[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time commanders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: rape.jpg (6KB, 240x155px) Image search: [Google]
rape.jpg
6KB, 240x155px
Anyone see time commanders last night on BBC4? Thoughts?

Felt bad for the muscle bros losing after a promising start. The nerdy toffs were too smug for my liking.

Always good seeing carthage get rekt though
>>
As a big Total war player and modder i felt it was a bit disappointing.

They used unmodded Rome 2 on small unit sizes, so even the Zama battle was basically just a skirmish, the vanilla gameplay is also far too fast and arcade like which doesn't suit the purpose of the show, you saw how in an instant the slingers killed almost all the cavalry units.

They need to do much bigger scale battles with slowed down combat speed to properly allow for tactical battles to ensue.

The editing was bad too, lots of spliced scenes from trailers and they also talked about something happening but then didn't show it, like the elephants.
>>
>>2083915
>>2083938
>>>/tv/
>>>/trash/
>>
The dudebros would have won if they didn't fuck up the elephant charge. However they should have cred for going general vs general, made good TV.
>>
>>2083938
>>2083944
>>2083947

Anyone noticethe not passing at all Tranny?

It was laughable, but the real question is...would you still hit it?
>>
>>2083915
They brought this back? It's probably 0/10 because the BBC is awful nowadays, but it might give me some nostalgia.
>>
File: 1472608767553.jpg (185KB, 804x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1472608767553.jpg
185KB, 804x1052px
>>2083938

Also

>As a big Total war player and modder i felt it was a bit disappointing.

yeah i had that feeling for the original time commanders on the original rome game.

I think you have to watch it as a sort of historians junk food. the melodrama is the best part really. I paticularly liked the goofy new segment of those 'weapons experts' fucking about with spears/skirmishing gear.

Its not meant to be that educational, its a history centric gameshow in a way.
>>
I seen an advert for it but they where using napoleon total war...do they change engines from week to week?
>>
File: 1468784953978.jpg (81KB, 677x650px) Image search: [Google]
1468784953978.jpg
81KB, 677x650px
>>2084303
well theres only 3 eps so far so it cant fuck up that badly. The host/contestants/old man expert really carried the show into watchable. I like that they willbe using diffrent eras for these episodes. (napoleon TW is in it, not sure on the other one?)
>>
>be british
>purchase my television license
>turn on the telly to the BBC channel
>people are playing the worst total war game
truly a modern hellworld
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.