[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Best System of Government?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: govt.jpg (58KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
govt.jpg
58KB, 1200x630px
What is the best system of government? How do you promote and protect individual interests while maintaining cohesiveness and social health(and avoiding degeneracy)? How do you prevent tyranny and abuse of the people?

With democracy, stupid people can vote in stupid laws. In a monarchical or oligarchical system, there is more room for abuse and corruption.

I was reading about Albert Speer and what he had to say about the Third Reich. "He judged that the pathological secrecy and corruption within a dictatorial system more than canceled out the theoretical benefits of greater centralization", referring to the rule of the Nazi Party. I've heard something similar about arabic dictatorships (see http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars).
How do you distinguish between over and under centralization?

Is it impossible to create a "perfect" government? After all, people all have their own individual interests. Maybe it's a futile effort.
>>
Democracy
>>
A republic, if you can keep it.
>>
>>3104730
elaborate. What is a republic? Why would one not be able to keep it?
>>
>>3104700
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>3104694
First lets clear up all, dumbassery. There is no best system of government. It either works, barely keeps afloat, or it crumbles.

Now if you are asking what can most likely lead to a steady government in modern times with people being decently to okay in well off.

It would be a Constitutional Republic (United States) or Constitutional Monarchy (UK and others). Anything with a natural constitution that is the law of the land and with written checks and balances for the powers and allows the people to take part.
>>
>>3104804
But the US sucks. It was the government that put Obamacare into effect. It was the government that's made many serious mistakes in general in recent times. Do you seriously think we can't do better than what we have now?
>>
>>3104763
a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch

republics require either a limited democracy of engaged electorate or an intelligent and aware public to keep it from functioning at it's fullest potential and in check.

direct democracy ultimately devalues and allows politicians to appeal to the lowest common denominator. mob rule, populism etc.
>>
Benign dictatorship under an immortal God king

Failing that, a representative democracy
>>
>>3104947
How does that differ from a democracy?
Also, why would I want stupid people and criminals to decide the future of my country? Wouldn't it make more sense to delegate authority to an entity that can be held responsible for its actions, and one that is fit to rule? The idea of democracy is nice and all, but lets be realistic, the majority of people have no business deciding the fate of a country.
>>
>>3105227
>>3104947
Same guy. My bad. I didn't see the rest of your post.

>republics require either a limited democracy of engaged electorate or an intelligent and aware public

How do you accomplish that?

>lowest common denominator. mob rule, populism
>populism

You wanna know how I know you are a leftie?

"A political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups."

What's wrong with that?
>>
>>3104694
Meritocratic technocracy under hereditary absolute monarch, to settle conflicts between particular branches of government.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.