[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carpal tunnel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1502733416666.jpg (543KB, 1011x2220px) Image search: [Google]
1502733416666.jpg
543KB, 1011x2220px
So, I've been drawing for like a year now like 4 hours a day and recently I wanted to test the 12 hour meme to see if it really worked. In the end, I was able to draw for 12 hours but it resulted in carpal tunnel. Mind you I was taking frequent breaks(every 30 min-hour) but it still didn't matter. I suddenly felt this extreme pain in my ring finger and when I went to the doctor, they diagnosed me with carpal tunnel. This is a warning for any beginner who wants to attempt anything this risky. Don't do it.
>>
>>3105744
>trying to stop others from making it this bad
At least post your work
>>
>>3105744
>drawing from the wrist
>>
>>3105744
>drawing for 12 hours a day
how chinese are you to develop such an unhealthy work ethic
>>
>>3105744

You need year of pratice to draw 12 hours, OP.

Drawing is like yoga.
>>
>>3105780

Pls stop talking you sound dumb as fuck.
Drawing is drawing, stop making up weird ass platitudes
>>
>>3105752
What does my work have to do with anything. I'm not trying to deter anyone my ring finger is hurting right now as I type >>3105754
I draw on tablet so yes I use my fucking wrist. What's up with this stupid meme? >>3105780
Can you fucking read? I just told you, I drew for a year
>>
>>3105744
>resulted in carpal tunnel

it's not. it's tendonitis with 99% certainty. i was drawing 8-12 hours a day every day from late 2012 until around mid 2015. ruined my physique, neck, eyesight, friendships, family relationships, shoulders, ab muscles (have diastasis recti from sitting so much), and literally my entire life exploded but i am a freelance artist now.

i had a period of tendonitis that i misdiagnosed as carpal tunnel and did research. carpal tunnel is quite severe and one can not just randomly get it, its down to physiological conditions that have to be present (a narrow carpal tunnel, duh) and which would have made itself known before you having issues.

put percussion hand stretches into youtube and do them every 60 minutes of drawing. do them every day, make them part of your routine. will fix your tendonitis in a couple of days.
>>
I'm trying to draw from my shoulder and my whole arm is getting tired pretty fast. Will this go away or am I literally too weak to make it
>>
>>3106404
Get some exercise anon. Just a few sets of pushups every couple days does wonders.
I started going to the gym regularly and it helps a ton with art. Makes me feel better and my hands are less shaky, so I'm more productive. The time lost going to the gym is made up 3 fold in efficiency and quality gains. Poor mental and physical states are no good for art. Diet and exercise help more than you might think.
>>
>>3106416
I already do that though. It's weird like I'm drawing on my easel with my arm outstretched and It just starts hurting.
>>
File: 71hpH+XkxFL._SL1500_.jpg (184KB, 1500x1212px) Image search: [Google]
71hpH+XkxFL._SL1500_.jpg
184KB, 1500x1212px
>>3106417
have you tried these? you put them on your pencil/pen/brush and the increased circumference means less strain on your hand and arm. I think they fit over digital styluses, too. They helped me recover from tendinitis and I haven't had problems since using them.
>>
File: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg (75KB, 1844x587px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg
75KB, 1844x587px
>I've been drawing for like a year now like 4 hours a day and recently
>12 hour meme
OP doesn't even draw.
>>
>>3105744
Get >>>/fit/ son.
>>
File: Ryan-Gosling-Laughing.gif (659KB, 271x223px) Image search: [Google]
Ryan-Gosling-Laughing.gif
659KB, 271x223px
>>3105744
>I've been running three miles every day for a while so I thought I could do a marathon
This is how dumb you sound
>>
>>3106472
Your analogy is dumb. For one thing, a marathon is 26 miles, not 12 miles. And second, running requires a lot more physical strength than drawing. Hence why someone as old as villipu can still draw at a very high level but that wouldn't be the case if he was an athlete.
>>
>>3105798
It's not a meme, drawing from your wrist is actually bad for you.

I mean I'm still doing it because it's core comfortable this way, but desu a bit scared.
>>
You're right OP, a normal-length work day should be enough 90% of the time, unless you're really in the crunch time of a project, in which case you might have to risk carpal tunnel problems.
For what it's worth, the gay little stretches do help a bit http://floobynooby.blogspot.ie/2015/07/animators-guide-to-health-and-wellness.html?m=1
>>
>>3106493
fucking I forgot this site turn t b h into desu
>>
>>3106441
Get thicker ones than these. I've always had wrist problems(doctors can't decide on carpal tunnel, tendonitis or trigger finger) and when I started working at a tattoo shop the vibrations were killing me worse than ever. It's weird to get used to but it helps a fuck ton.

You can DIY your own but oils from your hands make tape, gauze, etc pretty nasty fast.

>>3106496
And this. I hate doing them but they help. I ended up at physical therapy for awhile but they weren't doing anything I couldn't do at home besides customizing a wrist brace for me.
>>
File: 1500689051385.png (559KB, 775x775px) Image search: [Google]
1500689051385.png
559KB, 775x775px
>>3106496
>normal-length work day should be enough 90% of the time
Even 2 hours per day is enough. Monitor can hurt your eyes too.
And don't use keyboard on PC because of carpal tunnel risk. Drawing is dangerous as fuck. Three of my friends died from heart attack because they draw too much
>>
>>3105744
s-sauce!
>>
File: squad.jpg (47KB, 480x410px) Image search: [Google]
squad.jpg
47KB, 480x410px
It's the biggest meme in this community
imo it's another way of erasing opponents

doesn't really matter how long you draw per day if you are not thinking on it,really thinking or if you are working on a shitty idea.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.