[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Cú Chulainn the Irish equivalent of Karna from Hindu mythology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0995.jpg (36KB, 250x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0995.jpg
36KB, 250x356px
Was Cú Chulainn the Irish equivalent of Karna from Hindu mythology?
>>
>>3160107

No.
>>
>>3160107
According to Dumèzil, and IIRC...

Indra = Tulius = Starkadr = Heracles = (iranian I don't remember the name) = Cú chullain

At least on the narrative of the warrior cycle.

The book is "the Destiny of the warrior" (read it in spanish, El destino del guerrero, no idea if there is an english translation of the book)
>>
>>3157960
>>3159129
Hello Paddeet!
>>
>>3160136
As a counter to this - yes.
>>
>>3160254
>(iranian I don't remember the name)
Rostam
Cu Chulainn has parallels with Rostam.
>>
Cú Chulainn is my favorite Shin Megami Tensei demon.
>>
>>3160254

Utter nonsense. Cu Chullain dates from around 200AD, Herakles is from 2,000 BC, bit of a gap there don't you think?
>>
>>3161226
I think you lack some neurons and cannot into mythemes
>>
heh, more like cucklain amirite?
>>
File: 1462399905550.png (173KB, 600x365px) Image search: [Google]
1462399905550.png
173KB, 600x365px
>>3160107
>tfw Ferdia's death
>>
File: 1501323766487.jpg (77KB, 700x855px) Image search: [Google]
1501323766487.jpg
77KB, 700x855px
>>3161302
Actually m8 Cú Chulainn was usually the one doing the cucking
>>
>>3160107
I'm pretty aure Karna couldn't turn into some sort of flesh beast

>The first warp-spasm seized Cúchulainn, and made him into a monstrous thing, hideous and shapeless, unheard of. His shanks and his joints, every knuckle and angle and organ from head to foot, shook like a tree in the flood or a reed in the stream. His body made a furious twist inside his skin, so that his feet and shins switched to the rear and his heels and calves switched to the front... On his head the temple-sinews stretched to the nape of his neck, each mighty, immense, measureless knob as big as the head of a month-old child... he sucked one eye so deep into his head that a wild crane couldn't probe it onto his cheek out of the depths of his skull; the other eye fell out along his cheek. His mouth weirdly distorted: his cheek peeled back from his jaws until the gullet appeared, his lungs and his liver flapped in his mouth and throat, his lower jaw struck the upper a lion-killing blow, and fiery flakes large as a ram's fleece reached his mouth from his throat... The hair of his head twisted like the tangle of a red thornbush stuck in a gap; if a royal apple tree with all its kingly fruit were shaken above him, scarce an apple would reach the ground but each would be spiked on a bristle of his hair as it stood up on his scalp with rage.
>>
File: smug dog.png (121KB, 309x300px) Image search: [Google]
smug dog.png
121KB, 309x300px
>Violently raped his teachers sister
>only spared her life when she promised to give birth and raise his rape baby
>killed his own son
>once went on a rampage killing random villagers by ripping off their throats with his bare hands
>killed his best friend by LITERALLY shoving his Gae Bulg up his ass
>Told Medb to fuck off instead of killing her
>can transform into >>3161437
>once got so pissed 1/3 of all men in Ireland died
>died because a old woman offered him dogmeat, even when he has a gaes on him that forbids him eating dog, because he can't refuse hospitality
>This guy is considered a """"""hero"""""""
>>
>>3160254
Lol, wewuzzer trying to push this "muh ancestral protoindoeuropean culture" grasping at straws as always, pathetic.
>>
>>3161502
>>Violently raped his teachers sister
Didn't she get turned on by Cu btfoing her in combat?
>>killed his own son
Was on a ges that meant that Connla would not reveal his name nor give way to anyman. Cu was in the right.
>>killed his best friend by LITERALLY shoving his Gae Bulg up his ass
He was apart of the Red Branch rebels. Cu was the Champion of Ulster.
>>died because a old woman offered him dogmeat, even when he has a gaes on him that forbids him eating dog, because he can't refuse hospitality
He ate the dogmeat unknowingly it was dogmeat
>>
>>3161551
>>3161502
What's the point of a Geas anywho. Is there any benefit to it or is it basically just a situational curse
>>
File: c62.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
c62.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>3161514
Lol brainlet who cannot into comparative mythology, indoeuropean studies adding absolutely nothing as always, pathetic
>>
>>3161643
Literally MUH DICK

The more you have and the longer you go without breaking them the cooler you are
>>
>>3161514
Pajeet pls. Go back to >>>/facebook/ to write rape treats. That's as far as you'll go
>>
>>3161514
>What is comparative mythology
>>
>>3161502
>Violently raped his teachers sister
mythical /ss/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.