[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/i/, I want to draw. Not like portraits, or some shit, just girls

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (73KB, 446x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73KB, 446x335px
/i/, I want to draw. Not like portraits, or some shit, just girls in an "anime" style, because all my friends and myself included are fucking weaboos. Where do I get started?

Pic unrelated
>>
Pick up a pencil and paper, and start fucking drawing. Styles are something you learn you damn weeb.
>>
>>477049
I've tried, and they all look shit.
I'm not posting them, they make me cringe.
>>
It´s not like it will take you a week or so, you´ll spend years to make it posible, just draw a little everyday and you´ll see improvement, you can always search for specific practice in google , but practice makes perfect
>>
>>477050
continue, and never stop.
>>
File: old image i drew in 2015.png (70KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
old image i drew in 2015.png
70KB, 640x400px
>>477048
I'm not very good yet, but this is the difference a year of "half assed practice" can make. might be NSFW.
http://orangecast.tumblr.com/image/147004420573
>>
always use references until you feel comfortable with your skill. Ive made a nice improvement in just a month

time to draw some lolis
>>
File: how to art.gif (30KB, 532x1200px) Image search: [Google]
how to art.gif
30KB, 532x1200px
>>477048
post your shit. anythings better than peatrice requests
>>
>>477050
I started drawing when I was nine.

On the span of ten years of drawing did I learn to draw that I can say is "pretty good".
>>
>>>/ic/
>>
I'm not OP, but I have same interest. And how the hell does shading work? I can never get this right.
>>
File: mastervainglorious3.jpg (610KB, 2868x1737px) Image search: [Google]
mastervainglorious3.jpg
610KB, 2868x1737px
>>477143
i'm not to good with shading either, but in the end you're just pin point a light source (either you draw it on your canvas or you just remember the thing, whatever works for you). after that it's all about different structures of the face/body/clothes. some things throwing rather hard shades, while some parts throwing softer shades. the nose for example sticks out alot, therefore throws a rather hard shade. while the cheeks are just a light curve (or so to say), and throw is softer shade.
rather bad example picture, and probably a bad explanation, but i hope it kind of helps.
>>
>>477048
Having a basic grasp of anatomy helps even when you're drawing chinese cartoon girls
>>
File: 1465055849272.jpg (375KB, 1300x785px) Image search: [Google]
1465055849272.jpg
375KB, 1300x785px
>>477048
go to /ic/ go to the beginners thread and read the sticky
>>
Less thinking, more drawing.
>>
>>477246
Disagree. Start noticing patterns in things, like how human arm is similar to a chain, or how anime girls often have long bangs to hide neck and cheeks that are hard to get right. Then just prohect it on paper.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.