[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sprites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 81a9bf9439e67c92a64da2b176cf75ff.png (93KB, 1213x1413px) Image search: [Google]
81a9bf9439e67c92a64da2b176cf75ff.png
93KB, 1213x1413px
Anyone here do sprite work?

What resources would you recommend for getting into it?
When I look at sprites for games they're usually pretty daunting. Hard for me to wrap my head around how they went from a basic idea to placing individual pixels.
>>
File: tamaños.gif (100KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tamaños.gif
100KB, 1024x576px
>>314009
Theory-wise: no idea but I'm interested
I've made some blocky sprites for games before and found it really fun and intuitive.
You can configure Ps for it but I really like working in Allegro (it even has the same keyboard shortcuts)
>https://www.aseprite.org/
If you don't want to download shit, ROTMG's draw tool is fun and browser-based
>http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/draw.html
>>
File: nEbB4Ew.gif (20KB, 154x202px) Image search: [Google]
nEbB4Ew.gif
20KB, 154x202px
>>314009
You just have to start doing it.

Start with paint.net.
It's not tailored to pixel art, but it's versatile
There are some popular pixel art programs like Pyxel or Aseprite, and they have their place for sure, Pyxel for tile sets and Aesprite (or Graphicsgale if you want to pay for a clunky UI with ALL the features) for animation.

Block out the shapes of your character and start to apply lighting, then read tutorials on cleaning up the pixels and shading techniques, etc.

Use layer, like any other art.

Animation, like any other art form will eat hours of your life at a time, so take that for what it is.
>>
File: asep.gif (570KB, 670x551px) Image search: [Google]
asep.gif
570KB, 670x551px
>>314009
>>>/ic/3029075
>>
>>314042
>Aseprite
What a cool GUI. Fits the programm perfectly
>>
why does /gd/ have such a large percentage of people posting on the wrong board
>>
>>314084
Probably cause the idea of an entire board dedicated to logo design and jizzing over fonts is pretty silly.
>>
>>314086
Don't you dare make fun of my oddly specific sexual orientation.
>>
>>314084
>mouse over the "niche interest" section
>only traditionally "artsy" board
>no reason i'd ever mouse over the weird minisection inbetween wallpapers and REEEEEEEEEEtards
>even if i did it's headed off by moonrunes that haven't been a thing for the western web in the past decade
>>
>>314130
tl;dr move /ic/ between /his/ and /int/, make /i/ share a section with /f/ and maybe /t/, usability solved
>>
>>314131
and add >>>/av/ while at it
>>
>>314132
audiovisual, adult video, or aviation?
>>
>>314133
sice we already have
>>>/gif/
>>>/n/
audiovisual
>>
File: 1407119443400s.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1407119443400s.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
>>314042
That's actually really cool and useful.
>>
>>314029
>http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/draw.html
> requires flash

into the trash it goes
>>
>>314042
>that dithering
damn nigga
>>
>>314009
that's are really cool works
>>
>>315742
dude what
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.