[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 48

File: 1471994539957.jpg (95KB, 595x426px) Image search: [Google]
1471994539957.jpg
95KB, 595x426px
Military Enlistment General /MEG/
Lame Duck edition

Previous thread
>>31737574

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857
>>
File: 1436109624518.png (73KB, 244x331px) Image search: [Google]
1436109624518.png
73KB, 244x331px
>The USS Illinois gets commissioned on the 29th
>Michelle Obama is the USS Illinois's sponsor

Does this mean she'll be coming to Groton?
>>
File: 1455349343429.jpg (108KB, 1341x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1455349343429.jpg
108KB, 1341x1252px
Reposting: thinking of either being infantry, commando or para, can pass the fitnes requirements for infantry, any tips for good exercise? Especially
upper body, legs are fine

also how do i relax? and can they tell i have mental health problems?
>>
File: Huou7Gh.gif (207KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
Huou7Gh.gif
207KB, 500x260px
>>31775169
I don't know why people shit on this photo,

Like yes, the gun is rusty as fuck, but at least he has good trigger discipline.

For your answer, I am guessing you are UK by the "commando", so I don't know a whole lot about it, but good upper body requires a strong back and shoulders so try pullups/chinups, with dips, overheads, flys and your basic pushup variations

To stay calm do basic breathing exercises
>see pic related
and what type of mental health problems are you talking about?
>>
File: 1476236120385.jpg (88KB, 464x767px) Image search: [Google]
1476236120385.jpg
88KB, 464x767px
>>31775169
>also how do i relax?
What?
See >>31776133 for the most part
>flys
complete meme dont do it
But Pullups, Dips are good. OHP and bench. Rows and Power Cleans if you wanna be a rockstar. Deads dont hurt either. But if you actually gotta ask this question then chances are you dont even know how to do any of the shit i just said.

>>31774448
>Does this mean she'll be coming to Groton?
Maybe, why, trying to fuck?
>>
File: Average american family.jpg (389KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Average american family.jpg
389KB, 1920x1280px
>>31774307
I'm going to miss Obama.
[spoiler]He might have diffrent views then me and maybe made decisions I don't agree with. But I'm willing to trust him that I hope he made the right call on the Iran nuclear deal and I'm willing to admit maybe I might be wrong because maybe he see's the end game for a stronger alliance with Iran. I am still upset about him not ending the patriot act after we got Osama (good work on that BTW) though which let the NSA break its own rules of the constitution. He did prevent the economic crash best he could that allowed millions of Americans to live in their homes with the basic necessities. Sure he left a huge debt, but what president after Washington hasn't had to face up to the challenge to fix the issues of the one before them. In the end America lives on though. Never lose sight of that /k/ommando's. In the end we may all have diffrent goals and want diffrent things, but that is democracy. Thanks for the 8 year memories Obama. [/spoiler]

>>31774448
She might, she's been very active on the campaign trail to oppose a Trump presidency. She's been much better at public speaking then Obama has lately.
>>
>>31776222
Trips confirm

I'm glad that I am actually helping people.

Fly's seem to help my back, why do you think they are a complete meme.
>>
Former enlisted (AD) airfag going into the Army on Tuesday. I got a similar MOS in the Intel field that I had when in the AF. Just wondering if my DI's will want to make me babysit the privates since I'm a prior, or just leave me the hell alone. I'm going in as an E-4. Also, any other blue to green people lurking, I'd appreciate to know how different BCT will be from BMT. Thanks.
>>
If I have a diagnosis that is on like every medical record I've ever had but my current doctor says that it was a misdiagnosis, should I disclose and go through the hassle of a waiver or can I just say that I have no history of a issue since I apparently never had it?

Since my current doctor thinks it was a misdiagnosis and all of my issues were caused by prescriptions, would it be "accurate" to not check yes that I have a history of the issue?

For the record, I've been off of all medication for a few months and I'm doing just fine, but the old diagnosis results in a PDQ and I don't think it is normally waiverable. Because of this, I don't really want to even admit that I ever had a problem.

My big concern is that basically every doctor I've ever been to, including school and university doctors, will have a record confirming that I have this diagnosis. Also, I had a 504 plan which basically confirms that I had an issue, but I have no idea if the military would be able to access this info, either through MEPS, some other sort of medical consultation, or through background checks for a security clearance of some level.

Pls help and I can provide more info if necessary.
>>
>>31776133
>I don't know why people shit on this photo
Because that's a highpoint, not a glock...
>>
>>31776705
You really need to find a recruiter to go over this with, I don't think anyone here can really answer that. You never want to hide anything that has a paper trail, but if it was a bullshit diagnosis than it shouldn't be held against you. If you were mistakenly diagnosed with HIV and then told later that you weren't, I certainly wouldn't say I ever had or was diagnosed with HIV, since it was a medical error. Don't give the recruiter your SSN or name either, just walk into a station and ask if you would ever have to state any of the medication you were on.
>>
>>31776705
You really need to find a recruiter to go over this with, I don't think anyone here can really answer that. You never want to hide anything that has a paper trail, but if it was a bullshit diagnosis than it shouldn't be held against you. If you were mistakenly diagnosed with HIV and then told later that you weren't, I certainly wouldn't say I ever had or was diagnosed with HIV, since it was a medical error. Don't give the recruiter your SSN or name either, just walk into a station and ask if you would ever have to state any of the medication you were on and state your case. If you get blown off, find another recruiter and do the same thing. Someone will eventually work with you.
>>
>>31776821
>>31776834
Shit. Phone double posted, sorry.
>>
>>31776834
>>31776851
Thanks. The thing I'm really concerned about is that this was a diagnosis I've had for many years, not just some shit like being diagnosed with a skin condition that wasn't really there.

I think my doctor could make a good case that I have nothing wrong, but I think they'd weigh it against all of the past history of shit that I've got. I just don't want to even introduce the issue, but I know I could get fucked over with such an extensive record.

Also, if I do get to the point where I'm disqualified due to records and MEPS won't even do the physical or consider a waiver, could the right connections help me get a waiver through some bureaucratic shit?
>>
>>31776936
Almost everything is waiverable, I just got a waiver to go back in for having a 2-B re-code, it took some doing and I had to go through 3 recruiters until I found one to file the paperwork and the batallion commander approves it. Don't give up, but be smart. Just find a recruiter that is willing to work with you, a lot of assholes will just push you away if they're too lazy to file the paperwork, doesn't mean you can't join.
>>
I've been thinking about enlistment but am not sure what branch. also am a dual national US/UK
which is a better option, burger or britbong
>>
>>31776936
Also, check with your local American legion post, a lot of prior a there may have been recruiters at one point a first Sargent, some posts even have case workers to help guide you through any paperwork.
>>
>>31777064
Which country do you like better?
>>
File: image.png (222KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
222KB, 500x616px
>>31777064
Both
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 296x234px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 296x234px
If you join as an army officer what job will you likely get?
>>
>>31777078
america, but in terms of a career im weighing the options
>>
File: image.png (826KB, 584x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
826KB, 584x623px
>>31777064
If you have a British accent your odds of getting pussy increase exponentially in burger army
>>
>>31776255
Is this a pasta? I can't see any person who's paid attention to geopolitics or politics at all who can say any of this with a straight face.

With the exception of swedes, for whom stockholm syndrome is their way of life and looked upon rightly by the rest of the world as a mental illness.
>>
>>31777130
Well, first thing to do is to figure out what job you want then determine which branch is best for it.
>>
File: apply.jpg (33KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
apply.jpg
33KB, 250x375px
How common is it for enlisted to become officer in the navy? When can you apply for sta-21? How much does having your associates increase your eligibility?
>>
>>31776705
DO NOT SAY ANYTHING. As long as the mos your getting is not top secret clearance, the military has no way of finding your medical records. Yes everything is waiverable, but the military is downsizing and are just looking for reasons to not let you join. Why would they go through the trouble of getting a waiver and letting you in when they could get someone with no medical conditions? There is a really high chance the military will just straight up not let you in, this isn't 2004 anymore. Don't let some misdiagnosis stop you from joining.
>>
>>31776659
>babysit the privates
>airfag
you said it yourself bro
>>
>>31777275
Is this true even though I've got it on literally every medical record, from pediatric to school, etc.? I know that ultimately the paperwork acquisition is done by people who aren't very motivated, but having this paper trail is concerning.

What I'd like to know more about is this: if I am confident that I was misdiagnosed and this is backed up by my current doctor's opinion, is that sufficient reason to answer "NO" when asked if I have history of a certain issue?

I just want to know if having this plausible deniability is enough justification to try and forgo a drawn out waiver process that will likely end with a rejection. My dilemma is that I'll get fucked if I do and fucked if I don't, so I just want to know if I can damage control some aspect of either assfucking that I get.
>>
what are the rules on shooting wild animals like goats if youre overseas on operations
>>
>>31778359
Only to demoralize the enemy
>>
Do people who are on ships/subs their whole career come out with a decent amount saved? Seems to me there isn't a lot of stuff to spend on when you're on a ship/sub so you'd just save a good chunk of that money
>>
okay hey guys, i need some help, im having a hard time passing the Pull ups portion of the IST for the USMC. this wednesday i have to go up to MEPS to run an IST for the gunny, master gunny, and seargent major of all the recruiting in washington, idaho, and montana. how fucked am i?
>>
>>31778981

You can't do three pull ups?

Get the fuck off of 4chan and go work out, fgt. Why do you need someone to tell you this?
>>
Finally going to sign my contract with the ang to get assigned the afsc of officer trainee.

Fucking took ten months, probably going to sit around for another six while waiting for an ots class date. Anyone who is looking to commission - don't drag your feet, the system is horrible.
>>
>>31778981
The physical requirements for all branches are online
>>
>>31778981

Just join the Army, no pullups required.
>>
File: 1449276629546.jpg (437KB, 1508x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1449276629546.jpg
437KB, 1508x1493px
>>31776255
What a faggot
>>
>>31778359

A meritorious cpl I knew got reduced to lance for shooting a goat, I believe they called it a negligent discharge.
>>
>>31778981
>cant manage 3 pullups

its time to re evaluate your life anon
>>
Yo this is fucked up, man...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-national-guard-bonus-20161020-snap-story.html

Red-pill me on enlistment bonuses.
>>
>>31779523

Everyone is losing their shit over that article, but it really doesn't go into detail on the situation.

Some legitimately innocent vets are probably getting fucked over, but there's also a lot of guys that were in on the corruption and just never figured anyone would audit over it.

Bonuses get recouped for a lot of things, it just sounds like the CA National Guard wasn't actually taking them back when the soldiers didn't meet the requirements. The Pentagon has ZERO power at this point not to go after this money, if they didn't then the Pentagon would be effectively stealing money from the taxpayer to support corruption. Congress has to fix this, not the military.

LATimes is pushing a sob story in an attempt to bring it the congressional attention it needs to get fixed.
>>
I joined the National Guard and just got kicked out of Basic for failing RM10

It was a blessing in disguise, my MOS was 89B and, while it would've been fun, I can't see how it would help me in the civilian world. I also got a 97 on my ASVAB

What are some MOSes that would take advantage of my high score, while being easily translatable into civilian skills? How much fun it is and how long I have to be in AIT for is irrelevant, although I'd like to not have to sit behind a desk all the time. I'm also not changing branch, so don't tell me about the Navy or Chair Force
>>
>>31779627

Does your state guard have a good tuition program? If so, fuck getting a mos that will translate into you working some blue collar bullshit, just do the guard to get the TA and go to college for something serious.
>>
>>31779190
Took me a year to get mine. Still waiting on a date to ship out. Started my app september, just got the acceptance in July/August but still havent gotten my shipdate. So ass
>>
>>31779614

This is what I understood from that article as well - some msgt and officers at the cal guard bureau did a bunch of shady shit to reach retention needs, and they all got burned for it, the msgt more than the officers...

People are all like "fuckin guvment..." but they always forget that the guvment is comprised of people, shady as fuck people. It was like four dudes who fucked over a couple hundred people.
>>
>>31779699

Nice. Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who is having to wait.

You going reserve/guard or ad?
>>
>>31779627

You got kicked out of BCT and you're under the impression you're just going to go right back with a different MOS?

The Guard must really need bodies if that is the case.
>>
>>31779627
>Failed BCT for any reason other than catastrophic injury
>Wants the Army to give you something ie: MOS That will = $$$ instead of joining up to do something the sm wants to do

Just stay put where you're at Shitbag.

>NG

Whoops didn't read that first. Do whatever you want since you're so fuckin smart.
>>
What level math is in the ASVAB?
>>
>>31780115

Algebra at worst, it's a High School level test.
>>
Highschool senior here, need some information about joining the Army.
> What are some good exercises to get me squared away for basic? I'm in fairly good shape, but i want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
> Should I be nervous about the ASVAB like the other C-Average kids in my grade taking it? I've got about a 3.2 GPA, and the practice tests online seemed like middle school shit to me, am I underestimating the test?
> I know it sounds cliche, but how do I become a Ranger after basic? Is this something I need to discuss with my recruiter?
> Finally, what's your biggest top for staying cool and composed during basic? As in homesickness or wanting to quit.
Thanks.
>>
>>31780352

>Exercises

Run, pushups, core exercises (because you need to do sit-ups and sit-ups can hurt your back). Don't get fancy with it. The Army doesn't have you lift. You don't need to buy any crazy equipment. You don't even need a gym membership.

>ASVAB

No, it really is a pretty easy test. It can't hurt to study a bit if you want access to all the jobs though. A better score won't get you preferential treatment, but it can open more options.

>Becoming a Ranger

Ask for an Option 40 contract. It's only available with certain jobs though. That is the most direct track to becoming a Ranger. If it isn't in your contract, you will have to beg your way in sometime later in your career.

>Staying cool in BCT

BCT isn't that hard. If you're capable of being an adult with actual priorities, you will be able to put your future above a little homesickness and stick it out.
>>
>>31780468
Thanks a ton, I feel like I'm really ovethinking it judging by the responses to this thread.

Also, what MOS would I have the best luck with for Rangers? Something basic like 11B or something else?
>>
>>31780522

11B has the most slots, but also the most people that want to go Ranger. The 75th website lists all the MOSs that are eligible for regiment, most of those you can get an Opt 40 with if you're patient.
>>
>>31779736
AD Navy
>>
>>31780622
I probably should have asked this before you answered all my questions, but I didn't even think of it until after I did some of your suggested reading online.

I have astigmatism. It's not too bad, but that's just what my eye doctor told me. I don't know shit about prescriptions or anything about eyes, but would this be hugely disqualifying for Rangers? It is easily correctable with my glasses, and people say my glasses almost don't even look prescription.

Should I just give up, because it sounds like astigmatism is a death sentence for any special forces.
>>
>>31780706

There's pretty much nothing in the Army you can't do as long as your vision corrects to 20/20 with glasses, SF, pilot, airborne, Ranger, whatever.. You can also get your eyes surgically fixed after you're in.
>>
File: IMG_20161001_145800511.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161001_145800511.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
>>31780749
Thanks a ton anon, you've been incredibly helpful tonight.
>>
Fuck the Navy
>>
I got basic in March and then moving to infantry and i need to get into shape im 6ft 185lb

Would 200 Pushups/Situps + 4 mile run everyday except sunday be good enough for 5 months infantry prep?
>>
>>31780702

You the same guy I've been talking to since like February? I'm the af guard guy.
>>
File: 1453241503121.gif (1MB, 664x550px) Image search: [Google]
1453241503121.gif
1MB, 664x550px
>>31776279
>Fly's seem to help my back
???
Youre talking about dumbbell flys? Which are for your chest?

>>31776659
>any other blue to green people lurking
Yup, working on it. Were you E-4 anyway or did they bust you down for the job you want?

>>31777238
>How common is it for enlisted to become officer in the navy?
Common but not with
>sta-21
Thats rare. Most are LDOs or warrants.

>>31778954
>a decent amount saved?
Yes
>whole career
thats unheard of. I only knew one warrant who did constant sea duty.

>>31780833
>Fuck the Navy
why

>>31780898
>Would 200 Pushups/Situps + 4 mile run everyday except sunday be good enough for 5 months infantry prep?
Youll never be able to do that for 5 months. You should just look up an actual routine and follow it.
>>
File: das it mane .png (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane .png
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>31774307
Michelle(Michael) looks like a massive cunt in almost every photo she(he) is in. I wonder why that is.
>>
>>31781078
yeah all this waiting is fucking ass
>>
>>31780352
11x option 40 gives you a slot in the following:
BCT
infantry AIT
airborne school
RASP

If you make it through all of those, you'll be assigned a batt in the 75th. 2-3 ish months after you make your battalion, they'll send you to Ranger school to earn your tab
>>
>>31780898
If you've got the salt to do that schedule every day for 5 months go for it. Definitely give it a try, but if you know you'll have trouble sticking to that routine than you should go with a routine. It won't harden you as much, but it's easier to stay committed to
>>
>>31781565
>>31780898
yeah ive been doing it for about a week now so far its going alright. just dont want to fuck my knees before even getting in
>>
>>31774307
Is there any notification service I could sign up to that would alert me when any branch loosens it's requirements a bit?

Goddamn I hate 19 y/o me.
>>
>>31781754
What did you do?
>>
>>31781844
Illegal enterprise. Not pot. Fucking retard, I know. I feel like I could get away lying since the case was dismissed, but it was via some weird 2 year program. Don't want to risk it though
>>
I have a meeting with an officer recruiter this week to fill out some paperwork. Should I call them ma'am or anything like that?
>>
>>31782097
never respect pogues

call her bitch
>>
>>31782097
Rank?
>>
>>31782400
I'm a civilian

They're an LT I believe
>>
>>31782465
Call her xir then
>>
>tfw worried I'll fail MEPS
>>
>>31781456

Yeah, fucking retarded. Air force is trying to hire 30000 officers but their board system is all fucked up, takes two years to get someone in. Kids don't wait for that long, they decide to go get jobs instead.
>>
>>31782521
Have you recently had a physical? If they say there's nothing wrong with you there, you're 100%
>>
File: 1475646338187.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1475646338187.gif
607KB, 800x792px
How deep do they dig into police records (not criminal) for confidential, secret and top secret security clearance? For confidential are their polygraph tests?

If I was accused and interviewed for a crime of a sexual nature when I was in college but was never arrested/went to court would that become an issue? I was falsely accused for sexual assault at a party by an SJW, will that come up and bite me in the ass? If any of you guys really knowledgeable could go in depth that would be greatly appreciated. I want to go FA and eventually go to OCS.
>>
>>31782890
If its not written down it doesnt exist
>>
>>31782896
Thank you for responding. What do you mean written down?
>>
>>31782939
like police records. if theres no evidence then dont even mention it
>>
>>31782810
Nope, I haven't

Not really that worried I guess. Is it true they stick their finger up your angus
>>
>>31782975
no, but they do look at it for like a second
>>
>>31774307
this faggot was too much of a coward to join the military
and has loathed them ever since because they remind him of his cowardice
>>
>>31782975
My doctor full on fisted me
>>
>>31782975
It wouldn't be the military if they didn't
>>
>>31782965
what if hypocritically there was some evidence but not enough to build a case?
>>
File: seriously nigga.jpg (8KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
seriously nigga.jpg
8KB, 189x267px
>>31783060
>hypocritically
>>
>>31783060
>hypocritically
Niggerwhat
I know what you mean but still

IF they make a case against you, you best fight that shit tooth and nail. Don't accept a guilty plea. Why they would make a case against some fag who they lied about getting molested by when he joins the military, when she can just claim she was raped by Trump and have the Clinton's pay her millions and have ol' Bills tube snake root around inside her
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 834x556px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 834x556px
Just finished sending up my papers for rejoining on Thursday with my MOS choices and duty stations
>was an 03 from 09 until 2013
>got out
>just now rejoining
>tfw 2336 (EOD) is my first option
>tfw I'll finally be able to dick around with IED's/bombs
>I gained an affinity for it as an 03 when there was little to no combat engineers and EOD to go around

I'm chubbing at the thought every time it comes across my mind
>Mfw I get the sweet ass war device on my chest upon graduating MOS school
>>
aside from SF what would be the hardest job in the military?
>>
File: 1439842115513.jpg (57KB, 386x371px) Image search: [Google]
1439842115513.jpg
57KB, 386x371px
>___ is the best army combat MOS
>>
Ausfag here, applying for commando direct entry. I'm already an autistic fitizen, any tips on the interview process? I do have experience camping on my own, hiking, fire starting and night navigation/orienteering. Any thing else I should do?
>>
>>31783613
watch that aussie commando selection entry docco if you havnt already its on youtube in like 4 parts, should help abit
>>
>>31783645
Will give it a look. From what I can see the on the defence sites the process will be

Fitness test > Basic > Grunt training > commando training/selection
>>
>>31783694
does direct entry do singleton too?
>>
>>31783758
Pretty sure brah you don't get to skip having a crawl through the mud with the boys. I wouldn't want to miss that either
>>
>>31783798
ah yeah. i got kapooka in march then singo after

so what happens if you fail direct entry you just end up in a battalion?
>>
>>31783828
Yeah I think if you fug it up you're just a rifleman and can reapply later
>>
If you can't swim, is the navy a bad choice?
>>
>>31783828
You going rifleman mate?
>>
>>31783847
Yeah man
>>
Navy DLIFLC here. What up faggots
>>
>>31780702
Rate?
>>
>>31783857
Have you done both the interview sessions? How were they?
>>
File: 1452418276483.jpg (77KB, 597x714px) Image search: [Google]
1452418276483.jpg
77KB, 597x714px
>>31782702
>30000 officers
Um what?

>>31783005
>and has loathed them ever since because they remind him of his cowardice
Are you talking about Obama?

>>31783501
>aside from SF what would be the hardest job in the military?
Define hard. Being an undes seaman/BM is hard cause you have to resist jumping off the ship and drowning yourself everyday.

>>31783846
>If you can't swim, is the navy a bad choice?
No, you rarely ever will.
>>
>>31784145
Yeah passed both, even got recommended for rifleman

Its pretty easy they ask basic psych questions like are you suicidal, how you feel about shooting people etc. theyre realy big on past employment and team sports as well so if you go for it make sure to mention those 2
>>
>>31784145
>>31784195
also if you got any other questions just shoot away
>>
>>31784200
Thanks man, cheers for the help
>>
>>31784200
Not sure if you're still here but what did you supply for that proof of identity stuff in the criminal record check?
>>
If I want a specific MOS on my contract, knowing my recruiter will try to sell me another MOS, what can I do to convince my recruiter the MOS I want? He's a chill guy, but he does have the recruiter stereotype on occasions. Also, I already signed most of my contract at MEPS so just walking away isn't an option.
>inb4 retard
>>
>>31784668
>what can I do to convince my recruiter the MOS I want?
Say that you want it

>I already signed most of my contract at MEPS
Wtf does this mean? You already signed for another MOS or what?

>>inb4 retard
retard
>>
>>31784567
cant exactly remember mate it was awhile ago. just give them a call and ask
>>
>>31784693
>half a contract
Paygrade and deployment(For one year I could be shipped out at any given time)
>>
>>31774307
pentagon is stealing enlistment bonuses
>>
>>31784749
you didnt sign a contract to be deployed at MEPS you goddamn fucking retard
>>
File: 1430237289842.jpg (17KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1430237289842.jpg
17KB, 240x320px
>>31784749
>Paygrade and deployment(For one year I could be shipped out at any given time)
I have no fucking idea what this is.
Agree with >>31784950

>>31784937
If you are talking about that national guard thing then its actually like 50/50. Do some more research into it it isnt as clear as it seems.
>>
File: Putin-GIF.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
Putin-GIF.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>be RSPfag
>drill weekend
>night formation
> the 1SG shows up from a reunion, in civilian clothes, completely pissed off
>turns out, pvt numbnuts sneaked out of his barracks and went AWOL for an hour or so because ""he forgot his ID"" (he probably went to drink or something)
>by the morning, all the drill sergeants knew about it
>mfw
>>
What sorts of MOSes are in demand for Marine Corp officers? Thinking about joining up, but don't want to get shafted with an MOS I don't want.
>>
>>31774307
AF Recruiter told me JUST NOW that I am one of two people to qualify for crew chief, and he wants to know whether or not I want to do it; I'll ship off in a week.

Should I go for it?

I wanted to be a 3d0x2 or 3d1x2, but wat do? Is this really a coveted position?
>>
>>31786419
One more thing, I also want to become a warrant officer after my stint in the Air Force. How well does this translate?

Also, how often do these positions become available again?
>>
>>31786452
Ah shit, he just told me the AFSC is 2a531, is he fucking me?
>>
>>31786485
Fuck it, gave him a no.

Tell me how I did.
>>
>join NG from dad's place in ND
>flunk RM10 and get sent home...
>...to my dad's place in Alabama
>no address in NC anymore
>exit briefing told me I could totally keep going to drills
>recruiter telling me otherwise

Do I have to be in the same state? I can't transfer states at this point?
>>
>>31784950
>signing two contracts before BMT
As hominem. This is what I was told by my recruiter and another TSGT at MEPS. I'm not claiming to know what I'm talking about.
>>
File: 1448844669065.jpg (39KB, 470x747px) Image search: [Google]
1448844669065.jpg
39KB, 470x747px
>>31788331
>RM10
Wtf is that and why you flunk it

>>31788387
>As hominem
>As
you goddamn fucking retard
Also didnt you read what you were signing???
This is the type of kid who will come back here and complain that the military fucked him over.
>>
File: 1450809018591.jpg (6KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1450809018591.jpg
6KB, 150x150px
>>31776133
Psychopathy, mild Schizophrenia and general anti-social behaviour, took long to respond because i forgot and was binge watching cartoons
>>
>>31788575
>Psychopathy, mild Schizophrenia
That's usually an immediate disqualification for most militaries if they catch it
>>
>>31788631
ive learned to hide most of it, but do they have mental health tests? if so ill figure out how to cheat them
>>
>>31788549
Ad hominem. Autocorrect fucked it up.
>>
>>31788653
Do you have a medical record of it? Been to a doctor, had something prescribed for it?
>>
>>31788549
Yes, I did read it. It's just that my memory is not functioning towards my favor.

>complain that the military fucked him over
Could you elaborate since you already know me so well
>>
>>31788779
nope, not going and never will go to a (((doctor))). people have just noticed it
>>
>>31788818
Well, if it's noticeable then you have to be prepared for that even if you get in, you can still be discharged if they decide to test you later on if they think there's something "off" about you.

Generally you talk to a psychologist as part of the enlistment but i have no idea how it works in britain. You might pass, you might fail. Guess you can try and find out.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 736x481px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 736x481px
Is 11b the best mos if you want to go ranger, airborne, sniper, ect.?
>>
>>31779627

How the fuck do you fail RM10?
>>
>>31788852
With option 40 it would be. Otherwise, might be easier to get Ranger/Airborne as another MOS.

Sniper school is scout/infantry/SF only.
>>
>>31789009
Dunno what that guy's problem was, but pretty much you have to be a big piece of shit.
>>
>>31788852

You can go airborne or Ranjuh with most MOS', check the regiment website for compatability.

You're gonna have to be 11 or 19 series for sniper work, I believe.

But I'm just a POG.
>>
>>31788549

Rifle qual, primary reason was I was changing my sight picture for every target and I thank I was holding the handguard wrong. When I aimed slightly to the left on my last iteration I started getting more hits, so the second reason might be that my CCO wasn't zero'd
>>
>>31789182

If you thought you weren't zeroed, why didn't you tell your DS so you could re-zero? And why didn't you put tape on the weapon to mark your best spot for sight picture? How do you hold a handguard wrong?

23 fucking targets, Private. 23 fucking targets. With a CCO.

Goddamn, son. Jesus Christ. Can you at least PT?
>>
>>31788785
>Yes, I did read it. It's just that my memory is not functioning towards my favor.
This is one of the biggest and most important pieces of paper youll ever sign in your life. And yet you cant remember? I mean what can i even say?
>>
>>31788631
Don't join we don't want you and your putting people's lives at risk. Rules are there for a reason. Also you can't just cheat a mental health test
>>
>>31789279
A chunk of it was my chosen AFSC which I haven't chosen yet so the SSGT crossed it with a fat "X" which took up a majority of the front page. Underneath it was my enlistment paygrade. On the back was medical history which was left blank.
>>
>>31789551
Sorry TSGT
>>
>smoke weed
>Want to shoot stuff for a living
>Who wouldn't want to smoke a blunt after a gunfight
>Can't do that

Wat do?
Why does every branch give such a fuck

>Literally seen people in the military buying meth

Like what the fuck even though

You want stoner Steve at the back of the squad seeing everything cuz hes so baked he could watch grass grow

Or do you want tweaker Tyler stealing your ammo to trade to the locals for a bag of dope

Would join a military If they fuck off out of my personal life
Til then it's the security guard life for me.
>>
>>31789728

You want the tweaker in a firefight.

That said, THC should be given to troops overseas to take stress off, induce enough hunger to mitigate weight loss, and promote restful sleep.
>>
>>31789728

>Implying that more than 1 % of the military ever sees a gunfight.

Most people in the military are working in an office or operating heavy vehicles, anon.
>>
>>31788575
I feel really really bad for you, but the military will compound those issues will added stress that comes with life in the military.
>>
>at recruiting station pushing a bunch of speeding tickets through

>so anon, why do you want to join?
>I want to jam it in and kill some terrorists, sergeant
>haha, great, don't worry, you'll be in Afghanistan in no time. I'm going to hand your packet over to another sergeant now, he'll look at everything and double check it, good luck man

>talk to second sergeant
>so anon, why do you want to join
>same answer
>that's a very immature thing to say
>this is a serious choice, anon, and you should really consider your reasons for joining

They were both former infantry, too. I guess I need to try to read what people want to hear better.
>>
>>31789759
My point exactly

Maybe the tweaker has better snap decisions, but I already in mundane life use it to sleep properly

I would literally never sleep if I was in active duty without.

And modern sleep aids have too many side effects
I'd rather wake up with cottonmouth than wake up groggy as shit trying to put my gear on because they have me on Ambien or something.

As for 'you would want the Tweaker'
Didn't they use to micro dose soldiers with LSD to increase perception?

I'd rather have someone in my squad tripping on LSD than a tweaker

It aggravates me to no end that methheads that legit steal from people are allowed in the military, but I'm not because I burn a plant.
>>
File: 1462650654334.jpg (36KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
1462650654334.jpg
36KB, 640x432px
>>31790511
Because it's illegal you fucking retard. You're allowed to drink in the military, but only during specific off-duty hours. As soon as weed is legalized nationally, they'll let you do it during the same hours as drinking.

>lol why doesn't the military let me commit a felony if I feel like it

Grow the fuck up. Chronic insomnia is a disqualifying health condition anyway.
>>
>>31790570
>Felony
>Implying I'm complaining about a habit and not a medical solution to a medical problem

Meth dude.
Fucking meth

People do meth in the military.

Like the shit they make with roach spray

>Lol actually a felony but whatever right?

Grow the fuck up?
It's a plant dude
People in the military have, can, and will continue to smoke tobacco

And I maintain my opinion that that shit is retarded.
The military is opting itself out of hundreds of thousands of great shooters and technicians, all because of what people choose to fill their cigarette paper with
It's superficial as shit.
>>
>>31790661
It's a category 1 scheduled drug. I didn't make the fucking law, but there are hundreds of thousands of people with prison time for possessing that shit. They're not going to give you a pass just because you disagree with a federal law.

If those guys on meth fail a drug test, they're going to be booted out faster than they can blink, with a dishonorable discharge and stripped of all benefits. Same as anyone who fails a couple piss tests for weed.
>>
>>31790271
All the more reason they should let the weed smokers smoke their weed
>>
>>31790661
Holy fuck you sound pretentious as fuck

>ayy weed cures CANCER man
>Literally seizure babies are living because they smoke the dank stuff man
>tobacco is a plant and weed is a plant but the military wants you to smoke the cancer sticks man

Give me a source on the Military allowing people to do meth. The situation around fighter pilots is not meth, its the same as the sleeping aids and caffeine pills you bitched about in your last post

Also its not "they won't let you in because you smoke a plant", its because you are breaking the law, and if you break the law because you think the law doesn't make sense, you won't be able to take a dumb fucking order.
>>
>>31790705
They really should re evaluate that drug classification chart

So what you're saying is I should change my form of alternate medicine to something more schedule 2 like cocaine?
Or schedule 3 like LSD?

The military is a clusterfuck of unnecessary infringement of privacy.
>>
What do arty officers do all day?
>>
>>31774307
>Holy keks this pic.
It has everything ! It's perfect !
>>
>>31790747
What is wrong with you?

The military expects its troops to be disciplined and responsible and to conduct themselves like representatives of their nation. If you showed up to your job at a hotel desk with slurred speech and smelling like miller lite, you'd be fired. If you showed up smelling like weed, they might test your piss on the spot and make sure you never worked in the industry again.

Why would the military be LESS disciplined than any job a 16 year old could get. It's not a fucking summer camp, you're working with 80 ton machines and millions of dollars of equipment.

Join the peace corps you fucking burnout.
>>
>>31782975
>>31782975
>Is it true they thoroughly inspect each and every asshole that walks into their office
Well of course. it's how they seperate the officers from the infantry
>>
>>31790790
>federal job
>operating heavy machinery
>operating weapons

No shit you mong, of course they need to figure out if you like to follow laws or they don't really suit your individuality

Like, I know you are gonna say
>falling for that bait

but honestly if you pretend to act like a retard and then people say "hey look at that dumbass" you can't really say "ha got u guys im not actually stupid"
>>
>>31790762
Cuz I said any of that shit?

>Weed is 95% why I sleep at night

You got
>Ayy weed cures cancer

I went through the proper steps and got the proper documentation, I'm breaking no laws

I'm not saying people are "allowed" to do meth, but it seems the majority of drug related discharge is weed related, simply because of the amount of time it takes to clear out of your system.

Tweaker Tyler on weekend off base
>Shit man gotta get that dope and get lit like a fucking lightbulb, it'll clear out by Monday, I just need to drink mad cranberry juice
Stoner Steve
> Shit dude that ganja smells good but if I get drug tested at all in the next month I'm fucked with no rubber, I'll hit the blunt in 4 years when my contract is up

It's shitty.
It happens.
I've literally heard both of these statements and it makes me cringe at the military
>>
>>31790856
>Follow laws or doesn't suit individuality

>>31790901
>>
>>31790820
Literally why I wont join any branch

Peace corps?
Cuz I want to be in line with the fat dumpy Greg's that couldn't make it in the actual military

I'd rather do contract military where the war crimes are way more important than Steve smoking a joint.
>>
>>31790901
>tweaker Tyler

Made me lol, I know so many Tylers that smoke meth/do heroine.
>>
If I have had a few minor injuries over the years from sport (sprained ankle, strained rotator cuff in shoulder, hurt back a little in gym) but all are fine should I just say I've never had issues? My only worry is that I went to the physio for my back and shoulder so I wonder if they're going to check that and kick me out.
>>
File: 1461858860697.png (220KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1461858860697.png
220KB, 500x372px
>>31790969
>lol I'll just be a mercenary

The wars are over. PMCs only want applicants with combat experience, and usually only with some special forces training. They don't have time for mallrat morons who think war is a video game, especially not ones with habitual drug use.

Have fun being a rent a cop for the rest of your life because you can't give up your weed. Peace corps requires a degree of dedication and education, and actually builds a meaningful career. You're not good enough for any of that shit if you can't quit your stupid habit.
>>
>>31791113
If you're sure you're fine, then don't say anything. Believe me, I spent months trying to get some minor shit through, I can't imagine what it would be like to put actual recorded instances through.
>>
File: us attack us.png (260KB, 1152x671px) Image search: [Google]
us attack us.png
260KB, 1152x671px
Its U.S.S.A attack on u.s
>>
>>31780833

I never really had those feelings about the Navy, tbqhwyf.

I kinda just saw it as a natural career change and to put all the dumb shit behind
>>
>>31791442
What exactly am I looking at?
>>
>>31791184
>Reading comprehension

I'm alright with my job, I get paid more and do less than cops do

I would never join the peace corps cuz lol

I said I would rather be PMC than anything actually related to government military
In reality I won't do either Because I'd much rather stay innawoods than do either of those things.

>Still thinking it's just a habit

I literally would sleep 1 hour a day

>Lol pharmaceuticals

Already have enough liver problems as it is

>Fucking hippie

I can't even..
I'm literally helping more people right now as I type this at work, than most people in the military do in a whole year.

>M-muh fuckin mall cop

I work at a hospital in urban California, I've probably even seen down the barrel of more guns than you ever have.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 546x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 546x720px
Cav or Infantry? Which will I regret less?
>>
>>31791713
cav
>>
>>31791751
y
>>
>>31791018
I know me too!
It fits contextually and it goes with the story scheme

Although I don't know many stoners actually named Steve

>Literally every Steve I've ever met was gay
>>
>>31791709

Chronic insomnia is medically disqualifying. Dependence on any substance that hampers your ability to act effectively under pressure is medically disqualifying. That includes most psychiatric medication, which has a much milder effect than any weed.
>>
>>31791818
I'm not trying to get myself into the military m8
I'm just saying basically that it's stupid that meth gets through a test but weed doesn't
Like I literally know people in the military that buy and use meth on their 3day leave
And I have friends that I used to smoke weed with after work who ended up joining the military and now when I see them they look depressed as shit that they can't smoke

> Life isn't fair

Muh friends tho
>>
>>31791713
cavalry
>>
File: riverine 2.jpg (24KB, 590x394px) Image search: [Google]
riverine 2.jpg
24KB, 590x394px
>>31774307
as a SWO going through OCS do you ahve any say in what kind of ship you are put on? Brown water/riverine operations get me hard. Is there more opportunity for this in the Coast Guard?
>>
What's the 11B life like?
>>
>>31789251
Yes, and my main question still has yet to be answered
>>
>>31792125
https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?forums/surface-warfare-officer-swo.23/
You got a finsel and a date yet?
>>
>>31792236

Nobody gives a fuck about your question, No-Go.

Pick anything where you won't have to shoot.
>>
>>31792236
For your DS to not okey-doke you through despite your lack of qualification or otherwise assist you, you must be a gigantic piece of shit. I saw guys get 3 full 30 round mags for their qualification just to get them through.

The military is not for you.
>>
how pathetic am i if i can do 25 pushups and 40 situps, cabt run two miles but my 1 mile is 10 minutes

im an 18 year old guy
>>
>>31792236

See

>>31792499
>>31792458

We're not gonna help you because we don't want you. You might end up being MY Private and I will fucking destroy you.
>>
>>31792731

Alright, check it out. Where you are today is not where you have to be.

I used to barely pass the AF PFA, now I can score a 290 easy on the Army APFT.

You just need to grab your dick and do it.

Start lifting, pushing, moving the earth with your shitkickers. You can get to a passing point for any branch in about 2.5 months of hard work.

So, do it.

You've got a better baseline than many.
>>
>>31792800
any advice for the running? should i just do couch to 5k
>>
>>31792826

That'll do. Run, bike, swim, jump-rope, stair-climb.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 473x391px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 473x391px
>>31792750
Just fuck me up senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 367x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 367x390px
>>31792731
Oh and DO YOUR FUCKIN PULL UPS BITCH
>>
>>31792264
nope. not yet. have been through MEPs and got a lot of my paperwork in though
>>
>>31776659
>Former enlisted (AD) airfag

I'm assuming you mean Air Defense?

>I got a similar MOS in the Intel field that I had when in the AF.

What intel MOS is similar to Air Defense?
>>
>>31777128
>If you join as an army officer what job will you likely get?

Sucking dick.
>>
File: image.png (487KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
487KB, 600x657px
>>31793002
Nice.
>>
>>31792863

Look, I tell you what. Do you own a rifle?

If so, shoot that son-of-a-bitch hot until it's hot. Until you can shoot 40/40 on the Alt-C Qual.

Then you may enlist in a field like 36 series, 35 series, 25 series or 27 series.

These will help you cop a decent job.
>>
>>31789182
>be that my CCO wasn't zero'd

You got to qual with a CCO?

Holy shit I should reenlist.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 694x530px
>>31793105
What kind of shooting will let me cop a feel?
>>
>>31793105
>35 series

>These will help you cop a decent job.

Make sure you get a degree anon.
>>
>>31793143

If you shoot with me, I will let you grab my ass at least once, as a manly gesture.
>>
>>31793159

This, too. If you're 35 series with no education, life sucks.

Ask me how I fucking know.
>>
File: 1457168909537.png (8KB, 157x153px) Image search: [Google]
1457168909537.png
8KB, 157x153px
>>31793175
Why not join another branch and get taught something useful for after the miltary?
>>
>>31793191
>Why not join another branch and get taught something useful for after the miltary?
35 series in the Army is Military Intelligence.

>>31793175
>Ask me how I fucking know.

I know that feel anon. That's why I ended up in school after I got out. Got a contracting offer for $150k to go to Afghanistan right before I ETS'd (I was in Kuwait), couldn't go through with it because of no degree regardless of my resume.
>>
>>31793191

Do that if you want to.

But I personally never cared enough for any other branch. I enlisted entirely for the "Fuck it, why not?" factor.
>>
>>31793221

>I know that feel.

Oh yeah. You come out of big-daddy Army thinking you're hot shit, and then you realize that nobody actually values the experience outside of law enforcement, private security, and low-level GS jobs that directly translate.
>>
File: AWOOOOO.png (322KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
AWOOOOO.png
322KB, 900x900px
So I have two years left of my tampon contract with the Marine Reserve. Should I transfer to a unit nearby as admin -- currently 110 miles away -- and ride the two years out, or go 19K with a $10k bonus in the nat guard for 6 more years?
>>
>>31793221
>35 series in the Army is Military Intelligence
Sorry, new here but what is MI exactly? Think you could explain or is is in the FAQ?

>>31793226
I'm curious, how old are you?
>>
>>31793261
Funny. Literally nobody respects people who do any other job then what you mentioned
>>
prior service 11B here, honorable discharge. when i got out i became miserable and had no clue what to do with my life. i told the VA i wanted to kill myself because in my mind i had no clue how else to get people to help me -- i thought it was some kind of prerequisite. i don't have PTSD and didn't want that on my record. kind of a misalignment of priorities, it turns out.

anyway, i have no attempts, no nothing, just a history of antidepressants now. all of this through the VA. i know my chances of getting back in right now are slim to none (although i'm sure i could get my psychiatrist to sign off on me) but what is the scenario in which i get back in?

WW3?
>>
>>31793271

Young enough to be a fucking idiot and old enough to know that I'm a fucking idiot.

>>31793277

What do you mean? People respect accountants and tech guys and shit.
>>
>>31793261
>You come out of big-daddy Army thinking you're hot shit,
It doesn't help that before 2011 it was true. You could walk out of the Army with a 35 MOS and a TS/SCI right into a contracting gig at CENTCOM or OIF/OEF. I had a buddy who was a contractor for CENTCOM doing All Source and in the Reserve as a 35F NCO, who got told in 2011 when he was at work in Tampa to start college or he was fired.

Going Federal civilian always required a four year degree, but at least at one time you could get hired on a contract without college.

And then that's bolstered by all the smoke recruiters blow up your ass about how valuable just the TS/SCI is for getting you a job, when they usually have no clue what they're talking about.

>>31793271
>Sorry, new here but what is MI exactly? Think you could explain or is is in the FAQ?

It depends on the specific MOS.

There are two essential distinctions that may sometimes overlap: Collectors and Analysts.

Sometimes collectors may find themselves doing analysis and sometimes analysts get to work with collectors doing things like providing support for detainee interrogations or doing site exploitation.

Analyst MOS:

35F= All Source Analysis. The easiest way to explain is that in the entire intelligence cycle, they (we) are the people who are creating finished intelligence products based on SIGINT, GEOINT/IMINT, HUMINT, OSINT, and historical knowledge to answer Priority Intelligence Requirements or specific questions from the customer. Then more often than not they (we) present that finished product to the customer in a briefing.

35G = GEOINT
35N/S= SIGINT

These guys are analysts, but their mostly in the Processing part of the entire intelligence cycle. They concentrate specifically on evaluating collected information from SIGINT and GEOINT collection sources, providing context for those collections, and passing that along the chain.

35M= HUMINT collector
35L= Counter Intel

These guys are the collectors.
>>
>>31774307
I'm thinking about going navy reserves, I want to do active duty but I have to stay close to home to take care of my sister. I'm not making a mistake am i?
>>
>>31793367
cont.

35M are also called "interrogators". It seems like the language requirement is flip flopping. When I first enlisted in 2006 there was no language requirement. Then when I started the process to reclass they were going to DLI and I had to take the DLAB as part of that process. They can walk around neighborhoods talking to locals during cordons and searches, detainee operations, debriefings etc.

35L, Counter Intelligence Agents, also perform a security/semi law enforcement function. They run investigations into security threats, conduct facility security assessments, do surveillance etc. I had a buddy who went in in 99 as a 35L/97B who used to do "red cell" type of stuff like pretending to be an incoming private and getting signed into units to see how long it would take to get access to the arms room or areas with sensitive (classified) materials like SCIFs.
>>
>>31793422
>I'm not making a mistake am i?
Yes.

There is no benefit to going Reserves without having been active duty first.

During the surge you could go NG or Reserve and at least deploy and get post 9/11 GI Bill.
>>
>>31793436
So should I not join? Active duty isn't really possible for me at this time. My asvab score was pretty good (92) but like I said I need to stay close to home. I honestly just need the extra money
>>
>>31793456
>Active duty isn't really possible for me at this time.
Just wait until it is.
>>
File: butthurt nigger dependent.jpg (261KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt nigger dependent.jpg
261KB, 990x660px
Is there a job that would allow me to inconvenience all dependents as hard as they inconvenience everyone else?
>>
>>31793423
>red cell stuff

lol holy fuck that's awesome. not the guy you're responding to but I'm also considering 35 series.
>>
>>31793479
Working at the PX or the Commissary.
>>
>>31793479
you can inconvenience your own dependents by going 11B and getting yourself blown up
>>
>>31793511
bonus points if you suffer gruevous, permanent injury but survive
>>
>>31793466
But can't I transfer to active from reserves? Like I said I need the money I just need to know if it's really that bad
>>
>>31793500
Well there was definitely a change post 9/11. The guy I'm talking about was also a native Spanish speaker so he ended up doing a lot of TDYs in Central/South America.
>>
Shithead uscg officer here, will do my best to answer any enlistment questions/uscg questions people might have.
>>
>>31793539
how often do you feel insecure about being in the military and doing the most vaginal, pussified job a person can do?
>>
>>31793526
>But can't I transfer to active from reserves?
Yes. But you're placing you're desire to transfer into the hands of the first 1 star in your chain of command. And that's if active duty is even willing to accept you (if you have an MOS that is needed or you can qualify for an MOS that is needed) and you're considered prior service (because you're essentially reenlisting) so you're going to be treated like you don't exist by recruiters.

There are a few variables in that that are out of your hands:

Does the need for your MOS drop while your in the reserve

Does the 1 star who is never going to meet you get in a fight with his wife that morning

Does the DA form 368 (conditional release for active duty) even make it up your chain of command

etc.

That's from the Army perspective, Navy may be different.

>>31793557
>how often do you feel insecure about being in the military and doing the most vaginal, pussified job a person can do?

Lol wut.
>>
>>31793539
how does one become a CG officer? How competitive is OCS for CG? What doodies would a CG SWO would have compared to a Navy one?
>>
>>31790790
Cocaine is schedule 2 for a reason dipshit.

They don't let any numbnuts who can forge his doctors handwriting get a script, it's a tightly regulated medicine for specific eye surgeries, where without it, the surgery would be impossible
>>
>>31793575
I was thinking flight tech, like I said my asvab was 92 and I've been speaking to a recruiter for a couple weeks now, reserve flight tech sounds like a good deal since I'm really just doing it for the money.
>>
>>31793367
>>31793423
Thank you for the effort behind the response.

>>31793331
Good response
>>
>>31790747
That sounds pants on head retarded. "Yea let's let the guys operating heavy machinery and fucking with high explosives get absolutely stoned"

Odds are, if you are a hanitual smoker, you will rarely show up sober. I was one of them, and am totally surrounded by them, 99% of people who smkes w33d recreationally will take any excuse to get high, even in school, or at their job. It's a drug, and while it's not chemically addictive like cigarettes and alcohol, you become addicted to the mental state, making withdrawal unfavorable to just lighting up again.
>>
>>31793721
Perhaps I should have included a general explanation of what Military Intelligence actually is.

It's the process of collecting information, discerning it's value, and then using it to make an educated estimation of future probabilities that allows a policy maker to themselves make an informed decision on policy.

That policy maker is sometimes a commander and that decision is sometimes conduct mission/don't conduct mission.
>>
>>31790847
>inspect each and every asshole

So, it's OCS, right?
>>
>>31793745
we smoked afghan hash every day on deployment. only person in my immediate chain of command who wasn't cool with it was the PL, but our PSG put him in his place. came down from battalion once that the PL needed to find people to piss clean and he was literally freaking out trying to find four fucking dudes who were confident they'd piss clean.

funny as fuck
>>
>>31793521
Double bonus points if a small IED blows your dick off on patrol because you weren't wearing your POG.
>>
>>31791709
Why are you posting here if you have no desire to join the military?

Could it be that you're seeking validation by getting into arguments on the internet with people you will never know the name of?
>>
>>31793817
who actually wears that shit anyway.
>>
File: man-smiling.jpg (143KB, 957x1300px) Image search: [Google]
man-smiling.jpg
143KB, 957x1300px
>>31793479
>looks at grave
>its a fucking E5
LOL, she's upset over that low as fuck pay out. Too skinny to be your average enlistedfaggot's wife but the nigger skin evens it out.
>>
>>31793834
/k/ is as always a breath of fresh air. it's nice when people really make no effort to hide how little they actually give a shit about veterans -- especially combat veterans. i'm fucking sick of political correctness
>>
>>31792159
Do you enjoy using a broom or a rake? Do you like excercising every day? Do you like to sit around with your thumb up your ass, justing hoping 9/11 2.0 happens? Because if you join peacetime 11b prepare to become extremely familiar with those activities
>>
>>31792731
Extremely. Get fit now fatso, you got a ways to go if you ever want to do cool shit
>>
File: smiling putin.jpg (63KB, 379x282px) Image search: [Google]
smiling putin.jpg
63KB, 379x282px
>>31793856
>tired of PC
Says the government employee looking for a pat on the back. I agree, PC culture needs to die. And with it, your entitlement complex.

Cry to the local bar bitches and your veteran Facebook group. Its what they are there for, my friend.
>>
>>31793888
kys fatty
>>
>>31793888
keep paying your taxes, buddy. you're paying me 3.3k/mo tax free plus tuition and educational expenses. just keep that sweet spice flowing
>>
>>31792159
fun when you deploy. gay when in garrison... in so many words.
>>
>>31793823
People who know someone who's had their nuts filled with shrapnel.
>>
>>31793908
what do you do when not exercising
>>
>>31792826
C25K programs work for alot of people, but are too slow to yield results. If you have the stones, you'll run till you think you're about to give out, and then you double that. If you do this 6 days a week, you'll easily get down to a 7 minute mile within 3 weeks. It's hard, it hurts, it takes alot of self motivation, and it's a decent way to get injured if you have bad form, but it's fast results
>>
>>31793919
i don't exercise, i'm a private fucking civilian. i sit around, masturbate, cuddle with my cat, and go to class when it suits me. but as far as active duty goes, the gay part isn't PT. it's the week to month long field training exercises, constant busywork and standards enforcing, all of which is kicked into overdrive on the aforementioned FTXes. the exercising is kind of fun by contrast
>>
Beautiful enlisted familiies.
This could be your future, /k/.

You'll make a nice little kid on your McDonald's tier paycheck, living in your nice 30 sq foot mold filled rented home. With a nice $500 pickup out front.

And you can have fights with the E-5 across the street when you realized he might be fucking that 300lb love of your life. This is your future. Not like you can do any better.
>>
>>31793939
>a decent way to get injured if you have bad form
it's just a decent way to get injured in general
>>
>>31793961
yeah don't get married. live in the barracks until you make E-5 then take that BAH and get the fuck off-post. you have to wake up earlier but it's worth it. you can live in a pile of beer cans and vomit and nobody will ever be the wiser
>>
File: military family.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
military family.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
Look at your future, recruits. This could be you. Isn't that exciting?

You damn well know it is. You are gonna be a goddamn hero to your ""little""" lady and that son of yours (is it?).

And you can take part in all the fun Jerry Springer bullshit that goes down in every militaryfag's life.
>>
File: crying military wife.jpg (76KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
crying military wife.jpg
76KB, 620x413px
>yfw you can tell she's an officer's wife because she's not a fatass

HEY, JUST A HEADS UP: Everyone who thinks they are going to become an officer after they enlist. 99 times out of 10, you aren't. Good plan you got there. You know who you are.
>>
>>31794017
>99 times out of 10
pretty poor odds
>>
>>31793962
>it's just a decent way to get injured in general

I ran early in middle school, and didn't actually run again until junior year in high school, and I started by doing that regimine, and it caught me up to our cross country teams top 5, and I haven't been injured once. Let's brainstorm possible causes:

1-perfect natural form
2-perfect genetics
3-I drink so much milk that my bones are unbreakeable
4-I have Godly stretching technique that makes my muscle impervious to strain

Take your pick, any which way it makes me better than you faggo
>>
>>31794085
>5-you were 17 years old
>>
>>31794105
This. There are a lot of dumb things physical training wise I did when I was 17 that I know better about now. Like over training for instance.
>>
>>31794119
don't get me wrong, i did the same thing when i got back from deployment. within three months i was running 12 mile rucks in 2 hours and had my 2 mile around 12 minutes but i was only 21. pretty sure that's around the cutoff where your body starts fighting back in a big way. i wouldn't even consider a training regimen like that from my current fitness at 27
>>
>>31793961
>>31793985
>>31794017
Joke's on you fag, I'm going to do a career marriage with one of my fellow enlisted men.
>>
File: 24301902409_a33f8ff11d_b.jpg (126KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
24301902409_a33f8ff11d_b.jpg
126KB, 1024x683px
Why does the Navy teach how to shoot Mossberg in RTC? From what I know they aren't used during watch? When do you learn to shoot the M-16 and when is a Mossberg ever used again? I kinda get the reasoning behind using a shotgun on a ship, but from what I've gathered it's only the M-16.
>>
>>31794410
weapons training for pogues is superfluous and ego driven. the marines exist for a reason
>>
>>31794690

Well, every member of the services should be a passable shot and have decent knowledge of a weapon and some common-sense knowledge about firing positions and cover.

Because, y'know, anybody can end up needing it when you're part of a militant force.
>>
>>31794738
>when you're part of a militant force
like i said, superfluous and ego-driven. kek
>>
>>31794690
>>31794738
>>31794766
I just wanna know the reasoning for it. I'm going AECF so I'm not expecting any weapons training past RTC, I'm just wondering why the bare minimum doesn't even involve the one gun that my recruiters say everyone handles.
>>
>>31794811
because you'll never shoot it in combat. you'll probably never even take it out of the arms room except for infrequent practice and qualification. even the infantry barely gets enough range time. your chances of becoming proficient if you weren't already in a support role are slim to none.
>>
>>31794766

And this coming from the guy who misspelled 'POG'
>>
>>31794853
pogue is the original appellation. the spelling and subsequent backronym "POG" was retconned from a term that actually has a pretty extensive etymological lineage among combat troops. poguey bait anyone?
>>
>>31794866

Yes, I'm aware of the history of the term.

When you work company or battalion level support for grunts, ya learn that term in all its flavors and colors.

And as far as weapons go, I've never been in the Navy, so I can't speak for them.

But as an army guy working pretty direct support, I have shot a good amount, done a good amount of EST, MOUT, CLS, HMMV, whatever. But I guess all mileage varies. I don't do as much as the grunts do, for sure.

I'm sorry I was an asshole to you, I'm so low on sleep it ain't funny and I've got more supplements in my body than a rigged racehorse.
>>
>>31794927
we never shot nearly enough. i can count the amount of times i've fired live rounds in garrison on two hands, OSUT excluded. maybe that's changed -- i've been out a while.
>>
>>31794956

I think in all likelihood it's like every single other thing in the military; unit and time dependent.

Our grunts probably still get less than they should and I get a little less than them. But it's better than most people get. The thing that most service members miss out on is that warrior skills are like PT. If you want to be good, you have to do a certain amount yourself. I shoot a lot on my own, do extra MOUT with friends, try to keep a track on any free courses available, etc.
>>
>>31795018
it's true that shooting -- while important -- is probably the least important of your core skills. in a tactical and strategic sense, it's far more important that you're fit and understand your role in the platoon. we really generally just hunker down and call for fire when shit gets hairy anyway, and it's really hard to miss someone when you're clearing a room so you better understand how that shit works too. it's definitely not call of duty but that's generally how it works.
>>
>>31795035

True.

I'm one of those POGs that rolls with the grunts when possible, I care more than most and refuse to be unable to at least half-ass anything they can do. I don't wanna be a liability, I want to be an asset.
>>
what does daily PT consist of in the army?
>>
Am I retarded for wanting to enlist after college? I don't need the money or tuition assistance. I can also spend that time training to increase my chances of sf
>>
>>31795756
You and everybody here has the same exact plan, congrats.
>>
>>31795623

Calisthenics (called "PRT") and running, usually. Sometimes push-up/pull-up/sit-up drills.

>>31795756

Plenty of people have this plan, most don't follow through with it when they realize they're 40 pounds overweight, love weed, and have a girlfriend they kind of like by the end of college.
>>
>>31786419
>AF Recruiter told me JUST NOW that I am one of two people to qualify for crew chief
My recruiter pulled the same shit on me. He said he'd have to get a waiver for me to get into avionics, which made me think "wow... that must be some high speed shit". My ASVAB scores: A95, E93, G85, M90. He was so full of shit.

Keep in mind that in 1994, looking shit up on the Internet was not much of a thing.

>Is this really a coveted position?
Fuck no. Flightline maintenance blows. Stick with your 3D plan.
>>
>>31796220
Thanks, man.

I'm glad I said no.
>>
>>31796220
Oh, another thing.

He said that if my job isn't available or whatever, I'd be placed in open general or the AF would pick my specialty or something.

I've got nothing to worry about, though, right? I mean, 3d0x2 had like five openings last month - it's in high demand - and I have good ASVAB scores, and he was just bullshitting anyways, correct?
>>
File: 2Based4U.jpg (57KB, 500x577px) Image search: [Google]
2Based4U.jpg
57KB, 500x577px
>>31794410
>but from what I've gathered it's only the M-16
No, i have carried a shotgun on watch, yes on a ship. When the fpcon is rasied POOW carries it.
>>
>>31796220
Called me again JUST NOW, aircraft armament systems, 2w1x1.

Not good either?
>>
>>31781893
If case was dismissed it's no problem. Don't bring it up.
>>
>>31793870
Aside from the broom/rake thing that's what I do already.
>>
>>31796555
Stick with what you wanted, don't let him fuck you around.
>>
>>31796555
Job already taken, thank god.

He said he's gonna call me later, is he going to get on my ass?

>>31796593
Thanks man, that's just what I needed to hear.
>>
>>31796609
> It's alright Anon. like I said, I will call later anyway to discuss jobs. Only because you've been offered 2 and turned down two, and generally after 3 my boss recommends that person be cut from the DEP, because they are not "open" to job availability was. We will discuss later. Have a good morning bud

Oh shit nigger

Is he jerking me around? What does this mean?
>>
>>31796619
Listen faggot we're not your mother
If you can't tell a person that you want what you want and not what he suggest then you're not going to make it anywhere
>>
File: image.jpg (337KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
337KB, 497x750px
Any Navy EOD? What's it like?
>>
>>31796630
You're right.

I should stop being a fucking faggot and stick to what I want.

I already did extensive research and know and chose what I want, and I'm not going to let him or anyone else fuck me on this.

I'm a bit worried when he says
> generally after 3 my boss recommends that person be cut from the DEP, because they are not "open" to job availability was.
, though.

What does this mean?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 335x286px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 335x286px
>>31796663
Punch him in the dick.
>>
>>31796667
So, he's trying to fuck me.

And I thought my recruiter was kind of cool. They're all the same, huh?
>>
>>31795623
Today my group ran 5 miles in sand then did dead lifts, rower, and abb workout which was dodge ball with 20 pnd medicine balls, but you where also doing sit ups.hard to explain. But was fun.
>>
>>31796788
>"kind of cool"
Literally what the fuck does this mean? Besides a way of describing a grown ass man who acts like a teenager.
>>
>>31796788
Nah. I walked in said i wanted x mos and to get in as soon as possible. 2 weeks later i was omw to basic with my desired mos.
>>
>>31793601
OCS is fairly competitive and you can get in through application after finishing college or applying for the cspi program which is essentially a 2 year semi rotc scholarship. Outside of that if you go to maritime academies and graduate w/ a specific degree you can enter the direct commission officer program. All are fairly competitive. Uscg doesn't have swo, the cutter men have duties based on the cutter they are on and area they patrol(mostly southern pacific or carribean for counter drug ops).
>>31793557
What is there to feel insecure about? I know the lane that the CG occupies w/ respect to other services and enjoy the missions it serves (pollution response is boring as fuck though). I guess you made a poor attempt at bants if thats what you could try to call it.
>>
>>31796993
> Besides a way of describing a grown ass man who acts like a teenager.
You got it.

>>31797026
And it isn't different in the Air Force?
>>
If I enlist in the Marines and become Infantry, how easy/hard will it be to find a career in the military?
>>
Contract marriage? Y/N?
>>
>>31797343
Air force are picky. Smaller organization and very desirable because of the higher living standard. So they might tell you to fuck off if you're being too demanding because they'll have plenty of others who'd want to fill the position. You'll have to take what they offer you.
>>
>>31797507
You mean prenups?

The courts would still side with the female in any case. All she'd need to do is say "I signed under duress/false pretenses!" and your prenup is trashed.
>>
>>31797745
Fucking 3d womin
>>
>>31797745

No, bud, he meant marrying a friend of sorts to collect the bennies.

>>31797421

Uh... Infantry would be your career until you got out. If you want a career out of it, stay in. You'll make rank with time and all you have to do is deal with bullshit for 20 years.

I wouldn't do that, though. Be smart and use that damn GI bill to get into business management/communications/STEM
>>
Should I go muhreens or army? I'm leaning muhreens only because they seem to be the more respected of the two.

I mostly want to join to "say I did it", but also because I'm dead broke, have a shitty family life, and I think I just lost my dead end job. Anyone have advice?
>>
>>31774307
You'd have to be autistic to enlist at a time when every war we're fighting is to advance our imperialistic foreign policies while we suck Israel's dirty Zionist cock and we play toy soldiers with Russia and the Gulf States in the Middle East.

Good luck supporting a country that purports it stands for one thing, but does the complete opposite every time :^)
>>
>>31798252
There's one of these every thread. Nobody cares, get better b8, all the usual unimpressed & jaded responses.

It's rare that these get any legitimately aggravated responses, most people are just going through the motions of hating on the shitposter
>>
>>31798290
You'll always have bottom feeders trying to feel superior to others. They just try to feel superior to others for their career choices because they're miserable with their own lives.

If they were actually confident and happy, would they seek validation from strangers on an anonymous image board?
>>
>>31798252

Yeah, but if you weren't fat you could join in the fun.
>>
>>31798158
Never go marines. Theres no reason. If you wanna be billy badass then go Ranger or SF in the army, never go marines.
>>
>>31798504
Why not though? It's not so much for the bad ass factor, just kinda "I did it. Maybe I'm not a loser after all."

Also
>needing security clearance for ranger.
I prob wouldn't be able to pass a check, seeing as how my family sucks, no friends, and I pissed off a lot of people. I never did anything bad myself, but not a lot of people like me.
>>
>>31798536
>I did it. Maybe I'm not a loser after all
You wouldnt wanna say that about being a ranger?
>Why not though?
Cause verything in the mariens is worse.
Worse living conditions
Worse advancement
Worse culture. They get treated and act like shit and just write it off ass wow we're badass.

Look for a basic scret that shit dont matter.
They care about huge debts, criminal records, and forein ties.
>>
>>31798536
>Maybe I'm not a loser
Joining the military won't magically make you "not a loser". I don't know why enlisted (its always enlisted) think the military is going to fix their fucked up personalities.
>>
>>31798708
>you wouldn't wanna say that about being a ranger
I know the rangers are hardcore as fuck, but they don't seem to have the prestige of being what the marines are. I'm not bashing any brach, or the people in them.

>worst of everything
I've heard this. That's the one thing I'd be the most worried about. I wouldn't wanna fuck up, and get jumped or something. My grandpa was a muhreen back in the 50's and he said they jumped a guy and scrubbed him down with a grill brush because the DI made them do extra PT because the guy didn't shower one morning.

>they look for x
never convicted of a crime, no debt. >Foreign ties
My stepdad is from Puerto Rico, and I have been there a few times to visit his family. Would this hurt me?
>>
>>31798771
By "not a loser", I mean it would finally give me a sense of direction and a sense of self pride.
>>
>>31798787
>they don't seem to have the prestige of being what the marines are
This has to be bait. Also if you ever make any decision in life based off of what other people think they you are a whipped coward.

>I wouldn't wanna fuck up
well dont. Be in good shape beforehand and shower

>Would this hurt me?
Prob not, they are worried about high risk countries
>>
>>31798787
you're right, the marines have by far the best ongoing PR campaign of all the branches
>>
>>31798845
>>31798845
>>31798845
>>
>>31798827
>would this hurt me
Puerto Rico is an American territory. It's like saying "I have family in Maine, but I live in Nebraska." They don't care about that.
>>
>>31798771

It fixed mine.
>>
File: stopping a fight.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
stopping a fight.webm
2MB, 480x360px
Which branch prohibits fist fights? Because that's a branch to avoid.

Which branch is the most passive aggressive and would be the most likely to use the phrase "toxic masculinity"?
>>
>>31798795
>give me direction
You are a grown fucking man. Only you can do that. Stop pawning that responsibility off onto an organization.
>>
>>31799206
all branches prohibit fistfights you tard
>>
>>31799206

All branches discourage fistfighting your battle-buddies and beating some faggot in a bar could get you Art-15'd.

You're not here to show everyone how big your dick is, son, you're here to provide a service that the American taxpayer pays good money for. If you can't play by the rules, stay home.

That said, if you want to fight and the dude agrees, find a place away from prying eyes and get an impartial battle buddy to watch over it if you think he'll get dirty. That's what I've always done.
>>
>>31798252 I bet this faggot tried to enlist and they sent him away cos he was too fucking fat so now he's taking his frustration out hahaha
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.