[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /ic/ balance studying with Relationships?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: depressed400.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
depressed400.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
Past couple of months have been a mess for me.

I was waking up consistently 6 am and studying until 6 pm but nowadays I barely sketch on the bus. Just got out of a painful relationship and I find myself in another one because being alone and drawing is just too painful for now.

How did you guys deal with this? I want to make something of my self!
>>
Avoid relationships like everyone else. What, you aren't serious about your art?
>>
>>2702559
lol fucking /r9k/
>>
>>2702559

If you unironically "study" for 12 hours and this isn't your job or anything, you are doing things very, very wrong. All professional artists have families, interests, they travel, have time for leisure etc.

They aren't shut-ins that emerge from their cave just to show the world new painting.
>>
>>2702559
>being alone and drawing is just too painful

there is nothing that feels better to me.
>>
By being in my apartment and only leaving the house for groceries or walks in the park. I dont have time for people.
>>
>>2702559
>How does /ic/ balance studying with Relationships?
100% study, 0% relationships

I share no interests with those around me so is not that hard
>>
>>2702559
hell if you figure that one out tell me lol
>>
>>2702559
study group
>>
File: facepalmm.jpg (205KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
facepalmm.jpg
205KB, 760x760px
>>2702559
Depends
Is this a real relationship? or one of those cringey, nonsensical "long distance relationships" with some chick on another continent who you brag about being in love with but have never seen IRL and will never see for another 5 years because you can't afford a plane ticket?
>>
>>2702559
get >>>/out/ you disgusting normalfag scum, don't you have asspats to collect from your granny on facebook
>>
Been living with my girlfriend for 4 years now. Will probably marry her.

My work station is situated right behind our main couch/living area of our 1BR apartment. If I tell her I want to work at night (she works during the day), she'll watch Netflix or something and I'll draw, while still being able to talk to each other.

It's absolutely great. I couldn't imagine being in a relationship where it's not okay to take some time to yourself if you need it.
>>
>>2702559
I dedicate the 8 hours my husband is at work for studying.

I had to give up on the 12 hour schedule. Unless you're with someone who just never wants attention, you're gonna get interrupted and then you're gonna get frustrated.

Weekends are pretty much a bust too. Usually only work an hour or two each day.
>>
>being alone and drawing is just too painful for now
wait, what?

1) being in a relationship because you don't want to be alone is not a good basis for a long term thing
2) when you feel that you can't balance your hobbies with your relationship, you need to talk to your partner
3) good relationships have compromise
>>
File: 1463161327821.gif (3MB, 242x169px) Image search: [Google]
1463161327821.gif
3MB, 242x169px
When I was single (6 fucking years ago) all my freetime was for hanging out with friends, shitposting, and drawing. How is it painful to be alone and draw, it's freedom. Take advantage- break off your "relationship", go on a bender, cry it all out and then start drawing. And avoid /r9k/ ffs.
>>
my only relationship is my family, besides that there is one friend that wants me to go to a pub once in a moth, i think it's okay to go once in a month
>>
>>2702559
idk, sounds like you were using your gf as a crutch/escape tbqh. your lifes balance was a house of cards waiting to fall.

Your drawing should have been entirely for yourself
>>
>>2702559
get off /ic/, you need professional help

being in a relationship isn't an all-or-nothing situation unless you're business partners.
>>
>>2702559

fucking normies mang
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.