[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OSU Tips for beginners

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (237KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
237KB, 2560x1440px
I love OSU and recently started playing but I'm fucking beyond garbage at it. Any tips to get better at this game?
>>
>>16992266
Just stop playing it. There are better rhythm game.
>>
>>16992332
like?
>>
Any recommendations for good Japanese rhythm games?
>>
>>16992443
Maybe go to the rhythm game thread, ya fucking moron.
>>
>>16992457
I would if there were any dumbass
>>
>>16992468
There's one up right now.
>>
>>16992468
Are you that much of a mentally challenged human being that can't ctrl+F the word "rhythm" on /jp/?
>>
File: 14095759.jpg (604KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
14095759.jpg
604KB, 1600x1200px
>>16992443
Your image is very small.
>>
>>16992443
VibRibbon
>>
>>16992457
they wouldnt want him there
>>
play more
>>
>>16992412
Elite Beat Agents
>>
Ring of repick
>>
just play until you get RSI, then you know you are good
>>
Gradually increase mouse sensitivity
>>
Play catch the beat
Truly the superior gamemode
>>
>>16992266
Just have fun and ignore the scoring system, it's garbage and inaccurate to your real skill and makes you get into a mentality of spamming retry on a single miss.
>>
click the circles

hope this helps!
>>
>>16992480
Well, he does like osu...
>>
File: C1z-nb9W8AIdEpN.png (285KB, 400x520px) Image search: [Google]
C1z-nb9W8AIdEpN.png
285KB, 400x520px
Have played osu! 2 years ago a lot actually.
I was S-ing 5.30-5.60 maps at that time

So here is my valuable advice.
Don't listen to memes like "play DT"
Always play S only if you miss restart.
occasionally try harder maps but finish them only on S. And move your way like this.

DT is meme
HD is where its at.

Also don't even touch AR8 don't go under 9
>>
>>16994292
Also small area is meme as well, play on full
>>
>>16994292
>Also don't even touch AR8 don't go under 9
Don't listen to this fag. Playing low AR songs will help immensely with reading and accuracy. Avoid DT and HR too early in your learning curve.

Don't worry about getting an S all the time. Aim for high accuracy instead. Don't restart if you miss. Keep playing through the entire map.

Don't get too caught up on how big your pp (dick) is. DT players will always want to show off all the pp they are getting. Scoring is shit. Play for fun and enjoy the game.
>>
beatmania IIDX.
>>
Start EZ mod on 3-3.5* when you can do some 4* FC. You'll play like shit for a long time (1-2 months) but eventually you'll be very consistent at reading.
>>
I put at least 2000 hours into Osu and barely dropped into a 4 digit number ranking.

The only advice I can give is to play maps that are hard for you, notice what's hard about them and play more maps that feature that hard thing.

Do this over and over and over again. Forever.

You'll never be cookiezi
>>
>>16992266
mfw I'm a piano player and i fucking suck at osu
>>
>>16995430
>not dpjam
>>
osu std is not rythmn game
osu std is combo game lel
>>
>>16995232
>Don't worry about getting an S all the time. Aim for high accuracy instead.
>Dont care about S
>Care about accuracy
what ?
>>
What mode OP?

If standard, well, enjoy your carpal tunnel
If mania, just play IIDX
The other two... no one plays those
>>
>>17001906
That's mean, you can also recommend him to play the original games if he likes taiko mode
>>
>>16992266
The tip is to use your time on better, more enjoyable things.
EverQuest is still somewhat popular, give that a try instead.
>>
>>16996705
Same here. But how is a point and click rhythm game Anything like the piano?
>>
>>16992266
First of all don't get into it.
Been up in 5k last year when i had to stop playing due to RSI which was the most painful (both emotionaly and physicaly) thing because by that time i actually felt being decent at the game.
if taiko just play the original if mania you have plenty of other choices that are far better

>>16999625
>>
>>16992266
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG_3bS3ftVM
A lot of people are bringing up RSI/carpal tunnel in this thread, so here's a video on proper posture while gaming (assuming you use a mouse). The channel is about OW, but this video applies to PC posture in general.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x830px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x830px
I play this single mouse only, so no keyboard. These are my scores, what is a good average percentage for a mouse user?
>>
>>17013980
Every score is good enough if you have fun, you shouldn't worry about your level.
But anyway, you could, like anyone else in this thraed says, play a better game
>>
>>17013994
I am having fun playing along with the music that I like, I only play single player. But I am wondering if there's other mouse only players too that don't use keyboards. I want to see how well they do
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.