[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 34

File: 1435020660915.jpg (559KB, 1691x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1435020660915.jpg
559KB, 1691x1127px
Military Enlistment General /MEG/
Debate edition

Previous thread
>>31716111

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857
>>
Since people seem woefully unaware. Civilian pay grades do not map to military pay grades. GS-9 is not good pay coming out of the military.

Don't sell yourself short.
>>
>that moment when you are informed someone in your unit was seriously injured doing something stupid and all you can think is "Neat"

Is that a sign that its time to move on?
>>
File: 7nhd3Z5.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
7nhd3Z5.png
123KB, 785x757px
ask a former water purifier in the marine corps anything.
>>
>>31737800
How many confirmed purifications you get, man?
>>
Any 35N's want to tell me what your day to day is like? How's AIT at Goodfellow AFB?
>>
>>31737827
Enjoy your concha water.
>>
File: 1476748766795.jpg (74KB, 944x593px) Image search: [Google]
1476748766795.jpg
74KB, 944x593px
I'm thinking of joining the AF because I hate my job.

I live next to Westover and I wanted to try to be on the flight crew on a C5.

My brother who is an E6 works on the avionics of C5s. He's trying to get me to go Biomedical equipment repair, a communications job or to get into his shop.

I'm 26, I've been working mostly retail, I did armored security for a while and now I'm failing at being a machinist.

I'm also 6'10 and 225lbs. I can't run a mile, yet.

I don't quite know how to proceed.
>>
>>31737638
>No, these are people already hired.

This does not contradict what I've said.

Hypothetical:

You have 900 applicants with CJ degrees and 100 applicants with other degrees and they all apply for the same position.

400 CJ degrees get hired and 100 other degrees get hired.

You can't then say having a CJ degree increases your chance of being hired just because the majority of those hired have CJ degrees you're ignoring that CJ degrees are heavily saturated among applicants.

In this situation CJ degrees have a less than 50% hire rate while other degrees have 100%.
>>
>>31726236
Except for a few MOSes (ones that they're critically low on numbers for) anyone can put in a package to attend A&S

The best set of skills for it would probably be from recon, but they're looking for all sorts. I'm in training with a mechanic who made it through A&S before being performance dropped from ITC. I've also met a recondo who got dropped from the MARSOC pipeline for being too assertive

>>31727726
Chucks are worn by SEALs and Recondos (don't know why SF would wear them) because they use them for finning in place of a regular scuba booty because they're comfortable on land and in the water
>>
File: 1472949043410.jpg (130KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
1472949043410.jpg
130KB, 1152x864px
Which MOS is Sam Hyde most accurately describing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xzmhqwB_AY
>>
>>31738015

92G
>>
>>31737574
Is it ethical to shoot wojack to kill rape-pepe? Reminder that he probably is probably suffering from ruptured insides and a lot of trauma from being raped by rape-pepe.
>>
Going to college in 2017 and need help paying.

If I join National Guard in Minnesota, and go to college in Texas, can I transfer units to have myself drill in Texas?

Also, what are some general MOS open to every NG unit? I'd like to do something combat related as I don't want training to be too long and don't care too much about getting a job with the training once I get out as I'll have a degree anyways.
>>
File: 2vShAFu.png (116KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
2vShAFu.png
116KB, 400x392px
serious question
those of you that are in the military,do you actually like it? I was going to sign up at 18 but went the college route instead, but now im looking back into it. Ive always wanted to serve so if I never do I feel like ill be letting myself down. Debating between going reserves or full time. I dont want to be half assing it so Im cautious against reserves and I prefer going balls to the walls active duty but ive been redpilled to how BS the military life can be as well

Im literally just signing up to be a soldier. I dont want to learn a trade or make a career out of it I just want the experience
>>
>>31738015
He looks like the real version of what Filthy Frank is satire of.
>>
>>31738099
Just to add to this, I don't really care what branch I go into so long as it has a combat MOS and I can transfer reserve units based on where I go to college and recieve tuition assistance.
>>
>>31738099
>Also, what are some general MOS open to every NG unit?

You have to go to the unit recruiter. NG and Reserve units have a table with how many of what MOS at what ranks they are allotted.
>>
File: 1434483133180.jpg (27KB, 499x376px) Image search: [Google]
1434483133180.jpg
27KB, 499x376px
complete retarded question that im afraid to ask anyone in person. If I go reserves is there and option to full time active duty?
Like go from national guard to full time 4 years active?
pls no bully
>>
Do Air Force cyber ops guys every deploy or get the chance to travel abroad?
>>
>>31737892
>6'10 225

Holy shit you are skinny as fuck man start working out a lot and you could probably be in wwe or something since you're huge
>>
How would you all rank/describe the following
>Military intelligence
>combat medic
>cav scout
>paratrooper
>communications
just some options I was told I could qualify for with a recruiter
>>
Is Marine OCS really the hardest one to get into or that just the Marines circlejerk at work?
>>
>>31737574
is there a way to be SOF or ranger (real ranger not ranger qualified) without making a career out of the military?
I wouldnt mind doing 4-8 years or so but I dont want to go career
>>
>>31738202

Yes, but keep in mind that depending on your MOS it may take a couple years to even get to Regiment and be qualified. Then depending on optempo you might not deploy for another couple years. By that point your first contract is up.

One contract might not get you a deployment without re-upping.
>>
>>31738143
>If I go reserves is there and option to full time active duty?

De Jure? Yes.

De Facto? No.

When you decide you're no longer interested in being in the Natty Guard or Reserve, you can go to a full time recruiter and get a From 368 Conditional Release and a 4187 Personnel Action Request.

The recruiter would hopefully fill this out for you. Be aware that you're not even close to the top priority for the recruiter.

Then you have to submit it to your chain of command. For the Reserve it only needs to go as high (as far as I remember) as the desk of your brigade commander. For the Natty Guard it goes to the Governor IIRC.

You'll likely run into a few problems if:

You haven't been in the unit long enough
You've recently gone to a school or training that the unit paid for
Your CoC just doesn't like you (this can happen anywhere)
Your S1 is inept (can also happen anywhere)
Your unit is slotted for a potential deployment (regardless of likelihood of it actually happening)
You don't have an MOS that is in demand in the Regular Army

etc.

>>31738174
>How would you all rank/describe the following
>>Military intelligence
>>combat medic
>>cav scout
>>paratrooper
>>communications

They all do completely different things.

I have an intel background (Army) so I would say intel but that's just my bias.

>>31738202
A buddy of mine was a Ranger medic and got out around the same time I did (after 6 years).
>>
>>31738200
I wouldn't say that. You do need a 300 to be competitive but army wants good PFT scores too. Good GPA/degree are wanted by all. I'd say certain Navy designators are the most competitive which want specific majors and 3.5+ GPA along with good standardized test scores.

Marine OCS would be the hardest to get through though.
>>
>>31738233
It sounds like for the Marines one unlike any other they actually screen you, whereas for some of the other services it's more similar to boot camp where if you don't quit you're fine

Thanks. I think I'm gonna enlist with a degree but I'm just checking out the options
>>
Does anyone have info on Marine reserves and if it sucks?
Just wondering if there's any bullshit beyond the tuition assistance and mandatory drills and training listed on the site.
>>
>>31738099
if you want to go to college in texas, join the texas NG
>>
>>31738266
There is attrition in the Army as well. Navy does put you in a holding class until you're better if you're injured and lets you reclass with the next incoming class. Marines kick you out if you get any injury.
>they actually screen you
What do you mean by that
>>
>>31738315
Well they say/imply in the recruiting materials that if you don't show the potential of a good leader you're kinda taken out but that could be a lie
>>
>>31738266
>Destined to be the LCpl talking about how he was gonna be an officer but his balls were too big.
>>
I was under the impression that if I don't mention my ADD medication or early childhood asthma, recruiters wouldn't find out about it. Am I wrong?
>>
>>31738344
Unless you get a job that has top secret clearance, no they won't find out.
>>
>>31738344
Early childhood asthma isn't a disqualifier anyways.
>>
>>31738165
I would rather not be fuckhueg.

And I don't want to be in the limelight.
>>
>>31738339
Don't plan on joining the USMC
>>
>>31738334
Well marines do interview you but it's not that big a deal. Most branches won't take you if they think you won't make board anyway. The Marines recruiters do try to help you a lot to make sure you can make it to the board and pass everything and be ready for OCS. Though that might've just been the one in my district. Navy guys seemed pretty lax
>>
>>31738301
Marine reserves is risky, if all goes well, you will only show up once a month the chance they activate you is real and I wouldnt risk it if you are in college or don't want to go on active duty
>>
>>31738442
I don't mind going active duty, on a tour, etc.

I just don't want to have to try to maintain college while they're giving me more than I was told I'd have.
>>
>>31738368
Can they pull records for TS clearance or is it a case of possibly interviewing someone who mentions something offhand and then asking you for your medical records? I'm not that guy but I'm planning on joining with some issues I'd prefer to remain tight-lipped about and I want to know how to avoid that problem if I do go for a job that needs a clearance.
>>
Do combat engineers do the same PT stuff like rucking and shit that infantry does
>>
>>31738530

If they're assigned to an infantry unit, sure.

PT isn't really job based, it depends on your unit. An infantryman in an admin shop won't be rucking, for instance.
>>
>>31738826
are they normally assigned to infantry units
>>
Anyone know anything about Army Sniper School? Are there any sites similar to the rangers site? I can't find any information on what comes after sniper school. Do you just choose what part of infantry you want to pursue or do all sniper graduates go back to regular infantry?
>>
>>31738864
They are normally assigned to engineer units.
>>
>>31738864

There's a lot of places that use combat engineers. It would be disingenuous to imply that there's a typical assignment.

If you're so hung up on PTing like an infantryman, you don't even need to join, just ruck in your free time. Or join as whatever job and ruck in your free time. Or join as infantry.
>>
>>31738884
It's just a school. It isn't an MOS and it doesn't cause you to change units.
>>
If my eyesight can't be corrected to 20/20 will I never fly?
>>
>>31738510
They will find out. Unless it never left your head, and no other soul in this world knows, they will find out.
>>
>>31739449
is that only for top secret?
>>
I didn't see an answer before the last one 404'd, but are there any arctic warfare SF units? I found one site that said Seal Team 5 trains for Korea, but I couldn't find anything else.
My top preference for branches would be
Navy
Muhreens
ChairForce
Army
>>
>>31739688
also
>inb4 memes
Has anyone here gone through the seals' sniper scool?
>>
>>31739688
You're the guy who said you didn't like being in the heat.

There's no pipeline where you're going to specifically go into Arctic Warfare. There are units which specialize in that, but there is absolutely no way at the start of the pipeline that you can get guaranteed to go to those. Either toughen the fuck up and deal with being in hot environments or look for a different job.
>>
so i broke my toe like 10+ years ago, what are the odds of the air force finding out about it
>>
>>31739449
>They will find out. Unless it never left your head, and no other soul in this world knows, they will find out.
No they will not. The investigators are human like you and me. They dont give af. Theyll never know.

>>31739629
Dont believe that idiot. Keep your mouth shut.

>>31739688
You have marines 2nd? Are you reetarded?
And yes sort of, SF has mountaneering schools and does cold weather survival skills training.
>>
>>31739748
Yeah I figured as much. I grew up in a hot area so I can deal no problem, I just wanted a bit of change.
>>31739762
yes
>>
>>31738377
I think there is a height limit for the military friend. If not, i apologize in advance.
>>
>>31738529
6 more push ups and 8 more sit-ups and you are good [spoiler]for the Navy[/spoiler]
>>
>>31737574
Hows the canadian military life?
Need to crack some skulls and waste time.
>>
>>31739762
Not >>31739449, but what happens if a investigator does find out you lied about a medical condition?
>>
>>31739897
I know I can get a waiver for my height.
>>
Would it be unwise to join something high-speed in your late 20s?
>>
>>31739754
Exactly the same odds as you accidently mentioning it.
>>
>>31739977
>Would it be unwise to join something high-speed in your late 20s?

Average age of guys going into SFAS and getting selected is like 28.
>>
Going to the Navy. Once you're out of boot camp do you have any oppurtunities to go shooting? I realize Navy isn't the best way to go if I want into guns, I have other reasons for choosing it, but my recruiter is FC (what I'm hoping for, already have AECF contract) and he says he has been able to use base shooting ranges, and that there are oppurtunities to get training in certain weapons. Part of me feels like that's a lot because he is an FC, and I don't expect to do much shooting at all if I get ET, but I was just wondering about that. Do they expect you to maintain good marksmanship as a sailor? Are you tested on it periodically like they do to make sure you stay in shape? Do bases have places to shoot?
>>
So, let's talk special forces selection. How do you deal with the inevitable blisters on your feet? Is wearing tight boots really gonna help prevent getting the fuckers? How do you treat other injuries? Will you have access to bandages?
>>
>>31738107
Go reserves. If you end up enjoying the bite sized version and don't end up a jaded shit bag, go active duty later.
>>
File: 1476564868910.jpg (21KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
1476564868910.jpg
21KB, 600x357px
>>31739952
>but what happens if a investigator does find out you lied about a medical condition?
You say oh shit i forgot.
HOWEVER, that isnt going to happen. You clearly dont understand what the investigation is for. They dont give a flying fuck about medical history and dont investigate it. They care about debt, foreign contacts, aka things that would make to want to leak classified information. Your medical history doesnt even register.

>>31740100
>Once you're out of boot camp do you have any oppurtunities to go shooting?
Very rarerly
>Do they expect you to maintain good marksmanship as a sailor?
No, you may re-qual once a year.
>Are you tested on it periodically like they do to make sure you stay in shape?
Again, maybe once a year. People gun quals expire all the time.
>Do bases have places to shoot?
Certain bases do have ranges but they are for official use. Ive never heard of anyone just walking over with their own gun.

Look at the end of the day if you want to work with guns get a SEAL contract otherwise forget about it.

>>31740327
>How do you deal with the inevitable blisters on your feet?
Most people suggest toughening your feet prior to it. You should be rucking in boots for months prior to going to you already have calluses formed.
>>
>>31740391
>Most people suggest toughening your feet prior to it

Any way to do this myself? I've done martial arts all my life, so I daresay they're reasonably hard already. Do tight boots help?
>>
File: 1475707011452.jpg (9KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
1475707011452.jpg
9KB, 313x161px
>>31740450
>Any way to do this myself?
You need to do what youll be doing there.
Aka wearing boots 24/7 and walking/rucking long distances in them. If you arent sleeping you should have boots on.
>tight
Boots should fit well just like any other shoe, if they are too tight they are going to restrict your feet and fuck up your toes.

>>31740373
>go active duty later.
No, thats very hard to do. Keep your mouth shut about stuff you know nothing about.

>>31738107
Just go active. Youll regret not doing it. Youve already got a degree so youre set after. Just pick a MOS/rate youll enjoy, do a quick 4 years and get out. You can possibly even start working on your masters while in using TA. If not after 4 you can use to Gi Bill to get it for free.
>>
>>31740476
How hard is it to deploy as NG?
>>
>>31740877
>How hard is it to deploy as NG?
You sound like you want to, so why dont you just go active? You people have the weirdest fucking schemes and plans i swear.
>>
>>31740884
Because I have a p good civilian job and I'm not sure I'd be good at it after 4 years, or whether I'd even be able to come back. In the last thread there was some debate over whether your job is protected on active duty
>>
If I cure my shit eyesight with cutting edge vision therapy I won't be dq'd when they look back at my medical history right?
>>
>>31740901

USERRA absolutely covers voluntarily going on Active Duty. However, nobody uses it for that.
>>
>>31740910
The military will fix your eyes for free, just join with glasses and get it done later.
>>
I have an astigmatism in my right eye, I don't have any real issue seeing things, but my sight obviously isn't 20/20. What roles would I be exempt from?
>>
>>31739407
If your vision can't be corrected to 20/20 then you can't join. Period.
>>
>>31738174
Depends on what you like, but personally

Para
Cav scout
Combat medic
Intel
The others
>>
>>31738174
1. Combat Medic
2. Cav Scout
3. Wtf is Paratrooper that's not a MOS
4. LOL MI
5. LOL COMMO
>>
>>31741106
I know para isnt an MOS but I was interested in the unit as a whole, rather then just being regular infantry
>>
>>31740884
thats not me, the orignal anon you replied to by the way
I'm in the same position though more or less
>two more years of college
>might have a local LEO job lined up
>hopefully after a few years of that I can advance to federal level
>not sure if signing up will just slow me down or help me progress
>>
File: 1430627796647.png (90KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1430627796647.png
90KB, 700x700px
how much pussy do you guys get and is anyone in the reserves able to live off of it.
Im living with my parents while going to school since my dad hurt his back and needed help with bills and upkeep and I could live rent free while going to college.
But I'm looking to get my own place and was thinking about going resevres to help myself along. I already have a part time job so I have some steady cash flow coming in and ive got about 2 years of college left and I want to enjoy it and live a bachelors life for once
good idea/bad idea?
>>
>>31741178
If I were you id stop school right now and join. Do your 4 and get it out of the way. You can either finish your degree while in or after using the Gi Bill.
>>
Just got my shipping dates for basic training at Ft Leonard Wood.

Anyone have any advice for a British guy going through US Army basic?
>>
Questioning joining the infantry. Terrible in math, science and mechanics. Have an associate's in cj. Will I make it? 5'11" 160 lbs
>>
how do i find out if i have a criminal record?
did some shady shit but most of it was when i was 5-10
>>
>in DEP
>have meetings every other Tuesday
>had one two days ago
>not due to ship out for a few months
>get a text from chief recruiter today, first thing in the morning only 15 min after he started work
>asks me to come in this Monday at noon

Does this happen to other people too? I just wanted to not be noticed. It can't be about an early shipdate since I was already offered that and chose to stick with my original date.
>>
>>31742741
You can't have a criminal record as a toddler I'm sure. Although I have seen some shady looking babies in my time
>>
>>31742907
was a little shit as a youngster, was suprised i was never lifted desu
>>
>>31742749
Yes. They ask you in last minute. They change the date of the dep meetings. Your date gets pushed out. Take the early date. I've been in since January and it sucks.
>>
>>31743065
I don't think it's the date of the DEP meeting changing, or I would have found out via group text from the other future sailors.
If its an,earlier shipdate, then they're probably going to force me to take it, since previously I was called and asked if I wanted to ship that same week.
Could it be a clearance Interview? Somehow some of my neighbors found out already that I am entering the service, so maybe they've already been contacted and that stage is finished.
>>
>>31741572
ive thought about it, but I only have approximately 2 years left and ive already come this far. I need a bachelors degree in something so Id rather just bite the bullet and go the rest of the way
>>
>>31740012
i forgot about it until now and i dont want to get kicked out for fraudulent enlistment. will the "i totally forgot" card work if it comes up?
>>
>>31743472
Yes.
Google ucmj fraudulent enlistment elements
>>
>>31737750
>He doesn't know that you can make mad dosh if you live off base
>>
File: Afghan.jpg (37KB, 644x429px) Image search: [Google]
Afghan.jpg
37KB, 644x429px
Alright so I was thinking about enlisting in the navy as a corpsman and for a while I was pretty dead set on it but recently a friend of mine said he's going army route and that I should do buddy enlistment with him.

Is there a particular reason I should go one way or the other? To be honest, the buddy enlistment isn't really a draw factor for me but he was talking about getting a ranger attachment and that piqued my interest.

What do you guys think? Any advice helps
>>
>>31737574
/k/

Canadian here

>18 yrs old
>Offered a spot to go to RMC for ATC but was denied once medical paper got through saying I take ADHD meds, and have a Chiari Malformation (never had symptoms)
>Hoping for a Pilot Scholarship
>Studying a Political Science
>Fluent in French

All I have wanted to do is join the Military because my parents fled from Ireland during the Troubles. I want to either be a Pilot or and Intelligence Officer

Is it possible for me to do this? I have already have an application in, but it was stopped due to medical and I'm getting all the paperwork done.

God I really want to join.
>>
>>31743715
What makes you want to go corpsman?
>>
>>31743492
So i should be fine then?
>>
I just swore in as a nuke in the USN. What am I in for? Is there anything I should read or do before I go to RTC?
>>
>>31745812

Have reasonable expectations and you will be fine. The training is tough, but passable if you have the scores to be there and actually commit yourself to it.

The work hours are brutal, and it isn't all puppydogs and rainbows after you get out, but if you work hard as a nuke you will build the kind of work ethic that will take you anywhere.
>>
>three years ago
>18
>move out of parents house
>mom takes nugget
>come back to parents house
>mom won't give nugget back
>shouting match ensues because you don't fuck with a man's guns
>schizo brother gets involved and hits me
>standingmyground.castle
>Come to, dazed and confused after fight, brother is out cold, I'm not much better
>leave house, go call cops at neighbors'
>biggest mistake of my life
>checked by paramedics, can't afford hospital bill
>groggy and beat up, somehow forget my dad is a paramedic at that same company and I get free rides
>seconddumbestmistakeofmylife
>go to jail

>now
>trying to join Navy
>recruiter needs arrest report
>arrest report paints me out to be a psychopath in the same sentence it says I was defending myself
>mentions argument was about nugget
>doesn't mention nugget is my lawfully owned property

Is this it boys? Is my dream dead?
>>
>>31745812
Just don't give up on it, and you'll do fine. The whole process sucks, but it's designed to suck, so you just kinda have to live with that. Also, do your goddamn homework about nuke life before you get there. Link below is a great resource to learn, check it out.

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php
>>
>>31746014
>not remaining calm and threatening legal action if personal property is given back
Maybe you deserve it. You are painting a bad picture of gun owners everywhere.
>>
>>31746324
*isnt given back
>>
>>31746014
Maybe you shouldn't be a rage filled dipshit
I doubt the navy needs any hotheads
>>
Coastie here if anyone has questions
>>
>>31746352
>Maybe you shouldn't be a rage filled dipshit

It sounds like his mentally ill brother attacked him.
>>
>>31746381
He also said he 'blacked out' and when he 'came to' his brother was out cold
That implies total loss of control
>>
>>31746381
>get attacked
>beat someone shitless
Yea nah
>>
How fit should i be before enlisting in the us army? i can do 31 pushups and 40 situps is this bad?
>>
>>31746324
>>31746352
>>31746381
>>31746395
>>31746409
I actually was threatening legal action during the argument. I told her plainly and calmly I was going to take her to court if she didn't return my guns and she started screaming. She's got this poor kid coached into assaulting whoever she happens to have problems with so she can put it off as "I am so sorry, it's not his fault! He just can't stand to see someone attacking his mother!" He hit me with a chair, then a pretty solid left hook. I responded with a right cross and a few more haymakers. I turned him around and put him in a half nelson and we dropped to the floor. The impact of my head on the concrete put me out.

I'm told it is up to the recruiting district's CO whether or not I'm given a waiver. Is there anyway I could speak to him?

>all this for a garbage rod boat oar
>>
>>31746440
You don't strictly have to meet the PT standards when you first enlist and get shipped to boot camp, but being able to pass or being very close to passing in your age group makes it easier.
>>
>>31746577
is what im at bad? would i make it
>>
>>31743715
sorry fuckface corpsman doesnt exist. Its only seaman as far as the eye can see.
>>
>>31746607
How old are you and is that what you can do in 2 minutes without resting on the ground?
>>
>>31746653
19 and yes
>>
Brit here.
So I'm thinking about joining the armed forces (maybe after I go back to college and get better A Levels), but I'm not sure what branch to opt for. I've been thinking about the army, though I've been warned that it's boring during peacetime by a couple of vets. Acquisition of useful skills is a big draw, so maybe RAF or RN (family has background in both branches). Don't know what exact role I want/should try for/would be best suited for.

What is the British version of the ASVAB, if anyone knows?
>>
>>31746507
Also, if there are any civilian LEOs present. Would it be possible for me to contact the arresting officer concerning this? Recruiter hinted that he might have some pull.
>>
>>31741253
>how much pussy do you guys get
Around a military base, about as much as the next Average Joe without autism. Depends on how good you look or talk, just like anywhere else. If you don't live near a base, it's slightly easier if you drop it in conversation.
>reservist
if anyone currently or recently active duty [spoiler]or guard[/spoiler] hears you trying to pick up chicks by saying you're a reservist, you will not be picking up a chick that night.

>is anyone the reserves able to live off it?
not reserves alone. it's a little money and some benefits on the side, but not enough to fully support someone living alone unless you're going on a lot of deployments. how often you deploy depends on your job, but I think you can still ask for a deployment slot [spoiler]at least in USAF[/spoiler]
>>
What Mechanic MOS in the army transfers best to civilian world
>>
Hospital Corpsman here. AMA
>>
>>31738152
Sure, but I was in a TDC unit.
>>
>>31739754
I came in in '94 and my recruiter basically told me to omit my medical history except for broken bones, which is all I put in my new medical history (they didn't get ahold of my dependent medical records). I got in just fine.
>>
>>31739754
So should i just keep this a secret and hope they dont find out or do i tell my recruiter. Seriously, i dont want to get kicked our over something like this
>>
>>31741253
>how much pussy do you guys get
Zero pussy, because I have plenty of porn.

>and is anyone in the reserves able to live off of it.
I was in the guard for a few years and lived just fine off my paycheck from drill, but I owned a house (free and clear).
>>
>>31747239
>Corpsman
that name no longer has any meaning to you per SECNAV orders
>>
>>31741665
Prepare to be singled out for your accent upon arrival. Just bear with it.
>>
>>31747462
The Hospital Corps still exists. I am still a General Duty Hospital Corpsman (with a NOS code of G000); according to NAVADMIN 218/16 I shall no longer be referred to by rate, only rank.
>>
>>31738375
Yeah, but it could make them do a breathing test on him which could lead to him being disqualified.

Happened to a guy when I was at RTC. The only reason he had to take the test was because he admitted he had childhood asthma. He failed and got separated.
>>
>>31747782
If he can't pass a breathing test then it sounds like it isn't just childhood asthma.
>>
>>31746356
how hard was it to get in? Ive heard coast guard are notorious in their selection proccess
>>
>>31747813
That's just one of the long-term effects of childhood asthma; which is why they ask about it.
>>
>>31747421
They don't give a shit. As long as it doesn't impaire you today, it doesn't matter at all. Honestly just fucking chill
>>
>>31747888
which is why, unless your going for a clearance, you do not tell recruiters, or training commands, jack shit about your past.

If you don't tell them, they do not know. It's a literal blank slate.

Yeah they'll threaten Article 83 (Fraudulent Enlistment), yeah you'll sign a paper warning you about it being punishable by a $10,000 fine and three years in prison, but the only thing that will happen is they kick your ass out the door. It's all scare tactics.

So keep your mouth shut, paperwork clean, and don't stand during the "moment of truth".
>>
Youre probably right, i just dont want it to come back to haunt me
>>
>>31748060
Meant for>>31747983
>>
>>31737827
fucking sucks man, DO NOT CHOOSE THIS FUCKING MOS
>>
>>31748020
>stand during the "moment of truth".

That's exactly what he did. He fell for the bait completely.

Should've just kept his mouth shut like his recruiter would've told him.
>>
>>31739449
don't listen to this dumb fuck
>>
>>31747651
>only rank.
Think you mean pay grade rookie
>>
>>31748137
DO IT DO IT DO IT

and i'll see you at fort gordon when you fail out of your ait and eventually go signal
>>
>>31748137

How many AITs have you been to, anon?
>>
>>31747847
They've lowered the standards a bit now I think since we're hurting for people. Used to need a minimum of 70 on the asvab, and know a bit of required knowledge before the recruiter accepted you. I don't know what the score is now, but it's less. Worse in the long run for us, but I don't make the rules. As long as you have your shit together, it's not difficult.
>>
How can I join the Army and pay for med school?
>>
>>31748723

HPSP is what you want. Ask Google.
>>
>>31748556
>>31748681

just Goodfellow
>>
>>31748831

I've been to three. Goodfellow is, by far, not the worst place to do AIT. 35N is a good MOS, better than most.
>>
>>31748863
its shit unless you're attached to group or something. were you a mos-t or did you fail out of papa?
>>
>>31748723
you got your degree already? bachelors i mean
Once you're in med school or with your med school acceptance letter go to a medical recruiter, youll do ODS or whatever the army does which is a month for direct commissioned dudes

Once you graduate you're in the red for however many years you decide for them to pay. So all 4 years=4 years. If you do a residency with them then that's another year or two
HPSP
>>
>>31748932

>its shit unless you're attached to group or something.

You and I have vastly different definitions of shit then. I had a badass time as a strategic analyst, and got some very cool training/opportunities before I moved on to another MOS.

I had more impact on the Army's mission and the strategic footing of the United States as an E-3 than most infantrymen will have in their entire careers.
>>
>>31748989
>not going tac as e2 and getting "the real army experience"
>do coolguy airborne stuff
>next post get strat
>apply for every school training correspondence course available
>pass boards immediately switch to lima
>back to tac

where did i go wrong? or do you just really like excel?
>>
>>31749044

There's a lot more to being a good analyst than maintaining a spreadsheet. Knowing how to organize data is a huge boon though.

I did the tactical thing for a while. Going out to NTC and training up for deployments that would never happen isn't anywhere near as exciting as working an actual intel mission for high-level customers.
>>
>>31749044
>>31748989
>>31748556

>there are other novembers on this site other than me
>>
>>31749505
fucking excel and reports, man

>though that 6 hour work day can be cool
>>
>>31749555

Shit, I wish. My standard shift was 10-12 hours, but we only did four days a week.
>>
Skellington here: 5'5" 105 pounds. Do I have any chance joining the military? I'm hoping for a STEM job in the Navy or Air Force (3 years college so far)
>>
>>31749725
You're too light, but that is a fixable problem.

Assuming you don't have any other disqualifying factors, you just need to gain some weight. You're basically in the same boat as some dude who comes into the recruiter's office 30 pounds overweight. If they're nice, they'll put your name on the books and talk to you about jobs, but you can't actually enlist until you get within weight standards.
>>
>>31748989
>I had more impact on the Army's mission and the strategic footing of the United States as an E-3 than most infantrymen will have in their entire careers.

This, but as a Fox. I worked on products when I was at the J2 that ended up going in front of the Joint Chiefs.

Not in the manner of I did some spell check and formatting bullshit, but an intel product I worked on that had my name on it. As an E3.

At the ARCENT G2 I worked on and briefed the 3 star on regional topics during the first year of the Arab Spring.

>>31749505
>There's a lot more to being a good analyst than maintaining a spreadsheet.

This. But I was All Source so the product I pushed out was finished analysis (usually in the form of analyst comments on products or white papers).

>>31749624
12 hours a day 7 days a week in Iraq. We eventually went to a half shift off once a week.

At the G2 it was six days a week 8 hours a day.
>>
File: IMAG0001_1.jpg (226KB, 1518x1738px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0001_1.jpg
226KB, 1518x1738px
Recruiter says I qualified for the Nuke program, heard it is hard as hell though
>>
>>31749780
man I had an aching ot go intel I scored a 90 on my asvb and was close to completing my associates degree. sadly I am diagnosed with adhd and depression( because when your parents get divorced and you are in 5th grade are you going to be happy about it)
>>
File: 1475280084053.jpg (78KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1475280084053.jpg
78KB, 657x527px
>>31750043
LISTEN TO ME
Dont do it. Ignore what anyone else says, dont do it.
Get into intel.
Preferably CTN or any CTx rate.
Maybe FC or GM or IT.
>>
>>31750104
Why what's so bad about nuke? My recruiter is also a nuke and he had nothing but good things to say about it
>>
So I'm in my third semester at college and I want to join up. I'm in on my parent's money, but I feel bad about them paying for me and I have no job and my brother will probably be entering college as soon as I leave. I've got a buddy from high school who's in the military and going to my Uni on Armybux. I'm finding it hard to care a whole lot about college because I'm trying to change my major and I've been wrestling with some depression shit. I've been thinking of joining ever since high school but I've just never pulled the trigger, so to speak.

If someone could talk me out of it, I'd appreciate it. I mean, I honestly cant really think of a reason not to join up besides me not being in great shape and also me just being apprehensive about it still. So, why shouldn't I?

>tldr: why shouldn't I enlist?
>>
>>31750114
Of course he did, he's a recruiter. His job is to say nothing but good things.
>>
>>31750163
if you are interested in talk to a recruiter. if its something you wanna do why would i talk you out of it?
>>
>>31750174
But why go intelover nuke? I understand that his stance is very likely heavily biased that's why I'm asking for a second opinion from another knowledgeable source
>>
>>31750187

Better quality of life, mostly. All the things the recruiter spouts that draw people to nuke (it's technical, it has good civilian prospects, it's great for intelligent people) apply just as much to doing crypto, except life doesn't suck.
>>
>>31750184
I guess I'm just looking for reasons not to do it because it'll give me precedent to not do anything because I'm a piece of shit
>>
>>31750230
Do you care to elaborate on the quality of life difference between the two?
>>
>>31750233
i really dont get what you mean
>>
>>31750233
I'm in almost the same position you are right now just go talk to a recruiter and start working out you lazy sack of shit
>>
>>31750245

Nukes work very long hours in uncomfortable environments, they have to be the first on and last off the ship, and are generally worked like slaves. Ship life is often shitty, and nuke life is often cited as being a level of shittiness beyond even that.

Crypto jobs generally work out of an air-conditioned office environment, have regular shifts with plenty of time off, and get more opportunities for professional development (college classes, training courses, etc)
>>
>>31748137
What about 35P?

t. living it up at DLI
>>
>>31750726
Very interesting, I will bring this up to my recruiter
>>
File: 1475719512030.jpg (51KB, 413x428px) Image search: [Google]
1475719512030.jpg
51KB, 413x428px
>>31750114
See >>31750174 >>31750726 hes right. Its his job to sell you on it cause every NUKE they get to join counts as 2.

>>31751082
Hes just gonna try and tell you we are lying. Please just trust us NUKE is horrible and Intel field is way better for dozens of reasons.
>>
>>31751082
San Angelo is so much more fun than Monterey. And the TRADOC rules are completely rational
>>
>>31746440
You're fine.
>>
>>31746440
there were people at my bct that came in without ever running a mile in their life, couldn't do a single correct pushup, and couldn't do 10 situps. you're ok, work on your run. be able to run 2-3 miles even if its a 9-10 minute mile pace
>>
>>31737800
I'm going to join the military ASAP when I finish college.

I haven't had any time to look into so I really only have one question;

What can and can't I bring with me to boot and then base?
>>
>>31753295
You had 1 shot and you blew it.
Stupid question.
>>
So I may have just gotten booked for client systems in the air force. Is this good or did I goof
>>
>>31754161
enjoy being a nonner
>>
File: laughing sluts.png (124KB, 520x466px) Image search: [Google]
laughing sluts.png
124KB, 520x466px
>>31750114
>My recruiter is also a nuke and he had nothing but good things to say about it
>>
>>31754161
Did good. Had client systems existed when I came in, I wish I would've started there (instead of flightline).
>>
>>31753295
>finished college
>join marines
Wow
>>
>>31754258
good to hear im not making a huge mistake
>>
>>31754862
air force is fucking lame
>>
>>31756742
how so?
>>
fucking ive been in the DEP for the marines since april and have only gotten 2 pull ups, next weekend i have to go up to meps next weekend to run an IST for the meps liason for the corps. on a scale of one to FUCK how fucked am i?? but i mean ive done a 3 pull ups these past two days i should be fine right?
>>
>>31756742
only if you aren't ops
>>
>>31756762
im also going in as a combat engineer how fucked am i?????????
>>
>>31756746
It sucks because you get job skills that translate to higher paying jobs in the real world. Also, with less stress, it's easier to finish college. Getting a high paying job is super lame.
>>
i have some welding experience and want to travel, what are the best 4 year navy rates to go for when i score low on the math parts of the ASVAB
>>
File: SF1CREST.jpg (71KB, 618x596px) Image search: [Google]
SF1CREST.jpg
71KB, 618x596px
Can't find a solid answer on the NG website or Professional Soldiers. Does anyone have any info on the Rep63 program (the National Guard equivalent to the 18x)?
I keep seeing the NQP Program mentioned as well, where the soldier does monthly drills for 4-6 months with the SFG and is then sent to SFAS once they pass the unit's standards. Do the Rep63's do the same, or are they sent through the Pipeline OSUT>SFAS like the 18Xrays?
>>
>>31756742
Reminder that the Air Force is the only branch to use the term "triggered" unironically.
>>
File: image.png (594KB, 549x1239px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
594KB, 549x1239px
I want to be an army officer but everyone irl calls me a cuck for wanting to. I'm going to be one regardless, but why do fags feel this way?
>>
>>31757622
>everyone
By everyone you mean who?
>>
>>31757622
Because
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

Read up
>>
>>31757684
Most army vets I talk to (including my dad. Thanks dad.)
>>
>>31757752
Dads are like that. Probably just a jealous crab.
>>
File: Hungarian_kek_police2.jpg (112KB, 455x303px) Image search: [Google]
Hungarian_kek_police2.jpg
112KB, 455x303px
>>31757752
Mine wants me to go officer and I don't want to
>>
>>31737574
My recruiter is telling me that I can't take the EDPT until after I sign my contract
Am I being rused?
>>
Im in Navy A-school and today i was put on colors for the week, and we were told that if the ensign touches the ground we're all getting captains mast, how true is that because honestly im basically shitting my pants because of it
>>
>>31759113
If you can go officer. Don't throw that chance away.
>>
100%
Then at mast they ask you if your a virgin.
If you are they cut your dick off and shove it up your ass.
Better watch out.
>>
>>31750825
Muahahahaha
>>
Thinking of applying to do NUPOC. What is the overall acceptance rate would you guys think? The advertisements they've put around my uni make it sound like they're almost desperate but I'd just like to know
>>
File: download.png (2KB, 119x119px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2KB, 119x119px
Whatdo you do the majority of the time in the Navy as an ET? To my knowledge you are just a technician not an operator. Would I spend the majority of the time doing other shit and being on call for anyrhing that breaks? Can I become an operator? My recruiter is FC so I have a really good idea of that half of AECF but not a lot of anything to do with being an ET. (I wanna be FC but I just want to prepare for everything.)
>>
>>31761124
*I mean an operator of comms and nav, not spec ops
>>
>>31761123
if you pass the phone interviews, it's about 95%
Phone interviews are calculus and physics questions. After that it's in person interviews and a quick meeting with the Admiral
>>
>>31761159
Thanks

Any idea on the pass rate of the phone interview? I've read a few things (guy said he did about 6 calc 1/physics questions in 20 mins or something like that). Do you think they tailor the questions asked to fit your major somewhat?
>>
>>31737966
>too assertive
Wtf does that even mean? Sounds like the liberal cuckholdry that's softening the military
>>
>>31761183
More so when you go to DC for the in person interviews
Like MechEs might get a few mech E questions that would be relevant along with the physics and calc etc.
Why NUPOC?
>>
>>31761213
I want to join the Navy and I think that Nuclear offers the best shot for me to be able to apply what I've been learning at least in the context of the Navy

I also met some Nuclear officers back in high school and remember being extremely impressed with them
>>
File: 1475717189775.jpg (94KB, 1080x1309px) Image search: [Google]
1475717189775.jpg
94KB, 1080x1309px
>>31761124
>Whatdo you do the majority of the time in the Navy as an ET?
Fixing shit. Thats literally it. You are on call with a hydra(radio) and if something rbeaks you tend to it. Plus lots of maintenance of teh equipment you own. No operating for you until you hit around E-6 and you can qualify for a mroe general watch station in CiC that senior rates can stand called CSC. On my cruiser ETs, FCs and GMs stood it. They were all E-6 or over though.

If you can influence it in any way try for FC. Its much better. Advancement for ET was absolute garbage when i was in and still probably is.
>>
>>31747651
Are you greenside with marines? Do you want to go sarc?
>>
>>31761233
If you want to join the navy you can commission as an aviator, a SWO, any intel designator, or even enlist.
You gotta want nuke, pipeline is long and the work is very very demanding compared to most other designators.
>>
>>31761240
>CSC
>operator

Are you fucking high anon? I mean, you sound like you have a general idea of what you're talking about but this makes no sense. CSC's job is really just to coordinate between CIC watchstanders and CSOOW on system casualties. They literally just sit at a console in CIC and relay information about system faults to the CSOOW. How is that operator? Furthermore, nobody has any influence over whether or not they can be an FC or ET, it's just decided randomly at boot camp when you get orders to A school.

FC2 here, happy to answer any Navy questions within my scope of experience.
>>
>>31759298
No it's not true, the instructors there are all just trying to fuck with you and get you to pee yourself because you're booters and it's fun for them. Don't worry dude.

>>31757417
HT if you want to weld shit, but be advised, you will have to deal with the shitters if you wind up on a ship which is highly likely
>>
>>31740100
>Once you're out of boot camp do you have any oppurtunities to go shooting
No, qualifications are every 6 months, it's not fun, you shoot a few magazines and leave

> there are oppurtunities to get training in certain weapons
Certain types of FC's get more small arms training than others, but even so, it's only basic knowledge. The only small arms you will get to fuck with in the best case scenario are the M16/M4, M9, M500, and M14. That's just basic training like how to strip and clean the weapons and anecdotal marksmanship training from the people you work with, it's nothing to write home about. Most of your traning will be focused on the bigger onboard weapons systems especially whatever C school you get picked up for.

> I don't expect to do much shooting at all if I get ET
FC's don't really get to shoot any more than any other topside rate, it's just that certain ones run the qualification courses at the gun ranges. This can be fun if you think being an RO would be fun, but gun range days are long days and hard work, most times we have gun ranges we are there working till 2200 to get everybody qualified and clean up.

>Do they expect you to maintain good marksmanship as a sailor?
God no, most sailors are shit shots and can barely remember how to basically function the weapons let alone shoot worth a damn. The only ones that shoot well are the ones that own their own personal weapons and shoot on their own time.

>do to make sure you stay in shape?
Physical fitness tests are every 6 months and unless you are a fatbody or a skellington NEET they're pretty easy to pass.

>Do bases have places to shoot?
Official business only, you're not going to be bringing your personal guns to a base range to shoot or anything.
>>
im stuck on whether or no i should go for a 4 or 6 year contract in the air force. i gotta make up my mind soon, you guys got any advice?
>>
>>31761517
Do you get any benefits for enlisting for 6 years? If not, there's no reason to.
>>
>>31761544
id be able to make staff sergeant and re enlistment would be easier should i decide to
>>
>>31761577
You are able to make staff sergeant regardless and you can re-enlist anyway, what I mean is are there any guarantees made to you in your contract should you choose to go for 6 years over 4.
>>
>>31761610
no there isnt, but they did tell me that i wouldnt be able to make staff sergeant with a 4 year contract. which seems kinda weird since im joining as an E-3. also i wont be able to go over seas
>>
>>31761630
I don't know specifics about AF, but if it's anything like the Navy, the only reason you wouldn't be able to make rank is because you have to spend a certain amount of time as a certain rank before you can advance. So the only reason you wouldn't be able to make Staff Sergeant is because it's impossible to do within 4 years, not impossible to do if you re-enlist after that and spend enough time in your current rank to continue advancement.
>>
>>31761415
>How is that operator?
Im saying thats the most operating an ET will every do you retard. I was an OS2 so i know all about it so please dont try and big dawg me.
Did you see what he said
>>31761136
>*I mean an operator of comms and nav, not spec ops
Thats what i was refering to, learn to read faggot.

>>31761415
>Furthermore, nobody has any influence over whether or not they can be an FC or ET, it's just decided randomly at boot camp when you get orders to A school.
I know thats why i said
>If you can influence it in any way try for FC.
If by some random chance he saves the COs dog from getting hit by a car or some shit. You never know tahts why i said that.

>FC2
Anyway, what kind are you and what class ship you on
>>
File: thermopylae.jpg (155KB, 701x960px) Image search: [Google]
thermopylae.jpg
155KB, 701x960px
Welp. I'm fairly certain I'm going to either Westpoint or the Naval Academy. It's my parent's dream and they seem to have enough political clout to make it happen. If it's Westpoint, I would want a combat MOS and am hoping for infantry, but I've talked to some people who have said Infantry is for absolute retards. I don't know much about the military. What's the best combat MOS for an Army officer in your opinions? Will being an academy graduate make me hated? How can I make sure I get in muhreens if I go naval academy?
>>
>>31761715
>I was an OS2 so i know all about it so please dont try and big dawg me
So you're an expert at sweeping p-ways? Nice dude. Just kidding.... Only sort of. Were you at least an ASTAC or AIC?

>*I mean an operator of comms and nav, not spec ops
Didn't see that, wasn't in the post, so what else was I supposed to assume?

>If by some random chance he saves the COs dog from getting hit by a car or some shit. You never know tahts why i said that.
Won't happen. The orders are decided by needs of the Navy.

>Anyway, what kind are you and what class ship you on
5" tech on a destroyer.
>>
>>31761687
that could be it. so maybe a 4 year contract would be safer, and i could just reenlist if i like it
>>
>>31761765
So my dude, I took a 6 year contract with the Navy but only because it was guaranteed immediate advancement to E-4 upon completion of A school. As in, everyone else has to take an advancement exam to make E-4, I got it automatically. If there isn't any sort of advantages like that in your contract, there is zero reason to enlist for 6 years vs. 4. DESU, it feels like I took a deal with the devil because I hate the Navy, the Air Force is probably way better but there's still no reason to sign off 2 years of your life with no promises made to you in return.
>>
File: 1476674860726.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476674860726.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
>>31761763
>So you're an expert at sweeping p-ways?
Yes, we did sweepers 3 times a day and i fucking hated it. I accept that hate with open arms.

>Were you at least an ASTAC or AIC?
In 4 years? Fuck no mate thats only for people staying in. I made E-5 at 3 years and only had 1 left. Plus we were on a 7 month deployment the last year so there was no time for schools even if i wanted em,

>Didn't see that, wasn't in the post, so what else was I supposed to assume?
Well I ASSumed you read it cause it was replied to the initial post. Gotta have some fallow thru.

>Won't happen. The orders are decided by needs of the Navy.
Bro i know 99/100 tahts the case but im saying stranger things have happened. I was just giving an anon a little hope.

>5" tech on a destroyer.
Pretty good. You on a new destroyer? Where you home ported at? I was 32nd street SD.

>>31761786
>I hate the Navy
Rate?
>>
>>31761786
yeah im not getting any advantages with a 6 year contract. thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>31737574
I fell for the Marines meme.

What am I in for?
>>
>>31761818
is that a man?
>>
>>31761818
>Pretty good. You on a new destroyer? Where you home ported at? I was 32nd street SD.
>Pretty good.
Fuck no

>You on a new destroyer?
Fuck no

>Where you home ported at?
Norfolk. It's not that bad cause my hometown is just a few hours away but god damn does my ship's schedule suck. And we bust our ass in this division and almost never catch a break. Out of all the FC's and GM's on the ship we are usually the last to go home.

>Rate?
That (You) was me.
>>
>>31761818
Is that Zarya?
>>
>>31761818
>that grill
Sauce?
>>
File: 1475931332790.jpg (401KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475931332790.jpg
401KB, 1080x1920px
>>31761861
>is that a man?
Maybe

>>31761967
>Is that Zarya?
No idea

>>31761982
Sorry aint got it

>>31761887
Man either being on a destroyer is a cruiser is your best bet. Shame yours sucks.

> It's not that bad cause my hometown is just a few hours away
I would hate that.

Ive heard Norfolk itself sucks though. You deployed yet?
>>
>>31761996
>Man either being on a destroyer is a cruiser is your best bet. Shame yours sucks.
I dunno man, everyone who has been on a big deck says it's way better.

>Ive heard Norfolk itself sucks though. You deployed yet?
Most common complaint is the traffic, but where I'm from is just as bad so I don't know any better. Deployed for 9 months to the Persian Gulf, it sucked, but I did get to see Italy, Slovenia, Cyprus, and Dubai which were pretty cool. We were in Bahrain most of the time though, which sucked.
>>
File: 1475939487922.png (838KB, 596x721px) Image search: [Google]
1475939487922.png
838KB, 596x721px
>>31762016
>I dunno man, everyone who has been on a big deck says it's way better.
Thats bullshit for a lot of reasons. Especially for rates like ours.

>Deployed for 9 months to the Persian Gulf
Man that sucks. Thats why i was so glad i was in SD, was able to avoid the gulf. Did 2 deployements myself one of which was a hull swap and was shorter. Our 2nd one was the real deal though. 7 months, some independent steaming and some with the strike group. We actually did some shit to that mattered so that was cool. Got to see loads of asia. Only shit hole we hit was Brunai. Little muslim dustball, we only went to improve relations. Meanwhile right after the king declared sharia law so like it did any good.
>>
Anybody infantry right now?
What do you guys do all day? And how do you keep your hopes up or keep yourself encouraged. Hobbies?
>>
>>31738059
It comes down to what you think should be done about severe trauma victims. Met a cop in my hometown that said he saw a little girl so battered and mentally fucked, that she always moaned. Wouldn't make eye contact, and at random would act like she was being beaten and start screaming. She only stayed alive because of intravenous fluid and ketalar. He thought about putting her down. Some "True Detective" shit he said.

Personally, I don't feel I'd have the authority to kill wojak. Even if he was drugged brain dead, I don't believe I have the medical experience to make that call.
>>
>>31761188
Bump
>>
Navy vs Army intelligence - which service could offer more in terms of a future civilian career? I was pretty set on Navy for a while but I'm going back and forth lately. Some of the Cyber MOS are pretty intriguing in the Army as well.
>>
File: Everythingisfine.gif (633KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Everythingisfine.gif
633KB, 480x270px
Anybody know if AF 1B4X1 (Cyber Warfare Operations) is open to first time enlistees or do you still have to cross train into it?

Also, monthly reminder to never:
>Enlist MP
>Enlist Master-At-Arms
>Enlist Security Forces
>>
File: 1477125087101.jpg (88KB, 680x461px) Image search: [Google]
1477125087101.jpg
88KB, 680x461px
>>31764769
>That escalated quickly

>>31765591
It means hes lying

>>31766185
Youre golden either way. Which rates/MOSs are you looking at specifically?
>>
>>31766260
>Which rates/MOSs are you looking at specifically?

The Army has more options that appeal to me. Cyber Ops, Electronic Warfare, and Intel all seem great. As far as Navy goes, I'd be looking at Intel or IT.

I'm also a bit concerned about getting a security clearance though. A few misdemeanors in my past. Recruiter said I could get a waiver, but for something like intel, I'm not sure if it would fly...
>>
Hey guys, college kid here. I graduate in like 2 years and I'm 95% set on joining the military. So I'm considering a few different careers, my top right now would be:

Navy: Surface Warfare Officer, Sub Warfare Officer, Sub Comms Officer

Army: Infantry Officer, Field Artillery Officer, Helicopter Pilot

USMC: Infantry Officer, Field Artillery Officer, Comms Officer

And I was wondering: I know calculus/trig/calc-based physics looks good on a Navy packet, but is that necessary for the Army and Marines as well? What do they prefer their candidates to have taken in college?

Also, if anyone wants to pitch me any other officer/warrant careers that directly contribute to the death of America's enemies, feel free to.
>>
>>31766353
>but is that necessary for the Army and Marines as well? What do they prefer their candidates to have taken in college?
Degree/GPA/classes don't matter for Army/USMC
though STEM degrees/higher GPA is looked more favored, say an engineering degree with a 3.2 would look better than a 3.5 in fucking art history. That isn't to say you wont get in with an art history degree. Just have a good GPA.
You don't have much of a choice for Army/USMC, only choose between Ground/Air for Marines and Army just hope those options are open when you go OCS.
You can't go in directly as a Sub Comms, Sub officer is through NUPOC program.
>>
>>31766300

The criminal history shouldn't be an issue for a clearance as long as it is disclosed.
>>
>>31766426
Heh, speaking of Art History, I remember one officer on Carrier said he had a Master's degree in that and basically said "and now I'm here". Thought that was really funny for some reason.

Anyway, that's good to know. So I would have to go through the NUPOC program and get handed a job, kind of like OCS? Sorry if that's redundant.

And do you know if OCS boards look at your combined GPA for every school you've attended, or just the school you graduated from?
>>
>>31766300
>Navy
You keep saying "intel" but there is no intel rate. Im assuming you mean a CT rate. CTN is as good as it gets.
IT is good but CT is better.
>Misdemeanor
What specifically? Were you a minor?
If so you should keep your mouth shut.
>>
In my state, weed is no longer a crime, just a citation, but I received a citation 2 years ago. They say if you paid the $100 fine (I did) it's not on your record. So can I just keep my mouth shut for OCS/security clearance type things?
>>
>>31766863
Yes, stay quiet. Theyll never know.
>>
>>31767033
Have fun with the polygraph for CTN.
>>
>>31766776
Sorry, IS. Not CT.

I was not a minor when I got my charges. I'm in my twenties, a couple alchohol things and a para charge.
>>
File: 1475704401757.jpg (244KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475704401757.jpg
244KB, 640x640px
>>31767098
>Have fun with the polygraph for CTN
Clear give away that you have no idea what youre talking about.
First off no rate gets a poly out the door.
Second the only time you ever would is if you took a super sensitive assignment.
Third they wont be asking questions about/relating to that.
Fourth shut your faggy mouth.

>>31767141
IS is ok. CTx rates are better.

If your charges are out there in the open on your record then yes you will have to disclose them.
>>
>>31766353
If you are set on helicopter pilot army has "street to seat" which is a program that allows you to apply to be a helicopter pilot (warrant officer) as a civilian.

I'm not even in the army so I don't know much else about the program I just did a little reading about it a while back.
>>
>>31767590
I'm actually not set on it, I wouldn't might being a helicopter pilot but it's not my top pick. My goal is to finish college to give myself the most life options post-graduation.

I've looked into the program, it's a very good option all around but surface warfare, sub stuff and infantry currently have most of my attention. It could all change though.
>>
I've considered going back into the Marine Corps. I've only been out for about 2 years still in the IRR. Anyone in? How is it all still? If it's still bad I might reconsider. But it's not that fun out here.
>>
>>31767857
Fuck the marine corps. Go 18x in the army. Not joking.
>>
>>31767580
CTNs absolutely get a poly out the door.
>>
>>31767947
I didn't know if they were still looking for that. I was looking to go back in as my original 0621 and get into Anglico, MARSOC or Recon unit.
>>
>>31767953
>CTNs absolutely get a poly out the door.
No they fucking dont
>>
>>31767963
>I didn't know if they were still looking for that.
Im prior navy and getting one and theres another guy at my station whos a prior marine and hes leaving soon with one.
>>
>>31768136
I'll look into that then. Thanks for the information
>>
>>31768161
I mean it goes without saying you gotta meat all the normal standards for 18x obviously.
>>
>>31768184
I understand that. I don't want the easy way in anything I would just like a shot for once. My old unit kept trying to hold me back while I was in and that was why I left.
>>
>>31768205
>My old unit kept trying to hold me back
Its like that for every unit in the whole military. They want to keep you back cause if you leave they are short someone. Best to just get into special program shit from the get go. Thats why 18x as a prior service guy is so nice. Hopefully at least haha
>>
Thank you for your service

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-national-guard-bonus-20161020-snap-story.html?really&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

sucker!
>>
>>31768129

Former CTN here. Every single member of my JCAC class got a poly before they could start working.

I guess if you fail training you wouldn't get one, but then you aren't a CTN either.
>>
>>31768949
what do they ask in the poly? general life questions? I admitted to smoking a bit of weed in the form so im not worried about lying about anything but I'm just curious. Dont want to show up nervous and just fail it because of that
>>
>>31768949
>Every single member of my JCAC class
Is that an optional class or something all CTNs go through?

Also what did they ask you on the poly cause considering polys have been debunked and discredited id be very surprised if you arent lying.
>>
File: nkPRuRdMbPg.jpg (26KB, 800x516px) Image search: [Google]
nkPRuRdMbPg.jpg
26KB, 800x516px
If I had a pretty serious criminal complaint filed against me and a detective interviewed me and nothing happened since then. Would that come up in a Secret or Top Secret Security clearance? Never went to court, never charged, never arrested.
>>
>>31769469

Probably depends on when and where this occurred, as well as if any of those LEOs remember you at all and they are able to give an interview.

>Old ass sheriff 20 years ago in small town Indiana, probably not an issue

>2 years ago, in "Modern" small town America with 33,000 residents, probably an issue
>>
>>31766217
Not in yet, but I heard that job is rarer and usually filled by higher ranking enlisteds, or maybe I'm thinking of Space shit
Ignore anything i'm saying, actually
>>
File: Fletcher - Whiplash.jpg (300KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Fletcher - Whiplash.jpg
300KB, 1200x900px
Would this be considered "too harsh" into today's US military?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIABSdupWdI
>>
>>31769210

JCAC is the one and only CTN job training course. It isn't optional.
>>
>>31768991
Imma drop some polygraph knowledge on y'all

First off, they don't work. Even the guy who invented it said something like "you know that lie detector I made? Total bullshit".

The best way to beat it is to be confident or, failing that, distracted. Putting a sharp rock in your shoe will take your mind off it enough that you'll pass it even if you are lying up a storm. Just knowing that the machine is 99.999999999% bullshit and is more or less a scare tactic will easily get you through it. The people who administer the test also know this, but they do it anyway because of the powerful media lore built up around it being absolutely infallible

It's also got normal stress more or less factored in, so false positives never happen. False negatives however, are incredibly easy to produce.

In the end though, none of this matters, because they don't administer them for any clearence save for top secret, where to get there you will have already gone through intense psychological screening with and without your awareness, again making it just for intimidation
>>
>>31769835
The verbal abuse is pretty spot on, and is almost verbatim what a DI might yell at you

The only thing is the slapping: DI's are very careful about touching the recruits skin, and will apologize for even accidentally brushing their hand on your skin. But they will grab you by the clothes or by your pack and shove you around. The chair throwing is another maybe. They wouldn't hardball it at your skull, but they might lob it into your midsection(but only if you actually fuck up)
>>
>>31770161
Ok and what about my other question? See >>31770433
Finally someone with some sense.
>>
>>31737574
How often do special force soldiers get killed and what kills them the most?
>>
For NUPOC, is applying for subs or surface easier to get?
>>
>>31771335
Subs
Though youll get surface if you want it theyll give you shit about it but the option is there
>>
>>31771591
That's what I thought

I was interested more in subs anyway, I need to figure out a way to be articulate about it though. My main reason is that I want to help defend the US and I think a major part of the reason we are so safe is the fact that if you try to do anything with us there's a sub nearby that will fuck you up the ass. Not sure that's the kind of reason they're looking for, though.
>>
>>31771624
You could say that with the interview with the admiral, he might like that
but honestly they dont care, they just want bodies
>>
>>31771655
Alright, thanks

I think I've been reading the nukeworker forum too much - they've been making it sound like it's a pretty hard program to get into whereas on here I've heard they're pretty desperate (esp with the STEM job market not being piss poor right now)
>>
>>31771681
If you have decent GPA/degree and know your calc and physics you'll get it
>>
Heading off to Navy boot camp in 3 weeks. I'm nervous. I'm afraid they're gonna tell me to go home because of some medical bullshit I never knew about.

Help.
>>
>>31771941
Simple and easy to remember situation to any and all fears you may have about being kicked out. It's even an acronym, and the military loves acronyms!

DBAB and DBAR-Don't Be A Bitch and Don't Be A Retard
>>
>>31771990
I know somebody who was diagnosed with a heart condition during their second week. Apparently a large and sudden shift in altitude would have killed her. Apparently going from the engine room to a higher deck was a concern and she was discharged.

What if something like that happens? I won't be a bitch, but if it's out of my hands..
>>
>>31772106
Then you shouldn't be in the fucking Navy

For fuck's sake, they're not gonna drop you for something that isn't a major concern. Stop being a pussy and stop worrying about stuff that you have no control over
>>
>>31772126
>>31772106
Best advice, in this specific case and life in general. Control what you can, and let what you can't run its course
>>
File: VOoFll.jpg (47KB, 477x640px) Image search: [Google]
VOoFll.jpg
47KB, 477x640px
If there was a real war (boots on the ground, naval warfare, taking & holding territory, all branches have prettty good chance of being in danger if deployed, etc) how much of those currently serving here think that you work with people who would be able to handle it? I keep hearing that standards are being lowered, the forces are becoming more pc, and that some people just join up for what they percieve as a cushy government job. I'm genuinely intereseted in what some of the serving /k/ommandos have to say about the state of our military.
>>
>>31772475
>>>/pol/
>>
If I want a specific MOS on my contract, knowing my recruiter will try to sell me another MOS, what can I do to convince my recruiter the MOS I want? He's a chill guy, but he does have the recruiter stereotype on occasions. Also, I already signed most of my contract at MEPS so just walking away isn't an option.
>inb4 retard
>>
>>31771681
Not the guy you're replying to, but I'm just curious: Why NUPOC?

I'm a civie btw
>>
>>31770433
DO NOT put tacks in your shoes. They check your shoes. They have a pad in case you're trying the "clench your asshole" trick.

Don't worry anons. It's probably just a CI poly, which is a bunch of questions about your terrorist activities. AKA, nothing to worry about.
>>
File: berettta.jpg (63KB, 679x428px) Image search: [Google]
berettta.jpg
63KB, 679x428px
thinking of either being infantry, commando or para, can pass the fitnes requirements for infantry, any tips for good exercise? Especially
upper body, legs are fine

>>31746692
the BARB, look on the british army website its all there
>>
one of u cunts make a new meg thread
>>
>>31769835
>Would this be considered "too harsh" into today's US military?
That would be considered "too harsh" (or at the very least, incredibly ineffective) at most times because nothing is being learned.

The point of instruction is to teach recruits how to assimilate training quickly and effectively despite stress and distraction.
In that scene in "Whiplash" the only point is the abuse itself.

A good DI knows when the recruit's mind has just shut down and there's no more point in yelling. More importantly, a good DI makes sure that the recruit always knows why he got yelled at.
>>
>>31768577
Kek. Also, why?
>>
>>31745812
Dunno why the fuck you're asking /meg/ since you clearly didn't listen to us in the first place. Just kidding, shit's easy as fuck. Enjoy sipping bug juice in your ivory crew's mess for the next 6 to 30 years.
>>
>>31739449
>what are privacy laws
>what is doctor/patient legal privilege
>>
>>31774307
>>31774307
>>31774307
>>
>>31772475
No way this chick actually serves unless she has a recently discovered hormonal problem.
>>
>>31774183
Just got finished signing those away on my security paperwork. It's very specific about what HIPPA is and that I am choosing to waive my protections under it.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.