[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made this some days ago

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170529_151043.jpg (1MB, 2451x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170529_151043.jpg
1MB, 2451x1836px
What does /i/ thinks I should improve/change?

Inb4
> everything
>>
I'd say add shadows.
I'm not an anime face expert so I can't tell you anything worth, but I think both her pupils do not point to the same spot.
>>
>>505081
Thanks Anon, I tried to add shadows by using darker colors, but I guess I should try other metods.
About the pupils, maybe you're right, the left one should be more rightmost
>>
File: _cm__rini_by_miiachuu-daxuy1b.png (574KB, 1279x783px) Image search: [Google]
_cm__rini_by_miiachuu-daxuy1b.png
574KB, 1279x783px
>>505078
You copied this from reference didn't you, either that or traced it. If you traced it stop tracing and try copying that but with reference. If it is reference then great fucking job, you should probably move on to memorization and developing a process, because you seem to be good enough at using reference right now.

As for any possible improvement to the actual image, well you could have colored it a bit more evenly and in the same direction. You don't have any shadows on it, or refracted colors, and the highlights you do have are outlined which probably isn't right. Maybe a slight change in gradient from 1 color to a slightly more purplish blue would look good too, it would have to be very slight tho. Adding a skin glow effect would probably look good too. You could also go over the lineart again to make sure everything is super nice and smooth, as well as adding some thickness to certain parts of the hair. You know where the v shapes of the hair connect to eachother? Those connections can look nicer when you thicken the area where it meets on the underside.

If anything find an image to compare yours to, and that should tell you the most important things you could want to know.
>>
Improve on going to the right board.
>>>/ic/
>>
>>505085
I have a miserable 1280x720 monitor therefore I can't trace, and I'm not that expert to draw such things without reference yet.

Anyway, thank you very much for the compliments! It's only my second drawing with reference (the first one was about an historical figure), though, so I think I have still much to learn before memorization.

About the colors, you're right, I didn't color it evenly and I did also mashup the colors because I'm colorblind and sometimes I confused the pencils. Thank you for the advices about the shadows, the outlines and the skin glow effect (that I didn't even know could be done on paper).

This is the source I used, it was a screenshot on the phone so sorry for the resolution.
>>
>>505086
Pardon, I'm not used to these two boards
>>
File: Gambatte!.png (307KB, 1062x678px) Image search: [Google]
Gambatte!.png
307KB, 1062x678px
>>505088
Trust me dude if that's your 2nd reference, then you are very well off. I tried to teach another guy to use reference and he didn't make it with even close to the level of quality you managed to put into that one right there. I think his problem is that he couldn't get focused properly, and so it was harder for him to try to be precise. Also he was doing it digitally, not with pencil and paper. (no offense if you're reading this boomba)

i'd imagine you feel like you've learned from this experience somewhat right? What reference really helps to show is a higher level of quality and detail that you didn't normally know was there. It also helps because while you're copying you have to make those sort of on the fly proportions to figure out precisely where things go, which both keeps you focused, and helps prepare you for memorizing proportions. For example, the top of your ears and your eyebrows are at the same height. I learned that during my first time drawing my own face in a mirror, and it's been integrated into my drawing process ever since.

Feel free to do more reference drawings if you want to, but after that your next step will be developing a process to drawing without reference. Unlike the meticulous copying of reference, developing a process is basically rule development using tons of guidelines, testing through trial and error, and definitely requires an eraser. You'll still be using reference when developing a process as reference is the standard of what works, and you're trying to get your process to match the proportions of what works. What you'll be learning is human anatomy, for example learning the proportions of the face, or learning the proportions of the body based off of heads. It can be a little annoying to figure out as different artists use different proportions, but you'll get the hang of things eventually.

By the way i'm curious if you'll make it, be sure to post here again sometime.
>>
>>505086
>go there
>most "critiques" are do loomis, more loomis, yada yada follow this artist
>only sometimes it's a critique
why
>>
>>505078
Go to /ic/, show this and then ask about LOOMIS.
>>
One more piece of advice: Developing a process tends to leave things feeling very rigid and rule oriented, that's to be expected, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that, but when you're no longer practicing your process, you'll need to get out of that mindset because it will make everything rigid and shitty. When not practicing process, your focus shouldn't be so much on the rules, but rather on putting things wherever it looks and feels right to put them. The rules in this case would be treated more like guidelines.

It isn't super important to know right away, as you probably won't be trying to do regular drawings until you have a somewhat idea of a process, but I guess it's still good to know for when it does start to happen.
>>
>>505117
you know i haven't tried to reproduce anything yet right?
>>
File: 1496392911618.png (206KB, 471x501px) Image search: [Google]
1496392911618.png
206KB, 471x501px
>>505127
what do you mean?
>>
File: IMG_20170604_010352.jpg (1MB, 1682x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170604_010352.jpg
1MB, 1682x2988px
>>505117
Thank you again for the advices, Anon! Currently I'm working on another drawing but I still have to color it and adjust some things.
In the source drawing the girl was intended to be seen from the ground, so the proportions are like that.

>>505119
What is this loomis thing?
>>
>>505129
i mean i haven't done any copying yet (except for the halberd head i just made)
>>
>>505132
>>505127
wait is that boombaclops?
>>
>>505133
aye

(i try not to namefag since nearly every board hates it)
>>
>>505130
>>505119
Andrew Loomis is a 20th century animator which has written quite a few books about how to draw and paint for everyone who's interested.
His books are available online for free, as he's long gone.
/ic/ loves him in particular as his books had helped a lot.
>>
>>505134
oh well I was talking about using reference and copy it, so when you drew the hinata I assumed you were trying to copy.
>>
>>505078
blend that rough color pencilwork with a very light application of oil on brush (or q-tip if you're cheap)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.