationed at 4/25. This unit is DEAD
>>
File: 1477343774377.jpg (84KB, 456x810px) Image search: [Google]
1477343774377.jpg
84KB, 456x810px
>>31931786
Look man i wasnt in the coast guard so i cant tell you word for word. I was navy.
>Is being a SWO really that much different?
At the end of the day of course. Compare and contrast the Navy and Coast Guard in the first place. The Navy can go anywhere and the Coast Guard definitely cannot and does not. I just dont see why anyone would limit themselves in the Coast Guard.

>>31931830
Listen we tell you people every single thread that being involved with NUKE in any regard is a death sentence. Doesnt matter if its officer or enlisted. Its going to be insanely boring and thankless work and you are going to pigeon hole your career. Do literally anything else besides NUKE related stuff.
>>
File: CG 78.jpg (904KB, 4490x2969px) Image search: [Google]
CG 78.jpg
904KB, 4490x2969px
>>31931929
I mean... as a SWO you are basically just driving a boat around and patrolling doing basically nothing else. At least on a cutter you get to actually make contact with the enemy and board their ship and get some CQC training if you join a boarding team as well.
>>
>>31924979
If you have a GED with a minimum of 15 Semester Hours or 22 Quarter hours you are in the tier 1 education bracket. Unless you have those extra credit hours you are screwed. Additionally you have to score a 50 on the asvab and obtain a 105 GT score which is non waiverable. Additionally you have to obtain a secret security clearance and have no drug or criminal history. So if you have any charges that require a waiver you cant get an option 40.
>>
File: 1478313326168.jpg (149KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478313326168.jpg
149KB, 1024x1024px
>>31932006
>as a SWO you are basically just driving a boat around and patrolling doing basically nothing else
Please tell me how you know this?
>At least on a cutter you get to actually make contact with the enemy
So youre implying the Navy doesnt "make contact"
>get some CQC training if you join a boarding team as well.
Again youve been memed.

Mate, what the coast Guard does in the US the Navy does everywhere else. Who do you think searches/boards/rescues ships in the oceans and near other countries? The Navy obviously. The Navy has boarding teams as well called VBSS and guess what, SWOs are on it. Not to mention as a SWO you may track subs, air planes and keep an eye on the middle east. But all this is irrelevant. If you wanna play with guns then just go SEAL or something. Your main mission/job as either a SWO or cutter officer is management shit it aint kicking in doors on boats.
>>
>>31932172
Informative. Thank you for clarifying these things. Btw thanks for the beautiful girls too.
>>
ENLISTEDFAGS

Honest question: Is pic related seriously the most successful non-SOF senior enlisted person?

Don't you find that a bit embarrassing? Or is "shame" a foreign concept for conventional enlisted?
>>
File: 1453358938074.jpg (53KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453358938074.jpg
53KB, 768x1024px
>>31932234
Yep just trying to help. I see these type of questions all the time.
>If I do x can i play with guns???
Like if you wanna be billy badass then just go all the way. Seals and SF always need people. Harder to get an officer slot but they take enlisted all day long.
>>
>>31932245
>ENLISTEDFAGS
http://www.military.com/veterans-day/top-10-celebrity-veterans.html
Meanwhile the shill i'm replying to cant even get in cause hes fat and autistic.
>>
>>31932245
didnt even know Cosby served Tbh
>>
>>31931741
bump
>>
>>31917237
Jokes on you it was both.
>>
>>31928682
Air force, they have the best special ops / battlefield positions out of all the branches. Most people don't know anything about them though so you don't hear much. The odds of making any of the big four jobs ( CCT, PJ, SOWT,TACP )is very slim though so its probably not for you.
>>
>>31932896
>Air force, they have the best special ops / battlefield positions out of all the branches
cringe
>>
Just recently enlisted in the Army as an MP and an E-2
8 year contract. 5 active, 3 reserve
Ship in January for basic to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. AIT is in the same location
How badly did I fuck up /meg/?
>>
>>31928232
I didn't know I had flat feet til I went through meps and I swore in the same day. You'll be ok anon.
>>
>>31933518
>How badly did I fuck up /meg/?
Severly
>MP
Trash as fuck. Constantly told not to go MP. You still go MP.
>5 years
>only e-2
You tellin me they suckered you into 5 years and all you got for it was a bump to E-2?
>>
>>31933819
>Severly
oh boy

>Trash as fuck. Constantly told not to go MP. You still go MP.
Nobody told me not to go MP beforehand. And it's one of the few jobs I was allowed to do because colorblindness.

>You tellin me they suckered you into 5 years and all you got for it was a bump to E-2?
Apparently the 8 year contract I got is the minimum right now for all branches. That's what all the other guys I went through MEPS with got.
And the bump uo to E-2 wasn't because of the length of contract, but for being an Eagle Scout. I can get bumped up to E-3 before basic though if I finish all the future soldier training or whatever it's called.
>>
>>31925824
>I have self harm scars
Just stop, it's already over
>I just wanna kill some russians so bad
Looks like you're still that faggot 14 year old
>>
>>31933917
They lied to you. Completely colorblind medic here. Have fun writing parking tickets to hard working sevicemembers and being gate guard on weekends.
>>
>>31933917
>Apparently the 8 year contract I got is the minimum right now for all branches

the 8 year military service obligation is the same for all branches. how ever once you are done with your initial contract then you go into the IRR. Surprised your recruiter didn't explain this to you.

now you taking the 5 year active contract thats a big leap bruh. did you get a bonus? its been a minute since i've looked at 31B reservations and the enlistment options they carry.

its a thankless job but you'll be fine. you'll see the worst of soldiers damn near every day.
>>
>>31934608
Medic was one of the things I could do, but I had no interest in it
Tried to get Dog Handler, but apparently it wasn't available.
And apparently I'm too colorblind to even be a translator.

>Have fun writing parking tickets to hard working sevicemembers and being gate guard on weekends.
Sounds better than the other jobs I was being offered.

>>31934709
>the 8 year military service obligation is the same for all branches. how ever once you are done with your initial contract then you go into the IRR. Surprised your recruiter didn't explain this to you.
Didn't explain a bit of that, thanks m8

>did you get a bonus?
No, I didn't. No bonus was being offered for going in as an MP

>its a thankless job but you'll be fine. you'll see the worst of soldiers damn near every day.
Sounds better than the other jobs I had available to me
>>
File: medicgadsden.png (719KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
medicgadsden.png
719KB, 2000x1333px
Just graduated A School for Navy Corpsman FMF. Got 2nd Marine Division in good ol Lejeune. If anyone has any questions about the schooling, going FMF, SOCP (Special Operations Corpsman Program, a little something I did during school), or anything related in general, ask away
>>
>>31925824
See if you can get away with it imho. That's a good story that I would use. I almost got dq'd from the Navy because of a scar on my chest, but that was because I opened my mouth too much about it and too many assumptions were made.

If you can get past MEPS, you're already in. From there on, if your recruiter doesn't know about something you did, it never happened.

Give it a shot
>>
>>31933917
>Nobody told me not to go MP beforehand.
Is this your first time here??? All we say is avoid MP,Security, and MA like the fucking plague.

>Apparently the 8 year contract
Ya you turd the IRR part doesnt mean shit. Its the active 5 im worried about. See what >>31934709 Said

>>31934810
>Didn't explain a bit of that, thanks m8
Didnt you fucking read what you were signing???

Look what we are trying to figure out is why you have to do 5 active instead of the normal 4. Most contracts are 4 & 4. That means 4 active then 4 in the IRR which doesnt mean anything. So the fact you have 5&3 is fishy. Usually its cause you get auto promote to E-4 or a bonus or something like that.

>Sounds better than the other jobs I had available to me
Like what?

>>31934858
Just wanted to say good job. I was navy and always thought going FMF or SARC woudlve been neat.
>>
>>31935062
>Just wanted to say good job
Thanks dude. I'm happy as shit with what I got so far.
What stopped you from going SARC or FMF, man?
>>
>>31932447
Makes sense though. E-7, a rapist.
>>
>>31925824
>I just wanna kill some russians so bad.
kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>31934858
How'd you get selected for FMF
>>
File: RedHeadBeauty.jpg (51KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
RedHeadBeauty.jpg
51KB, 720x720px
>>31935103
>What stopped you from going SARC or FMF, man?
Oh i wasnt a HM at all. Im just saying it sounded cool. OS2 here.

>>31935106
>E-7
You realize that was just an honorary thing. He wasnt an E-7 while in.
>>
File: 6effad_5732645.jpg (466KB, 1964x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6effad_5732645.jpg
466KB, 1964x1200px
>>31935135
About 3/4 in our school, my class got to pick our orders for whatever job was available. The guys with the highest GPA got to pick first, and the ladder goes down all the way to the guy with the lowest GPA.

We only had 2 orders for actual FMF. One for Hawaii and one for Camp Lejeune. Then we had a couple MLGs and the rest were hospitals with 8404.
Which meant they still go through FMTB, but after that they go work in a hospital until there is a need for FMF (i.e. if we went on a large scale deployment)

So going back to those FMF orders;

The hawaii one got nabed right away by one of our top 3. I was in the upper middle in terms of GPA, and I got very lucky with my orders to Lejeune. ALL the guys wanted FMF, but they all somehow missed it when they went to go pick their orders.

Lucky for me since I plan to go SARC at some point in my career.
The best advice I have is to STUDY and ace those tests, because your GPA is the deciding factor to get the orders you want.
>>
>>31935240
*about 3/4 of our way into A School

Assuming you plan on going HM I mean. There are still comfy orders to go work blueside in a hospital if FMTB ain't your thing.

>>31935159
>OS2
Ah right on dude. You probably joined right around the time when going FMF as an HM would've been much easier
>>
>>31935062
>Is this your first time here??? All we say is avoid MP,Security, and MA like the fucking plague.
My first time in /meg/ was the night before MEPS desu

>Didn't you fucking read what you were signing???
Yes, but nowhere did it explain the IRR. I had no idea the IRR was a thing until today. All my contract says is three years in the reserve component of the Army, nothing about the IRR.

>Look what we are trying to figure out is why you have to do 5 active instead of the normal 4. Most contracts are 4 & 4
Oh....The Liaison at MEPS told me 5 & 3 was normal...

>So the fact you have 5&3 is fishy. Usually its cause you get auto promote to E-4 or a bonus or something like that.
Well it sounds like I got fucked....

>Like what?
Various infantry and gunner positions, a bunch of construction ones, cook, truck driver, medic, and chaplain
MP sounded better/more interesting than any of that.
>>
>>31935285
>Well it sounds like I got fucked...
Maybe.
Don't let it get you down though. The military is what you make of it. You can have the time of your life as long as you maintain motivation.

Be the coolest fucking MP ever
>>
>>31935285
replying to myself here
>tfw scored an 81 on the ASVAB but I'm R/G colorblind as fuck so I got disqualified for everything but about 20 MOSs

>>31935324
>Don't let it get you down though
I won't, I'm still super excited

>The military is what you make of it
This seems to be true, but damn I'd be rich if I had a nickel for every time I've heard it.

>Be the coolest fucking MP ever
I'll do my best
Certainly not looking to be the least cool
>>
File: image.jpg (325KB, 1076x1348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325KB, 1076x1348px
>>31935279
2019-2014 my dude

>>31935285
>reserve component
>IRR
>inactive ready reserve

>>31935385
All I can say is at least try and get orders to somewhere really nice. Mp is gonna suck so at least live somewhere cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 386x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 386x360px
>>31935444
2010*-2014
God dammit
>>
>>31934810
that sucks that your recruiter is a fuck face. I know they explained it at meps because they have to, but being at meps as an applicant is a whirl wind.
>>
I'm being driven insane here.
I signed up.
Did all the papers.

I just want to go but I have to wait.
My life is falling apart in the mean time.
I just want to go to basic and start my new life.
It's been months now.
How long did you wait?
>>
>>31931198
Fuckkk. Yeah I know how that goes... if you've got a reallllllly good recruiter they can get you another job... but it's most likely gonna be needs of the army. Sorry breh.

>>31931848
I was mostly referring to 101/82/173...

25th gets no LOVE
>>31933518
3 actually reserve. Or 3 READY reserve. BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE

>>31936234
I waited 5/6 months. I could have left the next day, 2 months,4, but I chose to wait until after the New Years.
>>
Ausfag here, I'm considering joining. I meet all the general requirements, like citizenship, literacy and math etc., and I'm fairly sure i can meet the fitness shit for almost everything. What should I look at next, my MOS?
>>
File: Mess on isle 5.jpg (131KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Mess on isle 5.jpg
131KB, 420x420px
Everyone, the military isn't easy. Hell it's pretty rough sometimes.
But when it gets tough and you're in the shit, you should always remember what you're fighting to protect

Pic related
>>
>>31936881
That isn't a picture of my paycheck or GI Bill, anon.
>>
>>31937178
This desu senpai
>>
>>31937178

>GI Bill

Fuck yeah, m8. Using mine right now. Junior year of college and I'm feeling alright.

Besides, I don't know where people get this mentality that they're fighting for the country. I joined for the benefits and got out for more freedom. It's a business more than anything and I did my time.
>>
Any canadian military lurking?
>>
I'm taking the ASVAB tomorrow, any tips?
>>
File: TheGooseIsLoose.jpg (70KB, 540x507px) Image search: [Google]
TheGooseIsLoose.jpg
70KB, 540x507px
>>31937610
>I'm taking the ASVAB tomorrow, any tips?
Dont be born stupid, youll be fine as long as you dont make that mistake.

>>31937371
>I joined for the benefits and got out for more freedom. It's a business more than anything and I did my time.
Mate veryone with half a brain knows this. The only people who talk shit about serving and talk about jews sending us to die and all that are the people who got denied at meps. Theyre bitter and butthurt.
>>
>>31937610
Maker sure your recruiter buys you lunch
>>
This past Thursday I fucked a girl I was talking to for a week or so. Turns out the bitch's medication for chlamydia didn't work and now I probably have it. When the recruiter asks me if I have / had an std, should I lie? I plan on getting tested pretty soon (within a few days) but even if I get cured, won't it show up on my medical records?
>>
>>31937649
The man, the myth, the legend Larry Gooseman is back
>>
>>31937975
You dont have an STD. You never had sex with that girl. You will keep your mouth shut.
>>
>>31937975
Just go to a doc in the box, say you have chlamydia,and you know for sure. Inisit on getting medication that day. Take it and you'll be fine in two weeks TOPS.

>source
I had chlamydia from some skank I slept with. It went away in 3 days

Also, they can't pull your medical docs. Just lie about it. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>31937975
>when the recruiter
Say you don't have it

However, you are gonna need to get that shit cleared up before you go to MEPS
>>
>>31937975
>doesn't wrap it to tap it
Deserve what you get.
>>
Is Air Force weather any good if I have an autistic interest in the weather?
>>
So I'm planning to join the foreign legion when shillary wins.
Any tips?
>>
>>31938791
Do you know French and are a PT stud?
>>
So, uh, I got my ASVAB scores back. GT: 144, CL: 140, CO: 139, EL: 140, FA: 139, GM: 138, MM: 136, OF: 140, SC: 140, ST: 142. I was not expecting this. What now?
>>
File: 1463147952469.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1463147952469.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
Would it look bad on me if I tried to sign up right after the election?
>>
>>31939105
>Would it look bad on me if I tried to sign up right after the election?
To whom? Also why the fuck do you care?

>>31939029
>So, uh, I got my ASVAB scores back
And? You fishing for compliments or just being stupid?
You havent given us any info.
What branch?
What jobs you lookin at?
>>
>>31939120
Army/National guard. Originally I was looking at Artillery or Armor, but my recruiter is telling me I should look at intel (35t and 35n) and some 15 series stuff.
>>
>>31939029
Nothing, you relax and choose any MOSes you want because you qualify for everything.

Just don't meme yourself into 18X or op40 or such shit unless you're in elite-tier shape and you know exactly what you're getting into.

>>31939105
They don't give a shit where you come from or when you want to sign up. These days are a great time actually, since the fiscal year started last month and all jobs in every branch are refreshed.
>>
>>31939139
35t is looking really appealing.
>>
For 19D do you have to be gay or will they teach you?
>>
So i went for selection and got my results...I can do anything I want in the army, from military police to fucking biomedical scientist, but my eyes were 3 points off for the SF reserve unit i wanted to join.

Any advice or should I just an hero now?
>>
>>31939135
>but my recruiter is telling me I should look at intel (35t and 35n) and some 15 series stuff.
Thats cause you scored high. Do what you want.

>>31939185
>For 19D do you have to be gay or will they teach you?
I laughed

>>31939214
Just get new eyes. Problem solved.
>>
>>31939214
Laser pointer
>>
>>31939248
Thats my thinking, but if I go for an eye test in 3 months and my eyes suddenly are 20/20 someones gunna figure it out
>>
File: images (1).jpg (17KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
17KB, 275x183px
I'm planning to enlist soon and go for infantry (or cav scout). I'm not worried about getting a MOS that will help me after I'm out since I plan to go to university for engineering (I graduated high school with a 3.8 and scored highly on my SAT, but I'm hoping to use the GI bill to help pay for college) after I leave the service. I just have a couple of questions.

>Are there any significant differences that I should know about when trying to decide between the Army and Marine Corps infantry? Mostly in terms of what I would be expexted to do, mission and lifestyle.

>Does one of the two offer better training and/or more opportunities for thinks like airborne, dive school, and other skill schools?

>Should I consider the National Guard for infantry? What differences would this offer compared to active-duty army or marine corps?

>I've heard that, when on deployment anyway, many infantrymen bring their own equipment (optics, sunglasses, multitools and such) -- Is there anything that former infantry guys here would suggest I purchase to bring with me if/when I am deployed? Does the US Army or USMC still equip you with a knife/bayonet? If not, are you allowed to bring your own and if so, are there any (fixed-blade) knives suggested?

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>>31939142
Go for it, breh

Keep a few jobs in mind besides that and prepare your anus for TS clearance
>>
>>31939185
Why does everyone hate 19D
>>
>>31939329
It's just a meme
>>
File: 1448831691006.jpg (68KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
1448831691006.jpg
68KB, 1024x684px
>>31939272
>Are there any significant differences that I should know about when trying to decide between the Army and Marine Corps infantry? Mostly in terms of what I would be expected to do, mission and lifestyle.
Never go Marines, ever.

>Should I consider the National Guard for infantry?
Dont, youll regret not going full Army. Go all the way or dont go.

> Is there anything that former infantry guys here would suggest I purchase to bring with me
You dont even have your foot in the door yet dont get ahead of yourself. There arent alot of deployements going on right now and when/if you deploy you can ask the senior guys in your unit.
>>
>>31939135
>>31939142

35T is a really cool job if you're a techie type. You get to do a broad range of computer stuff and you get your TS.

You'll be activated for about a year for your initial training though. If you're a part-timer that kind of sucks if you want to go to college or something, but it's good if you're making more money than you do as a civilian.
>>
File: 3456789098765456.gif (2MB, 400x269px) Image search: [Google]
3456789098765456.gif
2MB, 400x269px
>>31916617
12B here. Gr8b8m8.
>>
>>31939272

> I'm not worried about getting a MOS that will help me after I'm out since I plan to go to university for engineering

MOS choice can still have an effect here. If you want to work a government contract as an engineer, getting a TS from an MOS is a decent leg up.

>Does one of the two offer better training and/or more opportunities for thinks like airborne, dive school, and other skill schools?

Army is better for schools, period. They get more schools and get schools more easily.

>Should I consider the National Guard for infantry? What differences would this offer compared to active-duty army or marine corps?

Most National Guard slots are part-time. You work one weekend a month and get paid one weekend a month. That's a pretty major difference.

>Shit to bring on deployment.

Odds are you never deploy, anon. Worry about this if you ever actually have a deployment coming up.
>>
>>31939272
>graduated high school with a 3.8 and scored highly on my SAT

Consider becoming an Officer, or a Warrant Officer. Enlisted life is terrible.
>>
>>31931401
tfw growing up always wanted to be infantry
tfw turned out to be giant slenderman w/ back problems
tfw everyday I feel worse for not being able to serve due to uncontrollable factors

How do you fags with similar positions cope? Those of you with broken bones or missing an eye etc. Just move on and join a different occupation/branch or just learn to suffer for the rest of your life knowing you'll never serve?
>>
>>31939700
I have weapons grade autism when it comes to computer hardware.
>>
>>31939723
Yeah, I know some jobs in the military might help me (especially jobs with high clearance) but I'm wanting to join for the experience more than anything and because it's a bit of a tradition in my family that I want to be a part of. My great-grandfather served as Marine infantry during WWII and Korea, my grandfather was an Army infantryman during Vietnam, my dad was Army infantry durine the Gulf War, but got discharged for medical reasons before he could deploy. Anyway, I don't glorify war or think it is anything like the media portrays it, but I want the life experience of being an infantryman for a service term or two. I know I may not deploy, but you never know. And I think spending some time in the service would help me mature a bit before I start a career.
>>31939504
Why never Marines, if I may ask? Is it that much worse? How much does the basic infantry training differ between the Army and Marine Corps?

And yeah, I'm probably getting ahead of myself. I'm just curious really. Mostly about the issuing of knives/bayonets. I have a knife that belonged to my grandfather that I would want to bring with me on potential deployment, but I'm not sure if that is allowed these days or if the military just issues you a knife/bayonet.
>>31939728
I've thought about it, but I don't really want to make the military my career. Is it worth becoming an officer if I only serve for a one or two terms? Plus, the benefit of helping to pay for my education is part of the reason that I want to enlist. That and in the event of a deployment, I feel like I wouldn't get the true infantry experience as an officer. I may be wrong there though.

But thanks for the input everyone.
>>
>>31940203

>One or two terms

I'm not sure what you think this means, but "two terms" could be 8-10 years, or half of an entire military career.

You can definitely be an officer for only a few years if that is the route you want to go. The minimum obligations between enlisted and officers are pretty similar.

Like most teenagers, you still don't really believe people when they tell you how shitty peactime infantry is. Nobody is going to be able to convince you so good luck with that.
>>
>>31940272
I'm well aware of how shitty it apparently is. But if I join up and a deployment happens, I don't want to be doing something else. Is there an MOS you would suggest in place of infantry for someone that doesn't want things to suck all of the time when not deployed, but is also able to actually do something combat-related during a deployment? Thr only thing I can really think of would be becoming an Army WO helicopters pilot, but maybe there are other MOSs I should consider?

And mostly I just plan to serve for 4 or 5 year term, but I wouldn't totally rule out re-enlisting for one more if I enjoyed it. I have no problem starting my post-service career in my late 20s or early 30s really.
>>
>>31940498

>I'd rather be miserable the 90 % of time I will be in garrison then not be able to live out my glorious battle dreams if I happen to get deployed.

Like I said, there's no way to make you kids understand. Even during the height of the wars there were infantrymen that deployed and never got into a real fight. War doesn't work the same way it did in WW2.

>And mostly I just plan to serve for 4 or 5 year term, but I wouldn't totally rule out re-enlisting for one more if I enjoyed it

Doing one term and getting out with bennies is a good way to go. Retiring is a good way to go. Doing half a career and getting out is generally a bad idea.
>>
>>31938157
>he doesn't have an STD
until he goes to meps and they test him.
>>
Want to do OCC for Marines after my junior year in college. It's a program that lets me do OCS over the Summer.
I have a few questions:
>ADHD
I'm diagnosed with it and have been prescribed medicine at the beginning of the semester.
>Asthma
Childhood asthma, maybe diagnosed after 13, but I have no problems with running or cardio.
>Marijuna
Casual smoker, definitely smoked less than 15 times in my life.
>molly/MDMA
have done once at a rave
That being said, what should I do/lie about? I asked to talk to talk to my recruiter who initially approached me with OCC but I'm not sure if i should divulge this information to him, infact I think I probably shouldn't.
I really want to do OCC, so what do I do?
>>
>>31943270
Fucking lie your ass off about any drug use. As far as anyone is concerned, you never touched anything. The actual medical issues I have no clue about. Once again, DONT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT DRUGS.
>>
>>31943270
Asthma
Childhood asthma, maybe diagnosed after 13, but I have no problems with running or cardio.
Don't mention this, everyone got childhood asthma diagnosis when young
>Marijuna
Casual smoker, definitely smoked less than 15 times in my life.
Any pot use will hurt your application for Marine OCS/PLC so make of that what you will. You need a pot waiver too
>molly/MDMA
have done once at a rave
DIsqualifying for the Marines.
>ADHD
I'm diagnosed with it and have been prescribed medicine at the beginning of the semester.
You need to have been off that for a year? if you're going to be honest about the diagnosis and medication.
>>
>>31943270
Can you function without ritalin? If so, don't take it for a week or two before going to MEPS or anywhere you may get drug tested. You may hear that you need to not take for 2 years or whatever before you can do anything, but amphetamines have a biological half life of 12 hours at most, so they'll be completely undetectable after a month.
>>
File: 1451956904535.jpg (71KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1451956904535.jpg
71KB, 640x960px
>>31940203
>Why never Marines, if I may ask? Is it that much worse?
Yes. The marines are shitty not because its tough but just because they fuck eachother over and the worst part is they take pride in it.
Worst living conditions. Worst food. Worst advancement.
Look if you want to be billy badass then be a ranger in the army. Avoid the marines at all costs.
>I have a knife that belonged to my grandfather that I would want to bring with me on potential deployment
No you dont. Thats a recipe for getting it stolen or lost. Plus there isnt a point.

>>31943145
>until he goes to meps and they test him.
>Oh shit, I didnt know.
Thats better than him just admitting it from day one. Just get some medication and pray it clears up in time.
>>
>>31943670
>pray it clears up in time
If it ain't cleared up in time just get a bad case of the flu just before you're due to go up to MEPS
>>
>>31943355
>>31943372
>>31943470
Thanks guys. I will lie about the drug use.
I think the most honest I can be is the ADHD. I have used it fairly recently as last week, but I do not need it. Do I tell the truth about the diagnosis and lie about recent use?
>>
>>31944267
They won't find it in your medical record. The only way they can find out is if you tell somebody or if it shows up on a drug test
>>
P R A I S E K E K
R
A
I
S
E
K
E
K
>>
>>31944366
so mum's the word?
what about all I read on the internet about getting in deep shit for lying?
or is that memes?
>>
>>31944402
I told my recruiter that I had depression and ADHD and he told me to shut my whore mouth
>>
question: do reservists get CAC cards? heard that they get cucked and don't
>>
>>31944555

If you're drilling, VTU, or actual ROTC, yes. IRR, no, just a teslin. This is assuming your DEERS record is proper and correct.
>>
File: 1476145594338.jpg (152KB, 800x562px) Image search: [Google]
1476145594338.jpg
152KB, 800x562px
>Trump winning the election.

What's the realistic chances of any ground troops now? Close to zero?

Are there any branches or parts of the military that have a chance to see combat in the next four years?
>>
>>31944931

>Trumps wins

He mismanages the situation with China and Southeast Asia and we end up in a proxy war in either Thailand or Vietnam. SF and Intel are first in.

>Hillary wins

She pushes us closer to war with Iran and Congress helps.

It's just a question of where anon.
>>
>>31944402
So, any chance I actually get fucked for lying or no?
>>
File: 1478678701045.png (410KB, 540x540px)
1478678701045.png
410KB, 540x540px
>>31915898
M A G A
A
G
A
>>
File: 1467499828539.jpg (370KB, 720x1034px)
1467499828539.jpg
370KB, 720x1034px
Now that Trump is the President-elect, who /enlisting/ soon?

18X wannabe here
>>
>>31940854
>Doing one term and getting out with bennies is a good way to go. Retiring is a good way to go. Doing half a career and getting out is generally a bad idea.
This it the truth.
>>
Republicans now have the White House and majority control of Congress.

Any chance service members will get a real pay increase, as opposed to the "1% due to inflation" that Obama kept pushing?
>>
>>31947311
Not a chance. No political party supports service members as anything other than an easily duped voting bloc.
>>
>>31915898
Going away for training soon, any brits here?
>>
>>31947096
Obligated to enlist now.
>>
How hard is it to become an Air Force pilot at 30?
>>
Took the ASVAB today, think I did alright.
>>
>>31949275
What is your degree in? GPA?
>>
>>31916566
fun fact: federal laws on anti-personnel trapping are due to our geneva signature and have never been prosecuted.
you can set non-explosive traps all you want on your own property for the purpose of defending yourself and property from harm (such as this)
>>
>>31915898
Posted this in the wrong fucking /meg/

How hard would it be to get a short contract as an 11b during wartime?

I'm 23 and having literally nothing going on with my life now. If there was a deployment to Iraq or Syria, I'd seriously considering enlisting to go slot some muzzies, but I don't want to be tied down until I'm fucking 30 because of it. Would something like a 2 year active, 1 Nasty Girl, and the rest on IRR contract be possible?
>>
>>31950244
active army and national guard are seperate contracts
2 year active duty is reserved for college degree cucks, you can get 3 years without signing bonus which is what i did
as for now it's 50/50 that you'll ever get posted to afghanistan and i doubt trump with all of his tough talk is going to really put brigades back into iraq so you'd better hope for a major terrorist attack or something
>>
Right so, I'm thinking about joining the Navy as a nuclear engineer, good pay, good schooling and its shit I like
Am I allowed to bring books with me on the sub? If so how many? I don't mind the people, the cramped conditions or the extended stay, as long as I've shit to do. Books are fun.
So books and a laptop full of pirated movies, do-able?
>>
I dont want to die for globalists but do want to be ready to defend my country if someone comes knocking. So whats the national guard like?
>>
>>31950931
Or should I just keep my AR well maintained?
>>
>>31950900
>So books and a laptop full of pirated movies, do-able?
Yes

Youre still making a mistake though
>>
>>31950900
>I'm thinking about joining the Navy as a nuclear engineer

As in, you already have a degree in nuclear engineering? Or you want to be a nuke on a sub?

>So books and a laptop full of pirated movies, do-able?

Yes, but your space is limited.
>>
>>31951033
Warum? Good pay, free college, benefits
>>
Not sure if anyone here know anything about it, but is Command Post a decent job in the Air Force?
>>
>>31951055
No as in I'm a senior in HS about thinking about joining the Navy to become a nuclear engineer.
>>
>>31950931
Do you live under a rock? Trump won, war will now be fought for the sole purpose of slaughtering globalists.

Expect a Neptune-Spear esque raid on Merkel, Clinton and cronies soon
>>
>>31951078
>Warum
What?
Im saying being a NUKE is a mistake and so is being on a sub not saying its a mistake to join the mil.

>>31951101
>joining the Navy to become a nuclear engineer.
It doesnt work that way. Are you saying you want to enlsit as a NUKE? Cause if not you need a fucking degree you dumb mong and if you are enlisting you are not a nuke engineer.
>>
>>31951101
>joining the Navy to become a nuclear engineer.

Yeah, I'm still not sure what you mean here.

Can't tell if you're referring to an enlisted nuke position, a nuke officer, or using the GI bill to go to college to become a Nuclear Engineer.
>>
Are there any Army MI guys here with experience getting TS/SCI clearance?

Who will be interviewed/investigated besides you?

Is not having credit/never using a credit card a good thing or is it suspicious?

Are medical records collected or doctors interviewed?

I'm a little curious how they'd get stuff like medical records if you haven't told them who your doctors are.
>>
>>31934858
What are some of the comfiest dury stations?
>>
>>31951113

Yeah I know, something something inward perfection, splendid isolation DGAF unless clear and present danger. Question how hard does the mil look into the past as in medical history? I was bummed out as a teen and had an extremely liberal mother sent me to every doc and had me on pills, told them to fuck off at 17, now im 21 and still fine.
>>
File: 1476559360284.jpg (59KB, 1080x752px) Image search: [Google]
1476559360284.jpg
59KB, 1080x752px
>>31951212
>Who will be interviewed/investigated besides you?
The references you give them.

>Is not having credit/never using a credit card a good thing or is it suspicious?
No. Especially if youre young. No one expects an 18 year old to have a 780 credit score.

>Are medical records collected or doctors interviewed?
No.

You fucking idiots kill me.
A fucking clearance relates to how likely you are to sell state secrets. Your fucking medical history has nothing to do with it.
They care about foreign ties and huge debts and criminal history. Medical doesn't matter at all. For the love of fuck someone put my rant in the sticky so you idiots will quit crying about the rash you had when you were 4 and kept a secret.

>>31951188
>Yeah, I'm still not sure what you mean here.
It seems like he doesnt know what he means either. Hes a stupid HS kid and hasnt done enough research.

>>31951222
>What are some of the comfiest dury stations?
San Diego. Any base. Living in San Diego is god tier and anyone who says different is lying.
>>
>>31951259
>They care about foreign ties and huge debts and criminal history. Medical doesn't matter at all. For the love of fuck someone put my rant in the sticky so you idiots will quit crying about the rash you had when you were 4 and kept a secret.

Thanks for the answer but you gotta remember that some people have unwaiverable BS that does exist in plenty of records. I know that the background check is 99% about financial/foreign obligations BUT if some reference or interviewee were to mention something like "depression" or "anxiety" or "diabeetus" then wouldn't that line of questioning be pursued?
>>
File: 1475726928876.jpg (513KB, 1280x1707px)
1475726928876.jpg
513KB, 1280x1707px
>>31951325
>does exist in plenty of records
This proves you are missing the point. If its already visible in your recorsd then of course you gotta disclose it. Im talking about the 99% of morons here who worry about the time they stubbed their toe in 2nd grade.

>if some reference or interviewee were to mention something
Sorry I assumed your family and friends werent a bunch of rat idiots. Tell them to expect a call and to keep their stupid mouths shut.
>>
>>31951372
So how the fuck are civilian medical records even accessed? That shit isn't centralized. If you don't give them any doctor or insurance information how do they verify anything?
>>
>>31950168

Engineering, with a focus on applied mathematics and physics. 3.8
>>
File: 1450194151326.jpg (77KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450194151326.jpg
77KB, 540x720px
>>31951405
>So how the fuck are civilian medical records even accessed?
>That shit isn't centralized
Wow, its like you figured it out.
>how do they verify anything?
THEY DONT

Why do you think they re-check with you and re-ask you a thousand times? Its cause they wanna see if youll crack and tell the truth. Thats cause they cant verify it themselves. If they had a way of finding something out why would they even bother to ask you? Thats why that moment of truth nonsense exists at Boot in the first place. Just one more chance for some idiots to break down and admit something.

If you keep your mouth shut theyll never know.
>>
Y'all are getting the military and clearance checks confused. There's almost nothing that medical that will even disqualify you from a clearance. They simply don't care because that's not what clearances are about. You can be a fucking paraplegic and get a top level clearance, plenty of physically fucked civilians do it.
>>
>>31951257
You're fine. As you'll hear alot, 24 months and you're gucci. If you're really unsure, talk to your recruiter. He will either say to 1- never tell anybody or 2- get a waiver. In your case, you wouldn't need a waiver anyway
>>
>>31952077
never tell any body cool. i tried to join army at 18, tried for the waiver, decided not to go through with it. odds that they didnt toss that lost case by now? im probs gonna wait another year anyways, get lasik. whats good in the military anyways? I really dont care what I do for a living also im smarter than most, so ill get excellent scores on any test. I'm kinda curious to see what it takes to break me.
>>
>>31951674
>You can be a fucking paraplegic and get a top level clearance, plenty of physically fucked civilians do it.
I think the issue here is more lying about the condition rather than it being a thing in the first place.
t. different anon who didn't lie the first time and seriously regretting that now
>>
>>31915898
right so i have no direction in life, and feel like im stagnating, im good at following orders, and my mum is close to throwing me out of the house, im not fat, but im kinda out of shape. Should i join the Army?
>>
>>31952420
>didn't lie the first time and seriously regretting that now
No shit youre regretting it you idiot. We tell you to lie and none of you do then come back here and say you wish you had lied. Happens every fucking week.

>>31952436
>Should i join the Army?
Sure
>>
File: just.png (1MB, 1058x1024px) Image search: [Google]
just.png
1MB, 1058x1024px
AUSFAG POST

Looking to go full time rifleman, thinking about 2RAR and want to go recon. Anyone have any experience or tips? I'm currently doing gymnastics training for joint preparation and gonna start running once I'm more mobile.
Cheers.
>>
TRUMP FUCKING WON

I was thinking about going to college, if I go to ROTC will I have a better chance of getting deployed in a combat MOS? I really want to get the fuck into basic and shoot some shit, go 11B, but I don't want to end up a welfare whore stuck in the barracks while rotc guys get to go kill sand niggers.
>>
>>31952919
Migrate
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.