[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/ : Virtual Reality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: oculus-rift-consumer-lead-alt.jpg (51KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
oculus-rift-consumer-lead-alt.jpg
51KB, 800x600px
Hi /gd/ I'm new to graphic design and specifically 3D design with respect to Virtual Reality programs.

I don't see any threads up so I decided to start one for general discussion and a posting place for anyone working on VR design or programs.

Not trying to shill here, but I am in the initial stages of creating an app that utilizes VR and in the future will be willing to pay for help in creating and designing the VR experiences.

Feel free to hit me up at [email protected]
>>
tiltbrush is rather good for VR graphical design
>>
This is actually something I've been thinking a lot about since VR became a thing. There's already an established design lexicon for 2D menus that we navigate with controllers, but how does that change with something as fundamentally different as VR? Can anything be improved, or is there even a need to improve it at all?

I'm by no means any sort of expert, though. Extremely limited programming knowledge and basically no real-world examples to show - would you consider taking on someone who'd be learning alongside you?
>>
>>278957
Yes we would any help at all is needed
>>
>>278948
/gd/gd/ here.

Currently I'm building a VR game in Unreal and the majority of what I'm finding is that a lot of the UI/UX techniques for mobile carry over better than tradition large scale UI systems like game menus or webpage design.

The real key issue I'm seeing seems to be that people have only been using the montion controller as a sort of laser pointer mouse and using the trigger as a left mouse click, and it feels off since games have never used a trigger to select before. It also means that you end up feeling like you are trying to poke a button with a stick rather than with your finger; which isn't nearly as easy for the majoroty of people; even more so when the buttons are small or require a half pull to use.

So in terms of VR UX, I'm trying to find a good sliding action method like Minority Report that works with a mobile design. So far results seem good, but I'm worried it will need predictive programming to understand what the user is trying to do and I don't think my studio will have the time or budget to get a system like that in place; game mechanics always take priority.
>>
>>278986
You seem pretty well informed about about VR is there any other way we can get into contact with you?
>>
am I the only one surprised that this thread exists here instead of in >>>/3/ ?
>>
>>279057
You can just ask here on /gd/. I typically check it 3-5 times a day.
>>
>>279090
What we're interested in making is a somewhat interactive vr video. I don't expect there to much of a variance between the design of a video and a game. What programs would you recommend we use? Could you post a link to it
>>
>>279071
>trigger
I highly doubt they police this board as much as the /b/ or /pol/ so it would be pretty surprising if they actually took the time out to move this thread
>>
>>279128
For an interactive video, Unreal. Their new sequencer is a great tool for cinematics.

I'm sure you could also do it in Unity, or some other program that isn't a game engine, but those you would need to find for yourself.
>>
>>279140
Thanks for the help mate
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.