[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

feedback on logo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

first ever post to 4chan, logo created for project just for fun. The concept has the devils tail in the A, The letters D and A and it takes the form of a lightening bolt which represents the nature of the company!
>>
>>285729
the logo itself does not look like you described it. Looks more like a mistake, or a damaged printer. Dunno m8.
Also, post a higher quality pic
>>
File: logos strip.jpg (4MB, 3663x7642px) Image search: [Google]
logos strip.jpg
4MB, 3663x7642px
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-06-07-23-47-1.png (128KB, 1080x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-06-07-23-47-1.png
128KB, 1080x1186px
>>285730
This
What's the relevance of it "taking the form of a lightning bolt"? (which I can't tell at all by looking at it) you're trying to shove too much into what should be a simpler design. Also included a half assed doodle I did on my phone
>>
>>285732
Youre trying to fit too much shit into it. Just because you have a nifty idea doesnt mean it should go in. Kill your darlings
>>
>>285732
This is a definitive example of over built to under perform.
>>
thank you guys! :) really appreciate the feedback, very hard to get honest feedback these days
>>
>>285729
Use illustrator you cunt
>>
try again op i want to see the outcome
>>
>>285732
I feel like theres probably too much spacing in between the letters.
>>
>>285732
also the A doesnt need that space or whatever you put in it.
>>
>>285732
Considering you're selling physical items. Your logo needs to be spotless on print and vinyl.

The idea's neat but it just turns out to be awful, get back to the drawing table friendo.
>>
idk where to go with it experimenting atm
>>
>>286351

Which software / tool do you use for that warped effect?
>>
Nice idea, OP. Does not work well at small resolution at all though, something you always need to consider with a logo
>>
You could try steam coming from the cup to resemble horns in some way

First idea that came to mind
>>
File: illustrator.png (40KB, 312x565px) Image search: [Google]
illustrator.png
40KB, 312x565px
>>286370
not him but you can do that with these tools in illustrator
>>
>>286375
This is really good idea.
>>
File: Untitled-15.png (139KB, 1132x1559px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-15.png
139KB, 1132x1559px
hi guys, I used the liquify tools in Photoshop to create distortion of the text, inported to AI and traced it. Not really happy with the result so far, it's.. a meh, kind of logo
>>
>>286437
I like the idea, but I think legibility isn't great yet. I'd refine the concept until you get both a, 'warped' appearance but it's still legible to normies.
>>
>>286437
what's the significance of the warp? I realize it's trendy on most print but why use it for identity? legit question
>>
>>286437
I'm completely confused here. Why are you trying to warp the shit out of the name and call it the logo?

Personally I'd just remove the A from the original and play with it from there.
>>
>>286437

doesn't work. you destroyed the readability so there goes the functionality.

what was your intention? if you wanted the liquified portion to create an image, you have to design it, you can't just liquify it and hope it will turn out looking good. its not what the tool is for.

I also don't really get why you chose the name devils advocate. I'm not trying to shit on this I am curious what your intentions were. if you provide more context I think you'll get a lot more out of criticism from people on here.
>>
>>286437

There are tools in Illustrator for making a "liquify" effect on vector designs. Much easier and refined than what you're doing.
>>
>>285733

piggybacking off this idea even though he did a quick doodle

maybe the horns could take the form of the steam coming from the cup of coffee? I'm reluctant to suggest this because I feel like every fucking coffee logo using a cup of coffe does this idea so it's not really original.

I still don't understand why it's called devils advocate.
>>
Holy fuck I love this community,im a GD student and the brief was given to me - To create a brand identity by focusing on one of our previous wqorks so for the name i got, I focused on a expressive class i did and i did study towards the tibetan book of the dead, playing with religion, Buddhism etc so the idea was to create this brand that portrays energy/afterlife - hence the idea of a coffee company, devils advocate is an old english idiom and it just topped in the poll i did, it also interrelates well with the book.
>>
File: dff.jpg (2MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
dff.jpg
2MB, 2480x3508px
so like i mean here i am playing with the glitchy photo I took in the background and I don't know i really don't know about it, like it's not legible is it.
>>
>>286560
>>286559
wtf are you on about m8 this looks more suited to a trendy gig poster, not a coffee brand at all.

you couldve just do branding for a cult, that would be fun

i realize the main problem you have is that you dont have a proper brief, which is probably why you keep going on about experimenting aimlessly. figure that out first then come up with a proper studies
>>
bruh, thats the whole point to experiment it's really what they are wanting to see i suppose and yep that was a little bit of a play with a poster design
>>
>>286437
I like the idea, I really do. But you need to try more alternative liquify layouts before settling with what you have. You'd also have to make a different version that could print small, like perhaps just a slightly liquified "D", I don't know. While you should be concerned with legibility, since "devil's advocate" is a cliché, I think it can be read just fine. You're missing the apostrophe though.

>>286560
Holy shit, this is so bad though. What are you on about? Remember KISS!
>>
File: dspreadsheet [Recovered]-10.jpg (3MB, 3508x4961px) Image search: [Google]
dspreadsheet [Recovered]-10.jpg
3MB, 3508x4961px
>>
>>285729
get rid of the lightining bolt, completely disconnected idea. let go off this concept and it might even look like a logo
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 1200x798px
For my music project.
>>
Everything but the initial idea is just bad. Simplify that.
>>
>>286809
No.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.