[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the near-constant anxiety and depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: nature.png (38KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nature.png
38KB, 800x600px
How do you deal with the near-constant anxiety and depression that comes with being a professional designer?
>>
>>254827
I see the taller tree dog'ing the orange tree as the night sky deals with it and utters 'noice'
>>
File: 1453434876053.gif (539KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1453434876053.gif
539KB, 500x358px
>>254827
>How do you deal with the near-constant anxiety and depression that comes with being a professional designer?
The real question is:
>How do you deal with the near-constant anxiety and depression that comes with life?
In that case the answer should be found round
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>254827
You look at your nice paycheck, use it to buy liquor, and realize you could have it way worse because people genuinely act impressed when you say you're a designer/artist.
>>
>>254891
This.

Dealing with clients can suck sometimes, but the fact is I get paid to draw pretty pictures and fuck around on the computer while a lot of my friends literally break their backs doing manual labor for relatively comparable pay.
>>
File: 1430579832977.jpg (916KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1430579832977.jpg
916KB, 1920x1080px
Red Bull and Xanax. Seriously.

You put those two together and you can do anything.
>>
>>254915
But that only last so long before you build a tolerance and have to move on to shit that will eventually kill you, like cocaine and alcohol.
>>
Masturbation.
>>
>>254979
C'est la vie.
>>
>>254979
OH NO NOT DRUGS
your design heros and favorite artists were/are all on something
>>
>>254827
I have no idea. If my sister ha not killed herself 2 years ago I'd probably have done it myself since.
>>
>>254979
>>255225
Of course they were, but we're talking about living, not succeeding.
>>
Get outside more. If you're working freelance you probably aren't setting enough time aside to relax and do what you want. Set aside a couple of hours in the day or evening (not at night) to go outside and do something, anything, that keeps you occupied. Go to a bar, or a cafe, go for a walk. As cliché as it sounds, it works. It also can inspire you somewhat and refresh your ideas.
>>
>>254829
>/r9k/

all those faggots ever talk about are roasties, manlets and desperation for sex with girls. It's annoying.
>>
Cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>254827
Hitting the punching bag at the gym
>>
>>254827
Lots of sex
>>
File: 1390347146430.jpg (138KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1390347146430.jpg
138KB, 1024x1024px
mood stabilizers
anti-depressants
3-4.5 mg of xanax per day

i don't feel particularly stressed about the work, it's just i have an anxiety attack every morning
>>
>>256791
also half-a-pack of cigarettes per day
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.