[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the Islamic Golden age and why did it start and end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Gaysaudicat.jpg (44KB, 412x478px) Image search: [Google]
Gaysaudicat.jpg
44KB, 412x478px
What was the Islamic Golden age and why did it start and end?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_golden_age
>The Islamic Golden Age refers to a period in the history of Islam, traditionally dated from the 8th century to the 13th century, during which much of the historically Islamic world was ruled by various caliphates and science, economic development and cultural works flourished.
>This period is traditionally understood to have begun during the reign of the Abbasid caliph Harun al-Rashid (786 to 809) with the inauguration of the House of Wisdom in Baghdad, where scholars from various parts of the world with different cultural backgrounds were mandated to gather and translate all of the world's classical knowledge into the Arabic language.[4][5]
>This period is traditionally said to have ended with the collapse of the Abbasid caliphate due to Mongol invasions and the Sack of Baghdad in 1258 AD.[6] A few contemporary scholars place the end of the Islamic Golden Age as late as the end of 15th to 16th centuries.[1][2][3]
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2000x1355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2000x1355px
>>1731458
>When it started.
When Islam was founded.
>When it ended.
When the Chafolics looked in your direction, you fucking SARACEN!
>>
>>1731476
You appear to be lost on the way to a LARP. May I suggest >>>/asp/ or >>>/tg/? Happy boffing!
>>
>>1731476
le no
>>
>>1731475
thanks
>>
>>1731458
what's up with this board and sucking up to Islam
>>
>>1731516
Full of /leftypol/ traitors and reddit immigrants
>>
>>1731516
Lmao you sjwcuck i bet you like being cucked by trannies while your wife is getting more sons to you cuck cuck cuck
>>
>>1731496
Any time
>>
>>1731516
Typical 4chan contrarianism. Disliking muslims has been the norm of a while now, so now unconditionally loving them is a thing.

>>1731458
I'm gonna disagree with the mainstream options, and say 861–945 and in my opinion it started in 634. I think tying the golden age of Islam to only the Abbasids is a bit dumb.
>>
>>1731548
what developtment was there during the ummayads and the rashidun anyway? genuinely curious.
>>
>>1731516
The juxtaposition between the past Islamic empires, and the current Islamic regimes is far more insulting than the opinion that Islamic society was always trash. Somewhere along the way they went from being good to being complete garbage heaps.
>>
>>1731529
lel I triggered you with a simple question
>>
File: KhorasanMap.jpg (50KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
KhorasanMap.jpg
50KB, 400x299px
>>1731458
The majority of the scholars that came during the "Islamic Golden Age" were from Greater Khorasan area of Greater Iran during periods such as the Samanid Empire.

Scholars such as Avicenna, Al-Khwarizmi, Khayyam, Al-Farabi, and etc. were all Iranians, but they were heavily influenced by Buddhist, Greek, and Zoroastrian thought. Islam was not really important to their overall worldview, and in fact, they would secretly drink wine and do much more considered haram discreetly.

The number of Persian scientists outranked the Arabic scientists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Persian_scientists_and_scholars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_scientists_and_scholars
>>
>>1731717
NOTE: I forgot to also list Rhazes as being another good Persian scientist. He was from Pars region, however, and not from Greater Khorasan.
>>
>>1731529
the /pol/ is strong with this one.
>>
File: osman.jpg (80KB, 920x620px) Image search: [Google]
osman.jpg
80KB, 920x620px
It started in 1299 with the birth of the Ottoman empire

And it has yet to end since House Osman remains in hibernation but shall awaken as a great arslan to remove the hyenas eating at the carcass of Arabia which rightfully belongs to the Turks and their beylids.
>>
The Islamic "Golden Age" ended when they ran out of advanced societies to conquer.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.