[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talentless hack or misunderstood genius?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0278.jpg (266KB, 1293x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0278.jpg
266KB, 1293x1600px
Talentless hack or misunderstood genius?
>>
File: 5017fa11eb93e732983c58ded0c9bc1e.jpg (929KB, 2048x1009px) Image search: [Google]
5017fa11eb93e732983c58ded0c9bc1e.jpg
929KB, 2048x1009px
guy had vision and didn´t gave a fuck
>>
Literally the last great painter. A Renaissance man born 500 years too late
>>
>>1777208
Good and original painter that is a bit overrated, maybe in reaction of some vocal haters being too loud. Or maybe it's the other way, haters are so loud due to the fanboys being loud too, I don't really know.

I guess it's always compliment for an artist if he generates feelings, good or bad.
>>
File: flight.jpg (73KB, 583x750px) Image search: [Google]
flight.jpg
73KB, 583x750px
>The error of imaginary causes. To begin with dreams: a cause is slipped after the fact under a particular sensation (for example, the sensation following a far-off cannon shot) — often a whole little novel is fabricated in which the dreamer appears as the protagonist who experiences the stimulus. The sensation endures meanwhile as a kind of resonance: it waits, so to speak, until the causal interpretation permits it to step into the foreground — not as a random occurrence but as a "meaningful event." The cannon shot appears in a causal mode, in an apparent reversal of time. What is really later (the causal interpretation) is experienced first — often with a hundred details that pass like lightning before the shot is heard. What has happened? The representations which were produced in reaction to certain stimulus have been misinterpreted as its causes.

The 'subject' in this painting is lying asleep somewhere. She has just been stung by a bee and her brain is in the process of waking up in response to the stimuli. However, right before this can happen, the brain is still locked into its dream-state, where causes for exterior sensations must be furnished with a ground by the imagination. Therefore the pomegranate which she was a moment ago observing suddenly breaks forth into a chain of fish and tigers, concluding with a bayoneted rifle which finally becomes the 'cause' as it were for the actual contact to her skin made by the bee's stinger. The tigers embodies the violence of the sting to the dreaming brain.

The two tigers represent the body of the bee (yellow with black stripes) and the bayonet its stinger.
>>
>>1777235
honestly, this
>>
>>1777777
>>
>>1777208
Misunderstood hack.
>>
>>1777208
>>>>>/ic/
You have a board. Use it.
>>
>>1777208
He wasn't overrated at all, he must be in the top 10 list of most relevant painters of human history, if not in the one of the most creative ones.
He was also a loyal Catalan and Spanish nationalist, a fervent catholic and commie hater.
All my respect to him.
>>
>>1777816
idiot
>>
>>1777842
You're the idiot. This suits that board more than this one.
>>
but what did he mean by this
>>
>>1777850
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.
first day on /his/?
>>
>>1777858
benis in bagina :DDD
>>
>>1777235
that's not a dali painting.
>>
>>1777850
and to elaborate there's also no classical artwork threads in /ic/ at all. it's only for people who are alive
>>
File: surrealismo-americano.jpeg.jpg (110KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
surrealismo-americano.jpeg.jpg
110KB, 500x347px
>>1777816
Dali is pure /his and belongs here
>>
>>1777874
Paintings and films and "art" can fit here but I don't see why you would shit up this board when you explicitly have your own board to discuss this.
>>
>>1777884
/ic/ is not the place for discussing well known art. /ic/ is for drawfags only. unless we get an /art/ board. it's perfectly fine to discuss art on /his/
>>
>>1777877
and anhtoter benis in poobr too XDD
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.