[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a paintball gun a firearm?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

File: 1470957074451.png (296KB, 521x347px) Image search: [Google]
1470957074451.png
296KB, 521x347px
Okay /k/, here's my problem
>live in gated community
>Canadian Geese come in and shit up my lawn
>use paintball marker to scare them off
>doing this for 3 years now
>homeowner association threatens to fine $1000 per "incident"
>apparently a neighbour complained about paintballs "flying over houses"
>can barely get across pond in backyard from water's edge
>no rules saying I can't use paintball marker
>only thing prohibited is an actual firearm

so, is a paintball marker considered a firearm? I talked to the local gun shop and they said that it would not be by any stretch. I just want to hear opinions on this.
>>
>>30962421
Sue your HOA or use an air gun
>>
I hear there are these guys who study the law and then give you legal advice.

Lawguys, they call them.

Also, get some black powder and use that.
>>
Sounds like one of your neighbors is a huge fag and made up a story because they've got a dick up their ass and want everyone else to have a bad day too.

No, a paintball gun is not a firearm, it's a toy or a tool. Look up other ways to keep the waterfowl off your property though, because the HOA will probably jew you out of money somehow, whether by making you pay the fines, or making you pay lawyer fees to defend yourself in court.
>>
> TLDR soccer moms get mad because gun type object exists.

You should be fine, it's a paintball gun.
>>
>>30962421
Why the fuck do Americans put up with the cunts that always form HOAs? I've only heard shitty stories about them, and I don't see what purpose they fulfill.
>>
>>30962533
safe spaces
>>
>>30962421
Legally, no, but it doesn't matter what you use if your hoa wants to pursue animal cruelty/noise/vandalism/etc.

Get an air rifle, either Goethe out your window or hide somewhere in your yard and shoot them in the ass. They'll never come back.

>source: be me
>inna hoa, live on edge of developed neighborhood so its just land 4 dayz behind my house
>hoa gets pissed that I shoot at coyotes who try and fuck with my dog
>announce meeting specifically discussing discharging of firearms (100% legal in my county) saying it's illegal and that we can't fuck with wildlife
>month later hoa treasurer or whatever's two dogs get killed by coyotes
>attend next meeting and go up to her and ask to make sure she didn't harm the coyotes
>move out of that commie hamlet
>>
Fuck HOAs.
>>
File: 1457430927011.jpg (785KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1457430927011.jpg
785KB, 1000x1500px
Hold your HOA for ransom by building a HAM radio tower in your yard for every week they do not meet your demands.
>>
>>30962543
This. And to keep niggers and white trash out.
>>
>>30962548
This is the best solution.

>buy Gamo whisper
>set up snipers perch well inside the building, with a table providing support and the curtains almost shut
>all snooping neighbors see is the birds suddenly react to asspain
>>
>>30962548
I would have walked in with 12 dead cyotote corpses and say "got em for ya"
>>
>>30962533
No purpose aside from screaming about their feelings. It's just another sign of the decay of western civilization.
>>
>>30962421
Wait, your HOA forbids possession of a firearm?

Or is it just firing they prohibit?
>>
>>30962533
Keeps niggers out, that was the original intent.
>>
File: 1470974628071.jpg (109KB, 998x974px) Image search: [Google]
1470974628071.jpg
109KB, 998x974px
>>30962614
OP here, for the most part it's firing them. I don't own any guns because I don't have the time/effort/money to, but have shot plenty with friends and family.

plus the fact that owning one immediately puts you on the neighbourhood's shit list
>>
>>30962666
>letting them know you own one.
>>
>>30962685
Say you don't have a password on your router and it must have been your neighbor stealing your wifi.
>>
>>30962666
>not telling them to fuck off
>not hiring Tyrone and his niggas to go on a robbery/raping spree
>not laughing your ass off when your home is the only one untouched
>>
>>30962421
>homeowner association
There's your fucking problem
>>
http://www.airgundepot.com/stoeger-suppressed.html

These look fun as fuck, I might get one!
>>
>>30962421
No OP, paintball is not a firearm. Firearms uses a projectile and an explosive as a means of propellant. no explosive means no gun. Effectively you have a compressed air pistol that shoots latex.
>>
>>30962421

In New Jersey, yes.
>>
>>30962766

This.

>>30962736

This, too. The Mrs. and I are looking for a house to buy right now, and she wonders why I refuse to live anywhere with a HoA.
>>
File: 1452114672206.gif (828KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1452114672206.gif
828KB, 200x189px
>>30962590
>be bitchy stay at home house wife
>snoop neighbors because josé the lawn tamer had to cancel so no sneaky dick sucky while hubby is at work
>look over to gun nut neighbors
>I hate him probably wants to kill my kids
> nothing going on geese just hanging out in his yard
> mad man wanted to hurt the poor innocent geese with a paintball gun
> fucked the HOA chairman to threaten to sue him for lola
> nothing going on
> weird he left a window open
> mfw geese just jump with a bloody ass a fly away
>>
>>30962533
Property values stay high when everyone in the neighborhood has a giant stick up their ass
>>
>>30962802
>what did he do, feed them taco bell?
>>
>>30962861
>be op
> see neighbor cunt staring my house down from window through air rifle scope
> lol imma fuck with this bitch
> shoot goose closer to her view
> face of wtf floods with the fury of the fukashima tsunami
> from a house you'd never expect comes a pellet from a barely moved curtain you'll never hear
>>
>>30962421
>Is a paintball gun a firearm?

This is a stupid question and you should feel bad.
>>
File: 1470371866115.png (149KB, 611x672px) Image search: [Google]
1470371866115.png
149KB, 611x672px
>>30962802
sounds like one of my neighbors actually

>>30962720
that would be hilarious, we used to have people that would do door-to-door scamming.

>>30963009
no shit it's a dumb question, the HOA here doesn't get that it is and doesn't realize the answer is no.
>>
>>30962421
Is it assault cop-killer paintball gun? Then yes, it's a highly dangerously weapon designed to kill black transgender children.
Anyway, if those geese were assault as well, I'd recommend you to sue their owner in response.
>>
File: 1470438912202.jpg (68KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1470438912202.jpg
68KB, 600x580px
>>30962802
furthermore, I do want to kill one of the neighbour's kids

little bitch tried to stab me a few times, fucks with nearly every other kid in the neighbourhood her age, and used to attack her equally terrible mom to attempt to get out of going to school.

also it's only ever the geese that fuck with my yard

>not the ducks
>not the rabbits
>not the foxes
>no
>it's the fucking geese
>>
>>30963360
It sounds like you need to train the geese to attack children.
>>
>>30963360
Well the solution is to let the little cunt stab you and shoot her in self defense
>>
File: dr evil.gif (71KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
dr evil.gif
71KB, 480x270px
>>30962421

"The GCA defines the term “firearm” as: (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive"

EXPLOSIVE: a substance that can be made to explode, especially any of those used in bombs or shells.

Co2 isn't combustible, therefore the projectile isn't being propelled by an explosive. Tell the HOA to suck a big fat schlong and sue their asses off if they fine you.
>>
>>30962421
Look up the definition of firearm according to the ATF. They're the authority on this stuff, after all. Print out the definition, including a citation of whichever chapter of the United States Code where it can be found. Send this to your HOA, along with a strongly worded letter suggesting that they fuck off. Make sure you cc the letter and enclosure to your lawyer. Or, better yet, have him send it.

Paintball gun isn't a firearm, not even in California.
>>
>>30962421
you could go to jail for that
>>
>>30962798
here is what you do, get a hold of the contract that they make you sign before you move in scan it and make it an editable document. Edit it with a clause that states that HOA rules do not apply to you. Make this clause hidden deep within a paragraph of text. Have the font be the same size and style. Make the clause short so it isnt easily noticable by anyone quickly looking it over. If you can have them sign it before you do. Now the HOA has no influence over you. Make sure you also hire a lawyer to tell them to fuck off if they get pissy over your contract.
>>
>>30962421
ok
>>
File: ul;traspooked.gif (499KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ul;traspooked.gif
499KB, 500x282px
>>30962533
Because in our country niggers are openly allowed to nig
>>
>>30962666
Oh to hell with those cunts, get yourself something nice and enjoy it. They can eat a dick. Not that they aren't already, but that's beside the point.
>>
Use slingshot or airhorn
>>
>>30962533
>Live in an HOA.
Neighbors see me with my guns, they see my safe.
>Started a trend in the neighborhood when I dropped some antlers on my front lawn for decor.
>Others started to do the same.
>Only real thing they get on your ass about is if you have tall grass, because of Pokemon infestations and shit I guess.
>Waved at a neighbor while tinkering with my AR in the garage, he waved back.
>I fucking hate his dog because it gets loose and barks at me, one of those mini Pincers.
>I give it water once or twice because fuck, it's hot, this guy needs it.
>>
>>30962577
This! get your ham license, join your local EMCOM group and take some of those free FEMA community disaster response classes, and then put up a FUCKHUGE tower.

The reason I say get involved in disaster response is that (IIRC) there's a federal law that prohibits HOA's and such from interfering with any part of the emergency communications infrastructure, which your tower would be part of.

If you really want to fuck with them, you can put some of those lights they use to warn aircraft that there's a tower there on it, and paint it with alternating red and white caution stripes.
>>
>>30962421
>living somewhere with a homeowners association
Not even once.
>>
>>30962577
>building a HAM radio tower in your yard for every week they do not meet your demands.
>>
>>30962421
You are fucking with a migratory bird and might actually want to clear that with the DNR
>>
>>30962533
A combination of:
>everywhere nice to live has one already so you have your choice of the ghetto or the HOA (IE, it keeps nigs out)
and
>It preserves property values because it prevents Bubba McMethhead from pulling a run-down trailer home into the lot next to your $300,000 house, never mowing the lawn, and hanging car parts from the trees

Since nobody wants to live with nig or methhead neighbors, it fulfills a service with high demand.
>>
>>30962802
I have a neighbor who literally sits on her porch with a fucking high-end spotting scope to snoop on neighbors.

She also pushed the HOA to prohibit blackout curtains, obviously with the intent of keeping people from prohibiting her from viewing the insides of their homes.

Most of the neighborhood has tried to have her arrested for peeping, because she'll comment publicly on people's sex lives, visitors, wallpapers, etc. She's been arrested 3 or 4 times but never convicted because she's old, white, and retired from a government job.
>>
>>30971385
>be assfucking wife innabedroom with blinds drawn
>phone rings, it's snooping neighbor
>"You're going to Hell! Sex should only be in the missionary position and don't forget to pray for forgiveness afterwards! You're going to Confession tonight, right?"
>call cops
>cops sigh and go "not again, you know we can't do anything unless she's on your property, right?"
>no that's not right, 18 USC article something section something page something paragraph something (I have it laminated next to house phone because this is such a common occurrence) clearly defines invasion of privacy and snooping, Supreme Court Case something upholds this law to specifically extend to listening and viewing devices located off the property whose primary or sole intent is to allow the listening/viewing of the goings-on of another person's private property, and 18 USC something something defines that a person has a "reasonable expectation of privacy" within his or her own home"
>We're still not gonna arrest her, she's old and might have a heart attack at trial
>go to window still ass-naked, pull the blinds up, and flip her off
>phone rings again
This literally has happened.
>>
File: 1461997752565.jpg (80KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461997752565.jpg
80KB, 540x960px
>Live in HOA neighborhood.
>Roof needs replacing on the one fixer-upper in the neighborhood, the one I bought.
>Decide on tin roof to save money on heating/ac, that and I fucking love the sound of rain on it.
>Work on the siding and landscaping with my dad while the roofers are doing their business on top of the house.
>No less than 1/3rd of the way done with the roof, someone from the HOA comes over and immediately starts barking about tin roof.
>"This is against code, you can't have a tin roof!"
>Dad immediately storms over to the skinny nu-male, that was very obviously sent by the fat military mom across the street that continually paced in the front yard all day.
>"The fuck did you say?"
>"Y-You can't have a tin roof! I have a right to fine!"
>Guy holds up a form
>Dad snatches it and rips it up.
>Points at house over his shoulder.
>"You were fine with this 1990's built piece of shit rotting away on the corner lot before we came and bought it, and now you have a problem it's being re-done, because it doesn't look like everyone else's houses? Fuck outta here."
>Guy stammers and puts on a defiant face then walks off.
>Wave at my neighbors every single day.
>Snap pictures of the man that's clearly not her husband pulling in her driveway and going inside every 3 nights.
>Saw them kiss once, so I know it's not a relative.
>He also isn't her husband.
>Think about making my roof high-polish just so they have to look at the visage of god every morning because the sun literally hits my house first in the entire neighborhood.
>>
Moral of the story? HOAs fucking suck
>>
>>30969419
kek, I already wanted a HAM license but now I know what I am going to do if I ever find myself in an HOA
>>
>firearm
>fire
>firearms require fire
>paintball guns use gas to propel projectiles
>>
>bought condo to rent out
>6 days before closing new rules and regulations go into effect
>HOA requires 10 day to approve a tenant after a lease is signed
not as bad as other stories, but having to tell someone that they need to wait 2 weeks AFTER signing a lease before they can move in discourages a lot of people.
>>
File: HAM root tower Pepe.jpg (597KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
HAM root tower Pepe.jpg
597KB, 1024x768px
>>30962421

>>30962577
>>30969419
>>30971574
>>30971065
Fucking kek, do this OP an report back to us with the results.
>>
>>30962838
There are ghetto homes in DC that are worth as much or more than some gated communities.

>$600k rowhouse and still have to deal with open air drug markets
>>
>>30971995
>people pay 6 figures for property infested with crackheads, in a city with no CC
>NOVA is on the subway line, and has both lower crime and guns

but why
>>
>>30972028
>but why
SafeTrack, I-66 and I-395.

Oddly enough, DC has the lowest property taxes in the area and the housing values are still on the goddam rise. Black dude on my job has a home right on Capitol Hill that's worth 1.2 mil and still climbing. His parents bought that house for dirt cheap in the 60s.
>>
>>30971385
Laser. Drone her house. Make her be watched.
>>
>>30969419
If I ever have trouble with a HOA this is going to get retrieved from the ol' memory file and implemented. Fuck yes.
>>
>>30971385
Get a hi powered laser and beam ot right in her spotter scope.
>>
>>30972534
This.

Nobody will believe her, they'll just assume she accidentally looked into the sun.
>>
>>30972534
>have PEQ2a
>its IR
I should do this...
>>
File: 1469932783686.jpg (65KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1469932783686.jpg
65KB, 706x706px
OP here

a friend and I are going to put posterboards and whatnot all over the neighborhood that list off the shit things the HOA here has done

said things include:
>voting to increase rates
>not telling the country club (seperate organization) that they were taking water from their lines
>not getting any stop signs sanctioned by state/local
>letting this one bastard >>>/diy/ his entire house
>not caring for safety of kids waiting at bus stops (refer to stop sign issue)
>and many other more minor issues

I could also ask about the hundreds of high school aged kids they let in for some sort of party that ended up happening one street away from my home.
>>
>>30973820
>not telling the country club (seperate organization) that they were taking water from their lines

That's when you send an anonymous tip to your local water and sewer authority because they take water theft seriously especially if they're stealing water from a fire hydrant.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.