[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do stormniggers flock to the most simplistic "explanation"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 23

File: 1490004271522.jpg (85KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1490004271522.jpg
85KB, 453x439px
Why do stormniggers flock to the most simplistic "explanation" when asked about any historical incident?

>"Carthaginians lost because they were brown berber subhumans fighting against superior white europeans"
>"detroit was ruined because niggers"
>"third world countries are poor because they're shitskins"
>>
>>3204731
They're very stupid. They can only grasp simple ideas, and usually only one of those at a time.
>>
>>3204731
That's not exclusive to stormniggers. An easy explanation makes it easier to tell yourself you're an expert on the subject. And defending an easy yet shitty explanations gives you a a bigger ego boost compared to the amount of work you have to put in than what a proper explanation would do.
>>
>>3204731
Because Occam's razor.

And because its true. Why else can't you prove them wrong.

>detroit was ruined because niggers

Pretty much undeniable. Genes are the best explanation.

Please, please try your hardest to explain why muh based blacks aren't the main cause of Detroit. Every single living organisms is influenced by genes, except for humans because we're special.

>third world countries are poor because they're shitskin

Also undeniable. Genetic explanation are 100x more effective then any retarded /his/ explanation that can easily be proven wrong by other examples. Wow, who knew the genes of a population can affect a country. Moreover, genetic explanations are not what I would call simple.

Why are historians such gene deniers.
>>
>>3204731
>detroit was ruined by niggers
I think they're just looking at the symptoms. Niggers just started nigging after whitey left.
>>
>>3204731
It´s convenient.
They do not understand the socio-political implications on these matters, nor the historical background.
>>
>>3204781
>Socio-economics and politics are meaningless
You really are a nigger
>>
>>3204796
I suspect a lot of them are Americans, as those topics aren't really a part of mainstream political discourse.
>>
File: Shell Shock.jpg (204KB, 1105x1629px) Image search: [Google]
Shell Shock.jpg
204KB, 1105x1629px
>>3204781
What I don't understand is this notion that most /pol/acks have that everything is going to be A-OK if they get rid of all of the jews and non-whites.

In a way I sort of hope they do, if European history has taught me anything it would only be a matter of time before they experience the horrors that their ancestors went through and maybe then better men could rise.

We'll definitely share a laugh in hell thats for sure
>>
>>3204797
If they start believing in socioeconomics their entire narrative for "white people are superior" falls to the fucking ground
Of course they won't acknowledge it
>>
>>3204731

That actually is somewhat accurate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_Detroit_riot
>>
>>3204820
Yeah, but saying this an stopping there like most /pol/tard would do completely ignores all the underlying issues that were plaguing this town.
>>
>>3204731
Because they lack the knowledge needed to make more accurate and complex analyses of a situation, and are too pridefully ignorant to learn the knowledge. Thus, they kind of just stew in their own stupidity, occasionally recycling a meme with such efficiency that if you could the same with cans, you'd put a used can in one end and out of the other end would come a brand fucking new can.
>>
>>3204797
Of course they are.

Socioeconomic and politics are nothing more genes masked as environmental effect. We know that a person's politics and socioeconomic position are heavily influenced by genes. Humans are biological creatures, and like every biological creatures, we are all genetic construct. Why do you think even bacteria show behavioral differences?

You can't understand socioeconomics and politics if you don't understand genetics, but hey, you're social scientist, you are 20 years behind the current understanding of genetics!

>>3204817
>If they start believing in socioeconomics their entire narrative for "white people are superior" falls to the fucking ground. Of course they won't acknowledge it

Well of course we won't acknowledge it, because its false. Furthermore, only leftists believe that white people are superior,which is why they shame whites to undermine this perceived "superiority". Only we understand that white people are better, but not superior.
>>
>>3204781
>lack of 10 points of IQ turns a big city into a giant ghetto
>this is, what stormniggers, seriously and unironically believe

1.The population of the city has fallen from a high of 1,850,000 in 1950 to 677,116 in 2015
2.The automobile industry left, and with it left lots of jobs.
3.Riots of 1943, this was the tipping point that drove everyone piss poor.
4.finished off by the 1973 recession

>Before the ghetto riot of 1967, Detroit's black population had the highest rate of home-ownership of any black urban population in the country, and their unemployment rate was just 3.4 percent. It was not despair that fueled the riot. It was the riot which marked the beginning of the decline of Detroit to its current state of despair. Detroit's population today is only half of what it once was, and its most productive people have been the ones who fled.[21] [Note: In Origins of the Urban Crisis, Thomas Sugrue states that over 20% of Detroit's adult black population in the 1950s and 1960s was out of work, along with 30% of black youth between eighteen and twenty-four] [25]

Now one last thing: if everything is about genetics explain southern european economic collapse? explain eastern europe being a shithole? i thought white superhumen were immune to such things?

And you sir, like the rest of the anons said ITT, are a literal nigger. no better than the people you hate, because you're a mindless drone that is incapable of researching and processing data on it's own.
See this giant ass post i wrote? i didn't need a Phd to write it, it just a literal abridging of facts from google
>>
>>3204817
If they start believing in genetics their entire narrative for "racial equality is real and white privilege" falls to the fucking ground Of course they won't acknowledge it
>>
>>3204857
Incas were superior to europeans, though.
>>
>>3204731
Because its true
Of course the detail is more complicated than that, but its a fitting summary and conclusion of human history
Blacks barely have civilisation
Browns created civilisation as we know it, but not good at maintaining it
Whites adopted and maintain the greatest civilisation
Yellows are good civilisational builder but they will always be second to whites
etc
>>
>>3204857
>being this much of a gene determinist
So this is the power of autism...
>>
>>3204857
>socioeconomics, despite explaining perfectly everything I deny so strongly, is false
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
File: 1488307856241.jpg (28KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1488307856241.jpg
28KB, 303x311px
>>3204857
>We know that a person's politics and socioeconomic position are heavily influenced by genes.
>>
>>3204875
oh the pseudoscience
>>
>>3204864
If you knew a single thing about genetics other than what was being parroted 80 years ago you would know that the simple idea of x "race" being superior to y"race" because of genetic is fucking bullshit
Modern biology don't even recognize the concept of race as being more than a simple term to categorize something
The human genome didin't even have enough time to mutate to create signficant differences in out species
>>
>>3204861
No sweetie. You fell for the IQ trap. What if I told you that literally every possible behavior has genetic influences and that these racial differences are the main cause?

>1.The population of the city has fallen from a high of 1,850,000 in 1950 to 677,116 in 2015

Gee why did it fall? Oh that's right muh based black man, its cause of blacks. Blacks behave more criminality which lead to white flight. Genetic preference for kin also contributed to racial segregation, resulting in race riots that led to white fleeing. IQ predicts income. Whites have a higher IQ. Whites earn higher salary. They leave. Detroits loses its income base. Low IQ blacks start occupying the city. Low IQ blacks start voting for black politician who are not cognitive able to create first world countries. Black politicians start doing what they do in Africa. Detroit sees spike in criminality, corruption, and further population loses. Wow, look at all those things that wouldn't have happened without blacks.

>2.The automobile industry left, and with it left lots of jobs.

And yet, there is a white city right next to Detroit that's doing just fine. There's numerous white cities that also loss their jobs but didn't experience the complete failure of Detroit. Interestingly, Detroit has more in common with Camden, East St Louis, New Orleans, then it does with closer rust belt cities. Why oh why. They have nothing in common with each other as except for its racial demographics. What a mystery. The problem is blacks.

>3.Riots of 1943, this was the tipping point that drove everyone piss poor.

Caused by blacks.

>4.finished off by the 1973 recession

And the entire US isn't detroit, which also got hit by that.

ISo, judging from your post. Blacks are the problem, and if blacks were never part of the picture, what happened in Detroit would have never happened.

Now, please tell me the excuse you make for Haiti/Dominican Republic.
>>
>>3204731
>"Carthaginians lost because they were brown berber subhumans fighting against superior white europeans"

No one on /pol/ says this.
>>
>>3204731
Most of that is true
>>
>>3204876
That's not genetic determinism anon. No one believes that. Sadly, there are people who are unironically environmental determinism.

>>3204884
It doesn't, because genes explain socioeconomic better, and provides a better explanation where a narrow "socioeconomic" explanation does not. You believe that socioeconomic explains things, but neglect that socioeconomic is itself, a function of genetics.
>>
>>3204943
Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure all those youtube videos you just saw abut the subject are 100% correct
>>
>>3204943
That's true. That explains the Inca superior relatively advanced system compared to eurangutan chimp """"trading"""" paleolitic system.
>>
>>3204916
Oh boy, a social scientist is gonna lecture me on what genetics is. Yes, please tell me. I want to hear your gene denialism and boring bullshit that has been debunked years ago.

>race doesn't exist, evolution isn't real

https://digest.bps.org.uk/2017/08/01/scholars-who-believe-nurture-trumps-nature-also-tend-to-doubt-the-scientific-method/
>>
>>3204924
>sweetieposter
cute, CUTE, C-U-T-E.

>What if I told you that literally every possible behavior has genetic influences and that these racial differences are the main cause?
Care to support your pseudoscience with some sources?

>Gee why did it fall? Oh that's right muh based black man, its cause of blacks.
It fell down because they moved looking for jobs because of the de-industrialization (a.k.a automobile industry bugging out)
infact the blacks-and-crime-in-detroit ordeal started way way after that

>And yet, there is a white city right next to Detroit that's doing just fine
and this has to do with De-industrialization of detroit how...?

>Caused by blacks.
>The Detroit race riot of 1943 took place in Detroit, Michigan, of the United States, from the evening of June 20 through the early morning of June 22. It occurred in a period of dramatic population increase and social tensions associated with the military buildup of World War II, as Detroit's auto industry was converted to the war effort.

>And the entire US isn't detroit, which also got hit by that.
So? missing entirely my point, detroit was already poor until it got finished off by the recession
>>
>>3204959
I never said race doesn't exist
I never said evolution is not real
I said you misunderstand what race means according to modern biology
>>
>>3204955
The Incas are a dead civilization and its people are now half whites. Evolutionary speaking, it hasn't been very successful except for some gay ass faggot on /his/ to make some lame ass attack on whites.
>>
>>3204828
Detroit was still a manufacturing powerhouse for decades after and the Japanese automotive industry didn't make headway in America until the 80s, likewise transfer of American manufacturing to China didn't really begin until the 80s as well.
So yes. Niggers. I don't think Middle Easterners are subhuman or third world countries are poor because of shitskins, some just don't have a decent culture to propagate industrialism. Or sometimes they lack resources or education.
But I will never defend niggers and their impact in the US. They had access to it all and squandered it.
>>
>>3204731
Stormfags get their history from fuckin molyneux and Ben Shapiro
>>
I did not think there would be so many autists defending their "muh genes" argument, really makes me ponder with which people i've discussing history on here.
>>
>>3204984
but Ben Shapiro is a jew
>>
>>3204990
So was Jesus, yet they are "Christians".
>>
>>3204973
Wrong. Andean people exist. Try again, chimp.

Incas were superior to europeans and you literally cannot prove your superior wrong, subhuman monkey.

Get over it, pestilent eurangutan.
>>
>>3204966
>I never said race doesn't exist

You did.

>I never said evolution is not real

You are, but so is every /his/ dumb enough to say "but muh socioeconomics u dum racis" (which isn't even the biggest environmental effect on humans either). Very few people seem to actually understand the principles of evolution.

>I said you misunderstand what race means according to modern biology

Oh, I know what it means. Race has and still is, a useful taxonomic construct. Which incidentally, makes it an alright construct to explain population differences.
>>
Average American White IQ in 1930 was about Sub-Saharan I today.

There is way more to it.

> Competent elite
> Relative military strength to avoid exploitation
> Civic culture and ability to either absorb migrants or have positive population growth

Etc.
>>
>>3204987
/pol/ has raids every now and again, hence the ebb and flow of retards on /his/.
>>
>>3204999
>You did.
Read my post again
I said your idea of race does not exist
It's easy to misunderstand even a simple concept like that if you get all your knowledge of said subject from youtube videos
>>
>>3204998
You sound like a resentful shitskin who is also in gene denial. Good one. Keep believing what you did, but this world is not denial. Listen shitskin, if you want to talk about superiority, at least mention Muslims, they are indeed superior from an evolutionary standpoint at propagating their belief system and breeding fast, ensuring that their religion and worldview (also genetic) spreads across the world, while passive Europeans just sit there and die out.
>>
>>3204857
You're hiding a lot of the information behind what you're saying. 'Heavily influenced' and 'behavioural differences' don't really mean anything if you don't disclose the degree to which these influences and differences occur. It's the difference between someone reading your post and thinking 'genetics determine everything' and someone actually engaging with what you are saying in an open, scientific manner.
>>
Maybe he keeps bringing up the genes because its the only thing he's got going for him in life... Let's not bully him too much...
:(
>>
>>3204731
They're stupid and need simplistic explanations for everything. That's also why any complex issue is caused by some cabal conspiracy.
>>
>>3204817
Not the guy with the original argument, but it's less about superiority and more about aggressiveness. It can be empirically proven that black people are more violent than white people REGARDLESS of economic conditions. The poor, destitute shithole cities in Russia and Serbia have absolutely nothing on nigger infested cities in the USA. The "Wild West" of the late 19th century which is memed to oblivion as the epitome of a lawless shithole? It was a fucking Switzerland compared to modern day Detroit and St. Louis. Racial demographics are the single best statistical predictor for high murder rate.
>>
>>3204943
>Free will
>>
File: fgfcv.png (101KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
fgfcv.png
101KB, 210x195px
>>3204999
>Very few people seem to actually understand the principles of evolution
>>
>>3204781
>Genes are the best explanation.

>Please, please try your hardest to explain

This lazy 'prove me wrong' mentality will be the death of Western civilization
>>
>>3205017
Russia has a higher murder rate than the US though
>>
>>3205010
>youtube video

Look, I understand this subject more then some retarded leftists emotionally clinging onto his "muh socioeconmic ideas" and needs to make this juvenile comebacks. Races matter because they differ genetically. Read a fucking Woodley paper.

https://lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/woodley-2009-is-homo-sapiens-polytypic-human-taxonomic-diversity-and-its-implications.pdf
>>
>>3205011
Try again with some facts, pathetic chimp.
Incas were superior to europeans. History demonstrates it. Deal with it.
>>
>>3205025
>It wasn't a youtube video it was an article that I can't even summarise
>>
Are you really surprised that the people who associate themselves with retards tend to be retards? Not every retard is a stormfag, but every stormfag is retarded.
>>
>>3204961
>Care to support your pseudoscience with some sources?

You think my ideas about genetics is some pseudoscience? You sure it isn't you, clinging to some retarded environmental determinism because you're afraid of the implications of what a genetic explanation has. Did you come to this conclusion from an understanding of the current scientific data, or did you just come from it from your political personal beliefs? Are you rejecting it because you know what you're talking about, or because it hurts your fee fee. Seriously, apologize for my anger, but I really hate people like you. The leftism the smug indignation. Its all the same. Well okay, you want to hear it.

In order to understand my viewpoint, you need to understand behavioral genetics, and you need to understand a few of the laws of behavioral genetics that have been observed.

https://www.gwern.net/docs/genetics/2016-plomin.pdf

>All psychological traits show significant and substantial genetic influence
>>
>>3205023
Because USA is only 12% black, but the blackest cities there rank in the top 10. You have a better chance getting shot in St.Louis than you have in Kabul.
>>
>>3204749
I don't think they're stupid i think they're just looking for a comforting answer mostly.
>>
>>3205038
Psychological domains traditionally focused on individual differences are those that have been studied most frequently with genetically sensitive designs, primarily
the twin method in which resemblance is compared in pairs of identical and fraternal twins: cognitive abilities and disabilities, psychopathology, personality, substance
use and abuse, and health psychology. Traits in these domains have consistently shown significant genetic influence in adequately powered studies

Although ubiquitous genetic influence is now widely accepted, this finding should not be taken for granted because it was a battleground in psychology as recently as a few decades ago
(Pinker, 2002) and remains controversial in some areas such as education

As an example, a review of the world’s literature on intelligence that included 10,000 pairs of twins showed identical twins to be significantly more similar than fraternal twins (twin correlations of about .85 and .60, respec-
tively), with corroborating results from family and adoption studies, implying significant genetic influence. We are not aware of a single adequately powered study reporting nonsignificant heritability.

Traits such as political beliefs, religiosity,
altruism, and food preferences also have shown significant genetic influence (Plomin et al., 2013). A recent meta-analysis of data drawn from 3,000 publications on nearly 18,000 traits of 15 million twin pairs showed that this finding is not limited to psychological traits

Significant and substantial genetic influence on individual differences in psychological traits is so widespread that we are unable to name an exception. The challenge now is to find any reliably measured behavioral trait for
which genetic influence is not significantly different from zero in more than one adequately powered study.
>>
>>3205043
tl;dr Since all psychological traits show significant genetic influence, it is very likely, that such traits carry over into population differences. Psychological traits among different ethnicity may simple be the result of different genes these populations carry.

>>3205042
Yes, because when people want comforting explanation, they embrace genetic ones. The ones that almost say "you can't help it". Not the environmental one where you can pretend racial equality and you can just magical make up an explanation, oh no, that's too distressing. Genetic explanations are so simple for simple people.
>>
>>3205040
Overall it's a very low chance of getting shot. You're more likely to get shot by someone who is 18-25 than someone over 25.
>>
>>3205050

NUMBER 2

No traits are 100% heritable

>Again, we are unable to find any excep-
tion in which the heritability of a behavioral trait is near 100%. However, this is not a limitation of the methods, because some traits, such as individual differences in
height, yield heritability as high as 90%. It should be noted that behavioral traits are less reliably measured than physical traits such as height, and error of measurement contrib-
utes to nonheritable variance.

>Although this finding might seem obvious and unsurprising, it is crucial because it provides the strongest available evidence for the importance of environmental influence after controlling for genetic influence.

>Because genetic influence is significant and substantial, one must control for genetic influence when investigating environmental influence. Environmental research using genetically sensitive designs has led to three of the most important discoveries about the way the environment
affects behavioral development

tl;dr no shit no trait is 100% heritable. But what most environmentalist don't appreciate is that many "environmental effect" are heavily influenced by genetics, because genes dominate although all factors are intertwined. Which is what I have been talking about. You can't understand history without taking genes into consideration.
>>
>>3205043
One thing about twins is they tend to be brought up in the same household.
>>
>>3205038
>Top 10 Replicated Findings
>Finding 1. All psychological traits show significant and substantial genetic influence

>it just talks about the heritability of certain traits/behaviour such as personality

>ctrl+f: race
>0 results

Did you just hastily grab this off google without reading it or what?
i do not understand how the fuck exactly do you connect this to race

also this seems to be in your article
>Although ubiquitous genetic influence is now widely accepted, this finding should not be taken for granted because it was a battle-ground in psychology as recently as a few decades ago (Pinker, 2002) and remains controversial in some areas such as education (Haworth & Plomin, 2011; Hayden, 2013).
>>
File: Openfieldactivitymice.png (79KB, 497x620px) Image search: [Google]
Openfieldactivitymice.png
79KB, 497x620px
>>3205059
NUMBER 3

Heritability is caused by many genes of small effect

Powerful but overlooked evidence that many genes affect complex traits including behavior comes from selection studies in nonhuman animal research. If only a few genes were responsible for the heritability of a trait,
selected lines would separate after a few generations and would not diverge any further in later generations. In contrast, selection studies of complex traits show a linear
response to selection even after dozens of generations of selection, as seen, for example (Fig. 1), in one of the largest and longest selection studies of behavior that included
replicate selected and control lines

Although GWA studies have limited power to detect such minuscule effects even with samples in the tens or hundreds of thou-
sands, these studies have tremendous power to detect larger effects (M. R. Robinson, Wray, & Visscher, 2014).
For example, a GWA study of 20,000 individuals has 99.9% power to detect an association with an effect size
that accounts for 1% of the variance (i.e., a correlation of .10). This suggests that no such associations exist with effect sizes larger than 1% in the population. Some
extremely rare mutations have large effects on individuals, but because they are rare, their effect on the population is small. If the largest effects are so small, the smallest effects are likely to be infinitesimal, which implies that
heritability is caused by many genes of small effect

tl;dr complex traits tend to be influenced by many many genes.
>>
>>3205043
from
>racial differences are the main cause of behaviour
to
>genetic influence is significantly different from zero
>>
>>3205038
>Human traits being inheritable = race is all determiner of all actions = niggers ruined detroit and totally has nothing to do with socioeconomic problems

>>3205038
Funny how you dodged the rest of his points you dumb nigger.
>>
>>3205076

NUMBER 4

Phenotypic correlations between psychological traits show significant and substantial genetic
mediation

Few of the thousands of reported correlations between traits such as these have been studied with genetically sensitive designs. However, when genetically informed designs are used, research consistently points to a finding with far-reaching implications: Phenotypic covariance between traits is significantly and substantially caused by genetic covariance, not just environmentally driven covariance (!!!)

Cognitive abilities have been studied most systematically from a multivariate genetic perspective. This research consistently shows that the phenotypic correlations among cognitive abilities are mediated significantly
and substantially by genetic factors called
generalist genes(Plomin & Kovas, 2005). For example, a multivariate genetic analysis of intelligence, reading, mathematics, and language in over 5,000 pairs of 12-year-old twins showed that genetic factors consistently accounted for more than half of the phenotypic correlations, ranging from 53% to 65%, with a mean of 61% and a mean 95% confidence interval of between
53% and 67% (O. S. P. Davis, Haworth, & Plomin, 2009).

These findings have received support from multivariate GCTA (Trzaskowski et al., 2013). One implication of this finding is that the phenotypic structure of domains is similar to their genetic structure, as has been shown, for
example, for cognitive abilities (Petrill, 1997) and personality (Turkheimer et al., 2014).

tl;dr IQ tests really are measuring what they are supposed to measure.
>>
>>3205091
The heritability of
intelligence increases throughout
development

Although the effects of experiences could be reasonably expected to accumulate as
time goes by (as some developmental theorists propose, , the heritability of
intelligence has been shown consistently to increase linearly throughout the life course in more than three decades of research. An analysis of cross-sectional data for
11,000 pairs of twins—larger than all previous twin studies combined—showed that the heritability of intelligence increases significantly from 41% in childhood (age
9) to 55% in adolescence (age 12) and to 66% in young adulthood (age 17; Haworth et al., 2010). The nonoverlapping standard errors in Figure 3 suggest that the increases in heritability across the three ages are significant, and model fitting confirmed that the increases are significant. A meta-analysis of results from longitudinal twin and adoption studies also showed increases in heritability from infancy through adolescence (Briley &
Tucker-Drob, 2013). Some evidence suggests that heritability might increase to as much as 80% in later adulthood independent of dementia (Panizzon et al., 2014); other
results suggest a decline to about 60% after age 80

Why does heritability of intelligence increase throughout development? Increasing heritability could be due to new genetic influences coming online, a process called innovation, which would seem reasonable given the changes in brain structure and function that occur during
development. However, the next finding, about age-to-age genetic stability, suggests a less obvious reason for the developmental increase in heritability.
>>
>>3204796
The best part is when they start pulling the science denier card as if anything more than a handful of discredited, dishonest geneticists agree with them.
People like lynn who include people suffering from malaria in their studies.
>>
>>3205098
>>3205091
>>3205076
>>3205059
>>3205043
>>3205038
why the fuck are you spamming this without even looking at the replies, retard?
>>
>>3205098
Number 6

Age-to-age stability is mainly due to genetics
Longitudinal genetic studies consistently show that phenotypic correlations from age to age are largely due to genetic stability. In other words, genetic effects contribute to continuity (the same genes affect the trait across
age), whereas age-to-age change is primarily the provenance of environmental factors

For intelligence, similar results have been found, for example, in a meta-analysis of 15 longitudinal studies (Tucker-Drob & Briley, 2014). This finding creates an
apparent paradox: How can the heritability of intelligence increase so substantially throughout development if genetic effects are stable? That is, how can the same genes largely affect intelligence across the life course and yet account for more variance as time goes by? Increasing heritability despite genetic stability implies some contribution from what has been called genetic amplification
(Plomin & DeFries, 1985). In other words, genetic nudges early in development are magnified as time goes by, increasing heritability, but the same genetic propensities
continue to affect behavior throughout the life course.

This amplification model has recently been supported in a meta-analysis of 11,500 twin and sibling pairs with longitudinal data on intelligence, which showed that a genetic amplification model fit the data better than a model in which new genetic influences arise across time (Briley & Tucker-Drob, 2013). Genotype-environment correlation seems the most likely explanation in which
small genetic differences are amplified as children select, modify, and create environments correlated with their genetic propensities
>>
>>3204888
Personality is heavily influenced by genes, and a person's political outlook is heavily influenced by personality. He's not wrong.
>>
>>3205111
NUMBER 7

Most measures of the
“environment” show significant
genetic influence (!!!)

Although it might seem a peculiar thing to do, measures of the environment widely used in psychological science—such as parenting, social support, and life events—can be treated as dependent measures in genetic analyses.
If they are truly measures of the environment, they should not show genetic influence. To the contrary, in 1991, Plomin and Bergeman conducted a review of the first 18 studies in which environmental measures were used as
dependent measures in genetically sensitive designs and found evidence for genetic influence for these measures of the environment. Significant genetic influence was found for objective measures such as videotaped observations of parenting

The reason appears to be that such measures do not assess the environment independent of the person. As noted earlier, humans select, modify, and create environments correlated with their genetic behavioral propensities such as personality and psychopathology.
>>
>>3205130
For example, in studies of twin children, parenting has been found to reflect genetic differences in children’s characteristics such as personality and psychopathology.
Since 1991, more than 150 articles have been pub-lished in which environmental measures were used in genetically sensitive designs; they have shown consistently that there is significant genetic influence on environmental measures, extending the findings from family environments to neighborhood, school, and work environments. Kendler and Baker (2007) conducted a review of 55 independent genetic studies and found an average heritability of 0.27 across 35 diverse environmental measures. Meta-analyses
of parenting, the most frequently studied domain, have shown genetic influence that is driven by child character. Some exceptions have emerged. Researchers can use GCTA to assess genetic influence on family environments such as SES that differ between families, not within families. GCTA has been used to show genetic influence on family SES (Trzaskowski et al., 2014) and an index of
social deprivation.

tl;dr Oh look at that, SES (a objective means of measuring socioeconomics) is heavily influenced by genetics, but the idea that socioeconomic is not influenced by genetics is somehow wrong here. Hm.
>>
>>3205135
NUMBER 8

Most associations between environmental measures and psychological traits are significantly mediated genetically

If genetic factors affect environmental measures as well as behavioral measures, it is reasonable to ask the extent to which associations between environmental measures and behavioral measures are mediated genetically. For
example, rather than assuming that correlations between parenting and children’s behavior are caused by the environmental effect of parenting on children’s behavior, one should consider the possibility that the correlation is in part due to genetic factors that influence both parenting
and children’s behavior. Individual differences in parenting might reflect genetically driven differences in children’s behavior or differences in parenting might be due to genetically driven propensities of parents that are inherited directly by their children.

Disentangling genetic and environmental influences on correlations between environmental and behavioral measures is important for three reasons. First, if these
correlations are mediated genetically, interpretations that assume environmental causation are wrong, which has
important implications for intervention. Second, genetically sensitive designs can be used to identify causal effects of the environment free of genetic confound
(Marceau et al., 2015). Third, genetic mediation of the association between environmental measures and behavioral traits is not just a nuisance that needs to be controlled. It suggests a general way of thinking about how genotypes develop into phenotypes, from a passive model of imposed environments to an active model of
shaped experiences in which humans select, modify, and create experiences in part based on their genetic propensities

tl;dr genes are not passive. They cannot be ignored.
>>
>>3205124
>Personality is heavily influenced by genes
"no"
>>
>>3205124
Personality is heavily influenced by your personal experiences
Where the fuck did you get that it's heavily influenced by genes?
>>
>>3205147
Yeah because you know more than all clinical psychologists since the 20th century. I hope this is bait.
>>
>>3205144

NUMBER 9

Most environmental effects are not shared by children growing up in the same family

It is reasonable to think that growing up in the same family makes brothers and sisters similar psychologically, which is what developmental theorists from Freud
onwards have assumed. However, for most behavioral dimensions and disorders, it is genetics that accounts for similarity among siblings. Although environmental effects
have a major impact (see Finding 2), the salient environmental influences do not make siblings
growing up in the same family similar. The message is not that family experiences are unimportant but rather that the relevant expe-
riences are specific to each child in the family. This finding was ignored when it was first noted (Loehlin & Nichols, 1976) and controversial when it was first highlighted (Plomin & Daniels, 1987a, 1987b), but it is now
widely accepted because it has consistently replicated

It seems likely that nonshared environmental effects are due to many experiences of small effect, analogous to Finding 3 (“Heritability is caused by many genes of small
effect”). That is, rather than asking whether a monolithic factor like parental control is primarily responsible for nonshared effects, it might be necessary to consider many seemingly inconsequential experiences that are tipping points in children’s lives.

However, the basic finding that most environmental effects are not shared by chil-
dren growing up in the same family remains one of the most far-reaching findings from behavioral genetics. It is important to reiterate that the message is not that family experiences are unimportant but rather that the salient
experiences that affect children’s development are specific to each child in the family, not general to all children in the family.
>>
>>3205155
Personality is influenced by environment and experience
>>
>>3205152
>>3205166
>personality is heavily influenced by your personal experiences
>that must meant here is no/little genetic input

Epic argumentation here.
>>
>>3204731
Funny how those explanations also make them feel better about themselves.
>>
>>3205160
Number 10 isn't that relevant. Its just saying that most mental illness are just outliers/extremes of genes that already code for that behavior. Personality is a function of genetics.

So to answer OP. Yes, genes are important.
>>
>>3205169
>>that must meant here is no/little genetic input
who
are
you
quoting
>>
>>3205178
>Where the fuck did you get that it's heavily influenced by genes?
>"no"

That's two people.
>>
>>3205182
"Heavily influenced" implies that it does most of the work, which is wrong
>>
>>3205189
But it's not wrong. The only reason you have a personality is because of genes. Every thing that makes up your personality is the interaction between your genes and environment.
>>
>>3205166
And genes, which has the strongest influence over personality, way more then environment and experience which these people never seem to define.

For example, many book worms CHOOSE to read books. Their genes influenced their behavior which influences their environment, because their personality is what makes them choose what they like, what friends they want, who they interact, in turn, the personality chooses environmental factors that in turn, influences him (person gets better at reading, has better vocabulary, starts doing better at school).

If a person is smart, but hates reading, then he will make different decisions due to his personality, which is influenced by his genes. That means, his genes influence his environment, which in turn influence him. It's why many programs aimed at inner city tends to fail. They can force them to read, but the moment the program drops, they revert back to their natural behavior, because that's who they are.
>>
>>3205169
Are you retard my man? I never claimed genes have no imput on it
>>
>>3205182
From a quick read of the thread you seem to have two problems:
1. You don't understand the difference between "personality is not heavily influenced by genetics" and "personality isn't influenced by genetics"
2. I suspect you don't actually know the meaning of the word "significant" and think scientists are using "significant influence" as synonym of "heavy influence"
>>
>>3205147
>>3205152
>>3205166
>>3205178
>>3205189

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwibFhqh5k0

First sentence "Political belief is determined in large part by temperament and personality, and that's very strongly biologically influenced." - Jordan Peterson, Professor of Psychology and Clinical Psychologist, PhD.

Your opinion is irrelevant.
>>
>>3204861
>explain southern european economic collapse? explain eastern europe being a shithole? i thought white superhumen were immune to such things?
>Medshits
>Slavs
>white
>>
>>3205199
>>3205202
Irrelevant semantic arguments. Your personality is determined, first and foremost, by your genetics, and secondarily by your environment. You're not psychologists.
>>
>>3205193
>>3205196
>genetics influence personality MORE than life events, experience and environment

stopped reading there
open a fucking book
>>
>>3205209
Get a load of this nordicuck

Slavs and meds did 99% of scientific breakthroughs and significant art pieces

what did nordniggers do?
>>
>>3205212
>in sweden, where every effort has been made to close the gap between the genders, the differences in personality between males and females maximizes, leaving biology as the only cause
>women score higher on agreeableness across all cultures, due to their genetics

You may want to read some papers yourself.
>>
>>3205192
Because why should I reply to garbage? You just shifted the argument. You said that genes have no influence on humans. I just proved you wrong. Now you're focusing on race. I posted an article showing you why race is of taxonomical importance. You're not gonna read it, because you're a resentful piece of leftists who is not here to engage logically.

Human traits are SIGNIFICANTLY influenced by genetics. Not a little. Not irrelevant. At least 30-50% at minimum, but many traits go as high as 85%, like IQ. Now, given that we know races differ in IQ, then we can probably guess that they differ in many other traits. These average differences in trait among population can go a long way into explaining why certain countries ended up the way they did. I don't care if you disagree. In the end, saying race doesn't exist is meaningless because population exists, and they will differ. Also, why are you saying nigger so much? You trying to fit in? Are you that same faggot on /sci/?
>>
>>3205211
It's not a semantic argument, retard. "Significant" is a statistical word that means that there is high confidence that its influence isn't null. But no one was arguing that it was null to begin with.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_significance

>>3205207
X is determined in large part by Y which is very linked to Z does not in any way imply that Z is the main cause of X. On the other hand, the discussion was about academic consensus, not about what /pol/'s superhero thinks.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (187KB, 965x1080px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
187KB, 965x1080px
>>3205215
>literal gender natural predetermined instincts = some heritable personality traits that you take from your parents
>>
>>3205220
>Human traits are SIGNIFICANTLY influenced by genetics. Not a little. Not irrelevant.
You evidently don't have the academic background to understand the papers you quote. Let me make this clear, this is not a semantic discussion. This is like discussing an equation with someone that doesn't know what the operators mean.
>>
>>3205222
You're a fucking moron.

Personality is heavily influenced by genetics. You said no. I repeat, personality is heavily influenced by genetics.
>>
>>3205222
>/pol/'s superhero

Again, your opinion is worthless compared to his. I'm not going to bother with you any longer.
>>
>>3205212
>stopped reading there. open a fucking book

Start by reading this https://www.gwern.net/docs/genetics/2016-plomin.pdf

Were it flat out states genetics influence personality MORE than life events, experience and environment
>>
>>3205222
>reading this fucking debate

Can't just stand being wrong can you?
>"X is determined in large part by Y which is very linked to Z does not in any way imply that Z is the main cause of X"

Hahahahahaha. First you're on heavy influence, then significant influence, and now main cause. You need to contain your autism - Genetics heavily influence your personality, arguably the main influence, and that's that (in the psychologists' professional opinions) .
>>
>>3205232
>Personality is heavily influenced by genetics. You said no. I repeat, personality is heavily influenced by genetics.
You can repeat it all you want, m8. You just don't understand what you quote.

>>3205233
I understand what having an idol and treating every word out of his mouth as revealed truth must feel like, but he didn't affirm what you say and he isn't the representative of academia either.
>>
>>3205248
>Can't just stand being wrong can you?
?
>>
>>3205249
>he isn't the representative of academia either.
He's literally a professor you autistic retard ahahahaha

Believe it or not before the pronouns issue nobody had any controversy with him whatsoever. His opinions on personality are as proven and academic as it gets.
>>
>>3205220
>races differ in IQ
You cannot trust these tests to judge races. You can prepare for these test and it can influent them greatly.
Pls ignore the butthurt leftists now labeling you as /pol/ superhero, you see they're getting frustrated.
>>
>>3205253
>?
?
>>
>>3205227
>You evidently don't have the academic background to understand the papers you quote.

Oh okay, because you somehow understand "statistically significant", you think that its wrong to say that genes heavily influence personality because "statistically significant doesn't mean that!" except, if you paid attention, you would see that the high heritablity of some of these findings and their implications are why people can say "genes are heavily influenced by personality". Are you now going to say "just because a trait is 85% heritable doesn't mean that the gene is 85% responsible for it, because heritablity just means variance, lol I got you now!"
>>
>>3205255
They're talking about jordan peterson
>>
>>3205254
Please try to write as if you weren't 12. I disagree with the other guy but he doesn't write like a retard.

>He's literally a professor
And? I'm not saying he isn't part of academia, I'm saying he doesn't speak in the name of academic consensus.
>>
>>3205245
>that paper

I have honestly never seen someone get so BFTO. The paper not only asserts that genetic influences are the most significant on personality, but it even argues that many environmental factors are just the result or heavily influenced by genetic factors anyway.
>>
>>3205272
>I'm saying he doesn't speak in the name of academic consensus.

Can you prove that? Because it's a shitty claim and I don't have to disprove it until you prove it. Most of what he says is in agreement with virtually every psychological association in the western world.
>>
>>3205263
>anon says genetics are a big influence in personality
>another anon says no
>first anon posts as proof studies which show that genetics is a significant influence
Be intellectually honest and tell me if "significant" meaning non null and "significant" meaning high is an irrelevant distinction in the discussion.
I'm neither of the original anons btw.
>>
>>3205272
Please try and write as if you weren't getting absolutely BTFO on every front and are merely trying to save face via semantics on an anonymous imageboard. You haven't cited a single source mate, whereas your opponents have, and have made far more compelling arguments than you have.

>Please try to write as if you weren't 12
:^)
>>
>>3205220
>You said that genes have no influence on humans
who the fuck you're quoting?

you're the one who said that genetics are the ultimate determiner of all human actions then slowly shifted them to "significant"

and PS: only 50% of IQ is determined by genetics, not 80% (as proven here)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9242404
>with two measures of heritability being less than 50%.

>>3205245
>Were it flat out states genetics influence personality MORE than life events, experience and environment
where?
>>
>>3205225
That pic is making me laugh a lot more than it should.
>>
>>3205282
Can I prove what? That what he said is not in line with academic consensus or that your interpretation of what he said is not?
Do you think there is an academic consensus on genetics as the main influence for behavior?
>>
>>3205298
>Do you think there is an academic consensus on genetics as the main influence for behavior?
>behavior

Now we're not on personality but "behavior"? No I think I'll pass arguing with someone this underhanded. Practice what you preach and have some intellectual honesty. You do nothing but dance around words and semantics.
>>
>>3205310
Your paper mentions both. Also, I was under the impression that you wanted to discuss behavioral genetics.
>>
There is no genetic indicator for being terrified of men in gorilla suits, seeing as how we evolved without gorilla suits. However, when I throughly beat this kid I was babysitting whilst in a gorilla suit, he grew up to be terrified of gorillas, and their grunts and screams (I worked hard to replicate them as I beat the kid).

Now, his personality is risk-avoidant, introverted and he's never been to the zoo. If genes were some magical determinist thing, he'd have sharpened a wooden spear and hunted me with his friends.

Anon - 0
Gorilla psychologist - 1
>>
>>3205343
Ahem.
https://www.nature.com/news/fearful-memories-haunt-mouse-descendants-1.14272
>>
>>3204731
Those are simplistic but also true.
>>
File: b7d.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b7d.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>3204731
They don't? I'm about as fascistic as it gets and while I believe in biological determinism as a factor to people's outcomes it isn't the only factor.
>Why did Carthage lose
Over-reliance on mercenaries
>Why is Africa poor
Low IQ and, high time preference, no incentive to expand technology, colonialism.
>>
>>3204900
Really? That's your argument? What he said was spot on.
>>
>>3205355
>posts one incredulous study that proves nothing
>mice are equal to human
>cannot reproduce the results

It seems my gorilla technique destroyed the subjects higher reasoning skills and respiratory efficiency.
>>
>>3205366
Are you an evolafag by chance?
>>
>>3205366
Also, Carthage was not African they were a semitic people
>>
>>3204731
Carthage werent Brown Berber subhumans.
>>
>>3204866
Nope
>>
>>3205377
>Traditionalist
No, just a fascist. Not that I don't admire some of Evola's teachings/thought.
>>
>>3205366
>low iq

Read as "no schools". IQ is a shitty way of marking someone's intelligence.

t. 144 IQ
>>
>>3205385
>Compulsory schooling makes you more intelligent
No
>Schooling over rides genetics
No

T. IQ 121

Going past 2 standard deviations makes you a complete autist btw.
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>3205393
>school doesn't make you smart

Right. You must be from the Southern American states. I wanna say Florida.
>>
>>3205373
>>3205361
read the fucking thread
>>
>>3205404
>Send mentally handicapped kid to school
>Comes out normal
>You believe this unironically
I'm guessing you don't know what the difference between crystallized and fluid IQ are, do you? Going to school does not increase a person's intelligence
>Southerners r dumb
Not if you factor out the blacks
>>
>>3205423
>Going to school does not increase a person's intelligence
Holy shit i cannot believe this is a sincere post
you're probably one of those "fuk skool" underage too huh?
>>
>>3205423
>Going to school does not increase a person's intelligence
>>
>>3205404
American South is shit because it's full of dindus. Florida included.
>>
>>3205423
>>3205423
Who taught you reading comprehension and debate? Your genes? That's the only explanation I can come up with for the straw man you just pulled outta your ass.

Maybe you're from Russia. If you think blacks are the only stupid people here, you must never have been to a rodeo or Wal-Mart. The whites we produce here are of the self-destructive variety of stupid, they're the ones that shit up this country. Blacks don't make super churches, blacks don't protest vaccines, blacks don't think the world is flat or that nukes are fake. Only whites do. The kind that argues the sum is equal to the parts when it comes to humanity. Your thinking is 200 years old.
>>
>>3205043
>political beliefs, religiosity,
>altruism, and food preferences also have shown significant genetic influence
You realize this is what proves this paper wrong?
Religion isn't genetic, but it is very heritable.
Inheritability is not the same as genetic component.
>>
>>3205448
Explain Kansas, Montana and Idaho then.
>>
>>3205376
>Anon posts exagarated theory
>Post an article that breaks the non-heritability consensus
>B-bit this doesn't apply to my edgy model
Done here.
>>
>>3205366
>They don't?
They do. Go ask them about any historical event and most answers will be ''its modern thing/people I don't like's fault reeeeeeee''.
>>
>>3205459
Good. If you the least bit involved in the sciences you'd know that one disputed paper does not change a consensus.

Go away.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>3205458
They're not shit at all. Montana has one of the highest IQs in America.
>>
File: pepe (2).png (38KB, 158x158px) Image search: [Google]
pepe (2).png
38KB, 158x158px
>>3204731

>chating with a modern white supremacist
>africa couldnt develop much because tse tse, fly, massive jungle, massive desert, isolation...
>lol NO determinisnm is WRONG!, its just an excuse for their stupidity!!
>well then why couldnt they develop mr.white?
>because GENES &HAPLOGROUPS!
>and why did whites develop so nicely?
>because HARSH european winters!
>>
>>3205473
Nice citation.

I live in Montana. We just elected an amateur wrestler to congress and we tried to legalize drunk driving.

The cows are skewing the results.
>>
>>3204781
Coming from and living in Detroit, there are some pretty big reasons for the fall of Detroit.

1) We based our economy all on one export and production, and then became shit at it when foreigners beat us quality wise.
2. The lack of good schooling which caused the Whites to run away increasingly into the suburbs (it's called the White Flight here).
3. Lack of protective services. Police, firemen, etc
4. The general way the city was built. Everything was built so it goes around the city, not through. It was built like a wheel, which crippled the already dying city:
>>
>>3205487
Nice anecdote faggot. Minnesota also elected Jesse Ventura for governor, are they retards now?
>>
>>3205503
>Minnesota

Sarah Palin. Yes, they're retards too. Most everyone here is painfully stupid.
>>
>>3205480
It's both genes and environment, as environment influences genes. Niggers are retards simply because there was no evolutionary incentive for them to get smart.
>>
File: nuance.png (249KB, 1074x327px) Image search: [Google]
nuance.png
249KB, 1074x327px
>>3204781
>Why are historians such gene deniers.
I don't know whether to laughing or cry at this
>>
>>3205506
Sarah Palin is Alaskan you fucking mongoloid and Minnesota is consistently top 10 in PISA scores. Dixie and California always ends up in the bottom 10.
>>
>>3205509

And what was the incentive for euros and chinese?
>>
>>3205519
Weather mostly. They had to develop sophisticated agriculture to stack up food for the winter.
>>
>>3204781
>Pretty much undeniable. Genes are the best explanation.

I can't wait for you to suffer in life to the point of total failure, then i'll take a look at you and tell you begging on the streets "it's just ur genes brah"
>>
>>3205487
This is a very bad argument because for how much you think your fellow whites are stupid niggers are far worse.
Elected an amatuer wrestler to congress?
Legalize drunk driving?
You are aware that if niggers had their way there wouldn't even be a government other than who had the most guns and you wouldn't have any roads to begin with.
Not /pol/ but you morons need to stop saying "w-well white people are just as bad!" because it's really not helping your argument because blacks ARE worse using those standards given.

Far better argument is "IQ should not determine what rights you have"
>>
>>3205480
>lol NO determinisnm is WRONG!
No no no anon, he never said that, you're merely providing a false equivalence. He merely stated that your determinism is wrong.
>>3205464
>stormniggers are dumb for simplifying everything, let me use a simplified example to show it
>>
>>3204731
Their inability to explain shit and this thread proves it.
>>
>>3205517
Aw shit anon you're right. Her annoying accent made me think Minnesota, but she was born in Idaho and grew up in Alaska.
>>
>>3205536
Her being from Alaska is literally the most notable thing about her, how could you not know that?
>>
>>3205526
>niggers are a hive mind
>that hive mind is evil

Don't lecture me on arguements. Everything a black man is guilty of, whites are guilty of as well. Whites are just as bad as blacks, because we're both human and humans are fundamentally self-serving.
>>
>>3205470
>Epigenics confirmed to have additional impact elsewhere
>M-muh consensus
>>
>>3205542
I figured it was an Arnold Schwarzenegger thing [spoiler]also I was 14 at the time and believed what this faggy kid at school said and bothered to read a biography. I knew she was n Alaskan resident and governor, figured she was MN born[/spoiler]
>>
>>3205438
Fuck school
Never said that now did I lmao. I'm just saying school does not teach people to be intelligent it teaches people wisdom. There is a difference between intelligence and wisdom, hence the comment about crystallized and fluid IQ which you niggers couldn't understand?
>>3205441
Nope
>>3205453
>I said that biological determinism leads to all of your knowledge
Nope nice strawman tho
>Blacks don't make super churches, blacks don't protest vaccines, blacks don't think the world is flat or that nukes are fake
They think all of those things and more. You haven't lived around blacks much have you Anon?
>>
>>3205423
> going to school does not increase intelligence
Do you say this because you dropped out?
>>
>>3205551
>>3205551
>additional impact = determined from birth
>>
>>3205547
No niggers are not a have mind. They are, however, collectively worse than white people are at western style civilization.
>Everything a black man is guilty of, whites are guilty of as well.
White people don't had their countries rules by warlords. White people ( mostly ) don't have to worry about being murdered for being a different religion or being against the current ruler.
>Whites are just as bad as blacks
No, whites do superficially similarly bad things as blacks. Blacks are orders of magnitude worse. Isn't it funny how you have all these Africans wanting to immigrate to western countries, but almost zero of the reverse?
It's because African countries ARE worse.
>>
My take on it is that stormtards are right that whites are intellectually superior on average to most other races, and that this explains a great deal of whites' success. However, they are wrong in thinking that there is some unified Jewish scheme to control the world, and they are also wrong in thinking that fascism/national socialism are good systems of government (in reality they are shit). And yes, stormtards do tend to flock to simplistic explanations. Well, that's why we call them stormtards. People who have decent numbers of functioning brain cells usually don't fall into cult-like neo-Nazi idologies.
>>
>>3205562
No, it's because wisdom is not intelligence. This is just sad.

People have a finite amount of mental power they are born with that can't be changed, school can only improve people so much.
>ITT: People who know nothing about teaching
>>
>>3205565
>White people don't had their countries rules by warlords. White people ( mostly ) don't have to worry about being murdered for being a different religion or being against the current ruler.
I don't give a fuck about your discussion but I don't know how you can say this in a history board.
>>
>>3205565
Modern geopolitical nuances are not the result of blacks or whites, but of geography and agriculture.

Ethiopia was a nice place to live at one point, Iraq was a center of learning, and Carthage almost beat Roman
>>
>>3205565
>White people don't had their countries rules by warlords. White people ( mostly ) don't have to worry about being murdered for being a different religion or being against the current ruler.
>He said on /his/
Are you fucking serious? Tell me this isn't a serious post.
>>
>>3205577
>Carthage and Baghdad were once great places
When they weren't Arab... it's folk and environment not either or
>>
>>3205583
>Baghdad was never Arab

Jesus dude. The name is Arabic.
>>
>>3205493
How's the city nowadays?
>>
>>3205575
>>3205577
>>3205581
I'm saying that modern white people do not have to worry about these things.
Hell, modern asians don't have to worry about these things.
If Africans were equal to whites, then why the fuck are they having so much trouble industrializing? The "white people just aren't giving africans a fair deal" explanation can only go so far.
>>
>>3205589
Baghdad was formerly Persian... It's name wasn't Arabic then
>>
>>3205593
It's a combination of inherent ethnic factors but environment plus class (especially tribalism) go into the issue as well
>>
>>3205598
What was its Persian name then?
>>
>>3205593
Because whites industrialized first, then industrialized Africa and took the wealth. The short version.
>>
It was once upon a time ago i believed that WW1 was only caused by the death of Franz Ferdinand,or WW2 only happened because Hitler invaded Poland

Simplistic statements that while hold a bearing of truth,are not comprehensive and only explains a bare part of a casus
>>
>>3205593
>If Africans were equal to whites, then why the fuck are they having so much trouble industrializing?
Read a book on the subject before flocking to the easy explanation
>>
>>3205524
But europeans didn't develop argiculture...
>>
>>3205524

>They had to develop sophisticated agriculture to stack up food for the winter.

Except they didnt? If you read Caesar diary he mentions that germanics dont even farm. They hunted, fished and raided other, more advanced (farming) cultures.
>>
>>3205606
Ctesiphon. Baghdad was created as the spiritual inheritor of that city when it was destroyed by Arabs. They owe the Golden age to the Persians and Anatolians they conquered btw.
>>
>>3205568
Whites are superior and had a headstart
We introduced technology and civilization too early with the nogs
>>
>>3205624
>Caesar diary
>Reliable
>I killed like a bajillion of those guys
>Fuckin savages
Wew lad
>>
>>3204731
>>Carthaginians lost because they were brown berber subhumans fighting against superior white europeans
Youre telling me they lost for a different reason? [spoiler]:^)[/spoiler]
>>
>>3205030
Muslims are actually superior to us Europeans as they have created multiple civilizations and have conquered a lot buttmad spicskins like you are not superior to europeans as we conquered you. If there was a race ranking
>Arabs
>Yellows
>Jews
>Whites
>Indians
>Niggers
>lastly incas and aztec spics
>>
>>3205632
Whites had a headstart because they had the right conditions.
>>
>>3204731
>>3204751
There's a direct correlation between how simple someone believes something is and how little that person actually knows about it. Actually being educated tends to lead to the realization that everything's immensly complex and that you probably will never understand it fully.
>>
>>3204731
Not only it has to be simplistic for them to understand, it also has to fit their narrative. Bonus points if it makes them feel good about themselves.
>>
>>3205220
>we can guess
>>
>>3204812
This constant disregard for understanding bell curves and averages and trying to make the /pol/ argument of "things would be better with more white people and less brown people" into "white-only nations would be literally perfect in every way" is pathetic.

It's like if someone said seatbelts were a good idea and likely to save lives, and you came in mocking them because you think they're saying seatbelts would prevent 100% of road fatalities.

Nobody is saying everything would be A-OK. They're just saying things would be better.
>>
File: 1501654169024.jpg (23KB, 402x431px) Image search: [Google]
1501654169024.jpg
23KB, 402x431px
>negros are only deficient because of their environment! if they had a better environment they'd do better!
>I'm going to ignore the millennia of environmental pressure that cause them to evolve into what they are today though! environmental pressure only begin and and end at the most recent generation!
>>
>>3204857
Only we understand white people are better?
Can you link an article to why white people are genetically better?
>>
>>3204781
B8

Anyway, how do you explain white third world countries like Ukraine, Albania or south Italy?

>inb4 le they are not white XD >:( meme
>>
>>3205682
>jews superior to Incas
Hehe Literally the highest eurangutans cannot compete against Inca superiority.
>>
Why do /pol/tards despise humanities so much yet they glorify and worship non STEM people like Hitler, David Duke, etc?
>>
>>3204781
>Genes are the best explanation.
No. Democrat rule is far more destructive than any black community. Dumbocrats would prefer to pretend there is nothing wrong with African Americans, blame their cultural and economic problems on muh raycism, and have their city turn to shit than actually be assed to fix it.
Every Democrat city is a massive shithole
>b-but the Repu-
Democrats have held some cities for decades, Detroit is one of them, Chicago is another. NY improved dramatically under GOP rule, and what did the Democrats do during this period of falling crime rates and a strong economy? Bawl about racism, of course.
Democrats are subhuman (except for the ones in New England, they're still pretty decent).
>>
their lives are horrible; they're deadbeats..

the only thing they got going for them is their skin colour and the achievements of their ancestors.
>>
File: leftypol raid 2.jpg (683KB, 2008x1338px) Image search: [Google]
leftypol raid 2.jpg
683KB, 2008x1338px
>>3205005
>/pol/ has raids every now and again
AHAHAHAHAH, THIS IS WHAT LEFTYPOL ACTUALLY BELIEVES

>>3206523
why do you subhuman leftists think white people should hate their own race?
>>
People, especially stupid people, want easy explanations for things. It's the same reason why stupid and/or uneducated people often resort to supernatural explanations to things. It's also why people fall into black and white thinking about morality. (TRUMP IS HITLER!!!!! etc)
>>
>>3206553
Incas were superior to europeans though.
>>
File: 1495060678023.jpg (21KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495060678023.jpg
21KB, 300x400px
>>3204731

Haven't seen this anyway. Most Stormfront members believe the Carthaginians were pretty much white.

>"third world countries are poor because they're shitskins"

These two, albeit simplistic, are incredibly true. Only a fucking delusional liberal would deny this.
>>
>>3206610
Wrong. See>>3206580
>>
>>3206610
>These two, albeit simplistic, are incredibly true
are you sure?
pre-occupation korea was a shithole untiljapan conquered it. look where it's now.
>>
File: kek.png (160KB, 307x403px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
160KB, 307x403px
>>3206618
200 Spanish bulls conquered the entire Inca "Empire".
>>
>>3206626
Wrong. Eurangutan pestilence killed 90+% percent of the Amerindians and provoked the civil war. The natives then beat the Inca. Eurangutans just kept backstabbing everyone even their own kind hehe

Incas were superior to europeans. History demonstrates it. Get over it, euchimpean subhuman.
>>
>>3206610
>albeit simplistic, are incredibly true
You're a retard, read the thread
>>
>>3205592
Nowadays it's getting better, still not great though. You have the area around Wayne State College bringing in young people as well a business. Which is seriously helping. I still would never go past the down town area into the adjacent suburbs.

They have pockets of good communities, the rest are rundown mansions.
>>
>>3206632

How much Spanish blood do you have?
>>
Detroit fell to shit because their industry collapsed, but its a hellhole now because of dindus.
>>
>>3207373
My chalice filled by eurangutan blood every morning.

Incas were superior to europeans. History demonstrates it. Get over it, chimpo subhuman.
>>
>>3204924
>IQ predicts income.
Speaking of, if /pol/tards have such a big hard-on for racial IQ, doesn't that mean a perfect society would be one lorded over by Ashkenazi jews, East Asians, super-liberal Episcopalians, white Presbyterians, and some East Euro or Igbo immigrant, from time-to-time?
>>
>>3207414
It would actually mean to revive the Inca elite, which was superior to any european individual.
>>
>>3204861
>>3204961

quality posts
>>
>>3207414
>igbo immigrants
>smart
Enough with this meme.

And no, IQ is not the only factor relevant for a society. A certain degree of racial and cultural homogeneity is also required. High IQ cosmopolitanism only works for city states.
>>
>>3204781
Explain the Punic Wars then, brainlet.
>>
>>3204927
No, /pol/ does the "everyone was whiter in the past, but are now brown, because the evul brown man genocided everyone. We wuz carthaginians, and pharaohs, and Indus Valey, and chinks and shiet"

>>3205209
Said the rapefugee snownigger that ruined the Med. civilisations.
>>
>>3206152
literally who are you quoting
most environmentalists try to explain why sub-Saharan Africa never develop like other parts of the world in the first place
>>
>>3205298
He pretty clearly quoted your claim and asked if you could prove it, retard.
>>
>>3204731
Orcams Razor. Maybe you should try to integrate some RATIONALITY and SCIENCE into your life, too
>>
>>3207583
Were nazis inferior?
Are wh*te supremacists inferior?
>>
>>3207583
This post is so dumb, gay and retarded
>>
>>3204781
Occam's razor doesn't mean the first random explanation that pops into your mind and seems right to you is the simplest, and anything that strikes you as less likely is more complex.

Occam's razor only works, was only ever intended to work, if you know every single possible answer to a question, which is why it doesn't work in contexts like this, because situations involving the real world have too many variables, factors and influences, both known and unknown. You're not even realising that to actually tackle this question with Occam's razor you'd need to dig through and whittle down a near infinity of possibilities and combinations of various factors in different proportions, most of which you won't even think of.

It's also retarded how people, after trying to reduce this kind of issue as a binary, actually convince themselves that they've justified their sociological opinion as 'simpler' and that's that. Someone with even moderate intelligence can usually phrase the opposite of what they're saying as simpler.
>>
>>3209883
Continued because you're that dense that it takes this long to work through the nonsense of your arguement

Take what you're doing. Your basic logic is its either nature(genes) or nurture(environment) which, again, is already retarded because they're not mutually exclusive potential factors.

But here's the thing. 'Genes' relies on evidence of innate racial differences in IQ, which is something that has never been proven, is not well supported by science and which there is way less evidence for than the alternative.

That alternative is that environment varies wildly across the globe and provides different opportunities and challenges, resulting in different outcomes. It is an absolute fact that the world is vastly different across it, and that some situations are more amenable to the formation of certain societies.

So option (B) is a potential explanation based on things provably true. Option (A) has some data that is congruous with it(although most of that data can also fit other, contradictory models just as easily, if not more easily) but fundamentally no actual proof

An explanation based on factors that are overwhelmingly proven to be real is by all logic more simple than one based on unproven factors, meaning Occam's razor, in so far as it can be applied to this problem, would work against you when considered outside the context of 'my gut says genes.'

Then there’s the fact that to properly tackle this question based on actual genes and not sociological groups, you need to divide black people into hundreds of distinct groups because of African genetic diversity
>>
>>3204781
>Because Occam's razor.
You are incredibly stupid.
>>
>detroit was ruined because whites are raycisss
>third world countries are poor because of rayciss white imperialists

Stormfaggots think carthaginians were white.
>>
>>3205102
Ah yes, that discredited, dishonest, racist old white guy villain, James Watson.
>>
>>3205574
Holy shit. Do you seriously not understand the concepts other anons are trying to inculcate in you?

Your maximum IQ is not intrinsic: education is required to reach optimal levels. According to a Norwegian study during the 1950s, your IQ increases as your level of education increases.

https://www.voanews.com/a/study-more-education-increases-iq-score-136593433/169492.html

To expect otherwise is to expect an illiterate individual to excel at a verbal cognition test: simply impossible.
>>
File: iq_by_country.png (28KB, 1357x800px) Image search: [Google]
iq_by_country.png
28KB, 1357x800px
>>3204731
Let's be real for a second.
>>
>>3210139
Every single peer reviewed IQ study shows the effect of shared environments on IQ scores to be exactly 0.
>>
>>3210154
That's wrong though. Eurangutans are literally killing themselves. Their extinction is practically near.

IQ doesn't predict this, or it does?
>>
>>3205593
>I don't know history: the post
>>
>>3210170
Please provide these studies.
>>
>>3205524
By that logic, any society with agriculture would have developed into high-IQ societies: nope
>>
>meta thread complaining about stormniggers stays
>meta thread complaining about ledditors deleted
really makes me think
>>
>>3210253
Really activated my almonds too...
>>
>>3210253
You have to go back
>>
>>3210253
>>3210260
nice redditlingue
>>
File: 1ep4w7.png (26KB, 241x274px) Image search: [Google]
1ep4w7.png
26KB, 241x274px
>>3210170
>Every single peer reviewed IQ study shows the effect of shared environments on IQ scores to be exactly 0.
>>
>>3210253
this isn't a meta thread, you underage redditor
>>
>>3210253
people aren't bitching about ledditors in this thread? May as well start, stormniggers may be bad but at least they're honest about how they feel on the topic. Ledditors and leftypol are incessant in how they feel morally superior for what ever bullshit they love to puke on everyone on here and sperg with just as much fervor as the stormnigger when someone will eventually and righfully call them out on their bullshit.

They're both cancer m80
>>
>>3210261
Why don't you go browse a history subreddit? Seriously, I cannot understand if you're one of those people triggered by the words "kike" or "nigger", or by "controversial" topics like racial differences in IQ, why you would continue browsing pretty much the only history board which allows this kind of discussion as opposed to the literally thousands of moderated history forums and subreddits where you won't encounter any "hate ideas"
>>
>>3210278
Why don't you go back to your designated shitting board if you get so much flack?
>>>/pol/
>>
>>3210265
Nice rebuttal, nigger cum slurping faggot.
>>
>>3210286
Because I don't want to? Because I want to discuss history, and it seems logical to do it on a history board? Why don't you go suck a fat nigger dick you fucking nigger loving faggot piece of nigger shit?
>>
>>3207341
That's good to hear under this giant shit show of a thread.
>>
File: Arab_tears_factory.png (1MB, 1912x1452px) Image search: [Google]
Arab_tears_factory.png
1MB, 1912x1452px
>>3205682
Fuck off Ahmed
>>
>>3210287
You post no sources and you expect me to take you seriously?
>>
>>3204731
racism is a hell of a drug.
>>
File: battle.png (864KB, 1900x1364px) Image search: [Google]
battle.png
864KB, 1900x1364px
>>3210296
>>
>>3210294
You seem a little trigered there.
Why so emotional about posting on a mongolian basketweaving forum?
Are you autistic?
>>
>>3207414
Which IQ test are they using anyway? There are tons of different ones.
>>
>>3210314
Sorry, I assumed you knew what the fuck you were talking about. I forgot half of /his/ are retard redditors.

http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v47/n7/full/ng.3285.html?foxtrotcallback=true
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9549239

Now go back sucking nigger dicks until you at least read wikipedia's page on psychometrics.
>>
>>3210354
How am I triggered? I'm just giving you friendly advice, ;^) The triggered ones are the incessant whiners who whine, whine, whine about muh pol boogeyman
>>
File: ERE_Pepe.jpg (13KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
ERE_Pepe.jpg
13KB, 255x255px
>>3210325
>Arab
>Historians
"Ayo even though the entire army of the ERE was 90,000 men at most and they had just gotten out of a plague and 25 year war, we like killed their entire army in 2 battles only 2 years apart! BASED IBN KHALID AL WALID XDXDXDXD.
>Also we killed 1 million Persians in battle after battle lol
Arabs Historians were fucking Herodotus tier.
>>
>>3210362
>Estimates of heritability cluster strongly within functional domains, and across all traits the reported heritability is 49%.

>Twin studies of the major special mental abilities (verbal, spatial, perceptual speed and accuracy, memory) yield heritability estimates of about 0.50 and modest estimates of common environmental influence.
sincere question, do you even read your own shit, and why are you so fucking hostile?
>>
>>3210384
Hey nigger, do you know the difference between non shared and shared environment? I'm hostile because I'm sick and tired of smug niggers like yourself.

What's next, you're going to spout inane trivialities like "the only thing IQ tests measure are how good you are at taking IQ tests hurff durff"
>>
>>3210362
>/pol/ calling anyone reddit when they're the ones who brought r/the_donald newfags in
fuck off
>>
>>3210373
Search up Futuh literature. It's the earliest source of Arab propaganda.

Tl;dr

>we wuz welcomed as liberators everywhere we went
>we killed 1 jillion kuffars every day with only 12 men led by AL-BASED AL-KHALID
>>
>>3210384
He's a /pol/nigger and by default absolutely devoid of any reading comprehension or critical thinking skills.
>>
>>3210390
The second link does not cite anything about shared environments, the first link does it to say that the data is inconsistent, further weakening your point
>>
>>3210397
You're like a flat earther or a young earth creationist, y'know?
>>
>>3210373
>being this historically illiterate
as expected of a dumb frogposting byzaboo
>>
>>3210409
>The second link does not cite anything about shared environments,
Are you fucking kidding? Let me help you:

>Estimates of common environmental influence from the same studies are near zero. Studies of twins reared together and studies of unrelated individuals reared together yield sizable estimates of common family environmental influence in childhood but also demonstrate that this influence dissipates with age and approaches zero in adulthood
Gee, that was hard to spot. Took me at least 10 seconds.
>>
>>3210294
>Why don't you go suck a fat nigger dick you fucking nigger loving faggot piece of nigger shit?
Trying way too hard there son.
Remember where the fuck you are, none of this shit slightly offends anyone, we're on 4chan, one click away from watching amputees in bondage porn

take your underage ass and fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>3210154
Anyone that legitimately believes this map to be true holds no true intelligence.
>>
>>3210417
>>3210409
>>3210390
>>3210384
>>3210362
Your own fucking links discredit what you're saying, retard, do you have any trace of reading comprehension?
>>
>>3210433
i'm not a stormnigger, but please explain how it's wrong
>>
>>3210439
>Your own fucking links discredit what you're saying, retard
No they don't. I wonder what mental gymnastics you're doing to interpret the articles I posted as being proof that the shared environment is important. You must be a retard.
>>
>>3210445
Inca IQ should be in the high 120s
>>
File: Peters-Projection-Map.jpg (358KB, 1705x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Peters-Projection-Map.jpg
358KB, 1705x1100px
>>3210433
i agree
people who still uses M*rcator projection should be lashed down to a cross
>>
File: Pinnicleofargument.jpg (79KB, 777x656px) Image search: [Google]
Pinnicleofargument.jpg
79KB, 777x656px
>>3210412
Nice Ad Hominem fag
>Shit I don't have an argument
>Y-y-your dumb!
>>
>>3210446
the retard is strong with this one
>>
>>3210392
Reddit is a far left site. All the lefties kn 4chan are redditors.
>>
>>3205005
4chan isnpol you fool. We don't raid our own site.
>>
>>3204787
No.

When a nigger gets some money they want to move to an area with no black people.They know niggers will just eat away at their wealth,even if they try to put it back into the community,until it is gone.

So when these niggers move to these nice neighborhoods there is still the tendancy to nig even if it skips a generation or two(ie.rich black kids want to tap into their black side,not so much the african heritage but the niggerisms they think are so cute).They bring this nigger attitude and other niggers who just want to be in a civil environment subconciously but dont understand that their actions when multiplied by a whole community arent conducive to such a civil nature so they are constantly searching for virgin pastures to nigger up.....Oh no wait,they let the whiteman build in the frontier and then come in and revert it back to chaos.

This is what white flight is and it wont end until they start knocking at the gates of Jewish manors:"Looks pretty nice in there,say man why dont you let me in im OK im not like these other cats JACK!"

Once it comes down to that this inclusion facade will end and the Jews will cleanse the earth.
>>
>>3204731
Leftists only acknowledge genes when it fits their narrative.

>faggots were born gay! They can't help it!
>>
>>3210445
The sample sizes used to determine the numbers were insufficient. Moreover, I can understand IQ ranges in Africa being in the range of 80-100, but the average of 70 indicates mental retardation, you simply cannot have massive societies run by mental retards: especially countries like Ethiopia (a currently industrializing economy). The same retards that the West deems incapable in protecting their own self-interests.

Additionally, it places Indians in the 80-85 range, whilst the Indians within the United States currently project the most successful numbers in terms of financial well-being: certainly nowhere near that average.

I also refuse to believe the projection's number of 75 for Qatar, the wealthiest country on the planet in terms of GDP per capita. Albeit, they are an oil economy, they were able to intelligently exploit their resources; this contradicts their apparent near retardation.
>>
>>3204955
Then Incas were inferior.
>>
>>3210520
Further more, they can't ever accept that blacks are simply less intelligent. 1 it would never be politically expedient to do so. Leftist parties rely heavily on non white votes. Essentially saying blacks are dumber would be a no go.

2. They are blinded by their delusional egalitarian fantasies. Anyone with a brain can see that where ever there is an African diaspora or a population of blacks, there are certain trends that repeat themselves over and over no matter how much gibsmedat they receive.
>>
>>3204984
Not an argument.
>>
>>3210541
I don't see anyone here claiming that blacks have equivalent IQ's under an egalitarian ideology. People are simply trying to dispel the myth that intrinsic genes constituent the entirety of one's intelligence, and that intelligence is fixed during the nascent beginnings of one's life - without any environmental factors.

>Anyone with a brain can see that where ever there is an African diaspora or a population of blacks, there are certain trends that repeat themselves over and over no matter how much gibsmedat they receive

Generalizations such as this are simply not the case.
You reference welfare in your statement - that is the problem.
>>
>>3210433
The map shows no data on the sample size of populations tested, not does it show which testing method was used or during what period of time or specific year the testing/data collection was done.

I didn't post the map, but if I wasn't on my phone I could provide sources that for the most part corroborate the implications the map does a poor job of portraying.

It's a taboo these days in the academia worlds of anthropology, genetics, and social sciences to discuss the morphological, environmental, and cultural tendencies that have a great impact on a given population's IQ or cultural development of civilized society, but they are very real and quite distinct, but not in the asinine way of lumping all sub-Saharan Africans, mestizos, europids or mongoloid peoples together into a single grouping for blanket IQ scores.

Just look at the practical applications of forensic criminology or forensic anthropology and you'll see that whether it's PC or not, these distinctions do exist and do involve the realm of critical thinking skills, analytical skils, the skills involved in recognition of spacial/time patterns, and of seemingly utmost importance, the predilection a people have for great ability to think in the abstract. These skills are interestingly influenced by how language develops in a large part through the culture and the moral/ethical code that different societies and populations develop over thousands of years of adaptation to a particular environment, and remember that once culture is created as an adaptation to a specific environment, culture itself becomes an environmental factor that a society will adapt to further.

There's a fantastic article out there about a linguist creating the first English to Zulu dictionary, (at least I think it was Zulu, I'll search for the article and post it if I can find it) and the linguist was fascinated to find out that a lot of words that have to do with abstract thought or thinking in third person (cont)
>>
>>3210596
So are you saying that the vernaculars of a certain language limit or expand on the population's ability to think in the abstract?
>>
>>3210590
>welfare is the problem

Another blame white people explanation huh. Funny. It can never be just them.
>>
>>3210623
>Funny. It can never be just them.
Well of course it can't, because we all know that blacks would otherwise score exactly like whites ;^)
>>
>>3210623
Welfare creates a culture of dependency. It isn't white people's fault, it is the blacks that voted for the Democrats, thus, deriving revenue, and in some cases fatherhood, from the government.
>>
>>3210650
Why aren't super liberal cities like Seattle or Portland shit holes like Detroit? Asians and Jews are overwhelmingly democrat, why aren't they gibsmedat?

Welfare only exacerbates the problem. It isn't the root.
>>
>>3210666
Asians and Jews weren't 2nd class citizens.
They were more like 1.5.
They weren't white ( with all the consequences that brings ) but they weren't niggers either.
>>
What did I mean by this? >>>/pol/136535558
>>
>>3210666
Firstly, I am not concocting the argument that being a Democrat translates into yearning welfare. The logistics of which are entirely regional.

Secondly, it is quite fallacious to compare immigrants to niggers. Immigrants overwhelming outperform the natives when it comes to the realm of income. Interestingly, it isn't only Asians or Jews: Nigerians, Ghanaians, Lebanese, etc all fall under this category. Now compare this to American blacks, the very people that lost in Africa leading to their slavery in America, and then subsequently lost in America, created their own distorted culture in which the very brands that make people successful are shunned in the name of anti-assimilation.

I wouldn't compare the two groups. It is especially insulting to African immigrants that do make a living worth respect whilst having to deal with the absurdity of black Americans.
>>
>>3210596
Cont.

The linguist was fascinated to find out that there was no word or translation in the native dialect for abstraction or to think abstractly or in a third person perspective. Words or ideas portaying abstractions like to imagine, have empathy, or self-reflection were not concepts that were prominent enough enough in culture for the native oral dialects to have a specific word for. The linguistic professor also found that time when used in an abstract or imaginative scenario was near impossible to convey in the native oral dialect. This might be a linguistic phenomena thats primarily characteristic in oral languages with no writing. When you think about it, without a written language, how can you orally pass down a word that is representative of a concept that is abstract by nature? How can represent a concept like the time it takes for a lion to count his paws? How do you teach a phrase like "put yourself in someone else's shoes" when this requires an abstract form of thinking that separates a person from their own perspectives and has them imagine the perspective of another person or idea?

The linguist goes on to cite anecdotes from his decades of living and teaching in africa, and how at times it was very difficult to relay an idea or a message that involved an abstract use of time, space, or circumstance. He wrote about a time his car was blocked in his driveway by a group of men parked on the street, and although he politely asked them to move their car so he wouldn't be late to work and they politely agreed to move their car, they didn't seem to understand the abstraction that he needed it moved NOW. They spoke English, but their limited understanding of the language based on their preconceptions derived from their own oral language didn't allow them to understand that he needed the car not only to be moved, but to be moved right away because they didn't understand or recognize the abstract perspective that he needed to go somewhere by a (cont)
>>
>>3206466
>third world Albania

Have any of you niggers actually visited the place? It isn't as shit as most think it is and it's a vastly better place to live and reside in than anywhere in Africa and most of Asia.
>>
>>3210700
This is interesting, but the example is highly anecdotal. And this doesn't explain the regions of Africa that speak Semitic languages.
>>
>>3210685
Hey fuckers bump my thread /pol/ doesn't work for mobile posting
>>
>>3210699
You do realize that African immigrants are the cream of the crop compared to the retardation of their native stock right? They are NOT representative of the average African. When you actually stop cherry picking between immigrants and American blacks and look at the big picture, you find their inadequacies are consistent throughout both African and American black populations. Blacks suck. Period.
>>
>>3204731
>>"detroit was ruined because niggers"
Yes it was. Coleman young fucked everything up. When the whites left detroit went to shit.
>>
>>3207486
This
PERSIANS WERE WHITE is so infuriating
So, say they were whiter skinned. I thought that race was more than color, it was also muh IQ and muh bone structure. What now? They change everything to suit their narrative
>>
>>3210730
>Blacks suck. Period.
You seem like the kind of guy that was bullied at an all black school.

The "cream of the crop" argument can be made for all immigrant groups. However, its actually rather impressive to have African immigrants considering the fact that most African countries have appalling literacy rates/educational facilities. Asian countries on the other hand have benefited greatly from Western manufacturing industries setting up facilities within their respective nations.
>>
>>3210724
Fuck you
>>
>>3210759
>You seem like the kind of guy that was bullied at an all black school.
Nope. But that does happen a lot. Which why integration will never work.

>The "cream of the crop" argument can be made for all immigrant groups.
It's especially notable in this instance considering the majority of Africans are literally retarded by 1st world standards. The immigrants that come here are EXTREME outliers. Asians and Europeans, having starting off from a higher average intelligence already, the deviation isn't that large.
>>
>>3210616
Yes, more or less that is what I'm trying to convey.
Not just the vernacular or semantics involved, but the whole concept of thinking in a perspective that is not one's own or imagining an abstract scenario like a thought experiment can be vastly difficult for someone to understand if the entirety of their vocabulary comes from an orally taught language that has placed no emphasis on the abstract or concise, and entirely new words need to be created or introduced to this oral language in order for the speaker to broaden their understanding of these concepts.
>>
>>3210685
>He's bridging it
You don goofed, nigger.
>>
>>3210788
>The immigrants that come here are EXTREME outliers.
You say that like it doesn't matter
Are you saying even the outliers, who have already proven themselves to not be dumb niggers, are bad too?
>>
>>3210745
Persians WERE white - look up the Aryan migrations and caucasoid bone structure distribution. They still are one of the whitest ME countries.
>>
>>3210804
Nigger just because we are Caucasian doesn't mean we're pig nosed snowniggers
>>
>>3210811
No, but it means that you have genetic traits of caucasians.
>>
>>3210700
(Cont)
>>3210700
They spoke English, but their limited understanding of the language based on their preconceptions derived from their own oral language didn't allow them to understand that he needed the car not only to be moved, but to be moved right away because they didn't understand or recognize the abstract perspective that he needed to go somewhere by a precise deadline or else his entire schedule would suffer consequences. After explaining to them further that he didn't mean he needed them to move their car in general, but right now, they seemed confused and a little hurt as if he wanted them to go away because he did not like them. He explained that he needed to use his car RIGHT NOW and this was no reflection on these men or their being bad people or bad company, but that he needed to be somewhere by a specific time and if he wasn't, he could not get to the school in time to teach the class. They moved their car at this point and as he was pulling out from his dwelling, they asked why couldn't the class just wait while he joined them in the street for a coffee, and feeling that he was spinning in circles at this point, just told the men that there are many classes that all need to be taught today and everyday at specific times, and there is only so much time in one day for this to be done, and with a polite wave he drove to work.
>>
>>3210797
I'm saying they're irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. why would I spend my time catching hell for blacks because like 5 of them are decent when for every 1if them there are a million of Europeans just as good or better
>>
>>3210821
Obviously, there are Africans across the continent that have lived and adapted to the use of European/arabic languages and time tables generation by generation, so this problem is not as common as it was when the linguist wrote of his time there in the 1980s I believe, but to this day, if you've visited Africa, you will come to be familiar with the term "Africa Time" when asking why people seem to do things in a slow and diligent manner when performing a task rather than adhering to the set time limit they tell you they'll stick with or they are told to adhere to.

I'll try to find the article now so I can stop paraphrasing. I apologize if it's on a stormfag site as supposed evidence of African stupidity, when its a legitimate article about how linguistic characteristics can affect a society's ability to understand foreign concepts
>>
>>3210817
Yes, not all Caucasians are white Germanic pagans cletus..
>>
>>3210822
>I'm saying they're irrelevant in the grand scheme of things
Nope. On an social scale they are very relevant.
>why would I spend my time catching hell for blacks because like 5 of them are decent
This is the antithesis of the values America was founded on. Innocent until proven guilty mean anything to you? Arguing with people who are anti-freedom is pointless.
>>
>>3210788
You literally just displayed your ignorance of historical factors whilst ignoring the entirety of my argument.

1) You mention that integration will never work without explaining the substance behind your statement. Please explain to me how the US hasn't fallen apart to the hands of the refractory negro.

2} You mention that Africans are "literally retarded by 1st world standards." By this statement, I assume you're generalizing the average IQ of the continent to be 70, the point of mental retardation. This is quite fallacious due to the fact that such a number is highly illogical, and the means that derived this number were erroneous.

3) Asians and Europeans were not at the same level of development during the 20th century. With the exception of Japan: China, SK, Vietnam, etc were all poor, low-IQ shitholes. Through the advent of capital flight from the US, East Asia was able to industrialise. One can make the argument that Africa is in the position today most of East Asia was in 40 years ago. As wages rise in China, the capital will begin its flight once more.
>>
>>3210804
LOL noway. Most Persians look like pajeets, the whitest middle-easterners are Turks and Georgians based on my observations.
>>
>>3210791
You know what? This is the most rational argument for African stupidity I have seen in this entire thread. Albeit, it doesn't explain the groups that adhere to either Semitic or European languages; however, such regions are/did experience considerable growth.
Very interesting.
>>
>>3210844
What do you think America was founded on? You do realize our founding fathers were slave owners right? Lmao. Yeah but muh freedom. It's very clear America was meant for a certain type of man. A white man
>>
>>3210851
Yes. If we just teach the blacks the magic of capitalism, they will become just like us! Capitalists are so delusional.
>>
>>3210893
>It's totally fine to arbitrarily restrict freedom, I'll never be on the receiving end of that boot!
t. anon who probably posts in "why do sjws censor everything" threads
>>
>>3210717
Of course, much of the article is anecdotal and about his time teaching across Africa and not just his theory as a linguist about how orally taught languages limit a person's ability to develop their abstract, critical, and analytical thinking skills unless they put a huge effort into studying not only foreign language, but the contexts and concepts that come with them. As far as people speaking Semitic languages for centuries, they likely wouldn't have this problem as they've been thinking and writing within the highly developed confines of these expansive languages, as opposed to their entire vocabulary and conceptualization of life wasn't taught to them by a small village of 20-80 people with no writing or formal education besides perhaps a tribal historian or story teller that passes down the oral history of their peoples
>>
>>3210875
Read
>>3210910
>>
>>3210905
Tell me where I said I want to restrict any bodies freedom you lying cuck
>>
>>3210923
>why would I spend my time catching hell for blacks because like 5 of them are decent
The implications of such beliefs are obvious.
>>
>>3210928
So because I'd rather advocate for group x that means I'm anti group y?

Really makes you think.
>>
>>3210154
>trusting chink IQ results

Almost as silly as trusting their PISA results
>>
>>3210875
Also, I don't think Africans are dumb. People in general are dumb. I just think that Africans have been the last group of humans to be exposed to the world at large due to their extremely hostile homeland, and are being artificially and rapidly forced to go through a growing process that all other humans went through over a course of thousands of years.

So yes, take a dirty, naked, self-mutilated, African tribesman with no education besides his orally taught language and very limited control over his base animal impulses, drop him off in Manhattan, and he will be exceedingly stupid and potentially dangerous.

Take a wealthy, yuppie, ivory-tower, gender studies professor snob from Berkeley and plop him into the bush with a bunch of naked, crazy, hooting tribesmen and see how well he conforms when it comes to hunting, tracking, making medicinal tinctures from foliage, creating bone/stone tools and weaving ropes or baskets out of sinews or plant materials. Chances are, he'll be deemed useless, executed, and eaten before the savage chucking javelins at cars in Manhattan gets shot by the cops.

Intelligence can be relative.
>>
>>3204857
>We know that a person's politics and socioeconomic position are heavily influenced by genes. Humans are biological creatures, and like every biological creatures, we are all genetic construct. Why do you think even bacteria show behavioral differences?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3KJBo12PgM
>>
>>3210825
This is not the article I was making references to and paraphrasing this whole time, couldn't find it. But here is a BBC article about a tribe in the Amazon forest that has no concept of the abstractions of time or space, apparently. Didn't read the entire thing, but this should give some insight into how language can affect a society's ability to understand complex concepts and therefore appear to be dumb or limited.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-13452711
>>
>>3210791
>>3210596
Sapir-Worf is a theory that has been debunked a long time ago anon
Anyways there are hundreds of types of languages in Africa so that generalisation doesn't even work
>>
>>3211235
Did you even read all of my posts, let alone the link I posted right above your post?
>>
>>3211475
If you read even half the things I posted you may have caught on to the part about me roughly paraphrasing an anecdotal article by a single linguist and his theories and experiences
>>
>>3210446
>No they don't
Yes they do, see >>3210417 and stop wasting peoples time because you're being told /pol/ is mostly wrong.
>>
>>3211490
>>3211475
Actually I didn't, I just suspected your post maybe about that.
>>
>>3205222
>>3205249
Your problem is that you don't actually understand what personality is. From a psychometric perspective, it simply 5 basic traits: Extroversion, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, Openness, and Neuroticism. These traits are easily measured and heavily, yes - heavily, genetically influenced. It's not your philosophical outlook on life or the whole story of your character, but just like IQ it is easily measurable and heavily genetically influenced. And what I consider to be the leading psychologist of the world, Jordan Peterson, is working to split up each trait into 2 sub-traits, as well as create a new personality test that will measure your traits as accurately as it has ever been done before.

t. psychology student
>>
>>3205225
It's a measured personality trait, and the disparity between genders across cultures proves it is heavily biologically influenced. It doesn't invalidate the claim, it only proves it.
>>
File: 1499364966439.jpg (88KB, 782x729px) Image search: [Google]
1499364966439.jpg
88KB, 782x729px
>>3204731
>Carthaginians
>berber
According to their own depictions of themselves they appear to be "snowniggers" but thats beside the point they were beat because they relied on mercenaries and were incapable of strategic flexibility at least compared to the romans who for elaboration invented a fucking swiveling bording bridge for a single naval battle against the fleet of carthage and the war was only fought once the romans were confident they had the ressources to contest carthagos sphere.
They won because they picked their battle and their foe was full of themselves.
>>
>>3204857
>We know that a person's politics and socioeconomic position are heavily influenced by genes
Because they define your potential in society which in turn dictates your political beliefs i.e. a genetic loser will endorse socialism bevause it reduces the burden on that individual and a lottery winner will of course opt for the status quo where more is to be gained for the ambitious.
>>
>>3205189
Here you just redefined what a word meant for your own benefit. No, it only 'implies' it does most of the work from your perspective. Heavy influence means heavy influence, which unspecifically means a lot of influence. 'Most of the work' would specifically be referred to as the main influence. Then you went on to post Wikipedia article on statistical significance to prove your claim, which has nothing to do with the semantics of "heavy" or "strong" influence and what you define them as. You were arguing using semantics, here, and you were wrong anyway.
>>
>>3204861
>10 iq points
On average thats the difference a first world country and a thrid world utopia so it is a valid concearn even if (you) are in the lower echelon because your social kickback is reduced.
Also white is just a term niggers use to describe caucasians. There is a multitude of people in europe allwith their genetic quirks and none are equal.
Eastern europe is a shithole because it lies between dominating powers in europe and is subsequently prone to sabotage in order to prepare invasions.
That said they do have not been able to compete with the more industrious western powers and the more numerous eastern so there you have your answer you google for facts consulting summer child.
>t. Half polish, half man
>>
>>3204996
A clear misunderstanding (lest you want to admit lying on purpose) of jewish resentment by christians.
Christianity was founded because the jewish religion had been coopted by the converts who are in biblical terms are even referred to as "false jews".
Not that the likes of you cared for facts anyhow.
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.