[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graphic design?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (94KB, 952x952px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 952x952px
Hi, I'm an illustrator and I'm going to Poland this summer to take some graphic design classes. I'm doing this because I want to be able to understand more about design and understand what makes for good and bad design. Graphic design seems really intimidating because everyone who's in it already knows what's good and has very strong opinions and I feel like a dingo dongo dingus.

How do I get into design in a way that I can incorporate it into my life as an illustrator?
HeLp
>>
>>259591
practice.
>>
File: 1339454530085.jpg (310KB, 1100x4677px) Image search: [Google]
1339454530085.jpg
310KB, 1100x4677px
>>259591
Hi. If you're a beginner looking to improve and do bigger things, you'll have to look about the basics of art : color theory and perspective.
GD is something creative, so there is no rule, only guidelines that are proved to work on all thing.

>How do I get into design in a way that I can incorporate it into my life as an illustrator?
General knowledge is REALLY important, the more you know, the more you are sensible to a graphic style, the representation of an object, a foreign culture, how people will read your work, how far you can stretch your mind to find the inspiration.

>illustrator
4chan has a board dedicated to drawing, >>>/ic/
>>
File: PARTNSPADE_PRO_POSTER_1l.jpg (155KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
PARTNSPADE_PRO_POSTER_1l.jpg
155KB, 480x720px
>>259591

A quick note to hopefully help you feel better. Good and bad are really subjective within any creative field; graphic design is no different. You shouldn’t feel bad/worried about liking something, even if everyone else seems to hate it, don’t ignore other people but don’t just accept that things are good or bad because someone else says so. Have taste, ask questions and learn how to express why you like something.

Answering your question though. I don’t know much about the ethos of an illustrator but incorporating the mindset of a graphic designer into your work might not be that difficult. The key will be to consider why you’re making what you’re making, what reactions you want your work to create and what ideas it will represent. Don’t be suckered into believing that there is a ‘look’ to graphic design or a certain type of work you should be creating. Graphic design is more like a way of thinking rather than a style, or format. Use the skills you already have and apply them to the design tasks you’ll be given. (i.e. you don’t ‘have’ to create swiss-posters, to be a graphic designer)

I hope that helped, not sure if it answered your question or not. It’d be nice to see some of the illustrations you’ve already created; or did you draw the picture you posted with?

P.s. With my post I’ve linked a poster created as a collaboration between David Carson and the illustrators George Bates, Michael Lotenero and Justin Kauffman. Looking up who David Carson is (if you don’t know already) could be an eye opener. Love him or hate him it’s good to know his name and what he’s created.
>>
>>259591
simple answer
>design classes
you goto school to learn. So what if someone already knows what to do, they fucked up and paid for stuff they already know.
>>
>>259652
Every remorseful slave recommends their mistakes, go to school, pay to interact with peers, have your intelligence insulted with powerpoints on stuff you could have learned twice as fast with a search engine, you need an art degree
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.