[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti Poaching Unit Update and Trip Meetup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_2128.jpg (950KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2128.jpg
950KB, 2000x1500px
I've been in Texas meeting with some potential investors who will help fund some Anti Poaching Unit (APU) technologies and purchases. What I haven't mention before is that I've been working with a group of hardware and software hackers to put together some APU tech that change the way poaching is fought. I'm taking some of the lessons learned over my last 17 years in LE and building a solution that works just like tracking street hoods but doing it in the wilds of SA.

All the potential investors were amazed at what we built and how fast we can deploy it. You'd be surprised to know that big game hunters don't really have much tolerance for poachers. In addition to the tech project, we're also looking for money to send one K9 handler/trainer to South Africa to train 6-8 tracking dogs that will be deployed in the field. This is a pretty low cost item, about $30k for the year.

While in Texas, I met up with Zed. We went out and got some Texas sized meat sweats and talked about a shared love of all things /k/. Without going into too much detail on the tech project, we can talk about APU weapons and tactics.
>>
>>30930138
>You'd be surprised to know that big game hunters don't really have much tolerance for poachers.

pretty well known fact actually
>>
>>30930157
To big game hunters, yes. To the average man on the street, no. Most people think hunters are all about killing everything at all opportunities.
>>
You're going to send a K9 handler/trainer to South Africa for a year for only $30K? I can't imagine anyone would even take little as a salary, never mind moving to South Africa for it.
>>
>A bunch of tripfags die in africa including zed

I think that this is going to be great for the board, god speed with your project.
>>
>>30930138

> Staying at the Westin

Listen, you bourgeoisie fuck. Pay your people. Pay them well. They're likely to get shot at.
>>
>>30930211
First, the U.S. dollar goes really far there. Second, the handler is a retired LEO who spend 15 years as a handler and trainer. He has a great pension and would love to relocate for a few months. He won't be there for a full year, but, there are other expenses that we'll cover (dog food, gear, vet bills..) You can easily live well on $1500/mo in South Africa.

>>30930232
Not likely, it's no like we're in Virunga. But, I would love for Zed to come and do some pilot work there. As much as a dream about getting some ultra-lights, that's pretty low down on the list of things we really Zed.

>>30930256
It's not like it's a Hyatt or Four Seasons.
>>
>>30930271

> Hyatt

Cheaper by far, especially when there's a hockey or basketball game.

> Four Seasons

Fair enough.
>>
Daily reminder that this is an elaborate troll at best, and a scam at worst, anybody that goes out to SA cannot be armed legally.
>>
I'm hoping this is an elaborate troll.

If not, I look forward to seeing you on BestGore.
>>
>>30930314
How is it a scam? I have not asked any kommandos for even a penny, nor do I have to. There will come a day when the program allows for bring some volunteers in the field. There is much more to APU work that running around with guns. At the point where poachers have made on your protected lands, area armed, and a actively tracking Rhinos - then six other layers of APU work either failed or were done so poorly that there was no deterant value.

>>30930301
The Westin is like $250/night. Pretty average if you're not staying at an airport microtel at the end of a runway.
>>
>>30930349
>There is much more to APU work that running around with guns.

If we aren't going to be patrolling innabush.
If we aren't going to be armed.
If we aren't even going to be in the field at all.
Then it's not /k/-related.

Take it to /an/

>>>/an/
>>
>>30930401
APU work involves:
Fund Raising
Social media promotion
Dehorning
Tracking (electronic means)
On ground in field premier patrols, fence breach detection
Cybertracking
developing CIs
Staff background investigations
Education

This is just some of the work that's done, that is not carrying a FAL by moon light.
>>
File: 1463378804618.jpg (5KB, 137x174px)
1463378804618.jpg
5KB, 137x174px
>>30930446

So...

>APU work involves: Literally nothing /k/-related

Git out.

>>>/an/
>>
>>30930483
And most military jobs are not combat jobs, yet, we have non-stop /meg/ treads.

So.....

Then again, most of /k/ is nogunz so there's that. So...
>>
>>30930500
>So.....
>So.....
>So.....
So fuck off to /an/
>>
>>30930500

The military is /k/-related.

Even pretending you're in the military is /k/-related.

Going into South Africa unarmed and getting fucked by armed niggers "for the animals" is not.

/an/ is a board DEVOTED TO ANIMALS AND NATURE. TAKE IT THERE.
>>
>>30930528
Go back to /b/. I busy building a private law enforcement organization.

>>30930534
i can be armed there, so can my APU rangers. So, that's /k/ related. Today they're armed with Vektor Z88 pistols and South African made Galil rifles.
>>
Stop replying to this fucktard guys.
>>
Let it die, or at least sage if you feel the need to bite.
>>
>>30930349
I would love to help but I'm a Canada bro. Still you should send me tech to cold weather test it. I live not far from Michigan or Niagara
>>
>>30930534
>Even pretending you're in the military is /k/-related.
Then pretend you're an APU ranger.

>Problems
>Solutions
>>
>>30930605
It's won't get Canada cold in SA. I can test it at 0f here where I'm at.

Not being an America is not an issue.
>>
File: 1522107_-_main.jpg (61KB, 752x423px)
1522107_-_main.jpg
61KB, 752x423px
>>>30930271
>I would love for Zed to come and do some pilot work there.
Well, I would love that, but I think it would be a hard sell to uproot the senpai so daddy can can be a wild-eyed African bush ISR pilot.

HOWEVER- considering the quantity, size, and wealth of landowners in Texas... to include a fair number of those who operate exotic game hunting operations... I think there would be a pretty damn good market here for APU services here. I could easily see your business reaching a size that would need a flight department (particularly in the panhandle and basin regions), and someone *ahem* who would be adept at managing that part of the company.

A Cessna caravan would be perfect for that role. Excellent loiter time, established ISR airframe with the military and LE, and ability to operate in short unimproved airstrips, and an entry price of around 1.8M. Just a thought ;)

Also, dinner was awesome, thanks again. Hope you enjoyed the BBQ!
>>
>>30930739
The BBQ is sitting heavy. Good times.
>>
>>30930401
>>30930446
>>30930534
>Tracking armed criminals innawoods, while armed, using military tactics, equipment and aircraft isn't /k/ related...
God, I can't wait for school to start and clean this rubbish out of my beloved /k/.
>>
>>30930797
I know, this year's summer school day/k/are was the worst in years. It was almost as bad as the summer of 2008.
>>
Any room for a team medic? I'm finishing my Biochem bachelors and I want to get my paramedic certs soon
>>
>>30930797
>implying you weren't part of the cancer.

You still trying to spam /k/ with links to your shitty chatroom?

I know you don't care much about bans lol.
>>
File: 20160429_152525.jpg (961KB, 2048x1152px)
20160429_152525.jpg
961KB, 2048x1152px
>>30930810
I forgot to tell you... bought a Ruger AR556 recently, had it in the back seat and wanted to show it off. Forgot all about it. Ah well, next time.
>>
>>30930899
That room has been gone for years.

>>30930910
Nice buy, I've been eyeing those up.
>>
>>30930179
No, to liberals mostly. To anyone who has ever talked to or known a hunter it's known.
>>
>>30930988
What about liberal hunters? What if you are a conservative city dwellers with no hunting friends? Is there something taught in the conservative handbook?
>>
>>30930937
>>30930899
Where have you guys been hanging out then...skype?
>>
>>30930157
I pay $40,000 for my safari. Of course I hate poachers.
>>
>>30931020
Vast Majority of hunters are conservative,or conservative leaning.

And conservative hunters fund most of the wildlife refuges that exist today.

It's practically a conservative policy to make sure our wildlife is protected in a way that is also fair to hunters.
>>
>>30930138
>Anti Poaching Unit
Sure. Force working people to spend hundreds of dollars for the 'privilege' of shooting a buck in their own country. Have fun, don't get shot by any 'big scary guns'.
>>
What would an "Anti Poaching Unit" even do? Shoot poachers? Is that legal, even in Africa?
>>
>>30930138
Friendly reminder
>JohnnyIShootStuff.
Is not to be trusted,
OP is fag
etc
>>
>>30930138

I used to give you shit, but seeing all of what you've done, I must applaud your efforts. The most worthy wars are often the ones everyone else refuses to fight.
>>
>>30930138
I was wondering what happened with this, all the hate aside I'm very interested to see where this goes. Keep updating and keep up the good work
>>
>>30930138
>I met up with Zed.
into the trash this whole thing goes. I hope you both get raped by innocent black Zimbabwean farmers.
>>
I filled out the form like half a year ago and got no reply. This is likely a data mining operation.

OP is a faggot don't trust him.
>>
>>30930138

Will you have a roided up tatted out chick that used to be a mechanic / armywelfare slut?
>>
>>30930797

Bet you guys will shitpost about pulling the trigger on poachers like that kinesha johnson slut too
>>
File: JohnnyIShootStuff super salty.png (128KB, 1616x1192px) Image search: [Google]
JohnnyIShootStuff super salty.png
128KB, 1616x1192px
>>30931485
I seriously wouldn't trust JohnnyIShootStuff. He has very bad anger issues for someone with as many years of law enforcement training as he claims to have. He attacks others for disagreeing with him and shrugs off any constructive criticism as "trolling" and "underage kids crying."

He is not above threatening other people with violence and as such his comments get deleted from other forums for violating the terms of service. (I.E no threats against others)
>>
>>30931682
It's also harder to put faith in someone that cites a "Midlife Crisis" as being one of their main motivations for undertaking something of this magnitude.
>>
>47th for SAO is a fag
>>
>>30931682

Holy shit if this is the LE I think he is (poopypantz/johnnyflashbang/johnnypantz) from AR15.com, we are about to have a shitload of fun. Is this guy possibly from the southeastern US or gulf coast area?
>>
>>30930810
>tries to subtly play the oldfag card
>conveniently forgets moot debunking the summer myth
>>
File: 1437335481328.jpg (16KB, 336x229px)
1437335481328.jpg
16KB, 336x229px
Wait what, Zed is still around? I thought that fag fucked off MONTHS ago.
>>
>>30932039
He's from Pennsylvania.

>>30932143
>>30930810
>pic related
>>
>>30931051
sms, Google Hangouts

>>30931258
Prevent poaching of large mammals and other endangered animals

>>30931463
If they're raping, how innocent are they? Also I there are many Zimbob farmers in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.

>>30931485
Data mining for what?

>>30931608
Nope.

>>30931682
For like the 14th time, dope, that's me pruning my disqus comments. Some of them say the comment was deleted by Hillary Clinton. I do prune old comments.

>>30931693
Change of careers and different financial motives. When you're hitting a point where you can fund you lifestyle without having a day job, is that a bad thing?

>>30932039
Strangely, AR15.com is one site that I've never used.

>>30932143
Moot is the master troll. He's the same guy who took $6m in VC for that crappy Canv.as site.

>>30932233
He's never left.

>>30932575
Correct-a-mundo.
>>
>>30932233
I had heard that he got arrested for drugs.
>>
>>30930550
>i can be armed there, so can my APU rangers. So, that's /k/ related. Today they're armed with Vektor Z88 pistols and South African made Galil rifles
Is citizenship and permanent residence a requirement? What about VISAs?
>>
>>30930739
You ain't the only pilot boy.
>>
>>30934784
volunteer visa if staying for more than 90 days.

>>30934805
Are you type rated on a 737? I know Zed is.
>>
>>30934816
So we can be armed during patrols as long as we have a volunteer visa or permanent residence/citizenship
>>
>>30934844
No. You can not get a security license, which is needed to be employed in an armed security capacity. As I mentioned before, APU work is so much more than carrying a firearm. If you have perm residence or citizenship then being armed is easy.
>>
>>30934848
What is the process for permenant residence?
>>
>>30930910
replace the delta ring asap. It's a really cheap plastic that breaks easily. hickok had 2 break on him for example. The rest of the rifle is fine.
>>
>>30934848
I'd be very interested in helping personally or helping with funding. I'm pretty well set up money wise, and im looking to start the next chapter in my life.

How can I contact you to get more information?
>>
>>30935094
I'm not now nor I will I be seeking any money from kommandos
>>
>At least 30 samefag posts

wew

Remember not to bite.
>>
>>30936119
So what? Is there a one reply per post limit or something? It's like you think you're somebody around here or something like that.
>>
>>30936119
>30 Same fag posts
>33 Posters ITT
>>
>>30935202
So what's the point of you posting here. We are all primarily interested in weapons and various potential armed confrontations. Take your mid life crisis and 'tech' elsewhere
>>
>>30936489
Having a team of APU rangers, in the field, today is not /k/? Really? But, patch threads, rhodie camo, and meg threads are?

I'd like to know what world you live in.....So I never go there by mistake.
>>
>>30936505
You should band up with that nuggetfest guy since you both have a penchant for monetizing /k/ and peddling your business ideas on here. I've been in your threads from the beginning and you backpedalled on so much shit that you lost all credibility. I'm out
>>
>>30936533
Again, seeking no money from anyone here. No plans to either. Where have I ever asked /k/ for event a penny? Plans must be fluid and must change path, sometimes, to flow in the path of least resistance.

There's no reason to spend a day figuring out how to climb a wall when you can walk around the wall in a few minutes and steps.
>>
>>30930626
When I went to SA it was fucking freezing, but I'm from Louisiana do I don't really know what "cold" is. I think it got down to in the 20s.

All you Yankee fucks probably think that's hilarious but it sucked dick riding in the bed of a pickup looking for game.
>>
>>30936579
Below 14F is where a lot of electronics have issues. Batteries also have problems when it gets that cold. While below freezing temps can happen in SA, it's not common or prolonged.
>>
>>30936609
Understandable, I think it may have gotten below freezing now that I think about it. This was several years ago so my memory isn't perfect, but I think I recall water pipes freezing.

Point was that SA gets colder than a lot of people probably think.

Would Volunteers ever be armed? Sounds cool regardless, but the opportunity to climb kopjes and walk around the bush with an R5 once every couple of weeks would be fun by itself.
>>
>>30936692
Read the thread fuckface. Whole point on shitting on this Johnny manlet is that volunteers are not armed
>>
>>30936692
It gets snow and has one ski resort. The center of the country is very high, JNB a mile above sea level, and the inland parts of the country can see some wicked heat in the summer and some snow in the winter.
>>
>>30930138
Who is this little man on the left that looks like he has a lot to prove?
>>
>>30936699
CoolStoryBro.jpg
>>
Bump. Cmon /k/ this is important
>>
>>30934784
Only residents with special license can carry guns. Your whole little thing has nothing to do with /k/, so fuck off and take all noguns with you!
>>
>>30936756
like patches and camo have anything to do with /k/. Like everyone on /k/ is an american?

Think bigger.
>>
>>30936771
Dude just fuck off you're very annoying, /k/ doesn't want you
>>
>>30936756
That's not true

>>30936771
You didn't answer my question >>30936692 nigger
>>
>>30936826
Filter me.

>>30936843
Read the thread, your answers are there. The ones that aren't are very easily found with a Google search. The answers you're looking for are very specific and best answered by the source (SA immigration services)
>>
>>30936859
I'm not asking the legality of it,
I'm asking if there are currently any plans. You said "your APU Rangers CAN be armed" but you haven't specified on current plans.

I understand that plans change and all that, but it'd be great if you could answer my question: Are there currently plans to arm volunteers at any point.

Look man I'm not trying to knock away any of what you're doing, I might join in several years from now, but I would like a direct answer to the question.

Walk me through some of those activities you discussed, I want some nice details. I'm poorly informed but would love to eventually help.
>>
>>30930138
Why do you look so jaded Johnny, is it the vertical challenge, lack of pussy?
>>
>>30937065
It was the 3lbs of brisket I ate and the weight of money in my wallet. I have three cats, they follow me around the house. That's right, pussy teams up and follows me around.
>>
>>30937065
Oh, and Zed is like 6'6". Guy played D1 Basketball in college.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.