[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ic/ think of GIMP?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: GIMP_logo.jpg (267KB, 1108x1108px) Image search: [Google]
GIMP_logo.jpg
267KB, 1108x1108px
What does /ic/ think of GIMP?
>>
>>2666245
bare bones photoshop. It's biggest sin is not having good brushes, if you are going to use it you need to customize the shit out of it
> https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
> http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10283 (Topic: pressure sensitive in gimp)
> docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-using-brushes.html (Adding New Brushes)
> deviantart.com/browse/all/resources/applications/gimpbrushes/?order=9&offset=0 (GIMP brushes)
But unless you are /g/, you are not going to enjoy doing it. Go for krita if you want a free/open-source alternative, go for photoshop if you just want photoshop, go for gimp id you enjoy your /g/ niche experimenting with shit, go for one of the 471264246 programs for drawing if you just want a drawing software (sketch autodesk, corel painter, etc)
>>
>>2666245
Krita is better for painting and drawing than GIMP.
>>
>>2666245
I prefer it over Krita and MyPaint when I'm using Linux. Its brush engine is worse and it lacks a lot of features other programs have, but it does what I need it to do, is more stable, and I like the oldschool GUI (>>2665190). I dual boot Windows for Clip Studio Paint for serious stuff.
>>
Literally the worst art software.
>>
I basically grew up with gimp. I liked it
>>
>>2666245
I agree with those other people. Krita is also free and pretty much better. Nicer interface, brushes, etc.
>>
goodmspaint
>>
>>2666245
If you're a beginner it's more than enough.
>>
Use it if you have a weak PC.
>>
It should not be considered an art software, take the brush our of the logo and I would have no problems with it
>>
>>2666245
I use it for designing posters all the time. Depends on what you're trying to do with the program, it's more ham sufficient for some projects
>>
>>2666866
The transform/warp tools suck in Krita
>>
The name says it all.
It's the chained-up-in-the-basement freak of all graphic tools.
>>
>>2666245
A basic graphics program that fell behind the curve a long time ago, not recommended. I use it for typesetting and such just because it's what I'm used to using but it's by no means optimal
>>
>>2666301
>Hasn't heard of Paint.Net
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 243x247px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 243x247px
>>2668186
>paint.net
>art sofware

Now that's what I call retarded.
>>
muh open software
>>
File: timmyTcup.gif (988KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
timmyTcup.gif
988KB, 400x250px
Someone post the best thing ever done in Gimp
>>
>>2668546
It's right there in the op
>>
File: 0b7e80125fdd05b44acd46d6b227a6b5.jpg (302KB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
0b7e80125fdd05b44acd46d6b227a6b5.jpg
302KB, 1754x1240px
if this guy can draw with GIMP then you can too!
>>
>>2666245
I actually use both Gimp and Krita.
I use Gimp to edit photos and Krita for painting/drawing.>>2668573
>>
in the end its all fundies, no software will make you better

but everyone uses photoshop because its just the easiest
>>
>>2668658
Do you use Ganoo slash Leenux, too?
You'd be a hero among the /g/tards if you did.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.