[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Completely new to Art, no drawing skills

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1492488235640.gif (2MB, 540x230px) Image search: [Google]
1492488235640.gif
2MB, 540x230px
So I know almost nothing about it, but I want to get good, now Im just going to ask you 3 things to learn drawing:
>What's something you wish someone told you when you started ?
>What's some good places to find tutorials about anatomy ?
>Do I need anything to sketch besides an HB pencil and a sheet of paper at the beginning ?
>>
>>3000207
A thread died for this
>>
>>3000207
There's a thread that has a little pin icon on it. Read it.
>>
File: Capture.png (3KB, 266x28px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3KB, 266x28px
>>3000207
absolutely kill yourself bro.
go to /beg/ thread and read the opening
>>
You'll need to find a balance between drawing for fun, and structured practice.

Get Anatomy for Sculptors by Zarins.

>>Do I need anything to sketch besides an HB pencil and a sheet of paper at the beginning ?
You also need an eraser and a sharpener.

Read the sticky and start lurking
>>
>>3000207
Welcome. I'd say if I could go back in time and tell myself that I'd need to look at real anatomy books to get better at anime art (anime is based off real life, after all, I mean to a degree), I'd probably be much better than I am now.

Also, don't draw figures standing in one place like I so often to. Find it in yourself to branch out into drawing more dynamic poses. I'm trying to do that now.

>>2998514 is the beginner thread, they can help you (/ic/ gets flooded with a lot of shitty threads and it's best to take your stuff to a general before looking into a new thread)

>>2999582 is the artbook thread (lots of good shit)

Also, when you start drawing, where will you post your art? Because I'll follow your Tumblr/Deviantart/etc.
>>3000239
This.
>>
>>3000258
Well I don't really have a place to put them but that's a good idea and I appreciate the information you give me; I guess I'll see where to post them, would you give me some contact info ? or place where you post so I'll send you the place where I'll post
>>
>>3000265
Contact info? Stahlherz-Succubus on DA. I'm not gonna post my email here! Message me there saying you met me on /ic/. I have Tumblr but I don't use it all that often.
>>
>>3000207
Agree with >>3000239
Combine fun & practice.

Also, mastering perspective will make you a professional.

I might be worse at gesture, rendering, ... than some anons, but I'm making a living thanks to perspective enabling me to draw anything the client asks.
>>
>>3000207
https://www.reddit.com/r/learnart/
and
https://www.reddit.com/r/learntodraw/
are better than 4chan.
>>

Don't fall for the memes. Muh cylinders, muh vilppu, muh loomis. All you need to know is perspective and how to draw what you see. Everything else is just drawing a lot and applying that knowledge.
>>
>>3000207
>I don't know to draw
>I don't know to read even if the first thread it's a fucking sticky.
Kill yourself, bro. If you don't have the time to read a simple thing then draw it's not for u.
Be an hero.
>>
>>3000288
Then maybe go back to the le epic reddit
>>
>>3000239
>You also need an eraser and a sharpener.
Why would you need an eraser when you just start out? I don't think they'll get into any value techniques where they'd need one. And sharpeners are dumb, just use a blade, it'll give you a larger broad side to shade with.
>>
Seriously, if you're too blind or illiterate to even see and read the FIRST PINNED POST on the bloody board, then don't even bother drawing.
>>3000224
This.
>>
>>3000348
>>3000304
>>3000357
>>3000362

proving my point :) >>3000288
>>
>>3000288
first time learning something from /ic/
>>
>>3000229
fuck off cunt.

you shit stain of a artist.
>>
>>3000207
Don't try to reinvent the wheel. There are books, video lectures and free courses all over the damn place.
Work smart. Be patient.
Absolutely don't concern yourself with anatomy until you master line, shape, form and construction.
>Do I need anything to sketch besides an HB pencil and a sheet of paper at the beginning ?
No. You don't really need a sharpener/eraser either, but I'd recommend to get a cardboard cutter for sharpening (watch Proko's video on handling your pencil). Work on an inclined plane, like a board tilted against the edge of your table, resting in your lap, otherwise you're distorting your image and fucking up your posture.

I can see your motives for creating this thread, but be sure to also read the sticky (there's a comprehensive guide to drawing) and post in the /beg/ threads. Also lurk a while before posting if you don't want to be called a faggot too often.
Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>3000207
perspective form and rendering is the most important shit youre ever going to have to know
>>
>>3000207
Read Scott Robertson's how to draw then how to render.
They are few of art books that are written basically like technical books. It means you'll learn a lot without going through all this useless mumbo jumbo that majority of artbooks suffer. Although, be warned. Just like with technical books the learning curve is quite steep.
>>
File: united b8.png (183KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
united b8.png
183KB, 625x626px
>>3000405
/ic/ is cancer enough, it doesn't need your bait to make it uninhabitable.
>>
>>3000207
>read the sticky
>read the sticky
>I'd go with a 2H or 3H, personally, but no
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.