[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Hebrew the original language?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: biblical_hebrew_modern_hebrew.jpg (168KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
biblical_hebrew_modern_hebrew.jpg
168KB, 800x535px
Is Hebrew the original language?
>>
>>2623739
>>>/b/
>>
>>2623739
yes
>>
I know westerners generally believed Hebrew was the original language before modern linguistics was invented but does it actually say that anywhere in the bible?
>>
>>2623739
Can't be. All of mankind's languages were confused at the Tower of Babel. Hebrew had to start after that.
>>
File: Cuneiform.jpg (3MB, 2504x2759px) Image search: [Google]
Cuneiform.jpg
3MB, 2504x2759px
>>2623739
No.
>>
Hebrew is not the oldest language or even in the top 50.
>>
>>2623739
Hebrew is just a dialect of ______
>>
>>2623879
whoa, that was weird!! why wont it let me type ______
>>
>>2623883
dude, somebody broke 4chan.
>>
File: 543765897076855.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
543765897076855.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>2623798
>>
>>2623798
But God is speaking Hebrew prior to the creation of the world.
>>
Its not even the first written language.
>>
>>2623739
Yes dont let the fedoras of this board lie to you
>>
>>2623879
Gnostic Spook, go home.
>>
>>2624244
If the bible is real, then who was there to record god's words?
Checkmate theocrats
>>
>>2623739
Nah it cums from Afro-Asiatics.
The original is probably
!Kung

https://youtu.be/aXQlem9RIZc
>>
>>2623782
no, this actually comes from the Talmud ironically
>>
>>2623782
Wasn't the first language the one people spoke when they were building the tower of babel?
>>
>>2623879
Canaanite
>>
nimrod created the tower of babel,
for he is he proud and unjust, he wants to reach the heavens so that God can no longer swept them away with flood like what happened to noah,

remember that in this timeline, there is only One language that only exist,

only when God commanded his angels to stop this tower and spread all people from different places and thus continents began, from language into languages formed, as God declared it, He taught them new tounges so that they will never make another tower again

you can only believe this if you are based biblically but if you stand your point historically and scientifically then this is only a fairy tale for you
>>
>>2623864
Even that isn't the original language, its just the first written language.
>>
>>2623739
If by original you mean first, wouldn't it be body motion?
>>
>>2623879

the Western Semitic region, closely related to Arabic (though southern semitic share the three root system), Ugaritic (north western Semitic) and Edomite (southern semitic though likely closer than Arabic, since Judah was near Edom) language and writing. Originally the dialect has had its hypothesis, Dever (I think) considers that Hebrew likely originated in Canaan if deconstructed further enough because of the closeness of Ugaritic and Hebrew, some of the Hebrew psalm are polemic passage which are nearly verbatim taken from Ugaritic texts (such as the Baal Cycle).
>>
The book of Genesis was originally written in Hebrew. God spoke Hebrew to Adam. Therefore Hebrew is the first language.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.