[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question for vegans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: NOpbLQf.gif (2MB, 419x292px) Image search: [Google]
NOpbLQf.gif
2MB, 419x292px
At what does it become wrong to eat an animal. What is the limit. Are sea sponges or jelly fish OK. What about animals with pain receptors but not enough neurons to do anything but react instinctually.
>>
>>2361766

Strict vegans avoid any animal products. Vegan/vegetarianism is a spectrum. Some people will still consume milk, or eggs, or both. Those are ovolacto vegetarians, they do this in order to get all the amino acids they need.

t. RDN
>>
>>2361769
To add to this, there's also people who eat certain animals like fish and still call themselves vegetarian. There are also people who call themselves vegetarian for not eating meat everyday. So if a person eats meat once a week or so, these people call themselves vegetarian.

It's weird.
>>
>>2361766

THE PURPOSE OF VEGANISM IS TO AVOID DEATH, AND SUFFERING, OF SENTIENT LIFE; IF YOU ARE KILLING, AND/OR CAUSING SUFFERING, TO SENTIENT BEINGS, AND/OR USING THE PRODUCTS DERIVED FROM DEATH, AND SUFFERING, OF SENTIENT BEINGS, FOR ANY PURPOSE, YOU ARE ACTUATING AND ENABLING "EVIL", AND ARE CERTAINLY NOT VEGAN.
>>
>>2361797
>KNDY
wdhmbt?
>>
>>2361797
"""sentient"""
>>
>>2361813

?
>>
>>2361797
How about you actually address op's question instead of swanning in with cruise control for cool on only to state the fucking obvious?
>>
>>2361829

THE "ORIGINAL POSTER'S" QUESTION ITSELF IS FLAWED/STUPID; I PROVIDED AN EXPLICATION THAT ELUCIDATED THE "ORIGINAL POSTER'S" DOUBTS, WHILST ALSO SIMPLY REMARKED THE BASIS OF VEGANISM.

IMPROVE YOUR "READING COMPREHENSION".
>>
>>2361797
>DEATH, AND SUFFERING
drinking milk, eating unfertilized egg.

>SENTIENT BEINGS
cows, fish, snails, sponges, yeast, fungi: where do you draw the line?

>ENABLING "EVIL"
surviving as per natural processes is evil

>tripcode
You must be that one dumb fuck that got lost on his way to >>>/b/
>>
>>2361850
Wow, you sure showed him!
>>
>>2361766
its ok to eat your fellow man
if you live somewhere where that happens yo be illegal however
you should try to not get caught
>>
>>2361865
This is why I come here: To bathe in the warmth of your praise.
>>
>>2361850
>drinking milk
the issue is that dairy cows are repeatedly impregnated and their offspring taken away from them to make sure they stay lactating. Without this process a cow's life span can be over 20 years, but on an industrial dairy farm after 5 or 6 years their bodies reach their limits and they are marked for culling.
>>
>>2361889
so it is not a vegan principle to not drink milk but more an objection to the way we treat cows? As long as we make sure the cow has a pleasant life and isn't bothered too much, we can drink her milk?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.