[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IC/ Counseling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

File: a.jpg (22KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
22KB, 500x400px
this thread is dedicated to make you feel better and advice for your art related shenanigans. i will reply to all your post(s) in the meantime.

>>try to be nice to others
>>
>>3071742
counseling is for pussies
>>
>>3071742
every once in awhile anon's will post threads related to art depression or frustration or discussing about why certain artists "make it" those and also this thread goes to show that a lot of /ic/ are just bitter jealous faggots, pathetic.
>>
>>3071748
do what you do

>>3071751
i don't consider myself jealous towards anything or anyone if you're implying that i am but, thanks for the bump
>>
>>3071752
lmao i just reverse google translated your name and it says " bait thread for retards"
>>
>>3071760
do what you do
>>
>>3071748
Agreed, if you feel down go fap and try again.
>>
>>3071760
it says counselor tho
>>
File: IMG_0859.jpg (51KB, 1538x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0859.jpg
51KB, 1538x454px
>>3071760
Really makes you think
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 182x56px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 182x56px
>>3071771
really makes you think.
>>
>>3071772
Really makes your noggen go jogging
>>
File: IMG_0861.jpg (8KB, 182x56px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0861.jpg
8KB, 182x56px
>>3071775
>>
>>3071766
that possibly could be a solution for someone or people

>>3071767
>>3071771
>>3071772
i would love to stay for hours upon hours but, i must go for now. i will be back sooner than what the time is right now. have a good one ic/
>>
>>3071742
Is /ic/ mostly made up of dumb kids or terrible people?
>>
>>3071781
Definitely dumb kids like OP
>>
>>3071742
Are you that bitch from the /ic/ discord, z-chan or whatever
>>
File: 1497703965532.jpg (254KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1497703965532.jpg
254KB, 666x666px
so my boy's ex girlfriend is an exec at my college's art club and we're not on good terms. i think i'm unable to join the club and """"""borrow"""""" their statues and skulls. i'm planning to go out in a bit and get some pens, pencils, and probably actually buy a skull but where should i go to acquire a bust for a very low price? also i called all the art kids in high school braindead tards or equally insulting things so i'm not on good terms with any of those guys.
>>
>>3072166
also i think i may or may not have slurred similar insults to people i knew who were going to art college so i have literally no connections.
>>
>>3071742

You know its funny
they have art therapy but not therapy for artists

i hope to excel in this field one day
"yes but how does drawing the futa make you feel?"
>>
File: 1432085332654.jpg (79KB, 523x468px) Image search: [Google]
1432085332654.jpg
79KB, 523x468px
>>3071742
I'm so scared to post my work openly I just want friends who draw that I can send my stuff to get a quick opinion
but everyone I add gives off a "I don't know you don't talk to me" feeling
>>
>>3072166
>>3072169
Fuck those people, continue doing what you're doing. If people get offended then they're just sensitive pussies!! LOL! You dnt need no skull. just use photo reference.
>>
>>3072507
i'd like a 3d object so i can learn values. drawing and studying a skull will help me better understand facial construction and anatomy. also i want to meet better artists and hear how they improved and absorb their knowledge.
>>
>>3072419
and ironically art therapy probably will be the most useless for artists.
>>
>>3071781
it's a possibility waiting to be uncovered
>>3071785
what i'm i lacking?
>>3071818
no, who is z-chan?
>>3072166
>>3072507
>>3072512
what he said but, if there is a chance to change the way how people feel about you and gaining connection(s), proceed if necessary to your goals of being an artist
>>3072419
funny haha
>>3072520
probably
>>
>>3071742
>feel better
slave mentality
>>
File: taisen.jpg (40KB, 464x343px) Image search: [Google]
taisen.jpg
40KB, 464x343px
19 and about to go to college, and ive basically stagnated all throughout highschool.
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/iwantafuckinggf

I cant post my work anywhere without being told to kill myself. I dont know what to do. I wanted to make comic one day as good as (pic). But, its times like these that drawing really does seem like a talent. I just dont see a point in drawing anymore if im not even going to make it, and its really bad since ive been lurking /ic/ since 2014. I basically ignore any comment that says, "stop drawing that. And copy figure drawing for all its worth 20 times", because i literally been there and done that, and it didnt help with drawing at all. And im also just generally scared about balancing out my life. College is my only chance to get straight A's, become a chad, and get a wife. but at the same time, i could spend all that time drawing, have a 3.0 gpa, and become an accountant.
>>
>>3073177
>throughout highschool.
>https://www.tumblr.com/blog/iwantafuckinggf
>I cant post my work anywhere without being told to kill myself. I dont kn

I have an advice for you. Start drawing cubes and spheres first
>>
>>3073077
>If you feel good you're a slave. PAIN AND EDGE IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE BETTER. REEEEEEE
>>
File: FullSizeR (3).jpg (549KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeR (3).jpg
549KB, 2048x1536px
For the elephant in the room: Drugs and creativity;

In my experience having taking almost every drug and supplement I have reached the following conclusions:

1) Most supplements targeted at normal people and touted as "beneficial at some level so why NOT take it ?" is significantly useless for art purposes a la fish oil.

2) There are 4 OTC supplements that contradict #1, MSM, Lutein+Zeax, Hyaluronic Acid and Creatine.
MSM = your tendons rely on this and your wrists will thank you
Hyaluronic Acid = joint and eye lubrication
Lutein+zeax = ive taken this and just bam, crisp details, your eyes will feel young as fuck.
Creatine - You suddenly have the energy resources (ATP) to draw every fucking brick in a building in detail and perspective. Improves your ability to commit to a single intricate drawing instead of jumping from doodle to doodle.

3) 99% of the time a drug will boost your creativity in that it causes you to think in a different way than usual. HOWEVER any drug makes you weirder by said logic. Therefore everyone in your life will notice and try to help you, thus distracting you and taking time away from actual drawing.
If you want to draw in peace, you need to appear as normal and not give off weird vibes.

4) The only prescribed medicine given to me by a psychiatrist that hindered my art was the anti-psychotic Abilify. I'm not saying schizophrenia is good for art productivity but I noticed it just took my art_ambitions.txt and deleted it. All Ambition to be great requires a small bit of delusional thinking.
Prozac and Lithium were neutral towards art, and only affected my normal life.

5) I know smoking cigarettes is aesthetic as fuck, but in my experience, once you quit smoking you will draw more. Chantix helps deal with the hard parts of quitting nicotine, and art will help you fill the "I'm bored" time you normally fill with cigarettes.
>>
File: DHS5796_771_0.jpg (56KB, 771x976px) Image search: [Google]
DHS5796_771_0.jpg
56KB, 771x976px
>>3073297

Before I forget:

6)Adderall and Amphetamines
I hate to admit this but fuck, let us call adderall what it is, a necessary evil, but not for the reasons you would be led to believe.
In my experience, Adderall will not give you any increase in drawing ability (thank god) but what it does do, is help with all the supplementary factors of art. For example:

>pic related
>"For the Love of God" ~ Damien Hirst
>2007
>Platinum, diamonds and human teeth
>Platinum, diamonds and human teeth for fucks sake

This is adderall's effect on the artist. Rather, adderall is the isolated form of the artist taking grandoise wealth and using it for artistic purposes.
Klimt and Gold, gold foil, going through your moms drawers for old jewelry, going to a thrift store and buying shiny things.

SO clearly yes, creating a work of art of diamonds is stupid. It shows no skill whatsoever.

Unfortunately, we live in a shallow materialistic world full of normalfag clientele who are programmed to find lavish displays of wealth endearing. You will find this shallow because you are obviously a spiritual guru of an artist.

Which is why you need adderall to send you on a Michaels trip in which you buy ooddles of glitter and other stupid shit b/c you high on amphetamines. that is all.
>>
File: 7872394.jpg (719KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7872394.jpg
719KB, 1920x1080px
>>3073237
>implying i didnt do that for a a whole year when i was 15
Hint: Youre the people that make me want to kill myself.
>>
>>3073534

You're probably not practicing properly in that case, look up 'deliberate practice' and put that shit into effect my dude

Basically you have to be bit of a sperg and analyse exactly what you're doing wrong CONSTANTLY and you have to consciously correct it.

Do this and there's no way you won't improve. Also, stop drawing anime for a while.
>>
>>3072490
I'm still learning myself but I can try my best to give you constructive advice if you want to be friends, anon!
>>
How do I stop wasting my time playing video games and replace them with anything productive?
>>
>>3073843
Sell your PC and get banned on any multiplayer games you have.
>>
File: dsads.png (1MB, 3001x3001px) Image search: [Google]
dsads.png
1MB, 3001x3001px
Can't color for shit, pretty much as /beg/ as it gets. I can kinda locate colors that look sorta good together and slam them down onto the drawing, nice and flat. And boring.

Plz help.
>>
>>3073177

Trace your favorite Artist's work for a while to get a feel of they're style, then combine it with others.

Also, watch Plague. ALWAYS watch Plague.
>>
>>3071772
>>3071751
>trying hard to destroy a feelgood thread
I guess you're talking about yourself then
>>
>>3073843
I found using InternetOff helped me a lot since I could set it to turn my entire internet off for an interval of time--so nobody asked me to play anything, no notifications, etc.

Other than that, just set timers and shit. It really is up to you to stop, but reminders help. After a while the art improvement becomes addictive and you'll just want to keep going.
>>
>>3075018
That's good advice
>>
>>3071742
Can you answer this?
>>3076208
>>
>>3074788
You don't need someone else to tell you where you need to improve. It might hurt to admit that you need to improve on literally everything, but start off with a goal like anatomy and drawing from life. Also do more gesture drawings and focus on the FEEL of the pose rather than drawing the contours. Watch promo's videos on this and go through the"new" sticky in /beg/, I promise you won't regret it
>>
>>3076778
*Proko
>>
Imagine making your learning environment artificially harsher because you were memed into believing positivity is bad for you progress
>>
>>3071742
My life's a fucking disaster. For health reasons I ended up failing my way up to being a NEET at 30 and after a few years of taking drawing seriously I'm still awful. If I think about my future all I see is a cardboard box under a bridge, there's no way I can make money with art at my current skill level.
The worst thing is that lately I haven't drawn at all and I can't understand if I'm finally realizing that this isn't my calling or I'm too fucking depressed to enjoy things or even find a reason to bother. I'm terrified.
>>
>>3078164
post work
>>
i'm an autist with a heavy understanding of fundamentals and and any basics for creating skilled art due to my ability to rapidly soak up all that is relevant to me. i'll analyze the art of others to see the importance of form. yet contrary to these statements, my work suffers because of a pathetic work ethic. what i lack is the daily practice for my hands to catch up to my brain.
>>
>>3078178
that's not how autism works
>>
>>3078178
You can't analyze your own knowledge as is inside your head, by which I mean whether you truly do have a solid understanding of the fundamentals is impossible for you to know any other way than by putting them into practice. Any other belief is your brain lying to you.
>>
>>3078164
It sounds like you have not even done the right kind of training. Do you go to a technical school or something similar? If not you are fucked anyway, because you are very inefficient.

Otherwise, it seems strange. You should be able to produce something of value after 3-5 years at your age without problems.
>>
>>3078178
Then go into a field where your way of working works as your benefit.
>>
>>3073330
Thanks for all the info.
I have always been curious about drugs and art performance.
>>
File: 2017-07-30 11_01_28.jpg (7KB, 227x100px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-30 11_01_28.jpg
7KB, 227x100px
Help with time tracking?
I want to at least hit 6 hours daily.

I use Work Work (http://neilblr.com/post/58757345346) to track app usage, but I would like something that displays time over days and months.
>>
>>3079751
Honestly I can't fault the training. I think I chose pretty good resources to study and I always kept it varied without straying too much, tried to do studies from life, different mediums, drawing different things, etc. I have a sketchbook always with me and I draw passerbys. I picked up construction books almost immediately and then I made a bunch of comics. When something proved difficult I went to study that thing and came back expecting to get better. But it happened like 1% and 4 years later I'm still unacceptable.

The resources were Bridgman, the usual bunch of Framed Ink, Color and Light , perspective with Robertson, all from cover to cover. I watched some stuff on Schoolism and NMA... and then I always went in and tried putting it into practice, 'cause practice makes perfect... yeah...

TLDR: I trained well but I'm too retarded to actually improve, my art is shit and it comes out with way too much effort. If I sketch something quickly it's actually a ton better than my finished stuff, the more I work on a thing the uglier it gets. And don't even get me started about consistency, I can't get the same face twice no matter how hard I try.

I won't even bring up my traditional paintings because it's the same issue magnified a thousand times. Shit's too hard for me. The only thing I can do at this point is try to pull off a Garfield, provided I can draw the same retarded little doodle right twice in a row.

End of rant. I'm really close to calling it quits anyway.
>>
>>3074788
Read the sticky and stay in /beg/.
>>
>>3075018 (diff anon here)
>After a while the art improvement becomes addictive and you'll just want to keep going.
I want to believe so bad. Lately I'm losing energy to actually do anything but the urge to draw is still there. It just feels empty and bland when I'm about to do it

but thanks anyway anon, I'll keep on doing it
>>
>>3073177
I feel like you have a very high expectations set already. Start working on that first
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.