[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I do really believe that religion does play an important role

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: religionhumanhistory.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
religionhumanhistory.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
I do really believe that religion does play an important role in a man's psyche, something to believe in, the thought that there's justice in the world and that it's worth fighting for, the thought that there's a place of redemption waiting for us. cosmic order puts a man's mind at ease even when he is hounded by the horrid events present in our world

athiests ignore this psychological need for some cosmic structure as they see it as a obstacle for humanity's rational ascension to something greater yet they themselves are also suffering from its lack and fall into a more deplorable state from before, they are often restless, often angry, often paranoid, and often unhappy, and they try to replace their past purpose, the now lacking cosmic structure that religion gave them, with other things. They devote themselves to causes that they think will establish a new order worth fighting for or indulge themselves completely to their hobbies as way to replace how religion made them feel secure amidst the chaos of the world. Maybe religion, like most things that has survived throughout human history, fulfills an integral need in humans.

there's a reason why marx derogatorily called religion as the opium of the masses, but marx was wrong to point it as a negative. It's integral to humanity, to believe on something is big bulwark that safeguards a man's sanity. I just hope that we adopt a religion that is civilized and noble at the same time.

do you think this is the case /his/?
>>
>>1628603
bump.
>>
Cool blog
>>>/r9k/
>>>/s4s/
>>>/x/
>>>/b/
>>
>>1628603
>something to believe in, the thought that there's justice in the world and that it's worth fighting for, the thought that there's a place of redemption waiting for us
Which at the same time is delusion and taken too far will lead to the Islamic kind of determinism, where jihadists will not even aim properly because Insha'Allah the bullets will strike the enemy down.
>cosmic order puts a man's mind at ease even when he is hounded by the horrid events present in our world
Which by far is not a positive. To ignore the sad state of things, cling onto some false hope instead of actively trying to fix what is wrong.
>athiests
Atheists this, atheists that. Stop making stupid, all inclusive claims like this. Atheism is nothing but the lack of a belief in deities.

>how religion made them feel secure amidst the chaos of the world
I've never been religious. I've been an atheist as soon as I was capable of comprehending such things. Religion has never made me feel secure, but instead seeing religious people completely irrationally acting upon something there is absolutely no evidence of makes me lose faith in humanity.
>>
>>1628644
>Which at the same time is delusion and taken too far will lead to the Islamic kind of determinism, where jihadists will not even aim properly because Insha'Allah the bullets will strike the enemy down

everything taken too far is horrible, same goes with the complete removal of religion in one's life. It moves people to adopt certain positions that is completely irrational to say the least as they try to commit themselves utterly to other causes to find their purpose.

>Which by far is not a positive. To ignore the sad state of things, cling onto some false hope instead of actively trying to fix what is wrong.

Not saying to ignore things, but to provide a calming sense of a cosmic structure that doesn't have to do anything with politics. the pursuit of religion essentially puts someone into a more introspective position which is more beneficial to oneself and to one's community than someone who wants to change it because inevitably you will have a grand conflict between individuals over things political, better to have multiple areas of discernment and introspection than to only argue over matters of the state which usually comes to a one-or-noting result.

>>1628644
>Atheists this, atheists that. Stop making stupid, all inclusive claims like this. Atheism is nothing but the lack of a belief in deities,

yet, it's observable that the nations with the least amount of religion are also the nations that are less reproductive and more prone to suicide. the lack of religion might not be the cause of these attributes but one cannot ignore it;s correlation to it.

I'm just merely saying that religion, like most things that are ever present in humanity, like murder, or self-interest, reflects an intergral need in humanity. maybe religion is there to sate it and its best to find one that is civilized than push the majority of individuals to look for other more extreme religions to rely on.
>>
>I'm not particularly religious, but I know everyone else in society needs it to function!!
>>
>>1628637
I do not understand? is this a blog? or should i just framed it as "is religion integral to the human psyche?" I never wrote down anything personal except for the words "i believe" which is a statement of opinion.
>>
>>1628752
Never said that everyone needs it, just like how some people are genuinely generous, or psychopathic, there are some people who are genuinely lost without religion and some people who can function without religion, although I often see that those who are atheists are often very militarists in their beliefs in regards to other topics in life which is similar to how zealots acts,

Also, i never pertained that I wasn't particularly religious.
>>
>>1628644
>I've never been religious. I've been an atheist as soon as I was capable of comprehending such things. Religion has never made me feel secure, but instead seeing religious people completely irrationally acting upon something there is absolutely no evidence of makes me lose faith in humanity.

also this statement can easily be used against you. for there are things that some athiests do support that have no merit whatsoever

Morality doesn't solely stem from religion nor does it solely stem from its replacement, maybe its a bit of both
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.