[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does someone manage to spend $140,000 on an 8K cinema camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 23

File: LTT.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LTT.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
How does someone manage to spend $140,000 on an 8K cinema camera and still have their footage look like this?
>>
>>62136863
(((auto))) focus.
>>
>>62136891
I was going to say this so this
>>
File: hmm___.gif (4MB, 463x260px) Image search: [Google]
hmm___.gif
4MB, 463x260px
Is he our guy?
>>
>>62136863

Lighting that is not at all appropriate for that camera
>>
youtube video compression
>>
>>62137114
Pffft, trying too hard...
>>
He let's his employees do everything from organising to editing and filming

Also YouTube compression is garbage
>>
File: IMG_3017.jpg (258KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3017.jpg
258KB, 600x886px
>>62137114
I heard the reason he got a vasectomy was because he beat his wife so bad that she threatened to leave him unless he cut his balls off to control his anger.

It's also pretty well known he has a meth problem.
>>
File: massive tits.jpg (83KB, 759x980px) Image search: [Google]
massive tits.jpg
83KB, 759x980px
>>62137114
What an alpha male.
>>
>>62137194
>It's also pretty well known he has a meth problem.

Remember when he had his manic episode and literally ate his own shit? Search for 'man eats his own poop' on liveleak.
>>
Linus Shill Tips is
80% >>>/v/
20% >>>/g/
Whether he should be posted on /g/ is debatable.
It is a fact however that:
- He leans more towards entertainment than being educational (even if it is 9gag level entertainment for retarded people).
- His reviews are geared mostly towards gamers and 13-year-olds rather than actual tech enthusiasts.
- He doesn't actually know much about tech beyond the level an average gamer knows.
- He is mainly a marketer and brand shill, rather than a tech(nician) or a tech hobbyist.
A tech hobbyist is interested in much more than just the narrow gaming tech field.
A /g/ related Youtuber should at least be involved in actual projects and wikis or reverse engineering and repair,
tangible and defined involvement like Wendell for instance.
That is to say: His reviews of hardware are shallow and scratch the surface, and the same goes for software,
because that is his maximum capacity and any more would end up with him looking stupid with every word (and he already has instances of speaking stupidity on the shallow level of hardware discussion).

I believe that banning LTT from /g/ would increase /g/'s general quality pertaining to the board's main topic: Technology.

I also believe that moving LTT to /v/ would also increase /v/'s general quality pertaining to video gaming since getting a bit educated on how gaming hardware works would reduce stupid GPU/CPU wars threads.
>>
File: 1407658187450.jpg (157KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1407658187450.jpg
157KB, 800x532px
This man married a Johj.
Never trust a man who would marry a Johj.
Even if he says that water is wet, don't trust him and instead find a different source for validation of the claim.
>>
File: 1488167269993.png (290KB, 432x483px) Image search: [Google]
1488167269993.png
290KB, 432x483px
Linus can theoretically be a shill of everything /g/ loves, and /g/ will still rightfully hate him because mutual agreements on certain products don't magically invalidate that he is a dumb faggot shill who should be posted on the dedicated containment gaymer board for tech retards instead of /g/.
>>
>>62137307
someone send this to linus twitter
>>
>>62136863
Why do you guys care so much about some tech Youtuber who you supposedly don't like.
>>
Every time he does a sponsorship video, he downplays problems and basically lies for money to underage people on YouTube;
often contradicting things he previously said in the past (like the CPU temperatures shit).
I guess you could say that's the point of sponsorship, but still, the man makes a living by lying to kids about tech which translates to kids making hefty mistakes spurred by a shill. He's human trash.
>>
LinusShillTips isn't /g/. It's >>>/v/.

He is a dumb label reader.
He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
His Linkedin is full of management bullshit, swimming instructor, and boyscout.
Yet in spite of all of this he acts as if he knows anything, and as if he represents the tech collective.

He is a fucking marketer. His hardware reviews are about as informative as reading the fucking PDF.
The average Joe is more likely to get fucked over by listening to his idiocy.
His "humor" is 9gag level.

He is so fucking tech illiterate that he had to employ a special writer for his TechQuickie channel because he's too stupid himself.
The same faggot who tried to push a spiritual book as a solution for Carpal Tunnel or something.

His group is a marketing group, not a tech group.

He had to Internet beg for money in order to move to an office, which he managed to get ripped off on because he is a dumb faggot (admits it).
A fucking hotel cleaner in Las Vegas who gets paid on average $2400-$2700 a month can sooner or later afford what Linus has to beg for on the Internet, or beg to the manufacturers and labels.
He depends on his wife's BJ income, and she looks like those roach monsters from Terra Formars (pic related).
He pays his faggot employees minimum wage [admitted in the WAN show discussion between him and Luke], his ad revenue has halved in the meantime, and YT revenue is shit in the first place.

If you want computer case angles and proper feature description with objective reviews, you watch those faggots HardwareCanucks, who even go as far as reviewing fucking dust filters.
If you want to post on-topic /g/ related YouTubers, you post people who actually have tech jobs, tech education, and practical application; like Wendell from TekShitdictate, or Louis Rossman for board repair and reading blueprints.

Fuck off to >>>/v/.
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (454KB, 1920x1039px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
454KB, 1920x1039px
>>62137218
>'Search for 'man eats his own poop' on liveleak'
>it's real
>>
File: Linus After Reaching Adulthood.jpg (85KB, 791x584px) Image search: [Google]
Linus After Reaching Adulthood.jpg
85KB, 791x584px
He is prosumer trash that appeals to the same audience as CSI: Cyber. They're both packed with about the same amount of useful information.

He couldn't make his Cisco router work. He couldn't make his pfSense router work. He couldn't build a 1u server so "1u servers are teh sux". He clipped parts off his 2u server to get components to fit. He tried to build a NAS. He did that terrible 10Gbe LAN implementation. And He tried to water cool his house with hilarious results.

He is as amateur as they come but he's too stupid to see it. His viewers are ignorant fools if they take him seriously. Good on him for fleecing them but anyone who follows his bullshit is dumber than Linus. I've only ever seen part of one of his videos and I thought it was an April fool's day show until someone pointed out they were all like that. I've gotten wind of all his other fuckups second hand.

If someone advertises in his show I won't buy their product. I'm assuming it doesn't work and they have to pay someone to shill to the ignorant masses.

His show looks like a high school project that didn't work and he's always trying to figure it out at the last minute while the judges are watching.

His wife looks like a Japanese urban legend monster. I know she's probably Korean or Viet but she looks like something out of Japanese lore that greets you on the street after dark and eats your skin if you don't tell her where her dead daughter is buried.
>>
>bad camera operator
>crap light
>filters
MUH 140K
>>
File: 1371049408601.png (172KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1371049408601.png
172KB, 400x400px
>>62137379
Man. Linus would do just about anything for online endorsement.
>>
>>62136863
I think the same thing when I see one of his videos with the color all fucked up (where he looks orange, yellow etc).
>>
>>62137379
why would you lie :(
>>
>>62137379
fuck you. I was hoping this was real so bad.
>>
How is this thread /g/ related again?
>>
File: 1501632023208.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1501632023208.png
98KB, 612x491px
>>62137206
>massive tits
>>
>>62136863
Expensive tool don't shiny in hard incompetent,lazy or loser person.
>>
>>62137131
I don't know a whole lot about cameras, but surely a camera that fancy should be able to shoot in low lighting without looking like total fucking garbage? Even an iPhone camera doesn't have that much noise in bad lighting.
>>
I find him annoying but it's worth it to see people as butthurt as

>>62137260
>>62137361
>>62137384

Guy started out working as some salesdude for NCIX, made some silly videos with a shitty webcam and now he can afford to spend almost €150k on a cine camera not knowing how to use it. All this within 10 years. Call him all you want, but he makes you jealous because he has enough money to just play with it.
>>
>>62137464
It's not, which is why mods are dumb faggots who don't do their job to enforce the no-underage-allowed global rule which is broken by inviting the very same banned audience that's the target audience of LTT by having LTT threads posted on /g/ in any way or form, whether critique or praise.
>>
>>62136891
Fucking (((jews)))
>>
>>62137194
I heard it's a good way to not gimp your wife with horrible anti pregnancy pills that fuck up hormones and fuck as much you want without protection.
It's not like he's balls are cut off, they still produce testosterone.
>>
>>62137464
>>62137507
>t. linus cuck
Fuck off
>>
>>62137507
So, report and hide?
>>
>>62137496
I started out born to a family of millionaires.
Also this is /g/, where tech knowledge is valued more than money.
If you want a board that values money alone then you can fuck off to >>>/biz/ where you belong. System of values is different on /g/ from your simple-minded one.
>>
>>62137379
You fucking liar. I went there myself and the video with that title has a completely different looking man in it. KILL YOURSELF, FAGGOT.
>>
>>62137496
>Guy started out
Guy scams underage people on the Internet for money. He's trash, and so are you if you think money alone legitimizes a tech illiterate shill on /g/. Kindly remove yourself to /b/ where people enjoy scamming kids.
>>
>>62137467
>but surely a camera that fancy should be able to shoot in low lighting without looking like total fucking garbage?

Nope, that camera is designed for shooting films, where you can carefully control the lighting setup. Its not meant for taking into some dimly lit office with overhead florescent, because that is a scenario that would never happen when filming a movie.
>>
>>62137379
kek its real!
>>
>he called ryzen garbage
how much did intel pay him to say that?
>>
Not even a /g/ browser but I built a few computers when I was younger but why does this cunt put a clump of thermal paste and just put on the heat sink?

Does he think those sinks are true to a few thou where it would make a perfect seal due to friction?

Why doesn’t he SPREAD THE DAMN PASTE?
>>
>>62137717
literally when ?
he's riding amd cpu divison's cock atm
>>
>>62137717
Ryzen is garbage, it took them 6 years to make a CPU that has worse IPC than Sandy Bridge.
>>
>>62137520
morning pill =/= anti pregnancy drugs
>>
>>62136863
>the moment it dawns on you that technology isn't about buying stuff
>>
>>62137738
https://youtu.be/UVw9VuofPzU
>>
>>62137737
>spreading thermal paste
its not fucking nutella abdel

if you applied the clump properly putting the heat sink will spread it evenly
>>
>>62137753
maybe but im pretty sure linus never called them shit
>>
>>62137778
ASSUMING BOTH SURFACES ARE TRUE. IF EITHER IS OFF BY A FEW THOUSANDS OF AN INCH IT WONT.
>>
>>62137808
do you have fucking parkingsons or something ?
securing the sink properly is not fucking hard if you screw them in well you shouldnt have to spread the paste and if they are off well your sink is shite or not compatible
>>
>>62137877
Imagine the manufacturing tolerances to make a completely flat plate.

Imagine it being slightly convex or concave.
>>
File: IMG_3028.jpg (55KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3028.jpg
55KB, 450x320px
>>62137877
>parkingsons
???
>>
>>62137877
>parkingsons
I don't know if he has Parkinson's,
but i do know you suffer from more than just mild retardation.
>>
>>62137466
Ok now in English
>>
>>62137910
it should be flat if it isnt it wount do its job properly so you should send it back.
machining a flat surface isnt hard
like I said it it's off or uneven it shit
>>
>>62137930
made me chuckle
>>62137979
nah just french. it bleeds into my english sometimes
>>
>>62137289
johji
>>
File: 13135161312.png (21KB, 263x200px) Image search: [Google]
13135161312.png
21KB, 263x200px
>>62137194
>vasectomy
>reducing testosterone
>>
>>62136863
So I'm fairly new to shooting video, but it seems to be the lighting is wrong.

Comments?
>>
>>62137753
Fuck off Brian
>>
File: linus_fanbase.jpg (79KB, 812x621px) Image search: [Google]
linus_fanbase.jpg
79KB, 812x621px
>Its another shilling episode poste subtly as vague discussion
>>
>>62137808
The machining on the surfaces of the sink and cpu are most likely within a thousandths. It would be interesting to get to surfaces so flat that they actually stick like gauge blocks. Wonder if the convection would be better. Not that I actually need to know. Just a rainy day project/too much caffiene idea.
>>
>he thinks downconverting 8K footage to 1080p resolution doesn't come with a lot of noise and problems
>he doesn't seem to realize that YouTube's compression settings aren't going to provide the best visual quality because they're designed to provide better quality in terms of the bitrates for streaming purposes
>he doesn't see to realize he's a fucking moron for making this thread
>>
>>62137384
wtf do you even care about some youtuber... also you think the 10's of thousands of retards who are "Microsoft Certified" every month (hint: IT is plumbing tier career and doesn't require intelligence) are somehow more qualified to review graphics cards on a youtube channel than this dude?
>>
>>62139051
Fuck off back to /v/ LTT underage.
You are not allowed on this board along with your tech illiterate shill.
>>
>>62137737
bait
>>
>>62136863
the 8K camera was for his glory hole visits not his youtube videos
>>
That's footage from a different camera because the RED is broken shit
>>
>>62139051
>IT is plumbing tier career and doesn't require intelligence
At least plumbers construct their own pipes and know what a shower is
>>
>>62136863
wait is he actually good (not regarding 8k lmao obvi) or what
WHAT"S THE /G/ CONSENSUS
>>
>>62137136
This.

It kinda proves that using a Red for youtube content is major overkill.
>>
How do you even pay $140,000k for a RED camera?

He's gotta be getting basically EVERY upgrade option possible as well as the studio kit and probably ~12-20TB worth of RED mini mags.
>>
>>62139556
Watch the 10 minute video he posted about it, and don't forget to like and subscribe
>>
everyone saying ohh its youtube compression or its downscaling or whatever has never learnt any actual photography. Theres no excuse for op's image being so out of focus and badly exposed. whoever is operating that camera has no fucking clue what theyre doing.

>140k camera
>set it to auto
>cool story bro
>>
>>62139795
>youtube paparazzi doesn't know anything beyond actors, movies, and menial trivia
you don't say.
>>
>>62139317
>small-batch artisanal PVC extrusion made in my own basement
kek?

sage for linus shill
>>
>>62137194
I don't think you know how vasectomy works
>>
>>62137114
Only if >>>/v/ is your board
>>
File: 8-inch-floppy.jpg (14KB, 430x319px) Image search: [Google]
8-inch-floppy.jpg
14KB, 430x319px
>>62137361
eh. are you 12? Why would you spend so much time talking about someone you don't like? Your insults are even lame. If Linus' hardware reviews were as informative as reading the 'fucking PDF' he'd be easily in the top 99 percentile of hardware reviews.
>>
>>62140135
Seems like these copy-pasta are good at outing obviously underage LTT shills who should be underageb&-ed.
>>
>>62137206
>massive disgusting bejeweled nails
>>
>>62137808
Still works shut up stop giving terrible advice.
>>
>>62137361
He's basically the /g/ equivalent of PewdiePie
>>
Linus is a wristlet.
>>
>>62140512
Except PewdiePie is much richer, much more renowned, much more handsome, and has a girl that makes Linus's wife look like a worn out alien prostitute who got her head smashed with a dildo too often.
>>
>>62136863
Linus is great. I want to see more of his server builds where he uses an angle grinder and hot glue gun.
>>
>>62136863
I think op is envy
>>
because he doesn't have the skills or knowledge for any of the shit he posses, nor does he seem to care to learn master the equipment either.

He just gets free stuff for shilling and occasionally buys some stuff too.

Like if you gave an average pleb a new canon mark 5D and all the photos have a shit ton of noise in them
>>
>>62137206
>those boobs
>that jaw and chin

Mogran Webb?
>>
>>62140550
PDP managed to fuck over all of YT and all YT content creators by initiating the adpocalypse with a single video of him doing a hitler salute. Of course he is more influential than Linus.
>>
>>62137379
>how to take a screenshot tab
>>
>>62137496
>fake currency
>>
File: asasdas.png (668KB, 689x741px) Image search: [Google]
asasdas.png
668KB, 689x741px
>>62136863
I don't get why you guys get so mad about linus. He can give you a quick rundown on a product if you want to know basic specs and information about it, as the name techtips would imply. You say it's /v/ but you fags have been posting him and other consumerist channels likes jays and the like and all their benchmarks for years.
>>
File: 1489525502712.jpg (25KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489525502712.jpg
25KB, 300x360px
>run tech youtube channel
>just reached ~6k subs
>actually close to making enough money to support myself doing this full time

Feels pretty good, but not that good. YouTube's format is pretty awful for people with low sub counts (<50k or so). Gotta put up a new video every 2-3 days, minimum, or the algorithm will deliberately force you down in results, stop recommending your videos, and lead people away from your videos by only recommending other channels. If you don't do exactly what they want you to do, their system will actively sabotage you.

I love making videos, I love writing the scripts, I love building computers, I love testing components, I love helping people and teaching... but I hate the environment of YouTube. If you want to get anywhere on YT, you're much more of a slave than any kind of independent worker or entrepreneur.

Anyway I actually got started with feedback from you guys, so thanks for that.
>>
>>62137361
AyyyLmao
>>
>>62142394
What's your channel i'll throw you a sub
>>
File: img.png (172KB, 974x524px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
172KB, 974x524px
>>62142371
>I don't get why you guys get so mad about linus. He can give you a quick rundown on a product if you want to know basic specs and information about it, as the name techtips would imply. You say it's /v/ but you fags have been posting him and other consumerist channels likes jays and the like and all their benchmarks for years.

Because he's an idiot but strongly claims not to be.

/g/ ESPECIALLY hates idiots who always get bailed out because they never learn. Fuck up your storage array? Data recovery INC will sponsor a fix.

Too cheap for a UPS? Let us sponsor A USED SET for you! (that immediately failed)
>>
>>62142434
99% of the people on youtube are morons. Ain't gotta get all ass blasted about it, not everyone can be terry
>>
File: 1492493691211.jpg (700KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1492493691211.jpg
700KB, 2272x1704px
>>62142418
Here's the video I'm most proud of so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8LNtk8OR8

I gotta say it is pretty awesome to have a few people who actually really like my stuff, give feedback and suggestions... The yt community actually does have some pretty cool people.
>>
>>62142461
>99% of the people on youtube are morons. Ain't gotta get all ass blasted about it, not everyone can be terry

He's an "infulencer" loves to call himself one. The fact he gets so many sponsorship's gives him legitimacy in the tech world and I guess people are mad about that.

I hate how he's so cocky, but I like that he does a lot of stuff that nobody else does (mainly from sponsorship's) which is why I still watch.
>>
>>62142489
People are jelous as fuck desu. Yeah linus is weird and stupid and has an ugly gook wife and has low t and probably gay but he is really making a lot of money and has a pretty good sized company while being young and self made
>>
>>62142489
There's so much stuff I would try if I had the level of sponsorships he does. On one hand I am jealous of him (and every other big tech youtuber) but on the other hand, he has been working at this stuff for years now. His level of success didn't happen overnight.
>>
I like how he still drives that shitty car. I wonder how much money he put into it.
>>
>>62142482
>tfw I was already subscribed before seeing your post
Your content is nice m8
>>
File: 1488327626352.jpg (13KB, 225x211px) Image search: [Google]
1488327626352.jpg
13KB, 225x211px
>>62142669
Much appreciated anon, I'm glad you like it
>>
>>62142701
>tfw can't find the 3.1 case nowhere I live
>>
>>62140106

I have probably seen a good 100 posts that imply a vasectomy means be had his balls removed.

This place is full of retards and children.
>>
>>62137260

LTT is way more /g/ than the watch thread or the people who buys trash from China and reviews it.
>>
File: 1494315032672.jpg (82KB, 620x840px) Image search: [Google]
1494315032672.jpg
82KB, 620x840px
>>62142734
What country are you in? It did take Amazon a while to stock the case after CM released it, it may just take a while for all the non-UK/US/AUS retailers to get a hold of them.

It is a pretty awesome case though. I'm working on the full review for it now, but just my experience with the Ryzen build was enough to win me over. I don't think you can find anything else that attractive for less than $70 or $80.
>>
>>62142482
Nice videos, you'll go far.
>>
File: 6457434225.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
6457434225.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>62139051
IT here
110k bitch
>>
>>62137260
Wendell who? Forgot about him. Saw him but ignored the threads.
>>
>>62142263
>4chan
:thinking:
>>
>>62142371
>I don't get why you guys get so mad about linus.
Because his shit belongs on /v/.
>He can give you a quick rundown on a product if you want to know basic specs and information about it
Incorrect. He can give me a fallacious breakdown much like his acer laptop vid where he lied about the durability of its structure, or the Corsair case where he omitted the fragility of the hinges, or the oven baking vid which was pulled down after everyone in the world called him an idiot for it.
>as the name techtips would imply
Implying something doesn't make it true.
>You say it's /v/ but you fags have been posting him and other consumerist channels likes jays and the like and all their benchmarks for years.
No, YOU have been posting him.
You can fuck off from 4chan with his now because underage is not allowed per global rules.
>>
>>62137194
those tights seem comfy as fuck
>>
>>62142922
He's fat.
>>
>>62137260
>>62137361
>muh sikrit club
>I should decide what posts go here
go to >>>/reddit/ if you want your safespace
>>
>>62146519
Underageb&, pls leave, and take your shill with you.
>>
>>62145679
I want a pair like that t b h.
>>
>>62146519
In accordance with Global Rule 6 and Global Rule 2, please desist.
>>
>>62137206
Where did you found this? We need more.
also it would be nice if Linus would cheat on his wife with her. We need more drama on this channel.
>>
>>62137412
Link
>>
>>62147312
>Where did you found this? We need more.
Why do you want to know? Are you a perv or something?
>>
File: LinusCrossdressingTips.webm (452KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LinusCrossdressingTips.webm
452KB, 1920x1080px
>>62136863
>>
>>62146833
You forgot 11:
>Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.

On /g/, this means that only production companies are allowed.
Businesses whose sole purpose is marketing revenue like LTT should be banned.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.