[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I combat sleep paralysis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
How do I combat sleep paralysis?
>>
Sleep on your side, then only 1 arm will fall asleep.
>>
File: IMG_2397.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2397.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>31793791
>>
>>31793791
.45 to center of mass
>>
exercise and avoid stress. worked for me
>>
Not a weapon

But you should kill yourself. Not like your life is going to improve.
>>
File: 1475311377637.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475311377637.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>31793853
Jesus Christ annon are you five? Your not playing cod on tour big Brothers sexbox bro. This board is 18+
>>
>>31793791
Get checked for sleep apnea. Alternatively, use it to drill anti-fear exercises. I used to get absolutely terrifying ones with the shadow people trying to kill me and everything, but once I found out what they were (i.e. brain anomalies during disturbed sleep/wake cycles) I would practice trying to attack them whenever it happened, even though I was stuck in place and paralyzed. Eventually I stopped having the terror/panic element but I would still get paralyzed and wake up angry as fuck after because it's a very uncomfortable sensation and I think I have conditioned myself to just get pissed as fuck instead of scared now.

Of course, I don't have any of that anymore since CPAP is love, CPAP is life. Don't die of a heart attack, OP.
>>
File: yK7dHn6.jpg (3MB, 3120x2322px) Image search: [Google]
yK7dHn6.jpg
3MB, 3120x2322px
>>31793791
>>
>>31793878
it never manifested that way for me. i mostly experience it as a black hole of sorts appearing in my vision and trying to suck the life out of me.
>>
>>31793791
realize its nothing, i had it almost every day as a kid thinking i was haunted by ghosts, untill i googled it and found out what it was i no longer feared it. it made me more relaxed which is great since stress and anxiety may cause it. i get it now at most 1ce every few months, and most of the time i wake up in time to stop it. it will pass anon trust me
>>
you know whats cool about sleep paralysis is that it doesnt paralyze your breathing. take manual control of your breathing, short rapid breaths and you should find yourself gaining full physical control much faster.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-24-23h27m14s693.png (577KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-24-23h27m14s693.png
577KB, 1280x528px
>>31793791
ive had 3 episodes of this in my life

1> spider next to my head, couldnt scream, couldnt move, kept creeping closer, then finally my body turned on and i escaped the imaginary spider

2> sleeping on couch, open eyes, my sister is standing in front of me, all of a sudden, unbelivable, undeniable, screaming sensation in my head that that is NOT my sister, breathing and heart go completely apeshit, demon in my sisters body turns head towards me, eyes morph slowly to completely black, cant catch breath, cant move, eyes fly open, can move, in my bedroom, not in living room.

3> undesribable horror that something is in my closet, cant move, breathing fast. feeling wont go away, come to, start screaming bloody murder in my room, dad kicks in my door. made me pay for it lol.

shit sucks bc it feels so real when its happening.
>>
>>31793791
>How do I combat sleep paralysis?

AR-15
>>
>>31793791
WRONG BOARD, YOU'RE ON THE WRONG BOARD. THIS IS A WEAPONS BOARD WHERE WE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS. THIS DOES NOT CONCERN US.
>>
Gotta face your demons dude.

Its something inside your body or mind.

Like how hacktivists and thieves love putting malware and viruses in everything people enjoy doing that to our minds. Its cruel and destructive but it is what it is.

Kinda like viruses that effect our bodies... There's no way they'd evolve and end up like that, something had to create it. Technically biological viruses aren't alive, just unconscious robots bent on total destruction of anything they can infect.
>>
>>31794010
Should I buy drywall mud?
>>
>>31793950
That's just whole vagina dentata thing, all guys get that.

Learn to enjoy your sleep paralysis. It frightened me when I was young, but I grew to love the odd sensation it gives you. It's the only time you have full control of your entire brain. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>31794026

No, viruses are /k/ material because they have been used as weapons and IIRC there's proofs viruses have been deliberately altered or created for use as weapons.

Kinda like anything can be a dildo if you're brave enough, anything is a weapon. See all the successful "/k/avemen rock" threads.
>>
>>31794051
>Should I buy drywall mud?

No, the gun is just a deterrent.
>>
>>31794084
So I shouldn't shoot at the first sign I feel danger?
>>
>>31793853
>>>/b/
>>
>>31793791
Try to make peace with your past and develop a foolhardy rip and tear attitude towards the occult.
>>
>>31793878
fuck yeah, CPAP!
man, I forgot how nice a good night sleep feels.

>mfw I'll never hide out innawoods without giving away my position via my loud ass snoring.
>>
File: 1473382720409.png (884KB, 1439x1398px) Image search: [Google]
1473382720409.png
884KB, 1439x1398px
When you wake up start trying to move your toes or fingers and slowly move to moving your arm or leg
>>
>>31794680
You can get battery packs that can run a cpap for 2 nights
>>
Is it normal to have these manifestations that I keep reading about? Because for me sleep paralysis is when I wake up and it feels like I forgot how to breathe and I seem to suffocate for about a minute until my body wakes up.
>>
File: 1471212283387.jpg (38KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
1471212283387.jpg
38KB, 600x423px
How long does it take for you guys to snap out of it? I can make myself aware that I'm dreaming and tell myself to wakeup. I get sleep paralysis about 6-7 times a year.
>>
>>31795381
Sleep on your stomach or side, it's because your soft palate is blocking your airway, and your body wakes up reflexively, but your voluntary muscles stay asleep for a while afterwards. The panic of not being able to breathe lingers, and your mind invents something horrifying to explain it. The two I remember were a little girl that said "nightmare~!" is this teasing singsong voice before lunging at me, and the other was just a black lump of a figure drifting along the foot of my bed.
>>
Sleep paralysis is caused by the great deceiver trying to steal your soul.
The wrong way to deal with it:
>thinking that the problem has nothing to do with your spirit and mind
>getting exercise to better yourself
>trying to improve your health, diet, and routine to gain a regular sleep routine going
>getting higher education to gain a stable job, freeing you from the burden of poverty
>a loving wife and a son that follows your every step
>getting /fit/ and looking down on other mortals who chose to live a degenerate life
>proud and beautiful, you choose to put yourself on a throne above all other men and thus allow Satan to consume your soul
>you destroy the lives of thousands whilst truly believing that you are just
>after living a life of evil, your son continues to carry the devil

The right way
>go to church and worship Jesus Christ and his way of life
>pray to the lord whenever the shadows come after you in sleep

It's that simple OP God bless.
>>
Just relax. The "buzzing" and hostile presence will fade away, but you may still feel like your out of your body for a little while/
>>
>>31795548
Get out of here Satan.
>>
>>31793791

I struggled with it for a while, then one time I woke up it was particularly bad and the night before I'd been reading some warhammer novels, I was convinced something was next to my bed so I got incredibly angry, yelled FOR THE EMPEROR and tried to tackle it. Sadly I didn't take down a ghost, the only casualty was my bookshelf. Haven't had a problem since, emps truly does protect
>>
>>31793791
Never go to sleep without fapping. Gotta get rid of the bad-gunky.
>>
File: SHADOPPL.jpg (21KB, 640x537px) Image search: [Google]
SHADOPPL.jpg
21KB, 640x537px
Why is it almost always a lurking, tall black figure?
Historical depictions across multiple cultures tend to describe the same apparition which makes me doubt this shit is nothing more than a hallucination.
>>
Are you going to bed super late? I find that if I'm just dropping into bed around 2 and literally pass out I tend to get it more than if I get comfy around 12 and gradually fall asleep.
>>
>>31793791
Stop being a pussy
>>
Y'all do realize that sleep paralysis is natural and happens every time you sleep, yeah? It's the way your body prevents you from doing dumb shit in your sleep.

The issue is when your sleep is too light or you're being jolted awake, like in a nightmare. If you come out of sleep unnaturally, your body may still be on lockdown. This is why you have a perception of immobility.
>>
>>31793791
Rig a loaded shotgun to sensors over your eyelids and aim it over the foot of your bed at a wall-mounted target. Sure you'll have to use a shell each night, but it'll kill anything physical and scare you awake if you're sleeping. As an added bonus, a shotgun going off above your head will make sure you get out of bed with plenty of energy.
>>
Tonight was the first night I experienced a sexual sleep paralysis. I've had the paralysis about a dozen times before but this time I was in my Mom's older bedroom about to get a blowjob from this hot Thai tranny when I felt the "presence" sensation below me but couldn't look down. It didn't feel like a blowjob but I got rock fucking hard. It was like this for almost a minute when I broke out of it and started facefucking the trap. I came buckets everywhere and then sucked her dick. Once we both came about I frantically ran to each cum spot in the room and licked it up.

It was pretty hot.
>>
>>31797059
That's not really what this is.
>>
>>31797098
It's exactly what it is, slutmuffin. It's a pretty important detail for people that do lucid dreaming shit because the onset of sleep paralysis means you're doing it right.
>>
>>31797155
You are still asleep during sleep paralysis senpai.
>>
>>31797033
>Why is it almost always a lurking, tall black figure?
Because it's always the local negro breaking into houses.
>>
>>31797167
Yeah. You totally are. I agree with that.

But that's the problem. You're in a state of sleep where you're close enough to awake that you feel the paralysis in your waking body. It means you're in a very light state of sleep.
>>
>>31793815
Double tap that then Mozambique drill finish
>>
>>31793853
Is this game available in VR ?
>>
File: szYqkGC.jpg (80KB, 1776x996px) Image search: [Google]
szYqkGC.jpg
80KB, 1776x996px
>>31794004
>dad kicks in door, makes me pay for it
>>
>>31797170
This
>>
>>31793791
I sleep on my side and cover my eyes so i won't have to wake up with the pretty yet still terrifying glowing white ghost girl squatting on my chest and staring at me anymore
>>
>>31797351
It would be pretty terrifying to have a ghost girl take a dump on your chest, yes. And some people would pay for that experience.
>>
>>31797371
He wasn't shitting on me, she was just silently stating into my eyes
>>
>>31797461
She*
>>
>>31793791
think of making that one, perfect shot and seeing the pink mist....repeat as many times as needed
>>
>>31794746
This. Sometimes I get sleep paralysis as I'm starting to fall asleep as well as when I wake up. Usually I can recognise the sensation when an episode is about to start, so I focus on moving any part of my body I can. It works most of the time.
>>
Know the symptoms so you are aware it is happening. I've had sleep paralysis once and I literally said to myself huh I am experiencing sleep paralysis and the level of freakout was nonexistent because knowing that I was in control. What did scare me about it was the after the fact. I decided to reach for my gun and shoot the smokey man using me down. I woke up or became unparalyzed when my hand reached my gun. Idk if I actually got my hand on it in real life or not and that is the part that scares me because if it did, I was a microsecond from at the very least shooting my house and at the worst shooting someone in another room by accident. Fortunately I was alone so the second wouldn't have happened.

Can green text if interested.
>>
>>31797554
I didn't know you could post from prison, Mr Pistorious
>>
>>31793791

by not being a whiny pussy bitch

so yeah you're fucked OP lol
>>
>>31795521
*tips respectfully in your direction*
>>
>>31797554
I'm interested
>>
File: Face of disgust.gif (2MB, 295x211px) Image search: [Google]
Face of disgust.gif
2MB, 295x211px
Fucking hell /k/ I just took a 2 hour nap after reading this thread a bit and had a sleep paralysis with some weird dreams with my mom in it. Nothing spooky tho, just weird

To wake up, I tried to swing my whole body from left to right until I could sit up, then I tried hammering my head on the wall. When I couldn't feel pain I kept trying shaking my whole body again until I could really open my eyes.

I think you just have to fight it for long enough with all your mental force until you just wake somehow
>>
>>31793791
Couldn't tell you because I've never experienced it. I always have at least slight control over my body when I'm in a light sleep. When I'm in deep sleep, I always transition to light sleep before waking up.
>>
>>31797563
Yea they're pretty chill to Olympians in prison here. All the 4chan and butsechts I want.
1/3
>>31798431
>Be recently reading lots of 2spooky stories on /k/ including some sleep paralysis & lucid dreaming stories that came up
>Time to go to family's cabin in rural somewhat secluded but not entirely removed part of nh to close for winter
>Mid Nov right now
>love going to cabin by myself, can be so quite that you can hear your own heartbeat
>Have good say doing a little hiking, playing with guns and myself
>Make nice jambalaya for dinner and have smoke and a finger of bourbon while reading till I'm sleepy
>Been kinda on edge all night being alone in cabin but not the normal alone for the first time in ages on edge/discomfort/adjustment but cant place feeling just blame 2 spooky stories
>hit hay around 12 but decide to sleep with bedside lamp on cause of bad vibes and sleep with gun under pillow (first time ever doing that)
>Wake up at unknown time semi startled awake, iirc from looking at phone after 230-330 am
>Feel pressure on chest but not like a weight and not like a breathless feeling either
>Look to right and see humanoid shape standing next to bed holding me down with one outstretched arm
>Kinda feels like someone is under the bead pulling the sheets tight against my body so I can't move
>Figure is black and looks like wispy smoke, like the smoke monster from lost coalesced into man shape
>No discernable features like monster is shadows in face/wearing a skin tight body suite so you just get the shape
>Can't sit-up can't move arms can't move legs but can kinda roll side to side a little bit
>Start to freak out a bit but then remember 2spooky stories and symptoms of sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming
>Consciously say to self "huh I'm having a lucid dream or sleep paralysis" and instantly at ease as I know it's not real and all I have to do is wait it out
>>
2/3
>>31799859
>But still decide to struggle idk why given what I just said to myself
>Decide well fuck this guy I'm gonna shoot him anyways that'll learn em
>Figure if I can get an arm free I can then free the other one and get the gun and shoot
>Start thrashing violently side to side kind of building up momentum and slowly wriggling my right arm out
>Free right arm and begin hitting the thing in the face while thrashing body to free left arm
>Tfw southpaw and couldn't grab gun with right hand anyways
>Smoke man unfazed by strikes, doesn't pass through him but it also doesn't feel like I'm hitting anything even though I feel the hits connecting.
>I guess like punching a memory foam mattress
>Free left arm
Up until this point it was very clear to me that this was a lucid dream or sleep paralysis. Past this point I can no longer distinguish reality from that experience because I am not 100% sure that I was not actually physically moving my body, like if another person was there would I be actually moving or am I just dreaming that I am moving? I cannot tell and that is the truely terrifying part to me.
>Free hand goes for gun
>Free hand is on grip of gun
>Free hand is extracting gun hasn't cleared pillow yet
>Poof I'm fully awake, the smoke man is gone, and my whole body can move again
>Kinda awake with a spasm
>hand on gun underpillow but don't know if from spasing awake or not
>Reflect on incidence of smoke figure holding me down in bed but oddly at ease and peace with situation
>Fall back to sleep quickly and sleep rest of night without incident
>Not till next day it occurs to me that I could have shot house or someone by accident
>Dont sleep with gun under pillow for a while
>>
3/3
>>31799859
>>31799866
Happened about 3 years ago. Nothing exactly similar has happened since but 2 weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night with half of my body asleep longways, iirc the left side, I sleep on my right typically. Nothing else was remarkable about that incident, as soon as I tried to move everything came back online.

I read a creepypasta after this about a marine or army guy in Iraq who encountered what he believes to be a djinn, his description is pretty similar to what I remember of the smoky figure, I've got the pasta somewhere around here but would appreciate it if someone could post it and cap this.

Iirc in the sorry he shoots at it as it's in the shape of a man made of shadows it goes under a house or something and disappears through a wall
>>
>>31797059
>It's the way your body prevents you from doing dumb shit in your sleep.

I assume you mean like to stop you from sleepwalking.

Also what does it mean then when someone can both sleep talk and sleep walk? I've carried conversations with my parents and cousins when I was younger. In my college years I could get up from the couch go open the front door, and walk down the front steps all while being asleep. My parents could then go after me, and either grab me by the arm to walk me back inside to my bedroom or call out to me and I'd walk back inside. granted the sleep walking stuff would be in the dead of night so idk how the fuck I never hurt myself.

It's been years since that has happened to me but I'm living in my own house now so maybe my sleep talking/sleep walking persona just doesn't care to act out anymore.
>>
File: 1436584935403.png (80KB, 838x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1436584935403.png
80KB, 838x1010px
>>31793791

It's simple anon you just try to move as hard as you can and eventually break free of it. One downside is that you feel terribly exhausted once you are free. That's what I do. Oh and another tip is after breaking free wait for a bit till going back to bed or it will happen again.
>>
>>31793791
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>31793791
Sleep in the middle of the day
>>
I remember suffering from it a couple of times some years ago, definitely a very unpleasant experience, only time that I clearly remember, I was "seeing" some big dog like thing on top of me.
>>
>>31797467
>Trap ghosts?
Well, it was inevitable.
>>
>>31793791

Exercise and a regular sleep schedule. Don't oversleep. These cured it for me. Oversleep is the big one... if I wake up after 7h and try to get another 2 on a weekend or something, that's when it happens.
>>
File: 1427509750146.jpg (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1427509750146.jpg
72KB, 300x300px
>>31793791
Anyone here ever practice lucid dreaming and live out their /k/ fantasies?
>>
>>31798469
>with some weird dreams with my mom in it
did you two fug?
>>
>>31794115
You would be paralyzed, so no.
>>
>>31793791

I don't get sleep paralysis, but I frequently get this feeling of being stuck in a dream. I realize it's a dream, but I'm unable to wake up. Usually it's accompanied by this crazy rushing noise/feeling in my head. It's risky, but whenever this happens I try to start peeing. The feeling of needing to pee will usually wake me up or at least will cause me to "wake up" into another dream that is usually easier to get out of. I haven't actually peed the bed yet so I say it works.
>>
>>31793791
>tfw I get sleep paralysis every now and then but I've never seen or heard any scary shit, the panic for me is not being able to move or breathe, at least easily, I usually just close my eyes and "go back to sleep" though at point I dreamt I was in my basement and the door slammed by itself, tried to open it but it was locked, I "woke up" in bed but every time I got out I would find myself back in the bed again, closed my eyes and woke up for real
>>
>>31793791
Drink a anti sleep paralysis potion before going to sleep.
Those Dark Brotherhood assholes always use those glass daggers with the effect on them.
>>
>>31805277
Fucking 4chan
>>
>>31794004
>made me pay for it

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>31806028
>"daddy no!"
>>
File: 1459693685317.png (205KB, 310x329px) Image search: [Google]
1459693685317.png
205KB, 310x329px
How do I combat wet dreams? It happens quite often.
>>
>>31793950
Holy shit I had the same thing happen to me back in highschool
>>
>>31795521
Works. Had the problem in highschool, havent had it since accepted Jesus into my heart
>>
>>31806421
Just be yourself :^)™ and find a gf that drains your balls every time before you go to sleep.
>>
>>31806421
Jerk off every night before going to bed.
>>
>>31804271
Nay
She was just overly mad
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.