[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone with Czech ancestors? Post photos if you got em

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: fa690c81a9fbae0b8ade86099752f3c6.png (45KB, 2048x1180px) Image search: [Google]
fa690c81a9fbae0b8ade86099752f3c6.png
45KB, 2048x1180px
Anyone with Czech ancestors? Post photos if you got em
>>
>>2577682
why?
>>
>>2577696
Because the internet is a fun place and we should all just have a good time
>>
>>2577682
100% Czech here, but too tired to prostitute my ancestors on interwebs

ama
>>
>>2577801
how do you guys remember the H.R.E?
>>
>>2577822
I doubt there is anyone alive to remember the HRE
>>
>>2577682
Me
>>
>>2577801
How different is the eastern side of the Czech Republic to the west? My uncle finally saved up enough money to make the trip there a few years ago before his health declined too much, and stayed with a lot of friends and family in the eastern half, is most the place very rural like the photos he brought back, or is the west more industrialized and modern?

I know Praha is very fancy, but beyond that, I don't know much.
>>
>>2577822
Nationalistic historiography puts it generally as our golden age, with peak under Karel IV.
>>
>>2577840
There isn't much difference between eastern and western part
>>2577840
>I know Praha is very fancy, but beyond that, I don't know much.
Not really, it's full of commieblocks outside of the center and in the center half of the buildings is in horrible shape
>>
>>2577849
That's a shame. I always wanted to visit the country, but now that my uncle can no longer go, I have no one who can speak the local language, and I don't want to be a burden to the locals. At least when I visited Spain, I could read and write Spanish fluently, although I couldn't vocalize it.
>>
>>2577840
>How different is the eastern side of the Czech Republic to the west?
Moravia? You won't notice a difference.

>or is the west more industrialized and modern?
Industrialized/rural places are placed depending on resources and urban centers, not some east/west divide.

>I know Praha is very fancy, but beyond that, I don't know much.
Praha is our designated tourist cash extraction facility, but if you are going after something else than architecture, there is plenty to do even outside the capital. Depends what you like.
>>
>>>/int/
>>
>>2577878
First of all, stop being heritagefag, you people are most annoying kind of Americans and Americans are annoying as it is

Second of all, people generally love Americans since you are "exotic" tourists for us, plus the tourists industry is pretty advanced here if you won't really go to some bumfucked village in middle of nowhere, and everybody under 50yo can speak English so if you want to make a trip just do it.
>>
>>2577844
what about Hasburg rule?
>>
>>2577946
Generally regarded as dark age.
>>
>>2577916
I don't particularly care about Czech heritage all that much, as far as I'm concerned, the last one who had a claim to it was the guy in my family who actually lived over there for a chunk of his life. Once you hit overseas, you become a distinct entity from there, even if you don't quite fit the definition of an actual American either. It'd be like calling New Englanders British.

I'm more interested in visiting for a historical standpoint though, I enjoyed the photos of the various Cathedrals I got to see and some of the old historical ruins and monuments. It's like when I went to Spain, I don't have a drop of Spanish blood, but I enjoyed seeing Santiago, Barcelona, and Franco's tomb. One thing that's often absent from historical descriptions is the lowest levels of culture during the time period, so meeting people from other places is very interesting as well since it give you an idea what life is like for the regular man of society.

In one hundred years, our grandchildren will not know anything more than the superficial nature of how we lived, since culture simply can't be preserved in history books. They'll apply modern ways of thought to us and misunderstand most everything. Likewise though, talking to locals when you travel is a way to truly understand more of a place rather than simply reading about prior events and visiting old historical sites.
>>
>>2578017
From what you write, you could use to go on exchange programme here, since week-long visit won't really do the trick.
>>
>>2578069
It's funny, when I was younger, I didn't have the inclination, but when I got older and started getting shipped over to South America and the Middle East for work (I contracted with an oil company), suddenly, I took a pretty keen interest in how the rest of the world behaves. I had only really seen Texas history close up until that point, and suddenly, there was an entire other world, literally, out there where people had entirely other ideas on the nature of things on this earth. Even if I love home, it's kind of fascinating in a way.

Many of my compatriots growing up had a similar disinterest in other places, and we all assumed everyone simply behaved the same as we did (At least as far as Europe was concerned). And while European places are certainly familiar, there's a sort of fundamental difference in the lines of thinking between each place. It is sort of like, when two different people look at a painting, and one sees joy, hope, and the start of great things, when the other sees sadness, despair, and then end of the world as they know it. Those sort of things will be lost after a generation dies.

We had exchange students visit long ago, but at that point it was nothing but a curiosity to me. Now that I'm older and can actually appreciate history and the world at large, such opportunities are gone.
>>
File: wew2.png (1MB, 3916x1830px) Image search: [Google]
wew2.png
1MB, 3916x1830px
reporting - I found my old ancestry tree but i've blurred out any names
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.