[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with trophy hunting? I understand pest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

What's the deal with trophy hunting?

I understand pest control and hunting for food but this seems a little silly

(yeah I know it actually helps the population and gives funds to nignogs and all that)
>>
Some people like it, some people think it's immoral. This belongs in >>>/out/
>>
>>31484508
You just explained it yourself
>>
Presumably if it's the legal stuff, then they pick males that are done reproducing, and contribute nothing to the viability of the rest of the population.

>/r9k/ trophy hunting when
>>
>>31484508
unless that pictures older that Rhino is probably still alive, the hunt them with darts and a vet goes along to make sure the animal is still alive

They go under long enough to get a picture like that and then the animal wakes up wondering what the fuck just happened
>>
the animal was slated to die for a reason.

you may as well make money off it by letting whitey shoot it.
>>
Leftover romanticism from the days when you could just book a steam ship to Africa and shoot whatever took your fancy (as long as you don't mind the small but nontrivial risk that you'd be eaten by a lion or trampled or something). Staged adventure tourism.

It's only as silly as driving a sports car, buying a speedboat, buying new fancy designer clothes every week, etc. Status signalling, visible consumption, etc.
>>
>>31484508

I grew up in central MA, parents were completely anti-gun. Had no exposure to it.

Moved west for work, new best friend was from WY. Introduced to hunting and shooting.

Went from "I can see having a rifle or shotgun but pistols are only for killing people" to "god damn handguns are fun" to "self defense is a human right and an unarmed person is a serf"

I never understood trophies until I went hunting.

Hunting is participation in nature, nature is continuous screaming murder.

If you have the trophy, you relive the experience of the hunt whenever you look at it. The sights and smells, the whole experience is yours to reflect on at will.

I wouldn't necessarily pay a bunch of money to go shoot something exotic, but I'd sure as fuck like to have some nice mounts on my wall.
>>
>>31484508
To make room for younger males to move up in the world. And old male might kill off his mating competition then go die right after, leaving less breedable males.

I'm sure it could be explained better but go fuck yourself.
>>
It's so impotent """"men"""" can feel a little less weak and powerless in their life without needing to genuinely put themselves at risk or kill another human being.
>>
>>31484508
>yeah I know it actually helps the population and gives funds to nignogs and all that
Then what the fuck are you asking?
>>
>>31487119
What you're describing is poaching in first world countries. And that is punishable by the law, and juries that will never fail to convict anyone for such an offense.
>>
>>31487119
>implying killing anything that counts on the big 5 is safe
i wish bait post banning was actually enforced.
>>
>>31487138
Ah yes, using my giant gun to kill an animal while my friends make sure to be on hand to help if it doesn't die, so dangerous :^)
>>
>>31484508
its one of those things that people on the internet feel the need to act outraged about to virtue signal. in reality theres literally nothing wrong with trophy hunting and it often has a net positive effect on the population..
>>
>>31484508

You literally answered your own question.

A few rich men want a thrill, they think hunting a truly dangerous game will give them that thrill. The local human population gets money for conservation and the local animal population gets rid of an old, aggressive, not fertile male killing off fertile young males, females, young animals, everything.

It's a win, win, win. There is literally no downside at all.
>>
>>31487029
Damn, I live out in CA and in SF of all places. I really want to go hunting and learn how to field dress and all the outdoor stuff.
I think I've grown out of this state and ready to move on.
But none of my friends really have any hunting experience and no one is hunting so I can't tag along and observe and learn.
Not gonna pay for a guided hunt either, because I'm sure that shit is $$$ in california.
>>
>>31487160
>i have no idea what i'm talking about
>the post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24cpXqYOOW8
>>
File: robert ruark.jpg (14KB, 290x253px) Image search: [Google]
robert ruark.jpg
14KB, 290x253px
>>31487195
Confirmed for never having killed his own meat. It's not a 'thrill.' It's a bit more involved than that. If I had the money, I'd be over there in a heartbeat.
>>
>>31487216
Wow so scurry, look at that dead bullet hole filled lion

>>31487218
Was mommy too busy whoring herself out to give you attention? Is that why you desperately seek attention by using a trip when it's not appropriate?
>>
>>31484508
>give money to nigger
>shoot animal in niggers park
>nigger can keep his park in service
>more animals in niggers park
>less poachers
>less animal extinction
it's pretty easy
there is also a thread about this on >>>/an/
>>
>>31487213
I guide bird hunts in Texas. It's not that expensive, but some guides are dicks and tell you they feed their family off tips because operation costs are so high.
They aren't.
>>
File: 1474476319048.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
1474476319048.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>31487228
>guy almost dies
>s-so scurry
daily reminder Australian IPs should be banned outright.
>>
>>31487228
massive animals with teeth and claws that could easily separate your limbs from your torso are actually pretty scary when theyre charging you. not that anyone would expect a NEET who never leaves his moms basement to understand.
>>
>>31487257

Depopulating a species and taking an animals life just so your little dick can get hard is also pretty scary. A real man goes to a racetrack or a dropzone or steps inside the ring if he wants to feel alive.
>>
>>31484568
So it's like date rape, African boogaloo.
>>
>>31487119
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>31484568
Imagine passing out then realizing some fuckers sedated you to take pics.

I would be fucking creeped out
>>
>>31484543
Kek
>>
>>31484508
While trophy hunting can be seen as the enjoyment of killing for its own sake its more than that.
Youre involved with that animal for weeks, scouting, spotting and stalking.
All that effort for one shot, then you take care of that animal from field to freezer.
Like one anon said, its status to have a big buck or bull on your wall. It's a conversation peice, a time machine.
>>
>>31487481
But thats like, your opinion man.
>>
>>31487481
>anon gets his way
>trophy hunting is banned
>all the ranchers in Africa lose oppurtunity to make money off their animals (photo-safaris aren't as profitable as just raising cattle, you also have to compete with the one or two large wildlife reserves)
>they get rid of them
>population of wildlife and game animals drops dramatically (see: Kenya)
>now instead of having rich white people legally hunting rhinos so that money can be used to preserve the species, you have even more niggers killing rhinos to sell their horns to the Chinese as a cancer cure.
>same with with elephants
>and all antelope
>no money from trophy fees, less funding to anti-poaching and wildlife conservation
>population drops dramatically
>at least anon fees like a man though

Shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>31484508
>What's the deal with trophy hunting?
People pay tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars to take some old animal who's a nuissance to the younger ones, especially with black rhinos. They're sterile, but super aggressive and will rape every female they meet to death.
That money ensures that there's many thousands of protected acres set aside for wildlife. It's a very slight evil compared to the benefits of all these creatures going extinct.
>>
Bump for interest in hunting
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.