[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Customer is Always Right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

So is it true?

Is the customer always right?
>>
No.
>>
>>3098418

Of course no. The customer is only right if it is profitable to comply with his demands. If his demands are so outrageous that it would be unprofitable to fill them, then the customer is not right.
>>
>>3098418
Fuck no

t. College retail slave
>>
>>3098418
>middle-aged
woah
>>
"The customer is always right" is not even a statement meant to be true because it is clearly not. It's about business strategy and customer service. Before this term was coined, the rule of the day was "caveat emptor" or "buyer beware". It was originally directed as a word of caution to buyers but it became moral license for sellers to do bad shit like put wood chips in bread. The consumer rights movement happened and sellers had to adjust to the changing market conditions to better service demand.

Also >>>/biz/ unless you want to talk about the history of consumer rights movements.
>>
unless it involves money
>>
>>3098418
Anyone who has worked in retail for 10 to 15 minutes will tell you no, the customer is rarely right.

Especially drunk/high customers, when I worked retail I wish I could have picked up drunkards/crank heads and physically remove them from my employers premises.
>>
>>3098435
>>3098486
>>3098651

How do you go about telling the customer that they're wrong. Its widely known the people at their core are entitled assholes who believe they should be handed everything. Prob deep seated lust for power maybe? Regardless why do companies buy into this notion knowing that its wrong? Lying to people makes them feel all warm and fuzzy but is it healthy for our psyches in the long run? To continue to peddle this self absorbed culture?
>>
Sure is!
>>
>>3098996
>How do you go about telling the customer that they're wrong.
By treating them like children, but even then most of them are too fucking dense to figure it out. Best way to deal with them is to guide them to the point where they want to talk to the manager, then you can wash your hands of it.
>>
>>3098418
No, the customer is usually wrong and a moron
>>
>>3098996
The psychological root of it are our strong social instincts. Making a mistake is seen as weakness and we fear a drop in social status. If they get triggered they will take their custom elsewhere.

Rather than outright telling them they are wrong it is better to give them more information or say something like "if you are looking for a larger dildo might I suggest the bad dragon 9001 which seems to be popular among older women".
>>
>>3099030
Thats usually how it goes. Usually nothing I can personally do because customer is demanding free shit I won't be giving away
>>
>>3098418
*The customer is dumb

FTFY
>>
Treat the customer as if he is most certainly right, especially when he is very wrong

some call centre guys for one of the ISP's here had a great thing going: if a customer threatened to switch to a different ISP they'd say "ok, I'll just connect you to our disconnect line and we'll take the cancellation fee, then we're golden, yeah?"
folks then do a hard backtrack and mumble an apology.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.