[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't Napoleon regarded as a tyrant equal to Hitler?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 27

Why isn't Napoleon regarded as a tyrant equal to Hitler?
>>
>>3333027
He didn't murder people deemed his inferiors.
>>
>>3333027
He didn't do anything near as evil as him
>>
>>3333029
>things that never happened.
>>
>>3333027
>No irrational genocides
>Isn't personally responsible for starting the wars, blame goes to both sides
>His regime was found immoral mostly by monarchists
>Was actually competent
>>
>>3333027
Hitler would have been seen as Napoleon-like, if not for the holocaust
>>
>>3333058
Maybe in the west
>>
>>3333027
Because his actions led to military deaths which as harsh as it my seem are not equal to civilian deaths. Hitler's actions on the other hand literally had mother's feeding the corpses of their dead children to their starving ones just so they can get another day or two of life.
>>
>>3333027
He didnt genocide the chosen people
And if anything, he too much regarded as a tyrant by normies despite the fact he was among the most democratic rulers in Europe during an era of monarchs
All that because he conquered stuff and people associate conquering to turants because of Hitler

OP is an uneducated normie btw, that's why the idea of Napoleon being a tyrant even came to him while he didnt think the same about the Russian Tsar of the Prussian King
>>
>>3333068
Napoleon failed to defeat Russia too
>>
Leaving aside the genocide, edgy mystical bullshit and indoctrination, it's because he's still relevant. There are soldiers from the second world war still alive today.
In 200+ years he'll still be remembered as a villain, but also an historical figure rather than that violent madman your granddad was sent to fight against.
>>
>>3333078
Yet he didn't made himself archenemy of Slavic peoples. He's remembered as kind of honorable enemy, not as synonym to devil.
>>
>>3333053
Shut the fuck up, you illiterate twat.
>>
>>3333027
Outside the west, eg India, Hitler is regarded as a great leader equal to Napoleon
>>
>>3333098
Slavs don't give a shit about Hitler; ask them, they don't like him but he's not some kind of "devil" like Americans and Jews still believe Hitler to be. The Poles and Russians I've asked never seem to give a shit about Hitler when the topic comes up, they've moved on.
>>
>>3333114
t. Hans von Ivanovich
>>
>>3333069

Oy Vey, that's a good one. Put it in your next book
>>
>>3333118
Actually more like

t. Nigel snubnersnitch
>>
>>3333114
>Slavs don't give a shit about Hitler
Friendly reminder that there are Slavs browsing this thread, you can't just lie and expect people to take your word for it.

It's more actual than during the cold war. Haven't you watched the Ukrainian crisis, how the opolchency presented themselves as fighting against Nazis? Or how Russian military started using ogange-black colours?
>>
>>3333114
>Slavs don't give a shit about Hitler

Dumbest statement in this thread
>>
>>3333143
>>Slavs don't give a shit about Hitler
In the context I was responding. Do you think Slavs walk about fearing a fourth reich like Americans do? I've seen the nazi flags during the Ukraine Crisis but that doesn't mean Ukrainians treat Hitler like some paganesque God that demanded human sacrifices from the slavic race
>>
>>3333114
Oh yes but they do. The only "slavs" who sided with Hitler were the Bulgarians and even they fucked him over.
>>
>>3333154
They got more important things to discuses and worry about like say for instance, the fucking EU or Putin.
>>
>>3333160

>Do you think Slavs walk about fearing a fourth reich like Americans do?

Source needed. You are projecting your own little /pol/ miniverse of antifa and infowars onto the real world, and its bullshit.
>>
>>3333162
You speak from personal experience, like do you pray that meanie Hitler to never come back? ./
>>
>>3333143
Not that guy but I'm a Slav and it's only Poles and some (((Yugoslavs))) who still kvetch about Hitler. Even Russians don't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>3333165

In an amazing turn of events, it turns out even slavs are capable of giving shits about more than one thing at a time.
>>
>>3333171

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4487306/Putin-shows-Russia-s-firepower-huge-military-parade.html

Russians clearly don't give a fuck.
>>
>>3333168
Explain the history channel broadcasting Hitler like he was still alive and other such nonsense like comparing Charlottesville to the literal rise of the 4th reich
>>
>>3333027
Because enough time has passed
>>
>>3333172
Fucking strawman

I never said they're inc able of conjuring their experiences of the 2nd WW, they're just not hung up about like the west
>>
File: 1497481646073.jpg (72KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497481646073.jpg
72KB, 1024x1024px
>>3333180
>the history channel
>>
>>3333190
>american television
>>
>>3333180
>comparing Charlottesville to the literal rise of the 4th reich

Nobody except some entirely marginal fringe groups does this.

>Explain the history channel broadcasting Hitler like he was still alive
>TV channel does things to sell advertising

wow so amazeballs

>>3333188

The things you are saying are simply incorrect and unfounded
>>
Literally the only thing he did wrong was trying to set up a EU style trading zone, putting his retarded family members in charge of things, and letting himself be cucked. Everything else was flawless.
>>
>>3333162
No, we did not. Our government was overthrown by the Bolsheviks and a puppet regime was installed that followed the will of the Soviet Union.
>>
>>3333027
Because Napoleon also had sympathy for his fellow man and understood them. Remember that time when he wanted to pardon a german kid who tried to kill him because he understood the humiliation the germans felt? The attempted assassin was put to death before he could stop the execute, I'm getting this from the autobiography by Gibb's. He was a solid leader who everyone else in Europe hated so he had to defend himself when they consistently rose to fight him.
>>
>>3333162
Slovaks sided with him as well.
>>
>>3333202
>The things you are saying are simply incorrect and unfounded

Just like this whole board, huh? Real historians up in this bitch
>>
>>3333200
haha le juden XDDDD
>>
>>3333206
And did your government fulfill its demands as part of the coalition, namely the extradition of the jews and that you should send at least 20k men to the eastern front against Russia? Because my government doesn't think you did, in fact every source I read doesn't think so.
>>
>>3333213

At this point I don't even know what you're talking about anymore so I'm just gonna congratulate you with still holding the 'dumbest statement in the thread' award.
>>
>>3333219
And that helped us a lot huh?
>>
>>3333231
Don't know, don't care. The fact of my original statement remains, you fucked the Germans over. It don't give a flying fuck if you suffered for it
>>
>>3333224
>At this point I don't even know what you're talking about anymore

That's because you're stupid, understand that?

Oh I can't wait for your smug, witty remark. God, this place is just*eddit now
>>
>>3333160
>I've seen the nazi flags during the Ukraine Crisis but that doesn't mean Ukrainians treat Hitler like some paganesque God that demanded human sacrifices from the slavic race

When Russians call someone fascist it means "evil" or "someone who wants to hurt Russians" and when someone wants to trigger Russians they do so by praising collaborants or by depreciating Russian role in the so called Great Patriotic War, should I remind you about the Bronze night?

>>3333211
And in the end they've abandoned the ship too so that, they would not be treated as defeated nation.
>>
>>3333027
>>3
>>
>>3333027
Because he emancipated the jews
>>
>>3333027
Because he spends 30,000 lives a month. You can't challenge him.
>>
>>3333250
He also re-enslaved the blacks in Haiti, and then memed a ship full of Poles to go and immediately die of malaria there. He's /our guy/
>>
Who /Andrew Roberts/ here?
>>
Lindybeige get out
>>
>>3333208
>Because Napoleon also had sympathy for his fellow man and understood them.

Also, Napoleon fought on the battlefield
Sure Hitler couldnt due to warfare being different (and due to him being shit-tier as a general), but in the end he was still a dude in a bunker sending men to invade faraway lands when Napoleon invaded lands alongside his men
>>
>>3333301
>Also, Napoleon fought on the battlefield

So did Hitler. He was a WW1 German Hero.
>>
>>3333272
>and then memed a ship full of Poles to go and immediately die of malaria there.
they didn't
>>
>>3333303
Not just that but he survived the whole war from 1914 to 1918. Impressive, given he's supposed to be "incompetent ", "stupid" and whatever else
>>
>>3333027
Because he fought for justice and liberty among European people
>>
>>3333027
He was.
Napoleon was viewed as the anti-christ by his contemporaries and it is only the distance of time that insulates you from the same opinion.

>b-but le murder of le innocent people
Nobody ACTUALLY gives a shit about the systematic murder of Innocents. If they did every Marxist in academia would have been ridden out of town in a rail generations ago for spreading intellectual poison.
>>
>>3333303
I mean Napoleon fought the wars he "started" (although most were started by his enemies)

Hitler was a failed painter that had once been a courrier during WW1 (not the most glorious affiliation) and was now a politician sending his men invade countries while he shagged his niece in Berlin
>>
File: sf.jpg (6KB, 237x212px)
sf.jpg
6KB, 237x212px
>>3333303
>He was a WW1 German Hero
>Falling for this meme

>inb4 muh iron cross
Was received because he served in the rear and had time to brownnose his officers.
>>
>>3333357
>Nobody ACTUALLY gives a shit about the systematic murder of Innocents.

Yes they do
Hitler is hated while Hirohito isnt because Hitler gassed the kikes
>>
>>3333027
Don't worry, in another hundred years Hitler will be seen on the same level as Napoleon, just another continental tyrant crushed by Britain. Hitler is simply more of a recent continental tyrant crushed by Britain. My Grandfather fought at D-Day, no one alive fought Napoleon.
>>
>>3333247
>And in the end they've abandoned the ship
They never did, the government stayed loyal to Germany until the very end, and got executed/jailed/exiled post-war.
>>
>>3333381
>Hitler
>Napoleon
>crushed by Britain
Spot the Anglo
>>
>>3333366
He saved an officer from "no mans land" (even though the officer died from wounds later) and suffered a gas attack later on in the war
>>
File: 0efdxxq.jpg (342KB, 1104x702px) Image search: [Google]
0efdxxq.jpg
342KB, 1104x702px
>>3333381
>My Grandfather fought at D-Day

Wait, there were Brits who took part in the D-Day?
Or maybe your grandad is one of these American soldiers that impregnated British housewives...
>>
File: frodo.png (325KB, 560x559px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
325KB, 560x559px
>>3333386
Wow, your detective work astonishes me, anon. Shouldn't you be solving crime rather than posting on 4chan. I'm amazed! How did you spot me?!
>>
>>3333394
Meh
In his first battle Napoleon killed rredcoats with his saber
>>
>>3333395
>Wait, there were Brits who took part in the D-Day?

Try nearly 50% of the ground troops and 80%-90% of the naval forces, dumbass.
>>
>>3333407
Because Anglos are the only people deluded enough to believe they did anything of note against either Hitler or Napoleon.
>>
>>3333202
They couldn't sell advertising using Hitler, if the obsession with Hitler wasn't their you smug dumbass.
>>
>>3333418
Kek, I actually feel bad for you.
>>
>>3333427
Why?
>>
>>3333351
Why was he only ever promoted to corporal then?
>>3333357
>Napoleon was viewed as the anti-christ by his contemporaries
Only by insane, out-of-touch Anglos
>>
>>3333413
Redcoats were shit tier tho
You'd tell me he killed Prussian soldiers I'd be impressed, but Redcoats...
>>
>>3333379
>kikes
>innocent
Anti-Semitic memes aside, that still just shows that the deciding factor is loss of Jewish life rather than the loss of innocent life in general, and no one actually values innocence.
>>
>>3333394
>He saved an officer from "no mans land"
Not exactely, IIRC said officer was standing and overlooking the land and some inaccurate MG fire and Hitler with another postman forced him down and convinced him not to risk his life.

>(even though the officer died from wounds later)
You make it sound like it was from the same incident.

Hitler lived in relative comfort throughout the war, incomparable to the men on the front who faced actual danger on daily basis.
>>
>>3333440
EXACTLY like Hitler in other words.
>>
>>3333452
fugg it's getting late
>and some inaccurate MG fire
then he was targetted by some inaccurate MG fire
>>
>>3333432
Because of your delusional jealousy and historical illiteracy.
>>
>>3333474
Well, it's the Anglos who desperately feel the need to be relevant and Mary Sue themselves into actual historical events, the rest of the world isn't taking them seriously. Saying Britain won WW2 would be like saying Poland won it.
>>
>>3333485
In other words you don't know anything about WW2 and came here from /int/ to shitpost.

I would love to see you expand on this thesis. Go ahead.
>>
>>3333501
The burden is on you to prove the Anglos did anything worthwile during WW2. By all means, keep amusing me.
>>
>replies:83 posters:26

Holy fuck the number of (You) in this thread
>>
>>3333509
I could give dozens and dozens of points. I'll wait for you to deal with this >>3333415 until I can even be arsed to have a discussion with someone that knows zero about WW2 and has no point to make.
>>
>>3333509
To start: 1.3M tons of fun dropped from sky
>>
File: so tired rite nao.png (49KB, 660x500px) Image search: [Google]
so tired rite nao.png
49KB, 660x500px
>>3333027
>>
>>3333546
Literally
t. Napoleonphile
>>
>>3333027
Because Napoleon was not a racist cuck
>>
>>3333537
>>3333543
>declare war over Poland, too scared to take any action for months
>get the living shit kicked out of you in Norway
>run away like bitches in Dunkirk while France is collapsing
>get bootyblasted in Denmark straits while having significant naval advantage
>get royally destroyed by a numerically smaller Japanese force in Singapore, colonies so fucked and aware of your incompetence you can barely hold on to India which isn't even getting invaded
>cower on your shithole island for years while gobbling up lend lease welfare at a higher rate than the Russians, just to survive
>let Russia do all the heavy lifting in Europe and America in the Pacific
>once all German forces are tied up on the Eastern Front, start bombing civilian cities
>piggyback the Americans during D-Day, fighting against a tiny force of pensioners and teenagers
>the most significant British action of the war, Dresden, is just shellacking a defenseless city long after the outcome of the war was decided
Pathetic. Only real "victory" happened in North Africa because Rommel went full retard and managed to outrun his own supply lines.
>>
>>3333570
Muhammad was white, though.
>>
>>3333027
Nice try, Lindy.
>>
>>3333333
>>
>>3333580

So you've never heard of the Battle of Britain? You are unaware of reverse lend-lease to the USA? Or enigma? Or UK lend-lease to the USSR?

I love the way you ran away from dealing with this >>3333415 btw
>>
File: 157238_orig.jpg (52KB, 840x488px) Image search: [Google]
157238_orig.jpg
52KB, 840x488px
>>3333598
>UK lend lease
UK was a net aid receiver in that war. Useless parasite of a country even in war.
>>
>>3333610
So in other words you are moving the goal posts further and further away as you get destroyed.

Like I said, I just feel bad for you.
>>
>>3333595
>mods moving a GET thread
Talk about being totally fucked in the head.
>>
>>3333618
Nobody except the Brits themselves believe that "Brits beat Hitler". I guess propaganda is still going strong on your poverty island.
>>
File: top jej.png (43KB, 971x551px) Image search: [Google]
top jej.png
43KB, 971x551px
>Anglos
>>
>>3333627
I must have missed the part where Nazi Germany won the Battle of Britain.

Maybe you can tell me more about the Nazi victory.
>>
>>3333644
I must have missed the part where Battle of Britain was relevant.
>>
>>3333639
I'm more than happy with this, I joined this thread when someone claimed the UK did literally nothing and was the same as Poland in relevance in WW2. I see your post as complete vindication of everything I said.
>>
>>3333644
>Battle of Shitstain = all of WW2
Wew lad
>>
>>3333650
I can only laugh at that. It doesn't even deserve a serious response.
>>
>>3333662
>random utterly ridiculous greentext strawman
>>
>>3333661
>no country except Britain itself believes Britain contributed the most
>complete vindication
The mental gymnastics are pure comedy
>>
>>3333676
>>3333381
>>
>>3333677
>>3333683

see >>3333418>>3333485

You poor people are hilarious.
>>
>>3333027
>the guy who established laws that last to this day
vs
>warmonger who lost his first war and killed himself out of shame
>>
>>3333027
t. Queen Elizabeth
>>
>>3333588
So are jews, your point?
>>
>>3333418
Didn't Britain basically bankroll the all the Allies against Napoleon?
>>
>>3333027

Because it's 70 years since Hitler happened and 200 years since Napoleon happened.

In 130 years Hitler will be 2 pages in a history book that nobody will give a fuck about and it'll be totally ok to be "a fan of Hitler".
>>
>>3333078
Would Russia have survived without General Winter? Signs point to no though.
>>
>>3333991
>In 130 years Hitler will be 2 pages in a history book that nobody will give a fuck about and it'll be totally ok to be "a fan of Hitler".

Incorrect. Hitler went against (((them))), Napoleon did not. So you can imagine that what you say won't happen unless (((they))) are taken care of.
>>
File: Goldberg the perfect German.jpg (200KB, 1024x1567px) Image search: [Google]
Goldberg the perfect German.jpg
200KB, 1024x1567px
>>3333200
lol
>>
>>3333598
Enigma was cracked by POLISH codebreakers
>>
File: 1472855532444.png (695KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472855532444.png
695KB, 640x480px
>>3333546
>Hitler was hated by everyone except his own cronies and loyalists
Hitler was hated by governments and certain ethnicities that he targeted at most, not sure what he means when he says "everyone".
>>
>>3333054
>>No irrational genocides
Bruttal repression in the peninsular war, fuck off
>>Isn't personally responsible for starting the wars, blame goes to both sides
So goes ww2 with Hitler and Churchill
>>His regime was found immoral mostly by monarchists
Why is that bad and how is the caos of the revolution better?
>>Was actually competent
So was Hitler
>>
>>3333068

To be fair you have very good looking lebensbraun
>>
>>3333114
>>3333118
>>3333143
>>3333154
>>3333162
You are all damn morrons.
Slavs very much are focused on Hitler, or rather fascism, which is the remnant of the commie rule. But not nearly all of them are negative towards fascists. A huge part of diehard patriots stamp everyone against their country as fascist, that much is true, but there are also others who hold grudges which make them pick the fascist side. There is the eternal anti-commie butthurt belt with Ukraine as the front, many of them sympathized with fascists evem during the occupation. Many slavs dislike jews heavily, so there is not necessarily an inherent aversion to the holocaust. Many of them will unironically tell you that "Hitler did nothing (or atleast not much) wrong" despite living through WWII in the union themselves, because in their eyes the end justifies the means and they honestly believe Hitlers might have made the world a better place (which might stem from the deeply seated racial tensions in former soviet union countries).
A huge part of slavs do not hate Hitler and his subordinates for being genocidal maniacs, but simply for invading their country. Anon is right regarding slavs not giving a shit about Hitler and his ideals personally like westerners do. It is absolutely unsurprising considering their own madmen ruling the country back in the day (and today aswell).

t. Slav hailing from bumfuck Russia with relatives all across Eastern Europe and Asia
>>
>>3333180

It's degenarate alright, but even candidate Hitler would distinciate a private network from a public one
>>
>>3334231
>Bruttal repression in the peninsular war
Please tell me about Napoopan eradicating Spanish as a race to free room for French settlers

>So goes ww2 with Hitler and Churchill
Jesus, another one of those morons who want to diminish Hitler's role in starting the war without even knowing Chuchill was powerless before Hitler started the war.

>Why is that bad and how is the chaos of the revolution better?
I break it down for you: Point was that opinion of monarchists is irrelevant now. It was not an ethical argument, but a fact explaining why people don't treat Napoleons "ideology" as evil.

>So was Hitler
Hitler was competent in gaining power over his nation, thing is he used the power to drive the nation into a wall full speed. Other thing he was competent in was backstabbing and exploiting pacifism of European leaders. Don't get me wrong, these were strategical useful, but not exactely qualities we deem worthy of respect.
>>
>>3333054
Britain was belligerent to Germany along with Poland after Piłsudski died, Hitler was just undoing Versailles and they didn't like that.
>>
>>3334245
>A huge part of slavs do not hate Hitler and his subordinates for being genocidal maniacs, but simply for invading their country.
Or more likely for invading their countries and being a genocidal maniac there?

>Many of them will unironically tell you that "Hitler did nothing (or atleast not much) wrong" despite living through WWII in the union themselves, because in their eyes the end justifies the means and they honestly believe Hitlers might have made the world a better place
Isn't that case only true in Baltics? From my experience only people who say "Hitler wasn't all that bad" follow it with "He killed Jews/Gypsies"
>>
>>3333029
Neither did Adolf.
>>
>>3334288
>with Poland after Piłsudski died
When will this fucking meme end? Pilsudksi was no friend of Hitler, on the contrary.

>Hitler was just undoing Versailles and they didn't like that.
Yet they handled him Austria, Rheinland and Czechoslovakia on a silver platter. They didn't liked Hitler, but only thing they were willing to do was to express "deep concern".
>>
>>3333027
How can you even compare him to Hiter?
Napoopan was competent.
>>
>>3334173
das rite.
And the commonwealth had 5 trillion polish soldiers storming the beaches.
>>
>>3334279
>Please tell me about Napoopan eradicating Spanish as a race to free room for French settlers
Ill thell you of disposetion of propriety to feed the french army, executions, pillaging, rapes and plans to divide countries and award arbitarly to other people, close to genocide, neither less rutheless and murderous
>Jesus, another one of those morons who want to diminish Hitler's role in starting the war without even knowing Chuchill was powerless before Hitler started the war.
Yet Churchill was the only one refusing peace and he started bombing german cities before Hitler, not to mention his background from Gallipoli
>I break it down for you: Point was that opinion of monarchists is irrelevant now. It was not an ethical argument, but a fact explaining why people don't treat Napoleons "ideology" as evil.
So is the opinion of nazis and neo-nazis. and?
>Hitler was competent in gaining power over his nation, thing is he used the power to drive the nation into a wall full speed. Other thing he was competent in was backstabbing and exploiting pacifism of European leaders. Don't get me wrong, these were strategical useful, but not exactely qualities we deem worthy of respect.
He wansnt even german, how is the "coup" of the fire of the reichstag worse than Napoleon declaring himself consul for life and later emperor?
At least Hitler ended the unrest from the weimar and tackled unemployment and feed the hungry while Napoleon was a dwarf nespot whose priority was giving his brothers a random crown
>>
>>3334373

>Yet Churchill was the only one refusing peace

Because only a fucking retard would trust Hitler after he'd already broken every previous peace agreement, including the Munich Agreement.

>he started bombing german cities before Hitler

[citation desperately needed]

>not to mention his background from Gallipoli

Gallipoli was an attempt to take the Dardenelles from the Ottomans that failed. Hardly the only failed offensive in WW1. Not sure why this is supposed to matter for WW2.
>>
>>3333818
No they're not.
>>
>>3334339
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_Rejewski
>>
>>3333381
In 200 years napoleon will be remembered as an eternal hero who fought against the nuclear crater formerly known as great britain
>>
>>3334231
> Hitler was competent

Germany was split in half, 8 million Germans were killed, Berlin was leveled, 2 million German women were raped by the Red Army, the Prussian state and historic cities of Konigsburg, Danzing lost forever.

Is that what competence sounds like to you?
>>
File: 2258833._UY450_SS450_.jpg (34KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
2258833._UY450_SS450_.jpg
34KB, 450x450px
>>3334420
>Because only a fucking retard would trust Hitler after he'd already broken every previous peace agreement
Pat Buchanan is one of those retards. He unironically thinks WW2 is all Britain's fault.
>>
>>3333301
Exactly, he was seen as basically a god in the eyes of his men for his leadership, charisma, and fighting ability. He still fought even when he was old as fuck.
>>
>>3333027

Napoleon's Empire was still more or less against the Ancien Regime, despite him being yet another monarch right after a revolution supposedly against monarchy.

Compaired to the Crowned head's of Europe at the time Napoleon's state would still appear very.. I guess liberal. I wouldn't consider it an ideal society, but it was probably the first time normal people got a shot a life where aristocrats and clergy didn't have the monopoly on everything.

If you weren't an aristocrat, clergy, or some sort of lucky gentry, you probably had much more to gain in his system than the old one.

Hitler's system really only works if you are part of the Volk, otherwise you're just an obstacle.

Most of today's Europeans would consider themselves heirs to the citizen tradition of Revolutionary France. Can't say the same about the Third Reich
>>
>>3334723
Also the Law Code.

Leaving behind a law code that gets used everywhere also tends to boast your posthumous reputation.
>>
>>3333027
Napoelon brought about the ideas of liberalism, and massively shaped european history, i'd argue for the better, showing that psudeo-republican governments, and governments and societies that operate out of meritocracy are far more capable than governmnets ran by Monarchy, and established groups running things (the clergy, the nobility, etc)
>>
>>3334187
You don't get resistance movements from a 12 strong cabinet.
>>
>>3334231
CHURCHILL WAS NOT PRIME MINISTER AT THE OUTBREAK OF WAR YOU STUPID /POL/ INFOGRAPHIC GOBBLING, FUCKING RETARD, READ A FUCKING BOOK
>>
>>3334513
He is right, you know.
>>
>>3334755
Britain's Foreign Policy regarding europe was to ensure that nobody achieved total dominance, Germany was vying to become a superpower, Hitler knew this, anyone with even the slightest political knowledge would know that if there's one thing Britain wouldn't tolerate it'd be dominance of a foreign power over Europe.

To allow Hitler to take the territory he wanted would've meant an incredibly empowered germany, ran by a dictator, who consistently ignored post war treaties, Britain's main power was in her fleet, by stopping the war all the British would gain would be a stay of the sword, as Germany would be able to construct a modern fleet in peacetime.

Britain had nothing to gain from a white peace and everything to lose from it.
>>
he was legit top 5 military commander of all time
Hitler's only success is greenlighting the Battle of France
>>
>>3333285
Currently reading it right now anon. What are your thoughts?
>>
I actually had a dream that I was in Napoleon's entourage. He kicked me out when I said to stick to the Baltic and march to St. Petersburg instead of going to Moscow.
>>
>>3334999
I've never had a /his/ dream before, what are they like?
>>
>>3335102
vivid
short
vague
i had a dream i was in a court advisor for Joseon Gorea and i walked around plucking worms in a garden
>>
>>3335311
Lucky. I want to have a dream in Goryeo.
>>
>>3333357
Marxism is a much weaker force in academia than it was a few decades ago. Why do /pol/tards not get this?
>>
>>3333027
Fuck off britcuck. I can smell your rotten porridge breath from here
>>
>>3334500

You are saying things as if Hitler was the incarnation of emperor Nero, instead of stating that the new world order after ww2 was made by people equally as bad as Hitler.. they didn't do that to France when Napoleon was defeated

>>3334752

Learn to read faggot, i blamed Churchill for escalating the war instead of chosing peace
>>
>>3334420
>Because only a fucking retard would trust Hitler after he'd already broken every previous peace agreement, including the Munich Agreement.
They would rather trust those that argued for the dismatling of the european colonial empires, instead of playing neutrality or joining up against the soviets
>[citation desperately needed]
The RAF began bombing Germany in March 1940. In September 1940, the Luftwaffe began targeting British cities
>Gallipoli was an attempt to take the Dardenelles from the Ottomans that failed. Hardly the only failed offensive in WW1. Not sure why this is supposed to matter for WW2.
Gallipoli shows how Churchill is rewarding battles, a man that didn't give a fuck he just wanted glory, and he got to lead the country in ww2 as a constant Gallipoli campaign. had the usa been hidle what would be of poor britain?
>>
>>3335457
>rewarding

regarding, * fixed
>>
>>3335442
why would the Brits want peace with Adolph?
>>
>>3335477

Because they were alone and isolated after France was defeated, were Hitler able to take suez with Mussolini and made the iberians join in his side taking Gibraltar, and the brits wouldnt even have the colonies, nor their garrison or fleets
>>
>>3333100
show me one document it should be easy to find that proves hitler knew of the death camps. Why is this so hard to prove?
>>
>>3334323
Piłsudski didn't have to be best buds with Hitler to not be belligerent and see another war with Germany wasn't in the interests of Poland.
>b-b-but muh private conversations and anecdotes

>Yet they handled him Austria, Rheinland and Czechoslovakia on a silver platter.
And I'm sure they loved that - No, they didn't, and eventually the camels back of pusillanimity to avoid a mutually catastrophic war in favour of something they knew was against their own selfish interests broke.
>>
>>3333027
He emancipated the Jews so the (((people))) who control the media portray him in a positive light.
>>
>>3334771
>Britain's Foreign Policy regarding europe was to ensure that nobody achieved total dominance
How come they didn't declare war on the Soviet Union as well? They were also invading Poland.
>>
>>3333027
because he was french... look at how de gaulle is still revered, the guy was a cowardly asshole.
>>
>>3335711
t. Briton
>>
>>3335703
They planned to but their plans were thwarted by Germany invading France, see Operation Pike.
>>
>>3335727
Never knew that, it's interesting to know that the allies were this close to making Germany and the Soviet Union making an actual alliance with each other.
>>
>>3334292
>Isn't that case only true in Baltics?

Slavs are inherently fascist obsessed with "MUH COUNTRY!". Croats suck Hitlers cock like you wouldn't believe and Serbs hate Hitler because he spoke German and Serbs are trigger as fuck by anyone who speaks German, but given the chance they would also holocaust every non-Serb in existence so if anything their Hitler butthurt is "he did what we wanted to do to everyone else but he did it better".

The Hitler obsession in the west comes from the fear of fascism destroying their individual freedoms. Slavs don't have individual freedoms in their countries and all of them already live in fascistic shitholes so to them Hitler isn't a boogeyman, just a dude that did an invasion.
>>
I will never not be astounded by how easily Napoleon got off the first time he was defeated and how retarded he was to go back and give it another shot.
>>
>>3335812
>by how easily Napoleon got off the first time he was defeated
>implying

He was dethroned, which was harsher than what the average monarch was inflicted upon losing a war in that era
Don't try to judge it with retarded WW2 standards (and even then, Hirohito was spared and granted gentler tems than Napoleon)
>>
>>3335669
>Piłsudski didn't have to be best buds with Hitler to not be belligerent and see another war with Germany wasn't in the interests of Poland.
He might (emphasis on might) have not wanted a war with Germany, but he wanted to be prepared for one. This hasn't changed when he died.

>favour of something they knew was against their own selfish interests broke
Because lives of Polish citizens are British self-interest, right? It was Hitler's unsatisfiable hunger for foreign land that started the war, nothing else.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (8KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
8KB, 266x190px
>>3335791
>Slavs are inherently fascist obsessed with "MUH COUNTRY!"
That's not really fascism

>The Hitler obsession in the west comes from the fear of fascism destroying their individual freedoms.
correct

>Hitler isn't a boogeyman, just a dude that did an invasion.
Incorrect, just because boogeymanship stems less from totalitarian nature of his ideology and more of his genocides and mistreatment of Slavic peoples doesn't mean he is not a boogeyman.
>>
>>3334339
it literally was though you historically illiterate fuck
>>
>>3335868
Hitler would've wanted gibs of "Polish land" "given back" in Versailles anyway so perhaps conflict was inevitable.

>Because lives of Polish citizens are British self-interest, right?
Yeah you retard, Brits don't do any of that shit out of altruism, keeping the Aryan man down and continental Europe fractured into lesser powers than itself rather than having one or two major powers who could threaten Britain on an economic/political/industrial level was in their interests.

>By days and by nights the British Government watches and works to isolate its competitor from the comity of nations, to ring it around with hostile foes. When the time is propitious, the blow is struck, the allies of Britain encompass its rival by land and the fleet of Britain swoops upon its commerce by sea. In one short month the commerce-raiding fleet of Great Britain destroys a trade built up in forty years of slow peaceful industry, as it has just done in the case of Germany.
>Examining the history of the foreign relations of Great Britain since the rise of the capitalist class to power in that country, the continuity of this policy becomes obvious and as marvellous as it is obvious.
>Neither religion nor race affinity nor diversity of political or social institutions availed to save a competitor of England. The list of commercial rivals or would-be rivals is fairly large, and gives the economic key to the reasons for the great wars of Britain. In that list we find Spain, Holland, France, Denmark and now Germany. Britain must rule the waves, and when the continental nations wished to make at the Hague a law forbidding the capture of merchant vessels during war, Britain refused her assent. Naturally! It is her power to capture merchant ships during war that enables Britain to cut the throat of a commercial rival at her own sweet will.
>>
>>3335949
>Hitler would've wanted gibs of "Polish land" "given back" in Versailles anyway so perhaps conflict was inevitable.
Hitler is entirely to blame for aggresion against Polish people. There is no other way to put it.

>don't do any of that shit out of altruism
How much would occupied Poland damage Britain? If they just wanted to keep the Iranian man down they would do so at the Rheinland or during the Sudetland crisis.
>>
>>3333546
this napoleonophile just made me like hitler
should communicate it to him somehow
>>
>>3333027
because hitler wasnt a tyrant
>>
>>3334000
>Would Russia have survived without General Winter?
Yeah i heard russian winter is super cold in October-November you know when Napoleon actually escaped Russia.
>>
>>3335489
nice whatism my friend
>>
>>3333027
Napoleon restructured the political mess that was Europe, especially Germany, and spread democratic ideas (the code civil) while doing so.

Hitler destroyed a well functioning continent while spreading racism, fascism, and genociding peoples.
>>
>>3336840

You have no idea how close iberians were to enter the war
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_Pact
About the Suez, epic british defense against all ods, would be uselles anyway with Gibraltar under the axis
>>
>>3336874
>Hitler destroyed a well functioning continent while spreading racism, fascism, and genociding peoples.

Hitler and is scientists are responsable for many inventions and blueprints to future ones to, dont be a faggot, genocide is no worse than polítical or religious repression from the moment on you start killing people, not to mention depression europe was fat from being (((a well functionating continent))) and that Napoleon was a murderous midget
>>
>>3333027
Fuck off Lindy.
>>
>>3336896
Hitler failed to court the Spanish in any case,Franco says that he owe nothing to the German except one division of his men to be sent off to Russia
Spain was very dependent on sea trade,declaring war on Britain means shooting their foot and risking war when they already just starting to recover from their civil war
>>
>>3333395
The axis really like their posters about women cheating at home while the men were away.
>>
>>3336907

Many scientists were sent to the Ostfront because the nazis didn't care for their work. Just because nazis took the more military applicable research doesn't mean they deserve the credit for it. The loss to the world of german science is entirely blameable on the nazis.
>>
>>3336874

Btw, go around north africa and iraq and say that spreading democracy trough force works, or ask any countrymen were he put a brother on charge of the country if that was democracy
>>
Like Hitler, too greedy and aggressive, France could have established itself as a permanent continental hegemon with a leader a bit more wise. Oh well.
>>
>>3336926
They weren't "lost" they just GTFO when Nazis began doing purity inspections and found a new home in the United States. Some scientists went to considerable lengths, and endured great professional and personal sacrifices, to shield their Jewish colleagues from the wrath of the mob of right-wing apes
>>
File: 313gf.png (84KB, 248x880px) Image search: [Google]
313gf.png
84KB, 248x880px
>>3336932
except they btfo the iraqis pretty easily
>>
>>3336917

He basically bid is time delaying as much possible until Hitler stoped caring

>>3336926

And NASA thanks the germans to
>>
>>3333053
>>>/pol/

You've overstayed your welcome.
>>
>>3336907
"Hitler's scientists" lol. Germany was sweeping the nobel prices every year while Hitler still was dreaming about becoming a painter.
>>
>>3335457

Bombing Germany is not the same as bombing German cities.
>>
File: byronic.jpg (30KB, 416x550px)
byronic.jpg
30KB, 416x550px
>>3333027
>nationalist
>edgelord
>definitely autistic
>literally wrote an ode to Napoleon like twenty years after he was defeated despite being from the country that defeated him
Was Byron a proto-/pol/fag?
>>
>>3333395
>brits weren't fighting
>posts pic saying they were
Make your mind up fatty
>>
>>3333327
They did
>>
>>3333395
>calling their enemies cucks
truly the nazis were ahead of their time
>>
>>3333202
You realize how advertising works right? Appealing to the lowest common denominator. I'm an American and I can tell you that a very large amount of people here believe the Nazi's to be the greatest evil ever on earth.
>>
>>3333208
>autobiography
>by Gibb's
WTF is this book? Somebody who belongs to Gibb wrote a book about their-self? What's it got to do with Napoleon?
>>
>>3333580
Thick yank spotted. Too many fallacies to even bother with. Did you get rejected again butch?
>>
>>3335791
>Slavs don't have individual freedoms in their countries and all of them already live in fascistic shitholes
Imagine being this stupid
>>
>>3333027
back to youtube, Lindy
>>
>>3333074
>Emperor of the French
>most Democratic
>>
>>3334245
>morrons
Stopped there. Kek.
>>
>>3335711
Of course the French revere a supreme coward. To be a coward is to be truly French.
>>
>>3336974

Just because he sent away many good ones does not mean it was a total braindrain, it was worse after ww2 ended i think

>>3336954

Intresting, but i was spearking of Saddam era and the arab spring
>>
File: transferir (5).jpg (16KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
transferir (5).jpg
16KB, 277x182px
>>3336977

Sure, tell me how Hitler was a bad guy but Stalin and Churchill, and others of the like were not
>>
>>3337291
>>
>>3337320

Kek, no argue, both bombed and killed innocent civilans, that makes both terrible tough
>>
>>3333395
YANKED
>>
>>3334936
Ansolutely fantastic. Roberts (mostly) manages to shatter the Anglo-centric narrative of the Napoleonic wars. It was legitimitaly difficult to read about the betrayals, like the fall of a tragic hero.
>>
>>3333078
He defeated Russia multiple times over the Napoleonic wars.
>>
>>3333027
He was considered a tyrant equal to Hitler. His nickname was '' the Corsican Ogre'' and "Robespierre on horseback" Then time passed and truth turned out to be different much more complex.
I expect the same will happen with Hitler.
>>
>>3337089
>voted consul democratically
>voted consul for life democratically
>voted for him to be come emperor democratically
Woah
>>
>>3337089
democracy first and foremost means giving people rights, universal suffrage can but doesnt have to be one of those right. he finished feudalism off and basically lay the groundwork for the later democracies.
>>
>>3337914
>He was considered a tyrant equal to Hitler.
Only by Anglos and Austrians.
>>
>>3337914
no, because hitler literally killed a democracy and replaced it with a fascist, racist, warmongering state, and then let his home country into a war that killed tens of millions and divided his home country for 50 years. there is nothing positive about hitler.
>>
>>3337937
And Spain and Prussia and Russia..
Hitler is only considered to be "Hitler" by Europeans and Americans. His reputation elsewhere is very different.
>>
>>3337932
Democracy has literally nothing to do with rights other than the right to vote.
>>
>>3337953
>Hitler is only considered to be Hitler by the nations he actually interacted with
Wow really tingles the coconuts
>>
>>3334231
Britain:Stop invading
Hitler: Okay
>Invades another country
Britain: God fucking damnit
>>
>>3337953
>And Spain and Prussia and Russia
lol no. At least not today. Comparing Napoleon and Hitler is simply silly. Napoleon was not a genocidal maniac.
>>
>>3337950
>>>3337914 (You)
>no, because hitler literally killed a democracy and replaced it with a fascist, racist, warmongering state, and then let his home country into a war that killed tens of millions and divided his home country for 50 years. there is nothing positive about hitler.

There are positive things about Hitler, but first I want you to know that every single point you made about Hitler above can and has been applied to Napoleon during his lifetime and after his death.

>Hitler killed democracy and replaced with with a fascist warmongering state
Napoleon literally turned a democratic Republic into an authoritarian empire and successfully eliminated all political and press opposition at home. Race played no part in Napoleons worldview though.

>warmongering
And Napoleon was a hippie? He used mass conscription to wage war against virtually all of Europe, repeatedly. They're not called the Napoleon wars for no reason.

>killed tens of millions
the Napoleonic wars killed millions and millions of Europeans.

>divided his home country for 50 years
France was severely weakened post Vienna. Only Restoration of the Bourbons made the Vienna powers go easy on France.

Napoleon is a stunning example of how the passing of time can change people's perceptions of a Historical figure. It will happen with Hitler too.
>>
>>3337954
in the ancient sense maybe, where "democracy" was basically tyranny of the majority. in the modern sense it means 1. secularisation 2. dividing governmental powers 3. governments can be removed in peaceful ways

and all of this serves one purpose --> protecting the individual from the government.
>>
>>3337997
>secularisation
Oh fuck off. You're confusing liberal democracy with democracy per se.
>>
>>3337995
France after the french revolution was many things, but not a democracy.

The napoleonic wars were also not by far as destructive as hitlers war, neither for France nor for europe.

also, you know, napoleon was actually a genius on the battlefield while hitler was militarily completely incompetent.
>>
>>3338006
I think you dont know what modern democracy means. it is not a tyranny of the majority like ancient athens or some germanic tribes.
>>
>>3337982
I didn't say today. My entire point is that these things change over time. The perception of Napoleon wasn't the same during his lifetime as it is today, and Hitler will not be viewed in the same way in 2117 as he is today. We are still too close to the war period and emotions are still high, not to mention that Hitler lost his war; it is expected that he be vilified the way he is at the moment.
>>
>>3338021
Modern democracy is liberal democracy. It's not the only form of democracy that exists.
>>
>>3337958
He also interacted with Japan and Italy. He interacted with Arab states and his image in the US was very positive before the war (remember the Time person of the Year).
>>
>>3335442

>You are saying things as if Hitler was the incarnation of emperor Nero

Nero was unironically much better than Hitler.
>>
>>3338035
>Italy is not in Europe
>>
>>3338028
all the others are only democracys by name.
>>
>>3338050
>democracy is what I say it is
>>
>>3338014
>>>3337995 (You)
>France after the french revolution was many things, but not a democracy.
It was for a time, but civil war and chaos brought about limitations and even reversals of civil rights. But those were justified as an important means to safeguard liberty, which is not something Napoleon ever bothered to claim. Also the consuls were elected and Bonaparte was elected to consulship for life.
>The napoleonic wars were also not by far as destructive as hitlers war, neither for France nor for europe.
The technology was very different but those wars were bloody for their time.
>also, you know, napoleon was actually a genius on the battlefield while hitler was militarily completely incompetent.
I agree on this
>>
>>3338051
you can call a duck a dog but it will still be quacking.
>>
>>3338036
No.
>>
>>3338065

Yes.
>>
>>3338061
>a country with elections and universal suffrage is not a democracy because they don't have tranny right
>>
>>3338026
He will be. There is simply no excuse for what he did or what he planned to do.

Holocaust, Hunger Plan, Generalplan Ost are all objectively very evil things. Nothing Napoleon did is comparable to Nazi war crimes.
>>
>>3338086
>Generalplan Ost
Stopped reading there, fiction doesn't count.
>>
>>3338092
You have to go back
>>
>>3338098
Show me a single piece of primary documentation of Generalplan Ost.
Hard mode: show any indication that Hitler ever knew of such a plan, or signed off on it
>>
>>3338092
Oh, so you're a retarded neo-Nazi who doesn't believe in established facts? Poland was destroyed as a country. Polish schools were closed and Polish intellectuals exterminated. Zamojszczyzna was depopulated and some 12.000 German colonists were moved there.

But of course it's fiction. When Ukrainians declared independence their leaders got arrested. What were German plans for Ukraine? Or Poland?
>>
>>3338119
Please refer to >>3338106
I'm not talking about killing some Poles in general. I'm talking about GP Ost SPECIFICALLY.
>>
>>3335549
Because everytime you say that it's a fake made by ((them)) or other shit.
>>
File: 3684845200_e49d53dd13_z.jpg (77KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
3684845200_e49d53dd13_z.jpg
77KB, 500x333px
>>3337027
no they didnt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Haitians
>>
>>3333027
In some countries like Poland he's considered an ally in the fight against Russia, Prussia and Austria.
>>
>>3338106
You do know though that hitler literally started the war because he wanted Lebensraum im Osten?
>>
>>3338128
Poland was part of GP Ost. Zamojszczyzna wasn't in the Reich, it was part of the GG.
>>
>>3338106
>Hard mode: show any indication that Hitler ever knew of such a plan, or signed off on it
>Hitler was such an awful dictator that his own paramilitary top officials could draft a whole plan about ethnic cleansing necessary for his dreams of East European Lebensraum without him knowing about it.
>>
>>3338159
So it should be easy to provide those things I asked for, no?

>>3338176
GP Ost was (according to Nuremberg investigators, not me):
1. Just a draft that was never put in action
2. Completely destroyed and had to be reconstructed from scratch
3. Never approved by Himmler, Hitler or any of the sort

So let's assume GP Ost was definitely real, just for the sake of argument. In that case, saying that the soldiers were following GP Ost would be like saying some random bill proposal in America that wasn't even introduced to the legislative body yet, is the official state policy. It was literally A DRAFT.
>>
>>3338176
Hitler was more interested in military matters. He wanted Jews and Slavs gone but left the details to others and didn't care about the rest humanitarian or not.
>>
>>3338106
>Show me a single piece of primary documentation of Generalplan Ost.
Look at the last page. Does it satisfy you?
http://www.ifz-muenchen.de/heftarchiv/1958_3_5_heiber.pdf

>show any indication that Hitler ever knew of such a plan
>http://reader.library.cornell.edu/docviewer/digital?id=nur:00459#page/1/mode/1up
>https://www.cwporter.com/gl3.htm
>>
>>3335422
>every asshole and his dog is bitching about "late stage capitalism lol" on Twitter
>hurr durr Marxism is weaker than ever bro

Yeah, I've read Sun Tzu, that "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak." shit doesn't fly with me.

>b-but it's not my special snowflake interpretation of Marxism so it doesn't count as REAL Marxism!

Fuck off Red.
>>
>>3338208
Provide what? An order? You know it's not easy because the Nazis destroyed a lot of their documents.

>never put in action
It was put in action in Poland.
>>
>>3338211
I think you really have trouble following my questions. See >>3338128
Very low IQ people (like you) have been using the term Generalplan Ost as an umbrella term for any sort of ethnic cleansing that happened in Eastern Europe. I'm asking about that plan specifically.
>>
>>3338220
It was a draft. Any killings of Poles that happened weren't related to this specific plan.
>>
>>3338227
>umbrella term for any sort of ethnic cleansing
Well it is used as such (if we of course exclude Jews and gypsies), because Nazis themselves used it as such. It was a broad plan what to do with occupied territories and most importantly Nazis acted in the spirit of it.
>>
>>3338086
>There is simply no excuse for what he did or what he planned to do.

and yet here I sit in Weimerica thinking about Jews have altered the course of this country and I can't help but think Hitler might have been onto something with that whole "Final Solution" thing.

Now I'm not saying he should have killed them...
but I understand.
>>
>>3338227
>White supremacy or white supremacism is a racist ideology based upon the belief that white people are superior in many ways to people of other races and that therefore white people should be dominant over other races.
You cannot be dominant over other races if other races don't exist. Hence these ideologies are mutual exclusives.
>>
>>3338236
What about this?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_Zamo%C5%9B%C4%87
>>
>>3338267
That's because you're a loser who blames your own failures on Jews.
>>
>>3338313
It goes deeper than that, some people just need some sinister dark force to help them explain the world and fill it with meaning.
>>
>>3338267
>Weimerica
Wait, you think modern USA is like Weimar Republic? Jesus, you guys really should read some books before posting here.
>>
>>3338313
Not the person you're replying to, but this is textbook rule 13 from Alinsky's book. Not attacking the idea, but attacking the poster. Creating a strawman that he has "personal failures" (he could be a rich lawyer for all you know), then postulating that said fictional failures are the reason why he became a fan of Hitler as a coping mechanism.
As an argument it's absolute dogshit, even as a snarky shitpost of a reply it's pretty poor.
>>
>>3338351
>not attacking the idea
What idea? He just whines that modern America is like Weimar Republic (it's not) because of Jews. I don't see any arguments here.
>>
>>3338362
Well and instead of trying to refute (real or imaginary) Jewish influence in America, you attack the poster, the messenger.
It really is similar to the approach assumed by many while dissecting the ideas of Hitler himself. That Hitler began hating the Jews because:
>Jewish girl rejected him
>Jewish professor kicked him out of art school
>Jewish officer during the war was mean to him
>he was jealous of Jews being rich
etc
In other words, trying to isolate the agenda, tying it to the messenger, and then dismissing it altogether as some sort of misguided notion resulting from personal trauma or mental pathology, instead of addressing the actual idea itself and depersonalizing it.
Basically, it's a woman-tier argumentation.
>>
>>3338345
Weimerica is just a meme bro, a figure of speech referencing the dissolute culture and atmosphere of stark political tension that fills the air and occasionally manifests in street violence between Communists and Nazis. Obviously there isn't a direct mirroring of the two societies anon, I mean the "democratic" Socialists didn't win the election and don't hold political power after all.

Stop being such a fun hating Jew loving autist.
:^)
>>
>>3338477
It's still extremly superficial with only correct point being the streetfighting between left and right. But you are just an American, so you are forgiven.

:^)
>>
>>3334373
>regular stuff under wartime and toppling is the same thing as the cold blooded genocide and replacement of entire ethnic groups
>>
He objectively was not as awful as Hitler but they didnt have photographic evidence back then. Everything from the napoleonic wars is either found in books or paintings. Since popular culture is for the most part made by Americans, and since americans dont read, napoleon isnt widely talked about. I bet half of Americans dont even know who he is. I only speak English so im not sure what people from non english speaking countries think of him but im sure most euros think he was an evil tyrant too.
>>
>>3336874
Napoleon restructured the political mess that was Europe, especially Germany, and spread democratic ideas (the code civil) while doing so.

may be one of the most important factors for the crystallization of the modern era. including whatever era we call ourselves now. which imho is just another subset of the modern era. we haven't had truly revolutionizing inventions or shifts in our societies to make such a claim.
>>
>>3338215
>twitter
Oh my god fuck off you faggot
>>
He was to democracy and enlightenment what Alexander the Great was to Hellenism. The ancient world was so hellenistic because Alexander spread it everywhere, and today we live in democracies because Napoleon spread it in Europe.
>>
>>3333363
Yea. Hitler is like some Persian invader Prince and Napolean was straight up og Phillip status.

The modern French have mixed feelings. He is guilty of being an aggressor but he also established many of the incredible publiic grounds and parks in and around Paris. He took the land back from the oligarchy and gave the power to the people who still hold it today. His reign helped forge their current cultural identity. As far as quality of life, high art, r n r and food go at leasr.. which is truly hard to beat. They are an ethically and intellectually sophisticated people much thanks to the direction he brought them in.

Fuck the bourgeouis and fuck Hitler. Cowardly bunker creeper.

In france yyou can get better wine than your parents drink for 8 euros in the grocery. ..
>>
>>3333027
>t. Hans
>>
>>3335949
>keeping the Aryan man down

Literally no point in reading the rest, retard.
>>
>>3333639
wtf I love Norway now
>>
>>3337997

He is right you know?
Democracy is right to vote, dictatorship can also grant rights to (right to private propriety)
>>
>>3339134
>>regular stuff under wartime and toppling is the same thing as the cold blooded genocide and replacement of entire ethnic groups
>Why even sign the Geneva war convention then, if civilians are fair game?

muh murderous intentions arent as bad because they arent racist
>>
>>3334245
That's because Slavs, but especially Russians are on average uneducated morons, especially the younger generations. Russian historiography is notoriously pathetic. They don't even fucking know what happened in their own country.

It wouldn't surprise if some Soviet histographer simply "forgot" a battle or two if it injured the honor of the red army.

Don't read the Russian reports. Read the German reports.
>>
>>3333027
>one of the greatest leaders of all time vs genocidal propagandist
Yeah, I wonder.
>>
>>3337953
>hitler is only considered to be hitler by Europeans and Americans

What the fuck do Asians call him then? Jeff?
>>
>>3333027
because he didn't genocide random groups of people and oppress others?

not to mention he was no worse than any other european ruler at the time; theres no denying he was a megalomaniac but his opponents were no better
>>
>>3333053
Shadilay brother!
>>
>>3340850

Hitlel
>>
>>3339915
He declared himself emperor and was ultimately BTFO by every monarchy on the continent
>>
>>3333027
Because his greatest enemy glorified him after his deafest rather than villain. There were British Napoliboos before the man was even dead, he was a respected adversary and most English speaking countries see that era as the last of the days of honorable warfare. After Napoleon you get clusterfucks like the Crimea, South Africa, and WWI
>>
>>3341859
>honourable warfare
Tens of thousands would be killed in a matter of hours on the napoleonic battlefields. Theres hardly anything honourable about mass slaughter however regimented and disciplined it may have been.
>>
>>3341859
>honorable warfare
>fucking NAPOLEONIC of all things

please play less video games, Napoleonic Warfare was bloody, gritty and fucking terrible in general. Just because they dressed in cool outfits doesn't lessen how absolutely horrific it was for all those involved.
>>
>>3342014
>Warfare was bloody, gritty and fucking terrible in general
Like warfare always is, but that doesn't mean there was no honor or wartime conventions to be specific. Axis was well known for disregarding those conventions, Napoleon was not.
>>
File: Brit_pepe.jpg (60KB, 289x241px) Image search: [Google]
Brit_pepe.jpg
60KB, 289x241px
>>3342021
>invade all your neighbours
>install puppet regimes though family members
>loot and pillage to pay for said invasions
>demand that occupied territory cut trade with england
>execute thousands for daring to confess loyalty to their true liege
Napoleon dindu nuffin he a gud boi da allies be ebul convention breakers

Get the fuck outta here
>>
File: sack-of-badajoz.jpg (280KB, 717x420px) Image search: [Google]
sack-of-badajoz.jpg
280KB, 717x420px
>>3342035
>Brits in charge of calling anyone out for pillaging and looting

Lmao, Brits spent their time in Spain pillaging cities and raping civilians
To the point many locals hated them even more than they hated the French

>Napoleon would write to his brother Joseph[47] on 31 December:

>"My vanguard is near Astorga; the English are running away as fast as they can ... they are abhorred by everybody; they have carried off everything, and then maltreated and beaten the inhabitants. There could not have been a better sedative for Spain than to send an English army.[48]"

Can't make this shit up
>>
>>3333180
>4th Reich
>not EU
>>
>>3342035
>invade all your neighbours
>install puppet regimes though family members
>loot and pillage to pay for said invasions, which was totally not normal way of warfare back then
>demand that occupied territory cut trade with england
>execute thousands for daring to confess loyalty to their true liege

vs

>invade all your neighbours (except Swiss) during times of peace without provokation
>Annex half of Europe
>loot and pillage to pay for said invasions
>Trade? Nein, is TOTALENKRIEG!
>execute dozen of millions for the lulz

totally same my beady eyed boi. Not to mention you completely missed the point.
>>
>>3342074
>hurr durr napoleon wasnt as bad a hitler so he was a gud boi
If you have to make someone look good by comparing them to hitler youve already lost
>>
>>3333452
Hitler was a trench runner you disingenuous faggot. That was one of the most deadly jobs in the war
>>
>>3333069
>people actually believe this

wow
>>
>>3333546
>Hitler was hated by literally everyone!!11!!
Lmao most Americans didn't even want to fight Germany and there was even a large number of Americans that held views not far off from Uncle Adolf. Most GI's only fought Germany because they were patriots and patriots fight their country's wars (They fought the Japs most willingly, however). Most of the "I wuz fighting for freedumbs against ebul Nadsis" came after the war because of muh holocaust
>>
>>3336874
>while spreading racism, fascism, and genociding peoples.
Okay, so you've outed yourself as a left-leaning parasite, what's the next step of your master plan?
Also, "waycism" was the norm during WW2
>>
File: womian.jpg (364KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
womian.jpg
364KB, 857x1202px
>>3333069
Killing women is noble, especially mothers.
>>
File: f.jpg (7KB, 183x275px)
f.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
>>3342641
Another naive child falling for the memes... He was not "trench runner" he was "behind the lines runner", only danger he got into were blind arty strikes strike or providing company to high ranking officers.

At least do bother read some literature before insulting people.
>>
>>3338553
>Rampant degenerate behavior
>Complete abandonment of religious values
>Complete abandonment of virtue
>Tranny """research"""
>Mockery of patriotism and the folk
>Influx of foreigners to dilute the nation
>And, of course, the aforementioned fighting between radicals that will only worsen as all these points listed above intensify over the coming years
Literally the only thing that doesn't match is the humiliation of losing a war and the hyperinflation
>>
>>3342116
Wonderful argument, 9/10 of lurkers convinced!
>>
>>3338362
And so you see fit to call that poster inadequate for mentioning a societal problem (note: not a personal problem)?
>>
>>3342714
>Rampant degenerate behavior
>Complete abandonment of religious values
>Complete abandonment of virtue
>Tranny """research"""
memes and projection

>Mockery of patriotism and the folk
Murricans are still more patriotic than rest of the west. Also not true for Germany.

>Influx of foreigners to dilute the nation
Not true for Germany

>Literally the only thing that doesn't match is the humiliation of losing a war and the hyperinflation
You mean the factors that defined early Weimar republic?
>>
>>3337950
>hitler literally killed a democracy
Oh noooo, think of the democracy. Jesus Christ you're probably the same faggot that spook-posts, and yet you see fit to idolize a certain system of government of which you surely attained your positive views through public schooling (aka: propaganda)
>>
>>3333027
Napoleon was objectively the good guy
>>
>>3342710
>Stop insulting people
>Calls me a naive child
Wew laddeh, and please show me these works of "literature" that support your views, my revisionist friend. Surely there is enough dirt on Hitler to go around, you just seem obsessed trying to paint him as the most lackluster, pitiful being around in anything he did
>>
>>3342740
How are any of those "memes", for fucks sake go and watch any of the top 40 pop song music videos on Youtube and tell me there is nothing degenerate about that. Of course, you might be so corrupted that you see nothing wrong with that, but then you would be a part of the problem then, wouldn't you?
As for religion, you seriously cannot deny that people are becoming less and less religious, and that even institutions of religion shirk their own values for modernist appeal (i.e: Pope Francis saying anyone can go to Heaven, when Christ was very clear that this was not the case). This is coupled with your typical athiest or agnostic normalfag that thinks religion is completely stupid because, oh gosh, it tells them to restrain themselves from the pleasures of the flesh. and that there might be instead some higher meaning to things
>>
>>3342759
>revisionist
Please learn what do words mean before you use them.

>lackluster, pitiful being
He was decent (non-combat) soldier fullfiling his duty behaving well and shit, but he was no warhero. Leave the title to men in trenches.

>works of literature that support your views
https://books.google.cz/books?id=zlPdCQAAQBAJ&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15&dq=hitler+military+service+book&source=bl&ots=NPddTkjgrM&sig=Y1mcSYJIXITQ2yYeg9i8PGYFkTY&hl=cs&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjRz__QypHWAhUDHxoKHT3cBp0Q6AEIbzAN#v=onepage&q=hitler%20military%20service%20book&f=false
>>
>>3342781
>How are any of those "memes"
Because they are not objective, even the retarded term "degenerate" doesn't have an objective meaning it's just ideologically tainted way of saying "bad". One could as well say Nazis were abandoning religious values, virtue and promoting denegerate behaviour while doing racial ""research""; and it would mean nothing else than "I don't like it".

And gain this has nothing to do with Weimar Republic since Weimar Republic was doing pretty well in the area of culture and science.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (8KB, 241x209px)
images (3).jpg
8KB, 241x209px
>>3342853
>Weimar Republic was doing pretty well in the area of culture and science.

Art back then was ugly as fuck and as been ever since
>>
>>3333027
1 (((historical facts)))
2 lel that's it
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.