[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pablo Picasso

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1841.jpg (281KB, 1242x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1841.jpg
281KB, 1242x1242px
This print was given to me framed by my father when I moved into my first house. He got it from my great aunt who cleaned houses for a living. She cleaned the home of Russell Bufalino in the 80s. The story goes that when he got convicted he told her to take the Picasso because he had to let her go so sudden. I'm not sure how true this is because it happen before I was born. There is some information on the back but right now I'm storing it back at my parents house. Once I'm back I'm going to post the info is on the back. Does anyone know any information on this particular work of his being printed? I think it is from the 60's but I'm not 100% positive.
>>
>>2991558
It was a commission for the sesquarcenntenial celebrarion of the publication of Don Quixote (1955). The original's whereabouts are debated but it's unlikely this is the original which is believed to be in color.
>>
>>2991611
well he said it was a print, so, if the original work was a print it could easy be from the original run.
>>
>>2991624
The original print run was as a magazine cover, after which it became famous. Hard to evaluate if it's worth anything without taking it to an expert.
>>
>>2991558
Unless it's signed by hand, it's worth the paper it's printed on. There are literally millions of versions of this in the world.
>>
>>2991558
christ thats a godawful amateur looking thing
also
wtf i hate picasso now
>>
>>2992147
literally 2deep4u pleb. pick a book and learn why picasso's style has so much merit.
>>
>>2992147
What are you talking about this is a really lovely rendition of Don Quixote.
It's visually appealing and the child-like style only doubles down on the theme.
>>
>>2992147
You know real manga artists... not the loser wannabe manga artists like you would probably understand Picasso work.

You will never be a real artist though.
>>
7 dollars
>>
File: Picasso at 16 years.jpg (651KB, 1600x2295px) Image search: [Google]
Picasso at 16 years.jpg
651KB, 1600x2295px
>>2992147
I also hate him anon...
>>
>>2996525
His father painted that, Pablo only got the credit.
>>
>>2996531
...say certain anonymous posters on obscure internet messageboards and literally no reputable art historians.
>>
>>2996537
"""art historians""" are only really there to be shills for modern art anyway
>>>/ic/ brings you the truth
>>
File: _20170527_145044.jpg (114KB, 720x1127px) Image search: [Google]
_20170527_145044.jpg
114KB, 720x1127px
>>2996531
Don't lie anon
>>
>>2996548
How does that disprove anything? Because his father himself was in the painting? You know you can add yourself in your painting right? It would only add to the narrative of making it look like his son could make a realistic painting.
>>
File: 7.jpg (161KB, 746x1110px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
161KB, 746x1110px
>>2996552

What about his self-portrait from the same year?
>>
>>2996556
Just remove the 'self-' and you got the answer.
>>
File: 8.jpg (22KB, 535x739px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
22KB, 535x739px
>>2996556
>>2996552

Or portrait of his mother, also from same year? All fake and made by his father?
>>
>>2996560
Yes, everything up to when he started with cubism, his father did most of the work on the paintings.
>>
>>2996564

Wait, so you say that his "Blue", "Red" and even "African" periods aren't his?

But look at this painting from 1917 after his Cubism period - don't you see the resemblance between this one and his early works that you say are supposedly his father's?
>>
File: or this one.jpg (71KB, 432x550px) Image search: [Google]
or this one.jpg
71KB, 432x550px
>>2996568
>>
>>2996568
>>2996569
I don't deny that Pablo knew how to paint realistically at a later age, but I don't believe in Pablo as a child prodigy while his father was still alive.
>>
>>2996564
You got any theory, source or comparison to prove your point anon?
>>
>>2996575
I actually got this theory way back from >>>/ic/ itself. I've never delved into it further. If you at the later paintings of his father and early paintings of Pablo though, it's a whole lot similar than his later paintings. Sure, it could be that he imitated his father, but I think it was his fathers hand itself that did most of it.
>>
>>2996572

But if you look at his earlier and later works, they don't look like they were made by 2 different persons.

Also look at his father's paintings, it's different style, not to mention that he seems to be more interested in pigeons than portraits.
>>
Piccaso was a sexist prostitute fucker and woman abuser.
>>
Did you know Picaso was briefly detained as a suspect in the theft of the Mona Lisa?
>>
>>2997947
and so am I, friend
>>
>>2997947
Oh, geez, I didn't realize he was a misogynist! Better burn his works and replace them with those of some black lesbian transvestite who paints dead white men using xer own feces.
>>
Does anybody want a tin foil hat to go with their crazy conspiracy theories?
>>
>pablo piccaso

>going fo art school jist to name drop hack artists on a shotty vietamese sail boat forum.
>>
>>2996552
>>2996559
>>2996564
Until you can provide actual proof of your claims, your theory is invalid, much more so than the actual accepted story.
>>2996572
>the "loser who has no evidence" compromise.
>>
it's true. I am your father.
>>
Picasso?

I call him pig asshole.
>>
>>2999338
Well, you can't disprove it either.
>>
>>2997947
wtf i love him now
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.