[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did the English meant by this ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: English Armada.png (37KB, 308x852px) Image search: [Google]
English Armada.png
37KB, 308x852px
We've all heard about the crushing of the Mighty Invicible Spanish Armada but turns out exactly 1 year later, an even bigger english fleet combined with dutch vessels (total : 150 ships) went to war against the Spanisht and... got absolutely out-schooled and annihilated this time arround while being in clear numerical superiority.
Were the Spanish the true rulers of the waves all along /his/ ? Have I been lied my whole life ?
Really makes you think that this is not more known, hum.. How convenient for my agenda. angloidhandsrubbing.png
>>
>>3357042
No, what it means is that with the available technology of the time, it was hard as fuck to send a large naval expedition and expect it to fight at the end of a considerable journey. It's much easier with the home field advantage.
>>
>>3357058
You realize that could literally be said to every wars in history to begin with, up until to arguably the modern days and the invention of the steem powered engine ?
Plus the English convenently brag about plenty of wars of which their opponents had to walk, ride or whatnot for days, weeks, and were also exhausted by those considerable journeys, still it did not stop the beady propaganda from portraying their victories as a clear unmatched war expertise. I demand the same treatment to be applied to English defeats.
Nice try beady Shlanglo indeed nice try but : Not. An. Argument.
>>
>>3357168
The Spanish Armada has more importance in English history than the English Armada does in Spanish history.
>>
>>3357042
Right, the Spanish were the true rulers of the waves. That's why every successful western country is Mother England or one of her former colonies, while the Spaniards are a primitive people who are mostly remembered for speaking their own language with a lisp.
>>
>>3357042
The English didn't have fireships to banter the Spanish into abject defeat, also no storm
>>
>>3357042

>Six Galleons vs. Four Galleons

Assuming that the Galleons are all approximately equal in terms of firepower, that's not really a huge numerical advantage for the English at all. The smaller vessels aren't as important since they probably lack the firepower to really engage the larger ships in a meaningful way.
>>
>>3357257
They could use their speed to cross the T, that's what they are sort of designed to do
>>
>>3357168
So, you're not interested in actually understanding war or history, you're just wanting to thump your chest about your country and piss on the ones you don't like.

>>>/int/
>>
File: 3 off the top of my head.png (574KB, 956x1098px) Image search: [Google]
3 off the top of my head.png
574KB, 956x1098px
>>3357042
There is some truth to the phrase "history is written by the victors".

The Spanish BTFO the British several times, but these wars are rarely remembered or talked about in the English-speaking world.
>>
>>3358196
England and Britain are insanely overrated by mainstream history
This is mostly due to US cultural domination since WW2
Americans love Britain
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.