/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Jewish art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 31

File: rothko.jpg (31KB, 514x700px) Image search: [Google]
rothko.jpg
31KB, 514x700px
>Jewish art
>>
>>1863014
Art for art's sake is worthless.
>>
>>1860729
>>
>>1863014
Rothko is phenomenal. He managed to make art that's intensely emotional while bypassing traditional demands of representation. His paintings lack the sterility of most early 20th Fe they modernism but are still intensely innovative.

Why do you dislike him?
>>
File: gg.jpg (8KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
8KB, 225x224px
>>1863394
>Rothko is phenomenal.
>intensely emotional art
>>
>>1863400
Emotion doesn't need to manifest through nationalist cheese, you goddamn chode
>>
>>1863435

rothko had no discernible talent, his paintings were hyper-inflated in value by rich jews at auction houses.
when he realized he had no talent he killed himself. Sad story, may he rip.
>>
>>1863447
His painterly talent was great, especially compared to legitimate hacks like Jackson Pollock and Andy Warhol.
>>
File: merchant_minimal.png (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
merchant_minimal.png
15KB, 500x500px
>>1863435
>nationalist cheese
and the truth comes out
here's some abstract art for you
>>
File: 826518-7.jpg (60KB, 770x617px) Image search: [Google]
826518-7.jpg
60KB, 770x617px
>>1863464
Nationalism is for idiots.
>>
>>1863464
Rothko is innovative and more meaningful than something which apes the modernism of a previous century to make a political point.

Pic related has no value other than the meaning of its depiction. Appreciating this are is childish and ignorant. You're no different than autistic kids on Reddit who think a digital painting of a dragon is the "greatest art ever made."
>>
>>1863464
Nationalism is dumb. Nations didn't exist until the rise of liberalism. Until around 1750, nobody ever wanted to "die for their country". It's an inherently modern and anti-traditionalist idea that just serves the interests of the upper class.
>>
>>1863480
do they bum each other?
>>
File: leftist fedora.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
leftist fedora.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1863489

Societies have always organised along racial lines based on kinship. The creation of the modern secular state in the 19th century is irrelevant.
>>
>>1863394
You are a fat moron. He said himself that he only tries to communicate tragedy through is painting, which is utterly unoriginal and uninteresting.
>>
File: 6645331.jpg (78KB, 390x568px) Image search: [Google]
6645331.jpg
78KB, 390x568px
>>1863495
It's hard to find Nazi art that isn't faggy as fuck

There's something kinda gay about lauding the masculine beauty of the Aryan men
>>
>>1863506
The nation state destroys relationships of clan and kinship in the name of centralization and unity.

Languages, traditions, and entire culture are destroyed by the sausage grinder of nationalism to allow the government to more easily dominate large populations.
>>
>>1863508
You can think Rothko is boring but his art is anything but unoriginal.

But sure, he's actually a hack and the only true artists are Waterhouse and the guy who does the Evangelion concept art.
>>
File: ashes.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ashes.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>1863014
>Jewish artists
>>
>>1863513

That may be true in mutliracial multicultural states such as the mongrel "nation" of Murica but not the case in ethnically homogenous states.

One of the most important ideas underpinning the creation of states in the 19th century is uniting all people of the same ethnic group within the same borders
>>
I find Jacob Epstein pretty fascinating. His career spanned Art Deco into the 50s, one could describe some of his later work as post-deco. Some of his sculptural portraiture has that textural, sketchy, trowelled-on look I really like.

But of course this thread is just intended to be a circlejerk for spooked as fuck /pol/tards to dismiss abstract and loosely realistic art by attaching a Jewish conspiracy to it.
>>
File: jew degeneracy modernism.jpg (127KB, 823x873px) Image search: [Google]
jew degeneracy modernism.jpg
127KB, 823x873px
>>1863014

(((Modernism)))
>>
>>1863525
>modern design

>>1863523
It was true for France.
>>
>>1863524
>conspiracy

Oy vey sounds scary. Oh wait here is an article in a jewish owned publication praising and boasting about jews subverting classical art in favour of modernism and analysing their political motives behind that

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/01/how-jews-created-american-modernism.html
>>
>>1863523
And promptly eradicating any regional culture to make way for the manufactured cosmopolitan culture that's been deemed "real" national culture.

And as you should realize that's a very 19th century idea. Before then the majority of France wasn't French, Italy and Germany were far from united even culturally, and countries like Spain, Poland or Turkey weren't organized on any basis even resembling a nation state.
>>
>>1863523
There are no ethnically homogeneous nation states. Germany is a patchwork amalgam of various cultural identities suppressed by the Empire, Reich, and Republic yet still persist. Look at Bavaria, which has essentially considered itself its own country since unification.

Even fucking Denmark and Korea contain culturally and linguistically independent island peoples who did not consider themselves part of the Danish or Korean nation until their government told them that they were.
>>
File: picasso.jpg (626KB, 1000x1192px) Image search: [Google]
picasso.jpg
626KB, 1000x1192px
>>1863014
>Cherry-picking Rothko
K.
>>
>>1863531
They weren't trying to subvert anything, just create something new. Surely you wouldn't castigate the first renaissance painters for rejecting medieval traditions in their use of new techniques and technologies, like perspective and convex mirrors?
>>
>>1863525
This stuff is why Jews are based desu
>>
>>1863534
You're a communist. Nations are eternal and Poles have always been Poles.

The king of France has been king of all the Franks for 1600 years
>>
>>1863534

You are making a leap from "modern states have created an artificial national mythos" to "borders no real let's import 6 millions somalis to Sweden".

When I am talking about nationalism I don't mean the kosher let's wave the flag and support the troops modern day Murican metling pot aberration but a state organised along racial and ethnic lines.
>>
>>1863489
>Until around 1750, nobody ever wanted to "die for their country".

What in god's good name are you talking about anon? What is the entire course of human history and warring tribes, nations, and empires? Explain yourself.

>>1863394
I'll admit there's some value in the use of abstract patterns of color to provoke emotion. But I'll never see the same value in colored rectangles as I do in a Rembrandt.

I'm ok with abstraction in art but I think painting is not the right medium for it. I need more than a fucking red rectangle to connect with the art. An instrumental piece of music? Fundamentally an abstract art. It's just abstract vibrations and rhythms that don't represent anything concrete. Even lots of experimental music that plays with sound, structure, and rhythm I find fascinating. But a fucking square on a canvas?

>>1863480
see above and art can have meaning beyond what it's depicting directly and still not be completely abstract wankery. Just as a simple example, pic related. A simple portrait of a writer that conveys an emotion of absolute despair and hopelessness.

>>1863517
>implying anyone was arguing this

>>1863519
kek

>>1863534
>>1863536
So what are you saying, that we should open borders and be multiracial third-world shitholes and completely destroy white people and white cultures just because there are regional differences? Your arguments make no sense.

By nationalism I'm thinking of: Preserving the demographic (thus genetic) make up of the nation, and preserving its culture. This can be done with a sensitivity towards regional differences.

Now what is your argument against this? There's moderate regional differences between white ethnic groups, thus get rid of all of it with multicultural hell? I have no idea what the argument you're trying to make here is.
>>
>>1863531
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/01/how-jews-created-american-modernism.html
>modernist design
>modernist architecture
>modernist textile
>Industrial designer
I haven't got to the bit where they say that 20th century american Jews travelled back in time to the 19th century in disguise as artists like Manet, Monet, Degas, etc to invent modernism. Are they editing the article as we speak to make you seem dishonest? Or are you just a slimy /pol/tard taking an article completely out of context and are just hoping that everybody else is on your base level and won't notice?
>>
>>1863556
Nope, you're making that leap. Nobody here has mentioned or condoned immigration.

States are organized on political lines forged through conquest and political circumstance. Deportation and cultural reeducation in the 19th and 20th centuries were necessary to form the clean ethnic countries we have in Europe today.
>>
>>1863541
>just create something new

They had political motives it wasn't just a desire to do something innovative. Read the artcile it specifically mentions the jewish emigres escaping from Germany in the 30s.
>>
>>1863561
People have died in service of their king of for material gain.

The philosophical duty to die for the integrity of a nation, no matter for what cause or which ruler, is an expressly modern one.
>>
File: pup.jpg (16KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
pup.jpg
16KB, 450x450px
>>1863539
>picasso
>Jewish
>>
>>1863580
>no matter for what cause or which ruler
This isn't what nationalism is and not what I'm arguing for.
>>
>>1863566

The article talks about American modernism you dishonest triggered fuck
>>
>>1863599
American modernist design, not modernist art, not even American modernist art. Quit bullshitting.
>>
>>1863539
Was Picasso
>Lel so random xDDD: the artist
?
>>
>>1863607
Picasso was talented as fuck but there's some truth to that
>>
>>1863606
Changing our culture to a drab, ugly, anti-traditionalist modern design is just as bad if not worse. Jews ruin everything and suck the life out of a nation to make things more comfortable for themselves as outsiders.
>>
>>1863555
>lalala I can't here you over my 19th century romanticist nonsense lalala
Before the 19th century only like 20% of the French population actually spoke French. Nation states are a modern abstraction contrary to what nationalists believe and the people who so zealously adhere to them are absolutely pathetic.

>>1863556
>>1863561
>If you're anti-nationalism you're pro-immigration
No, humanism is just another form of nationalism.

I'm of the opinion that you should just have enough backbone to be able to exist independently and cultivate yourself rather than obtusely cling to the abstraction of national identity. I don't want to be pigeonholed into an identity above myself that I'm expected to uphold contrary to any notion of self-interest or self-preservation.

I don't care about people who I will never meet just because I happen to share a haplotype with them. And I fully acknowledge that they don't care about me.
>>
>>1863561
Nope, absolute music is directly analogous to abstract expressionism.

The art is stripped down in both cases to style. There's no need for representation, because emotion is expressed direct. You don't need to like it, but you should recognize that it's meaningful without being figurative.

Before the 19th century, music and art were both mostly figurative. Opera was conceived to be the highest form of music, and is strictly representational. Persons like Wagner clashed with more objective composers like Brahms, who believed music could exist purely on an emotional and stylistic level. This exact line of thought was pursued by Rothko.
>>
File: wallhaven-57529.jpg (2MB, 3564x2097px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-57529.jpg
2MB, 3564x2097px
>Jewish art
>>
>>1863561
We should preserve cultures, anon. The nation is an abstraction. Nobody in this thread is calling for mass migration.
>>
>>1863621
ok, quick question about the french thing.
do you include dialects as different languages?
>>
>>1863621
>le individualism meme XD
how the fuck can people still think the world isn't tribal in the face of all the shit that's happening today, let alone all of human history? You might not identify with your ethnic group but other ethnic groups do identify you as such and they'll treat you just the same.
>>
>>1863618
Drab? What the fuck are you talking about? Modern design is much more expressive than the Victorian styles is succeeded.
>>
>>1863561
this guy sucks
>>
>>1863644
There's no distinction between a language and a dialect. Parisians defined their dialect as the "true French language" and other thoughts as inferior dialects, even they had no genetic link to standard French like Breton, Alsatian, or fucking Basque.
>>
>>1863618
Nice goalpost moving, but some form of mid-century modernism would have emerged with or without le jewish bogeyman thanks to the influence of scandi design and art deco had already come before.
>>
>>1863607
there are certain elements of play in his cubist works but it's far from random. randomness or chance in art is more of a surrealist thing, but of course the surrealists liked picasso
>>
>>1863561
Before 1750 nobody wanted to die for their post-Westphalian nation-state. However, plenty of people wanted to die for their "country", defined in other terms
>>
>>1863656
Jews still suck tho
>>
>>1863644
Pre 19th century French "dialects" weren't mutually intelligible. They were for all intents and purposes different languages.

>>1863645
>but other ethnic groups
But there's the thing, anon. There's no such thing as "other ethnic groups", it's just as much of an abstraction as "the people", or "our country". You're just describing an idea that doesn't really exist.

It has not occurred to the majority of the planet regardless of ethnicity that I even exist, and were I ever to meet any of the actual individuals that "other ethnic groups" consist of in short order I'd cease to be "British person" and start to be "anon". Just as you or I don't consider the people we know in real life entirely on the basis of their passport.
>>
>>1863618
The creation of something new isn't sucking the life out of anybody
>>
>>1863539
That's Marc Chagall you asshat
>>
>>1863655
>>1863670
>Pre 19th century French "dialects" weren't mutually intelligible. They were for all intents and purposes different languages.
cool
any reads on those things?
>>
>>1863692
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinance_of_Villers-Cotterêts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Académie_française
>>
>>1863707
thanks.
>>
File: p01bqxl3.jpg (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
p01bqxl3.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
>>
>>1863670
>were I ever to meet any of the actual individuals that "other ethnic groups" consist of in short order I'd cease to be "British person" and start to be "anon"

Alright friendo, why not come take a stroll down MLK Boulevard in Detroit at 9pm and see how they look at you as an individual with no group identity.

Groups matter. Human groups differ gentically (most important), culturally, geographically, etc. Whether or not an abstraction (like "race") "exists" in some philosophical sense doesn't matter. It describes a real phenomenon of group averages and tendencies.

Do you think you could swap out all white British people for Pakistanis and the nation would function exactly the same? Is there something magic about British air that makes it what it is? No. It's the people.

People are everything, and people make nations.
>>
>>1863761
>genetically (most important)

hmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>1863761
People make cultures, anon. Governments make nations.
>>
>>1863014
>Jews
>Art
>>
>>1863768
The genetic make-up of the nation is its most important resource. 30 IQ points makes a hell of a difference. Even 15 or 10 does.
>>
>>1863774
but is it genetic or due to childhood malnutrition
>>
>>1863761
>Alright friendo, why not come take a stroll down MLK Boulevard in Detroit at 9pm and see how they look at you as an individual with no group identity.
I don't think your reading comprehension is very good because I acknowledged that as it stands the first impression foreigners would have of me is "Person from X". It's just that as is the case for everyone or I know IRL even the most cursory introduction realizes them as an individual rather than an ambassador for whatever group they belong to.

And furthermore going
>Hey, people's primary notion of you is that you belong to X group. Better defend yourself by deciding their the most important aspect of their being is belonging to Y group.
solves nothing in this. It just reduces me to another nationalist boob that surrenders myself and everything I value to a fixed idea.
>>
>>1863656

Had Europeans controlled it without Jewish subversion it would have been beautiful and creative(like all art made by Europeans since the dawn of time) instead of vapid.
>>
>>1863782
both
>>
File: 0jRUu3Y.gif (185KB, 390x290px) Image search: [Google]
0jRUu3Y.gif
185KB, 390x290px
>>1863517

Nigga what.
>>
>>1863793
You said "meet" and "in short order." How long would you expect to endure them throwing emtpy 40s at you and shouting "THIS AIN'T YO HOOD WHITE BOY" until they come to an enlightened individualist understanding of your identity? I have your answer: they never will.

That's what I'm saying. Your naive pipe dream of everyone just coming to an understanding of individualism is just never going to happen. You will always be an ambassador for your group. Even where micro-interactions may differ--and they may very well do so occasionally in your personal life--the macro-interactions of ethnic groups mashed together artificially by the liberal democratic regime will always lead to tension. Not only is your understanding of human nature uselessly narrow, the significance you place on individual interactions misses the forest for the trees and further shows the scope of your thinking to be fatally limited.

>>Hey, people's primary notion of you is that you belong to X group. Better defend yourself by deciding their the most important aspect of their being is belonging to Y group.

The problem is that this isn't just make-believe groups that have no basis in reality. You sound like you believe that race is a social construct, is this accurate? Because this is essentially what you're arguing for.

If I believed that group identity was mostly just cultural or environmental and didn't have a concrete genetic basis I would be inclined to agree with the worldview you espouse here. But we can't escape the biological reality of our differences. So this isn't something we can just shrug off if we all decide to. Replacing whites in a white country with third world people gives you a third world nation. This in addition to the natural affinity to their own ethnic group and the negative effects of diversity proven by Putnam in his diversity studies.
>>
File: clutching_at_straws[1].jpg (43KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
clutching_at_straws[1].jpg
43KB, 500x333px
>>1863795
Look at mid century scandinavian, it's often genuinely restrained and austere compared to mid-century American modernism
>>
>>1863506
Am I the only one who can't help but read BBC as Big Black Cock? What has /pol/ done to me?
>>
>>1863861
>implying that button isn't supposed to be red as the Big Black Cock
>>
>>1863861

National Socialists always have had an obsession with cuckoldry and sexual impotence, during WW2 they developed propaganda directed against the British troop that portrayed an US soldier stationed in England, cucking a British trooper who's in the battlefield.
>>
>>1863849
I think you have a very sheltered view of the world. Someday you're going to grow up and go out into the world and you'll see that a bunch of Wyatt Mann cartoons aren't trying to kill you in a great race war. I've had friends of other races, I've had lovers of other races, and I've had bad experiences with people of other races. But in this case I think it's the bad experiences that count the most because it's then that you realize the abstract idea of your countrymen aren't coming to save you, the only person who can save you is yourself. And it's experiences that made me realize I was wasting my breath parroting nationalist ideology.

/pol/ likes to think they have a realistic and practical view of human nature but in truth I think they're much too idealistic, they place far too much faith in people who just happen to share a skin colour with them. If you ever actually do find yourself in a violent altercation in a black neighbourhood the KKK aren't going to come riding in to save you, it's a time when you need to realize that you're on your own in this world and you need to have a will of your own to survive.

I don't expect everyone to come to an enlightened individualist conclusion, as a matter of fact the implications of an individualist worldview are quite savage compared to the romantic idealism of nationalism. But it's simply the truth. And that's the thing about /pol/, I think they're too mentally weak to reject nationalism as it comes with an great acceptance of responsibility. I think people like that use nationalism as a crutch to ignore their own shortcomings rather than to overcome them in a way of burying their head in the sand as to how small we all really are.

This is not to say that the truth is that everyone is out to get you regardless of race. There's lot of good people as well. And part of being individualist is the freedom to fraternize with whoever you like and make positive connections.
>>
>>1863951
I've had positive interactions with non-white people as well, some I see and am friendly with regularly. I don't hate other groups nor am I afraid of them. I don't wish them any ill. Yet I'm capable of seeing the bigger picture.

I don't recall saying that white people are just one big happy family, that we always get along within races, all that matters is group identity, that you don't need your own will to survive, or anything else like that. With everything in life there must be balance. You have your life as an individual and you have the society as a whole. Also kek at "just happen to share a skin colour" as if skin color is all that race is. If that were the case, you'd be right; but it's objectively untrue.

There's truth to what your saying in that you are, to an extent, on your own in the world and you have to develop your strengths and virtues as an individual. Yet, simultaneously, you exist as a part of a greater whole. And the condition of the greater whole should matter to you, because your ability to function and achieve your goals depends on the society you operate within.

This shouldn't be difficult to see. Imagine one society with an average IQ of 120 vs one with an average IQ of 60. Which would you rather live in? Which is going to be more conducive to your journey as an individual? The answer is obvious. And IQ is just a single piece of the puzzle. There's cultural values, group affinity, political leanings (which are heritable), personality traits (also heritable), etc.

Your third paragraph is simply a baseless naval-gazey attempt at psychoanalysis and can be discarded. I'm not arguing on behalf of /pol/; I'm arguing for an ideology of nationalism much bigger than 4chan. One of us has empirical evidence to back up his claims and--so far that I can see--it isn't you. I'm sure you're aware of or can find the data and studies I allude to here (I already mentioned Putnam) but I could provide any if required.
>>
File: 1468745629087.png (12KB, 389x283px) Image search: [Google]
1468745629087.png
12KB, 389x283px
>>1864160
Ah but you see society is a spook and surrendering myself into the idea of it is bad for my freedom.
>>
>>1863435
Bringing up some cuck politics out of nowhere.
Well done, anon. Well done.
>>
File: undeveloped.png (188KB, 1897x971px) Image search: [Google]
undeveloped.png
188KB, 1897x971px
>>
>>1864300
winrar
>>
>>1863774
Then why did the Middle East totally outpace Northern Europe throughout the vast majority of its existence?
>>
File: liberation.jpg (229KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
liberation.jpg
229KB, 1024x768px
>>1863795
But that art isn't vapid, anon. It can be really important and meaningful.
>>
>Le modern art is so bad because like anybody can paint it
>Le electronic music is bad because like anybody can make it
If you have these opinions then you just don't understand art
>>
>tfw my favorite Jewish artist is Levitan
>tfw Solzhenitsyn shat all over him
>>
>>1864390
I obviously feel bad Solzhenitsyn was gulag'd but it's pretty fucking obvious why he was gulag'd considering he was a die hard reactionary. Pretty much a straight up anti-Semite as well.
>>
>>1863885
>be red
>>
>>1864390
Solzhenitsyn was a good writer but horribly blinded by his own anti-Semitism and far right politics
>>
File: 541774011.jpg (119KB, 460x594px) Image search: [Google]
541774011.jpg
119KB, 460x594px
>>1864412
>Pretty much a straight up anti-Semite as well.

His best buddy was a Jew, he even used him in The First Circle as a protagonist
>>
>>1863951
>just happen to share a skin colour with them.

That's were your wrong, kiddo.
>>
>>1864467
Sharing some genes also doesn't make it any better. I might be the same race as a guy from Belarus, but we have essentially nothing in common. I'd be much more comfortable spending time with, for instance, an American of Indian descent.
>>
>>1864477
But when you compare an American of Indian descent to a white American, you would get along better with the latter, at least on average.
>>
File: UPA Battle flag.png (5KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
UPA Battle flag.png
5KB, 1200x800px
Woah.....
>>
>>1863539
That's Chagall. Picasso and Chagall are not bad artists. Modernist art is different, but it isn't bad.

I love and prefer traditionalist art, yet there is nothing wrong with being experimental, else art will never grow, just like there is nothing wrong with shitty ass Rothco having done his thing.

People like what they want to like tbhfam.

That being said, I do think there is a spectrum of worth in art. Rothco isn't worth shit, but pretentious Jews who hate everything that isn't Jewish inflated the work of his garbage because they knew making art created by a talentless fool worth more than that made by an artisan would hurt their parent culture. The reason every little kid strives to be a starving artist and think they can color some bullshit on a canvas and call it worthy is because of the work the kikes did. Einige Tag die Juden wird unter unseren Stiefen wie ein erstochen Schwein bluten!!! SIEG HEIL SIEG HEIL SIEG HEIL
>>
>>1863014
would put in the trash desu, unless it's one of your kids that made it and then you'd probably put it on the fridge for a few weeks
>>
File: e e e e.png (18KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
e e e e.png
18KB, 300x250px
>>1863489
>Nationalism is dumb. Nations didn't exist until the rise of liberalism. Until around 1750, nobody ever wanted to "die for their country". It's an inherently modern and anti-traditionalist idea that just serves the interests of the upper class.
>>
>>1864698
Your post took an unexpected turn there
>>
>>1863014
I know right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqOY-02XAFk
>>
>>1863523
>ethnically homogenous states
Oh am I laffin.
France, the most "ethnically homogenous state" only achieved that by litteraly genociding any and all minorities, beating up everyone and shaming people who didn't speak "proper" French and concentrating all power in Paris.
KYS
>>
File: 2000px-Langues_de_la_France.svg.png (2MB, 2000x1898px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Langues_de_la_France.svg.png
2MB, 2000x1898px
>>1863555
What am I reading?
>>
File: 1373-affiche.jpg (53KB, 334x450px) Image search: [Google]
1373-affiche.jpg
53KB, 334x450px
>>1863555
>>1863556
>>
>>1863523
too bad that doesn't matter now
>>
>>1863555
Most Franks lived in the low countries and Rhineland, which were mostly not part of France for the majority of their history
>>
File: Gabriele_D'Anunnzio.png (7KB, 261x370px) Image search: [Google]
Gabriele_D'Anunnzio.png
7KB, 261x370px
I can't believe so many of these so-called "nationalists" believe that the Nation is a static and unchangeable thing.

>>1863489
>nationalism, the inherently modernist and revolutionary ideal, serves the upper class! I swear guys, all those revolutions in the 19th century were totally orchestrated by the upper class!
This is basically the same thing as blaming le j00s for everything you don't like.
>>
>>1864160
>IQ meme
oh great, another one...
>>
>>1864248
"Bringing politics out of nowhere" ?
Are you kidding me?
The first statement in regards to a so called "jewish art" is actually the first politic comment here. The whole thread was meant to bring a political discussion from the begining.
This is poI/ disguised as his/
>>
>>1865816
>IQ being a meme
oh great, another one...
>>
>>1866047
My intention was just to laugh at Jewish notions of pretentious art, not debate nationalism
>>
>>1864558
I disagree, I have way more common with a middle class Indian American guy also from the Northeast than some redneck in Mississippi who happens to be white
>>
>>1863523
There really aren't any ethnically homogeneous states
>>
>>1863394

>intensely emotional

(you)
>>
>its another uncultured tasteless and autistic conspiracy theorist faggots try to claim any art other than grandmother's-bedroom-tier 19th century realism is le jewish tricks or le CIA

there's a whole board where you can jack off to crude anime drawings, its called >>>/ic/
>>
>>1863435
>technical perfection is 'nationalist cheese' and 'sterility'

oy vey!
>>
>>1863014
Jewish people are art they r puppets lol
>>
>>1864698
no one 'colors bullshit on canvas' anymore friend. no point being ahistorical on a history board
>>
>>1867027
i wonder why people aren't moved to tears by still lives
>>
>>1866784
>lets ignore all history of art and create what we say is art, to awaken the mind instead of pleasing the eye
>is surprised this is unpopular on a HISTORY board
fuck off outta here if you dont have any arguments
>>
>>1867311
rothko awakens the mind and pleases the eye, as well as offers a kind of personal religious experience, which has been the purpose of the highest genre of art since the renaissance. compare the 19th century which is just about pleasing the eye because artists then were relying on sales to the tasteless middle-class instead of the literate aristocracy as was the case in the academies prior to the mid-18th century

19th century art is the real anti-art, not the american response to modernism
>>
File: AO152_delacroix-la-liberte.jpg (90KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
AO152_delacroix-la-liberte.jpg
90KB, 600x450px
>>1863489

wow, its almost as if you know literally nothing about nationalism and are just some commiboo faggot from leftypol
>>
>>1867359
you would have a better point if your painting wasn't a direct reference to a nationalist event nearly 100 years after 1750
>>
>>1867027
Nationalist art tends to be technically simplistic, because the emphasis is on meaning rather than style.
>>
On a visual level, I really like this piece. The colours contrast well against each other. I'm not sure if it stirs much emotion in me, but I certainly enjoy looking at it.
>>
>>1867355
> rothko awakens the mind

Why is OP's pic better for awakening the mind than simply staring at a tile pattern on the kitchen floor? Neither the kitchen floor or that painting seem to have any more intrinsic meaning than the other. Couldn't you just chalk the experiences of more "cultured" viewers of OP's pic up a psychological phenomenon, similar to looking at a Rorschach test or the Forer Effect?
>>
>>1868241
To be fair, the kitchen floor likely wasn't created with much forethought beyond basically visually pleasing. While I'm not going to pretend as though it's impossible Rothko may have been an elaborate ruse, it is also entirely possible he choose the designs of his works to evoke emotion.
>>
>>1868241
you seem to think that if rothko was more technically competent his painting would have harder edges and would look more like a kitchen floor, but shouldn't you instead be looking for difference rather than similarity? it doesn't awaken the mind if you take a quick glance at a jpg thumbnail and think 'oh that's basically a kitchen floor because it's two colours'. i don't know how anyone can trick themselves into believing that is thoughtful analysis
>>
File: futurism sculpture.jpg (346KB, 1416x1764px) Image search: [Google]
futurism sculpture.jpg
346KB, 1416x1764px
>Fascist art
>>
File: Capture.png (134KB, 1661x706px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
134KB, 1661x706px
>>1863394
relevant
>>
>>1868557
What am I looking at that's supposed to be relevant? It's a screengrab of the first four replies.
>>
>>1863014
why is everyone on this board such a goddamn pleb
>>
>>1868258

>emotion
>literally two colored squares

Reminder modern art is a meme. Literal 5 year olds and animals have created it.
>>
>>1868884

>waaa conform to my faddy, manufactured artistic preferences or else!
>>
File: pepe7.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
pepe7.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>1868557
KEK

>>1868590
Look at the ad at the top, OP is fag for not highlighting it
>>
>>1868901
you can never claim to have any insight if you are too preoccupied with what is depicted rather than how it is depicted. your opinion is the meme

>>1868904
you mean like how all the collectors and pleb armchair historians love 19th century works now?
>>
>>1869244
you can never claim to have any insight if you are too preoccupied with how something is depicted rather than what is depicted. Your opinion is the real meme (outside 4chan)
>>
>>1868901
>Reminder modern art is a meme. Literal 5 year olds and animals have created it.

Again, the difference is that these were designed with consideration and forethought. Also you should read up on the technique Rothko used in making these.
>>
>>1869376
this post is just a bunch of letters, big deal, what a meme
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.