[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/GD/ opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Magazine.png (342KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Magazine.png
342KB, 1280x1024px
hey anon, need advice not sure where im going wrong with this design just don't like it, suggestions please and no im not starting again!
>>
You seem to have accidentally designed it in photoshop
>>
>>286528
yeah I have too in my college its the only design programme available
>>
>>286578
yeah I have too in my college its the only design programme available
>>
>>286580
uuugh let's see past that

your image is not interesting enough
there is very little visual hierarchy going on
your logo is boring
"graphic design magazine" is placed in litterally the most awkward spot
pick a color scheme - it's green or it's red
>>
File: url-2.jpg (8KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
url-2.jpg
8KB, 271x186px
see how easy it can be to design a cover ?
>>
File: anymagazinecover.png (3MB, 1530x1236px)
anymagazinecover.png
3MB, 1530x1236px
>>286579
Just type "any magazine cover" in google image and you'll see what the problem is. Hierarchy.
Your font sizes are too similar.
You need small text and big titles to direct the viewer's attention too what YOU think is important.
Plus I would put the summary either smaller and/or in another less-busy place.

Your logo isn't too good. Same problem, the red isn't enough. For hierarchy's sake you should consider another font or weight for the "FX" part.

And please get rid of any embossed and text-stroke effect.

Lastly I would object that a third of a cover in black and white isn't very beautiful, but hey, you're the art director after all…
>>
>>286581
Thank you for your feedback, any images you can suggest that would go well?
>>
>>286583
Im changing as we speak I want to get rid of the blue but don't know what to replace it with
>>
>>286577

Regardless of the other issues, the main image itself is pretty bad. Not just the weird pixilated look which I guess must be intentional, but also what is up with her hands. She has giant fingers and she's wiping her nose? why is this happening? its too unclear whats going on, at first I thought maybe she was becoming a werwolf or something.

The flipped reflection is an interesting idea, but it leaves way to much empty space in the bottom right corner, especially since you made the top right side so busy. I'd put the stuff in the gray bubble in the bottom right corner, probably not in a bubble. You'll have to find a way to make the text legible though, white might not pop out enough and red would probably be hard to look at. maybe have it white text highlighted with red, so basically there is a squared red background that line by line matches the length of the text.
>>
>>286577
>graphic design in photoshop
>posts a screenshot
>no im not starting again!
fuck off and never come back lazy idiot
>>
I agree with all those anons are saying, it's absolute shit and you should start all over again.

But of all things, the thing that annoys me the most is the grey oval blurb in the corner, it looks like it should spread outside the page but doesn't, which in turn makes it seem the text is pushed to the right just to appear on the page and there is a 3d effect around the corners which makes it even more like a misplaced stamp, and then the grey is so fucking heavy.
>>
Just save yourself from the pain.
Hang yourself tonight. Not even tomorrow. Do it tonight.
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (587KB, 1101x1558px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
587KB, 1101x1558px
>>286612
You can design in Photoshop. It's a magazine so it's only going to be printed at one size.

>>286577
But it looks like you used the wrong size OP. LMAO and how did you manage to get the text pixelated? And wher'd you get those images from, do you have permission?

It looks like you don't know what you're doing. The best way for you to do this is to make it as simple as possible. This way you can't fuck anything up. I'm not saying you always have to do this but if you have limited time to learn it's probably your best option. here's how you keep it simple.

1. Use one font
2 One image
3. Get a color pallete from color.adobe.com and stick to it
4. all the stuff from here >>286583

pic related is an example I did. forgot bleed though
>>
>>286577
good start

not everything needs to be sans serif. try a serif font for the title, make it bigger, make the subtitle smaller.

red and green dont belong together unless its christmas, try something analogous(oranges or purples)

that text in the top bar is pretty bad. space it out and choose a new font. dont make the reader try to decide whats most important info

FOCUS FX should span the width of the page

that bottom black/white section - give the background the same analogous color you choose for the top bar, give it a sandwich effect

turn the opacity down on that circle and stop trying to get a flat image to look 3d (no bevel)

line up hands in both images so they look connected, and separate them with a black OR white line, not both. Same goes for the separation between red space and title.

post updates
>>
>>286634
>Magazine design in Photoshop
Nope, InDesign is standard.
Also don't design in RGB for print.
>>
>>286729
I said you CAN design it in Photoshop. If you know what you're doing the end result will be the same. Weather it's standard or not doesn't make a difference.

It's not being printed I'm showing it to OP on the internet.
>>
>>286577
for love of god, stop with the bavel/emboss effect. It looks cheap and really ugly.

don't ever touch that option unless you know, and I can't stress this enough, YOU KNOW what you are doing.

8/10 times when you reach for the bavel effect you just admited you know nothing of graphics and design
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.