[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

エロゲスレ/Untranslated VN General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 538
Thread images: 64

File: ta.png (2MB, 1286x748px) Image search: [Google]
ta.png
2MB, 1286x748px
Previous thread: >>15142410

This thread is for the discussion of untranslated Japanese visual novels.

What are you playing? What are you looking forward to? What have you finished? You know the drill.
>>
File: Happy Meido.jpg (139KB, 1022x570px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Meido.jpg
139KB, 1022x570px
Maids are cute. Maids are JUSTICE!
>>
>>15158643
But that's a janitor.
>>
File: when the cicadas cry.jpg (187KB, 1282x747px) Image search: [Google]
when the cicadas cry.jpg
187KB, 1282x747px
Reading island, really enjoyable so far.
>>
File: えっ.jpg (62KB, 440x357px) Image search: [Google]
えっ.jpg
62KB, 440x357px
>>15158681
>>
File: 1447367765642.jpg (130KB, 705x485px) Image search: [Google]
1447367765642.jpg
130KB, 705x485px
Any decent mystery/murder/detective-drama VN, /jp/?
I've exhausted my backlog already.
>>
>>15158845
Try this one - https://vndb.org/v637
>>
File: i.jpg (248KB, 1259x719px) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
248KB, 1259x719px
Why is flat so shit?
>>
>>15158874
You mean Karen and Sara or flatness in general?
>>
>>15158874

That is some crazy hair.
>>
>>15158877
Both.
>>
>>15158889
Then you should know flatness and Karen are both great.
>>
>>15158845
https://vndb.org/v2537

https://vndb.org/v616

Could be really hard to find tho
>>
>>15158874
You're just gay.
>>
>>15158874
Flat girls with wide hips are pretty much the best.
>>
>>15159060

Pretty sure that's its target audience.
>all ages
>>
>>15159074
Yeah because two or three poorly written cookie cutter H-scenes add so much to the experience. Nukige is much better if you want to fap.
>>
>>15158247
I don't get it. If you don't want to talk about it, why even post about it? If you want to tease us you're late because trial screenshots can be found all over the place already. Looking forward to someone writing actually useful impressions.
>>
>>15159089

Random fanservice CG also add nothing, still there.
>>
>>15159098
Maybe check the thread properly. I did write about the scene later, I did write my impressions later and the trial is out on August's website already anyway.
>>
>>15158485
More fluffiness soon.

Though, I'm still in the dark why and how Mashiro is one of the "main" heroines, if the Tayutama 2 follows the Mashiro route ending from the first game? I don't want to play some NTR route.

That or the POV suddenly switches to Yuuri coming home after a long while and catches up with his foxy waifu.
>>
>>15159211
It's apparently going to have 2 protagonists
>>
>>15159098
>>15159107
But let's mention some things I found noteworthy.

- Effects are really impressive.
- Story actually makes you care about the Empire being conquered and its citizens treated badly. Yeah, it's done through depictions of cliched scenes of injustice, but it works.
- Akari and Hotori get the most spotlight in the trial, then Kotone and Elsa, Kanami is mainly talked about, but has some scenes too.
- I'm really interested in Elsa's route, considering the battle between her people and Soujin, where they confronted each other openly. I hope August spins a satisfying story for those two to fall in love.
- But then again, Soujin ends up pledging his everything to Akari, so I think it'll feel sour to abandon her for other heroines in their routes.
- Some things don't immediately click. It just doesn't seem plausible that Hotori would have time to be an idol.
- Or how Kotone repeatedly helps Soujin and Hotori's side, but it doesn't seem like anyone notices or reports ít.
- I wouldn't be surprised if the evil guy turned out to be in some complicated gambit to defeat the republic in the end.
>>
>>15158864
>>15158994
>Could be really hard to find tho

No kidding. I'll look into it anyway tho.
>>
File: elsa.jpg (45KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
elsa.jpg
45KB, 250x300px
Goddamn it you shouldn't do this just because Kana destroyed that poll
>>
>>15159247
Thank you.
>>
so, which april release is worth playing?
>>
>>15159269
Did the author make her a cunt out of butthurt or something?
>>
>>15159288
Are you implying bad things about Kana? I suggest stopping.
>>
>>15159294
I'm wondering if the author was just butthurt people preferred the miracle that was Kanasuke over his main heroines.
>>
>>15159301
Elsa's pretty reasonable. She knows that the republic's quest for spreading democracy is in reality just an excuse to keep the war going, but wants to use the chance and really establish democracy in the empire.
>>
>>15159314
The republic is basically USA then?
>>
>>15159324
It now covers most of the world, but if you had to liken it to a real country, then I guess USA fits best. The empire is of course Japan rather clearly.
>>
>>15159269
That's what she gets for being a libshit

>>15159324
If it's true that they don't allow them to use weapons anymore then yes it's pretty obvious
>>
>>15159333
A what?
>>
I'm finding it hard to be engaged or interested by the Republic vs Empire shtick in Sen no Hatou, simply because so much of it is just a lesser imitation of Legend of Galactic Heroes. The only real difference here is moege stuff tacked on top of it.
>>
>>15159424
I felt like there were stronger resemblances to Muramasa, honestly.
>>
>>15159456
I haven't read that yet.
>>
>>15159424
Republic vs. Empire is nothing new in fiction and LoGH did not invent it.
>>
>>15159465
I didn't say LOGH invented it, I just said Sen no Hatou is a lesser imitation. I'm sure you could find RvE stories dating back to Julius Ceaser's day.
>>
>>15159470
You are stupid, seriously
>>
>>15159485
For the sake of good faith, I will tediously explain what I meant to avoid misconception. First of all, I think you probably interpreted "lesser imitation" to meant that I'm accusing Sen no Hatou of copying LOGH / intentionally imitating it. That is not what I meant. Rather, I meant that LOGH is a very very well written and expansive novel that covers the conflict between a republic and an empire extremely well. Therefore, when I read something like Sen no Hatou which has a similar conflict, I see many ideas that were also expressed in LOGH. In this case, as in many other cases, LOGH expressed them better, and thus Sen no Hatou becomes a "lesser imitation" in my eyes, for they tread the same ground but Sen no Hatou does it worse. I am not saying Sen no Hatou is a clone, or that LOGH invented the ideas, just that they both cover the same ideas, and LOGH did it much better.
>>
>>15159485
Nice argument
>>
>>15159288
Nah I just had a feeling they're banking on Kana's reception with this design, or maybe it's just >bekkankou
>>
>>15159544
Sure, character design mush have played a role, but Kana's positive reception was because of her character. Elsa's pretty different.
>>
>>15159494
LOGH is a 5000 pages story released in like 12 years interval
Sen no Hatou is a trial only so far
Comparing them at any point right now is completely retarded
I reiterate, you are stupid
>>
>>15159644
>Comparing them at any point right now is completely retarded
That doesn't even make sense. Obviously I'm not going to write up an essays about a trial but there's still extremely apparent similarities and similar ideas, comparing them is perfectly fine.
>>
>>15159644
Well your mom is gay, nerd.
>>
>>15159662
No it's not. It's only a fucking trial dude.
>>
>>15159662
They have a similar setting see if you see them both in a large and meaningless macro scale but saying they have similar ideas right now is again, stupid
It's just a fucking trial
>>
>>15159671
>>15159675
There is no meaning to just repeating "it's a trial"... it's a substantial chunk of text that expresses ideas. That's basis enough to compare it to other texts with similar ideas. I'll say it again - there's no meaning to repeating "it's just a trial". No meaning at all.
>>
>>15159662
Which ideas? Did the trial even exhibit any of them yet?
>>
>>15159698
No, the trial did not exhibit any ideas. From start to finish it is a series of moe jokes with no depth.
>>
>>15159687
A story needs space to get ideas across, what you are seeing in a trial is just the setting, not the ideas
It's very strange that you can't understand something that simple
>>
>>15159710
As >>15159714 said, the trial just exhibits the setting. Ideas can be exhibited and can be interpreted only once the story develops.
>>
>>15159714
There are definitely ideas in the setting. They haven't been fully explored, because it's a trial, yes, but I don't see how that matters. I am commenting on the trial, I am not commenting on the full game or what they can potentially become.
>>15159720
> Ideas can be exhibited and can be interpreted only once the story develops.
That is completely untrue and is pretty much nonsense. And anyway, I really doubt SnH is going to be so profound that the depth of its ideas can only begin to be perceived after the sprawling epics of the routes.
>>
>>15159726
>There are definitely ideas in the setting
And what are those, and how do they relate to LoGH? Genuinely interested as I like LoGH.
>>
>>15159752
I'll hold off on writing any serious write up since it is in fact just the trial, but the broad ideas are just what you'd expect in a Republic vs Empire: The reasons for the republic waging war, the operations of a rebellion in an a conquered area, etc etc. I don't know why those guys got so upset about it, the similarities are pretty clear.
>>
>>15159791
How is the empire portrayed so far?
>>
>>15159800
Eh? Read the trial if you want to know that.
>>
>>15159820
Thanks.
>>
>>15159820
>Eh?
People don't say "eh?" as an interjection in English, weeblord.
>>
>>15159842
I am become Japanese
>>15159839
Sorry, but that's a pretty nuanced question, and like I said I don't want to get into a serious write up till the full game is out.
>>
>>15159842
Canadians do.
>>
>>15159885
No they don't, they use it to seek agreement. "Not bad, eh?" "Pretty nice weather we're having, eh?" Like that.
>>
>>15159859
If you need to get into a serious write up to explain it I guess that in itself answers my question.
>>
>>15159859
There's no meaning to saying it's just a trial. Why not do your super serious write up now, since you've already made your judgement on it?
>>
>>15159931
I've made my judgement on the trial, and do not consider the trial worth a serious write up. I consider it worth some comments on 4chan, which I have made.
>>
>>15159991
But the comments you've made aren't worth anything, which calls your judgement into question. But you'll probably say that's not important either.
>>
>>15160004
I definitely don't consider my passing comments to be worth much, no more so than most passing impressions- it's just some discussion on 4chan.
>>
>>15159991
Yeah, and you think comparing a trial and a long epic novel series is normal
Nobody is telling you not to judge the trial or whatever, just that comparing it to something like LOGH is frankly retarded
>>
>>15160022
I'm not comparing the trial to a long epic novel series, I'm compared the ideas in a trial to those in a long epic novel series. I don't think it's dumb to compare their ideas considering how much similar ground they cover.
>>
>>15160031
And LOGH introduced and developed these ideas during the entire story

Yes this is dumb
>>
Finished the Senmomo trial. Pretty much a superior version of LOGH, since they both have an empire and rebels but Senmomo has much cuter girls.
>>
Oh here we go.
>>
>>15160048
Not all ideas require extensive development before they can be judged or looked at. LoGH is FILLED with ideas elaborated in a couple paragraphs that it doesn't come back to. If you've ever read Brothers Karamazov it's similar to that. Similarly, a lot of the ideas presented in Sen no Hatou are briefly covered and just sloppy from the get go, I don't need to read the full story to consider what I've read sloppy. I do need to read the fully story to critically evaluate the whole game's handling of ideas, which is why I just posted that right now I feel that the game handling of RvE (i.e. the ideas about it) is inferior to LOGH's, not an expansive critique. Understand? It's a short impression of a trial. Nothing more nothing less.
>>
The autism is rampant today
>>
>>15160066
Nah I'm done. It seems like he's dead set in his belief and no amount of explaining will change it. I've said my piece.
>>
>>15160064
But is the empire fascist?
>>
>>15160067
>I do need to read the fully story to critically evaluate the whole game's handling of ideas
I don't think you need a full story either but a trial is far too short, seriously

Your should get out of your idea of superior or inferior, Sen no Hato is only similar in a very large macro scale to LOGH and comparing them in any way has to be one of the most meaningless thing I saw in a while
And now you even bring the Brothers Karamazov too
>>
>>15160067
Are you seriously fucking comparing LoGH to The Brothers Karamazov? Really?
>>
Anybody played Noraneko? Do you like this game or not?
>>
>>15160094
Yes I liked Patricia and her route very much. Nice production values too. And I still want to know who's Lucia's VA.
>>
>>15160088
I literally just said that something that happens in LOGH also happens in Karamazov. Don't get your panties in a twist.
>>
File: Unknown 2016-04-19 23-38-31-25.png (953KB, 1274x713px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown 2016-04-19 23-38-31-25.png
953KB, 1274x713px
>>15160094
I liked it
>>
File: screenshot_2016-05-02_21-31-29.png (2MB, 1296x758px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_2016-05-02_21-31-29.png
2MB, 1296x758px
I reuploaded Chaos;Child to mega if anyone needs it. The baidu link posted in the previous thread is legit, and the game works.
https://mega.nz/#F!2xtFGAwZ!yBb7_I-_OnNDtWU41Qcldg

By the way, have you been able to use a text hooker on this VN? The ones I have don't work with it.
>>
>>15161028
>text hooker
>>
>>15161028
Why would you even bother hooking a plot-heavy game? I can't imagine getting any enjoyment out of that.
>>
>>15161453
Not that guy, but there is a lot of gray area between machine translation and fluency.
Looking up 2-3 words per page is still a pain in the ass when you have to do it manually, and otherwise you could read the game comfortably.
>>
>>15161529
Vns dont have pages
>>
>>15161584
That depends, NVL kinds do.
Just pretend I said every 10-15 lines, then.
>>
>>15161453
>>15161529

I'd agree. It's more about a comfy dictionary than anything else. So it's especially useful for a plot-heavy title, perhaps less needed for a typical moege. I don't think anyone here uses machine translations......... right?
>>
>>15161028
Thanks. Gonna play it next.
>>15161453
Because I require it for TA. And the second is needed to not let my eyes strain by tweaking the font size.
>>
>>15161637
I tried once out of morbid curiosity (also muted the voices). You get the primary details and combined with what's on screen you can follow the story properly, All of the finer points of the text is completely lost and good luck reading any type of accents.

With enough time and editing (via word replacing) I can see some types of people getting by with it on the large majority of titles, They'd have to avoid gameplay and games with complex dialogue though
>>
>>15161699
Anon you don't understand.
What text hooking means for a lot of people is basically duplicating the original Japanese text in the text hooker window, with a mouseover dictionary support and optionally furigana. Nothing has to be edited or replaced, we're not reading an English translation.

It's really just a fast way to look up unknown words.
>>
>>15160094
>>15160125
Shachi is best Noratoto for me, but Patricia was a fine main heroine and had the better route.
>>
>>15161755
That reply was aimed at
>I don't think anyone here uses machine translations
>>
>>15160094
I couldn't get over the fairy tale narration. Ruined the flow.
>>
>>15161882
That was one of the reasons why I continued with the game, actually.
It's already kinda standard to have the protagonist(s) narrate soliloquies in their head so having an actual narrator was refreshing. Plus it fit the whole Netherworld princess in the land of the living theme quite nicely.
>>
>>15161882
That was a selling point for me.
The writing style also felt like a drama play, with most actions performed by the character in parentheses rather than narrated. I thought it was fresh, but I also could see comments of some people not liking it.
>>
>>15161768

Wait, the blonde cutey is the main one? I think this just shot up on my backlog priority.

There are too few VNs with blonde main-heroines. For some reason the central/main heroine (or just the one in the center of the cover) tend to be the most typical and usually boring type. You know, usually shoulder length black/brown hair, nice to everyone, boring. Probably a decent amount of personal prejudice in my view here, but it really feels like that at times.
>>
>>15161937
Playing a game entirely based on the hair colour of a heroine... I am fascinated by your existence.
>>
>>15161968

Nah, it was on the backlog anyway (and it's about a bit more than that, hairstyle, general looks..).
Still, I admit I do add moege and such to my backlog based on heroine looks as well. But I mean.. who doesn't? Especially seeing how heavily type-casted everything is with VNs. You can often look at a heroine and get a decent idea of how she sounds and acts. Though it's always a pleasant surprise if that ends up being wrong.
>>
Just started 月に寄りそう
The prologue is very dramatic and details the life of this poor boy, raised with strict teachers and no personal life, so that he may become a strong and refined adult man.

Only it fails to deliver on the drama part, knowing that he ends up being a cute trap maid.
>>
>>15162246
I tried the demo a long time ago and the prologue was so enticing, I couldn't stop reading. Then when the story switched to present day and the protagonist just started droning on and on forever to his little sister (or whoever she was) about fashion I gave up.
>>
>>15162254
Isn't that because only the prologue was written by Ou Jackson?
>>
>>15162254
I didn't mind it, considering that I picked the title up only because of the cute trap protagonist and the maid plot.

I just found the constrast between the absurdly miserable prologue and the lighthearted trap antics funny.
>>
>>15162246

I'm pretty sure you got something wrong there. Or you just summarized it badly. If I recall it right, he's the son of a concubine, so he and his mother are hated by the actual wife of his father. As such he doesn't really have the same position in the family as his "siblings". He was abused a lot, but not to become a strong and refined adult man. A lot of that was just because the wife frankly hated them. The teachers were just there so he doesn't put more shame on the family. It was just more abusing though, in a way.

Anyway, the prologue has SOME meaning for the overall story, though you'll find out that it sorta "exaggerates" with its style a lot, while letting you a bit in the dark. Like making you think he's in some warzone and shit, which ultimately never really matters.It still kinda haunts every now and then, while the meat of the VN is... frankly a bit boring slice of life and Luna. Also fashion. However the actual main message of the prologue is actually kept, even though the situation drastically improves. Gives an at times weird contrast.
>>
>>15162354
No, I understood the prologue, I just kind of summarized it in one phrase, so of course the nuance of the whole thing was lost.
Yeah, he's bullied by the staff, but it doesn't change that he's being given an education, physical and mental, fit for the noble origins he carries. Obviously so that he can keep the name he carries high even though he's an illegitimate heir.

My point was that it was kind of funny how it can go from such a sad story to a much lighter story of trap love.
>>
File: x.png (26KB, 853x458px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
26KB, 853x458px
>>15161028
>>15161529
>>15161637
>>15161755

You better lose that crutch soon or you'll end up like this pleb.
>>
>>15162872
What do readers get out of text hooking?
Faster look-up of unknown words?

I'm that guy reading Tsuki ni Yorisou, and even though I encounter like 4 new words per page I just input them by hand on my phone for later review.
>>
>>15162911
>Faster look-up of unknown words?
Yes
For younger readers it also enables immediate kanji data so no need to use radical look up.
>>
>>15162928
While convenient, I feel like it would completely halt your improvements in reading skill.

If feel like I'm properly learning something that'll stick when I manually have to read and understand an unknown word, while when using things like rikai-chan the unknown compound is forgotten the moment I get my instant translation.
>>
>>15162938
As a former texthooker slave, it really doesn't, especially if you re-read the sentence w/o using the texthooker at all. Exposure is exposure.
>>
>>15162872
I still use a texthooker but I read Utawarerumono 2 on the PS3, obviously without one.
It was still a massive pain to look up all that royalty and imperial protocol words, and 80% of the game plays in the imperial capital and there are several scenes with the emperor they came up pretty often.
That was an entirely new specialized vocab I never met before, so there were dozens of new words.
>>
>>15162872
I could get used to text hookers.
I like to read in a dark room, using headphones and full screen mode for maximum immersion, and having a floating bubble of duplicated text there at all times would prevent me from enjoying the work.
>>
File: hibiki.jpg (24KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
hibiki.jpg
24KB, 384x384px
>>15162872
>>
>>15163009
>I could get used
I could never get used
>>
>>15163009
Full screen mode looks kinda weird most of the time.
>>
>>15163038
I guess that can be the case for a lot of older games, but what modern release would look weird full screen?
It's known that Japan is decades behind in home computing, but they're not that bad that it will break the game look if you fullscreen on a modern monitor.
>>
>>15163047
Yeah I was mostly thinking about older games.
I remember Island's trial had some small problems with the font and effects for me in full screen.
>>
>>15163047
I've had some recentish games just completely shit themselves if I put them into full screen, with the only way to fix them being deleting the system save, as otherwise they'd try to start in full screen when restarting and summarily shit them selves again.
But that seems like a problem unique to specific setup as searching for fixes has been rather fruitless.
>>
>>15163153
Weren't you using VNR or something? VNR is crazy invasive. I don't think plain ITH would do that.
>>
>>15163159
Wasn't even using a text hooker on them.
They were all games made by Cuff's brands so it's probably just something about the specific KiriKiri they're running on.
>>
>>15163188
Oh, my bad. Someone using VNR posted about it fucking up their games in a similar way.
>>
Done with Yumi's route in Nanairo. I wasn't ready for the Kotori twist Although hints were plenty in hindsight. If I really have to complain about one thing in the game, then it's how it sometimes poorly draws the line between drama and comedy. The whole "serial murder dismembering female corpses to build his perfect gf"-thing lost a bit of it's punch after the setting was used for some comedy. Really minor complaint, though. 8/10 so far, pumped for the other routes.
>>
>>15163204
It's only comedy in the side routes, in the main route it's taken seriously.
>>
File: s.png (107KB, 932x1028px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
107KB, 932x1028px
ISLAND confirmed peak masterpiece.
>>
>>15163688
Why are supposed to give a shit what some idiot on Reddit thinks?
>>
>>15163781
>some idiot on Reddit

That's kastel-sama, you ignorant.
>>
>>15163809
Sorry I don't follow reddit celebrities could you explain why i should give a shit
>>
File: boyfriend.jpg (27KB, 473x58px) Image search: [Google]
boyfriend.jpg
27KB, 473x58px
>>15163809
>That's kastel-sama
That a fact?
>>
>>15163816
he's actually a twitter celebrity, excuse you
>>
>>15163841
hes actually a 4chan celebrity. you guys are just newfags
>>
File: c.png (145KB, 293x491px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
145KB, 293x491px
>>15163827
>>
>>15163892
Taking his line id from his girlfriend, how cute
>>
>>15163899
If you read the ISLAND post, you can see it's him. The writing style is obvious.

On Ask.fm he mentions he has some doubts about his sexuality, so... of course, he's likely just doing it as a joke.
>>
>>15163688
Why do western VN celebrities tend to be so pretentious? What's the deal, Jap erogamers seem so much more down to earth in comparison.
>>
>>15163914
Japanese people are superior to everyone else? Wow, tell us something we don't already know.
>>
>>15163841
>>15163860
>>15163892
So a literal who, in other words.

The only people that actually matter are staff involved in the industry and Japanese fans who actually have an impact on it. I pay zero attention to IRC/Twitter and so should you.
>>
>>15163935
>I pay zero attention to these people because they write in english instead of japanese

I think its beneficial in a different way to pay attention to western VN readers. These people obviously share a much more similar origin and culture and are easier to talk to. Unlike the JP fans who consider all ages absolute garbage and gobble mainly moege, a lot of the more famous western VN "celebrities" have much more similar tastes, at least for me.
>>
>>15163971
Even then, it's better in the long run for you to just find things on your own.

The main problem I have with Reddit and Twitter is that all these people have an incredibly obnoxious/holier-than-thou attitude, spouting memes about "dicks" etc. which makes me unable to take anything they say seriously. >>15163914 also has a good point. All these people talk like eroge is the deepest most profound form of art, while Japanese fans just get to the point and actually say what they mean.
>>
>>15164148
Sorry, there are no VNs like that.
>>
>>15164148
The VAST majority of vns have cowtits so yeah.
Go to hgg on /vg/ for a better place for big tits discussion.
>>
File: CLF_h8zVAAAxjbP.jpg (94KB, 574x1019px) Image search: [Google]
CLF_h8zVAAAxjbP.jpg
94KB, 574x1019px
>>15164148
Sorry, we are all lolicons here.
>>
File: 2016-04-06_05-10-24.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06_05-10-24.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>15164209
Please do not speak for people like me, as quiet and non-confrontational as we may be compared to the lolicons.
>>
How do I make ITHVNR not miss characters in Senmomo's trial?
>>
>>15164355
Learn Japanese.
>>
>>15163912
just because he's not het doesn't mean he doubts his sexuality
>>
>>15164281
>quiet and non-confrontational
I wonder if there is anyone who actually believes this? I don't think I've seen a group that's both as aggressive AND passive-aggressive as these.
>>
>>15164368
Working on it, but it's not like I can recognize every single kanji. I'm at least not incompetent enough to use sentence translation.
>>
>>15164395
Then first study more, then read Senmomo trial after you get good enough.
>>
>>15164368
Everyone here uses text hookers so I don't know why you're being a dick about it.
>>
>>15164472
>Everyone here uses text hookers
Projection much?
>>
>>15164209
Tenka is such a slut.
>>
>>15164535
hi, I am Everyone and I use a text hooker.
>>
>>15164607
Because I can.
>>
>>15164649
Yeah, after a myriad of ups and downs I came to conclusion that I just can't read eroge. So instead I've started to read Japanese wiki and their Internet.
>>
>>15164684
That will never happen so who cares.
>>
>>15164030
Yeah, I really long for Ixrec. He's the only one who doesn't give me an urge to vomit.
>>
>>15164725
ixrec doesn't even know japanese
>>
>>15164756
You don't need to know japanese to read japanese untranslated visual novels. Just look at sanahtilig. He's doing fine.
>>
>>15164786
>sanahtilig

Literally who? Some clephas wannabe?
>>
>>15164804
Clephas works as an example too.
>>
>>15164553
Fuck you, Tenka is pure. How dare you insult her like that. It's not her fault MC arranged that for her. She just wanted to give a glorious concert.
>>
File: 20160503150442.png (1011KB, 1286x749px) Image search: [Google]
20160503150442.png
1011KB, 1286x749px
best girl
>>
File: Capture.png (396KB, 811x481px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
396KB, 811x481px
>>
File: 20160503151523.png (882KB, 1286x749px) Image search: [Google]
20160503151523.png
882KB, 1286x749px
>>15164973
>>
>>15164984
Are Eushully done for?
>>
>>15165008
Nah, 1 more god awful game and then they are fucked. Didn't think I'd see another dark age from a decent company this quickly
>>
>>15164984
At least the ero was good.
>>
>>15165017
Its definitely not a surprise, everyone knew that fucking 6 protagonist wouldn't work. Whats next, having 24 protag or something?
>>
>>15165111
All I wanted was mage loli, anyway
>>
>>15164984
>fat guy with his tongue out
I bet he's a hardworking, well-adjusted adult
>>
File: Chfzm8AVEAA-ppW.jpg (451KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Chfzm8AVEAA-ppW.jpg
451KB, 1536x2048px
>>
File: Chfzm8BUkAQryga.jpg (435KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Chfzm8BUkAQryga.jpg
435KB, 1536x2048px
>>15165164
>>
>>15164973
>>15165004
My Cousin Who's Older Than Me But Insists She's An Imouto Chara Can't Possibly Be This Cute And Sexy.
>>
>>15165159
I hope other companies can learn from the elegance and subtlety of his design.
>>
>>15161453
>I can't imagine getting any enjoyment out of that.
Out of what? I have a feeling your imagination is wrong.
>>
>>15165177
nigga damn that bitch got no meat on dem calves
>>
>>15165287
It's scientifically proven that using a physical dictionary produces the most enjoyment.
>>
File: y.jpg (258KB, 1277x721px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
258KB, 1277x721px
>>15164973
>>
Does Saihate no Ima ever stop being boring?
>>
File: 51nMv0D2zQL.jpg (41KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
51nMv0D2zQL.jpg
41KB, 346x500px
>>15165431
Read Romeo's LNs if you want something smoother.

I just finished 灼熱の小早川さん and it simply flowed from page to page.
>>
>>15165439
you can't text hook LNs
;_;
>>
>>15165556
You can read them though. Well, I can.
>>
>>15165556
You can run them through OCR if the scans are good enough.
>>
>>15165556
You can, actually
>>
>>15165402
MC's definitely head over heels with Noeri by that point.
>>
>>15160460
Her sister be jealous?
>>
>>15165745

Why would we know? Or really care.
It'd pretty much need to be picked up by Mangagamer to get a reasonable translation, and even then they could fuck up too. I mean fuck, Sekai actually managed to fuck up Root Double as well. Even though it was "in theory" translated by someone good, the editing is horrendous.

The whole translation scene is still in a rather awkward place, although it gets better. (that is, Mangagamer gets better, the other major companies are just.. sad jokes)
>>
File: youcanneverlearnjap.jpg (113KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
youcanneverlearnjap.jpg
113KB, 800x600px
Oh god plz why.
>>
>>15165862
I'm curious to what a machine translation of that would result in.
I'm curious to what a translation by a person of that would result in.
>>
>>15165914
A guy in /vn/ said that it's some old jap shit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kojiki
Apparently it's translated in english.
>>
>>15165923
Jesus Christ, you ignorant dunce. I don't actually expect you to know Kojiki, but you don't have to be so fucking obnoxious about it.
>>
File: overheat.jpg (199KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
overheat.jpg
199KB, 800x600px
>>15165952
>obnoxious
What?
>>
File: 1400081953525_1461614766296.jpg (860KB, 1490x3442px) Image search: [Google]
1400081953525_1461614766296.jpg
860KB, 1490x3442px
How bullshit is these lists?

1/2
>>
File: 1400081953525.png (1MB, 1220x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1400081953525.png
1MB, 1220x1700px
>>15166340
2/2
>>
>>15166340
>>15166347
Friend we generally do not conduct this kind of discussion here.

But to humor you so you have your answer, those lists seem random as shit. As if someone just put together eroge they knew or got suggestions for.
>>
Is there a walkthrough for the PC version of Chaos;Child? Or is it the same as for PS4?
>>
>>15166340
When it comes to plotge, those are definitely not good candidates for your first ever non-textbook material. For example Baldr Sky doesn't have hard grammar, but it has scifi, military, political, scientific, religious vocab that will make the game a dictionary looking up hell.
I wouldn't put any of those games in the plot part into a beginner's guide. They should stick to school slice of life, especially because almost every language course in existence will start with introducing you to school themed vocab.
>>
>>15166087
Reading Irae is like being a bitch for Lucifer. I hate how it tempts closer with some cool characters, music and writing and suddenly gives a bitchslap with everything else.
>>
>>15166340
Those lists have been picked apart several times on here. I wouldn't put much weight on them.
>>
>>15166340
>Monobeno: Happy End as moege
You can tell someone didn't actually read it.
>>
File: 2016-05-03_150755.jpg (120KB, 642x546px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-03_150755.jpg
120KB, 642x546px
>>
>>15166368

Eh, leyline is easy enough. It just depends. If you texthook, a few odd words aren't a problem.
>>
>>15166393
It's not just vocab. A line about the inner workings of artificial intelligence is considerably harder to understand than "hey let's meet after school!". And in a plotge if you don't understand one thing, it might throw you off completely as the story proceeds and expects you to know what's happening. In a moege, it's no big deal if you don't get an obscure joke, it's usually obvious what's happening.
>>
>>15166087
Maybe because you're a /vg/ poster?
>>>/vg/140914408
>>
>>15166340
>Actual plot
>Akatsuki no Goei
Maybe the second one
>>
>>15166407

Yeah, sure, but Leyline is Unisonshift. It really is easy, that's all I was saying. Baldr Sky I wouldn't recommend either. It depends on the VN. Moege can be a bit harder as well.
>>
>>15166388
Is that game YU-NO?
>>
File: justcircusthing.png (1MB, 1286x749px) Image search: [Google]
justcircusthing.png
1MB, 1286x749px
gg real imouto no route
>>
>>15166340
>>15166347
>>15166347
>>15166340
You do know I made these a long time based on the suggestion people gave in this same thread, right?
>>
>>15166719
Oh, actually the first one is the version modified by reddit.
>>
>>15166699

Don't worry, either the re-re-re-re-revision will have her route or one of the upcoming 15 fandiscs. Come back in 5-10 years.
>>
>>15166719
See, I said it >>15166358
>>
>>15166719
>>15166725
You got trolled dude. Or maybe you went along with the troll? A lot of those look easy on the surface but are actually really hard (monobeno for instance in the moege section).
>>
>>15165017
They just have to go back to the basics and do another Ikusa Megami game

It's not dissimilar to when Alicesoft tried to do far too much shit with Daiteikoku and then decided that Rance Quest didn't need a plot.

Need to go back to basics to rebuild.
>>
>>15166340
>>15166347
If you want something that is genuinely easy to pick up try Evenicle.
>>
>>15166839
>It's not dissimilar to when Alicesoft~~~
That's exactly what I was hinting to with
>Didn't think I'd see another dark age from a decent company this quickly

Eushully can easily fix the problem by going back to basics but if they will do so before it's too late is a different matter
>>
>>15166365
I'm on the second chapter and it works with the PS4 walkthrough. http://ps4ch.com/archives/1032386328.html
>>
I remember Kamidori being really good, in that I had a fun time with it exploring the areas, developing characters, etc. However I look at the pirate game and I really just do not care about it. Does Eushully have any other games for plebs who like grinding and managing a company of heroes worth playing?
>>
>>15166861
Two failed years in a row. They really have no choice given they only release one game a year.
>>
>>15166879
Ikusa Megami series is great
>>
>>15166879
They fucked up pirates so unbelievably hard. They should have made the map much larger and added other ships to raid and pillage, more NPCs and so on. It doesn't feel like being a pirate at all. It's a battle royale starting from turn 1 where you desperately fight for ground and resources while you have enemies jammed into the small space from every side.

It never feels like being free to sail the seas and pillage whoever you want.
>>
>>15166699
I tried DS trial and closed it immediately after knowing the heroines becomes mute when they mention protagonist name even if I set his name to default. Did they change this in the full game now?
>>
File: ym.jpg (260KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ym.jpg
260KB, 1280x720px
>>15166951
Nope, same way. In place of voicing the name you are sometimes referred to as あなた, 君 etc. or sometimes they outright skip the pronoun. One of the saving graces is Noeri always refers to you as <name>にい, with the にい always being voiced.
>>
>>15166951
Oh thank you, I'm currently deleting it from my torrent list. That's the most annoying shit.
>>
>>15166951
It could be worse, they could mute the name and not the honorifics so you have people keep calling you kun or san
>>
>>15167045

But maybe your name is kuhn? Then it works?

Unvoiced default name is really weird though. In that case I'd just go with something really dumb, so I get at least some situational comedy with the name.
>>
>>15167061
>Then it works?
Not really, the silent pause where the name is intended to be still happens
>>
>>15167080

Are there really VNs which do that..? Ouch.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (277KB, 1296x778px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
277KB, 1296x778px
Isn't that sweet.
>>
>>15167192
I broke my neck looking at this.
>>
>>15167027
Well, fuck it then. Who thinks this is a good idea? It's just ruining the immersion.
>>
What is funniest VN you ever read? lately i've been depressed, I need good amount comedy VN, please recommend me some
>>
>>15167251
The common route of Primal x Hearts.
>>
>>15167251
Tsuyokiss and Conboku. Seriously I don't think I laughed more than I did at these two. Somehow games with a near equal gender ratio cast tend to be the funnier than just an all female cast and male MC.
>>
>>15166665
Yup, you've got that right.
>>
File: 2016-05-03_192036.jpg (119KB, 642x546px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-03_192036.jpg
119KB, 642x546px
あたしの顔は木で刻まれちゃってる。素敵だと思えない?
>>
>>15167251
Noratoto is pretty funny
>>
>>15167346
>>15167262
Thanks, already had it in my backlog, will read it later

>>15167269
Already read it, bit disappointed with tsuyokiss next though.
>Somehow games with a near equal gender ratio cast tend to be the funnier than just an all female cast and male MC.
Yeah I agree with you, I really like when VN have a huge cast of unique character
>>
>>15166886
>Two
Memoria and madou koukaku weren't good either
>>
>>15167413
Yes they were. Memoria's system was awesome.
>>
>>15167418
What did you like about it?
>>
File: Sankaiou no Yubiwa_432.jpg (342KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sankaiou no Yubiwa_432.jpg
342KB, 1280x720px
How do you complete the 海洋侯の依頼 quests? The first one asked me to bring a lvl20 Sea Dragon and the second to collect some resources. I have both and nothing happens.
>>
File: 税金.jpg (148KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
税金.jpg
148KB, 800x600px
>>15167251
Try some May-be soft or Marron games like Patvessel or Cosmos if you want high tension. Also Maple Colors 2.
>>
>>15167413
Shit all over their last two efforts
>>
>>15165017
It wasn't something unexpected though. They have to make "good" story or "good" gameplay in their games, at least just one of them for saving game. Everyone knew that story is going to fail because of 6 protag thing, so it was all about if gameplay will good enough to save it or not, which didn't.
>>
>>15163688
After all the disappointing with looseboy's Bokusen, Ryukishi's iwaihime
and Romeo's Kouya, finally a game to reach the same level of the writer's previous masterpiece. Iam really glad ISLAND reached the hype level, and once again eroge/VN medium proofs to be the best story-telling medium in the world.
>>
>>15167951
What is Ryukishi's masterpiece? He made none
>>
>>15167951
Did you miss Sakura no Uta
>>
>>15167951
Iwaihime got good reviews, though.
>>
>>15167591
Nevermind, it seems Sonya must be present, even though I got them even without her.
>>
>>15167638
I love May-be Soft's humor-- they're so over the top silly they're goddamn hilarious. The only thing is that there is no semblance of flow in their stories, but honestly I did not mind that when my stomach simply hurt from laughing so much. I have fond memories of all of the Henshin series.
>>
新作エロゲを買いませんか? (2016年05月版)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28758328
>>
>>15167988
I played it and it's shit. That fucking Deus ex machina ending ruined everything.
>>
where is the new akabei drama

you promised me a mimasu meltdown
>>
>>15167413
Well I really liked Madou Koukaku. That's what they should be striving for imo. An actual plot with choices that matter and have consequences. It always felt there was so much to do in that game.
>>
>>15168183
No cracked Denuvo, no meltdown.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-03+at+10.42.29).png (46KB, 596x326px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-03+at+10.42.29).png
46KB, 596x326px
>>15168183
Seems like they somehow managed to shut his mouth. All he told about the crack is this, nothing else.
>>
>>15167988
20 reviews and 50 sales by crazy fanboys, great
It's a bad game, I played it, it's just horror stuff for the sake of R07's fetish of bullying and rape with one of the most retarded ending ever
Learn japanese and get over your fanboyism
>>
Is Island as good as the hype make it seem?
>>
>>15168339
I mean, it's good.
>>
>>15168330
>Learn japanese and get over your fanboyism
What the fuck retard? I was just stating a fact, that's all, I don't have an opinion about R07 myself.
>>
>>15168392
That's not a fact, if you cared about facts you'd know that basically everywhere people tried the game and found it bad, dropping it
Go see 2ch threads or blog posts or heck even twitter, it's easy
In Egs only fanboys cared about rating it but that doesn't mean anything in term of actual reception
>>
How do you guys feel about using guides while reading VNs?
>>
>>15168409
First time I play without a guide and just save at every choice, after that I just want to get it over with so I use them.
>>
File: -ISLAND.jpg (118KB, 1282x747px) Image search: [Google]
-ISLAND.jpg
118KB, 1282x747px
>>15168409
She tells me to use one every time I use the flowchart, can't argue with the game.
>>
>>15168409
For something I'm reading just for the story, and don't want to do a ton of replays, I just follow a guide and feel no shame about it. Recently I played Akeiro without a guide, and because I made one obscure choice in the beginning, I was locked out of the route I wanted to do and had to re-play the whole common route twice (since I was locked on Y's route, and was making choices for X cuz I thought that was the route I was on, I would have gotten a bad end, thus had to replay it twice).

When I play adventure games, though, where making choices is half the fun, I don't use a guide. Or something like Lovely Cation.
>>
>>15168403
2ch comments aren't reviews, R07's thread is full of piss, there's no way to know which ones are legitimate.
Why don't you go to EGS and review it yourself, then? Romeo also has a fuckton of fanboys, but people who didn't like it still reviewed it with a low score and that counts. You can submit dropped runs on EGS too, you know? If people who dropped it didn't review it then their opinion doesn't count because you can't quantify them. And why are you getting so buttblasted, did R07 rape your family or something?
>>
>>15168409
I used to avoid them but now that I started finishing 4-5 VNs a month I started using them.
>>
>>15168409
Varies. I have been going through Akeiro without a guide because it has quite a convenient scene-jump system, I did YU-NO 100% without one as well, but some VNs like Root Double are just... too much without one.
>>
>>15168427
>Romeo also has a fuckton of fanboys, but people who didn't like it still reviewed it with a low score and that counts
The difference is that a lot of people bought Kouya because of the hype surrounding it, nobody bought Iwaihime except pure fanboys

>If people who dropped it didn't review it then their opinion doesn't count because you can't quantify them
That's fucking retarded
>>
File: aliceIndex.jpg (547KB, 1562x1181px) Image search: [Google]
aliceIndex.jpg
547KB, 1562x1181px
>>15167961
It's coming.
>>
100 save slots aren't enough.
>>
>>15169404
>using multiple slave slots
>not playing through the game at a painstakingly slow rate, reading/listening to each line of dialogue all the way through, dozens of times, starting from the very beginning whenever you want to try another option
>>
File: real protagonist.jpg (272KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
real protagonist.jpg
272KB, 1280x720px
Just finished Sonya's Chaos route in 珊海王の円環. Jesus Christ, what kind of ending is that? Why did they even make it? Who thought it would be a good idea? Sure, I don't expect my would be nakamas to come to my help (because I burned them all), but there should be something different if you're going to make a whole different route. It was bad enough that all execution scenes were pretty much the same, barring an odd line here and there, and didn't lead to anything. The whole thing feels unfinished. Then again, I guess many other games which give you an illusion of choice where you can play for the "bad" guy tend to suffer from similar problems like missing on half of the quests, dialogues and rewards or story progress not making much sense.
Are other chaos routes just as bad and only good for rape scenes or do they at least have some actual endings?
>>
File: azusa.png (225KB, 415x395px) Image search: [Google]
azusa.png
225KB, 415x395px
>>15169486
I often save at points which I find funny/worth to reread. Girls making funny faces is a fetish of mine which also takes a few save slots.
>>
>>15169697
I do this too, but I NEVER EVER go back to read them, ever. Same with H-scenes. "I don't feel like reading it, so I'll just save and come back later". I have only ever come close to doing so once in my life, but that was a full game re-read and I just loaded the save to skip some parts.
>>
Courageous?

>あかべぇそふとすりぃ最新作「手垢塗れの天使」の公式サイトがOPEN
>題材は『枕営業』 身体が穢れても快楽に負けない少女の強さが描かれる
>>
File: 484e6709.jpg (111KB, 750x828px) Image search: [Google]
484e6709.jpg
111KB, 750x828px
>>15169787
Forgot pic.
>>
>>15168420
Karen is a cutie.
>>
>>15169787
I'll take this as a sign that Akabei is done.
>>
>>15169787
>快楽に負けない少女の強さが描かれる

If that's true, than it's incredible boring.
>>
>>15169871
You want her to lose to pleasure?
>>
>>15169861
Haven't the last two games published by Akabei and not one of the imprints been nukige anyway?
>>
>>15169787
Mm, saw this one yesterday while looking at mimasukei's Twitter. Picked up.
>>
>>15169787
So even if her body is defiled, she won't lose to pleasure ..........
so some slice of life drama with some gal who sells her body?
that just sounds meh
>>
>>15169787
>>15169794
Finally, I get to self insert as a strong female character.
>>
>>15169871
>>15169921
It's just going to be another 即落とし.
>>
>>15169934
I didn't play those either so I could be wrong, but they at least still seemed pretty vanilla and could potentially appeal to the moege audience. With this they're not even pretending anymore.
>>
File: 1460601040291.png (757KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1460601040291.png
757KB, 960x544px
What VN is this pure maiden from?
>>
Btw girlcelly and Mikocon released Himawari. I know some people here wanted it.
>>
>>15170321
Some shitty nukige. Looks pretty low budget. I recommend avoiding it.
>>
>>15170321
If there was only a way to search for VN characters
https://vndb.org/c/all?q=%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B9
>>
http://www.hibiki-site.com/orekano-project/index.html

What
>>
>>15170342
>https://vndb.org/c/all?q=%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B9
I actually didn't even know vndb had that.

Thanks friend.
>>
>>15170360
Don't feel like revving up a proxy.
Summary?
>>
>>15169787
They sure have balls, I've heard there's makura in the eroge industry.
>>
>>15170400
"To stand on a shining stage, girl offers her body..."

手垢塗れの天使

Newly announced eroge by Akabeisoft3 deals with the theme of advancing one's career through sexual favors and depicting female strength with the girl not losing herself in pleasure.
>>
>>15170417
Are they trying to kill themselves off?
>>
File: 1.png (3MB, 964x9958px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
3MB, 964x9958px
>>15170400
This.

>>15170417
>>15170418
No. This is a different thing >>15169787
>>
>>15170423
Ohhh shit I'm sorry, I dunno why I mixed that up.
>>
>>15170423
>Yuni
Why? Nobody likes her
>>
>>15170442
No idea, I would expect Aya instead of her. And no Wakoto, of course, nobody loves the weirdo.
>>
>>15170423
Thanks.
Hinata's the only one I'd call that appealing for though.
I should be thankful that they're not offering one for Seira or Yuuki. My poor impulse control would probably get the better of me when it comes to my favorite VA or my're waifu's VA, even at that cost.

>>15170442
Probably because she's the "main" heroine from LxC1, same with Hime. She's on the cover the Vita port for instance.
>>
>>15170794
>Denuvo
Ha.
>>
>>15170794
I don't know why you're looking down upon text hooking when its the best option to self-study Japanese.
>>
>>15170850
He doesn't like people studying Japanese posting in the thread I presume
I can see where he's coming from. I remember shitting on a lot of moege when I was learning because I read so slowly they were far too boring and I got too critical. Plus knowing Japanese well is fundamental for having a good faith discussion of a Japanese novel.
>>
It´s funny how all these people spoiling Chaos;Child never spoiler "that", i guess they are not bad people after all
>>
>>15171354
>>15171531
Interesting, anything else to spoil?
>>
any Eve: Burst Error R torrent yet?
>>
Is Island better than Sakura no Uta?
>>
>>15171932
you're trying to start a war, intentionally or not
>>
Anyone even finished Island yet?
>>
>>15172038

Those who marathon, probably. Dunno how long it is though. I'd assume it's somewhere between 1mb and 2mb sjis, but this is based on filesize (which is not saying much) and the previous work of the author.
>>
>>15172066
It's more than 2mb
>>
>Hideoyoshi voiced by Misonoo Mei
Music to my ears
>>
File: 45s.jpg (239KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
45s.jpg
239KB, 1280x720px
Speaking about Sen no Hatou trial, I felt like the plot advanced very quickly. Events like Akari and Soujin confronting the main bad guy, Soujin pledging fealty to Akari, Hotori-chan being brainwashed and attacking Akari, Soujin and Elsa conforting each other in battle, Kanami being set up for arranged marriage and most importantly trial's finale, Imperial Palace being blown up, all feel like they easily could be climaxes for separate routes, but you have them one after another in the trial.

I'm starting to think the common route will solve the main conflict, with small variations for player's selected heroine, and then the heroine routes will be after small time-skip in the new order (renewed Empire or whatever ends up happening).

Consider that all the main heroines are deeply connected to the main plot (Kotone perhaps less than others), so inevitably resolutions to their issues would have to be shown in every route, if the main plot was only resolved in heroine routes. But if the main plot is resolved in common, everything can be cleaned up neatly just once.

What do you think?
>>
What do you guys think about Evenicle?

I thought it was fairly well-written myself. Liked the stuff about legends vs actual history.
>>
>>15172581
I don't think it poorly written but it didn't strike me as well written either... I enjoyed it though as a game and a VN though so that was that.
>>
>>15172581
It's well written but the story itself isn't that complicated unless you bring Chaos vs Law into the mix
>>
>>15172581
>What do you guys think about Evenicle?
GOTY
>>
>>15172581
Best story in gameplay VN of last two years.
>>
Speaking of Evenicle, isn't it time for AliceSoft to announce something for 2016? Are they going to skip this year entirely?
>>
>>15172654
I'm hype for TsumaMigui 4
>>
>>15172654
They didn't announce a plan for 2016 so they might be taking a break year to focus on making X as good as possible, TADA has already stated he's putting his all into X. 04 is also on the table but hasn't been announced officially yet

Also Alicesoft is releasing a short afterstory game for Tsuma3 sometime this year
>>
>>15172581

Meh. Every 5 steps a 20line cutscene was annoying as fuck, and the story couldn't have been more generic as far as I played it. (end of chapter 2 I think) While the gameplay wasn't bad, the story was just so boring and uninteresting that I kinda dropped it. If I continue it for the gameplay, I'll be skipping A LOT.
Well, in addition to that I also wasn't a fan of the polygamy, and I didn't care about most of the characters which sure doesn't help either. If you combine all that.. it may just not be my thing.
>>
>>15172581
GOTY
>>
>>15172581
It restored by my faith in Alicesoft.
>>
>>15172745
> the story couldn't have been more generic as far as I played it. (end of chapter 2 I think)
Its gets much better later.
Best twist was literally at the last few lines in epilogue, completely changing perspective of everything that happened yet again.
>>
File: 249796-aliya06.jpg (562KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
249796-aliya06.jpg
562KB, 2048x1536px
Are Volume 7, airy[F]airy and Vanitas no Hitsuji any good? Looking to play some of the other titles by the Katahane team.
>>
>>15170417
That actually sounds like it could be interesting.

It's not a concept I'd love to visit a lot but I'd be interested in pirating it
>>
>>15172581
My favourite game of 2015,
I'd agree that it's well written but I'll also say that it was very simple.
>>
File: 123456 (19).png (1MB, 1268x716px) Image search: [Google]
123456 (19).png
1MB, 1268x716px
>losing against a little girl in front of an audience
Just commit sudoku already
>>
Anyone else thought the first few scenes in Sen no hatou were poorly chosen?

Made it look like it'll be a lame revenge story. Of course I quickly saw that wasn't the case by the end of the trial and am now really hyped for the release but still.

Daitoshokan on the other hand had a great start and introduced all of the characters in a fun way.
>>
>>15173470
Daito had a great start, and hooked you into thinking it would be fresh the whole way.

And then, festival.
>>
>>15172837
Vanitas is hilariously unfinished, but the prologue was pretty good.
>>
Contrary to popular belief, Denuvo is not going to prevent text hooking on eroge. The anti-debug part of the protection would probably get triggered but it's easily bypassed. People have made trainers for Denuvo protected games.
>>
>>15173694
Eroge developers can't afford Denuvo anyway.
>>
>>15173694
Who care about text hooking
>>
>>15173731
ur mum )
>>
>>15173563
I think I'm getting used to unfinished games from these guys... Thanks, will check it out then.
>>
How do you go about reading vn's that haven't been translate yet? I know some people use software on the side that reads and translate them but not too familiar with them.
>>
>>15173463
?
>>
File: 456468979.jpg (98KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
456468979.jpg
98KB, 480x270px
>>15173954
Except with a sharp knife
>>
>>15173951
I learned a bit of Japanese and rely on online dictionaries a lot. Could never get into the whole text-hooking thing despite being incredibly shit at moon, it's more of a hindrance than help for me.

I think people often use AGTH or something.
>>
>>15173951
I just ctrl em and look for moogy-dono review after.
>>
>>15173954
Sudoku (酢毒, acid poisoning) is a ritual suicide that was used before katanas were invented to kill yourself.
>>
>>15173979
Let's see moogys latest review

>Island 7.8

Shut it down, it's a commercial failure and will never sell now
>>
>>15173988
To be serious, I expected a better rating from him, everywhere else seem to be 9+
>>
File: paya.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
paya.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>15173951

I look at the visuals and guess. It works pretty well. Picture related obviously shows a girl who's sexually aggressive and wants to eat her prey right now.
>>
>>15174116
Thankfully Moogy-dono doesn't have shit taste like those guys
>>
>>15174116
Moogy's new rating system is designed to be as tryhard as possible
>>
Okay guys, now that Island is consider shit, what's a really good VN? All I've been reading in recent times is at most an 7.5/10 in the end, hyped or not. Does a good VN even exist? Or is that just a meme.
>>
>>15174116
>>15174147
Hadler also gave it a low score all things considered
I guess it's not a super masterpiece
>>
>>15174182
https://vndb.org/v19273
The new hyped masterpiece
>>
>>15174176
>>15174194
Who are those dickheads and why should I consider them?
>>
>>15174225
Fuck off, figure it out on your own.
>>
>>15174225
Moogy aka the don, he started TLwiki and was one of the major people who helped making VNs almost mainstream in the west
He learned japanese since then and has been an active eroge player, for some reason he has a cult following.

Hadler used to be a frequent poster in /jp/, he introduced many VNs here, among those some you wonder how he ever found them considering how obscure they are
Now he is mainly active in twitter but he still find totally obscure games regularly
>>
>>15174254
>Hadler
Is this him?

https://vndb.org/u12472
>>
>>15174254
Thank you, I wish someone will open fan club of them in my uni
>>
File: into the trash.png (264KB, 878x900px) Image search: [Google]
into the trash.png
264KB, 878x900px
>>15174200
>no sexual content
>>
>>15174304
It's shoujo-ai so no big loss
>>
>>15174304
The yuri part is worse.
>>
>>15174280
Yeah
As you can probably tell from his votes, he tends to rate higher than average (even for mediocre games) because he really enjoys reading. However, his taste is impeccable and he's one of the most well-read westerner that also is into eroge. Very good VNs are nestled in that list.
>>
>>15174317
Read a lot of obscure ones for sure, never even heard of some of these titles
>>
Can you stop this samefag circlejerking jeez..
>>
>>15174310
I fucking hate yuri

No dicks = no buy
>>
>>15174390
What are you on about?
>>
>>15161028
>Chaos

I get this error when booting the game on W7. Anyone know what to do?
>>
>>15174461
I feel you
>>
File: azusa.webm (2MB, 1644x924px) Image search: [Google]
azusa.webm
2MB, 1644x924px
PxC2 is doing things to my heart that are just not right. It's been a while since I felt the moe so deeply.
>>
>>15174637
Everything is perfect till you go to the dating part, then everything become dull with H-scene spam.
>>
>>15174768
Well, you can skip or fastread H-scenes.
Usually the first couple minutes have some character development and dialogue, and once the dick comes out it's skip time since it's the same moans for the next 5 minutes.
>>
>>15174254
>Hadler
Its because of him Iam suffering while reading 西暦2236年 demo. And no I can't buy it. The game is pretty good so I highly reccomaned buying it for those who can. and maybe upload it
>>
>>15174637
Its alright, much better than pxc1 but not as good as lxc1 and 2. Sensei was my favorite girl, I wish you couldve gone on a camping trip with her like the sensei in pxc1 though.
>>
>>15174808
> Sensei was my favorite girl
Not him, but she was ok. Did you check the sensei charcter in the new game purelyxcation? She is the best girl and the best sensei charcter in the cation series.
>>
>>15174866
I havent touched purelyxcation yet but im definitely going to check it out after im finished with what im currently reading. How is the kouhai in this game? I got Azusa vibes from what little ive seen of her.
>>
>>15174997
Yeah she Is similar to Azusa, but Azusa is much cuter for me. I like how Azusa is kinda emotionless but extremely polite in her messages, that gap killed me.
>>
>>15175062
Azusa is a miracle of the universe.
She also looks very similar to a girl I used to have a crush on, so she's giving me an extra-large heartboner.
>>
>>15174866
>best sensei character in the cation series

I wish I could stomach her VA.
>>
>>15175496
It doesnt fit her at all in my opinion.
>>
>>15175530
>>15175496
I think her voice did a pretty good job at showing that sensei is still not mature, young and inexperienced when dealing with males or as a teacher.
>>
Doing Mashiro's route in Aokana

Is it possible for this Hinata motherfucker to get any stupider? He seriously must be the most useless VN protagonist I've ever seen
>>
>>15174799
I would be happier if someone uploaded this
http://www.digiket.com/work/show/_data/ID=ITM0121587/
It's impossible to buy for me
>>
>>15174225
>Kastel fanboi
>>
>>15173951
>texthook: ITH / ITHVNR / VNR
>MT: ATLAS with errzotl's dictionary and translator aggregator
Still learning moon just so I can read VNs.. heh.
>>
>珊海王の円環 has a 47 on EGS and 4.99 on VNDB

Is Eushully dead?
>>
>>15176708
I think people are saying they have 1 chance left before they die.
>>
>>15176708
>>15164984
>>15165008
>>15165017
>>
>>15176708
It sold well, so they should have enough funds for one more attempt. It should be really damn good to regain users's trust, tho.
>>
Do you think Himawari will be uploaded after the sale ends? DLsite isn't accepting my debit card (I made an account before trying). I guess I could try to borrow someone else's credit card before the sale ends though if it's unlikely to be uploaded.
>>
>>15176794
Oh shit, is it not uploaded? I was ignoring the sale because I figure it would have been by now
>>
>>15176819
>Oh shit, is it not uploaded?
Nope. Unless I'm blind / not looking in the right places.
>>
>>15176854
this is the one you're trying to buy, correct?

http://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ009930
>>
>>15176854
Actually yeah, I'm blind. Haven't checked in a few days. I'll still have to get the card problem resolved though since games like SeaBed pop up every once in a while
>>
>>15176869
Yeah. That and SeaBed. It might just be because it's a debit card and not a credit card. Will probably have to contact the bank about it.
>>
>>15176881
my debit card works on it. you could try the roundabout way of using points.
>>
>>15176794
How is the new version different from the original?
>>
File: 2015-09-24-210319.jpg (135KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-24-210319.jpg
135KB, 960x544px
>>15176913
Port of the Vita version. Updated art, voices.
>>
File: yxc.png (8KB, 1055x58px) Image search: [Google]
yxc.png
8KB, 1055x58px
>>15176794
>>15176819
>>15176854
>>
>>15176920
nah dude. he's blind.
>>
>>15176920
Yep >>15176876
Nyaa was being fucky
>>
>>15176881
Debit works. You just need to register an account on DLsite for your card to work.
>>
>>15177007
I did. Might just be an issue with international payments with my bank/card if debit cards are supposed to work.
>>
>>15176708
They'll have the money for one more game but it has to be a good one that regains trust after two years of massive flops.

So go back to IM

Anything new will get shit sales but IM should be enough to still sell just like how Alicesoft at it's worse could still sell Rance
>>
>>15177188
>They'll have the money for one more game
And where does this meme come from? The way I see it, on technical level their games are getting better and better. Or did someone say that they will be dead for them if the next game gets a low score on EGS?
I like 珊海王の円環 though I wouldn't mind another IM either.
>>
>>15177719
Most of 2ch posters who bought game are absolutely disappointed by Sankai, they are not going to buy next game.
>>
>>15177027
You need to be using a proxy when paying, of course. But that goes without saying, right?
>>
>>15178030
No, you don't. DLSite accepts cards as is, and actually proxying away from country of bank that issued card would trigger anti-fraud.
>>
>>15178038
I bought stuff like two weeks and it didn't process the payment without a Japanese IP. Had to use a VPN.
>>
>>15172416
>Kotone perhaps less than others
I could actually see her playing a pretty major role in the plot, since whatever happened with the 呪壁 is probably important, and the 呪術 stuff in general seems fishy.
>>
>>15159103
It adds どきどき to my 心.
>>
>>15178090
Hmm, that's a good point. I kinda forgot about that.

People on bbspink are jokingly suggesting Kotone is the evil mastermind behind it all. Also that 小此木 will end being just a mid-tier badguy and that some heroines might die in others' routes.

The first thing I can see happening, the second, I wonder if August would go that far.
>>
>>15178205
>小此木 will end being just a mid-tier badguy
That's pretty obviously the case. Hell, I doubt the 仇討ち/再興 stuff is even the real plot.
>>
>>15174569
Did you launch it via Launcher.exe?
And did you replace Game.exe with cracked version?
>>
>>15177719
On technical level, pirates gameplay was complete trash.
The strategy part missed everything that could make a pirates themed game fun, most importantly the feeling of freedom to sail the vast open seas and pillage to your heart's content. Instead it's a desperate zone control and grab for resources right form the start, on a tiny map.
The battle part was a boring rock-paper-scissors, which wouldn't be so bad if you could actually tell your units which target to bloody attack, instead of just force moving them around and hoping they will latch on the right target. The way that units merge into a blob makes this 10 times worse. Whoever thought this would be fine should never be allowed to design gameplay ever again.
>>
So, is Island a kamige?
>>
>>15178357
> battle part was a boring rock-paper-scissors, which wouldn't be so bad if you could actually tell your units which target to bloody attack
You was playing it wrong.
Correct way: clear first dungeon ASAP to get "permit" and then use instant auto-combat, which turns it into pure battle of stats. Have higher def than enemy attack and you will never sustain any damage.
>>
>>15178429
Playing the game is playing it wrong? Stellar design.
>>
File: c.png (308KB, 482x494px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
308KB, 482x494px
How do you feel about Akari-chan's lewd tapestry for 4860円?
>>
>>15178469
Breasts aren't visible enough, too much of her legs are either off the tapestry or covered by her clothes
>>
>>15178490
But she's bound by a ribbon. Surely it has appeal to some people with taste for that.
>>
File: 000034.jpg (260KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
000034.jpg
260KB, 1280x720px
>>15178429
>Have higher def than enemy attack and you will never sustain any damage.
Haven't played the game yet but does it have the same system as Madou with every unit having their own elemental defence and attack? Also maybe sizes?

That wasn't so bad. I especially liked spirits there since they only took 1% dmg from physical(and people were saying monster creation/combining was useless)
>>
>>15178534
No elements. There are race type and size, but they aren't particularly relevant when you are 5-10 levels above.
>>
>>15178550
I see....
>aren't particularly relevant when you are 5-10 levels above
That doesn't sound very appealing.
>>
>>15178507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ht9MyJLT4
I can get into it.
But really, the binding doesn't seem that tight or restricting so those with a bondage fetish probably wouldn't care too much.
>>
>>15175779
You can pay with bitcoin dude
>>
Wow, I spotted not plot-driven homosexual male in Island
Good sales in the west confirmed~~
>>
>>15178939
He is a pretty great character, should have appeared more
>>
File: dds.jpg (157KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dds.jpg
157KB, 800x600px
Would it be a good idea to read France Shoujo?

I'd check old /jp/ discussions on Warosu, but it has to be down just when I want to see something.
>>
>>15178979
It's the longest visual novel ever written so I hope you have the time for it. I think it would be equivalent to 6 LOTR books? If not more.
>>
>>15178991
What I found suggests there's much of copypasted text among various endings. Realistically I'd probably read just few endings.
>>
>>15178979
It's pretty well written and has some really nice scenes, but don't expect to even come close to finishing it.
>>
>>15178979
I tried reading it, but the slow pace I could read it at killed the enjoyment for me. It uses tons of last century/archaic vocab, so expect do to an obscene amount of lookups/text hooking.
I'm still studying the language, but I read half a dozen moege and a few story games like Baldr Sky and Utawarerumono before it without problems, and it's definitely at least two steps up in terms of difficulty, and the vocab is hell as I said. It's fairly verbose too, expect half a page of detailed description of the wall's decoration and so on.
>>
>>15178991
How many lines?
>>
>>15179048
143,969 lines 5.5mb.
F/SN is 2/3 the size and I recall it having as more text than the LOTR trilogy which is where my 6 figure came from.
>>
>>15178991

5.5 LOTR books. 4.5 if you don't count copied/duplicated text. It's at least one of the longest "normally" released VNs. For example Monobeno Happy End with all additions may be longer, but that's obviously not the same.
>>
>>15178405
It's all ages.
>>
File: 678678455445.png (38KB, 1542x356px) Image search: [Google]
678678455445.png
38KB, 1542x356px
>>15179048
>>
>>15179162
Isn't going by line count a bit misleading? Angel Beats is 434217 lines (though that has a ton of endings/choices, so maybe that has a pretty high overall script size too)
>>
>>15179270
Meant to quote >>15179048 too
>>
>>15179270
>Isn't going by line count a bit misleading?
Sure, but it's pretty much the only thing we can go on since no one is going to count individual letters
>>
>>15179285
mb size is a much better way to judge it, you got an extreme example in that pic with Chusingura that only has so much lines because it keep spamming line breaks everywhere
>>
Not quite done with the trial but sen no hatou is 神ゲー for sure
>>
>>15179390
That's for moogy-sama to decide
>>
>>15178357
By technical level I mean things like graphics, small improvements to interface, full voices for all characters. Surely they wouldn't bother with those if they lacked money.
As for gameplay, I'll admit that not being able to tell your units which target to attack could be pretty frustrating, especially when you have some dangerous enemy units that you want to kill first, like those fucking catapults.

>>15178562
I don't know how he plays, but you're never going to be 5-10 levels above the enemy if you don't grind for it on purpose, in which case it's kinda silly to complain about the game being easy. On the other hand you can defeat much larger armies many levels above you with careful use of magic, formations and combining units to match their strengths and weaknesses. Though I guess it could use another append disk with an option to increase the difficulty level for consecutive playthroughs.
>>
>>15179505
The roguelike philosophy that I ascribe to is that if grinding is possible, then it's valid and there are no problems with victory gained by it. It's not his fault (potentially?) grinding and winning, it's the game's fault for permitting grinding in the first place. Studies in game design show that people will take the easiest route to victory, it's just rational. A good game will not allow the easiest route to be grinding, it will strive to make the easiest route be engaging the game "properly".
>>
>>15179525
Well, in that case I think pretty much all Eushully games "suffer" from that and you can't make it a fault of this particular one. If making it even easier by grinding is more fun to you, by all means enjoy. On the other hand you have people complaining on 2ch that ヘタレス dungeons don't give enough bonuses and the games are too hard, so the devs have to consider them too.
>>
>>15179564
Those are probably people playing for the VN element not the RPG element so it could be satisfied by a "RPG mode or VN mode" selector on the main screen. It's not really that grinding is fun, it's that in a strategy game the goal is to win and if grinding leads to winning then people will tend to do it as a matter of simple psychology.
>>
>>15177719
How is it a meme?

That's two years in a row that people have been disappointed with what Eushully has produced.
That is going to influence further sales as people will take their money elsewhere instead
>>
>>15179505
They don't lack money because despite being shit Kami no Rhapsody sold very well because most people either preorder or buy on release.

Next time after two consecutive flops people are going to be less willing to buy and Eushully are a one game a year company so are highly dependent on that one game selling well
>>
>>15179586
Like where? There aren't exactly many developers that make long, big budgeted porno RPG-VNs.
>>
>>15179636
I see a couple new rpgs every month on omochikaeri
Though not all are received well either of course. Sengo muramasa for example.
>>
>>15179636
Anyone else. Pirating is always an option after all. Plus Rance X will probably be out around the same time.
>>
>>15179525
How can you prevent grinding without completely restricting freedom of movement and simply directing the player from one prescripted battle to another? As long as the player can visit non-story related areas and battle optional monsters the grinding will always be possible, which in turn will make the main battles easier.
>>
>>15179901
>without completely restricting freedom of movement and simply directing the player from one prescripted battle to another
How would removing grinding do that? The only difference would be that in between different battles you don't spend time repetitiously killing monsters.

Either way, one can keep optional monsters and still prevent grinding. I haven't played Pirates so I don't know exactly how it works, but I can't imagine that simple algorithms to lower exp wouldn't handily solve things. Assuming the strategic element is competent enough such that you can still win without grinding.
>>
>>15179931

Pretty much all rpgs have that though. You need x exp to level up, then you need x+y exp. It always raises so you can't grind to absurd levels.

The only way to really prevent "grinding" is by essentially making the rpg element redundant (enemies level with you, or you are essentially always "max" level as exp rewards become close to 0 once you are the correct level), or are part of "limited resources" roguelikes. Limited resources are things like limited healing, weapons and so on, usually combined with a good amount of rng. Limited amount of enemies doesn't qualify though. That actually makes exp useless again, provided it's traditional and isn't used to "skill" your character.

Balancing an rpg well isn't easy. But technically it can be done to allow decent ranges of grinding and still offer a decent challenge, though it'll obviously be easier. But that's fine in my book.
>>
>>15179931
>How would removing grinding do that?
It's the opposite, by restricting the freedom of which areas the player can visit and which and how many battles he can fight you're making the grinding impossible.

>I can't imagine that simple algorithms to lower exp wouldn't handily solve things
Okay, let's assume you lower exp and loot gains the more similar monsters the player beats in some area. The grinding is still possible, it's just the player will grind as long as he receives enough exp/loot. Also assuming the battles are random encounters, they can easily turn into tedious and boring tasks without any reward if the player doesn't clear the area as fast as the game designer hoped for some reason.
>one can keep optional monsters and still prevent grinding
Let's assume that if the player follows the main story line and ignores all side quests and optional monsters he can reach some big boss as level 10 character; and if he does all side quests and optional monsters he will face the same boss as level 15 character. Now, what level should the big boss be designed for? If you make it challenging for level 10, then level 15 character will most likely have little problems with him and so it can count as grinding, and if you make it challenging for level 15 then level 10 can't beat it and optional monsters are no longer so optional anymore. For a story-driven game the former approach should be better because then the people who just want to follow the story can do so, while those who enjoy raising the characters can still do so too. Another option is scaling the power of the boss with player's level, but then the optional monsters become a bit pointless because there's no point in beating them if you aren't getting stronger relative to other monsters/bosses.
>>
>>15180144
>if he does all side quests and optional monsters
Would that be considered grinding though? I don't think side quests and optional content is grinding, it's repeating the optional content over and over that's grinding.
>>
>>15169787
>>15169794
I'll still probably give it a try since it's Izumi Banya. But I don't know how well this will sell.
>>
File: 1460527439520.png (6KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460527439520.png
6KB, 400x300px
God I hate japanese humility
>>
what is the best program for mounting iso?
>>
>>15180457
I use daemontools lite
>>
>>15180457
Use the one built into Windows.
>>
>>15179505
> you're never going to be 5-10 levels above the enemy
You can get 500 exp (=5 levelups) at once if you beat higher than yours level mob. You can do 4 runs of one dungeon at one turn per one unit with certain units (angels are my favorite, 4 moves, flying, very strong). It takes literally 2 turns to reach level 20 and that already puts you above all other factions, they all are in 12-15 levels range and never levelup properly.
>grind for it on purpose
When I was grinding on purpose, my angel squads became all level 99 in no time. One squad could beat almost all superbosses on their own. Opponent pirates had not even slightest chance in both manual and instant modes.
>>
>>15179901>>15179931
They already tried "no grinding" stuff with Rhapsody, when there were no levels or exp, just fixed stat/skill raising orbs you had to spend between characters. It made game much less fun than it would be otherwise.
>>
>>15180747
Buying units from loli merchant is expensive as fuck. By the time I have enough gold I would have already defeated all factions (~30-35 turns), so it's either clearing the dungeons and hunting for bosses or going straight to the bottom time.
>>
>>15180757
There's different kinds of "no grinding"
In that case it doesn't let you grind. But for rpgs the optimal strategy is often to let you grind, but make it so that if you don't grind at all everything is approximately the right difficulty.
So you get a choice like
1) Skip optional missions and go straight through the game. Bosses are beatable but may require deceent skill/knowledge/item usage. Basically, progressing straight through the game = hard mode
2) Do side missions but don't grind at all. Hard bosses may take a couple tries, and it is possible to mess up and die if you aren't careful, but experienced gamers will have no problem
3) Grind. Everything becomes laughably easy for a bit, but after progressing a couple areas it will even out and you may need to grind a bit again on higher xp monsters.

And this is of course
>>
>>15180897
If grinding is that effective then your game is poorly designed plain and simple (excluding autists who would grind 1exp mobs for weeks to level up).
>>
>>15166368

I'd say that COMPELLING CONTENT is more important than how many words you need to look up. Basically nothing is going to just be "relax and read" until you have like 10k vocabulary under your belt. If you like moege, great. If you don't like moege, that's definitely a poor choice for reading material. And you know, you'll pick up on the genre-specific vocab as you read, just like you're picking up on the basic shit that you don't know.

>language course

This is the world's slowest way to learn a foreign language, and it ends off after four years at a level that might let you read certain moege without stopping too often.

Assuming that we're talking about the university system, of course. Dedicated language schools are much better, but still not as great as a self-driven language immersion strategy.
>>
>>15180959
IS how effective? It's a good thing if it is effective to some level, because it lets you adjust the difficulty through "training" and part of the fun of RPGs is seeing your character get more powerful with respect to certain enemies. If your strength is completely controlled at all parts of the game it breaks that illusion. Why do you think nobody was happy with the enemy leveling system in oblivion?
>>
>>15181009
It's better to have your strength grow in meaningful ways (be it inside or outside the game world), than to repetitively kill enemies and just grow stronger through magic nonsense. I really don't see how there can be any debate about this. The same people who enjoy grinding are those who would probably enjoy the hell out of those cookie clicker type games. It has no place in good game design.
>>
>>15181062
It's a different type of game dude. Like for a similar thing yeah obviously having dense well thought out levels is better but sometimes it's worth it to sacrifice quality of level design in order to have a game that is more than 15 minutes long. I'm not gonna go around saying every game but Braid has terrible level design. Level up systems offer an easy way for the gameplay to change consistently without having to develop 50 different super unique weapons each of which is hidden behind a super interesting puzzle.
>>
>level ups = grinding

Grinding refers specifically to staying in one area and killing fodder enemies repeatedly to gain experience and/or items. It doesn't refer to fighting enemies as you go through the level normally. Basically every genre that has fighting requires you to do the latter.

And from the perspective of in-universe logic, what's happening is right in the name: experience points.
>>
>>15181129
There are many ways to have engaging level up systems and whatnot without grinding, I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>15181062
>repetitively kill enemies and just grow stronger through magic nonsense
So you mean RPGs with leveling? Because there's obviously many of those games and lots of people enjoy them.
>>
>>15181205
Pretty much any level up system will allow grinding in some way. It's unavoidable unless you do something like limit the amount of enemies the player can fight. You just seem to dislike RPGs.
>>
>>15181209
Key word "repetitively". I was referring to killing the same guys over and over and over.
>lots of people enjoy them.
See cookie clicker.
>>15181256
There are many ways to avoid it. I like RPGs but grinding is always bad game design, there is no debate about that.
>>
>>15181267
>There are many ways to avoid it.
Like what?
>>
>>15181267
>There are many ways to avoid it. I like RPGs but grinding is always bad game design, there is no debate about that.

I don't think you understand the conversation. Grinding is not game design at all. It is not the game designers who grind, it is the player. Requiring grinding is bad game design, but allowing it is not. Most people will skip it, but some people who have trouble can utilize it to get an advantage. If you don't like that you may as well argue that having any difficulty setting besides the hardest is bad game design.
>>
>>15181267
What about cookie cutter? If lots of people enjoy it why is it bad game design?
And "killing the same guys over and over" describes MMORPGs perfectly.
>>
>>15181271
Hard level cap like in Memoria, rapid decrease of exp you get from lower level enemies and so on.
>>
>>15181281
Some people even enjoy it.
>>
>>15181271
I mentioned roguelikes earlier, they are easily the best examples of complex, well made RPGs in which grinding is impossible.
>>15181281
>It is not the game designers who grind, it is the player.
It is the game design which allows players to grind, and that's a problem, for reasons I've mentioned many times. Difficulty settings are archaic. I mentioned a "VN mode vs RPG mode", that would be ideal. A mode where the gameplay is super easy for those looking for a VN, and an RPG mode where the game is well designed and without grinding for people looking for a game.
>>15181283
I said cookie clicker.
>>15181312
See: Cookie clicker.
>>
>>15181334
>I mentioned a "VN mode vs RPG mode", that would be ideal. A mode where the gameplay is super easy for those looking for a VN, and an RPG mode where the game is well designed and without grinding for people looking for a game.
Funny part: older Eushully games like Genrin2 had this feature. Its truly puzzling how company keeps evolving from correct, worshipped by users designs to complete garbage. And you can't write it off on new staff not knowing how to do shit, sankai was designed by their veterans.
>>
File: 542.jpg (373KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
542.jpg
373KB, 1280x720px
>>15181291
Memoria had a level cap? Even without grinding it was too easy if you don't jack the difficulty to the max and you could farm those godly evade rings from gold potatoes and reach like 90-95% evade which made the game a breeze on any difficulty.
>>
>>15181334
I see cookie clicker and I see no problem. If people enjoy it, it seems like good game design to me.
>>
>>15181377
>Memoria had a level cap?
Yes, it did.
You could raise characters only up to specific level for every specific point of story.
200 is NG+, you can't reach it in first playthrough at all.
>>
>>15181384
>If people enjoy it, it seems like good game design to me.
My point was precisely that people will enjoy mundane, boring bullshit such as Cookie Clicker, and therefore defending grinding with "some people like it" is not a good argument as to whether it's good design. People enjoy anything as long as numbers go up. When it comes to strategy RPGs, game design that leans less towards strategy and more towards Cookie Clicker, then that's bad game design in my opinion, plain and simple.
>>
>>15181281
I only hate grinding when it's absolutely necessary. I managed to play a majority of the game underleveled in Evenicle but when the last boss came I pretty much had no choice but to hold ctrl and run in circles.
>>
File: 107.jpg (283KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
283KB, 1280x720px
>>15181397
Well, I guess I never reached the level cap and it was still easy barring a few bosses during the early parts of the game. This fucker especially.
>>
>>15181334
Roguelikes are fucking boring as hell. Maybe you should see a therapist so you don't care so much about what other people enjoy.
>>
>>15181465
Roguelikes are pure RPGs. If you don't like them, then you don't like RPGs so much as you like cookie clicker skinner boxes. Or, you play for the story, which is fine, we are in a VN thread after all, just don't comment on game design.
>>
>>15181477
Figures that you would bring up Autism: The Genre as your idea of good game design.
>>
>>15181491
They have accomplished near-perfect RPG gameplay with no grinding. They're a beacon of good design. Seems like you aren't interested in a discussion about that though, so I'll leave you to your name calling.
>>
>>15181420
The last boss annoyed me because it felt pure rng, if he hit you with the buffed aoe you instalose so you have to just hope every time he buffs himself you get a turn before his next attack to cancel the buff.
In general the gameplay in Evenicle was fantastic though.
>>
File: capture_238_06052016_024755.jpg (640KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
capture_238_06052016_024755.jpg
640KB, 1280x720px
Finished Island. That fucking true route, holy shit. I liked how there was a good end for young Rinne as well, worked a bit like a "false" true route, though in retrospect the incest implications are pretty horrible.

Sometimes the game was a bit long-winded with SoL or other stuff, especially the Never Island part made me wonder what was the point of many scenes, since it's painfully obvious Rinne and the protagonist are building a time machine without knowing, yet the writer used the amnesia card again and made the characters do mostly irrelevant shit. However, I really liked how some particular scenes (like Sara and Karen's deaths) connected to true route revelations about the origins of the legend. Also, one other criticism that I also had for Himawari is that the plot and much of the drama relied on the protagonist being hetare while not being very inquisitive about seeking answers to his past or other mysteries, which felt annoying at times.

Overall I'd say my favorite parts were the common route, Rinne's route ending and the Never Island continuation reveal, and later true route.
>>
>>15181499
Well since roguelikes are shit maybe you're just saying that good design and RPGs are incompatible.
>>
>>15181403
But you're just saying you think grinding is mundane and boring so it's bad game design. That's not a good argument either.
>>
>>15181499
Good design == games that a fun to play.
Roguelikes are not fun to play => they are badly designed.
Q.E.D.
>>
>>15181499
>They have accomplished near-perfect RPG gameplay with no grinding.
Someone has never played Elona
>>
When will tenco announce something new?
>>
>>15181523
Speaking a bit broadly here, but here goes:
Grinding doesn't interact meaningfully with game mechanics. In a strategy game, grinding means you don't learn the strategy. In JRPGs, it means you don't learn fighting styles. You just grind and win through force. It's bad game design because of that. It can be a minor evil if it's used to complement the mechanics, but that is rarely the case. Therefore, it is bad design in such strategy games and RPGs that have game mechanics.
Grinding is only good designs in systems such as those in certain MMORPGs and idle games (cookie clicker) which are built around not game mechanics but rather the raw numbers. In that case grinding is good design because it's what the game is about.

JRPGs and Strategy games are not (generally) about grounding. They're about strategy and complex combat. What grinding does in these games is serve as a simplistic means to build characters. However, as it does not interact meaningfully with the game mechanics, it is bad. Building characters through playing the game meaningfully is far superior design. An analogy is this: In an RTS, which is better design: Facing the same AI over and over until you develop a strategy to win, or facing the same AI over and over until you beat it simply due to being a higher level without engaging the strategy mechanics at all. Clearly, the only ones who would prefer option 2 are those looking for cookie clicker style gameplay.
>>15181529
>Good design == games that a fun to play.
This statement is too reductive to be meaningful. And I wonder if people who grind actually have fun, or if they are just dully content.
>>
>>15181503
Yeah, his second form also did the same shit except worse; if he had 2 turns in a row chances are he'd buff and use that multibite attack to wipe your whole party from full health in one turn. It wasn't really that difficult as it was just random and kinda sucked as a final boss battle IMO.
>>
>>15181579
Honestly most RPGS, like say Final Fantasy, are not really about complex mechanics. The mechanics are quite simple and there is rarely more of a strategy than "Use your best skill that has the element they are weak to" and "Kill the low health target first". The leveling up, collecting items, and exploring IS the gameplay. The battles themselves are just a way to show your progress.
>>
>>15181579
>Grinding doesn't interact meaningfully with game mechanics.
Grinding IS a part of the game mechanics.

Grinding is a way to learn the strategy and a way to continue to give yourself a challenge. There's always some kind of experience curve or adjustment so that you gain more experience from killing things higher than your level. Of course you need to have a good grasp of the game's "fighting styles" or whatever in order to beat those battles because those are strong monsters or maybe even stronger than you.

It may be possible to just fight weak enemies over and over again to accumulate experience so you can force a win against something much harder, but no one does that. Like someone else mentioned, players go the path of least resistance (or least amount of time required) and that would be to actually learn the game mechanics. Grinding low level enemies to get stronger would take way more time than learning the game.

Tl;dr: Grinding uses strategy and the game’s mechanics too.

And your analogy sucks. A better way to say the grinding part would be: Facing many monsters that get stronger in succession so you have to improve your strategy every win.
>>
>>15181795
I think it's pretty clear we have different concepts of grinding.
>>15181787
>most rpgs
Games such as you describe are mainly relegated to Dragon Quest clones which were by nature excessively simplified interpretations of D&D. Indeed, games designed for mass appeal particularly to children did not have complex RPG gameplay and focused on other factors. However, that is not reflective of good design in RPG so much as it does a popular design for people who don't play RPGs.
>>
>>15181830
Really though if you care so much about the game design being skill based you shouldn't be playing RPGs at all, or stick to ones with some level of mechanical skill like paper mario types.

Without mechanical skill RPGs either are easy, allow grinding, or force difficulty by something like permadeath or overly complicated mechanics.
>>
>>15181886
>skill
As far as I know, I haven't mentioned skill, I've been talking about interacting with the game mechanics. Furthermore, permadeath isn't "forced difficulty". If you die you lose. The difficulty of the game doesn't change at all, you just have to try again if you lose. The only thing permadeath changes (in roguelikes) is that you can't savescum to revert poor decisions, which forces you to learn the game to win rather than savescumming. "Overly complicated mechanics" is not a very meaningful statement as far I'm concerned.
>>
File: sp01_01.png (78KB, 800x350px) Image search: [Google]
sp01_01.png
78KB, 800x350px
I had no idea. もうすぐ夏休み is one of my favorite nukige and a sequel after 10 years sure is nice.
>>
>>15181915
Reverting hours and hours of gameplay due to one mistake is as "forced difficulty" as you can get. If you want to disagree then get back to me when you've beaten IWBTG without saves.
>>
>>15181958
>reverting
It's not reverted any more than it is if you win. The experience remains, your memories of what works and what doesn't.

The difference between IWBTG and roguelikes is obvious, but even if their gameplay was similar... your analogy would be meaningless, because removing saves from IWBTG *doesn't* make the game harder, it makes it more tedious. Tedious. Not harder. Every obstacle is just as hard with or without saves. Completing them just becomes more tedious. Roguelikes, however, do not become tedious with permadeath. The world is randomly generated so you are always in different positions with different items and stats (though early game often follows a common pattern, it doesn't last long). The challenges you face will be different, and therefore it is not tedious, unlike IWBTG which has the exact same challenges every time. Not to mention that the challenges in roguelikes are "intellectual" ones, whereas IWBTG is pure mechanical still. Furthermore, most roguelikes have a large number of classes to choose from, and in for example DCSS you have 20+ races and classes to choose from, so even if you die, you can start a new game with an entirely different style of play.
>>
>>15181989
Sorry dude all I can see is
>It's what I like so it's not tedious
>>
>>15181499
I don't know how you can think roguelikes are good game design.

They rely way too heavily on the random number generator to create artificial difficulty. It’s possible to lose even if you’re a pro at the game just because the RNG gave you a bad combination of drops, monsters, map, or whatever. Your skill in probability management becomes more important than your skill with the actual game mechanics.

They’re also bad as a ROLE PLAYING game due to permadeath. It is hard to get emotionally attached to your character because due to the roguelike style of gameplay, your character will die many, many times and it becomes “just another time”.
>>
>>15182009
I explained how IWBTG challenges stay the same whereas roguelikes are randomly generated, so it's certainly not a question of what I like. Repeating the same challenge is tedious, doing different challenges is not. That's not a wild statement. Of course you can say you don't like roguelikes and that's fine but to critique their design is another story.
>>15182017
All the "famous" big name roguelikes can be regularly won by experienced players, namely DCSS, Nethack, Brogue, etc. As for being "bad as roleplaying game", permadeath is even in the rules of the original D&D so you clearly do not know what you're talking about.
>>
itt: /v/ argues with one 40 year old
>>
Guess I can read
Sakura no uta's OP now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulhuIXQJBXU
>>
>>15182048
Why is repeating a completely fair and skill based challenge until you get good at it tedious? I thought that was exactly what you wanted: requiring skill to get past instead of letting you just try until you get a good RNG start.
It's not like getting killed in strange ways and then learning "I guess I shouldn't try to clear out the space spiders" is particularly intellectual either.
>>
>>15182048
>All the "famous" big name roguelikes can be regularly won by experienced players, namely DCSS, Nethack, Brogue, etc
The experienced players regularly die too. The point is skill cannot help you win 100% of your games because luck plays a large part.

>permadeath is even in the rules of the original D&D so you clearly do not know what you're talking about.
You're right, I meant to say the frequency of deaths.
>>
>>15182065
big bro?
>>
>>15182087
Because you are repeating the same challenge. I think I've said that three times now. You actually don't need a good RNG start as early game is always balanced to be easy, it's late-game where things get tough.
>>15182100
A game can be well designed and still have players lose. And again, it's not "skill" it's experience and knowledge of the game mechanics. Luck is part of the game but it is in every RPG - what RPG *doesn't* determine damage done and hit chance etc through RNG? If you are experienced, luck will impact your win or loss insignificantly. It's almost always due to player error that one loses. And, that's fine. Losing to error, or even at times bad luck, is fine. Much like missing attacks in Final Fantasy and getting hit with many hard attacks is fine.
>I meant to say the frequency of deaths.
It's really freakin' easy to die in D&D. So yeah. I still don't really get what your point is though, while you personally may not enjoy a supposed lack of emotional attachment, that doesn't reflect any poor game design.
>>
File: 13972607091.png (175KB, 668x2195px) Image search: [Google]
13972607091.png
175KB, 668x2195px
>>15182121
>>15182121
I think you mean papa
>>
>>15182126
The problem with luck in roguelikes is that it is way too important.

Missing a few hits in a non-roguelike RPG doesn't matter because it will rarely affect the outcome of the game. You usually can make up for it using items or just revive and redo the battle.
But in roguelikes the RNG is more than just calculating the hits. It calculates the map, the monsters, the items near you, etc.. Knowledge of the game mechanics takes second place to probability management.

The point of frequency of deaths is that it is hard to get attached to the character when you die and have to start over all the time. It's not a problem in D&D because you don't die as many times there. When did you ever start 10+ new games of D&D in a few hours?
>>
>>15182177
Someone has won 18 games of DCSS in a row. That's about all I need to say. However, I will say more. The developers of these roguelikes are aware of the fact the whole game is randomly generated and thus the game is balanced for it. That's about all there is to sya on the matter. You are wrong about relying on probability more than game mechanics- just watch an amateur relying on luck ignoring mechanics lose hundreds of times, as a knowledgeable player progresses steadily.
>When did you ever start 10+ new games of D&D in a few hours?
In early editions of D&D if you played by the rules (and didn't spend ours walking around a town) then you very well would die so fast you need to start 10+ new games in a few hours. D&D is often played in mini adventures rather than the sprawling month-long epics you're probably imagining from /tg/ greentexts. And, anyway, what I'm saying is that your emotional attachment doesn't mean much, it's not a significant part of the game. If you head into a roguelike expecting significant emotional attachment then it's no wonder you didn't enjoy it, that's not what the games are about. That said, many people defy your words and DO get emotionally attached to their characters. Look at all the YASD stories for roguelikes.
>>
>>15182243
>Someone has won 18 games of DCSS in a row.
I'm sure there's a pro out there that has lost 18 games of it in a row too due to bad luck.

>[...] as a knowledgeable player progresses steadily.
..unless the RNG decides to throw some silly combination at them and they die.

> Look at all the YASD stories
This here just proves my point about luck being more important than knowledge about game mechanics. That's why they call it 'yet another STUPID death,' right?

And I don't see what's wrong from wanting to expect emotional attachment to your characters in a ROLE PLAYING game.
>>
>>15182323
This post basically says to me you haven't gotten past the early game of roguelikes and have no idea how balanced they are.
>This here just proves my point about luck being more important than knowledge about game mechanics. That's why they call it 'yet another STUPID death,' right?
They are calling themselves stupid. I was an avoidable death, but they didn't avoid it. Therefore, stupid.
>in a ROLE PLAYING game.
Genetic fallacy. Not all RPGs are bound to the role playing philosophy of DND just because they inherited the name. Roguelikes emphasize gameplay above all else. Seeking anything else in them is your fault, not a fault in the game design.
>>
File: 1437349911454.png (790KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1437349911454.png
790KB, 792x792px
No blood related sister route
>>
>>15182641
ebin /a/ meme dood
>>
Damn, Sumire in PxC is so soft-spoken that I can hardly hear her. Cute though.
>>
someone make a new thread please
>>
>>15182912
Not even page 10.
>>
>>15182919
He's a long term shitposter. He's just been on a break recently.
>>
Gonna need a new thread lads
>>
>>15181938
Yeah I've thought that Complet's were dead for real after まめ had left them.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>15183483
>>15183483
>>15183483
Thread posts: 538
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.