[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you think the Wests military weaknesses lie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 27

Where do you think the Wests military weaknesses lie?
>>
Nice try Mr KGB
>>
>>31869715
Propaganda and fighting spirit.

If you constantly push statesponsored nationalistic propaganda into the head of everyone they will be more motivated to fight and never give up.

However if you do that you cant have nice things like freedom
>>
>>31869751
>nationalistic
>USSR
Ayyyy
>>
>>31869715

By letting women, faggots, transgender, all that shit in.
>>
File: ZjuUU05.jpg (134KB, 786x1071px) Image search: [Google]
ZjuUU05.jpg
134KB, 786x1071px
Our supply lines and government institutions are full of retarded niggers.
>>
>>31869715
Clearly, we didn't bankrupt ourselves on ICBM tech
>>
>>31869755
Are you jokeing?

They may not have said "Fight for mother Russia" as much as they said "Fight for the workers/communism" but its all means the same thing.
>>
>>31869772
t. Fat autistic (but straight) neckbeard that was rejected by the army and is mad that his gay friend is a better human beeing
>>
File: 1471858785510.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471858785510.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
>>31869715

Oil.

America and Europe shrivel up and die without it. See also: OPEC.
>>
>>31869794
The whole Russian economy is based on the oilprice, they would also be fucked.
>>
>>31869794

Europe, sure, but the USA + Canada could be more or less energy independent if they wished.
>>
>>31869784
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>31869715
>Where do you think the Wests military weaknesses lie?

Political and public willingness to fight.

I saw a recent poll in a euro country and the youths of drafting age (18-34yo) were only 35% willing to take up arms if their country came under attack.

What the fucking hell...
>>
>>31869841
>>>/pol/
>>
>>31869851
What cunt? In Finland its something like 90%.

Hell, even Swedenistan had something like 65%
>>
>>31869865
>>31869841

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>31869874
>>>/GASH/
>>
>>31869777
>Nationalism
>in communist country
>Lenin, Stalin, Khruschev, Brezhnev - not even Russians
>most of the Politburo seats goes to non-Russians republics
Uh-oh
>>
>>31869865
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>31869715
In its people. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link and modern western soldiers are feminist officers who can't carry anything, can't lead and are only good at spreading their legs for their superiors and later accusing them of rape inorder to further their own careers.
>>
>>31869715
Over reliance on US assets & US economy.

Lack of fighting a near-peer opponent.

Majority of servicemen that kicked
Saddam's ass are separated now.

Throwing good money on bad investments.
>Put a 30mm cannon on the Stryker and don't fully implement the 25mm airburst grenade launcher for squads

Sloppy organization, physical fitness standards are shit, army standards are low, and our reservists should have more drilling.
>>
>>31869888
As stated, they filled them with communist propaganda wich is just as bad and gives the same result as nationalistic propaganda.
>>
>>31869715
Diversity, lack of willingness to fight for country
>>
>Diversity
>Lack of willingness

Christ you people hang around on /pol/ too much if you think soldiers are unwilling to fight.
>>
>>31869928
Anon, have you ever actually been to Russia? Lived with Russians? The definition of Nationalism aside, they are the most cynical people around, and military folks most of all. If you think all of their servicemen totally swallow all propaganda instead of being roughly as cynical as US or Brit servicemen if not more, you've drunk the koolaid.
>>
>>31869960
>Christ you people hang around on /pol/ too much if you think soldiers are unwilling to fight.
So much this. All these children who don't remember what it was like after 9/11 or during Desert Storm. All these children unable to read a book about it and only know how to regurgitate memes.
>>
>>31869960
>>31870010
It's not an issue with the professional soldiers, it's the fact that most of the Western World have small standing armies only capable of COIN operations in third world countries with USA. In the case of symmetric, or god forbid, World War 3, conscription will be reinstated. The willingness is in relation to that.
>>
>>31870024
>It's not an issue with the professional soldiers, it's the fact that most of the Western World have small standing armies only capable of COIN operations in third world countries with USA.

>Western armies have mainly fought COIN recently

>Therefore Western armies are ONLY capable of COIN

Fucking Christ, don't be an idiot all your life.
>>
>>31869960
I know the source is a screaming sack of burning shit but it was the first thing I remember.

http://www.infowars.com/naval-officer-i-didnt-join-to-fight-for-al-qaeda/

Hell more "men" ran away from WW2 than Vietnam. Of those that were initially drafted for WW2 almost half didn't meet the requirements. Of those that actually saw combat 80% missed on purpose because mentally they still weren't ready to kill another man yet they shot due to not wanting to let the man beside then down.
>>
>>31870024
No, if there's a WWIII where entire professional armies have been wiped out then the nukes are flying long before you're putting conscripts through boot camp
>>
>>31870042
>Infowars source
>"More men missed on purpose" myth
>>
>>31870024
Exactly, add to this internal strife that you KNOW would be activated by foreign agents, and it's very shit to have diversity or political correctness play such an important role.
For example the banning of DPICM http://breakingdefense.com/2016/10/bring-back-artillery-submunitions-russian-threat-too-great/ I come from a country with no military tradition and every time we came into a war, we had to recruit mercenaries, raise armies and get ship of the lines from god knows where. Downsizing armies and undermining it's ethnic homogenity have historically proven to be disastrous in war.
>>
>>31870024
>It's not an issue with the professional soldiers, it's the fact that most of the Western World have small standing armies only capable of COIN operations in third world countries with USA. In the case of symmetric, or god forbid, World War 3, conscription will be reinstated. The willingness is in relation to that.
More memeing right from the Putin script book. Jesus Christ.

Considering the simple fact that the US was willing and capable of going to the mats with the USSR in a conventional or even nuclear war in the 1980s, and since then has only gotten much, much stronger compared to Russia and other powers, what possible fucking logic could be behind this?

Take your Alex Jones tinfoil bullshit and get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>31870056
Stormfag retards go and stay go. You have no fucking clue how the USMil works, and you never will. Stop slurping up Inforwars horseshit and Kremlin dickwaving as if it were gospel.
>>
File: 2012-09-25-0520-500x500.jpg (12KB, 255x358px) Image search: [Google]
2012-09-25-0520-500x500.jpg
12KB, 255x358px
>>31870041
You're free to go look up European military capabilities and budgets and make a guess whether or not they're at all capable of total war.
Here's a hint: They're not. Most of them are relying on daddy NATO.

>>31870045
Conscription would most likely be reinstated before any such conflict occurs. A bunch of European nations are thinking of doing exactly so. Even Sweden has started worrying.

>>31870058
>Most of the Western World
>USA
Can you read?
>>
>>31870056
>undermining it's ethnic homogenity have historically proven to be disastrous in war

Yeah when they stopped segregation in the US military it all fell apart and Russia took over the world.
>>
>>31870067
Stop being a propaganda swallowing neocon retard. None of what you say has any value when you're being a complete hypocrite.
>>
>>31870075
This is what happens when a person with a passing knowledge tries to press a point.
>>
>>31870075
The US is the west you retarded mongoloid
>>
File: 1477148831121.jpg (33KB, 567x565px) Image search: [Google]
1477148831121.jpg
33KB, 567x565px
>>31870087
I wish my favorite board wasn't infested with mouthbreathers.
>>
>>31870075
>You're free to go look up European military capabilities and budgets and make a guess whether or not they're at all capable of total war.

Considering there's not even any kind of specification for whether a military is "capable of total war", you're talking absolute shit.
>>
>>31870075
>make a guess

Well that tells me everything about your knowledge
>>
>>31870024
It feels to me like conscription only really works in a country that practices armed neutrality.

It seems like it would be easier to motivate a civilian population to fight if they're just fighting to defend their country from invasion, rather than fighting in a conflict abroad.
>>
>>31870051
>Implying that source for that particular issue is bad.

The military has its cowards, deal with it
>>
>>31869715
In its politicians.
>>
>>31870082
>no logical counter argument
>no actual direct experience with the US military
>getting his info from clearly stormfag-influenced sites and applying it in real-world capability assessment
>calling other people "propaganda swallowing neocon retard"

I give you /k/, ladyboys and gentlemen.
>>
>>31869715
A declining economy.

US is going to get outspent by China sometime by 2030.
>>
File: 1472004124625.png (13KB, 298x307px) Image search: [Google]
1472004124625.png
13KB, 298x307px
>>31870125
I'm not that anon though, so why would I provide a counter-argument? I'm just calling you out on swallowing the propaganda of the other side.
You people are to politics what fudds are to firearms.
>>
>>31870095
>be OP
>make thread to "talk" about "weakness" in western militaries
>don't wait long enough for the conversation to get rolling to start wacking people over the head with your tinfoil hammer
>get frustrated because your retarded propaganda/tin foil isn't immediately accepted as self-evident truth, rather than highly questionable and unsupported bullshit

Gotta love the kids around here
>>
File: 1477954272389.png (144KB, 356x328px) Image search: [Google]
1477954272389.png
144KB, 356x328px
>>31870151
What are you even trying to accomplish here, anon? You make up bullshit claims, offer no arguments, insult everyone, call people kids, think random posters are OP.
Why? Is this fun for you?
>>
>>31870077
That's not what I meant, Rhodesians are a good example of that it does work.
However, groups of different ethnic origin do cause problems internally. Because they feel disenfranchised, or can be made to feel so.

>>31870067
No you. And this is not about the usmil.
>>
>>31870137
>I'm just calling you out on swallowing the propaganda of the other side.
Well, first I'm a centrist (nowhere close to a neocon), 32 years old, former military and actually college educated.

I speak from personal experience, and it makes me lose my shit laughing every time one of you /pol/tards tries to make the argument that the USMil somehow forgot how to fight, and that no one in it has the will to fight.

Every goddamn time, it's some idiot who's never served, often never lived in the US (like the anon above), and has so completely wrapped his lips around the fire hydrant of ridiculous and hilarious tin foil that he wouldn't know objective and historical truth if it fucked him right in the ass.

In short, grow the fuck up, read a fucking book and stop sucking the dicks of tin foil shills. Actually research your opinions for once.
>>
>>31870115
Its veterans saying they don't want to fight Syrian civil war. Why the hell should we? The majority of Americans feel that way.
>>
>>31870167
>And this is not about the usmil.
And I quote:
>>31869715
>the Wests military weaknesses
>>31869916
>Over reliance on US assets & US economy.
>Lack of fighting a near-peer opponent.
>>
>>31870174
>32 years old, former military and actually college educated.
Oh wow. You're capable of mediocrity.
If you're trying to appeal to something, you should consider something that would give you an actual edge in whatever you're arguing.
>make the argument that the USMil somehow forgot how to fight
Which is a massive fucking strawman.
If you can't even contribute a single argument to the chain, just stop posting. Do the board and community a favor.
>>
File: 1475097669684.png (428KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
1475097669684.png
428KB, 558x744px
>>31870177
>Sell your soul to Uncle Sam
>B-but I don't want to fight in Syria
>>
>>31869784
I don't make friends with sodomites and how is a disease ridden bugchasing sodomite better than me?
>>
>>31870203
Believe it or not a lot of people aren't like faggots here, that just want to fight anyone because they want to fight.

You see it all the time, "oh boy I'ma be SF because then I'll always see action!".

The US was able to do Iraq and Afghanistan with a 100% volunteer force. Start fighting an unpopular war and that won't happen.
>>
>>31870196
>Oh wow. You're capable of mediocrity.
Oh, look. Another "muh gubmint bootlicker/welfare queen" meme. Boy am I super mad right now. Just hopping mad. Oh, you got me.

>If you're trying to appeal to something, you should consider something that would give you an actual edge in whatever you're arguing.
I'd say citing actual, personal life experience is a hell of a lot more effective than quoting, verbatim, several of the most recent and favorite Russian party lines and Alex Jones chicken little routines.

Don't blame me because you form your opinions based on the rantings of lunatics and the propaganda of people who love psyops over and above all else.

>Which is a massive fucking strawman.
Literally stated ITT. Multiple times. See >>31870190 for two tastes.

>If you can't even contribute a single argument to the chain, just stop posting.
Oh, I'm sorry. Am I disturbing your tinfoil party with my casual disregard for your retardation? I'll just go away now that you've so thoroughly chastised me, shall I?

Top fucking kek. Take your bullshit back to /pol/.
>>
>>31870224
Yeah and what made Iraq and Afghanistan popular? Muh war on terror, 9/11, WMDs that don't exist. The entire US population got dragged into those with the clever use of propaganda. Thank God the internet is far more widespread now and social media allows people to not rely on the cancerous MSM.
>>
File: Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png (58KB, 1265x625px) Image search: [Google]
Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png
58KB, 1265x625px
>>31870230
The West =/= USA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world

I can't fathom how you can be this ignorant and this stupid. Oh well.
>>
>>31870224
>Start fighting an unpopular war and that won't happen.
The concept that countering an existential and large scale conventional threat to the US, or UK, or Germany, or even France would somehow be an unpopular war is completely historically and logically pants on head retarded.

It's the bullshit brushfire interventions that people are tired of. Threaten people's homes, livelihoods and countries and then see what happens.
>>
The Geneva Convention. ROEs are pretty shit as well
>>
>>31870244
>US not purple

America is a Latin American nation though.
>>
>>31870244
>The West =/= USA
How can you be this geopolitically ignorant and still be breathing, much less commenting? The US is an enormous cultural and military component of the West. Literally right there in your pic. No one said the US was the ENTIRE West, and people responded directly to the OP's question about THE WEST. Which includes the fucking US. God damn, but you're one dumb son of a bitch.
>>
>>31870238
I don't disagree with you.
>>31870247
You're taking what I said and reapplying it wrong. The unpopular war I spoke of is Syrian civil war.
>>
>>31870268
>No one said the US was the ENTIRE West
Oh, is that why this one mouthbreather claims this thread is about the US military, while the West clearly consists of more than the US of A?
>>
>>31870259
>still 71% white
"""no"""
>>
>>31870282
60%. 10% are Hispanic "whites".
>>
>>31870277
>The unpopular war I spoke of is Syrian civil war.
See:
>>31869751
>Propaganda and fighting spirit.
First reply. Generalization about all western militaries being less mentally prepared to fight.

>>31869851
>Political and public willingness to fight.
Only a few posts down. Same generalization.

>>31869910
>In its people.
And again.

>>31869958
>Diversity, lack of willingness to fight for country
And again.

That's four complete, sweeping generalizations in the first 25 posts. That's what people are clearly responding to. You're just pissed because it's being ridiculed as patently retarded. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>31870058
> US was willing and capable of going to the mats with the USSR in a conventional or even nuclear war in the 1980s
US was hastily developing new nukes and new defenses against nukes in 1980
protip: that is NOT what a country secure in its conventional military security does
>>
File: 1456446606888.jpg (1MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1456446606888.jpg
1MB, 2500x2000px
>>31870282
Nope
>>
File: 1476883124589.jpg (147KB, 718x458px) Image search: [Google]
1476883124589.jpg
147KB, 718x458px
>>31870312
Different anon, but there's nothing wrong with making generalizations at the start of topics to provoke argumentation and conversation. What IS wrong, is you people replying to problematic or false arguments with pointless insults and muh stormfaggotry/putin/vatnik/whateverthefuck, thus bringing down the quality of the entire thread and slowly the entire board. If someone is spouting bullshit, then make a short post where you point out their mistakes and correct them.
Even you should be capable of this much.
>>
>>31870312
God you're an autistic idiot. Me and another guy were having our own conversation and you jumped in
See
>>31870115
>>31870177

You dumb bitch, I can't believe you made such a long post, and youre still wrong.
>>
>>31870349
I don't even know who's arguing for what now.

Tinfoil fluffer dude (you)
>>31869916
Those are my main points

I also posted how some dudes don't want to fight for Syria, which does pertain to our willingness to fight on the whole. For we are a global power and any fighting involving us likely won't take place on our soil.
>>
>>31870393
I'm not the anon you think I am... but OK.
>>
>>31870056

>undermining it's ethnic homogenity have historically proven to be disastrous in war.

>What are the Roman legions?
>What are the Macedonians?
>What are the Mongols?
>What is the Persian Empire?
>What is the Colonial British Army?

Through history the longest standing and powerful empires used all the population under their domains regardless of their ethnicity or faith. The only thing that mattered was loyalty.

Face it Stromboo, through the majority of history the notion of ethnic homogeneity wasn't a concern, only loyalty to the Empire, Kingdom, Crown, Republic or whatever was the standing governing institution.
>>
>>31870450
>Face it Stromboo, through the majority of history the notion of ethnic homogeneity wasn't a concern, only loyalty to the Empire, Kingdom, Crown, Republic or whatever was the standing governing institution.
Which does not work when the ethnicities are disloyal and of Muslim.
>>
>>31870450
>What are the Roman legions?
Look up how we got the word colony, hostile natives died during invasion. The rest get homogenized to Roman culture.
>What are the Macedonians?
A group that splintered after the death of one leader
>What are the Mongols?
A group that splintered after the death of one strong leader
>What is the Persian Empire?
Which Persian dynasty are you referring to?
See Romans

I get your point, but you picked some of the worst examples.
>>
Lack of ground based mobile AA

The Japs also thought they would always have air superiority so they didn't feel any urgent need to improve their carrier/cruiser AA when it proved deficient.
I just see som resemblance with a certain other country that also thinks it will always have air superiority.
>>
>>31870489

>Which does not work when the ethnicities are disloyal and of Muslim.

The Ottomans were Muslim and still managed to have one of the longest lasting empire in the Middle East, it fell because the Empire lost the war against other imperial empires.

So were the Ayyubid/Sudinates started with Saladin in the Middle East, which was composed from several ethnicities and religions from the Middle East.

The North Africa was the most stable region in the Roman Republic Era along the Iberian Peninsula while the Northern Europe was "those uncivilized savages", to the point one of the Roman Emperors was a North African from where is modern Libya.

Ethnicities being disloyal is usually a direct result of either the Empire in charge of them treating them like shit, like nearly every European Empire did in Africa, the Japan in Asia and China and its provinces, or the Empire conquering another region filled with groups that already hate that empire to begin with.

Which is the difference between Chechnya and the Siberian regions in Russia. the Siberians actually feel part of Russia despise the majority being essentially Asian Mongols, the Chechens only stopped giving trouble to Russia AFTER the the Kremlin spent a lot of effort after Second Chechen, in rebuilding the region and making some concessions on their autonomy.
>>
>>31870597

>Look up how we got the word colony, hostile natives died during invasion. The rest get homogenized to Roman culture.

Culture, not ethnicity, the reason why the Roman Empire lasted for so long is how the Nations it annexed felt part of Rome as a whole, not as second class citizens or vassals.

>A group that splintered after the death of one leader

Because internal power struggles, not because the Alexander's legions were recruited and drafted from several provinces other than Greek and Macedonian.

>What are the Mongols?
>A group that splintered after the death of one strong leader

Lasted more than 100 years and gave birth to the Chinese dynasties in the process. Its dissolution was caused by several Mongol provinces seeking autonomy.

>Which Persian dynasty are you referring to?

The Achaemenid through the Sasanian Empires. Which encompassed the majority of the civilized world during its time.

>See Romans

During the British colonial rules the Colonial units were considered fully part of the Continental British Army and most importantly, they felt they were British.

The other British colonies ended up asking or fighting for independence for the same reason the US did, lack of political representation and oppressive rules.

By no means I am saying those Empires were peaceful or didn't suffer revolts, but the notion that you could only keep the peace through religious and ethnic homogeneity is fallacious.
>>
>>31870713
>The Ottomans were Muslim and still managed to have one of the longest lasting empire in the Middle East, it fell because the Empire lost the war against other imperial empires.

Ottomans were Turks with distinct almost "European" culture. Problems with Islam is and has always been with the Arab tribalism.

>So were the Ayyubid/Sudinates started with Saladin in the Middle East, which was composed from several ethnicities and religions from the Middle East.

Meritocratic and open minded caliphates capable to adapt non-arabic ideas. Ended with rise of Arab nepotism and tribalism disguised as a return to the ways of the prophet.. That pissed of other ethinicities leading up to all sorts tribal wars which are still at the core of current instabilities in the Islamic world.

Islam as it is practiced today is basically thinly veiled Arabic cultural-imperialism.
>>
>>31870334
>protip: that is NOT what a country secure in its conventional military security does
That is EXACTLY what a country who wishes to be and stay secure in the future in conventional superiority does.

Are you seriously trying to claim that a robust R&D pipeline is not intrinsically linked to military technological superiority?

How horrifyingly retarded.
>>
>>31869715
Democracy. America lost in Vietnam, Afghanistan and it will lose in Syria - not because it has a bad military, but because its people don't want anything to do with it.
>>
File: 1458434401670.jpg (193KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
1458434401670.jpg
193KB, 600x739px
>>31870343
>Different anon
>What IS wrong, is you people replying to problematic or false arguments with pointless insults and muh stormfaggotry/putin/vatnik/whateverthefuck

TRUST ME GUIZE TOTALLY DIFFERENT ANON

If you don't want to get called a retarded stormfag, don't say retarded shit like >>31870056
>Downsizing armies and undermining it's ethnic homogenity have historically proven to be disastrous in war.
Literally directly quoting from the Stormfag playbook.

If you don't want to get called a Putin shillbot, then don't say retarded shit like >>31870024
>it's the fact that most of the Western World have small standing armies only capable of COIN operations in third world countries with USA
Which is also directly cribbed from the RT and Sputnik News narrative, and parroted by every Vatnik in nearly every goddamn thread on /k/.

Don't want to get called a bitch? Don't act like a bitch.
>>
>>31870815
Like I said I see your point, but you placed loyalty without a mention to culture. To me without a relatively homogeneous culture you won't have a lasting empire.
>>
>>31870862
Took you that long to come up with more retardation to spew? Too bad, tl;dr.
>>
>>31870874

Then we're in agreement.

>>31870816

Europe and the Christian Empires went through the same process through the Middle Ages with succession wars and religious civil wars. It isn't something inherently unique to Islam.

Anyway I'm off to brew some coffee.
>>
>>31869715
Decentralization.
>>
>>31870898
You're sounding pretty salty.
America has done just fine with whites, blacks, browns, yellows and reds.
>>
>>31870874
>but you placed loyalty without a mention to culture
Actually, he was noting that ETHNICITY as a quality is not homogenous in some of the most historically successful empires, in response to the anon who claimed exactly that here >>31870056. He said nothing about CULTURE.

There is an important distinction between culture and ethnicity:
>One must share a common cultural heritage, ancestry, history, homeland, language/dialect, mythology, ritual, cuisine, art, religion, and physical appearance to be considered as a member of an ethnic group.

>[Culture] generally means the non-biological or social aspects of human life which is basically anything that humans learn in a society. A bit similar to ethnicity, but is often used to refer specifically to the symbolic markers used by ethnic groups to distinguish themselves visibly from each other.

>Ethnicity on the other hand, is somewhat similar to one’s culture but is based more on racial roots.

TLDR: while often similar at a glance, culture generally refers to how you live day to day while ethnicity refers much, much more to where you came from and includes a racial element.

It is much, much more common for people of the same cultural bent to be ethnically diverse than the other way around.

Your point about culture being homogenous in most of those armies in several important ways is well taken and true. But it is not accurate when you use culture and ethnicity interchangeably.
>>
I don't know what the "west" is. From a military standpoint, there is NATO in general and 3 individual nation states that constitute lion's share of it's strength.

The problem of NATO is that most of European countries are over-reliant on USA, so they don't spend 2% of GDP as they should. As a result, they lag behind in training, procurement, logistics, infrastructure and usually do not have many fighting-ready units prepared (they would have very slow response time if larger amount of units would be required).

Americans are at lowest size and worst combat readiness any time since WW2, depleted, overstretched, spread thin all over the globe, and no longer able to conduct several big operations simultaneously. US Army doctrine has indivertibly shifted towards counter insurgency away from actual wars against high-end opponents emanating wide array of conventional, asymmetric and advanced cyber/electronic threats. Every warfighting advantage they've enjoyed for the last decades is being wasted in pursuit of "information superiority", "sensor fusion" and wild social experiments, and there is no back up plan if and when those undertakings will falter.

Brits are downsized, underfunded and undergoing severe ideological crisis. Capable to effectively protect the British Isles but barely able to project active power abroad. One short, limited, low-intensity campaign in Africa or Oceania. They can't dedicate more than 20-30k troops on the battlefield or wage war longer than 3-4 months. Preferably without casualties. UK has no capacity for state-on-state conflict. The Brits can't and won't fight a war in continental Europe.

French are somewhat better: robust MIC, formidable nuclear deterrence, high rate of maintenance, constant combat deployments, freedom of action outside NATO. Best army in Europe, but only because everyone else around is even more reduced and underfunded. Still not ready to engage anyone other than desert sandpeople and african tribals.
>>
>>31870898
>I have nothing else to do by post-reply camp on /k/

are we really counting coup on reply times now? on /k/?

why the fuck is /pol/ here right now? go the fuck away.
>>
>>31870931
>salty
Did you miss the tl;dr?
>>
>>31870924
>It isn't something inherently unique to Islam.

Didn't claim it's a unique feature of their culture. However I do claim that when the rest of the world is progressing they are regressing due to this idea of going back to the "ways of the prophet" aka Arabic culture and tribalism.
>>
>>31870217
So you don't deny getting filtered out ?
>>
>>31870950
>Americans are at lowest size and worst combat readiness any time since WW2, depleted, overstretched, spread thin all over the globe
Wow. That's a whole lot of bullshit right there. Lets run through a few points:

If you look only at numbers of ships, aircraft and fully modernized armored vehicles, this might seem true. However:

COMPARATIVELY, that is compared to other competitors/potential adversaries, the US conventional forces are stronger now than they ever have been in history, including just after WWII. The USN has over three times the commissioned tonnage of the nearest navy, including 5-7 times the overall combat capability in strength and flexibility (depending on whose assessment you're reading). The USN literally has more commissioned tonnage in cruisers and destroyers OR CATOBAR carriers than the next largest navies do total.

The USAF, USN, USMC and USArmy have collectively twice the number of fixed wing combat aircraft, again generally at a higher qualitative/operative level across the board. They have three times the number of attack helicopters compared to the next countries on the list, in fact the US possesses 1/5th of all operational attack helicopters on the planet. In logistics aircraft/capability it's not even worth tallying the numbers the US is so far ahead. In total, the US military has close to 14,000 aircraft. The next country is Russia at 3,500.

Those are just the raw numbers. We can go on for several hundred page comparing combat systems, tactics and combined warfare capabilities, but it will only drive the point home.

As for this:
>no longer able to conduct several big operations simultaneously.
The US literally just got finished spending a decade fighting two very large scale COIN operations both of which began with large conventional actions on the other side of the world. At the same time. With enough resources left over to keep carriers and sizable forces in the other commands all over the world.
>>
>>31870950
>Every warfighting advantage they've enjoyed for the last decades is being wasted in pursuit of "information superiority", "sensor fusion" and wild social experiments, and there is no back up plan if and when those undertakings will falter.
I would love to see a coherent argument suggesting that the US is at any significant disadvantage against any current military, or even two militaries, in "warfighting capability".
>>
>>31870950
My only issue with this post is that most, if not all of the nations mentioned are technically on a peacetime footing and are still in the recovery stages from the financial crash in 2008.

>Brits are downsized, underfunded and undergoing severe ideological crisis. Capable to effectively protect the British Isles but barely able to project active power abroad. One short, limited, low-intensity campaign in Africa or Oceania. They can't dedicate more than 20-30k troops on the battlefield or wage war longer than 3-4 months. Preferably without casualties. UK has no capacity for state-on-state conflict. The Brits can't and won't fight a war in continental Europe.

That doesn't make any sense considering we were in exactly the same position in the early 1980's when the falklands kicked off and we still managed to sail a force across the globe and soundly beat the Argentinians.

However I do agree that the cuts are causing serious operational questions in the Army. The governments idea that we can rely more heavily on a reserve based force is laughable.
>>
File: 1476990874200.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476990874200.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>>31869715

Millennials.

Most of them are mentally and psychologically not fit for combat or service.

If the US gets into a large shooting war, it cannot rely on conscription, it will have to contract Mexicans or something to fight for them.
>>
>>31871315
>the US will need its immigrants and lowest socio-economic classes to provide a disporopotionate amount of drafted combat power in a large conflict

this is different from WWI, WWII, Korea or Vietnam how? Seriously. Read a book, anon.
>>
>>31871315
Good thing it already contracts Mexicans, especially by offering green cards to anyone who serves
>>
>>31871359
>Good thing it already contracts Mexicans, especially by offering green cards to anyone who serves
This is historically aberrant (across any world power in history) how? Using military service as a fast track to full citizenship is undesirable how?

Giving a citizenship fast track to someone who has served the public through military service and fought for the country rather than someone who shies away from fulfilling their responsibilities to the country seems like a great idea. In fact, assholes who make several million a year and can't be fucked to pay taxes seem a lot LESS patriotic than an immigrant who serves his adopted country in the military to me.
>>
File: 243.png (35KB, 587x496px) Image search: [Google]
243.png
35KB, 587x496px
>>31870166

I think there's a hint of "this thread is Russian propaganda" in the air here.

Let's put it the other way around too:
WHAT ARE THE MANY, MANY GIRLY WEAKNESSES OF THE HOMOSEXUAL RUSSIAN BITCH MILITARY?
>>
>>31871395
>all of the weaknesses
>>
File: krokodil-user-injecting.jpg (43KB, 630x501px) Image search: [Google]
krokodil-user-injecting.jpg
43KB, 630x501px
>>31871315
Yeah those Ruskies man, big as bears and twice as mean
>>
>>31871049
Never bothered with serving and never wanted too, also I am not the one who made the original post. Destabilizing the middle east for shit reasoning doesn't interest me. The fact that you are so asshurt that people still dont like fags is very implicitly white and Anglo.
>>
File: MMHwNCD.jpg (179KB, 1670x1743px) Image search: [Google]
MMHwNCD.jpg
179KB, 1670x1743px
>>31869715
>Where do you think the Wests military weaknesses lie
No competent enemy.
The western military is chronically underfunded because China has no real ability to threaten anyone that matters and the russian military is a pathetic paper tiger that has to resort to hiring paid shills to bolster its tattered reputation online.
>>
Militarily the west has no weakness, culturally it is doomed.
>>
File: grilled_chicken_2.png (382KB, 956x614px) Image search: [Google]
grilled_chicken_2.png
382KB, 956x614px
>>31871315

They are good at video games though.

Would not hesitate for a second to launch high tech weaponry at homosexual bitch Russian "men".
>>
>>31871315
>Le "millenials are shitty" maymay
>Ignores the fact that most of the dudes in Afghanistan and Iraq were/are millennials

Also

>Implying that most of the US population at any point in history was "mentally and psychologically not fit for combat."

Get lost, oldfag. Wave your cane at skateboarders or something.
>>
>>31871914
Meant to say
>Implying that most of the US population at any point in history was mentally and psychologically fit for combat.

The point being very, very, very few people are natural born fighters.
>>
File: chicken4.jpg (125KB, 563x675px) Image search: [Google]
chicken4.jpg
125KB, 563x675px
>>31871880

In fact, Russian men are SO HOMOSEXUAL that they had to BAN "homosexual propaganda" to keep themselves from going full homo in public places.

Their government is trying hard to hide the out-of-control homosexuality, especially in the military, by overly aggressive shows of force.

"You think we're homo bitches? Here's a jet plane to prove we like manly things! And a huge phallic, I mean, ballistic missile!"

Would you trust such people?
>>
>>31871914
Youngest millennial would of hit boot in 03', most hit during the surge in 08', some of us are still trying after everything else didn't work out.
>>
>>31871965
>remembering that long discussion with russians on pol or int, who swear that fucking a man is not gay as long as it is something about power
It all makes sense now.
>>
Overreliance on US support.

As it is, Europe as a whole cannot stand a war against Russia. What Europe have are not combat forces but diplomatical forces which only function is to please some part of a nostalgic population and intervene in very specific situations to solve certain crisis(kidnaps, COIN, pirate defense...) and let the US root out the big problems.

The endgame of these armies is not the invasion nor the defense of the country but rather gaining political favors and prestige in the geopolitical scenario.

If the EU armies were ready for defense or offense there would be a military industrial complex in every country and some level of strategic resources to feed the warmachine as needed, instead the production of equipment is either outsourced to other countries that might not allow them the use of their own equipment(see Spain-US) or to sustain prolonged conflicts, forcing the whole economic system into war mode is much more difficult in the EU than the US.

And the EU is not united, it might sound stupid, but for example; switzerland would just say "I never actually was an actual EU member" and Norway can say the same, i would even dare to say that if Russia would dare to recover its lost political influence by forming the eastern block all over again by force, unless the US acts in favour of the EU, there wouldn't be any direct answer from Germany or France and instead they would use the eastern block countries to start rearming themselves again, much like Russia used Eastern Europe as a buffer zone in case of NATO invasion.

And what else is in the west? Canada? Mexico? Australia? Can we count on Japan? Neither of these agents are on the level of the US and they would abstain from intervening.

West armies were a bunch of doped guys in the 80s fed by the US, now they have abstinence syndrome.
>>
>voting

Voting is the weak link, because an unpopular war that lasts too long will seal the fate of the politicians who rely on it, and bring in new politicians that promise to end the fighting.
>>
>>31869715
Everyone who isnt the USA
>>
>>31871357
>this is different from WWI, WWII, Korea or Vietnam how?

Those people were lean, fit and robust. Millennials are soft, squishy and fat. Mexicans are too fat.
>>
>>31872319
Not anymore

The Democratic Party has a permanent supermajority in the US now, they can do whatever they want
>>
File: 1474949534382.jpg (52KB, 1092x816px) Image search: [Google]
1474949534382.jpg
52KB, 1092x816px
>>31871914
>>Ignores the fact that most of the dudes in Afghanistan and Iraq were/are millennials

Great success story. A shitty-ass policing operation against sand niggers.

How do you think they would have stood against a determined enemy, with field artillery, an airforce, mechanized infantry, special forces and an army of 2-5 million?

Yeah, nah, you're a soft cunt.

Get back to me when the Millenials get a taste of total war.
>>
>>31872436
>Those people were lean, fit and robust. Millennials are soft, squishy and fat. Mexicans are too fat.
I think you mean undernourished, impoverished and often suffering from long term nutrient deficiency. Especially before WWI (we still had massive hookwork infection levels in South and general nutritional deficiencies nationwide) and WWII (an entire generation of children who often went hungry and skipped several meals a week due to the Great Depression, much less actually getting balanced meals).

Every single generation which has fought has had its challenges. Including substance abuse in Vietnam and long term combat fatigue/apathy from WWII vets in Korea.
>>
>>31871030
To be honest almost all cultures or sub cultures embrace the idea of going back. Even in US for a large part its going back to the '50s and '60s values and the economy. It just so happens that the last time Arabs were on top it was from 700s to 900s.

And in broad scene the humanity as a whole is regressing. We are returning to dogmatism, just with different dogmatic values than the last time.
>>
>>31872436
>Those people were lean, fit and robust. Millennials are soft, squishy and fat. Mexicans are too fat.
You are fucking retarded and historically illiterate. 35.8% of perspective draftees were rejected for service in WWII, a huge increase on WWI draft rejection rates (21.3%). By Korea, it had risen slightly to 37%, even though Student Deferment was introduced and expected to make the percentage much worse. By Dec. 1962, that rate reached the all time high of 58%, mostly due to over- and under-weight draftees, in addition to men being functionally illiterate (draft boards drawing more heavily from underprivileged classes and ignoring/deferring better connected/more influential/more wealthy families among a few other reasons) and having other physical defects.

Saying the population was somehow intrinsically more fit for military service "in the good old days" shows a deep ignorance of historical fact on the matter.

Stop buying into this bullshit narrative that the country was somehow without defect back in the good old days and nothing but shit now.

>>31872469
The fact remains that the US took a completely professional, volunteer force to the other side of the world and fought two large scale primarily COIN wars simultaneously for a decade.

You can say a lot of shit about "kids these days" but I simply do not by that they're completely soft.
>>
>>31872469

Greatly the US just achieves aerial superiority in hours and by tomorrow morning people are steamrolling in Abrams into the enemy capital while the infantry has their fun with the pockets of resistance here and there.
>>
>>31869784
>Allowing mentally ill faggots on the frontline is a good thing

Kys
>>
>>31869888
Mate have you even read anything on the Soviet Union? Russia and Russians were to be first among equals, a Stalinist policy following the lack of international revolution. Nationalism in practice, internationalism in rhetoric.

t. Psci and history major specializing in Russia + Soviet Union
>>
>>31872709
>Implying you would even know the difference between a gay and a str8 man when in combat.
>>
>>31872895
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3303087/Male-male-rape-military-15-times-prevalent-Pentagon-reporting-according-new-study.html
>Male on male rape is now 15 times higher in the US Military.
>B-but it doesnt affect you! Love is love bigot!
>>
>>31869772
This and allowing liberals in general to have opinions
>>
The inability to conscript its own citizens and use them to win wars regardless of casualties
>>
>>31870003
Not him, but yes while we are cynical, the cynical in us is more of cultural thing, just like I assume it might being that English people talk everytime about the day weather. Being cynical is seperate from nationalism feeling though, and any ethnically Russian, even if they don't like government, still feel sense of nationalism for history and Russia.

t. Russian
R8 my learning-in-progress English plz
>>
>>31872965
Most gay people enjoy beeing bottom anyway

Gay =/= rapist
>>
>>31872469
>Get back to me when the millennials get a taste of total war

And you have had this taste, gramps? The guys you're shitting on have seen more than you have or ever will, and if I'm a soft cunt then you're a salty one.
>>
>>31869784
I'd rather have a fit faggot who can ruck all day and shoot straight watching my back than a fat autist like you, anon.
>>
>>31872965
>Implying that that is due to gays and not the sort of homoerotic hazing/bantz that the military has been doing forever

Okay, dipshit.
>>
>>31872965
That shit is from the homo-masculine culture in the military. Buttgrabs and semen pranks all around.
>>
File: Iraq-War-Protests.jpg (99KB, 800x546px) Image search: [Google]
Iraq-War-Protests.jpg
99KB, 800x546px
>>31869960
Soldiers are willing to fight, the people are not.
Lack of public support in and of itself is a problem.
When it translates to a shortage of soldiers, it's an even greater problem.
>>
>>31873489
Fuck me, my reading comprehension is shit. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>31872965
An infantry barracks is the single most concentrated form of gayness known to mankind. You can take 50 dudes who are 100% straight, stick them in an infantry barracks, and within a week they'll be singing fucking backstreet boys songs in the shower together.
>>
>>31869888
Which one of the Ussr leaders were actually ok and not a maniacal cartoon villain
>>
File: goodkill.jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
goodkill.jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
>>31871880
>Watching movie about UAVs
>Captain Protagonist gets all torn up
>This guy in back is always like FUCK YEAH KILL THEM TURRURISTS
As an atheist and a person with some degree of intelligence, I'd never be in the combat arms, but I'd be happy to fuck some sand niggers up by remote control.
>>
>>31873579
This guy gets it.
Anywhere a bunch of dudes are together in close proximity will lead to that, be it a college rugby team or an infantry unit.
>>
>>31873419
>even if they don't like government, still feel sense of nationalism for history and Russia.
Just like any American will feel patriotism and love for America while also thinking politicians and government officials are generally retarded and incompetent.

I didn't say they were less patriotic, only no more so than your average American serviceman, and perhaps flavored with a bit more cynicism.
>>
File: свт40затвор.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
свт40затвор.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>31873663
>R8 my learning-in-progress English plz
>>
>>31873802
Excellent colloquial diction and syntax, slight artifacts of Slavic-language thinking, though these are probably only noticeable to me because I lived in Russia for a decade.

Things like
>that English people talk everytime about the day weather.
Would look more like:
>that English people will always make small talk about the weather given half a chance
or
>that English people are likely to talk about the weather in light conversation
etc.
Just idiomatic finesse more than anything. Practice practice practice. Reading contemporary novels in English would be the easiest way to refine this outside moving to an English speaking country for a couple years.

Overall good casual conversational skill, all of the information was communicated completely without much decoding needed, though you've still a ways to go before being in amazing shape for formal communication.
>>
>>31869869
Hans here,we probably drag it down a lot,i heared about 15% would be willing to fight.
>>
>>31873610
being combat arms has nothing to do with religious beliefs or how smart you are
>>
>>31869715
In yourself.
>>
>>31874365
No atheists in the trenches. There's an incompatibility there.
>>
>>31869715

Anyone know if those SA2s or SA1s?

If those are Guidlines, i had know idea just how fucking massive they were...
>>
>>31869715
What is the missile in pic?
>>
We're not good with taking casualties anymore.

5 people dead is a major news event now. It sucks, but it's war and people die. I don't know what you were expecting. In WW2 that would have been a great day.
>>
>>31874939

That's wrong: plenty of atheists jump at the idea of being able to completely erase someone from existence, especially those of rival faiths.
>>
>>31869715
At the top
>>
Is anyone really in serious disagreement that the US Armed Forces couldn't fight the literal rest of the world (non-nuclear) combined?

The US Navy and Air Force alone are more formidable than the rest of the world's equivalent capability combined, particularly the Navy. That's a pretty goddamn hard to dispute fact.
>>
>>31869715
>it's education "why american so great"
>CNNt and BBQ
>don't forget 911 and its really happen
>we got moon first moon is ours
>"transformer 3" launch Iranian got fuck in first scene
> "avenger 2" launch eastern ukrainian in first scene

couple millions of viewer just found out RT's.. they'all losing their shit and freeze Putin's foreign bank account.
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (89KB, 497x943px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.jpg
89KB, 497x943px
>>31878162
>>
File: IMG_0033.jpg (549KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0033.jpg
549KB, 600x1200px
>>31878162
>>
File: 1459922543009.png (902KB, 1500x4007px) Image search: [Google]
1459922543009.png
902KB, 1500x4007px
>>31869715
For Europe at least, their biggest weakness is being right fucking next to Russia
>>
File: 1413094990985.jpg (93KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1413094990985.jpg
93KB, 612x612px
>>31869784
Don't worry, Anon, your Intersectionalist Allies are working on it!

"The US military will review recruitment practices to better reflect the changing face of America, including by possibly welcoming single parents, overweight people and even those who've smoked pot, the Pentagon said Tuesday."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pentagon-reviews-recruitment-standards-including-tattoos-pot-231415448.html
>>
>>31878680
>that lone Kurwa
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.