[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a hand

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 20160928_020459.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20160928_020459.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
Since the summer started, I've been doing sketches to create (hopefully) a comic book for class, but I think my main characters need something.
>>
File: 20160928_020750.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20160928_020750.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
>>
>>1579290
>>2692579
>>
>>2695505
Yeah your main character needs to not be straight up shitty anime. Try to pay attention to relative proportions. One of the feet is fucked up pretty bad. You should probably do a lot more drawing from life or at least study how successful artists(not fucking shonens) simplify body parts.
>>
True, maybe going to the beach to draw some bodies, and its not that I dislike other styles but mine is manga orientated so... but yea i need to pay attention to real proportions.
>>
>>2695516
STYLE IS A CRUTCH until you can realistically render any person from any angle. Only then can you go full force into your animoo style.
>>
>>2695579
>>2695516

To add on to this: It's going to take months (if you do this 24/7, which you won't) or possibly years for you to solidify not only hardcore fundamentals, but an appealing style of drawing. If you're not ready to that, stick to being a hobbyist.
>>
>>2695505
I have no idea about
-his age
-his personality
-the level of fantasy
-anything really

He just seems like a hobo anime El Kabong. Like people said, do some life sketches.

For now, immediately impove your expressions and make sure you have consistent height/form. Doodle your character going through a wide range of emotion, not just neutral with a smile, or generic anime expressions.
>>
>>2695505
see
>>2695514
You're not a special snowflake that deserves your own thread when you can't even be assed to spend a minute to lurk and read.
>>
File: 1338128119478.png (376KB, 404x435px) Image search: [Google]
1338128119478.png
376KB, 404x435px
>>2695516
>but mine is manga orientated so...

Yeah, so is a lot of people's style here. There are still critical errors in your fundies. Even Jap artists (the good ones) draw from life.
>>
Ty for the tips, I'll bring a notebook and start doing some body studies.
>>
>>2695628
Is this guy for real?
>>
>>2695928
uh yeah? developing skill takes time and effort and dedication.
>>
>>2695906
If you, after studying real life and proper realistic proportions, want to draw manga, read "How to draw manga - Sketching Manga-Style" by Hikaru Hayashi.

Avoid non-Japanese names, but Korean, French and sometimes Chinese artists are great to study.
>>
>>2695936
I doubt gashigashi practiced to draw realistically, and his work is more visually appealing than anyone on ic
>>
Korean, French and Chinese. K thanks again I just really want to improve. Sounds really sad but I want to live doing comics. Probably failing. But thanks for the tips.
>>
>>2696380
Wow you're so right!!!! Go get em, don't learn to draw figures realistically at all and I'm sure you'll be successful. I know learning about anatomy just to stressful so you might aswell skip over a core fundamental about drawing the figure haha!! You're so smart anon, you can do it!!!!! GO GO GO !!!
>>
I said I will do some studies XD
Even if It takes years to improve, its my dream. No turning back.
>>
>>2695505
>I think my main characters need something
>not a single response is "they need loomis"
>>
>>2696491
you're an idiot. I never said anatomy wasnt important. I meant you dont have to know how to draw a photo realistic figure from every conceivable angle possible, just to draw in a stylized way. I'm pretty sure those people just copied artists they like
>>
I actually started to draw 2 years ago without looking any artists that I liked.. Dunno if that was a bad..
>>
File: 20160929_185330.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_185330.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
I really really want to improve the body, and somehow to make my characters with clear personality.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.