[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Profit from an imageboard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: hiromoot.jpg (58KB, 554x599px) Image search: [Google]
hiromoot.jpg
58KB, 554x599px
How much profit does 4chan make?
This site is really popular after all.
How much profit does one usually have from an imageboard?
>>
>>>/biz/
>>
Probably enough to make a decent living but not much more. I think most people here use adblockers so he has to shill passes by rangebanning people and making new features like ebin exclusive pass user board.
>>
>>62303103
This topic related to Web development.
I would like to know.
I feel like this topic is better to be asked here since biz is all about cryptocurrency
>>
>>62303068
I'd say 120 bucks a day based on my extensive research into the topic.
>>
>>62303159
>based on my extensive research into the topic
Tell me more
>>
>>62303068
ads and passes
>>
File: 1501290268887.png (4KB, 700x67px) Image search: [Google]
1501290268887.png
4KB, 700x67px
>imageboards
>profit
Good luck my friend. You are dealing with a userbase of which primarily hates donations and uses adblockers.

4chan most likely has never turned a profit. You can go ask Jim Watkins if his imageboard made any profit, he'll tell you no. See pic related. 4chan is likely in the same boat.

>How is 4chan kept afloat?
CA$H MONEY ~ 4chan FAQ
>>
>>62303610
What the point of keeping the website if it doesn't make you any profit then?
>>
>>62303636
they're lying. they want to sound like good guys and keep the shekels rolling. they're selling your data at facebook tier scales. moot was financing his faggot romps around the world.
>>
>>62303652
I guess it's technically the truth. a jewish half-truth. the site may not make a profit, but there are plenty of actors who will pay you to be their info goy. moot was rubbing elbows with anita, was cucked by the gawker girl, now works for google.

what does that tell you?
>>
File: 1496615063114.png (231KB, 730x852px) Image search: [Google]
1496615063114.png
231KB, 730x852px
>>62303636
For the same reason the hotpockets do it for free. Passion. As gay as it sounds.
>>
>>62303123
They don't make their money through advertising, they make it by selling demographic data to marketers.

You're anonymous, but you're still a data point.
>>
The traffic on this board is valuable data for marketers. It could be sold to companies for Trend analysis.
>>
>>62303704
it sounds gay because you're gay. gay is queer. different. unnatural. wrong. you are wrong and gay.
>>
>>62303778
Is this considered bad or is it normal?
Since I am anonymous it won't make any difference to me, right?
>>
>>62303143
>Not discussing the tech behind
>>>/biz/
>>
>>62303334
how do they compare?
>>
How much can you make from selling user data though?
I just want to know approximate numbers
>>
>>62304321
You can go ask Jim Watkins
>>
>>62303068
>How much profit does 4chan make?
I've been on this site since day one and from what I've gathered subjectively, moot never made much profit from it. I remember the longcat donation thing many years back, so it appears he even had to rely on donations at some points. Keep in mind you have to pay server costs and whatnot. I don't think 4chan passes make a huge gain either. Also keep in mind the amount he had to pay for legal processes along the years, every time 4chan was in the spotlight for some dumb shit and people tried to sue etc. Just think fappening.

The biggest factor is: usually websites make profit through ads. There are next to no companies who want to be associated with a site hosting perversion, racism, degeneracy and where 'hate speech' is the norm.
>>
>>62303610
ok then if this shithole is constantly losing tons of money how is it still up? you know that these people arent coming out of pocket to keep these places afloat since theyre a hassle to deal with

after the addition of new advertisements its definitely making some sort of revenue
>>
>>62303068
Ask Swaglord, he's the one in charge of 4chan's advertising bucks since he works at a kike advertising agency. They're turning a good proffit thanks to all the infowars shilling on /pol/.
>>
>>62305695
hot
>>
>>62305508
It's not. I assume the ads are enough now to break even, considering the fact hiro shut up about the 4chan server bills.
>>
File: 1427145135699.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1427145135699.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
>>62305700
>>
File: 1502385882594.jpg (560KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502385882594.jpg
560KB, 1080x1080px
>>62305700
he's taken
>>
>>62305717

Is that the infamous /fa/ Meetup ?
>>
Under moot, MAYBE $10,000 revenue. Remember that Fappening is the straw that broke the camel's back, and the only reason he was able to get through that was he spent little money from what he saved.
Under hiro, easily much more than that.
I'd rather be owned by moot. He was a faggot, but at least he knew what the fuck was up with this place.
>inb4 le cluck meme
>mot deserves to die cause he messed with muh home board >:(
>>
File: T4jQt2F.jpg (898KB, 3110x2073px) Image search: [Google]
T4jQt2F.jpg
898KB, 3110x2073px
>>62305789
the only infamous /fa/ meetup i know about is pic related
>>
>>62305793
moot is/was a fucking faggot that 4chan would have been better off without. from the very start he did almost nothing but attention whore and had his team of slaves run 4chan for him.
>>
>>62305862
moot was a loveable faggot
aren't we're all faggots you faggot?
>>
File: 1503277011436.png (4MB, 2395x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1503277011436.png
4MB, 2395x1600px
>>62303068
Pennies, imageboards usually operate on lose and if not for our bigger contributors Jlist and FBI we would be long dead.
>>
Hotwheels said he would have shut down his imageboard a couple years ago. If Jim hadn't taken it over it he would have just shut it down.

Jim didn't buy it. It wasn't worth any money. Hotwheels just gave it to him. At around the same time Moot sells 4chan to Hiro. Jim and Hiro who are still actually business partners now came to own the #1 and #2 most popular English language imageboards.
>>
Also there is a picture of Hiro with a tranny that you're not allowed to post on 4chan or else you will get banned. It's safe for work but you will be banned.
>>
>>62305998
link to it so i can test upload it
>>
I don't know where I read it but I recall once moot saying that at its most popular during his administration he was pulling about 100,000 USD +/- 10% per year. There's no doubt with the skyrocketing popularity of 4chan since the election and gookmoot's malwa- "advertising strategy" that this could have doubled by now. I've talked to business owners about cash flow and for something as well established as 4chan this seems reasonable.
>>
>>62303778
It'll make a difference to you. Shilling, despite what people say, is an insanely cheap marketing strategy in comparison to commercials and such - imagine that it costs a few grand to buy a billboard for a month, compared to some poor, remotely connected schlub working for pennies per post.

Marketing research will look at what locations post in what threads, and what they say about the thread topic, in addition to looking at what products the anonymous user currently owns. In that way, they know where to spend their time and effort to maximize that poor schlub posting for pennies, and where to put more of them.

Yes, we are being used for marketing research. Technically, legally, according to the FCC, companies are supposed to mark every time they post an advertisement - which they do not do here. If it catches up to companies that this happens, it'll destroy schilling as we know it, but until then...
>>
>>62303068
Passes are profitable.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.