[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (145KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 1024x717px
How can you, as a dreaming individual, not believe in the afterlife? It's been said that DMT is released in minute doses when we dream, and that it's released in comparably larger doses when we die.

Ignoring the science of the subject, let's look at it objectively. When you sleep, you're experiencing the closest thing to death without actually dying. And when you sleep, you enter a world of strangeness and symbolism.

If all of this is true, how can you continue to deny the existence of an afterlife?
>>
>>1846924
citation? you're on /his/, not /x/ where roleplaying is allowed

>when you sleep, you're experiencing the closest thing to death

Wouldn't that be a coma?
>>
>>1846924
>It's been said that DMT is released in minute doses when we dream, and that it's released in comparably larger doses when we die.

Please please stop this meme, you are discrediting the good name of dmt and the science around its study, turning it into a field day for charlatans, and causing many to dismiss the whole psychedelic experience as hogwash. There is zero evidence to suggest that dmt is involved in dreams or near-death experiences even though dmt itself can induce near-death experience.
>>
>>1846942

They do, they just don't know they're doing it. They are called habits, addictions, longterm fantasies, fetishes, etc.
>>
>>1846935
Citation for what exactly? And what is a coma if not a prolonged sleep state? I feel like you're ignoring the bigger picture here, as people who ask for citations usually do.
>>
>>1846955
http://wondergressive.com/death-solved-by-vestigial-gland/
>>
>>1846963
>And what is a coma if not a prolonged sleep state?

There's distinct differences in brain activity as shown by fMRI scans in sleeping patients and patients in a coma. A patient in a coma generally has far less activity in the brain, though that does not mean to suggest that dreams don't occur in coma patients because they do sometimes.

>citation
I assume he's talking about the DMT comment
Btw, I am really very torn about the notion of an after-life. It's a pleasant thought, but I just cannot be sure. I've personally had psychedelic experiences and many many vivid lucid fantastical dreams and I have no fear of death itself, merely the method of dying, but I still don't know if there is any 'experience' that occurs after the body expires.
>>
>>1846963
>It's been said that DMT is released in minute doses when we dream, and that it's released in comparably larger doses when we die.

Citation or get out
>>
>>1846924
No. Dying and sleeping are completely different things, when you sleep your bodily functions aren't ceasing, in fact your brain and body are hard at work repairing themselves and preparing for the day. While your asleep your brain is as active as ever, it's only in a different mode of consciousness.
>>>/x/
>>>/b/
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.