[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glass art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (52KB, 540x960px)
image.jpg
52KB, 540x960px
This is my personal best glass pieces. Hoping to move to Washington to open a studio soon. What do you guys think?
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 528x960px
This has Mount St. Helens ash in it
>>
>>2623188

terrible drawing, too simplistic, bad colors
>>
Thanks for the feedback. This wasn't drawn nor thought out. Was my second jellyfish and I like to go off the top of my head
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 540x960px)
image.jpg
36KB, 540x960px
Fire ghost
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
This was made by Filip Vogelpohl from Boise
>>
very pretty, OP. I don't know much about glass blowing so I don't think I could provide adequate crit... but could you tell us more? How do you blow a specific shape that you want? How do you manipulate color and form?

Just curious.
>>
I wonder if this guy >>2623190 realizes it's not a drawing, or if he was being funny.
>>
>>2623194
>I like to go off the top of my head
you will find we don't like that kind of ppl around here. Your product is very nice looking, but mainly because of the medium in which, as long you don't fuck up big time, the result will look nice. If you want to bring it to the next step, you have to learn to do what this anon asked >>2623210
>How do you blow a SPECIFIC SHAPE that YOU WNAT?
>How do YOU manipulate color and form?

you have to learn how to achieve something with your medium, afterwards you have to get ideas of what you want to do, and finally combine the 2 and produce what you have in mind

sorry for the vague respond, I am not a glass blower (and there is very low change to find one here) so I can't give you tips specific for your medium, but look into compositions, color theory and light, since your medium seems to be heavenly influenced by those so having control over them will help you greately

and while you are at it you can do some still life studies and drawing from imagination, the first one will help you learn why things look the way they look and the second how to brainstorm for ideas to put into your work afterwards
>>
>>2623215
I assume he knew it was not a drawing and was just pointing out this is a drawing focused board
>>
Hey man I think you need to read some of that Andrew Loomis for your works. Theyre just not doing it for me.
>>
>>2623227
No it isn't. It's an illustration board mostly, though the focus is on 2d art. Sculptures and digital 3d aren't usually for /ic/ bc people don't quite appreciate them here
>>
>>2623227
>>2623390
I recall sculpture board and sculpture threads here, what happened with them?
>>
>>2623442
There is the occasional sculptor here, though sculpting as a fine art form is tremendously more expensive and harder to get into than illustration and stuff like that. 3d sculpting and stuff goes to >>>>/3/ though
>>
>>2623210
When working with glass I like to have a general idea of the outcome, but since the molten glass is so malleable and 1000-2000 degrees, it is near impossible to have the piece come out exactly how you expect it to be. As for the color we use "frit" which is just crushed up colored glass and the pattern in which we include the frit onto the clear glass and the tools we use to manipulate said colors is how you get the uniqueness of each piece. I definitely recommend trying it if you are interested in learning
>>
>>2623521
my bad, I'm kind of new to the 4chan world and I figured this would be the best place to start since it straight up said "critique"
>>
>>2623220
it is extremely hard to have a set plan for each piece, so in glass working you kind of have to just roll with whatever happens. I'll definitely look into working with light sources and color theory
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.