[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nice noguns stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 1471468711008.jpg (623KB, 2185x1699px) Image search: [Google]
1471468711008.jpg
623KB, 2185x1699px
>Be me
>Be anti-gun
>Be from anti-gun family
>As I grow up become more pro-gun
>Move out, eventually decide I'd like a gun to take to the range and try hunting with.
>Tell my father, is very anti-gun
>Asks me why I want one, points out the possible dangers etc.
>Say honestly I just want it to shoot, I find it fun and as a legal adult I can spend my money as I like
>"Fair point anon, sure, what're you thinking of getting?"

Now he keeps sending me gunbroker links to stuff I want, still anti-gun but accepts that I just like different stuff, we don't argue about it.

So /k/ got any nice anti-gun stories?
>>
Get out
>>
File: 1471909402187.png (229KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471909402187.png
229KB, 450x500px
>>31077176
>>>/b/
>>
>>31077144
Your dad is actually pro gun and has been pussified by your mom.
>>
>>31077281
This
>>
>>31077144
Since when does an a-10 have wingtip launchers?
>>
Before you think about buying anything, take a gun safety class. Go to your local gunstore and ask them. Chances are they host one.

Then go buy a .22 caliber rifle or pistol and git gud with that. The rifle is cheap and the ammo is the cheapest.

After that, go to a range and rent as many different firearms as you can. Get a feel for what you like.
>>
>>31077434
Good point.

>>31077281
Divorced from mam since I was 16, literally no contact.
>>
>>31077361

Since we remembered we could dream

>see: the entire pic
>>
>>31077144

I got one but it's not about me

>Be a few years ago, I think I was about 25 or 26
>been into guns since long before I was old enough to own them, but didn't own any till I was 22
>Nobody on my dad's side has ever mentioned guns, I know my grandpa owned them and my dad hunted a few times when he was young, but it never came up
>go visit aunt
>she unexpectedly walks out to my truck as I'm unloading stuff instead of waiting for me to knock on the door
>sees me pull what is obviously a pistol case out of my glovebox
>asks what's in it
>I tell her it's probably what she thinks it is
>the second we get inside and I set everything down she asks to see it
>I show her the Model 10 I hadn't owned long
>Asks if we can go shoot it. Like that same day
>I'm totally caught off guard
>Turns out my uncle who she'd recently divorced has been going full retard, showing up at her work and getting violent, coming around the house when she's not home
>find out a friend of hers loaned her a super tacticool 1911 that's way, way too big for her small hands to handle
>After going to the range we go to the nearest Academy, discuss what kind of gun would be good for her
>She gets a gun and is now hazguns and progunz
>I am proud and we're the only two that have that in common on that side of the family
>>
>>31077697
I hope she shoots it often but never has to anon.
>>
>>31077731

Sadly she keeps telling me I need to go visit her so we can go the range, I don't think she's shot it once since she's bought it. Which confuses me because she has (or had) a hazguns friend who took her to the range once or twice before I did, which is what made her want the gun she bought, so it's not like I'm the only one who can take her. But then again, just this moment I realize, maybe that was a guy she was dating or interested in after the divorce and it didn't work out, so it's not an option
>>
File: 1470525200931.png (152KB, 347x474px) Image search: [Google]
1470525200931.png
152KB, 347x474px
>>31077144
>dad is noguns
>we went and did a sporting clays class a few months before I left home to start my career
>talking with him yesterday, casually mention new Vepr-12
>he's heard of it and thinks it's cool
>mfw
I'm gonna let him run a few mags through it next time he visits
>>
>>31077764
Hell, alternatively she may just want to spend some time with her nephew (I presume)
>>
>>31077144
>sister is scared of guns
>take her clay pigeon shooting
>admits they're fun
Pretty bland story.

The instructor guy pulled the
>show gun is clear
>close breech
>is this gun safe?
"yes"
>no. any gun should always be considered unsafe
lesson on her which was pretty funny. When people know their answer is too obvious and get that sudden doubt look is always gets me.
>>
>>31077144
>be me
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>31077912

What if he was gonna tell a second hand story from his dad or uncle or super-liberal-turned-progunz friend? No need to be an assbutt

Also

>stopped reading there
>but then I (presumably solved a captcha to) post that I stopped reading there, so that everyone would know that I did and to imply OP did something wrong
>>
>>31077434

>.22lr

>cheapest
>>
>>31077144
>>Be me
>>Be anti-gun
kill yourself
>>
>>31077144
My mother's the same way. Bless her heart, she tries.
>>
>>31077144
>be anti gun and be raised in antigun family
>slowly shift to Fudd status then end up at "gimme all the fucking guns" status
>try to convince family members to be gun friendly
>I love her to death but my mom isn't really too intelligent/educated desu and operates 99% on emotion so every time the word gun comes out of my mouth her eyes will bulge and she will scream at me sometimes slipping into her native Jamaican accent

>dad straight up tells me after debate that "My dislike for guns is not logical. All the statistics in the world could show guns to be good and I would never support this family or anyone being able to get them"
>well they're lost causes by maybe my bro isn't

>bro is a pothead
>aske bro if he'd be willing to go shooting with me
>get the "nah mann... Guns are not chill bro they kill people" speech
>convince him to go though
>couple days pass
>I'm awoken from bed by a phone call
>my dad telling me to give phone to brother
>see that my brother is outside with my mom
>he's in the driveway with a knife pointed at my mom, they're both screaming at each other
>too tired to give a shit so just walk up to him and try to hand him the phone
>he points knife at me and screams to back off or some shit
>try to give him phone but he just runs off and around the neighborhood pointing the knife at random people screaming and choping at trees
>cops come and get him and take him to hospital for mental evaluation
>whole thing started because he was outright asking for drug money from mom and she wouldn't give to him
>since then he's gotten into more serious drugs and has stolen money from everyone in the family to buy them

>mfw
>>
>>31078071
Jontrons face when.

Fuck man.
>>
>>31078071
Forgot to mention that before my dad said that I was still debating with him and he started to get a little bit in favor of guns but it was because of what happened at the Dallas cop shootings. He was getting excited that people were starting to use guns to shoot cops.
>>
File: 1471711641926.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1471711641926.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>31077144
>dad was anti fun even as a career active army and my mom is german
>parents so anti-fun i cant even own toy guns,air shit etc
>shoot my first 22 at boy scout camp around 12
> they reluctantly let me go hunting at 14 with uncle
>joined nasty girls and shot sharpshooter at basic
>moved out and got a nuget back when they were $99
5 years later
>showing my mom and dad around my new house, mom points at gun safe "was is das?"
>open it up to show my scary salt raifus and extened clipozines
>mom has a break down, my dad is intrested in my AK, i go to pull it out of the safe and my mom is acting like its a bomb about to level the entire house
>i end up convincing my dad to come out to the range with me and try my best to show my mom that guns aren't heat seeking nukes.
>>
>>31078149
did you buy the speshul babeh seekah rounds anon?
>>
>>31078071
are both your mom and dad black?
>>
>>31078125
>He was getting excited that people were starting to use guns to shoot cops.
basketball americans
>>
>>31078149
>Anti-gun military
This is the worst kind of statist authoritarian boot-licker.
>>
>>31078178
Mom is black but very light skinned and dad is a blonde hair blue eyed white guy. I'm whiter than my gf who is like Dutch or some shit.
>>
>>31078252
why is your dad such a faggot then? typically the only men that heavily dislike firearms had bad dealings with them in the past or are cucked by their wives.
>>
>>31078243
Yeah i dont get, i remember listening to rush limbaugh in the car with him as a kid , he was a republican but anti gun? Maybe a reagon carryover, but hes gone full libtard since bush so im trying my best.
>>
>>31078276
My GF is slight libtard. I keep loaded guns in the bedroom. We have no kids, and I don't fear her ever using them on me. If she actually did want to kill me, you are still dead whether shot in the head with a gun, or stabbed in the neck with a kitchen knife while sleeping.
She actually did run into the bedroom and locked the door because she heard a noise downstairs. I was like, "Are you fucking shitting me?", "I have a loaded FNP-40 right here".
>>
>>31078276
not him but alot of boomers in interracial marriages are/were huge peaceniks for nam, probably ingrained a fear of guns especially after kent state.
>>
>>31078276
>had bad dealings with them

He grew up in the ghetto with a poor as fuck family. Ended up becoming a drug dealer at one point and tells me a story about how people shot at him on two occasions. He got in fights and shit all the time at school because he went to an all black school. Dropped out of school. Got kicked out of the home. Was into drugs and alcohol and shit. Got the shit kicked out of him by cops a few times. Sobered up and realized his life was shit and started to get it on track. Got an education and good job. Stilled lived in the ghetto because by then he met my mom who wanted to live there because her family was there. I was born. Decided to put his foot down and move us when he went to the courts to play basketball and a little kid came up to play a game with some guys and took out a gun and set it down with his shit. Didn't want me to end up that kid I guess.
>>
>>31077361
>>31077607
I thought those were glowing nav lights.
>>
File: IMG_20130811_143904.jpg (110KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130811_143904.jpg
110KB, 1600x1195px
People tell me that I don't need a gun because all they are good for is killing.
Well no Shit! What if I need something to die?
>>
>Also been into guns.
>dad is a 34 year get. Was a tanker, stationed in Korean dmz, joined nasty girls
>mom's Canadian. Horribly anti fun
>have a few guns in the house. Winchester 1895 that's been in the family forever.
>join nasty girls
>but gun. Dad just wants me to be safe. Mom grumbles.
>convince dad to get ccw. He's a super fud
>manage to convince him to get polymer salt pistol
>carrying for 3 years now.
>mom's grumbles.
>funs all over house now. Shotgun. Multiple pistols.
>mom demands we show her how to shoot and operate everything we have.
>teach sister how to ar15.
>no chick lean, decent groupings.
>she's getting an m&p shield and her ccw.
>signed up for training courses.

And then my mom died of massive heart attack.
>>
>>31077176
>was anti
>began to like guns
>"HURR DURRR git out!"
Yea it's guys like you that make gun owners look like white supremacist xenophobes.
>>
>>31078125
Found the nig famalam.
>>
>>31079680
i'm sorry anon
>>
>>31078016
Really depends on where you're buying it from and where you live.

I live in Southern Commiefornia and fucking Big 5 has the 500 round bricks of .22lr for $100 now
>i used to overpay for them at $27 each

Bass Pro Shops still has the bucket of .22lr for like $80, never in stock though
>>
>>31077144
Consider the area where my heart existed to be slightly warmer, well done OP.
>>
>>31077176
No, u
>>
>>31078016
For maximum fun levels/price I'd think 12 gauge 8 shot wins.

$50 for a cardboard box of 250 shells and you get the wow factor of busting clays/racking a pump. Then you can take it dove or quail hunting afterwards.
>>
>>31077912
>be faggot
>judge people for starting green text with 'be me'
>makes me feel superior because I have huge inferiority complex
>>
>>31078043
Shitheads like this really hurt the progun community. Do everyone a favor and find another interest besides weapons 4chan has plenty of other boards I recommend the animals board for a close minded piece of shit such as yourself.
>>
>>31077898
I fucking hate when instructors do this. I understand their point, but they're also playing into the liberal fear meme that a gun is like a pinless grenade resting on a rickety shelf.
A gun, loaded or not, is never "unsafe" nor should it be "considered" as such. A better way to phrase it would be that a gun should always be treated as if it is ready to fire, and that there is no time at which it can magically be handled differently and sweeping or pointing it at a person is okay. If a firearms instructor wants to emphasize safety in an effective way, he can emphasize good trigger discipline. That's something every one of us needs to prioritize.
Most effective old instructor I ever saw used to use the term "booger hook" to comic effect in a way that stuck. "Keep your booger hook pointed at your target, not wrapped around the trigger," "get your booger hook off that trigger before you touch the mag or slide" "a straight booger hook is a safe booger hook." Made you really aware of where your finger was and what your hands were doing.
I actually had a girl argue with me that transporting my guns unloaded was putting myself and other drivers at risk because "more people are killed by unloaded guns than unloaded ones." She actually thought unloading them created a less safe situation because of that old bit of instructor lore, the point of which was really just that THINKING a gun is unloaded is not an excuse to handle it carelessly.
>>
>>31079820
This.
My gf has paranoia about my pistol. if it's set on the table she won't walk in front of the barrel even when its not cocked. And it's because some convinced her to treat guns as if they're always ready to fire. It's really annoying especially when I'm trying to zero my sights in the garage.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.