[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airsoft for HD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: walther-ppq-m2-620x330.jpg (80KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
walther-ppq-m2-620x330.jpg
80KB, 620x330px
What is the official /k/ opinion about using an airsoft handgun for home defense?
I'm only thinking about handguns, because I live in the EU, and an AK or any AR variant would be a huge giveaway.
My opinion is that a fake gun is goot until it can scare away the burglar, but if the things turn violent, a hatchet would be waaay more useful.
Pic related is my airsoft handgun.
>>
File: 1468559307378.jpg (294KB, 719x717px) Image search: [Google]
1468559307378.jpg
294KB, 719x717px
>>31090562
>How To Get Shot 101
>How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bullets In My Face
>Ned's Declassified Robbery Zero Survival Guide

What the fuck would make this a good idea in your head?
>>
>>31090603
I mean like if the burglar realises that you have a handgun-looking-thing, hopefully he will rather just run away.
>>
>>31090619
Would you rather have a 80 dollar plastic launcher, or a 20 dollar bat, or knife
>>
>>31090562

Just download a sound of shotgun racking to your phone

The sound is enough to scare any burglar away
>>
>>31090640
yup, I see your point, i've just been curious. I would always choose somathing that can deal some actual damage, but always thought that this is an interesting idea. And btw i already have the 80 dollar plastic launcher because of the sport, so it's not a problem anymore.
>>
>>31090650
nah, i don't hink so. If someone is drunk af, i think you would need at least a fake gun or a bat to prove that he doesn't belong where he is.
>>
>>31090655
In order for it to work, you would have to absolutely definitively know that they arent armed, or else pulling a gun would cause them to charge your ass with whatever they had.
>>
>>31090671
Totally agree. Although, as i said, we have strict gun laws, so just like me, he couldn't have a gun on him. And i highly doubt that (without knowing that i only have a fake gun in my hands) he would charge me with anything. Of course, if he would have a hatchet, golf club, baseball bat, or anithing like that, i've lost it anyway.
>>
>>31090688
Maybe the best course of action is to own the strangest bladed weapon, and use that for home defense. Even if he has his knife in his hand, you charge him down and get him while he is too confused

I recommend dual katars
>>
File: 1468584202303.jpg (16KB, 180x192px) Image search: [Google]
1468584202303.jpg
16KB, 180x192px
>>31090710
Not a bad idea. But if it comes to sharp things, i prefer my hatchet. Although it's not as confusing as your recommendation.
>>
>>31090562
>>31090619
If you want to scare away a burglar, then get a blank firing pistol.
Anyway, you live in the EU, what country ?
In most countries you can still get actual weapons with proper paperwork
>>
>>31090562
>My opinion is that a fake gun is goot until it can scare away the burglar

Trying to scare people away with a real gun is a bad idea, escalating things by pulling a fake weapon is a worse idea.
>>
>>31090854
>Trying to scare people away with a real gun is a bad idea
Please explain why? Every old guy used to guns here(Europe) say that pulling a gun out (not pointing it) is a 100% effective way to "desescalate" a situation
>>
>buy airshit nugget
>attach actual nugget bayonet
>have home defense spear

Your house will be as secure as Stalingrad, anon.
>>
File: A professor for ants.jpg (3KB, 124x92px) Image search: [Google]
A professor for ants.jpg
3KB, 124x92px
>>31090879
>Every old guy used to guns here(Europe) say that pulling a gun out (not pointing it) is a 100% effective way to "desescalate" a situation
>MFW

Introducing a weapon into any situation is necessarily an escalation of that situation and you cannot expect people to respond reasonably in that moment. If you're bringing out a weapon then you need to be ready, willing, & able to use it, and if it's not actually a weapon then being able to use it is entirely out of the question. Scaring people off with the hatchet would be better than using the airsoft gun because you can at least use the hatchet.

All that said, you don't want an encounter with a home invader in the first place and the safest course of action is to wait in your room for the cops to arrive and defend yourself if the invader tries to come into your room. If you decide you want to get your nuts up and step in the paint as soon as you hear a bump on the night then the swift application of a bat to the ribs is the best way to announce yourself.
>>
And when the Intruder realises the weapon you have isn't real?
>>
>>31090994
>Introducing a weapon into any situation is necessarily an escalation of that situation and you cannot expect people to respond reasonably

Most troublemakers tend to gtfo if you pull out a weapon. My uncle used his blank firing pistol to successfully scare away young gentlemen of brown complexions out from his store a few times.
>>
>>31090688
>we have strict gun laws, so just like me, he couldn't have a gun on him

Because home intruders follow the law, right?
>>
>>31090562

>AK or AR variant would be a huge giveaway

Dude, if your whole strategy is to scare your home invader into retreat, you definitely want an easily recognizable and decently large firearm, especially if it's fake.
Get a metal AK toy and throw it around the yard a bit, wear on all the parts that would have wear, weather it. Maybe you could some how get one or mill one to fit a real AK bayonet on it so it wouldn't be completely useless.

Having toy guns in situations that call for real guns typically doesn't work out well, though. IDK how it is in Yurrop.
>>
>>31091081
Anyway OP is full of shit. If you have the will you can get guns legally in almost every european country and use them to defend your home (except during the day, you have to proove the invader was an actual threat to your safety before shooting him)
>>
>>31090688
>we have strict gun laws so he couldn't have a gun
This is a false flag post, everyone OUT
>>
>>31090562
>be 14
>sister is having friends over to drink
>2 friends of a friend show up
>nig, and nog
>it's fine for a while until nig and nog won't leave
>I get an idea that they probably wouldn't like being pelted repeatedly by plastic BBs
>get out air soft uzi I had
>plastic, complete with orange tip
>when they see it, they immediately shit bricks and run off
>watch them run down the street still running
>>
>>31091067
>Most troublemakers tend to gtfo if you pull out a weapon.
>Anecdotal evidence involving a few guys
>Those guys were probably shoplifting and not invading homes
>>
>>31091112
You can thank the various school shootings for that, most negroids are now afraid from crazy young crackas with guns
>>
>>31091128
>Those guys were probably shoplifting and not invading homes

Except if they come in your house with the sole intent of murdering you in your sleep, most home-invaders tend to gtfo when they realize the owner is awake, even more if you come out firing blanks at them

[spoiler]of course firing real bullets at them is always better[/spoiler]
>>
It's all about presentation. If you rush a dude screaming GET ON THE GROUND GET ON THE GROUND pointing a remote control at him he probably wouldn't even notice what was in your hand.
>>
File: The flag of proofdelphia.png (5KB, 276x270px) Image search: [Google]
The flag of proofdelphia.png
5KB, 276x270px
>>31091143
>>
>>31090562
No, it escalates a situation to the desperation and danger of having a gun in a fight and you don't actually have a gun in the fight. You're taking a huge gamble that the burglar will be scared and run away instead of doing something like returning fire or going for a knife. Get a bat or some rebar or better yet reinforce your doors, locks and windows.
>>
>>31090562
I'd trust my life with a bar of soap in a tube sock before an airsoft gun
>>
>>31091161
>asking for proofs for a well known fact
"hey I'm here to steal a TV but now that the owners are awake I might just murder and rape everybody before the police get here"

Enjoy your fantasies where your house turns into Stalingrad during each home invasion, burger
>>
>>31091229
>well known fact

If it's so well known then prove it faggot. Don't make statements about what most people tend to do unless you can back them up. You're ostensibly from the first world, act like it.

>Enjoy your fantasies where your house turns into Stalingrad during each home invasion, burger

What are you smoking you jingoistic moron?
>>
>>31091248
>Can't use google
>Calls other jingoistic morons

Anyway, as you said, yes I'm from a first world country, western Europe, still 95%+ white despite all the memes spouted. Hot home-invasions gone bad are extremely rare here, rare enough that each case makes the headlines of major national newspapers
>>
>>31091340
>Can't back up his point
>Has to resort to insults and asspulls

You took the time to reply to me, you wanted this convo. Don't get all pissy when I ask you to take the time to back up what you're saying. You're acting like a child right now and it's all because I didn't immediately accept something I read on 4chan as fact.

To many people in the US it's a "well known fact" that the NRA is the most powerful lobbying group in the US when it is in fact not the most powerful lobbying group in the US.

And yes Anon, you are the jingoistic moron. I'm not the one throwing nationality around as an insult, that was you. I'm not the one taking my opponent's arguments to ridiculous extremes, that was you. What's more I'm fairly certain you didn't even Google the word before you tried to throw it back at me.
>>
>>31090825
OP here, living in hungary.
>>31091083
As i said we have those strict gun laws. As far as i know you need to pass a professional hunter/gun owner exam to even have a .22 bolt action, with plenty of paperwork. My point was that you need to go trough all this to even have a .22, and if a burglar sees an AK in your hands, it's way too abvious that it's not real.

Btw, you can buy blank firing pistols here, and if i would live in a dangerous area, no doubt i would get one. I was just curious what anons can say about airsoft for HD.
My personal opinion is the same, if someone would break in, i would have my fake handgun and my hatchet on me. If he doesn't get scared by the gun, there's still the manual way to solve it.
>>
>>31091703
So make yourself look like a sketchy dude.
Not crackhead sketchy, but definite mafia/underworld connection sketchy. Wear a trench coat and a black beanie around with some camo pants.
ALWAYS smoke cigarettes.
Don't shave or bath regularly
Then like I said, weather the fuck out of that AK. Make it look old and cheap. I've seen some fake ass shit look realer than real with decent weathering.

Since your entire premise for defense is based on images and assumptions, make yourself up to be something way more than you are.
Leave ski masks on the coffee table, different lengths of rope everywhere.
Hell, have a bunch of meat hooks hanging from the ceiling in your kitchen.
You'd also be better off leaving that hatchet laying around and trading it for a baseball bat. A hatchet you need to be close and hit in a certain way.

And you live in Hungary!! AK's were literally created 100km away, maybe if you lived in France or Britain, but I doubt people are really gonna question it in a place like Hungary.
>>
File: 9+%284%29.jpg (116KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
9+%284%29.jpg
116KB, 1600x1068px
>>31093679
Yup, I understand it now.
Those sketchy ideas are very promising! And thanks for the AK tip anyway. Literally every military officer and soldier carries AK variants in hungary, but i never, ever saw one in civilian hands.
btw just asking (not sayin' i know it any better, i only use my hatchet to cut wood) but if i would see someone coming for me with a hatchet i would shit my pants much worse than the same with a baseball bat. Pic related is my hatchet (google image, i'm not home right now) and i think it could create some nasty wounds on someone lurking on my property.
>>
File: 1458993113677.png (89KB, 353x332px) Image search: [Google]
1458993113677.png
89KB, 353x332px
>>31093679
>Wear a trench coat and a black beanie around with some camo pants.
>ALWAYS smoke cigarettes.
>Don't shave or bath regularly

All in the name of home defense?
>>
>>31090562
>Airsoft for anything besides /asp/-faggotry
git back to ur queer containment board bitchboy
>>>/asp/
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/trash/

>because I live in the EU
then you sure as fuck don't belong here shitposter.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.