[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which side committed worse war crimes during The Troubles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 50

File: maxresdefault.png (60KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.png
60KB, 624x352px
Which side committed worse war crimes during The Troubles?
>>
>>2934127
The English Government
>>
>>2934300
There hasn't been an English government since the 18th century
>>
PIRA probably
>>
>>2934127
>war crimes

was there a war?
>>
File: 1458004604739.gif (9KB, 482x363px) Image search: [Google]
1458004604739.gif
9KB, 482x363px
Gonna get this in before the thread goes to shit.

Neither side are the good guys.

In regards to "who was MORE morally bakrupt" I'd say the loyalist paramilitaries, by a hair. IRA were pretty grim too, but while their killcount was much higher the biggest chunk of their targets were combatants, I guess.

British Security forces and the RUC were pretty shitty too.

All in all, there were no good guys. Blaming the IRA for everything is retarded as the conflict was a result of loyalist aggression reaching boiling point thanks to dear old Paisley, but the "war" devolved into a series of petty revenge attacks.

Paisley and McGuinness redeemed themselves through the peace process and later work as statesmen, but to try and apply good and bad to the Troubles (as with most of history) is retarded.

Anyway. The can of worms is open, enjoy your /pol/ thread.
>>
>>2934355
My guess is he's an american (he can't differentiate between the UK and England) and owing to his acne, bad looks and odd voice he has convinced himself that he is of Irish ancestry so roots for who he guessed were their adversaries.
The red hand of Ulster has a crown on top so it must be England...
>>
>>2934545
The GFA more or less acknowledged it as a war
>>
File: 1496977047741.png (550KB, 1174x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1496977047741.png
550KB, 1174x1026px
>>2934127
ULSTER
SAYS
NO
>>
File: 1497010376025.jpg (64KB, 960x678px) Image search: [Google]
1497010376025.jpg
64KB, 960x678px
>>2934556
Graph is misleading, IRA bombed the supply lines so its not our fault
>>
>>2934127

Can someone sum up what this is about?
>>
>>2934642
IRA blew people up trying to reunited Ireland despite most people in Ulster not wanting to.
Loyalists killed people in revenge attacks after IRA bombs and murders
>>
>>2934687
Wrong
>>2934642
Catholics wanted civil rights, were denied them. Revived the IRA to protect their communities. The two communities escalate the violence
>>
>>2934556
>the British security forces are shitty compared to the IRA for fighting back
>>
>>2934687

if they were trying to reunite ireland, why did they blow up irish people?
>>
>>2934691
>Catholics wanted civil rights, were denied them
Except for, you know, the part where they already legally were given the same rights as the rest of the UK but kept blowing up Protestants
>>
>>2934716
Northern Irish Protestants aren't Irish, but they also killed Irish Catholics for being ''west brits''
>>
>>2934717
Hmmm yes Catholics had the same rights as Protestants at the beginning of The Troubles. What am I thinking?
wtf i hate Catholics now
>>
>>2934721
Legally they did, and at the start of the troubles they were given more rights, yet continued their bloodlust
>>
>>2934300
How?
>>
>>2934556
>graph shows IRA killed twice as many men as loyalists and British army put together
THEY WUZ THE GOOD BOYS!!!!1111
This is why flags need to be introduced to /his/, to stop sneaky seamus
>>
>>2934727
>what is the RUC
>what is the Special Powers Act
Stop posting
>>
>>2934759
>enforcing the law makes you the bad guys
>enforcing the law makes you the bad guys
wtf i love fenian death squads now!
>>
>>2934805
This is bait
>>
>>2934642
Just watch a Celtic v Rangers game
>>
>>2934808
>WAHHH WAHHH A DISSENTING OPINION IN MY SAFESPACE, B-BAIT!!!
The STATE of you
>>
>>2934701
No, but they did some very needless and abhorrent things too.
They had the IRA infiltrated up the ass while they still helped the UVF do some terrible shit.
>>
>By the end the British couldn't even fly helicopters because of PIRA taking potshots at them
How did the British empire come so unstuck against a bunch of gainfully unemployed LARPers when they fucked Argentina in the arse a decade earlier?
>>
Belfast is the vietnam of the west.
>>
neither
>>
>>2934854
>needless
K
>>
>>2934739
>killing people in a war is bad
Wew
>>
>>2934556
Black and Tan Status: BTFO
>>
Deep State
>>
File: Nanking_bodies_1937.jpg (235KB, 800x559px) Image search: [Google]
Nanking_bodies_1937.jpg
235KB, 800x559px
>>2934127
Japs
>>
The Hun trembles in his jackboots. Soon all Ireland will be free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTjR8e40Lnw
>>
File: 1484484869014.jpg (352KB, 1151x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484484869014.jpg
352KB, 1151x900px
>>2934596
>>2934608
NEVER
>>
File: MK-PEPE.jpg (64KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
MK-PEPE.jpg
64KB, 499x499px
>>2936674
;^)
>>
>>2934719

So if Northern Irish Protestants aren't "Irish" and are consequently an undesirable population, then why...

Is your stupidity dawning on you yet?

t. not that other guy but you're dumb as fuck for not having anticipated this correct line of attack
>>
>>2937218
I really have no idea what you're getting at, the country is Northern Ireland (also called Ulster), not the republic or ireland. The majority of the country considers themselves to be Ulstermen or british, NOT irish.
The only reason the country isn't called Ulster is Catholics sperg out when we call it that
>>
>>2934586

Thats a lot of projection.
>>
>>2938074
But there are more Catholics than protestants there.
>>
>>2938102
But there aren't
45% Catholic
48% Protestant
And during the 70s it was more like 60-40
>>
>>2938162
>>2938102
60-40 protestants-catholics I mean
>>
>>2934871

It's almost like one instance was a formal war between two uniformed armies and the other was a well equipped terrorist campaign.
>>
>>2934556
>IRA killed more IRA than everyone else put together

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>2938279

Like most guerilla/terrorist organisations, they have 47845 different splinter factions that all hate each other and spend as much time fighting amongst themselves as they do their enemy.
>>
>>2934739
>Killing the enemy combatants in a war is bad

If you lump combatant deaths in with civilian deaths, you're a retard.

Eliminating combatant deaths, the British had the least violent impact, the IRA had the second least violent impact and the loyalists had unquestionably the most violent impact.

Still though, tit for tat. Neither side were "good".

>>2938279
The IRA splintered more than a door in a fucking wood chipper lad
>>
>>2938365
Combatant deaths absolutely should be included, bastards killed plenty of good soldiers
>>
>>2938373
Yes and arguably the allied soldiers in World War 2 killed plenty of good german soldiers but that isn't a moral outrage in the same way german soldiers bursting into a home and shooting up a family would be.

Nobody says it's "good" that they died, but there is nothing morally questionable about shooting the enemy soldier who's job it is to shoot you, you fucking retard.

The IRA were scumbags, but killing British soldiers isn't even part of the reason why.
>>
>>2938388
>The IRA were scumbags, but killing British soldiers isn't even part of the reason why.
it is though, they had no good reason to do it
It's why the Germans invading Poland would be morally wrong even if they had never genocided civilians
>>
>>2938394
Do you know a literal single thing about the Troubles?
The IRA didn't just pick up guns and start killing people, they didn't even have an armed campaign in Ulster for months after the Loyalists began their aggression.

After several civil rights demonstrations were violently beaten down by both civilians and off duty RUC Police officers, tensions were high and after Ian Paisley and his funclubs stirred the pot harder and some old faggot got beaten to death during a house raid, tensions reached a boiling point and the IRA FINALLY got involved.

British soldiers didn't even come into the equation until they showed up and started acting up; at first they were welcomed by both catholic and protestant civilians as peacekeepers, except they immediately sided with the RUC and UVF and amplified the shitty treatment of the fenian shitters.

THEN the IRA extended their campaign to the literal enemy soldiers who were occupying the country.

>they had no reason to kill those hostile soldiers

You are the sort of person that plays right into nationalist hands by being this retard and creating the sentiment that drives middle ground people away from pro-unionist views into Sinn Féins grubby hands.
>>
Fact is if Britain had never colonised Ireland there would never have been any IRA. No sympathy for unionist scum.
>>
>>2938412
Pretty sure I know more than you seeing as I've lived here for all my life and aren't a plastic paddy from boston
>>
File: 1494277034047.jpg (4MB, 3064x6096px) Image search: [Google]
1494277034047.jpg
4MB, 3064x6096px
>>2938416
I've lived here all my life too and seeing as a list of every single event relevant in chronological order exists and is accessible through fucking google to anyone who even begins to research what caused the Troubles, I really thought you'd know better.

I am a staunch loyalist and have no qualms about that, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are the OP from pic related based on how fucking retarded you sound right now.

Killing enemy soldiers in a conflict is not a morally questionable issue. It is a fact of armed conflict. A shitty, awful, very saddening fact, but a fact all the same.
>>
>>2938427
>I am a staunch loyalist
But you clearly aren't, so why pretend you are?
Oh, I know, you're using the ''as a black man'' shill tactic
Fenian
>>
>>2938432
You can be a loyalist and condemn the british and UVF actions you blithering shitter.

I would just as quickly tell any retard who said killing the IRA was bad because they were """"""protecting"""""" people.

Once you take up arms in a conflict against another force, if you get your shit pushed in it is not something to get morally outraged by.
There were no "good guys" in the Troubles other than the non-combatants, the main figures of the peace process and I suppose any of the average british soldiers who didn't really partake in the abuse with the RUC and the UVF fellas.

All that being said, it was an armed conflict and people died. There is plenty to be morally outraged about on either side without saying "THE WORST BIT IS THEY KILLED EACH OTHER" you absolute mong.
Thank you for being one of the retards who makes unionism look like a stubborn uninformed joke and pushing retards to nationalist arms.
>>
File: 1481813314969.gif (91KB, 770x753px) Image search: [Google]
1481813314969.gif
91KB, 770x753px
>>2938373
>killing british soldiers
>ever a bad thing
>>
>>2938365
>The IRA splintered more than a door in a fucking wood chipper lad

hearty chuckle
>>
>>2938435
You aren't a loyalist if you praise the IRA while criticising unionists you absolute bell piece
You can stop pretending not to be a fenian now, Seamus
Go and Bobby Sands yourself
>>
>>2938444
I haven't praised the IRA at any point, I've said they were scumbags actually. My point is that what makes them scumbags isn't that they killed british soldiers.

I'd say it was more that they damaged the communities they said they wanted to protect, they changed their goals and "motives" 5 times a day, they dissolved their "campaign" into """"attacks on infrastructure"""" to cover up what was just a series of petty revenge attacks against loyalist forces before getting infiltrated up the ass by the British and turning to peace.

They were faggots, and they were scum. But the loyalist paramilitaries were no better and the idea of us taking the moral highground when there's documented evidence of Paisley and his chums being the main instigators of the violent outbreaks in the first place is retarded.

Being educated on the conflict that cucked our country up the ass and accepting that nobody came away clean handed is the only way to not just look like an angloboo orange hall dwelling gremlin, faggot.
>>
File: 1493548889315.png (83KB, 198x178px) Image search: [Google]
1493548889315.png
83KB, 198x178px
>>2938373
>Include combatant deathcount as a basis for who the good guys were
>"If you kill your enemies, they win"
>>
>>2934608
I love Paisley pepes
>>
File: 1466548357477.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1466548357477.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>2938457
>>2938444
>>2938435
>>2938432
>>2938427
>>2938416
>>2938412
>>2938394

>Unionist in fighting once more

Votáil Sinn Féin!
>>
>>2938388
It wasn't a proper war though. It was a home. A country of people trying to live their lives, and some of those people worked as policemen.
Being a uniformed soldier on the front lines shooting another uniformed soldier who is trying to kill you is a lot different from sneaking down to PC Plum's house in the middle of the night and rigging his car to explode when he gets into it the next morning.
PC Plum wasn't an enemy combatant. He wasn't trying to actively kill you (unless you were running around in a balaclava with explosives and guns trying to kill him, which is then a different thing entirely.)
The whole of the troubles was a clusterfuck of bad decisions, petty grievances and stubborn leaders repeatedly making the worst decisions for everyone involved. There were very few good guys, and very few justified deaths, and it all could have been avoided if the main aggressors got around the table like bloody adults and talked over their differences from the start instead of everyone falling out like 5 year olds.
It was a ruddy shambles, and I hope it never returns.
>>
>>2934127
Unionist militias explicitly targeted civilians whereas the IRA did not.
>>
>>2938468
>unionist arguing with crypto catholic is infighting
>>2938457
you quite clearly have though, paisley did nothing wrong
no surrender
>>
>>2938472
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsmill_massacre
>>
>>2938472
Yes, they did.
>>2938473
>everyone who disagrees with me is a fenian

Okay pal.
>>
>>2938472

>setting off a bomb in the middle of a town isnt targeting civilians
>>
Neither side were the /goodguys/ but the IRA were slightly less evil. Mainly because Catholics were discriminated against in the north. Like when the RA started up again it was mainly to protect themselves, not for a reunited Ireland as the South wasn't all that great around that time.
I not really well versed on this as some people here, my understanding is mostly from junior and leaving cert history and its too complex of an issue to just say one side is right and the other is wrong
Basically
>>2934556 is pretty much the best that can be said

Just an aside I remember hearing something about this back in JC but I cant remember all that much about the details so maybe some one here knows more. Basically it was due to some housing or rent crisis and both sides began to come together to protest to the government. Well they didnt like both sides working together so to cause tensions to rise again they only fixed the problem for the Protestants.
Idk if that made sense but maybe someone knows more about it
>>
>>2938554
I am the poster you quoted, and be careful with "IRA were less evil."

It is very easy to fall into the trap of "the guys who were statistically the least evil cunts were actually good" when really the IRA did some abhorrent things and were by no means a protective force.

What began as a rising turned into a campaign for Ulster, and with mass-splinters and infighting they just became a gang.
The Troubles is a jumped up term given to a period of intense revenge-bombings and assassinations, as opposed to an all out war.

The point of that graph is less to make the IRA look "good" but more to remind Unionists that they can't claim a moral high ground over republicans based on what happened in the troubles.
>>
>>2938554
I would echo the point on being very careful with the phrasing of the IRA being "less evil"
They did many evil things, and so did all the other paramilitaries, and even the security forces.
It may be better to say that the IRA were initially slightly justified in forming, as there were some genuine cases of discrimination against them by the unionist majority, but as soon as they began subverting the legal process and killing in the name of politics came onto the table every faction sank straight to the bottom of an evil abyss, and make no mistake, the IRA committed some exceptionally evil acts, and stood by them.
>>
>>2934127
Republicans because they're literal traitors and that's all that matters>>2934556
Love how you still post this despite being debunked multiple times
Republicans are dogs
>>
>>2938645
>debunked

What? By whom? When?
>>
File: 1484441651668.jpg (50KB, 425x363px) Image search: [Google]
1484441651668.jpg
50KB, 425x363px
>>2938645
>>2938645
>more buttblasted loyalist

How's that GFA working out for you? Sinn Féin are getting pretty popular considering that there are many people alive directly affected by the terrorism of their past. I wonder what'll happen when the hardliners start dying off!

Shoo shoo, Tommy.
>>
>>2938659
In the threads when this has been posted before?
>>2938671
Actually British (English) who wants the republic to rejoin Great Britain but Great Britain to turn catholic again with the monarchy and the lords at late Victorian power levels, leave the eu then strengthen trade with the commonwealth ad partition Germany to get the throne back
Also hilarious how just like you were let off for all your murders this coalition is going on ahead
>>
>>2938680
And what was it debunked with? Are there alternate statistics? Sources?
Or just someone saying
>posting the graph

Because I see that graph in almost every thread about the Troubles but have never seen any other data to actually contradict it, just people saying "lol that graph isn't accurate dummy"
>>
>>2938680
>coalition
>a good thing for unionism

The only thing keeping the DUP going is that they had NI as a containment unit; they don't even align with Tory policy that well and now they have the entire spotlight of liberal media on them.

If you think a DUP-Tory coalition is good for Unionism then you're deluded, my guy. Retards voting for SF come from them being finally pushed over the edgy by retarded DUP policy isolating them, and now that SDLP are cucked it's not looking so hot.
>>
>>2938688
I think they went into the sources and proved it was biased
>>2938695
Do you think I care about unionism, Protestant Irish had to migrate to Ulster and we already had the Pakistan India divide so it's not like they can't have an ethnostate themsevles
>>
>>2934127
protracted
>>
>>2934127
Those who want a free and independent state which preserves their nation are the ones who are right.
>>
>>2938789

And they got it. But then kept killing for another 70 years.
>>
File: IMG_1485.jpg (101KB, 736x643px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1485.jpg
101KB, 736x643px
>>2938789
>>2938823
>when you want your own ethnostate you go to war with your brothers during a world war but then 50 years later are one of the most progressive nations where somalian is more common than Irish, whilst English and polish are the other major languages
>>
>>2938846
Labour, the party of the working class man
https://youtu.be/shjpU-9zMd0
>>
>>2934556
>Loyalists kill themselves
wew
>>
>>2938074
>The majority of the country considers themselves to be Ulstermen
This is just delusional

>or british
According to the 2011 census fewer than half do
Don't just spout lies on /his/
>>
>>2934127
Simplified history
>Protestant Scots and English transplanted to pacify rebellious area. Catholic Irish kicked off their land. Natural tensions ensue.
>Fast forward to the 60's. Northern Irish state was created because of unionist fears of retribution and "popery" in 6 counties in Ulster. Big Irish minorities due to unfair boarder commission.
>A Protestant state, Catholics discriminated against in jobs, housing and basically all areas of life, elections gerrymandered so Catholics get no proper representation. Police force notorious for its anti-catholic nature. Civil rights movement ensues, Protestant establishment fears social progress and cracks down brutally on protesters.
>At this point UK proper had largely moved past old grievances, northern Ireland largely an embarrassment they would rather be without. Send in Army to peace-keep, welcomed by both sides, proceed to continue to oppress Catholics. PIRA proceed to wage a guerrila war with atrocities carried out by all parties involved, British government basically ignores all abuses carried out on its behalf.
>Sunningdale agreement, basically the good Friday agreement but 20 years earlier collapsed by mainly unionist opposition but also opposed by the Republican factions.
>Atrocities continue for 20 years until GFA finally signed.
Overall its pretty obvious that the Unionist side was the worse, but thats not to say that the republicans were saints or anything. Should have really ended 20 years prior, the famous quote being the GFA was "Sunningdale for slow learners. That's the basics that I have found anyway
>>
>>2938922
>starts talking
>it's a man
wew
>>
>>2941203
>Big Irish minorities due to unfair boarder commission.
This makes it sound like the commission was simply ignorant. Majority Protestant counties were included, as were the majority Catholic counties of Tyrone and Derry/Londonderry also. This was done to make the state large enough to be viable

>Sunningdale agreement, basically the good Friday agreement but 20 years earlier collapsed by mainly unionist opposition
This was largely due to the quite impressive Ulster Worker's Council strike. This was a near total shutdown of every industry in the country for two weeks. It had support from many, but its success lay in its enforcement by Loyalist paramilitaries, who set up numerous road blocks to stop commuters. This was possible due to the sheer numbers of members. The UDA, which was legal due to its slow development from community activist groups and neighbourhood watches, as well as conducting its terrorist acts under pseudonym, could claim 40,000 members at the time
>>
>>2941100
It's not a lie though, it's true. Unless of course, there's another reason why over 60% of the country wants to remain in the UK, then I'd be pleased to hear it.
Go on then
>>
>>2938427
>respect are culture
>>
>>2942425
It is a lie, its simply false. The census data states that most people do not claim to be British, and I've never heard anyone claim to be an "Ulsterman" without doing a Paisleyesque "Never, never never!" immediately afterwards

I'm not denying that 40% of people in Northern Ireland consider themselves to be British, and I believe the other pro-union people wish to stay because they don't believe the Irish government could support the Northern Irish state
>>
>>2942464
Again, you're lying or incompetent.
Which is it?
>>
>>2942468
What would you like explained?
>>
Are Irish anglos?
>>
>>2942470
Well nothing from you as you clearly have an agenda to push and ignore inconvenient facts
Even pretending that today the majority are not unionists (which they are), in the 70s unionists made up an even larger proportion of the country
>>
>>2942473
>Even pretending that today the majority are not unionists
I'm not claiming that. Most people in Northern Ireland wish to stay in the union
What are these facts and what is my agenda?
>>
>>2942472
Genetically? No, and neither are English
>>
Neither...
>>
>>2938457
you seriously need to stop replying to bait
you're just as stupid as he is if you honestly think you're going to get anywhere wasting your time on an irish potato famine board
>>
>>2942472
We got cucked out of our language but we are not Anglo-Saxon by blood. We are primarily Celtic/Gaelic with a little Viking and a fair amount of Anglo-Norman.
>>
So why did the troubles start?
Wikipedia seems to suggest that a group was set up to fight discrimination in Northern Ireland and then suddenly the IRA started bombing shit and the north formed reactionary groups
>>
>>2934355
The British state has always been an English entity for Englishmen and nobody else
>>
>>2944377
>Implying anyone gets shafted any worse then the South West
>>
>>2944372
See earlier reply here >>2941203
British discrimination and disenfranchisement of Irish minority.
"If you make peaceful change impossible, you make violent change inevitable"
>>
Someone needs to make a game centering around the Troubles. Would play the shit out of that.
>>
>>2944372
>a group was set up to fight discrimination in Northern Ireland
The missing middle step was that there were serious riots, people from both sides (but mostly Catholics) were forced out of their neighbourhoods in Belfast. They were essentially pogroms
>and then suddenly the IRA started bombing shit and the north formed reactionary groups

This is an interesting article on the escalation of the conflict
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_St_Matthew%27s
>>
>>2944372
Imagine if the KKK had kept on lynching people into the 60s, with the open support of both state and federal governments, and the black panthers took over the civil rights movement from MLK.
>>
>>2934127
The BBC.
>>
>>2941308
>This was done to make the state large enough to be viable
Oh, so a purely protestant state is non-viable. Good to know.
>>
>>2944564
What would the mechanics or missions be? Kidnap a mans family to force him to drive a lorry full of explosives into a British checkpoint?
>>
File: IRA.png (285KB, 484x366px) Image search: [Google]
IRA.png
285KB, 484x366px
This is the REAL story, the one THEY don't want you to see.
>>
>>2945834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfQo1UAhb4
>>
>>2938475
>what is retaliation for catholic massacres

You limeys really are scum, commit atrocities and then use retaltion to justify massacres
>>
>>2934127
All that matters today, is ireland is now a fag country. So the North Irish were correct.
>>
>>2945929
>Gay Marriage
>Gay Leader
>Gay Byrne
When will this end?
>>
>>2945946
Mandatory sodomy.

Its been the catholic church's long game the entire time.
>>
>>2934805
not as much as you're gonna love mohammedan cock down your throat, Charles.
>>
you know it's time to drop the atomic bomb on that godforsaken province when you have "Irish nationalists" called Scapaticci versus "British loyalists" called Shoukri.
>>
>>2945946
>Gay Byrne
Fucking kek
>>
>>2945976
yeah, because northern ireland is absolutely PACKED with muslims. Totally not like Dublin, which definitely isn't full of Somalis and Nigerians
Of course, as a plastic paddy you probably have never even been to Ireland
>>
>>2945809
>>2944564
It'd be a fucking boring game

>Play as PaáíiidrógiíhighO' C'Hígioion
>Wake up
>Give your mammy a kiss before leaving the house
>Meat up with Seamus
>Drive to a street corner
>Sit there for six hours
>Shoot some faggot in the chest as he walks out of work and then drive off
>Get clapped round the head by mammy for being late for supper

>Play as Tommy Smith
>Wake up
>Go walk around a park for a while with the lads
>On your way home, drag some fenian shitter into an alley
>Bust his kneecaps
>Go home sleep soundly knowing that by kneecapping that 15 year old you have once again thwarted the IRA menace and saved countless innocent lives

An OTT Hotline Miami DLC has potential fun but it could never be released.
>>
>>2946908
and the logical model for this state of affairs is?

Protip: it's London. look at your Empire now, bud.
>>
>>2946908
>>2946975

Northern Ireland is muslim free but some of the people there are even less tolerable tbqh
>>
File: 1497105954967.jpg (68KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
1497105954967.jpg
68KB, 800x526px
>>2946975
look at your ireland now bud
more people speak polish than irish
>>
File: WmJoyce2.jpg (26KB, 160x250px) Image search: [Google]
WmJoyce2.jpg
26KB, 160x250px
>>2946980
the h/c form of the desert religion espoused by approx 50% of its inhabitants makes this statement somewhat meaningless: all semitic garbage.

how is it that no serious nationalist - in the true sense of the word - has emerged from the North on either side?

between the retarded cucktianity of the ones and the others, and the shitty leftist veneer of SF, there has been absolutely nothing that could have brought the people of the North - who share a common ancestry - together.

Gentlemen, let me introduce you to Willie.
>>
File: queen_of_sheba.jpg (27KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
queen_of_sheba.jpg
27KB, 620x350px
>>2946994
you prefer your colonial pets to other Whites since muh Empire, right?

who's the cuck?
>>
>>2946998
Because (((De Valera)))

Had Collins survived and been at the helm with his closest advisors, particularly Sean Lémass, Ireland would likely be a very different place.

Instead we got a diluted version of his policies, filtered through the shittery that was De Valera's rule.

>Joyce
>Not a drooling retards

Naziboos/hard righters in general in Ireland were never that competent, even O'Duffy's lads that went to fight in spain generally made a fuckery of the whole thing and humiliated O'Duffy.

I'm not trying to make it out that I'm a Collinsboo, but more that he was front and centre of what was required to make a free Ireland worth the trouble.
Only a few of his men carried on anything close to his plans.
>>
>>2947006
i agree tbqhwy.

as for Joyce, you may want to read what he actually wrote - the man had a sharp mind - rather than rely on meme-tier sources.

His books and essays are available online, never mind the recordings.
>>
>>2947008
Oh he was definitely an educated and articulate man, but he was a sheer bumbling retard in terms of what he decided to do with his prowess.
>>
>>2947013
true, yet his writings are worth examining (not on the Irish question as such though).

Joyce's essential problem is that he was always an empire too late.

incidentally, Oswald Mosley was much more well-disposed to Ireland than is generally made out.
>>
>>2941203
>both sides were happy with the military
Neither were, loyalists thought Catholics were being protected, traitors thought they were being persecuted despite army being deployed to STOP violence between the two
>>
>>2944377
Which is why we call ourselves English not British right, Welsh and Scottish not British right
>>
>>2945976
Remind me who has the Indian leader and which one still has creationism accepted in the current year
>>
>>2947000
>projecting whiteness beyond the germanics for you warped world view
First off are you a burger, second off why did Saladin destroy the crusader states
>>
>>2947038
thank you for proving my point:
>retard versus retard.

what can one do with such a wretched place?

>>2947040
>implying I am a burger
>implying the crusades were some kind of meme-tier history

The Crusades were a disaster on the racial, political, social, economic and financial planes for Europeans. That is the only criterion by which I measure these matters.
>>
>>2947046
>reared vs retard
My point was you are still allowed such views without being persecuted
>crusades fail in every way
My point was more so why do you value a drunk whiteman over an intelligent and loyal colonist
>>
>>2947058
have fun with your smart and loyal pets, Abdul.
>>
File: bahumbug.jpg (640KB, 3072x3072px) Image search: [Google]
bahumbug.jpg
640KB, 3072x3072px
>>
IRA were bombing civilian targets like pubs and shopping centers well into the 90s. Fuck the IRA.
>>
>>2949317
he bought that shirt on Amazon
>>
basically the entirety of the north was a horrible tumor in dire need of being excised from a somewhat decent island
>>
>>2949342
no I didn't
>>
>>2938416
I've lived here all my life and he's correct you faggot
>>
>>2934127
The loyalists without a doubt. Someone already mentioned it but their paramilitaries tactics mostly included arbitrarily murdering and attacking catholic civilians, while the IRA had military and government targets and most of their civilian victims were indirect casualties of their campaign to destroy infrastructure.

The Shankill Butchers were without a doubt the evilest group throughout the troubles, notorious for how they would torture their victims with a machete before slicing their throats with a butchers knife. They're also Britain's most prolific serial killer group.

http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Shankill_Butchers
>>
Plato says that change is the most dangerous thing. IRA were hell bent on change and it led to terrible results. "Loyalist" is a positive word so obviously the men of Ulster were in the right.

Game, set, match. Crown wins.
>>
File: Norn Iron.jpg (32KB, 720x356px) Image search: [Google]
Norn Iron.jpg
32KB, 720x356px
>>2950061
/thread
>>
>>2934556
Also most non-combatants of the IRA were accidents, caused by the British botching evacuations after the Provos phoned in their bombs.

The largest bomb detonated in England since WWII was by the PIRA, and had 0 casualties because the Brits actually responded on time for once after the Provos phoned it in an hour prior.
>>
>>2938645
>Republicans
>Traitors
Um
>Be Loyalist
>Fight for independence from tyrannical oppressors who had been genociding and enslaving you for 800 years
>After a bit of fighting said tyrants offer a treaty that will still make you their cuck bitch but not in NAME
>Quickly and stupidly agree, suck glorious Anglo cock for the rest of your days, kill your fellow Irishmen for maintaining their true values
>>
>>2938680
>Wants the Republic to rejoin Great Britain
Over my corpse you beady eyed subhuman.
>>
>>2950203

Too bloody right; how can anyone fault Ulster at this point in time? Loyal to the Crown, desperately British, and willing to do anything for their people.

To deride Loyalists today is practically an act of sedition and national suicide.
>>
File: 1496506685370.jpg (134KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
1496506685370.jpg
134KB, 500x426px
>>2950237
> Loyal to the Crown, desperately British,
A blight upon humanity, then? Fuck them.
And fuck the Queen and your Union Jack, fuck your culture and rainy little Island, you subhuman filth.
>>
File: 1480982948660.gif (912KB, 437x295px) Image search: [Google]
1480982948660.gif
912KB, 437x295px
>>2950237
I'm American though.

Shoot British, obtain freedom.
>>
>>2950249
Aaaaaand the truth comes out.

As I said, faulting Loyalists in today's day and age is akin to sedition and advocating national suicide. Nobody who has the UK's interests at heart would do it!
>>
File: feelsdragon.png (310KB, 700x447px) Image search: [Google]
feelsdragon.png
310KB, 700x447px
>>2950249
y-you mad haha
>>
>>2950266
The only peoples with the interest of the UK at heart are vile villains.

Reminder that American politicians support Israel as well as England, both equally vile in their love of genocide and deceit.

England only voted Brexit to stop the hard working, White Polish from making their country less shit, and to bring in more Pakis akin to them in culture and morals by the boat load.
The only difference between a Paki and an Anglo is the color of his skin. Both are subhuman villains to the Earth itself.
>>
>>2950280
>The IRA has also received weapons and logistical support from Irish Americans in the United States. Apart from the Libyan aid, this has been the main source of overseas IRA support.

>In the United States in November 1982, five men were acquitted of smuggling arms to the IRA after they claimed the Central Intelligence Agency had approved the shipment, although the CIA denied this.[201]

The US knows what's good.
>>
>>2950301
Definitely, I was just saying US *POLITICIANS* supporting Britain does not change my statement about only villains supporting them.

US citizens are heroes.
>>
>>2950318
Seems like the politicians were playing both sides

>oh shit, the English are in a war with the Irish
>the Irish are right about the war
>the English are our allies against the Russians
>NATO is more important than Ulster, but we don't want to back an apartheid state
>fuck it, let the micks ship over guns, but remain official allies

and the best part

>Britain knew this was happening, but couldn't do anything because they were essentially a US vassal state
>>
>>2950301

The detritus of Britain's political history ever washed upon our shores. All sorts of "Banned in Britain" organizations found their way here, from the Irish, to the Protestant. We even have remnants of the Covenanters still tooling around (albeit softened and wholly American), why just last year I attended a Jacobite concert at a countryside church.
>>
>>2934556
Just like cowardly, perfidious Ultonians to take out their agression on the free and innocent people of Eire
>>
>>2950301
>Apart from the Libyan aid
Need to point out to Amerricans reading; This was good Libya, under Gaddafi
>>
File: 1491530862852.jpg (86KB, 595x599px) Image search: [Google]
1491530862852.jpg
86KB, 595x599px
>>2950418
>screw with Britain
>nothing happens
>screw with Americans
>die with a bowie knife up your ass
>>
>>2950418

I still remember his raving addresses he delivered to the UN when ever he was given a time to speak

tinpot dictators in sandlands were nothing if not entertaining to the outward observer
>>
>>2934127
Which side committed worse war crimes during The Cold war?

same question
>>
>>2950522
The communists.

Source: Great Leap Forward
>>
>>2934127
The papists
>>
>>2950522
Cold "War"?

check out some of the revisionist works on the subject, starting with Levinson's Vodka-Cola.

war is for plebs, pseudo-patricians are making money.
>>
>>2950522
Its called the COLD war because no one actually fought ipso facto there were no war crimes

Retard
>>
>>2950536
also Jüri Lina, Under the Sign of the Scorpion: The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Empire,
>>
>>2950538

There were a fuckton of crimes in proxy wars and in dictatorships (both pro-Soviet and pro-Western).
>>
>>2950555
Name one(1)

I'm waiting
>>
>>2950555
there was a fuckton of collusion and business going on, and a fuckton of ca$h being made. don't fall for the war meme. check it out.
>>
>>2950587

I didn't say that wasn't the case. Countries can trade with each other while simultaneously backing different sides in proxy wars.

>>2950565

The Vietnam War you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>2950605

the vietnam war is not a crime
>>
>>2950605
yes of course. but methinks you don't fully realise the extent of the collusion. sordid shit, anon, makes war look like the healthy option.
>>
>>2950625

Not in and of itself but both sides murdered unarmed civilians.
>>
>>2950636
This seems like wishful thinking on your part that you have uncovered some dark underworld that you weren't supposed to be privy to

Any quick examples?
>>
>>2950659
American & Russian economic cooperation exceeding the bounds of decency in "wartime", that kind of thing.

i've named Levinson's book above. that's for starters. there was some Canadian author - an academic - who also wrote a seriously-documented work on the subject - that the Cold War didn't happen as we know it - but I'll have to track it down.

also, Juri Lina's book has some useful info.
>>
>>2950686
A quick story to whet my whistle?

How interesting this is 100% affects my decision to read these books
>>
>>2950716
>"soviet" tanks designed and built by the US even during the height of the cold war?
>all other tech and industrial products pretty much designed, produced or imported from western companies?
>80% of US (and by proxy, "Western") imports bought "on credit, leaving soviet citizens to wonder why the US simply just didn't let communism collapse of itself?
>secret instructions by the KGB to stifle innovation to keep the country dependent on these imports?
>the US funding and training soviet scientists and engineers AFTER the official condemnation of the invasion of Afghanistan, and even though the USSR was funding Nicaragua and African and Afghani communist regimes to the tune of millions (i.e. funnelling the money)?
>the list goes on.

see Lina's book, or Anthony Sutton, Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution: The Remarkable True Story of the American Capitalists Who Financed the Russian Communists
>>
>>2950716
also, some things never change: https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/oct/17/russia.business
>>
>>2950766
>>2950761
Thanks. I'll see if I can download Vodka-Cola for free somewhere
>>
>>2950761
>The US was building and designing soviet tanks
Surely you can provide a reliable source for this
>>
>>2934556
>That loyalist ratio
Holy shit. Orange Order really is the Protestant KKK, yeah?
>>
>>2934596
>>2934608
Who is this wrinkly old man
>>
>>2950861
Ian Paisley, radical anti Catholic Irish loyalist who wanted to kill people for praying to Jesus slightly differently
>>
>>2950856
No, the KKK is the American Orange Order.

It was founded by Ulster Scots.
>>
>>2950891
Well huh
>>
File: Lord Bannside.jpg (39KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Bannside.jpg
39KB, 624x351px
>>2950876
FENIAN LIES!

REVEREND PAISLEY FOUGHT TO PUT AN END TO PAPISTS USING OUR BOYS AS ALTAR DECORATIONS.
>>
>>2950280
T. Frog
Commonwealth immigration and European immigration will both fall
>>
>>2950221
>true values
Which were ...
>>2950228
I also want the re-emergence of Austria and the partition of Germany so they're not exactly realistic
>>
>>2950810

>Soviet T-54 tank = Christie knock-off.

Not even reverse-engineered, mind - the Wheel Track Layer Corporation produced the Soviet models.
>>
Both committed atrocities but at least the IRA had good motivation behind their fight. And in a war, there's bound to be atrocities committed by both sides.
>>
>>2952764
T. Brian O'Connacht
>>
>>2938472
tell that to the residents of Lord Mountbatten's fishing boat.
>>
>>2950213
>setting off bombs everywhere
>resultant deaths are because people didn't flee fast enough.
The IRA were the biggest hypocritical liars imaginable. Claim to be fighting a just war but they set off bombs in pubs and supermarkets rather than standing like men and fighting the enemy soldiers in a fair fight away from civilians.
>>
>>2952858

at this point in their history what even was the point

ireland had its own state since the 20s

nothing further was to be gained by attacking the UK
>>
>>2952871
exactly.
if things were so bad in NI for Irish people they could have simply migrated a few miles and killed nobody.
"It is better to suffer an injustice than commit one"
>>
>>2952880

by all accounts there were very legitimate gripes with the way things were in NI

those paranoid people in control did their level best to not include the Catholics in society
>>
>>2950213

Apart from all the times the phone call was so vague it drove people closer to the bomb, claimed that the bomb was in a different town, or where no warning was given at all?
>>
>>2952960

okay, there was that ONE time it happened that crowds of people wandered closer to the bomb, ONE time, come on guys
>>
>>2952880

>people with no money, education or prospects should just move to another country if they feel they're being oppressed
>>
>>2952969

>one time
>caused the highest death toll of any bombing

Well it was only the once so that's OK then.
>>
>>2952983

I think it was this instance that really gave them perspective of what they were doing, didn't they stop after this?
>>
>>2952979
that is in fact what countless groups have done throughout history. and it has in many ways a better record than the rather nasty of waging "war".
That having been said, you greatly exaggerate what was going on there. Discrimination against the Catholics in NI was significantly less severe than say, what blacks in the United States suffered Jim Crox, which they defeated through peaceful political activism.
>>2952969
The British army only fired on unarmed protesters in NI one time.
>>
>>2952989
Because ethnic gerrymandering of districts in the Stormont Parliament is an evil grave enough to justify killing large numbers of innocent civilians in the IRA's view.
Same thing happens in the US too, maybe somebody should start setting off bombs in the name of stopping it.
>>
>>2953256
>oppress and murder people for 50 years
>be surprised when they eventually start shooting at you

even the French weren't quite this arrogant
>>
>>2953260
Please give evidence of the British government engaging in systematic mass killings of law abiding civilians in Northern Ireland during the 1921-1971 period.
>pro-tip: one example is literally not systematic
>>
>>2953256

bitch (and I here emphasize that moniker) please

NI is not in the slightest comparable to representative redistricting in the united states
>>
>>2953273
because?
>>
>>2953308

you're comparing apples and pumpkins
>>
>>2953315
because? you just keep rephrasing your position with different cliches. i'm genuinely curious as to why you apparently think gerrymandering to empower certain favoured groups is NBD in one case and a BFD in another.
>>
>>2953329

that simply isn't what transpires

it's insulting to me to even be compared to some shithole like NI
>>
>>2953329
Not that guy, but the US had an equivalent movement to NICRA during the 60s.

In the United States, the federal government sided with the civil rights movement, which is why there wasn't an insurgency.

The British government was pants-on-head retarded in its handling of the situation, and it's a shame that random bystanders paid for it instead of MPs and ministers.
>>
>>2953343

he isn't talking about that though, he's saying the contemporary there exists conditions comparable to NI in the US that warrants americans blowing up bombs and the like

I hate foreigners
>>
>>2953338
that's literally what happens
>>
>>2953350

I glass you you cunt
>>
>>2934556
>Loyalists killed more Loyalists than the Republicans did
What?
>>
>>2953343
>the federal government sided with the civil rights movement
this statement makes perfect sense if you think American history began in 1965 and ignore the 94 years worth of feet-dragging and appeasement by the feds of the objectively far more brutal Jim Crox system that preceded it.
In both cases the central government in question eventually stamped out most of the discriminatory practices after long years of missteps and atrocious conduct. My general rule of thumb is, if you're going to take up arms against the government that rules you, you'd better be damn sure the situation you end up creating isn't worse than the one that preceded it.
The IRA clearly failed miserably by that standard.
>>
>>2953348
Is 40% of the US population forbidden from participating in the government?

Did the US government invite foreign troops into the country to intern their political opponents?
>>
>>2953374
The Feds never stepped in to side with the Klan.

The British Army stepped in to side with the UVF.

This is what caused the Troubles. This was a pants-on-head decision.

At least when Americans fuck up that badly, they generally admit it. Ask an American about Iraq or Vietnam and you won't get these bullshit apologetics.
>>
>>2953388
>The British Army stepped in to side with the UVF.
This statement is a little tendentious. Reminds me of the old joke that the French fought bravely in the second world war on both sides.
Also I'm not British.
>>
>>2953383

of course not, but that's the implication of that idiot's comparison
>>
>>2953383
Catholics could vote but there was widespread gerrymandering to dampen their political influence.
>>
>>2953405
When the British Army entered Ireland to "keep the peace" they interned 342 suspected IRA men and not a single loyalist, despite the fact that loyalist paramilitaries had started their campaign before the IRA.

That's a well documented fact, and it's the reason why the Catholics abandoned the political process and started the war.
>>
>>2953405
They unequivocally did. Do some research. The British should have just invited UN peacekeepers and it would have prevented an escalation of violence, but British pride and its superiority complex fucked everyone as usual.
>>
>>2953428
I do not deny the often reprehensible conduct of the British state in NI.
I do deny that the IRA's campaign of terror ever had any hope of making it better.
>>2953449
Never denied it. And yes, the UN clearly has a long and illustrious history of resolving long simmering ethnic conflicts.
>>
>>2953465
>And yes, the UN clearly has a long and illustrious history of resolving long simmering ethnic conflicts.
A clearly better one than Britain has, you're right.
>>
>>2953449
To be fair, that would depend entirely on the nation sending the peacekeepers.

>send Swedish peacekeepers
>it's 1969 so Swedes aren't cucks yet
>Viking warriors slay anyone who breaks the peace

>send in Indian peacekeepers
>everyone gets moderately more diseased and vastly more raped
>both the loyalist and republican factions now hate the British government in addition to one another
>>
>>2953427
Catholics had effectively no political representation. It was a protestant gerrymandered state whose purpose was to ensure continuing protestant rule at the expense of the catholic minority.
Take Derry for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbiW0yrnsLY
This is why northern Ireland has and always will be an embarrassment for the UK
>>
>>2953465
Well, the IRA won.

The Good Friday Agreement was a reincarnation of Sunningdale, which was a reiteration of what NICRA wanted in the 60s.

The British lost their apartheid state. The RUC was dissolved, the UVF was forced to demobilize, and the British government gave NI the right to self determination.
>>
>>2953474
can you name a single war the UN has prevented in it's history?
>>
>>2953492
This is impossible by definition. If the UN prevented it, then there was no war.
>>
>>2953492

well, since none of them came about, I don't see how it is that he could name them
>>
>>2953486
The Good Friday agreement was a disaster that empowered the murderous extremists on both sides.
I sincerely hope the Gardia do a better job of policing the Shankhill than the British did in the Bogside if and when that day comes. I'm won't be too optimistic if Gerry is Taioseach though.
>>
>>2953504
>it was a disaster
>war is over

Cry more.
>>
>>2953492
Sierra Leone an Burundi.
The point isn't to prevent a war, its to reduce simmering tensions and de-escalate violence. The war has normally already started by the time the UN get there. And it would be literally impossible for them to be more useless than the British Army, which literally aided the more murderous Unionist paramilitaries, to say nothing for the innocent civilians who were gunned down during bloody Sunday and later by military death squads under Thatcher
>>
>turn a genuine injustice (gerrymandering) into a 40 year conflict over nationalism that didn't have to happen when they could have just moved south
>bomb the UK mainland for no reason other than pure terror to try and force a united ireland (which had been going on since the late 20s, long before the troubles)
>literally invent proxy bombing, causing even the hardline american supporters to abandon them
>use the proxy bombers, people blackmailed into carrying out bomb attacks, to blow up manchester and london
>claim such form of attacks were justified because warnings were given, but made no attempt to make sure the actual blackmailed bombers survived, who only did so in one instance because the bomb failed to detonate
>neither adams of mcguinness ever apologized for the deaths they caused
>unionist groups announced ceasefires and ended their campaigns years before the IRA

There is definitely fault on both sides, but the fact is that the conflict escalated and continued for so long because of the IRA's almost comically unethical actions. They lead a terror campaign going back decades even before the troubles that had in hindsight no hope of success. Even if they achieved a united ireland they'd just reverse the IRA and UDL's roles and the problem never would have been resolved.

They were true pioneers of terrorism and then simply claim their attacks were part of a war instead of a terror campaign to justify their actions. Forcing the UK to deploy troops to protect civilians you are killing and then blowing up those soldiers does not make them combat fatalities, it makes them terrorism victims, regardless of how you want to play with semantics, that's what it is. Unfortunately the issue has been muddied by american plastic paddies with a hateboner towards the english.
>>
>>2953511
the 'war' continues at a lower level of intensity
for now
I've got no dog in this fight and basically agree with the earlier poster that there were no good guys.
>>
>>2953523
>Even if they achieved a united ireland they'd just reverse the IRA and UDL's roles and the problem never would have been resolved.
this is a key point
>>
>>2953524
>the 'war' continues at a lower level of intensity

That is to say "it doesn't matter any more"

The Korean War "continues at a lower level of intensity"
>>
Can we at least agree the nationalist where more aesthetic
>>
>>2953540
In both Korea and Ulster the peace treaty was a capitulation that established an uneasy peace but left the underlying issue unresolved and thus likely to flame up again in brutal fashion.
>>
>>2953559
It's over.

The Troubles were started by gerrymandering, the RUC, and the UVF.

All of those things are gone now.
>>
>>2946966
God damn this made me lol hard

I could see a sitcom set during the troubles depicting PaáíiidrógiíhighO' C'Hígioion's life as an IRA bloke who can blow up a shopping centre without putting down his glass of Guinness, but is still bossed around by his overbearing mother at home. You could call it "Domestic Troubles" or something
>>
>>2953523
Firstly "terrorism" is a useless term. Were the British "terrorists" for shooting unarmed civilians? Its only use is to point at people you don't like and say "look them guys are the baddies".
You are completely ignoring the centuries of injustices that had preceded the troubles and the ridiculous lengths the British government has gone through throughout history to aid the protestant minority in Ireland. Look up the Curragh incident.
There was a war going on, it was ridiculous for British civilians to be ignoring the killing going on right next door. Bombing on the British mainland is just as justified as bombing in any war. You can't expect to be in a war and not suffer consequences at home.
The British government gave no warnings to the innocent civilians it shot.
The point was the British had no interest in protecting the rights and thinking of the needs of the average nationalist in northern Ireland. They still don't as a matter of fact. The vicious racist, sectarian nature of the unionists in northern Ireland that can be seen in its rule of Northern Ireland and its rhetoric today clearly shows who the "baddies" were.
>>
>>2953559
There was no peace treaty in Korea. The two countries are technically still at war.
>>
>>2953615
Armistice you're right. my mistake.
>>
>>2953537
That isn't even slightly true. There is no way the Unionists will be able to sustain a guerilla campaign after reunification.
Firstly they would have no political or financial support form anyone outside the 6 counties. The IRA had the support of the Soviets, Libya, certain sections in the Republic, and Irish-Americans. Unionists would have no such support.
Secondly, there would be no political will in Britain to have N.I. returned. They are a bunch of religious fanatics who are a drain on public finances and a general embarrassment for the UK.
Thirdly, Ireland is a secular country now and there really isn't any place for the old Catholic vs. Protestant hatred.
Of coarse some dissidents would continue the fight but there would be no widespread insurrection.
>>
File: Gerry-Adams109367791.jpg (716KB, 2048x1355px) Image search: [Google]
Gerry-Adams109367791.jpg
716KB, 2048x1355px
How many bodies does this faggot have buried?
>>
File: m.jpg (13KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
13KB, 229x220px
>>2953680
Be more jealous.
>>
>>2953368
During splintering of paramilitary groups there was often punishment killings, same with the republicans.
>>
>>2953680
>>2953697
>Live in NI, watch catholic irish get oppressed
>Buddy up with some fellas who decide to take the fight to the brits
>Things get out of hand
>Decide to turn to peace
>You and the best of your pals get all political
>Your mate Martin buddies up with big Paisley
>Hammer out a deal that literally protects irish nationalism as part of NI forever
>Get put into a political system which essentially makes sure that fenians will never not be in government
>Put your pal Martin, one of the more notoriously efficient members of the IRA at the head of your party in NI
>He turns out to be one of the better statesmen NI has ever had
>Fast forward a few years
>You hold 7 seats in NI despite not even bothering to go to westminister because fuck the queen
>Call yourself a ballymurphy nigger on twitter
>Shitpost all day and win votes because the DUP are retarded

The IRA didn't lose. Not really.
>>
>>2954348
you skipped the part about blowing up pubs, parades, and old men in fishing boats.
>>
>>2954477
I mean, naturally. But every single belligerent in the Troubles did inexcusable things, but it's such a retarded conflict that pointing and laughing is unironically the best approach.
Especially for loyalists.

>Be part of a temporary memestate set up to appease protestants a literal corner of a county of an island
>Have a line drawn as a border giving you extra territory which doesn't really by your terms belong to you but any less than that would make your county an even bigger meme
>Have total, unrivalled and unchallenged protestant unionist pro-british power in government
>Decide to bully catholics anyway
>They try to protest
>Bully them harder
>They violently protest
>Kill them
>Set off bombs and blame the IRA so you can get your preferred flavour of unionists in power
>Use your entirely biased police force to beat some old faggot to death in a house raid
>IRA start a campaign
>Declare war on them to give you an excuse to go out and kill fenians
>Kill almost exclusively non-combatant irish catholic civilians
>You're technically on the side of the british so it doesn't even matter
>Troubles that you arguably started come to an end
>Eventually get the DUP in government
>Have countless scandals, corruption issues and fuck ups
>Continually abuse your power to veto things that the country vote in majority for
>Bully gay people and fenians openly
>Still get voted into office because people hate Sinn Féin
>End up being the people who win the British GE for the tories and get a fuckload of power in westminister where fuck all people pay you any thoughts 99% of the time

NI is meme incarnate. I will be truly sad to see it go.
>>
>>2953596
>PaáíiidrógiíhighO' C'Hígioion's life
Back to >>>/tg/ with your unrealistic fantasy names.
>>
>>2954334
Loyalist intra violence is high because they largely operate as competing criminal gangs, and their collective iq is really quite low, they'll kill you for saying their car is queer
>>
>>2952979
yeah that's why all the nogs, wogs, j00s and paks are all in GB now.

>inb4 let's not mention the EU/Schengen

great idea chump.
>>
>>2953465
>ethnic conflicts.
false reasoning; the mostly Scottish-descended "immigrants" are of the same stock as the Irish. Scots= Irish in fact, look it up.

The real question is who does it serve to divide this ethnic group?

Protip: the j00-subverted British "Empire"
>>
>>2954348
Gerry is literally a meme unto himself.

he's probably reading this too, the vain fucker.
>>
>>2954477
>Mountbottom?

does he count?

are you defending pedo-cuckss, pedo-cuck?
>>
>>2953428
>remove radical elements
>those that see Catholics as scum will eventually be won over by peaceful protest
>>
>>2953383
>foreign troops
>all the United Kingdom
>>
>>2954348
>martin mcguinness
>one of the more notoriously efficient members of the IRA

Not even close, he barely took any part in operations.
>>
>>2956059
I believe it was more noted toward his skills in organising and influence over the men.

Which I could believe seeing as he made a hell of a good DFM.
>>
File: 7452935761.jpg (479KB, 1301x865px) Image search: [Google]
7452935761.jpg
479KB, 1301x865px
>HM Prison Maze (also known as Long Kesh) was a maximum security prison considered to be one of the most escape-proof prisons in Europe
>One of the most escape-proof prisons in Europe
>Escape Proof
>>
>>2956113
quality, saved for future posting
>>
File: Dindu.jpg (21KB, 313x342px) Image search: [Google]
Dindu.jpg
21KB, 313x342px
Pic related literally did nothing wrong like
>>
>>2956165
>wait for somebody decent to kill the IRA
>murder the mourners and radicalise more nationalists, helping their cause
>try and get into stormont armed to kill Mcguinness and Adams
>be shit
>be a literal retard

He's the embodiment of why loyalism in general is such a laughing stock.
>>
File: Triggered.jpg (49KB, 620x672px) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.jpg
49KB, 620x672px
>>2956169
>Triggered
>>
>>2956174
Not triggered, just think that of all the people you could have chosen you chose arguably the biggest case for why loyalists really made a meme of themselves
>>
File: 1467234453394.gif (40KB, 295x293px) Image search: [Google]
1467234453394.gif
40KB, 295x293px
>>2956113
DELET THIS, PADDY
>>
>>2956177
>complaining about memes on a Mongolian freedom fighting pasteboard
>>
>>2956165
michael stone was a fucking fairy
>>
File: 1474339233134.jpg (8KB, 211x193px) Image search: [Google]
1474339233134.jpg
8KB, 211x193px
>>2956198
I think you mean London-Fairy, mate.
>>
File: great_bunch_of_lads.jpg (108KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
great_bunch_of_lads.jpg
108KB, 500x354px
>pic related litrally done nuthing wrong either
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494593883797.jpg (35KB, 720x564px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494593883797.jpg
35KB, 720x564px
>>2956169
>>2956165
>>
File: No_Great_Loss.jpg (64KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
No_Great_Loss.jpg
64KB, 500x440px
>>2956706
Unironically and Literally a Paedo-Cuck
>>
>>2955433
Its an ethnic religious divide you retarded yank. How are you people just so fucking stupid. There is no "white" race, just because you have no history, heritage or culture doesn't mean the people that do want to get rid of it. Fuck off back to stormfront, you literal retard.
>>
>>2956752
how are the Irish and the Scots different according to any definition of "ethnic", you mong?

the stuff you mention: your dumb bowler hats and sashes and big drums, are cultural trappings, no more, no less.

Blood, on the other hand does not lie.

let's have it then.
>>
>>2956756
>how are the Irish and the Scots different according to any definition of "ethnic", you mong?
Different nationalities m8
>>
File: Muh_Nationality.jpg (27KB, 620x342px) Image search: [Google]
Muh_Nationality.jpg
27KB, 620x342px
>>2956790
no wonder the place is so fucking cucked: passport = something meaningful.

pic related
>>
>>2956756
Ulster-Scots have more Germanic admixture since they originated from Anglo borderlands.
>>
>>2956975
that sounds like unwarranted speculation. DNA sources please.
>>
File: Ian Paisley.jpg (32KB, 620x397px) Image search: [Google]
Ian Paisley.jpg
32KB, 620x397px
>>2956981
You'll have to look that up yourself but I can tell you that Scots is a Germanic language.
>>
File: Theses.jpg (49KB, 940x520px) Image search: [Google]
Theses.jpg
49KB, 940x520px
>>2956981
>>2956988
Protestantism also has Germanic origins.
>>
>>2956988
surely you are fucking joking?
>>2957005
this is definitely b8.

and not even good stuff either. try harder next time bud.
>>
File: 1472431802503.gif (21KB, 860x516px) Image search: [Google]
1472431802503.gif
21KB, 860x516px
>>2957011
>Scots is the Germanic language variety spoken in Lowland Scotland and parts of Ulster (where the local dialect is known as Ulster Scots).[7]
>>
File: Cuckle_Brothers.jpg (33KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
Cuckle_Brothers.jpg
33KB, 620x330px
>>2956988
pic related
>>
>>2957015
shitty middle english dialect. here, try this instead:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Gaelic
>>
File: 1484285239827.gif (74KB, 860x516px) Image search: [Google]
1484285239827.gif
74KB, 860x516px
>>2957022
Neither Lowlanders nor Ulster-Scots speak Scottish Gaelic.
>>
>>2957017
>tfw it was just banter all along
>>
File: 3_imaginary_boys.jpg (162KB, 885x560px) Image search: [Google]
3_imaginary_boys.jpg
162KB, 885x560px
>>2957035
yeah, we're all friends here, right?
>>
File: 1474339220947.png (46KB, 166x198px) Image search: [Google]
1474339220947.png
46KB, 166x198px
>>2957017
>>2957055
Honestly even though I come from a staunchly loyal family, I'm getting to the point where I don't really get triggered by either the DUP or the shinners.

When it all comes down to it, being mates and having a bit of banter is the best hope for our future.

Up the RA. Paddy was a prod.
>>
File: Thumbs up Paisley.jpg (70KB, 484x594px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs up Paisley.jpg
70KB, 484x594px
>>2957055
officially
>>
File: Sweet_Baba_Jay.jpg (57KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet_Baba_Jay.jpg
57KB, 640x360px
>>2957062
>I don't really get triggered by either the DUP or the shinners.
well you're making progress then. next step step is when you begin to realise the absurdity of the above pic. (and the other ones too, wtf not)

>tfw Middle Eastern Demonolatry
>>
File: IP.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IP.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>2957073
*tips*
>>
>>2950213
>Nail bombs kids
>It's not our fault, it's the armies fault!!
>>
>>2950255
Which is why your country aped out at the soldiers protecting them, and then had a civil war where they fought their own people for thinking differently about which rich cunt should rule
Americans are all the niggers they so venomously hate, the Boston massacre is basically BLM being btfo
>>
File: Collusion_is_not_an_illusion.jpg (568KB, 1514x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Collusion_is_not_an_illusion.jpg
568KB, 1514x1163px
The Loyalists had the full support of the British Government, their military and their intelligence services.

The Republicans had the full support of drunken Irish-Americans giving donations to IRA members collecting from their drunk asses at Boston, New York and Chicago pubs.
>>
>>2957160
>>
>>2957160
You forgot the Libyans.
>>
>>2950213
>I'm not responsible for murdering you because you didn't listen carefully enough to my threats
Fuck off seamus.
>>
>>2957633
He stated his point poorly, but there is a semblence of sense to the fact that the bigger or more notorious casulties of the IRA were attacks which the authorities were warned about, these """"attacks on infrastructure."""
Not by any means justifiable and still retarded, but still.

When it came to loyalist groups, they just ran around deliberately killing people whether they were involved in anything or not.
>>
>>2956105
Perhaps, but all the best IRA operatives were killed during the troubles. it is suspected they could of been set up by Sinn Fein because most of them wouldn't accept the peace process.
>>
File: UK-maps.png (39KB, 760x411px) Image search: [Google]
UK-maps.png
39KB, 760x411px
>>2942965
WE
>>
>>2938680
>Actually British (English) who wants the republic to rejoin Great Britain but Great Britain to turn catholic again with the monarchy and the lords at late Victorian power levels, leave the eu then strengthen trade with the commonwealth ad partition Germany to get the throne back
You and I both, brother.
>>
>>2950255
Fuck off.
The UK is our greatest ally.
The mighty Anglo will rule the world.
>>
File: IMG_2473.png (53KB, 1790x1640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2473.png
53KB, 1790x1640px
Nothin makes for a steamier thread than a discussion about my people
>>
File: IMG_2190.png (382KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2190.png
382KB, 600x600px
>be protestant
>your entire people were artificially planted in Ireland by the monarchy to systematically remove the natives
>the people you're oppressing fight a guerilla war for freedom and win
>40 or so years later the people you're also oppressing now demand to stop the oppression
>sperg out and attack them
The reason Orange faggots are incredibly touchy about this subject is because they know their entire existence in ireland is purely artificial, which is why Orange halls and members spew completely made up """"""history""""" to try and justify their cancerous existence in Ulster
It's okay though lads, just put down the brick and the parade drum and have a pint, we'll sort it out
>>
>>2959547
The UK is the worst country on the planet

Except for literally every other country on earth that isn't America.
>>
>>2950625
You must be American.

>Never taught the My Lai massacre by his pathetic propagandist pooplick education
>>
>>2959649
b-but we wuz ulster n shit and we iz long lost jewz of egypt n shit.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.