[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 63

File: 1424819116907.jpg (31KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1424819116907.jpg
31KB, 333x333px
Military Enlistment General /MEG/

The Road edition

Previous thread
>>31491475

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857
>>
Posted this on the last thread but that's dead so I figure I'll just repost my question here. Anybody got any info they can share with me about the Foreign Legion that I wouldn't be able to find out except from someone who might've been in it, such as conditions, unit culture, which regiments are bad/good. Thanks guys, I've looked around on Cervens but there ain't a whole lot of info about anything on there besides Stroeng's training regimen. Anything anybody could tell me would be hugely appreciated.
>>
Ive got my final assessment Tuesday, is joining infantry in peacetime as retarded as it sounds?
>>
How difficult is Navy/Marine flight school?
What is the likelihood a fighter pilot of turning into a PTSD-riddled murder machine?
>>
When I report to Great Lakes what is the medical exam like? They just take blood and what else?
>>
>>31526947
It's a long and tough pipeline, especially if you want to be top of your class to be a fighter pilot
Have to be a good swimmer too.
You got a degree?
>>
File: kel.jpg (218KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kel.jpg
218KB, 683x1024px

4chan Pass user since August 2016.
>>
File: chyna-wwf.jpg (75KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
chyna-wwf.jpg
75KB, 1100x619px
Why does every male in the Air Force sound like Chyna? They all have a weird tranny voice crack. Do they get fed estrogen pills?
>>
>>31527167
what the fuck
>>
>>31526804
The FFL is a total shitbag unit. They have severe lack of funding. Your training will be shit tier. You'd be twenty times better off joining the Wyoming National Guard.

And I might be under cutting the WNG.
>>
>>31527152
>Have to be a good swimmer
Looks like I have something else to work on
>You got a degree?
Not yet, but I'll be starting community college next semester with some dual enrollment credit under my belt, so I can get that sweet, sweet guaranteed enrollment to one of Virgnia's public ivys.
>>
>>31527202
I've heard some conflicting things from a lot of different sources, but one of the common themes I keep hearing is the lack of funding and shit-tier training for everyone not in 2REP. Why exactly is this? I know the French think they're expendable but I can't understand why they'd willingly train them like shit. It kinda sounds more and more like a worse funded version of the marines where nobody speaks the same language.
>>
>>31527258
For example, they were supposed to be the main ground assault force for a raid on a compound in Afghanistan. The U.S. provided air support and artillery, the Brits provided evac, mortars and reinforcements.

They fucked it all up from the get-go. The Brits ended up completing the mission.

The fucking FFL is worthless.
>>
>>31527430
Yeah, I've read from a few active legionnaires that generally the officers are retarded. Add on the fact that most people don't even speak French very well and it's easy to see how it becomes a clusterfuck. I've generally been considering it as a way to get French citizenship, get paid and get the basic necessities. Most regiments are in France right now I believe so I most likely wouldn't even see combat.
>>
Does the Navy have drone pilots?
>>
>>31527537
Does the Army have rifles?
>>
How many SF86 forms will I fill out if I join the Navy and get a TS clearance? Do they only use the one that you do when you first talk to a recruiter, or will I have to fill it out again to get a Secret, and then again for a Top Secret?
>>
>>31526594
Sup /meg/

So I want to do something intel, probably 35g or 1N1X1

Will I have trouble getting a TS if I was born in Mexico? What troubles me more though is that I did not enter the country legally, however I am a dual citizen now, and I have my SSN and Passport, so my legality has never been questioned.

I also don't know where my biological father lives, and have no current ties to Mexico.
>>
>>31527945
You'll have to give up your mexican passport/citizen. Have you gone back? What about your mom?
>>
>>31526887
Yes.
>>
>>31528025
>You'll have to give up your mexican passport/citizen
Don't have a problem with this, but I think someone told me Mexico has no official process for relinquishing citizenship. I should probably talk to a lawyer who deals with this kind of stuff.
>Have you gone back?
No
>What about your mom?
Nope, she's an american citizen as well
>>
File: 1471590316001.png (831KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1471590316001.png
831KB, 1280x1381px
>been running for 7 weeks c25K
>only thing that has improved is my stamina
>still slow as shit.
Just came back from 9:45 min/mile average on a 2.25 run.
>>
>>31526947
You'll do more close air support with the marines
>>
>>31529124
I congratulate you on your continuing effort. Keep at it. Your goal ought to be in the seven minute margin. That may seem unreachable but at your young age, you can do boundless things. Trust me. An eight minute mile in the Army meant a nice, slow pace. Think about that.

Keep on truckin, brother.
>>
will the army check my mental health records? I'm not crazy but people say I am!... haha....
>>
>>31529124
If you want speed try .25 or .5 mile runs
>>
So I want to do a specific job that isn't open and I want to put it on my contract. Will my recruiter deny my request? Also, will they check your teeth at MEPS?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-26-13-31-30.png (245KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-26-13-31-30.png
245KB, 480x854px
>>31527182
Basically yes.
>Fluoride and glyphosate both made by Monsanto(now Bayer).
>>
>>31530920
Recruiter can't do anything if there's really no slots. You can wait for it though.
>>
>>31529124

Long runs for stamina, sprints for speed, man. Muscles respond to what you make them do. You haven't been wasting your time or anything but if you want to get explosive speed, you need to try hill sprints or at least leave one day aside per week for a 1-miler.
>>
>>31530717
The last thread was all about medical transparency.

They only know what you give them. But if you end up doing something criminal/dangerous because of a serious disorder you hid, and they're feeling particularly litigious, they can make a legal case of it and have a lawyer get your medical records.

If you're just one of those poor fucks who was prescribed ADHD meds as a 13 year old and is completely functional now, don't worry about it.
>>
>>31530920
>Also, will they check your teeth at MEPS

Yes. What's wrong with your chompers?
>>
Us navy checking in, ill be in and out today to answer questions.
>>
Anyone in defense analysis here? Trying to write a paper independently (to recommend defense improvements) but have no idea how to start. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>31532728
Locking Hillary in a prison can vastly improve defense and national security.
>>
>>31532822
No /pol/ tier answers, please.
>>
What are the odds that Trump or Clinton get us involved in another conflict that will create another "Surge"? I want to join either the Army as a medic or the Navy as a corpsman but I don't want to be stuck in peacetime infantry. A few options I have in mind. Continue my current job(easy hours 30k per year) and just hope for conflict. Or cut back on my job in order to go to EMT training for civilians. Or just join peacetime infantry like a jabroni.
>>
>>31532861
Both are going to get us involved in a war.
Clinton is a Hawk and Trump is Trump. I'm betting we go to war in the next 5 years.
>>
>>31532728
Better management of finances by the dod
> $300 for a hammer
More restictive selection of flag officers
>we have more admirals than we have ships
Less head in the sand tactics
>if you go to war, do it like you mean it
>>
Specific question here relating just to shit relating to the new nagy changes. What will all this rate changing, NOS codes, and other bullshit, end up affecting my recent enlistment as SECF? I ship out for boot camp in January.
>>
Hey /k/, so I finished high school like 3.5 months ago. It turned out that college was not for me. I really don't know what to study and I feel like I'm wasting my time because I really don't want college at all right now. I have an incredible urge to something greater than myself. I was thinking of joining the military I'm just stuck between Army and Air Force.
I really want to do something combat related and if I'm up for it maybe even go SF, that's why I want to join the Army, but at the same time I want to live a comfy life and watch my chinese cartoons or play vidya in my free time; Air Force.
I need some advice guys.

Also which branch would ship me out the fastest, I want to leave asap
>>
>>31526887
Jesus fuck. Don't do it. Take your ASVAB and take the highest skilled job you can. Three years down the road that infantry ideology you had will look like naive fantasy if you sell yourself short.
>>
>>31533595
Join the Air Force. Sing up for the Combat Controllers. You deploy with the most elite units and get to travel the world.
>>
>>31532623
>doesnt say his rate
>doesnt say where hes stationed
>doesnt say how long hes been in
>>
>>31533595
>Also which branch would ship me out the fastest, I want to leave asap
Probably not the Air Force. With the other branches, you can walk in the recruiter's office and say "I'll take whichever job that gets me shipped out the fastest," and then they'll schedule you a MEPS date to sign a contract for that job. With the Air Force, you instead make a list of jobs after going to MEPS, and then your recruiter will contact you when one of those jobs becomes available.

To put it into perspective, I went to MEPS two weeks ago with people who were supposed to be shipping out around now. I'm still waiting for my recruiter to call me about a job opening. Although, of course it could be that it's taking longer for me because I chose jobs that are not in demand right now.
>>
>>31533595
If you qualify for a brainy job, why would you waste your time in the infantry? Think of your brains like a talent. What if a guy that qualified and could easily get into seals, wanted to be a cook or a deck ape? Wouldn't you consider that a waste of his talents too?
You can contribute more using your head. Go Navy nuke or whatever the highest science job is in the AF. It's hard as fuck to get nukes, they will throw money and auto ranks at you like cake.
>>
>>31530547
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
>>
>>31533986
You are welcome. I cherish every single person who wishes to serve our country.

-Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, LRS
>>
>>31533768
What jobs are in demand in the air force right now?
I read that they are short of maintainers, I don't know if that's true still.
>>
Going to attempt to enlist into army as an 18x. I'll be attempting this after graduation with a bachelors of science. Planning on taking the two classes of Arabic offered at my university. Anything I should know or be forewarned of?
Thanks friends
>>
>>31534287
desu basic is easy as fuck, just shut your mouth, don't get freaked out about the prospect of getting smoked, because thats why you are there. When I went through Benning a few months back everyone would be freaking out at each other at the prospect of getting smoked for something stupid, but the DS always find a reason. Just go into it knowing you won't be doing anything right for a few weeks and ride the tiger. Its not that bad. It honestly becomes pretty fun. Don't be surprised when you hit black phase and they start smoking the shit out of you again after kinda taking it easy in white and blue.
>>
>>31534191

On the officer side it's Acquisitions, Pilots, Missiles, Cyber, and Maintenance right now.
>>
>>31534305
This goes for any of you guys trying to be Infantrymen or whatever. Ft Benning has gotten pretty easy from what I understand, but a few of the companies down there still kick your ass. I was in Alpha 2-58 and they would smack us around and come in drunk and smoke us at random hours of the evening. Have fun.
>>
File: 1446082739996.png (193KB, 559x558px) Image search: [Google]
1446082739996.png
193KB, 559x558px
>>31533779
>Go Navy nuke
Mistake>>31533595
Dont lsiten to him at all. NUKE is a trash rate. If you want a brainy navy job go CTN.

>>31534287
Are you in great shape? Be honest, you need to go in in already excellent physical condition, dont assume BCT and AIT and Airborne will get you there.
>>
>>31534323
Guessing you don't have anything on enlisted or does it matter?
>>
>>31533595
>Oh man, college is hard, better do something easy like Special Forces instead.

It's disturbing how common this line of thought is.
>>
>>31533731
>dont want to disclose my rate
>dont want to disclose my location
>been in for 4 years.
>>
>>31527167
>4chan Pass user since August 2016.
the fuck
>>
>>31534764
Never said it was hard moron, I just stated I don't feel it's the right thing for me as of now, I feel out of place and I'm just expanding my options.
>>
>>31535042
if you pay the slant eyed jew 15 dollars for a pass and type since4pass in options field it displays it
>>
>>31535206

That's a lot of words for "college is hard". If you can't handle school outside the military what makes you think you're going to be able to handle schools inside the military?
>>
File: elderly shrug.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
elderly shrug.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>31534384
>enlisted
Who cares? Unless its SOF its all the same.
>>
File: 1467061808911.png (320KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1467061808911.png
320KB, 500x375px
If i go to a recruiter in Arizona since I live here now. Will they see every information from my previous rectuiters in California from a few years back? I took the Asvab at like 21 but im 26 now. I was being stupid and told them i went to therapist once and i had 2 moles removed from my body. If i go to new recruiter and not mention anything, will their systems bring anything up?
>>
>>31534870
>dont want to disclose my rate
Why?
>dont want to disclose my location
Also why?

Please dont give me some opsec bull shit.
>>
>>31534382
Indeed I am. And I have 2 years to improve the endurance aspect of my running. I'm transitioning from a strength/hypertrophy weight training style to a cardio endurance and core strength style. I workout every day for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours so I'm slowly moving over the course of a few months
>>
>>31537272
Yo it sounds like you are doing some bullshit meme routine. If yuo are working out everyday it sounds like youre doing a body part split which is a shitty idea.
How strong are you, what are your compound lift maxs?
>>
>tfw going to MEPS tomorrow
>tfw nervous
>>
Can anyone who has been in the intelligence community precisely grade how retarded I am for wanting to find a job in it? Not sure where else to ask. 90% sure I can't join the military proper due to a medical history longer than War and Peace.
>>
>>31537650
>precisely grade how retarded I am for wanting to find a job in it?
What?
Intelligence is one of the best fields to work in, wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>31537751
So my retard grade is a 0/10? Nice.
>>
File: 1471957733648.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1471957733648.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>>31537472
>nervous about MEPS
>>
>>31538211
i have some dental issues that i hope dont disqualify me
>>
>>31537849
>So my retard grade is a 0/10? Nice.
Basically intel is in high demand and has great civilian opportunities.
Why did you think ti was bad?
>>
File: 1428258053094.png (259KB, 490x932px) Image search: [Google]
1428258053094.png
259KB, 490x932px
>>31538304
You don't do a dental checkup at MEPS
>>
>>31538357
ive heard that some do
>>
Will a security check be able to dredge up your deleted social media? I mean it probably will but will most of them bother to look at that?
>>
>>31538326
I think he's talking about trying to go intelligence while lying about medical issues.
t. anon who's in the same boat and likely fucked himself over worse by not lying the first time and trying again now
>>
>>31537465
Yes I'm doing muscle group splits with a focus on compounds. Current bench is 265 for two, touching chest obviously with no bouncing, squat is 355 for two past parallel, and deadlift 385 for one. Muscle splits have suited me just fine as well as training every day. In three years I've gained 50lbs and kept my starting bodyfat percentage of 7-8%. At the same time I understand the military isn't really going to give a damn how much I bench lol, hence why I'm shifting my training focus to cardio endurance, calisthenic, and core strength
>>
So how does housing allowance work if you're on a ship? Do they count the ship as housing and give you nothing? Do you have a base that they count?
>>
>>31540014
dont you only get housing allowance when you live off base? im assuming a ship counts as a base
>>
>>31540076
That's sort of my question. I'm asking if they count a ship as a base, or just give me a base that I'll barely see.
>>
How accurate is this article?

http://www.amren.com/news/2016/10/diversity-in-the-army-anti-white-military-racism/
>>
>>31540419
Extremely, judging by how well researched it is, barring a few blanket statements, it's very well written and easy to believe
>>
>>31527182
Because the Air Force is actually where aall of the fags are. On my first Iraq deployment we had a shit ton of Air Force and Navy on my FOB and AF dudes were constantly getting caught doing gay shit. Also, it's a requirement for AF females to love black guys.
>>
>>31527522
Nonsense, you'd go to Mali at least once. It's not that bad compared to the rest of Europe (Bundies are pretty shit in comparison) and their training is equivalent to the rest of the French Army, if not a little more extreme. Their officers are shit because it's where the regular army sends it's shit officers.
>>
>>31527839
Just 1 is used for them all.
>>
>>31527246
>Virginia
Jesus Christ, you fellow VA anons are everywhere.

UVa grad here, entered through CC myself. Confirm for sweet, sweet education.
>>
>>31538882
Most competent, non minimum wage jobs will do that. I don't think they'd give a shit if you were a total fag in 5th grade, but if you've got any underage drinking or elicit drugs on there you best get rid of that shit just to be sure
>>
my back is all fucked up and hurts if i move in any direction, if i go see a doctor right now will the army reject me later? im 19
>>
>>31541524
not if your back gets fixed
>>
>>31532601
I have a toothache on my lower left jaw and I can't open or close my mouth completely without it hurting. I also don't think I can see a dentist before than.
>>
Why does every dumbass here write their fucking life story like they're writing a teeny bopper romance novel? All of them are the same shit too "I'm 18-20, in college with shit grades and no motivation; I wanted to join the military since I was 2 years old and want to join the air force to protect and serve the sacrifice of anti isis greater than myself sacrifice. I want a job with no work and 6 figure salary once I get out, I also don't want to ever deploy anywhere but the recruiter won't pay attention to me"
Nobody cares, write your fucking QUESTION and stfu.
>>
>>31532728
No answers to this?
>>
>>31538386
Nigga unless you have a BOMB in your molars you'll be fine.
>>
>>31541851
They're trying to give a backround on any possible relevant information. Stop being such a whiny bitch about it
>>
>>31542761
im missing like half a wisdom tooth. its pretty noticeable
>>
>>31532595
thank you
>>
I lost a leg in a car accident a few years back.
Is there any way I can contribute to the ADF?
>>
File: 1475088732926.png (437KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475088732926.png
437KB, 600x600px
>>31538882
>Will a security check be able to dredge up your deleted social media?
Absolutely not
>>31540661
>Most competent, non minimum wage jobs will do that.
No
>>31538991
>. anon who's in the same boat and likely fucked himself over worse by not lying the first time and trying again now
Thats why we tell everyone to lie on here.
>>31539258
>Yes I'm doing muscle group splits with a focus on compounds.
Dude just switch to a powerlifting program and throw in some accessories. Btw your squat is too high in relation to your DL so i assume you arent actually squatting as deep as you think you are.
>>31540014
>>31540076
>>31540252
Once you hit E-5,generally, you can apply for BAH and get an apartment.
>>
File: massachusetts-national-guard.jpg (49KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
massachusetts-national-guard.jpg
49KB, 300x225px
What are the requirements for telling your employer you are shipping off to the Guard?

I'd like to wait until the absolute last minute, because knowing my toxic management, they'll try to fire me before I ship and therefore forfeit my commission.

I plan on quitting and finding a new job upon my return from BCT and AIT, but I don't want to be cheated out of commission I already earned.
>>
>>31544412
Past parallel friendo. I'll make a video if you want lol, seems a bit excessive for the sake of internet proof though. Reason my squat is so high is when I started I put a disproportionate focus on legs and it kinda boosted my squat strength. I know once I started doing significantly more cardio I'll likely lose some weight and strength, but I'm ok with it since my goals are shifting. As I said, doesn't really matter if I can DL 405 and cant run 5 miles in decent time. What's your stats brosephus?
>>
File: 1475276248919.png (99KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
1475276248919.png
99KB, 550x412px
>>31545121
>they'll try to fire me before I ship and therefore forfeit my commission.
Thats illegal

>>31545355
>As I said, doesn't really matter if I can DL 405 and cant run 5 miles in decent time.
I completely agree its just most peoples DLs are quite a bit higher than their squat. Do you wear a belt? I dont so that may be helping your squat more than DL.
>What's your stats brosephus?
Im a good example, i can squat 305x5 but i DL today actually 365x5. Bench 265x6 OHP 160x5.
>>
>>31526947

PTSD =/= murder
>>
>>31527537

Yes but for both Officer and Enlisted, they're pulled out of regular aviation specialties. There isn't a specific contract option as far as I know.
>>
>>31533442

Unlikely within that timeframe.

>>31533196

>flag Os

It's not all about ships. Aviation, engineering, cyber, personnel, intel, and about 20 other things are large enough of communities where they warrant several Admirals.
>>
>>31526594
Why do you guys eager to fight for your jewish overlords? I mean, there is no doubt there is a war coming in the next year or two or whatever. And you guys even sign up in peacetime just to be first in line to die for the kikes business plans.
The US is doing a fantastic job at brainwashing its citizens. You guys are morons if you think you're doing something good by signing up. You're nothing but useful idiots.
>>
>>31545716
>warrant several Admirals.
You ever heard the expression "too many chiefs and not enough indians"?
Theres plenty of people standing around with coffee cups pretending to be in charge and not enough people actually getting there hands dirty.

>>31545838
First off less than 10% of jobs in the mil will ever actually see combat.
Second off its a pay check so who cares.
Third off if you want to fight then youll fight either way so whoever its for is irrelevant.
Fourth im guessing youre mad you cant get in so all i can say is stay mad.
>>
>>31545838
Go to rebbit or /pol/ to discuss that.

We're only here to help each other make the best out of our careers in any military in the world, not bash people who joined.
>>
>>31545883
>Second off its a pay check so who cares.

Of course it's all about the benjamins. I mean.. What do you think the guards at the concentration camps were thinking when they were doing their job? My bet is that they were thinking:

>It's a paycheck, who cares

Not that I suport jews or anything, but this is a good example of how people behave when there is money to be made. They literally walk on corpses. Fucking greedy cunts.

This mentality is what makes this planet a fucking shithole. The "I don't fucking care because I got $$$ to buy new xbox games, new sneakers, fastfood etc"

You're the kind of moron who is comfy as long as you have bread and circus. You're a simple man, who has to be told what to do at all times. you don't have a mind of your own. You're like a domesticated stupid dog who do simple commands for your owner for cash.

Why would you want to fight anyone anyway? Self defense is one thing, but signing up to fight for a corrupt government is something completely different.

You're wrong. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm jealous of you being a property of the US army and NWO and Hillary etc etc.
>>
File: 1475219768387.png (64KB, 306x294px) Image search: [Google]
1475219768387.png
64KB, 306x294px
>>31546147
>Why would you want to fight anyone anyway?
Like i said over 90% of jobs are in a support function and will never in use a gun or see rounds coming there way.
>What do you think the guards at the concentration camps were thinking when they were doing their job?
Are you seriously equating being in the US military to being in the Nazi army??? Thats the best false equivalency ive ever seen.
>This mentality is what makes this planet a fucking shithole.
Getting payed to do a job is a bad mentality? Again, we arent committing genocide.
>You're the kind of moron who is comfy as long as you have bread and circus.
And yorue the type of moron who is so butt hurt he comes here to shitpost as if anyone actually cares.
>You're a simple man, who has to be told what to do at all times. you don't have a mind of your own. You're like a domesticated stupid dog who do simple commands for your owner for cash.
Why? Because i have people who out rank me and i take orders from them? Newsflash, every job in the entire world is like that. Everyone has a boss.
Again, i realize you are mad because you got turned away from service and are now bitter. Were you too fat? Psychotic? Both?
>>
>>31546238
I'm just stating my opinion. I don't care if people agree with me or not.I don't feed of attention like that. I don't need approval. I don't even care if you think I'm a fat psychotic loser with bad eyesight.

Even if you're not using guns or you're not in combat. You still contribute to keep the NWO warmachine running by working for them.

There is nothing wrong with getting payed to do a job. I just don't like "the man" and "the establishment" and so on. You dig? Fuck the system, man.

And btw the US military and the Nazi army is almost the same thing.I mean they're both armies and they fight/fought for their own countries. You make it sound like comparing the two is crazy, but the main difference I can think of between the two is that the nazi word has a bad reputation. The US military doesn't have the best rep in the world either, right? But the US military sounds better because of the lack of nazi symbols n shit. And you know, to brainwashed ameicans, everything sounds good as long as the word US, USA, AMERICA, AMERICAN, FREEDOM, LIBERTY is written on it.

My point is:
A nazi soldier is no worse than a US soldier. And a chinese soldier is no worse than a japanese soldier.

The military is for useful idiots who is desperate to make money. The system exploits poor people and useful idiots sign up. It's a win win siutation.
>>
>>31545483
Impressive broseph. Nah I don't use a belt, I used to buti feel like belowa certain weight all it does is preemptively create strength imbalances in your back. Like anyone DLing 495 yeah use the belt lol, but I don't feel the need at my weight. I'm beginning the cardiovascular increase this week. Kinda sad I'll lose some mass but at least I'll be pretty cut and I don't have to worry about losing excess weight.
>>
>>31526887
Infantryman here, get airborne atleast and have them send you to Alaska. Otherwise DO NOT DO IT.
>>
>>31527945
Joined as resident got naturalized 1 year after joinig. Youll be FINE.
>>
File: IG joe.jpg (78KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IG joe.jpg
78KB, 400x300px
I talked to ta National guard recruiter at campus and on campus briefly and now I'm going to an appointment with him tomorrow.

I'd like to know what to ask for in terms of contract. I know that it's important to try to get as many schools as possible on your contract for active duty, but does that matter at all for Louisiana National Guard. I'm probably gonna go engineers or Infantry but I'd like to do shit like Jumps School and SERE just for the fun of it while I'm in College and can take off semesters to do crazy stuff and have my education paid for by the Guard.

The only other thing I really need to get is the 50,000 of student loan repayment. If I don't get that I'm not gonna do it. Apparently you need to fill a "needed" job in the guard so I'm definitely gonna ask about that.

Any general Guard tips appreciated

Also is doing basic and Infantry or Engineers school just in the summer and back In time to get back to college a thing or this guy pulling my leg
>>
File: 1475276186181.png (71KB, 598x566px) Image search: [Google]
1475276186181.png
71KB, 598x566px
>>31546539
>I'm just stating my opinion
The question is why? No one here wants to hear it.
>NWO warmachine
The US military is NWO? Cmon man take off the tin foil hat.
>I just don't like "the man" and "the establishment" and so on. You dig? Fuck the system, man.
Autism?
>And btw the US military and the Nazi army is almost the same thing.
Literally not at all.
>The military is for useful idiots who is desperate to make money. The system exploits poor people and useful idiots sign up. It's a win win siutation.
So every person in the military is an idiot? I was in the Navy for 4, loved traveling the world and now i use the Gi Bill and am getting my degree for free. I think most people would say thats pretty smart.

>>31546564
>I'm beginning the cardiovascular increase this week.
Man all you need to do is add in a cardio plan. You wanna keep your strength but also get faster. Thats why im sayin get a 3-4 day a week PL program and run the other 2-3 days.
>>31546568
>have them send you to Alaska.
Whats the benefit to being in Alaska? Just curious.
>>
>>31546884
im a nasty girl. It can be fun, but im fairly certain that a "needed" job wont be infantry. Maybe engineer if youre lucky. It depends on what your state is low on (usually the shit jobs)
>>
>>31546884
Also, RSP is to get you in shape. Take it seriously and basic is so much easier. Im TX tho so idk how LA does it.
>>
>>31546884
My recruiter told me id be able to get a split op. Its bullshit, they only approve it for HS kids. So I get to miss winter semester lol
>>
>>31547419
>>31547434
>>31547467
thanks guys I do need to get in better shape,

What about trying to get some kind of school on a contract or is that not a thing in the NG?
>>
Did/does anyone here have ADHD? How did you get off meds?
>>
Should I go nuke? I've heard it's shit but the extra pay and prestige is alluring. Worth it or no?
>>
File: 1475164655863.png (444KB, 581x541px) Image search: [Google]
1475164655863.png
444KB, 581x541px
>>31547939
>extra pay
Its not that much and certainly isnt worth it
If you mean bonuses there are plenty of other rates with huge bonuses

>>31547939
>prestige
What prestige? Literally no one cares that youre a nuke, they will pity you not look up to you.

>>31547939
>Worth it or no?
Absolutely not, go CTN or FC.
>>
>>31547991
Yeah I was planning on CTN from the very beginning. Getting some slight hassle from my recruiter about it, but I get where they're coming from... Tough to fill nuke slots.

They better start treating nukes better or give them a shit ton more money, I'm guessing numbers will fall a lot from kids doing their research online and staying away from it
>>
>>31547939
Current 7 year nuke, first 2 years suck, after that its not bad, I make more then most JO's. If you want a lot of good opportunities outside in the civie world nuke will give more options then almost all other NOS's. Currently accepted a offer working for Coca Cola paying 190k a year plus bonus after my final year
>>
>>31548856
Coca cola has nuclear reactors?
>>
>>31540624
Thanks it's slightly reassuring to hear that if I were to take that road it wouldn't be for nothing. If I were to go for it I'd without a doubt try for 2REP or 1st foreign cavalry. I'm still debating as to whether I should join up with the U.S. or the legion as the legion seems more of a short term thing, while if I were to join the U.S. I'd probably make a career out of it. Also, based on what an army recruiter told me and my asvab score (90/100) I very well could make a career out of it doing basically whatever I wanted in the armed forces. But, I'm still not quite sure if I want to spend any more than 5 or so years in any army.
>>
>>31550307
Do you realize the army has 3 year contracts?
>>
>>31550410
Actually no, recruiter never mentioned that. I feel like a giant dumbass now, but thank you though.
>>
>>31530939
Anyone who believes a study from a screenshot of an Instagram post doesn't deserve to reproduce.
>>
Pros/cons of dog handler (31K)?
>>
>>31527098
Do you mean RTC?

During the first two weeks of RTC, you will go though a health assesment and inoculations. You will have your blood drawn, getting shots, eye exam, hearing exam, piss test, allergies and other medical issues.
>>
>>31532728
Bumping this for attention. Is nobody here in analysis/intel?
>>
>>31552116
Pro- you work with dogs
Can- you're not allowed to pet the dog
>>
Hey /meg/ I promise I am not a troll, just looking for genuine advice on what my next step should be. So long story short I am good highschool student (3.9 GPA, 1480 on the new SAT, 31 on the ACT, a few 4's on AP tests) and I live in California. I absolutely love guns, being physically tested and pushed to my limits. What should I do? I talked to my father about this and he recommended that I get my bachelor's and then apply for officer school. However I sort of just want to join straight away after I graduate from highschool. (Btw I turned 18 a month ago so yeah)
>>
Anyone here 19K / Armor?
>>
Question for you guys , considering joining the airforce and my primary goal is to join the NECP. Is this a good choice ? Considering this because situation at home is getting rough and probably won't be able to stay here much longer, im currently attending college but probably won't be able to much longer... Is that a good plan? I figure if I can get a bachelor's degree and go to school and get a degree that will allow me to adjust back to civilian life is the best choice I can make. If I do go this route I'd seriously consider doing my ten years to retire as well.... What do you guys think I don't know anything else other than that program exists
>>
>>31552778
Do what feels right, in your heart

However, military will pay for school, it will even pay for you to go to school specifically to be an officer later.

Life is longer than most people think, you're allowed to get an education later in life. You might be better off for it even
>>
>>31546539
>>31546147
>>31545838
How's middle school?
>>
>>31552778
Shit, man are you me (prior to college)? I'm where you are but, I'm in my fourth year of college, and preparing for Marine OCS with the intent of making it as a Marine Aviator. If you go to college, you can begin OCS through ROTC (or whatever equivalent they have for other branches), in your junior and senior year--so it's not too long from now, meaning you'll be commissioned the summer you graduate. Since it's peacetime, OCS (at least for the marines--not sure about other branches, though I'd imagine it wouldn't be far off) is quite competitive, so you can use these years to study for the proper exams, get involved in leadership activities, jobs, etc. and hone your body to ace the PFTs to be more competitive.
>>
>>31550095
Most nukes get non-nuclear jobs outside in the Civilian sector. Our training in nuclear power isn't what jobs are looking for, its the ability to learn new skills if needed. There are also some nukes who go to teach part time while also working at a plant soley because they enjoy it. Qualifying as an Instructor over at NNPTC will allow you to teach in some states. But i would say most nukes I know don't work in nuclear jobs after. Hell I know atleast 5 guys who all now work at google.
>>
>>31553046
Anybody
>>
>>31535842
US NAVY here. Soon to be CTI3 exiting DLIFLC. Ama.
>>
>>31547991
>going for worst ct
Go for CTI
>>
File: 1455647278776.jpg (180KB, 532x783px) Image search: [Google]
1455647278776.jpg
180KB, 532x783px
signed 18x for 60 months
quick ship 25OCT with 20k
I wonder if 4chins will even be here when I'm done basic
>>
File: c5f.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
c5f.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>31555687
Sure its CTI3 or did you mean Petty Officer 3rd Class
>>
File: 10.jpg (146KB, 364x452px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
146KB, 364x452px
>>31555698
>going for worst ct
Did you just say CTN is the worst CT? Its the best you fucking idiot.
CTI barely even counts its completely different from all the other CTs and even then CTN is still better.
>>
File: 1430686296322.jpg (41KB, 558x414px) Image search: [Google]
1430686296322.jpg
41KB, 558x414px
>>31555737
>quick ship 25OCT with 20k
Yooo gimme some details im super interested in this.
What was the bonus breakdown?
Describe the process from start to finish of getting an 18x contract please.
Im interested in any details you can give.
>>
File: animal mother.jpg (57KB, 544x510px) Image search: [Google]
animal mother.jpg
57KB, 544x510px
>>31555758
10k at the completion of AIT
10k over the course of the 5 years
I scored 97 of 99 on Picat, ASVAB GT of 125 (105 is required for 18x)
start running, start doing squats, and working your core
I ran a 50 miler in September, 4 marathons and a 50k over the course of the summer. sew a canvas bag and fill it with 80 pounds of sand, put into a backpack and hike with it. I'm still certain I am going to get my ass kicked but having the mental stability to not quit is what allows you to win. If I get med dq I will bounce back to an Airborne unit and I could 4187 to RS and get my short tab, or send up a packet to go back to selection.
>>
File: 1446555648068.jpg (58KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1446555648068.jpg
58KB, 450x450px
>>31555840
Interesting, meant something els though.
Was the whole 20k due to you choosing an 18x or because of the fast ship or a combo of the 2?
Also i meant how hard was it to get the contract? Ive heard they give 18xs away like candy, that true?
I also heard they dont even make you perform an APFT to get it, basically you just gotta say you want it and its yours, that true?
Did you have to take the OPAT?
>>
>>31555737
good luck nigger.

drop a datasheet for /meg/, sometime.

become immortalized in the sticky.
>>
Trying to enlist, took the picat/asvab and got a 125gt score.

My recruiter submitted medical docs for a shoulder surgery (couldn't lie to to obvious surgery scars all over my shoulder). It's been 4 business days so far and I haven't heard anything from the recruiter.

At what point should I expect to hear back from the med read people?

Is it a good idea to bug my recruiter and ask him for updates or should I just wait till I hear something?
>>
>>31556611
>Is it a good idea to bug my recruiter
I wouldve asked him how long it should take in the first place? I wouldnt say bug him but definitely show interest, ask him when he expects to hear back and if theres anything you can do in the meantime.
>>
>>31526594
you're never going to get enlisted if you post racist symbols of hate like Pepe on the internets.
>>
>>31557102
There's tons of people in MI shitposting on the daily though
>>
File: 1473296942231.jpg (23KB, 506x437px) Image search: [Google]
1473296942231.jpg
23KB, 506x437px
Help.

After my Army recruiter wasted eight months over some minor-ass medical stuff, I got pissed and went to a Marine recruiter and resubmitted everything, without mentioning the hand fractures.

Yesterday I got an email from my Army sergeant saying they were ready to put everything through. Today I got a call from the Marine recruiter straight up asking if I want to go to MEPS next week.

I thought that when I applied to the Marines, it cancelled my Army packet. Does my Marine recruiter see everything I submitted to my Army recruiter? If I go in to get screened and they put my shit in, will they throw the book at me for 'forgetting' stuff I submitted less than a year ago?

I can't tell if this is a golden opportunity or if I'm deeply fucked.
>>
File: 1459568758919.jpg (22KB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
1459568758919.jpg
22KB, 540x270px
>>31557123

I knew giving the Mobile Infantry cell phones was a mistake.
>>
>>31550410
How do you get a 3 year contract? do you still get GI bill?
>>
>>31558313
Look man just decide, do you want to go army or marines.
IMO go army but its up to you. Shouldve never said shit about your hand in the first place though.
>>
>>31558427
>How do you get a 3 year contract?
Ask your recruiter which MOSs have 3 year contracts.

>do you still get GI bill?
To the best of my knowledge yes, but again, ask a recruiter to be sure.
>>
File: 1473108937083.jpg (267KB, 1072x616px) Image search: [Google]
1473108937083.jpg
267KB, 1072x616px
>>31558432
My gut response is just to go with whoever will get me out the door first. The interior culture of the Marines and Army don't matter all that much to me.

The risk of being a month into boot camp and getting pulled aside by the MPs and thrown in the brig, though, that gives me pause. I don't know if a temporary disqual pops up in the server somewhere down the line.
>>
>>31555840

Completion of AIT meaning you actually get selected for SF and make it all the way through?

If that's the case, that is a steal for the Army, they can promise a thousand dudes a 20k bonus and only have to pay out the few who make it.
>>
>>31558845
Dude thats how almost all bonuses work. Its payed upon completion of training not before. They entice people with bonuses like that frequently.

>>31558762
>My gut response is just to go with whoever will get me out the door first.
Thats a sure fire way to hate your life. What MOSs are you even going for?
>>
>>31559067
Yeah, but almost every AIT has a 80%+ pass rate. There's also some debate as to what constitutes "AIT" for an 18X.
>>
File: harry1.jpg (27KB, 750x742px) Image search: [Google]
harry1.jpg
27KB, 750x742px
>>31526594

Can anyone Answer this question for me?

>>31535673
>>
>>31559090
>Yeah, but almost every AIT has a 80%+ pass rate.
And thats why the majority of MOSs dont have bonuses.
>There's also some debate as to what constitutes "AIT" for an 18X.
There isnt really a debate just a mis-understanding. There really is no AIT, 18x is a special program so it doesnt follow standard rules.
>>
>>31559067
>What MOSs are you even going for

Combat engineer, either branch.
>>
>>31553046
Pls boss pls answer
>>
>>31546568
why is airborne so much better and will they give it to me if i demand it
>>
File: vd63SlV.jpg (147KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vd63SlV.jpg
147KB, 667x1000px
I'm going to BCT as an E-4.

How much can I honestly expect to leave with? I know they make you pay for uniforms and such.
>>
File: 1453869575733.jpg (148KB, 333x493px) Image search: [Google]
1453869575733.jpg
148KB, 333x493px
>>31559593
>why is airborne so much better
More training and more funding
>will they give it to me if i demand it
Yes

>>31559660
>How much can I honestly expect to leave with?
If youre smart, easily over 20,000. I left from the navy after 4 with 35,000 and it shouldve been more desu.
>>
Hey guys brazilbro here wanting to join the US Army, do you know if the mavni program is still in effect and do they still need portuguese speaking?
>>
>>31559685

>If youre smart, easily over 20,000. I left from the navy after 4 with 35,000 and it shouldve been more desu.

I.... ah.... Yeah I just meant BCT itself
>>
>>31559850
>I.... ah.... Yeah I just meant BCT itself
OHHHH you mean after only those 2 months? Just look at the pay scale for E-4. YOu will pay for unis like you said and that eats up like 1 paycheck basically. So probably like1-1.5 thousand id say. Why are you tight for cash or something?
>>
Are Gunnery and Master Sergeants usually complete assholes?
>>
>>31558313
Did you tell the marine recruiter you were switching branches? MEPS is a central place and iirc when I wanted to switch they said it was just a matter of finding your records at MEPS since I had already gone through it once.
>>
>>31560322
>Are Gunnery and Master Sergeants usually complete assholes?
>Are people usually complete assholes?
It literally is a case by case basis. Ive met cool ones and ive met lame ones.
>>
File: 50a.jpg (55KB, 600x760px) Image search: [Google]
50a.jpg
55KB, 600x760px
>tfw 6'0" and weigh 130 pounds
>recruiter asks how much i weigh
>i say 140

[spoiler]a-am i screwed? or do i need to just eat alot of food[/spoiler]
>>
>>31560355
I told him I had been going through the army, yeah.

I figured if they're letting me go to MEPS, they already entered my data and didn't find anything. Or do they not go digging until you actually show up at the station?

At this point I think I'm going to give the Army another try and just tell the Marine I'll go in November. Army is plan A, and as long as there's a shot, I'm gonna stick with it.
>>
File: USMC ranks.gif (29KB, 635x200px) Image search: [Google]
USMC ranks.gif
29KB, 635x200px
>>31560322
Anyone who is still in the enlisted corps in their 30s is prone to making impulsive bad decisions.
>>
What is the probability of being selected for OCS while active enlisted? They are trying to sell me on going enlisted then sending an officer package. I already have a degree.
>>
To qualify for Marine Basic Marksmanship training, I have to hit a target at 500yards away with an M16, right?

Do I need to do it with iron sights or will I be able to do it with an optic?
>>
>>31560686

"Just enlist and go officer later" is a meme. It doesn't really improve your chances of OCS. Better PT and grades are good for getting selected...PT you can do on your own, grades being enlisted won't really help you with. If you're disqualified from OCS for some reason (crime/drug issues, etc), enlisting won't fix that.

If you want to go OCS the only real reason to enlist would be if you didn't have a degree yet. If you don't want to enlist, then don't enlist.
>>
>>31560458
Protip: Recruiters have height and weight scales in their offices
>>
>>31559982

Nah, just curious is all. Thanks mate.
>>
So I got a temporary DQ from MEPS and ended up not picking a job, but I go back next week(Navy). Will I get a chance to look at my SF 86 and change/revise some of the things on there before it's officially "in the system"? Or is it already too late?
>>
>>31560686
What branch are you interested in?
>>
>>31546539
>I'm a fat psychotic loser with bad eyesite
nice projection gomer salt pyle
>>
I have kinda terrible knees. I can do squats, I can run no problem, they're just always in pain it seems.

Should I join the Navy?
>>
>>31560934

My problem is that i went to meps and got quasi disqualified over urine test(glucose) and bombed my asvab(10 points below what i needed). I was supposed to get the medical and asvab retest like i was told several times, but instead i got dicked around for several months and all of a sudden they dont want to work with me anymore and are trying to sell me the enlisted to officer route. They say, "They like to promote within" "You already have your degree, you go in as a pfc and all you have to do is re-test, reach lance corporal and apply" "almost 100% chance of getting selected" etc.

I am being put in a stupid position because the officer recruiter dumped me on the the local enlistment recruiter and wants me to submit my paper work that way. If my medical gets cleared and asvab gets raised then the officer recruiter will work with me again. But the only way the enlistment recruiter will work with me is if i am willing to go enlisted if i dont raise my asvab. I am not really willing to do that because i want to use my degree, and they are making it sound like its impossible for me to raise my asvab now, but i will magically be able to do it later as enlisted. Ive seen several other people get their medical worked out and retake the asvab, but i guess i am different. I have a clean record also.

>>31561215
Marines, but based on how i was treated i may try Navy. Sucks because i really wanted to be a Marine /
>>
Any tips for RASP?
>>
File: 1431195754619.jpg (50KB, 425x375px) Image search: [Google]
1431195754619.jpg
50KB, 425x375px
>>31561683
What degree do you have? GPA?
How good would you do on a standardized test along the GRE level
If you can't pass the ASVAB though it makes me doubt your ability to pass the ASTB which is much harder
For Marines how well do you think you'd do on the PFT, competitive is maxing it out
>>
>tfw went to MEPS
>tfw have to go back again
fuuuuuuck
>>
>>31562369
I went twice in one week. Had to get an actual eye exam the second time around. Shit sucks
>>
>>31562791
yeah, i need to get my ears cleaned. its so annoying cause i dont live that close and i have to miss more work
>>
>>31532861
Just join the guard if you want to be infantry but are worried about too much peace.
>>
>>31526594
>tfw all these MEPS appointments are taking forever
our next president might have us in a war before I even ship to boot camp
>inb4 obummer fucks shit up b4 he leaves
>>
>>31562369
try getting a surprise call at 7 in the morning from a SSgt wondering why the fuck you aren't at MEPS, when the recruiter never even got the consult date
shit sucks, and I could have been done with everything 2 weeks sooner if I hadn't been for the damn bureucracy
>>
File: 1470551646673.png (230KB, 455x443px) Image search: [Google]
1470551646673.png
230KB, 455x443px
>>31542761
>this post

I choked on a mouthful of sunflower seeds
>>
>>31537472
>nervous
nigga, at most someone will talk sternly to you
your joining the fucking military
just listen to your recruiter
>>
>>31537751
>>31538326
Isn't enlisted intelligence basically making powerpoints?
the only good thing I heard is that a TS clearance is extremely valuable in the civilian world
>>
>>31526594
How fit should I be before going to Air Force basic training.
My old recruiter told me i'd just have to be able to run 30 minutes at my own pace, which seems TOO reasonable
>>
>>31563768
i already went. and now i have to go back lmao
>>
>>31563953
oh, i'm in the same boat
nervous as fuck
the second time doesn't get better, at most you'll be waiting around in the USO room with a bunch of 18 year olds or bored out of your mind
what you going for? signing a contract or a consult?
>>
>>31564007
consult. im the guy from above who has to get his ears cleaned.
you?
>>
>>31561683
You have a degree and can't hit 110 GT on the ASVAB?

How is that even possible? What kind of garbage school did you go to?
>>
>>31564029
I have to go get some nerve test
What sucks is the last time I went I got the wrong test done, I got an x-ray
The doctor wasn't happy
>>
>>31564068
why do you need a nerve test?
>>
>>31564085
I had some slight weakness in my foot 6-7 years ago
>>
Anyone here ever serve in the same unit as a family member?
>inb4 Sullivan act fuddlore
>>
>>31564136
Two family friends of mine that are brothers are both stationed at fort Riley. But one of them lil niggas got sent to Korea yesterday.
>>
>>31564058
Why is taking a test once treated as if that is the only score someone can get?
>>
>>31564149
>Ft.Riley
MOS?
>>
anyone know what its like to own a gun while living on base? would i be allowed to take it to a range?
>>
Any way to "quit" the Guard?
Normally with active army if you dont pass 2 record PT tests they give you a chapter 13.
But not so in the guard. I just dont feel like being in it anymore.
I'd rather not attend drill every month and just be a comfy civilian again.
Btw passed basic and ait so as you guys dont think im one of those RSP faggots.
Year and 8 months left both why bother anymore.
>>
What sort of MOS would feed into a unit like ISA?
>>
>>31555748
Why is CTN better, it sucks, bunch of gay nerd shit
>>
File: 1475613086152.png (698KB, 841x681px) Image search: [Google]
1475613086152.png
698KB, 841x681px
>>31561678
>Should I join the Navy?
Yes

>>31561694
>Any tips for RASP?
Cmon man you already know, be strong, be fast, dont quit.

>>31563783
>Isn't enlisted intelligence basically making powerpoints?
Um no. Only specific rates/MOSs are like that cause itnel is a large umbrella term.
In the Navy ISs make powerpoints and i dont know the army version.

>>31565087
>Why is CTN better
Excellent job outlook, fast as fuck advancement. Bonuses. Civilian/DOD opportunities. Can work on certificates and getting a degree simultaneously easily.
>it sucks, bunch of gay nerd shit
Thats called an opinion, heres another, you're a gay nerd and you like so lick your fat mommas asshole.
>>
>going to IET at singleton in winter

fuck me lads
>>
kind of wanna join the navy as an HM, and eventually go to medical school
is there any reason not to
>>
File: bendover.jpg (25KB, 425x213px) Image search: [Google]
bendover.jpg
25KB, 425x213px
>>31565372
have a living will and tattoo "DNR" on your forehead.

Say "hi" to Shelob for me.
>>
>>31563873
It's Air Force, they don't need PT studs
>>
>>31565583
But I want to be the studiest stud who ever studded.
Also don't want to get stuck with the fat kids
>>
>>31564313
It depends on the base if there are any ranges available. If you live in the barracks you must store personal firearms in the armory, or if you trust someone enough who is married/doesn't live in the barracks, you can leave it in their house.
>>
>>31565512
Do you already have a degree? Are you enlisting for the GI Bill? There are programs where the Navy will pay for your medical school in exchange for service as a doctor in the Navy. If you're interested in both serving and being a doctor that is an option.
>>
I've hit my wall at 20 push ups, how do break through it?
>>
>>31567023
Just do more push ups.Unless you physically collapse, I guarantee you have not hit a wall, and are just being a bitch. Look up the 40% rule, you've got a ways to go before you can safely say you put in effort
>>
>>31565810
I am interested in both of those
don't have a degree though
>>
>>31564196
You can retake the ASVAB every 6 months.

Aside from people with really low scores, though, I don't think that there will be much change. It's an insanely easy test.
>>
>>31567023
>20 push ups
>hit the wall
either your seriously injured or obese
otherwise do more pushups
wait
no
yes you have hit the wall and cannot physically do any more pushups (some people just have bad genes) so i highly recommend not joining any armed forces
>>
>>31567370
What if I'm really skinny, gaining weight isn't turning out to be easy
>>
>>31567682
r u me?
>>
File: 1475525954797.jpg (110KB, 1000x847px) Image search: [Google]
1475525954797.jpg
110KB, 1000x847px
>>31565715
Then go PJ or CCT or join the army with 18x or navy with SEAL.

>>31567682
>>31567713
Its easy if you actually try. Look up bulking shake recipes. Also eat lots of peanut butter. Skelly problems arent real problems.
>>
>>31567682
Not the guy you were responding to. But, gaining weight isn't easy or hard. It's a numbers games, calories in > calories out and you will gain weight. It's that fucking simple. Go read the sticky on /fit/ and read the one on /r/fitness for good measure.
>>
>>31567682
eat more than you put out
youll gain weight
eat more and exercise
youll gain muscle

i used to be skinny aswell
and dont just do some pushups and call it the exercise for the day

something really simple and generic is a ladder circuit which can be done almost anywhere or on a football field
around 5-7 exercises (squats, pushups, burpess, sit ups, lunges, mountain climbers etc)
spread each exercise 20 or so meters apart or use the lines on the football field
run to first exercise do 20 reps
continue along until youve done them all then run back and do 18 and progressively drop it by 2 until you get to 0
and you can vary it in a lot of ways such as lung walking back to the start or sprinting the long sides of the field and jogging the shorts until you do a lap and come back to the start or adding weighted exercises and shit

also go gym to get some msucle strength aswell so your not a skinny cunt that dies when someone puts a 30kg pack on you or cant lift a tank roadwheel off the ground

bit of running in the morning aswell so you got some cardio and bang your good to fucken go

ofcourse you dont need to start everything at once, just try the ladder exercise and do it until your properly fucked and struggling and can barely do the 2 pushups at the end
>>
>>31567804
No weight problem is a real problem

Unless you got a thyroid disease or some shit.
>>
Getting an EMG tommorow, how fucked am I?
>>
>>31532728
>Anyone in defense analysis here? Trying to write a paper independently (to recommend defense improvements) but have no idea how to start. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>31532842
>implying it isn't the most /k/ answer ever
>>
>>31527167
(You)
>>
>>31567023
Git gud, noodle arms
>>
File: image.jpg (641KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
641KB, 1200x1600px
Finishing college soon. Should I start my career as an English teacher or do a bout in the military? The challenge tempts me.
>>
File: me and my wife's son.jpg (122KB, 747x1024px) Image search: [Google]
me and my wife's son.jpg
122KB, 747x1024px
Why do so many enlisted and former enlisted have stepkids?

Why aren't stepkids common in the officer corps?
>>
>>31570188

Being enlisted has a way of making you think you're wayn way duly before you are. So you think you're ready to get married and have kids until the reality sets in. Officers are a little older when they come in and I think it helps a lot.
>>
would herniated disc in my back prevent me from going airborne infantry? I heard stories that most airborne guys have fucked up backs anyway.
>>
File: 1475538470970.jpg (36KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
1475538470970.jpg
36KB, 800x420px
>>31570118
>Should I start my career as an English teacher
Why dont you just kill yourself and save a whole bunch of time?

>>31570222
Thats not why

>>31570188
>Why do so many enlisted and former enlisted have stepkids?
They dont

There are way more enlisted than there are officers so it just seems that way.

>>31570237
If heard stories of sailors fucking mermaids. Just go to a recruiter and either ask or just keep your mouth shut and hope for the best.
>>
>>31570311
are you a recruiter, that's exxactly what he told me. I have fucked a girl from the navy, im happy i didnt catch herpes. Mermaid she was not.
>>
File: 1475536021918.jpg (6KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
1475536021918.jpg
6KB, 250x164px
>>31570352
>are you a recruiter, that's exxactly what he told me.
No i was just in the Navy and thats a common ass corny thing to say thats all.

>I have fucked a girl from the navy
Im guessing she was dawg ugly
The entire 4 years i was in I can honestly say i only saw 1 legitimately great looking enlisted girl who had a future ahead of her.
With that being said I only saw 1 great looking officer as well though.
>>
>>31570397
she was definitely on the bigger side, great fat ass though. She was the catapult mechanic. got to e5.
>>
>>31570483
What race are you, friend?
>>
>>31570492
Samoan
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>>31570492
whitest kid you know
>>
File: 1475429449731.jpg (68KB, 605x558px) Image search: [Google]
1475429449731.jpg
68KB, 605x558px
>>31570483
This >>31570492 wasnt me

>>31570483
>>31570501
How did you meet/know her? Were you in?
>great fat ass though. She was the catapult mechanic
Bro shes ben ran through probably 1000 times underway so i hope you arent attached.
>>
File: image.jpg (235KB, 1024x780px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235KB, 1024x780px
Apachebro here, what's good fellas.
>>
I heard that guys in armor don't have to be as fit as infantry, is that true? I want to start planning some goals before I start working out. [spoilder]i really fucked up getting to 350 pounds at only 5 11
>>
>>31570661
met her through a friend. I wasn't it in myself. im as attached to her as truth to hilary. more like a hit it then quit thing that happened few times.
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 772x817px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 772x817px
>>31570845
>5'11
>350
Bruh
>>
>>31570845
You don't need to be armor, you're already a tank.
>>
>>31570875
Yeah, the only good thing I can say is that I thankfully don't look like a beached whale, more just like amourphus blog around the center.
>>
File: 20GoodMen.jpg (504KB, 960x935px) Image search: [Google]
20GoodMen.jpg
504KB, 960x935px
>>31570862
>im as attached to her as truth to hilary
Although thats true thats a reddit tier joke friend.

>>31570845
Jesus thats gonna take 1-2 years.
>>
>>31535673
Just be honest, you'll probably be fine if that's all. As long as the therapy wasn't court-ordered or something.
>>
File: 1447290786247.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447290786247.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>31535673
NOOO
>>31571076
East shit he absolutely should lie they will never fucking know.
>>
>>31571076
bro lie about everything. don't tell them shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (655KB, 800x1005px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
655KB, 800x1005px
>>31570311
>Why dont you just kill yourself and save a whole bunch of time?

ok rude
>>
>>31571035
yeeeee boiii, reddit joke at its finest. not that much proud of it ;(
>>
File: 1446534562710.jpg (55KB, 1000x547px) Image search: [Google]
1446534562710.jpg
55KB, 1000x547px
>>31571232
>ok rude
What the fuck in all the world made you think becoming an English teacher was a good thing???
Redeem yourself and do literally anything else besides that. Yes military is an option just choose a good job this time you nerd.
>>
File: image.png (391KB, 424x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
391KB, 424x397px
>>31571280
>nerd
Didn't know they allow grade schoolers in the military.
>>
>>31529124
60/120s will help you tremendously.
>>
File: image.png (94KB, 220x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
94KB, 220x255px
>>31571280
Did you get raped by an English teacher, anon?
>>
>>31571280
The world needs teachers, asshole.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 346x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 346x466px
>>31571280
>in the military (maybe)
>complains that teachers brainwash kids
That's fucking funny
>>
>>31570118
just be a good teacher if you're going to be one
please
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 918x871px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 918x871px
>>31571895
That's the plan
>>
>>31571976
>tfw want to be a history teacher
I want to be like my high school history teacher
Show a lot of movies relevant to the time period we are learning about and basically make the kids read.
That teacher is one of the most loved teachers at the school simply because his class was easy, you actually learned, and he respected the kids
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 580x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 580x300px
>>31572078
That's all it has to be. Not necessarily easy, but fun and engaging enough that some kids will give a shit.
>>
>>31572120
Yeah. All his classes were were you just reading a chapter from the book, doing the 4 questions at the end, doing a worksheet which was really a summary of what you just read and 2 questions on the back, then doing an open notes quiz on the chapter you literally just read.
Once in a blue moon he would give a lecture instead. He was a pretty big Russell Crowe fan, we watched gladiator and cinderella man in his class
>>
File: image.png (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
96KB, 480x480px
>>31572227
Sounds like a cool guy
>>
>tfw need to stop smoking cigarettes and start running asap
>>
What are some good 4 year rates in the Navy that don't require TS?
I scored a 99 on the asvab but it doesn't mean Jack shit since they won't let me get any TS Intel jobs since one of my parents is a green card holder

With that said I'd like to pick a 4 year job and try sta21

I'm already in dep as am aecf and ship out may so there should be plenty of time for a dar.
>>
Any SARCs here? I'm currently working with an Army recruiter to go for 18X but they're dicking me around so I'm drawn towards SARC too.

Anyone around I can ping a few questions off of?
>>
>>31572825
>I'm already in dep as am aecf and ship out may so there should be plenty of time for a dar.
I know that if you stick with aecf that some fcs get put in charge of a bunch of gunners mates and other fcs. They wont let you change unless you want to go nuke or special forces, so you are most likely stuck with aecf
>>
File: 1446007210710.png (567KB, 1000x547px) Image search: [Google]
1446007210710.png
567KB, 1000x547px
>>31571305
Thats like 99% of us

>>31571513
If only mine had big tits

>>31571546
Im not saying it doesnt just that they make 30k a year and its a horrible thankless job
>asshole
Why is it so reddit in here?

>>31571581
>complains that teachers brainwash kids
I literally never said that at all. its a shitty job for the reasons i said above. Plus i hate english.

>>31572078
>I want to be like my high school history teacher
Mine would put on either saving private ryan or king kong and go to sleep at his desk about 2-3 days a week. Not even lying. Best part is hed never start where we left off. We fucking watched that beach scene about 50 times that year.

>>31572825
First off AECF is good. FC and ET are both good rates.
Otherwise
>OS (its 5 though im pretty sure but worth it)
>GM
>IT
>Aircrew
>HM

>>31572914
>but they're dicking me around
How exactly? Ive heard that they give 18xs out like candy.
>>
>>31573443
Who the fuck are you nigga
>>
File: image.jpg (434KB, 900x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
434KB, 900x666px
>>31573443
>Plus i hate english.
You don't say.
>>
How much will ADHD affect my enlistment? I haven't taken meds for it since I was 11 if that would make it "more clear".
>>
File: 1446007130861.png (533KB, 1000x547px) Image search: [Google]
1446007130861.png
533KB, 1000x547px
>>31573505
>Who the fuck are you nigga
Isnt it obvious

>>31573522
>You don't say
Yep, got a 650 on my SAT though. Not saying thats high but me not liking it doesnt mean im an idiot.

>>31573563
Listen to me you fucking idiot, DONT SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!
If you dont tell them they will never know.
>>
>>31573522
>forgot the name of the original painting this is based on
>google "painting of slavs sending a letter"
>first result is the right one
Thank you based google.
>>
File: 1429989744892.jpg (149KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1429989744892.jpg
149KB, 400x800px
>>31573505
Porbably OS2 or I should say Petty Officer Second Class
>>
File: 1449455775365.png (375KB, 543x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449455775365.png
375KB, 543x400px
>>31573614
>Porbably OS2
Flattered

>or I should say Petty Officer Second Class
cringe

>>31573610
>Thank you based google
Bait?
>>
>>31573718
>os2 and 48fag still shit these threads up
Fuck off you seamen
>>
>>31573742
>os2 and 48fag still shit these threads up
Please explain how im shitting it up? All of my advice is solid and ive never lied here. Why are you so bitter? You fat? Ugly? Fat and Ugly?
>>
File: 1473496896120.jpg (103KB, 960x657px) Image search: [Google]
1473496896120.jpg
103KB, 960x657px
I have aspirations of becoming an 1811.

I'm 23 with a Bachelor's in Forensic Psychology.

I was told that I failed a poly for the border patrol, withdrew, and received a call saying that I passed, but they couldn't process me since I withdrew (really fucked myself over).

I made it past the resume portion for the USSS but i still haven't received a POST testing date.

Basically, I don't want to sit around and jerk off to anime. I want to make my resume look more appealing.

I'm considering joining the Navy reserves. I'm hoping for an intelligence position. I took some practice ASVAB and scored an 84, which I thought was trash. The guys in that office were really impressed, apparently because the average score is 11-30.

Anyway, would joining Navy reserves be a good move for me? I'm sure you get tons of posts like this, so I apologize.
>>
>>31527182
Dunno about army or navy, but in the marine corps you're constantly screaming at the top of your lungs.
Air Force they don't care how loud you sound off. Their basic training is a joke.
>>
>>31573995
>BS in psychology and only scored an 84
I got a 96 AFQT after dropping out freshman year and went warrant. What shit school did you go to?
>>
>>31573995
>1811
wtf is that

>Navy reserves
Why not just go active?

>the average score is 11-30
wrong

>intelligence position
Yes

>USSS
Secret Service?

If you want to do USSS i doubt you can be in the military simultaneously.
>>
>>31574235
practice test?

i aced vocab and paragraph comprehension. scored lower on math.

i also tested with navy. dk if that makes a difference.
>>
>>31573995
That's IW right? Just apply to the next board. It takes a while to get a packet ready, dunno whether reservists have to take the ASTB but I'd bet they do. You don't need the ASVAB for Navy Officer designators
>>
I'm completing my BA in May (Hindi/Urdu major) and I'm considering joining the Air Guard because sweet bennies. Not interested in a full time enlistment because I'm going into the family business, but it seems like a good way to spend extra time and get help paying my massive debt.

Anyways, I've spoken to a few recruiters and I think I'm getting the runaround because they keep telling me to "enlist and then apply as an officer" but it seems insane to potentially get stuck with an E3 when I have a degree plus only getting 1/2 the money for all that training time. Are they feeding me a load of shit or can I actually not apply as an officer without being enlisted?
>>
>>31552229
>allergies
Hol up, what kind of allergies? Just drug ones or do they go into food as well?
>>
>>31574271
ASVAB is the armed services vocational aptitude battery. Armed services meaning all of the services. It's the same test for every branch.
>>
File: 1474671240892.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1474671240892.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>talk to naval officer recruiter
>accidently let slip past adhd
>oh shit
>He asks if I'm still affected
>say no, haven't been on meds or anything
>says it's alright and can continue
Dodged a fucking bullet. I fucked up massively, but the recruiter was a bro. Fortunately, this wasn't MEPS, so I can lie as soon as that comes up.

Don't answer questions on autopilot, guys. A different recruiter would have rekt my chances of joining up.
>>
>>31575085
>implying the recruiter cares
>>
>>31575097
Still, I should have lied.
>>
>>31575085
How does the medical screening process work for officers anyway?
>>
File: 1474648399705.jpg (103KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474648399705.jpg
103KB, 400x400px
>>31575447
I'm going for naval aviator, so it includes questions about eyes. If you've had lasik, they'll first make sure you had the right kind (wave front guided), then tell you to come back 6 months after the op for a waiver.

My advice to anyone thinking about going aviator is get lasik now. Just fucking do it. NOW! SCHEDULE THAT CONSULT RIGHT NOW OR YOU'LL REGRET IT!
>>
I want to be a pilot how fit do I have to be?
>>
Why so much FFL hate here? A bunch of you keep saying there under trained, I thought the training was supposed to be very intense and by the end of it your light infantry skills are on par with a ranger
>>
>>31575541
I meant more the general process, is it more in depth than MEPS?
>>
>>31575718
It's the same process the enlisted do
But you won't swear in at MEPS
You swear in at the recruiter's place once you get accepted
>>
>>31571357
how many sets?
>>
>>31575564
Reasonably fit. You'll do more PT in flight school than in any basic.

Source: I'm a pilot.
>>
>>31575634
>falling for memes
No one in on par with rangers but rangers. Disregard all the other bullshit you've bought into.
>>
>>31575901
Any tips on what they'll be looking for in a pilot?
>>
>>31575925
Navy or air force?
>>
File: Alison_B-17.jpg (216KB, 1800x1209px) Image search: [Google]
Alison_B-17.jpg
216KB, 1800x1209px
How much of a chad do you have to be to Join RAN, RAAF and Army?
>>
So when I went to MEPS, they had me lift at the end to see how much I can lift. They had me do 100lbs, but I told the guy punching in the information 90. How fucked am I?
>>
>>31577680
Why?
>>31568729
Psych! Just another x-ray
>>
>>31577857
I don't know. I was tired & hungry.
>>
I'm 24 and want to join the air force /k/ problem is my eyesites is 20/70 corrected. Can I do it?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.